PDA

View Full Version : Jim Harbough is coming to Gilmer

lostaussie
01-15-2015, 10:04 PM
And he's looking for a QB. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2015/01/15/harbaugh-look-radar-texas-qb-recruit/21805603/

bobcat1
01-15-2015, 10:14 PM
Fantastic news. I hope he gets the offer.:thumbsup:

lostaussie
01-15-2015, 10:19 PM
Fantastic news. I hope he gets the offer.:thumbsup:

Nothing in stone yet by any means. The kid deserves a chance to play somewhere.

buckeyebob
01-16-2015, 08:58 AM
He is one of the best I have ever seen...no flash or smack talk...works hard, stays out of the limelight...more pressure, the better he gets (see Tatum, Gladewater, & West Orange-Stark)...great kid

ahs_indian_fan
01-16-2015, 09:11 AM
I could be wrong, but didn't the McCowns play at Jacksonville?

waterboy
01-16-2015, 09:15 AM
Nothing in stone yet by any means. The kid deserves a chance to play somewhere.

I agree. I am surprised that he is not being recruited more heavily, especially considering what he did this past season. He doesn't even have a "star" in the recruiting circuit. That amazed me. You can't argue with McLane's numbers. The young man has a strong, accurate arm, and his presence in the pocket is second to none..., and despite not needing to move much this season, he can still move. If anybody gives him a real opportunity I don't think they will be disappointed.

waterboy
01-16-2015, 09:16 AM

Yes. I noticed that error in the article, too. Coach Traylor coached them, but that was when he was in Jacksonville.

Dawgs
01-16-2015, 12:27 PM
Maybe he is coming to look at Traylor...

lostaussie
01-16-2015, 05:14 PM

You could only wish:D

Aesculus gilmus
01-17-2015, 07:12 PM

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he'll leave someday, but I think he'll pull an "Art Briles" and be the head guy if it ever happens. I think he's already turned down at least one offer to do just that.

I just can't see Jeff Traylor going back to being an assistant coach after all he's accomplished as a head coach.

On edit: To be clear, I meant that he's turned down at least one major college offer. Everyone knows he's been approached innumerable times to be the head coach at other high schools.

Saggy Aggie
01-17-2015, 09:58 PM
Who's jim harbough?

Tejastrue
01-17-2015, 10:10 PM
lol....cousin to the Pillsbury do-bough

buckeyebob
01-18-2015, 09:12 AM

Yep...it was a misprint...they played for Jeff when he was at Jacksonville...they are still close as I understand it

buckeyebob
01-18-2015, 09:15 AM

A buddy of mine was on the School Board when they were interviewing Jeff for the job...he asked him what were his long term goal...Jeff said he wanted to watch his grandkids play football on a field named after him...I say that would be Buckeye Stadium.

YTBulldogs
01-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Jeff said he wanted to watch his grandkids play football on a field named after him...I say that would be Buckeye Stadium.

So, you don't think Traylor will ever have a field named after him then?

Aesculus gilmus
01-19-2015, 11:25 AM
It could be Jeff Traylor Field at Buckeye Stadium.

Gilmer regularly plays in Tyler on Earl Campbell Field at Trinity Mother Frances Rose Stadium.

waterboy
01-19-2015, 12:06 PM
It could be Jeff Traylor Field at Buckeye Stadium.

Gilmer regularly plays in Tyler on Earl Campbell Field at Trinity Mother Frances Rose Stadium.

Our home away from home.:D Buckeye Stadium South, if you will. Lobo Stadium is Buckeye Stadium Southeast.:thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
01-19-2015, 05:37 PM
Michigan needs all the QBs it can get in Ann Arbor to cause some competition. Alex Malzone is our only realistic
option at this point. Shane Morris has started a few games but was really ineffective in them. Rumor has
it he is uncoachable to boot. Harbaugh isn't gonna put up with that so bring on McLane Carter and anyone else
that might be a good fit for Michigan's scheme.

buckeyebob
01-24-2015, 09:45 AM
So, you don't think Traylor will ever have a field named after him then?

Traylor has turned bunch of very good jobs...as long as the Gilmerites treat him as they should, I don't see it happening...he is from here...his mom & dad are down the street...he is a very big fish in a small pond...his program is at the top of the finest football in the world (Texas)...he is A.D. & does not have to teach...his wife is an Asst Princpal...both are paid well...Children - one @ A&M (walk-on Football), one an OL (Uncle Kurt is OL Coach)...one is Cheerleader...just don't see it