PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones at least this year was getting it right.

Txbroadcaster
01-15-2015, 01:49 PM
very well deserved IMO

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2015/01/cowboys-gm-and-owner-jerry-jones-wins-pfwa-executive-of-the-year.html/

coach
01-15-2015, 02:13 PM
Well deserved. Are the votes counted before the playoffs start?

GrTigers6
01-15-2015, 02:28 PM
Yeah he could have Axed Garrett and started all over again. Thank God he didn't because I think Garrett has found something that works. We will know next year if it is sustainable

Farmersfan
01-16-2015, 10:25 AM
Considering Jerry's history in the NFL I find it kind of ironic that he would be rewarded like this for HIS contributions. Did he just wake up one morning last year and suddenly know something he didn't know before? Did a magic football executive fairy throw fairy dust of football knowledge in his face? Naw, I suggest Jerry Jones made some controversial personnel moves that just happened to work out this time. Unlike in the past! It's my opinion that if anyone deserves an award it would be the D-cordinator for having the defense playing lights out with limited talent and all the injuries. The offense improved +23 points against a weaker schedule but the defense improved -80 points. I originally felt the success of the defense was due primarily to the fact that the offense was keeping the ball more but the Time of Possession this season was only 3 minutes better. Would 3 minutes a game in possession equate to such a big turnaround in record? Maybe? But of course Jerry did hire the D-cordinator and did insist in Garrett giving up some of his play calling duties. I just don't see a reason to give Jerry credit for finally making a few good decisions after a long, long string of poor ones. Am I being too "farmersfan" here? :rolleyes:

coach
01-16-2015, 10:36 AM
Considering Jerry's history in the NFL I find it kind of ironic that he would be rewarded like this for HIS contributions. Did he just wake up one morning last year and suddenly know something he didn't know before? Did a magic football executive fairy throw fairy dust of football knowledge in his face? Naw, I suggest Jerry Jones made some controversial personnel moves that just happened to work out this time. Unlike in the past! It's my opinion that if anyone deserves an award it would be the D-cordinator for having the defense playing lights out with limited talent and all the injuries. The offense improved +23 points against a weaker schedule but the defense improved -80 points. I originally felt the success of the defense was due primarily to the fact that the offense was keeping the ball more but the Time of Possession this season was only 3 minutes better. Would 3 minutes a game in possession equate to such a big turnaround in record? Maybe? But of course Jerry did hire the D-cordinator and did insist in Garrett giving up some of his play calling duties. I just don't see a reason to give Jerry credit for finally making a few good decisions after a long, long string of poor ones. Am I being too "farmersfan" here? :rolleyes:

You actually made a post without blameing Romo. I am proud of you. lol. I heard that Jason Garrett has finally got in his ear and convinced him this is the way to do it. Hopefully he doesnt get the big head and try to do everything himself like he did with Jimmy.

Farmersfan
01-16-2015, 11:02 AM
You actually made a post without blameing Romo. I am proud of you. lol. I heard that Jason Garrett has finally got in his ear and convinced him this is the way to do it. Hopefully he doesnt get the big head and try to do everything himself like he did with Jimmy.

Ask and ye shall receive: I'm pretty sure I made the statement last year that the 2013 Cowboys could have easily (and should have) been 11-5 if not for the Romo meltdown games where he gave the victory away. The late game interceptions against the Broncos and Lions shut and nailed the coffin for the 'boys! We really didn't get the normal 2 or 3 give-away games from Romo this season like we have in the past. (although some might say the Redskins loss and Niners loss could have hinged on Romo big mistakes this season).

Wow! I suddenly feel so much better! :D

full circle
01-16-2015, 11:02 AM
He has 3 trophies

coach
01-16-2015, 11:22 AM
Ask and ye shall receive: I'm pretty sure I made the statement last year that the 2013 Cowboys could have easily (and should have) been 11-5 if not for the Romo meltdown games where he gave the victory away. The late game interceptions against the Broncos and Lions shut and nailed the coffin for the 'boys! We really didn't get the normal 2 or 3 give-away games from Romo this season like we have in the past. (although some might say the Redskins loss and Niners loss could have hinged on Romo big mistakes this season).

Wow! I suddenly feel so much better! :D

You can't blame the Bronco game on Romo. He scored 50 points for us. However you can blame the Green Bay on him when he threw 2 fourth quarter pics!