PDA

View Full Version : the Thrill is gone at A&M

Lion70
01-09-2015, 04:02 AM
Kenny Hill asks for his release from A&M and expected to tranfer to Tcu.

Saggy Aggie
01-09-2015, 07:52 AM
They can have him....

Never was a fan. Couldn't hit the water from a boat, especially on throws down field

Bullaholic
01-09-2015, 10:15 AM
Wonder how much Allen commit Kyler Murray had to do with his decision, if any?

hookandladder
01-09-2015, 10:48 AM
Hill has the tools needed to be successful at the college level, he will make a solid QB for some team. Good luck to him.

caleb_mccaig
01-09-2015, 10:57 AM
Wonder how much Allen commit Kyler Murray had to do with his decision, if any?

I'm assuming it had literally everything to do with him transferring.

PhiI C
01-09-2015, 10:59 AM
Poor Kenny - A&M was too much of a challenge for him.

Macarthur
01-09-2015, 11:15 AM
As saggy said, I think his biggest issue is lack of accuracy. That, IMO, is the most important quality a QB can have. And I find TCU a bit of an odd choice other than being close to home. TCU is actually pretty loaded at QB.

hookandladder
01-09-2015, 11:17 AM
Could be interesting if Murray decides to go Baseball instead of football, have a friend who is a scout that said he will have a lot of money thrown at him for baseball. For anyone who feels since his parents have money he would not go pro better think again, money talks.

Bullaholic
01-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Murray is one of the fastest HS QB's that I have ever seen.

Saggy Aggie
01-09-2015, 11:41 AM
Could be interesting if Murray decides to go Baseball instead of football, have a friend who is a scout that said he will have a lot of money thrown at him for baseball. For anyone who feels since his parents have money he would not go pro better think again, money talks.

The baseball talk will get even more serious since the season is upcoming. Before the season even begins, he's already being talked about as a fringe first round pick

caleb_mccaig
01-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Murray throws dimes and what not every time I've seen him play but I just can't get by the fact that the kid is 5'10 tops. I just see there being no way he ends up being an elite QB. I think he was probably one of the best Texas HS qb's ever, but his size will forever be an issue.

Rabid Cougar
01-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Kid's a winner and he makes those around him look better too.

Make note that his High School Oline is as big as most D1 FBS schools lines (Most have gone or are going FBS. His center in '13 is starting center for BYU as a true freshman) and has no problem in dealing with his height in that regards.

Reminder, his daddy played baseball before he showed at A&M.

hookandladder
01-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Just saw the end of the UA all star game, it did not look like Murray faired to well against the best of the best. Murray will be a lot like Manziel , the question will be can he have the success Manziel did at the next level. Time will tell.

msu97
01-13-2015, 08:19 AM
Murray is a great talent, and truly one of the best athletes in the state of Texas and the nation...

if you think he is a great football player... watch him on the baseball diamond... he is better... and I know that it is hard to believe...

word is that he will be a 1st round pick in the MLB draft... so baseball may be the choice for him... but he may choose college football...

as for his size... being 5'10" has not hurt Russell Wilson any...

hollywood
01-14-2015, 07:48 AM
Murray being committed to a&m may have something to do with Hill's decision to leave. Maybe not. Allen showed why he will be the future of the Aggies. Murray struggled against the top recruits in the nation in the UA game. He couldn't get to the edge even with his speed and missed on his throws. Baseball would be a good choice for him now. He can always come back and play college football if baseball doesn't work out.

New Taiton
01-14-2015, 09:28 AM
Murray being committed to a&m may have something to do with Hill's decision to leave. Maybe not. Allen showed why he will be the future of the Aggies. Murray struggled against the top recruits in the nation in the UA game. He couldn't get to the edge even with his speed and missed on his throws. Baseball would be a good choice for him now. He can always come back and play college football if baseball doesn't work out.

I didn't watch the game, but I find it incredibly hard to accurately critique a quarterback in an all star game that has practiced with his "team" four times. Outside of elementary routes and scrambling after play breakdowns, I'm not quite sure how "impressive" a QB in an all star game can be.

At the end of the day, the kid is 42-0 in high school. I imagine that he will be just fine in college.

NastySlot
01-14-2015, 11:41 AM
I didn't watch the game, but I find it incredibly hard to accurately critique a quarterback in an all star game that has practiced with his "team" four times. Outside of elementary routes and scrambling after play breakdowns, I'm not quite sure how "impressive" a QB in an all star game can be.

At the end of the day, the kid is 42-0 in high school. I imagine that he will be just fine in college.

I watched a little it was what it was an all star game. I think he completed about half his passes and had a pick.( both picks in the game were of off tips). I think the Auburn commit had good stats with a long TD.

I do believe watching the game the D-lines dominated for both teams.

I found it pretty impressive that Murray is the first kid to play in both UA all star games for baseball and football.