PDA

View Full Version : musicfest 2015

Wonkas_Willy
01-08-2015, 06:07 PM
I am here 4th year in a row.... anybody else on DL ever been or even know what it is?

caleb_mccaig
01-08-2015, 06:09 PM
Always wanted to go, a lot of my friends have gone over the past few years. One question I have now, is that since pot is legal there is it just everywhere? I know you aren't supposed to smoke it out in public but I could see that being a place where it would happen. If it is I probably will never go, nothing turns me off from something more than just pot use everywhere.

I've been getting snapchats galore from people this year and I had to delete them off my friends list until they get back. Making me jealous.

I'll stick with LJT for the fourth straight year.

Wonkas_Willy
01-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Nah, it isn't rampant, never seen anybody just toke up out in front of everybody...Now, every now and again you will get a whiff of it... I like the smell though. Heck, it is way better for you than whiskey or beer.

ronwx5x
01-08-2015, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=Wonkas_Heck, it is way better for you than whiskey or beer.[/QUOTE]
Pot is good for you?

bobcat1
01-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Heck, it is way better for you than whiskey or beer.

Pot is good for you?

That statements explains a lot to me about Wonkas_Willy.

jason
01-08-2015, 10:01 PM
it's on my bucket list

this year will be my 10th LJT festival

Wonkas_Willy
01-09-2015, 02:08 AM
F you high and mighty people... Most of you drink, there was a time drinking was illegal, I don't do pot, I have but prefer Rum and coors light better. YES, weed is good for you DOCTORS PRESCRIBE IT to some... they don't write prescriptions for whiskey or beer... lol

Back to Musicfest.... American Aquarium .... Check that band out

bobcat1
01-09-2015, 06:17 AM
F you high and mighty people... Most of you drink, there was a time drinking was illegal, I don't do pot, I have but prefer Rum and coors light better. YES, weed is good for you DOCTORS PRESCRIBE IT to some... they don't write prescriptions for whiskey or beer... lol

Oops you took that wrong. Somebody got their little feelers hurt. I meant that was probably why you made the statements you do during football season. LOL

buff4ever
01-09-2015, 09:46 AM
Pot kills more brain cells than beer or whiskey. Doctors don't prescribe it to health people, they prescribe it to unhealthy people where the side effect of losing brain cells is worth the alternative. People choose to take medicine with side effects every day, but people don't choose to take medicine with side effects for no good reason (addictions are an exception, but the addictions are due to one of the side effects).

Not going to sit here and say that beer and whiskey don't have side effects, that is apparent. But for years longer than we have been alive, beer and whiskey have been known to be less harmful to you than pot can be.

caleb_mccaig
01-09-2015, 11:00 AM

American Aquarium is SO underrated.

I don't think anyone at this point cares if pot is legal or not, I just can't stand the smell when people are smoking it.

buff4ever
01-09-2015, 11:07 AM
American aquarium is good, have listened to several of their songs now. How long have they been beating the path trying to be heard?

caleb_mccaig
01-09-2015, 11:47 AM
American aquarium is good, have listened to several of their songs now. How long have they been beating the path trying to be heard?

I have no idea, I saw them when I was working in Stephenville open up for someone and that was probably two years ago. So they can't have been on the road for too long.

Wonkas_Willy
01-09-2015, 12:41 PM
They are a big hit this year in Steamboat (Musicfest) they have been together 9 years, great lyrics, great sound and they have a new album out in Feb called WOLVES
Yesterday I saw Dirty River boys, Sam Riggs, AA, Mike McClure and finished the night with good ole Chris Knight. Not a bad day of music

caleb_mccaig
01-09-2015, 01:02 PM
They are a big hit this year in Steamboat (Musicfest) they have been together 9 years, great lyrics, great sound and they have a new album out in Feb called WOLVES
Yesterday I saw Dirty River boys, Sam Riggs, AA, Mike McClure and finished the night with good ole Chris Knight. Not a bad day of music

God, I need to see Chris Knight again. I haven't seen him since the summer before I started college in 09.

Wonkas_Willy
01-09-2015, 01:09 PM
CK is greatness, for people that haven't seen him live please don't yell out songs from the audience...He will NOT play the song you yell out. Just sit, listen, drink and clap after every song, he will do the rest.

turbostud
01-09-2015, 07:35 PM
American Aquarium live at Gas Monkey Bar and Grill Jan 17

http://gasmonkeybarngrill.com/concerts-events/

Wonkas_Willy
01-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Also at Magnolia Motor lounge soon in FW

95mustang
01-11-2015, 07:47 AM

Physicians do prescribe alcohol to patients. Alcohol is also used to treat certain emergency situations.

Wonkas_Willy
01-11-2015, 01:00 PM
Yeah, rubbing alcohol.... Show me the Doc that prescribes Rum/Coke and some Shiner/Coors Light and he has a brand new client..lol...

95mustang
01-12-2015, 02:16 AM
Yeah, rubbing alcohol.... Show me the Doc that prescribes Rum/Coke and some Shiner/Coors Light and he has a brand new client..lol...

I've been in the medical field my entire adult life. That would be 16 years now. I have worked on ambulances, hospital floors, ICU, Tele, and currently in the Emergency Department. I have seen it multiple times. I have seen beer prescribed often, I have seen wine prescribed, I have seen Everclear used in the hospital several times.

BwdLion73
01-12-2015, 08:51 AM
I've been in the medical field my entire adult life. That would be 16 years now. I have worked on ambulances, hospital floors, ICU, Tele, and currently in the Emergency Department. I have seen it multiple times. I have seen beer prescribed often, I have seen wine prescribed, I have seen Everclear used in the hospital several times.

I have an appointment in Abilene today. I plan on filling my prescription at pinkys!

Emerson1
01-12-2015, 12:40 PM
it's on my bucket list

this year will be my 10th LJT festival

I'm ready when you are.

Wonkas_Willy
01-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Steamboat is way better than LJT imho simply because you get to see the artist in small venues and instead of 40k people you are dealing with maybe 6k total and that's in the big tent. I saw AA in a bar that fit maybe 200 people, saw Chris Knight in a small bar with maybe 100 people stuffed in there. It is just a different experience.

Emerson1
01-13-2015, 10:17 AM
Steamboat is way better than LJT imho simply because you get to see the artist in small venues and instead of 40k people you are dealing with maybe 6k total and that's in the big tent. I saw AA in a bar that fit maybe 200 people, saw Chris Knight in a small bar with maybe 100 people stuffed in there. It is just a different experience.

There is no doubting that. I would have loved to see the RC piano show.

How many chicks in bikini tops and short shorts did you see at MusicFest? :D

Wonkas_Willy
01-13-2015, 02:24 PM
lol...True a lil too cold for that but Im telling ya the women there are smoking hot... Mostly Texas women (always hot) but even the workers at the ski resort and bars are good looking women

hookandladder
01-16-2015, 07:20 AM
We were at Musicfest last Saturday, had a great time at Slope side grill. Had a Texas Radio station broadcasting live from the Slope side grill with live music, the performers were awesome. We had a front row table, a little loud but all the better for me. Ready for next year, Good times for sure.

Wonkas_Willy
01-16-2015, 10:12 PM
We go every year, lets meet up for a beer next year up there...Who all did you see?

hookandladder
01-18-2015, 02:32 PM
A friend of mine has a house in SilverThorne, we skied for 3 weeks and hit Steamboat for a day run. We only saw the performers during the day and at Slopeside, we were there for two different groups at Slopeside, Dave Thomas (Pearl Stap Shirt) was by far the best we heard.We will definitely be back next year and we can hook up, shoot me a PM next year.

Macarthur
01-18-2015, 07:41 PM
Pot kills more brain cells than beer or whiskey. Doctors don't prescribe it to health people, they prescribe it to unhealthy people where the side effect of losing brain cells is worth the alternative. People choose to take medicine with side effects every day, but people don't choose to take medicine with side effects for no good reason (addictions are an exception, but the addictions are due to one of the side effects).

Not going to sit here and say that beer and whiskey don't have side effects, that is apparent. But for years longer than we have been alive, beer and whiskey have been known to be less harmful to you than pot can be.

I'd love for you to provide some support for your position.

Wonkas_Willy
01-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Mac- I agree....Buff is really stretching it here