PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer's Blake Lynch Moves ON

buckeyebob
01-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Yesterday, Blake Lynch celebrated his last day at GHS and leaves today for Waco, starting classes on Monday & becoming a Baylor Bear...photo is of Blake with Coach Traylor, his Mom & his Position Coaches...all four of them...a great foot ball player and an awesome man...we look forward to his next visit back home...Best of All Blake

Dawgs
01-08-2015, 08:07 PM
So he stayed at Gilmer 1 semester? I know the story, but that looks bad no matter how you slice it. And before you give me the "he's a great kid" and "you don't know the circumstance" save it. Kid came to Gilmer to play ball, and won a ship. Bottom line. He will be fun to watch at the next level.

movethechain
01-09-2015, 01:12 AM
So he stayed at Gilmer 1 semester? I know the story, but that looks bad no matter how you slice it. And before you give me the "he's a great kid" and "you don't know the circumstance" save it. Kid came to Gilmer to play ball, and won a ship. Bottom line. He will be fun to watch at the next level.

Yep, no matter how you slice it, he is still a great kid and will be fun to watch.

lostaussie
01-09-2015, 08:25 AM

We knew he was leaving early for Baylor the day he arrived. But because there are no reasons that are going to pacify anyone and because we are so damn tired of hearing about it...........I GUESS ITS MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

cowboyandchrist
01-09-2015, 11:16 PM
Don't worry Dawg, home grown boys will be going for number five in 2015.

Dawgs
01-10-2015, 11:45 AM
Don't worry Dawg, home grown boys will be going for number five in 2015.

I don't mean any ill will, just looks bad. I don't care either way. I just like to call a spade a spade. That's it. Gilmer would have still won state without him IMO. Don't matter either way.

By the way our best player is a "move-in" from Rusk. He moved to Carthage before his 8th grade season, but still not exactly homegrown. Honestly if I had to guess I would say he came for athletic reasons. I have no idea, but he is a great baseball and football player. We have great baseball and football programs. No problem in my eyes.

movethechain
01-10-2015, 03:21 PM
I don't mean any ill will, just looks bad. I don't care either way. I just like to call a spade a spade. That's it. Gilmer would have still won state without him IMO. Don't matter either way.

By the way our best player is a "move-in" from Rusk. He moved to Carthage before his 8th grade season, but still not exactly homegrown. Honestly if I had to guess I would say he came for athletic reasons. I have no idea, but he is a great baseball and football player. We have great baseball and football programs. No problem in my eyes.

Well, there goes the neighborhood. Everyone says we get all the best free-agents, but now the Dogs admit to sampling the forbidden fruit. :tisk:

Dawgs
01-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Well, there goes the neighborhood. Everyone says we get all the best free-agents, but now the Dogs admit to sampling the forbidden fruit. :tisk:

Heck our great Dwight Smith was kind of a "move-in". His family is from Carthage and his brother and sister went to Carthage all there lives, but he left to live with his dad in California for sometime during his HS career. Was not at Carthage during his junior year. I would liken it to the Gilmer QB this years situation. We also had Isiah Golden "move-in" from nearby Elysian Fields. I'm sure there are plenty of other good players who have came and contributed to the football success of Carthage. Not all of them come to play sports, but some probably do. It's just part of it. No knock on Gilmer, but I would think we are much more likely to get kids and parents wanting to come to Carthage. More jobs, better facilities, just as good of a football program, nicer neighborhoods and housing. Look when you win, they will come. As long as the UIL doesn't have a problem I don't either. But what I don't like is when people are acting like it's not for the most part for athletic reasons. Or they are not helping the team stay at a top level even when slot of your home grown talent graduates. Not at all saying Gilmer fans do that, just saying. Let's think about this. Carthage was very young and inexperienced this year. We grew up a lot, and by the time El Campo knocked us out we were a pretty good ball team even though we were decimated by injuries. Now put Blake Lynch and McClane Carter on our team? Might have a chance at winning state. 2 players at the 3a level make a huge difference. If you think they don't your wrong. So basically it's awesome for the kids, town, and program it benefits. For the teams that aren't fortunate to have it, it leaves a lot of room for haters. Like the Gilmer fans said, you know you have arrived when people hate you. That's true. Gilmer for 100% don't need any "move-ins" to be a top tier program in the state Texas. They have a gene pool unmatched in the area, and people from Gilmer just like people from Carthage don't leave. It's the same sons, nephews, and cousins year in and year out.

Aesculus gilmus
01-11-2015, 08:10 PM
The game that determined whether we were going to even have a chance to win State this year was the Gladewater game.

Kris Boyd won that game almost single-handedly. He is homegrown.

I didn't like the fact that Brad McCoy kept talking on the telecast about how Lynch was the key to everything. He basically acted as if he'd never heard of Boyd.

I'm not sure Gilmer would've won State without Lynch, but I KNOW we wouldn't have won State without Kris Boyd because Gladewater would've won that game in the third round in Longview.

waterboy
01-12-2015, 08:53 AM
This is true Aesculus. I also believe that Desmond Pollard (had he not died) was a better player than Lynch, and I also believe Gilmer would've won state without Lynch. Truthfully we will never know.

On another note, it has been reported that McLane Carter has several D1 offers. Are there any other seniors that have had offers?

buckeyebob
01-12-2015, 10:07 AM
This is true Aesculus. I also believe that Desmond Pollard (had he not died) was a better player than Lynch, and I also believe Gilmer would've won state without Lynch. Truthfully we will never know.

On another note, it has been reported that McLane Carter has several D1 offers. Are there any other seniors that have had offers?

Stephen F is after a gob...since Gus showed 'em what a Buckeye is, they are taking notice...they have also discovered that just about the entire Coaching Staff is SFA Alums...