PDA

View Full Version : Why I love the downlow

ccmom
01-06-2015, 11:09 PM
Obviously, I love football and love the banter here. However, there's more to it than that. I have met some GREAT people via this forum...a handful of whom have become good friends of mine.

I was reminded of that tonight. I posted info on my facebook page about our Wylie Little League fundraiser. Who were the first people step up to buy tickets? Inmateboss from Graham and lookingfornumber8 from Brownwood. Both towns they represent have a rivalry with Wylie...and both were willing to give without hesitation. Just thought I'd point out that there are a lot of boneheads on here, but they are generous, good hearted bone heads. ;)

Thanks guys!! :clap:

44INAROW
01-07-2015, 11:43 AM
Obviously, I love football and love the banter here. However, there's more to it than that. I have met some GREAT people via this forum...a handful of whom have become good friends of mine.

I was reminded of that tonight. I posted info on my facebook page about our Wylie Little League fundraiser. Who were the first people step up to buy tickets? Inmateboss from Graham and lookingfornumber8 from Brownwood. Both towns they represent have a rivalry with Wylie...and both were willing to give without hesitation. Just thought I'd point out that there are a lot of boneheads on here, but they are generous, good hearted bone heads. ;)

Nice :)

bobcat1
01-07-2015, 01:09 PM

Gotta love this place. Just like a big argumentative family but let one of us be in need and help is there. Oh and outsiders better not do anything to one of our family members.

slingshot
01-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Gotta love this place. Just like a big argumentative family but let one of us be in need and help is there. Oh and outsiders better not do anything to one of our family members.True, true-- do enjoy this place and the people. Even Jacket Swarm... err, hold on a minute. :ack!:

ccmom
01-09-2015, 11:39 AM
True, true-- do enjoy this place and the people. Even Jacket Swarm... err, hold on a minute. :ack!:

Don't get carried away :crazy:

BwdLion73
01-09-2015, 12:57 PM
True, true-- do enjoy this place and the people. Even Jacket Swarm... err, hold on a minute. :ack!:

Fire Away!

GrTigers6
01-09-2015, 01:31 PM
I haven't had a kid in school since 2012 and I still hang around,(oviously not as often) but I'm here. just because it is like a friendship of people that have and most I've have never seen their face lol

slingshot
01-09-2015, 01:46 PM
I haven't had a kid in school since 2012 and I still hang around,(oviously not as often) but I'm here. just because it is like a friendship of people that have and most I've have never seen their face lolI hang around just because I love it. My two older boys that played HS football have moved on to college (Jr and Sr at ACU) and my lone remaining one at home is a soph at Wylie and does not play football (5'8" and maybe 140 lbs dripping wet) but instead is one of only 3 soph's to make varsity on the soccer team--very proud of him. We had over 60 boys come out for soccer this year--1st time we've had enough for a Freshman team, JV and Varsity.

GrTigers6
01-09-2015, 02:41 PM
I haven't had a kid in school since 2012 and I still hang around,(obviously not as often, and not near as vocal :D) but I'm here. just because it is like a friendship of people that we all have and most I've have never seen their face lol

Fixed it!

Rabid Cougar
01-09-2015, 04:12 PM
I haven't had a kid in school since 2012 and I still hang around,(oviously not as often) but I'm here. just because it is like a friendship of people that have and most I've have never seen their face lol

I hang around because GrTiger hangs around. :wave: