PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Willis III looking at A&M

caleb_mccaig
01-06-2015, 08:30 PM
If no one remembers this guy, it's the ex Florida Gator DL who got the personal foul against Florida St. for hitting Winston out of bounds and he also got in a fight with the UF backup QB. The kid was a five * coming out of high school and it was between LSU and Florida when he made his decision. Well, he officially got kicked off the team today and apparently he's looking at A&M because him and Speedy were high school teammates.

So I'm curious if A&M folks would be willing to let a guy with a few strikes against him on your team? Do you keep him on a very short leash and if he messes up once is he gone?

1st and goal
01-06-2015, 08:34 PM
If no one remembers this guy, it's the ex Florida Gator DL who got the personal foul against Florida St. for hitting Winston out of bounds and he also got in a fight with the UF backup QB. The kid was a five * coming out of high school and it was between LSU and Florida when he made his decision. Well, he officially got kicked off the team today and apparently he's looking at A&M because him and Speedy were high school teammates.

So I'm curious if A&M folks would be willing to let a guy with a few strikes against him on your team? Do you keep him on a very short leash and if he messes up once is he gone?

Would he have to stay out a year?

FB-fanatic
01-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Would he have to stay out a year?

We've already proven we don't have any problem with hitting people on the sidelines.... bring him on!

Celina8
01-07-2015, 05:52 AM
Any school would be willing to probably take a chance on this kid if he showed interest because he has a lot of talent. Getting kicked off a team as a 5 star recruit to me is a big red flag as that indicates more issues than just late hits and getting into a fight with your backup QB. I would probably tread very carefully especially if required a full scholarship .

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2015, 08:01 AM
Me and a friend were talking about this yesterday.

Personally, I'd pass on this one. Id much rather have daylon

NastySlot
01-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Hearing his chances are slim with Aggies. Keep an eye on Whitley he got his release from UCLA

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2015, 07:53 PM
Hearing his chances are slim with Aggies. Keep an eye on Whitley he got his release from UCLA

Is he out because of grades?

NastySlot
01-07-2015, 07:59 PM
Willis? Hearing might be too much history there. You kinda would like to think getting around Speedy and Noel E might help. Idk he would have to sit a season would be a good test for him to get himself straight. Whitley might be home sick but his release from Ucla allows for transfer to Aggies. Be interesting to see what happens

caleb_mccaig
01-07-2015, 09:52 PM

Everything I've read mentions character

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Willis? Hearing might be too much history there. You kinda would like to think getting around Speedy and Noel E might help. Idk he would have to sit a season would be a good test for him to get himself straight. Whitley might be home sick but his release from Ucla allows for transfer to Aggies. Be interesting to see what happens

I was talking about Whitley when i said grades.

I know Willis' is because of character. I'm not sure speedy is a plus for him. I heard they got into a fight in their HS state championship game. Seems to be a trend...