PDA

View Full Version : FCS National Championship Satureday in Frisco, TX

Celina8
01-06-2015, 06:00 AM
It is National Championship weekend here in the DFW area as we have of course the big show at Jerry world , but also the FCS National Football Championship Saturday in Frisco, TX between North Dakota State and Illinois State. I have been very lucky to attend the FCS Championship games this past two years as it is only about 9 miles from my home. It is a lot of fun and I have to say that the fans from North Dakota State are some of the best fans of any team that I have ever been around. They will bring 20,000 or more to this game and it is fun to see them wearing their Bison headgear around the local bars and restaurants. This years team will be trying to win their fourth National Title in a row and have won a total of 11 National Championships in Football at various levels. I do not know much about Illinois State but they are ranked number 5 in the FCS rankings. Hopefully the weather will cooperate but hearing some rumblings of rain with possible sleet and snow late this week on into Saturday.

Rabid Cougar
01-06-2015, 11:53 AM
It is National Championship weekend here in the DFW area as we have of course the big show at Jerry world , but also the FCS National Football Championship Saturday in Frisco, TX between North Dakota State and Illinois State. I have been very lucky to attend the FCS Championship games this past two years as it is only about 9 miles from my home. It is a lot of fun and I have to say that the fans from North Dakota State are some of the best fans of any team that I have ever been around. They will bring 20,000 or more to this game and it is fun to see them wearing their Bison headgear around the local bars and restaurants. This years team will be trying to win their fourth National Title in a row and have won a total of 11 National Championships in Football at various levels. I do not know much about Illinois State but they are ranked number 5 in the FCS rankings. Hopefully the weather will cooperate but hearing some rumblings of rain with possible sleet and snow late this week on into Saturday.

Typical football weather in Texas for January... 60 degrees one day and Ice the next.

Those games are fun though. Went to see SHSU play them there when Brian Bell from CS was their QB. Nice facilites but was kind of cramped with NDSU and SHSU being there.

1st and goal
01-06-2015, 08:45 PM
NDSU plays their butts off.