PDA

View Full Version : TABC State rankings, Jan. 5 2015

AggiesAreWe
01-05-2015, 12:54 PM
http://www.tabchoops.org/rankings/boysteam-04/

I was wrong about Silsbee. Thought they would break into top 10 this week. Tigers are #11 this week.

Funny thing, the three state ranked teams that Silsbee beat last week all moved up in the rankings.

Kennedale (Silsbee won 77-69) moved up from #16 to #15, Argyle (Silsbee won 53-34) moved up from #23 to #17. 3A Peaster(Silsbee won 77-59) moved up from #13 to #10. Go figure.

coach
01-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Fairfield is 16 -2. The two loses have been to a 5a Corsicana team and a select team out of College Station and they arent in the top 25, however La Vega is ranked and has 11 loses....

exbull
01-05-2015, 03:40 PM
I am curious if Bridgeport has ever been ranked in the top 10 in Basketball before? You talk about a fun team to watch. I can not wait for district to start. Hopefully the Bulls can make a long playoff run so this season doesn't end for a couple of months.

regaleagle
01-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Argyle's played almost all season without 2 starters that were still playing football.....6'4 Junior JC Chalk, and 5'11 Soph Dalton Ledford. Both were starters on the football team as well. Both are very good basketball players....you have to be to be a starter at Argyle. Probably don't matter though....still will have to play Dallas Madison and Triple A Academy, not to mention Wilmer Hutchins, Kennedale, Dallas Lincoln and some others to go deep in the playoffs. ALL of these great teams are in Region 2 this season. Looks like Region 2 is absolutely loaded with quality highly ranked teams this year.

AggiesAreWe
01-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Argyle's played almost all season without 2 starters that were still playing football.....6'4 Junior JC Chalk, and 5'11 Soph Dalton Ledford. Both were starters on the football team as well. Both are very good basketball players....you have to be to be a starter at Argyle. Probably don't matter though....still will have to play Dallas Madison and Triple A Academy, not to mention Wilmer Hutchins, Kennedale, Dallas Lincoln and some others to go deep in the playoffs. ALL of these great teams are in Region 2 this season. Looks like Region 2 is absolutely loaded with quality highly ranked teams this year.

Those two played against Silsbee.

navscanmaster
01-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Haha, has Navasota really only played 5 games so far? Wow, I do believe the majority of the basketball roster was with football all the way though.

Celina8
01-06-2015, 05:38 AM
Didn't Dallas Madison get into trouble with the UIL this past year as a player of theirs was charged with murder last year and a lot of information came out about recruiting and grades. I think the DISD fired the Coaching staff and I thought the UIL had sanctioned them for 2 years playing in the Post season.

coach
01-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Didn't Dallas Madison get into trouble with the UIL this past year as a player of theirs was charged with murder last year and a lot of information came out about recruiting and grades. I think the DISD fired the Coaching staff and I thought the UIL had sanctioned them for 2 years playing in the Post season.

Yes, and they have been doing it for years.

coach
01-06-2015, 10:35 AM
I remember several years ago I made a statement on here that teams recruit and i got KILLED for even thinking schools in the great state of Texas would stoop that low. Now almost everyone does it and people ignore it.

regaleagle
01-07-2015, 02:53 AM
Those two played against Silsbee.

There's a huge difference in playing(practicing) for 2 months and playing(without much practice) for 2 weeks, if that......just ask any basketball player. Lots of difference. Naturally, teams like Argyle and Navasota are at a distinct disadvantage at this particular time in the season, but that won't be the case as the season progresses.

Bosqueville
01-07-2015, 09:13 AM
I remember several years ago I made a statement on here that teams recruit and i got KILLED for even thinking schools in the great state of Texas would stoop that low. Now almost everyone does it and people ignore it.

And it ain't just basketball either...

coach
01-07-2015, 02:47 PM
And it ain't just basketball either...

Nope, all sports. I have a juicy story about a 4a team that just won a state championship and trying to recruit an 8th grader...

slpybear the bullfan
01-07-2015, 03:32 PM
I am curious if Bridgeport has ever been ranked in the top 10 in Basketball before? You talk about a fun team to watch. I can not wait for district to start. Hopefully the Bulls can make a long playoff run so this season doesn't end for a couple of months.

To my knowledge, no. I'm not sure we have ever cracked the top 20.

And yes, this is a super fun team to watch. Go Bulls!

NastySlot
01-07-2015, 03:33 PM
When you guys talk about recruiting are you talking about coaches recruiting or is it parents and kids doing all the leg work?

coach
01-07-2015, 04:14 PM
When you guys talk about recruiting are you talking about coaches recruiting or is it parents and kids doing all the leg work?

Both. Most. def. both.

catgut
01-08-2015, 08:51 PM
Paris is 19-0 with only one game played under ten points. I can see us being 31-0 going to playoffs but we're not ranked. All I can say is that we're going to surprise some people.

coach
01-08-2015, 10:22 PM
Paris is 19-0 with only one game played under ten points. I can see us being 31-0 going to playoffs but we're not ranked. All I can say is that we're going to surprise some people.

Meh, Ya'll play in the week France region. Ain't no teams in that Region lol.

catgut
01-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Maybe your team will get to be one of the ones we surprise