PDA

View Full Version : Aggie fans

Wonkas_Willy
01-04-2015, 02:43 PM
I have never seen a program that goes 11-2 , 9-4, 8-5 and their fans feel so AWESOME finishing 5-6th in their conference and thinking things are looking up...LIKE NCship UP. To me yall are getting worse every year. Strange to me

Rabid Cougar
01-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Why do you think we feel awesome? I think we smell of rat sh8t. Inexcusable to perform like we did this past season. I have NEVER felt liek walking out of an A&M game as much as I did the ones that I paid good money to go see and they laid a big fat turd. Freaking Five Star recruits acting like its the first time they have seen a football. You were not including me in your statement.

navscanmaster
01-04-2015, 08:18 PM
Nor are you including me. Awful season that ended with a little promise as we see the future (Kyle Allen), a refreshing bowl win, and a coup against a division rival by taking their elite DC. It's a little sour recently with the recent commits to texas and Alabama that were long assumed to be Ags. There is a difference in being delusional with Kool-Aid about an average team and being excited about a promising future.

BTW, the OP writes smack talk like a 12 year old

PhiI C
01-05-2015, 11:40 AM
A&M did win the College Football National Championship in 1939.

NastySlot
01-05-2015, 11:49 AM
I have never seen a program that goes 11-2 , 9-4, 8-5 and their fans feel so AWESOME finishing 5-6th in their conference and thinking things are looking up...LIKE NCship UP. To me yall are getting worse every year. Strange to me

could be worse...I know of a fan base that is buying into 6-7 (5-4 conf) is an improvement from 8-5 (7-2)the previous year.

BwdLions
01-05-2015, 04:43 PM
could be worse...I know of a fan base that is buying into 6-7 (5-4 conf) is an improvement from 8-5 (7-2)the previous year.

This is about the dumbest post I've seen in a while. If that's the way you're looking at it, there's no use in getting into a discussion about it.

Saggy Aggie
01-05-2015, 06:44 PM
LOL.

Johnny won 11 games on his own. The team overall is much better now and only improving.

Recruiting is getting better and better and that will translate to better performances.

Whats wrong with being optimistic?

oldtownag
01-05-2015, 07:01 PM
2012 Aggies were arguably the best team in College football at the end of the season.
2013 Aggies were a big disappointment in JFF last year.
2014 Aggies were expected to be in a rebuilding year. They finished 8-5 with a good win at Auburn and bowl win vs. Couch Burners.
2015 Aggies will have higher expectations. Less than 10 wins will be disappointing.

Next.

navscanmaster
01-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Eh, horn fans believe all it takes is calling Aggies delusional and inferior and nothing will change. If A&M wins the conference or a Natty, I think their collective heads will explode trying to find a way to minimize it. Here's hoping it happens and soon!

coach
01-06-2015, 10:37 AM
This is about the dumbest post I've seen in a while. If that's the way you're looking at it, there's no use in getting into a discussion about it.

that post wasnt any dumber than the creator of this threa. lol he just came out of left field and made an idiotic statement.

caleb_mccaig
01-06-2015, 12:01 PM
2012 Aggies were arguably the best team in College football at the end of the season.
2013 Aggies were a big disappointment in JFF last year.
2014 Aggies were expected to be in a rebuilding year. They finished 8-5 with a good win at Auburn and bowl win vs. Couch Burners.
2015 Aggies will have higher expectations. Less than 10 wins will be disappointing.

Next.

10 wins won't be easy.

Week 0: Arizona State I think is maybe 50/50, anything can happen in that first game of the year.
Week 1: Ball State- Win
Week 2: Nevada- Win
Week 3: at Arkansas - I'm going with Arkansas because they have A&M at home.
Week 4: Mississippi St. - Win
Week 6: Alabama - loss
Week 7: at Ole Miss - loss
Week 8: South Carolina - Win
Week 9: Auburn - Win
Week 10: Western Carolina - Win
Week 11: at Vandy - Win
Week 12: at LSU - loss

Those are just my opinion, but I don't see A&M with Kyle Allen or Murray winning 10 games.

NastySlot
01-06-2015, 01:01 PM
10 wins won't be easy.

Week 0: Arizona State I think is maybe 50/50, anything can happen in that first game of the year.
Week 1: Ball State- Win
Week 2: Nevada- Win
Week 3: at Arkansas - I'm going with Arkansas because they have A&M at home.
Week 4: Mississippi St. - Win
Week 6: Alabama - loss
Week 7: at Ole Miss - loss
Week 9: Auburn - Win
Week 12: at LSU - loss

Those are just my opinion, but I don't see A&M with Kyle Allen or Murray winning 10 games.

not sure if it will change your pick (Arky is going to be tough next season)...but the Arkansas/A&M game is played in Arlington.

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Without really thinking about it or figuring out what these teams will have next year, here's my prediction:

Week 0: Arizona State - Win
Week 1: Ball State - Win
Week 2: Nevada - Win
Week 3: Arkansas - Loss
Week 4: Mississippi St. - Loss
Week 6: Alabama - Loss
Week 7: at Ole Miss - Win
Week 9: Auburn - Loss
Week 12: at LSU - Win

8-4??

caleb_mccaig
01-06-2015, 02:32 PM
not sure if it will change your pick (Arky is going to be tough next season)...but the Arkansas/A&M game is played in Arlington.

Definitely forgot about that game being played there. I think it will be a good game and will certainly measure just how good A&M is though.

Saggy, are you thinking next year is the one that you guys finally take down LSU? Lol, the Tigers QB play really couldn't be any worse than what it was this year.

Rabid Cougar
01-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Alabama is at Kyle also.

Weebe
01-06-2015, 04:56 PM
8-5 is about what I expected coming into the year considering A&M was breaking in a young QB and lost it's 3 best players on offense. What made the season bad was how A&M lost to Ole Miss and Alabama. Inexcusable to have a team not show up for those games.

That being said, I can see a similar season next year unless Chavis can make a big difference for the defense. I believe there are players there, Snyder just never got anything out of them.

Wonkas_Willy
01-06-2015, 06:19 PM
ATM fans act like they are always relevant and compare themselves to UT... its like an Oiler/Texans fan comparing themselves to COWBOYS ...lol.... LAUGHABLE

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2015, 06:50 PM
Definitely forgot about that game being played there. I think it will be a good game and will certainly measure just how good A&M is though.

Saggy, are you thinking next year is the one that you guys finally take down LSU? Lol, the Tigers QB play really couldn't be any worse than what it was this year.

You didn't need a qb to beat us. All you needed was fournette, your defense and our terrible defense.

I think A&M will be improved and lsu will decline next year. I think tamu finally gets over the lsu hump in 2015.

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2015, 06:52 PM
ATM fans act like they are always relevant and compare themselves to UT... its like an Oiler/Texans fan comparing themselves to COWBOYS ...lol.... LAUGHABLE

And UT fans always act like arrogant assholes.

I guess some people would rather be optimistic about their team than condescending towards everyone else's. To each their own though. :-)

1st and goal
01-06-2015, 08:59 PM
And UT fans always act like arrogant assholes.

I guess some people would rather be optimistic about their team than condescending towards everyone else's. To each their own though. :-)

There you go using big words again. How do you expect him to understand?

Wonkas_Willy
01-07-2015, 01:25 PM
At Least UT fans have a Program that is relevant and has actually WON... UT fans are about winning it ALL not rejoicing over an 11-2 5th place finish in the SEC lol

New Taiton
01-07-2015, 02:21 PM
At Least UT fans have a Program that is relevant and has actually WON... UT fans are about winning it ALL not rejoicing over an 11-2 5th place finish in the SEC lol

I see we have the Delorean fired up - tell Marty and Doc we said hello.

Remind us Willy - how good did Texas used to be?

caleb_mccaig
01-07-2015, 02:51 PM
You didn't need a qb to beat us. All you needed was fournette, your defense and our terrible defense.

I think A&M will be improved and lsu will decline next year. I think tamu finally gets over the lsu hump in 2015.

Just curious, but why do you think LSU declines? Most of the secondary is likely coming back and thats not including Paris or Jamal Adams who played a lot this past year. The O-line it looks like all their losing is La'el Collins and all of the WR's, Fournette, Williams are back as are both qb's. LSU really may not lose many pieces this year, for the first time in a while, that were big time contributors this past year. If they can find even remotely decent QB play, which is somehow impossible over there, I think they will compete for the SEC championship.

Most of the team last year were underclassman, just like A&M.

Rabid Cougar
01-07-2015, 04:36 PM

Cold day in hell before I compare myself to a t-sip.

Rabid Cougar
01-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Just curious, but why do you think LSU declines? Most of the secondary is likely coming back and thats not including Paris or Jamal Adams who played a lot this past year. The O-line it looks like all their losing is La'el Collins and all of the WR's, Fournette, Williams are back as are both qb's. LSU really may not lose many pieces this year, for the first time in a while, that were big time contributors this past year. If they can find even remotely decent QB play, which is somehow impossible over there, I think they will compete for the SEC championship.

Personally, I don't think LSU is on the decline. They will always be a tough opponent. I do think other schools maybe catching up to them and Alabama. At one time or another this past season, all schools but Arkansas were in the Top 10 and the Pigs were the most dangerous team at the end of it. There is more parity in the West than there used to be.

Wonkas_Willy
01-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Just for fun... Why don't you Aggie fans put up yalls over all record, yalls recored vs UT, your Conference titles compared to TEXAS and your NC compared to TEXAS... You wont do it because it isn't even close AND you know it. TEXAS will rebuild and win another NC before yall ever even finish higher then 3rd in the SEC. ATM has never been GREAT and NEVER WILL BE!!!! Mark it down

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2015, 06:39 PM

At least my self worth isn't based on the accomplishments of college football players who succeeded at a university (10 years ago)I never went to. That seems to be the case for several *ahem* t-shirt fans on this board.

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Just for fun... Why don't you Aggie fans put up yalls over all record, yalls recored vs UT, your Conference titles compared to TEXAS and your NC compared to TEXAS... You wont do it because it isn't even close AND you know it. TEXAS will rebuild and win another NC before yall ever even finish higher then 3rd in the SEC. ATM has never been GREAT and NEVER WILL BE!!!! Mark it down
Just for fun, why don't you tell us about your experience at Texas as a student?

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2015, 06:41 PM

I think LSU will decline simply because chavis is gone

Wonkas_Willy
01-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Well, I went to UT so not an issue there but it is funny to me that as soon as somebody brings up a " hey lets compare Programs with facts" the come back is T-shirt fan or you didn't go to this college or that..lol... So, with your logic should only X NFL players/coaches be allowed to be fans of the NFL? SOOOOO again lets compare programs UT and atm . 10 years ago? not quite and remember we shoulda played for it in 08 and we did play for it in 09. When did atm last play for anything?

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2015, 10:31 PM
Well, I went to UT so not an issue there but it is funny to me that as soon as somebody brings up a " hey lets compare Programs with facts" the come back is T-shirt fan or you didn't go to this college or that..lol... So, with your logic should only X NFL players/coaches be allowed to be fans of the NFL? SOOOOO again lets compare programs UT and atm . 10 years ago? not quite and remember we shoulda played for it in 08 and we did play for it in 09. When did atm last play for anything?

Lets hear about your experience as a student.

New Taiton
01-08-2015, 09:53 AM

Series - Texas leads 76-37
Last Meeting - Texas won 27-25
Largest Win - Texas 48-0
Longest Win Streak - Texas 10 games
Texas has more national champioships that Texas A&M
Texas has more conference titles than Texas A&M
Texas has a better overall record than Texas A&M

This doesn't hurt me one iota to say.

Texas was good. That's a fact. So - congrats on being good in years past.

coach
01-08-2015, 10:06 AM

Yall shouldnt have played for it in 08 lol. Yall lost to Tech.

Wonkas_Willy
01-08-2015, 11:02 AM
And OU lost to us but got to go play for the title.... And we lost to Tech at Tech but anyway . Tell me when atm has even been close, even been in the conversation?

coach
01-08-2015, 11:13 AM
And OU lost to us but got to go play for the title.... And we lost to Tech at Tech but anyway . Tell me when atm has even been close, even been in the conversation?

There is a rule. If you lose to Tech in anything you don't deserve a shot at the natty. If atm beats LSU in 2012 they are playing for one. Id say thats pretty close. I am just curious why you even started this thread? What warranted this idiotic tantrum you are on? You are making yourself look like a jackass. Especially since Texas has been mediocre the last 6 years. Hell yall dumped water on your coach for beating Rice!

Saggy Aggie
01-08-2015, 12:25 PM

You and big country ought to tell us all about your experiences as students at Texas

New Taiton
01-08-2015, 02:55 PM
I am just curious why you even started this thread?

Because Texas has no momentum and he wants to feel good. They're in the most unstable conference in all of college football where a former college football doormat and a former mid-major are currently the top dogs. The same conference that has a chicken$hit commissioner that kept them out of the first ever playoffs, which has set a precedent. He knows Texas is graduating a ton of kids and Coach Strong is kicking off the rest and the talent level is going drop substantially.

So, in order to make himself feel better, he starts a thread aimed at a fanbase that "his" team doesn't play anymore and thats in a totally seperate conference in order to remind them how good "his" team used to be. He thinks that we cannot be optimistic because "we haven't ever won anything".

hookandladder
01-08-2015, 07:28 PM
Willy, Good luck with these aggys. They are so proud to be in the sec, 5th,6th and 7th place in their own division. You know the greatest conference in football untill the playoffs kicked in, now they have to actually win it on the field and not just in the media. LMAO

Saggy Aggie
01-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Willy, Good luck with these aggys. They are so proud to be in the sec, 5th,6th and 7th place in their own division. You know the greatest conference in football untill the playoffs kicked in, now they have to actually win it on the field and not just in the media. LMAO

Howd the SEC do compared to the big 12?

hookandladder
01-08-2015, 10:30 PM

No championship by either, Nuff said. Lol

Saggy Aggie
01-08-2015, 11:41 PM
No championship by either, Nuff said. Lol

You didn't answer the question

New Taiton
01-09-2015, 09:40 AM

No - we're just proud to be aggies win, lose, or tie.

He's more than welcome to lob rocks from his glass house, just don't get mad when we throw them back.

coach
01-09-2015, 10:29 AM

Again, he is the one that brought it up out of the blue with no one saying anything about Texas. He started talking all the noise. And don't bring up confrences when your conference won 1 game lol. The SEC won 7...

New Taiton
01-09-2015, 10:33 AM
And don't bring up confrences when your conference won 1 game lol. The SEC won 7...

Is this true? Only one Big 12 team won a bowl game?

hookandladder
01-09-2015, 10:45 AM

Well let's see, most feel the sec west is the real sec and that side went 2-5 with the top 5 teams all getting beat. Big 12 went 2-5 with its best team winning their bowl game against supposedly one of the best sec teams in the west, so personally nothing to brag out from either conference if you ask me but I am sure you can twist it to make you feel better about the sec. Lol .

New Taiton
01-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Well let's see, most feel the sec west is the real sec and that side went 2-5 with the top 5 teams all getting beat. Big 12 went 2-5 with its best team winning their bowl game against supposedly one of the best sec teams in the west, so personally nothing to brag out from either conference if you ask me but I am sure you can twist it to make you feel better about the sec. Lol .

No reason to make us "feel better" about the SEC, especially in comparison to the Big 12.

As I've stated, the Big 12 is the most unstable conference in the country with a commissioner who has questionable integrity. Moreover, the Big 12is the only P5 conference to be left out of the innaugral playoff which is a damning mark on an already shaky platform. As much as you guys want to talk about the past and how good Texas used to be, you sure seem to forget that the SEC, and in particular, the SEC west has been traditionally dominant.

caleb_mccaig
01-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Comparing bowl records isn't a true way to measure a conference IMO. A lot of teams who are playing in the Meineke no one gives a frick bowl probably half ass it, I mean John Chavis was talking to Kevin Sumlin with less than 30 minutes before the LSU game started. The coaches don't even take it seriously.

Rabid Cougar
01-09-2015, 01:11 PM
Comparing bowl records isn't a true way to measure a conference IMO. A lot of teams who are playing in the Meineke no one gives a frick bowl probably half ass it, I mean John Chavis was talking to Kevin Sumlin with less than 30 minutes before the LSU game started. The coaches don't even take it seriously.

How coaches approach bowls depends upon the teams history of bowl participation. UNT playing in the Heart of Dallas Bowl was a VERY BIG DEAL. They hadn't been to a bowl in 9 years. On the other hand, you can see where LSU would be disappointed with anything less than a New Years Day Semi-Final Bowl. I feel that Baylor has been in that category the past two years.

hookandladder
01-09-2015, 01:30 PM
No reason to make us "feel better" about the SEC, especially in comparison to the Big 12.

As I've stated, the Big 12 is the most unstable conference in the country with a commissioner who has questionable integrity. Moreover, the Big 12is the only P5 conference to be left out of the innaugral playoff which is a damning mark on an already shaky platform. As much as you guys want to talk about the past and how good Texas used to be, you sure seem to forget that the SEC, and in particular, the SEC west has been traditionally dominant.

I know as much as it hurts you aggys, it does not matter where and what conference Texas is in the conference will be better off with Texas in it. Texas will be OK no matter what happens to the Big 12, all that matters is winning not just happy to be part of a conference finishing in the bottom. Lol

New Taiton
01-09-2015, 02:13 PM
I know as much as it hurts you aggys, it does not matter where and what conference Texas is in the conference will be better off with Texas in it. Texas will be OK no matter what happens to the Big 12, all that matters is winning not just happy to be part of a conference finishing in the bottom. Lol

Agreed. The reason why the Big 12 is unstable is because Texas and OU aren't the kings of the conference anymore.

It's not so much being happy with being in the SEC but being happy that we're in a stable conference with a clear future.

What does Texas do if the Big 12 folds? PAC or BIG, right? In one instance you play in the tundra and the other you kickoff at 10:30cst. I think we find comfort in knowing that we won't have to guess and in the event we can win some games, we will be in the playoff - something the Big 12 cannot say.

hookandladder
01-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Agreed. The reason why the Big 12 is unstable is because Texas and OU aren't the kings of the conference anymore.

It's not so much being happy with being in the SEC but being happy that we're in a stable conference with a clear future.

What does Texas do if the Big 12 folds? PAC or BIG, right? In one instance you play in the tundra and the other you kickoff at 10:30cst. I think we find comfort in knowing that we won't have to guess and in the event we can win some games, we will be in the playoff - something the Big 12 cannot say.

Again , Texas will be fine no matter what happens to the Big 12. I am betting if Texas ever wanted to join the sec , it would be a no brainier the sec would take Texas in a heartbeat. Longhorn brand is that big, like it or not aggy.Lol

New Taiton
01-09-2015, 02:42 PM
I am betting if Texas ever wanted to join the sec , it would be a no brainier the sec would take Texas in a heartbeat. Longhorn brand is that big, like it or not aggy.Lol

You may have not gone to school there but you sure have the arrogance like you did.

Here's something for you - Texas will not be in the SEC in your lifetime or in mine, like it or not. Lol?

caleb_mccaig
01-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Again , Texas will be fine no matter what happens to the Big 12. I am betting if Texas ever wanted to join the sec , it would be a no brainier the sec would take Texas in a heartbeat. Longhorn brand is that big, like it or not aggy.Lol

The SEC would NEVER take Texas for one reason. The Longhorn Network.

That and the SEC network could not co-exist and the other schools wouldn't let themselves be outgained by a new school. Texas would have everything to gain and the other SEC schools would have everything to lose by adding Texas.

New Taiton
01-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Ok. I'll double down.

Texas will never be in the SEC in any of our lifetimes even if they drop the LHN.

Rabid Cougar
01-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Nor will any new team be added to the Big 12 because it will water down the profits of the "rest" of the schools.

On the other hand, the only school that I can see feasibly being added is BYU but it also has its "own" network. They are going to have to cherry pick another "east of the Mississippi" team from another conference (ACC) to go with West Virginia pretty soon or it will be Colorado and Nebraska all over again.

Rabid Cougar
01-09-2015, 03:39 PM
The SEC would NEVER take Texas for one reason. The Longhorn Network.

That and the SEC network could not co-exist and the other schools wouldn't let themselves be outgained by a new school. Texas would have everything to gain and the other SEC schools would have everything to lose by adding Texas.

SEC will never take Texas because A&M/Arkansas/Missouri will block them. AND because Baylor will sue both Texas and the SEC :)

PhiI C
01-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Nor will any new team be added to the Big 12 because it will water down the profits of the "rest" of the schools.

On the other hand, the only school that I can see feasibly being added is BYU but it also has its "own" network. They are going to have to cherry pick another "east of the Mississippi" team from another conference (ACC) to go with West Virginia pretty soon or it will be Colorado and Nebraska all over again.

I would love to have New Mexico and New Mexico State. And also play Texas Tech in Mexico.

New Taiton
01-09-2015, 03:43 PM
I would love to have New Mexico and New Mexico State. And also play Texas Tech in Mexico.

This sounds miserable....

hookandladder
01-09-2015, 10:31 PM
Bitches, from Steamboat Music Fest. Never say Never, We are Texas. LMAO

1st and goal
01-10-2015, 08:52 PM

At least UT fans have racks full of unsold T-shirts available everywhere you look.

coach
01-12-2015, 11:20 AM
How coaches approach bowls depends upon the teams history of bowl participation. UNT playing in the Heart of Dallas Bowl was a VERY BIG DEAL. They hadn't been to a bowl in 9 years. On the other hand, you can see where LSU would be disappointed with anything less than a New Years Day Semi-Final Bowl. I feel that Baylor has been in that category the past two years.

The past 2 years? They were in a BCS bowl last year. This year they had to prove the country that they should have been in the top 4 but choked. No, Baylor just has been overrated the past two years. Defense is terrible and Art Briles does way too much talking and not enough coaching.

coach
01-12-2015, 11:22 AM

New Mexico State would be a horrible add. Besides there is a good possibilty they drop out of division 1 football.