PDA

View Full Version : Wow Charlie Strong...great job on the recruiting trail!

bigcountry
01-03-2015, 04:38 PM
Yes, not final until signing day, but looking good nonetheless! And after a huge recruiting coup with Jefferson & McNeal, what a past week & weekend of pickups. Where do we start?

Here we go with pickups this past week & the weekend:

1) Anthony Wheeler, LB, Dallas Skyline
4 Star & one of the top linebackers in the state of Texas who shined better than any of the lb's at Under Armour All Star event.

2) DeVante Davis, DB, Miami, FL, Booker T. Washington
4 Star & one of the top DB's in the state of Florida. Good size for DB at 6'2" 188 & is a ball hawk with physical tackling skills.

3) Devonaire Clarington, TE, Miami ,FL, Booker T. Washington
4 Star & one of the top TE's in the state of Florida. Good size frame at 6'5" 224 who runs so well, has played some WR. Solid, strong player.

4) Tim Irvin, DB, Palmetto Bay, FL, Westminster Christian
4 Star & one of the more explosive athletes in the state of Florida. Cousin of none other than Michael Irvin, Dallas Cowboy legend. Is so explosive that he can play a lot of positions, as he played running back, DB, and returned punts & kickoffs. Made a nice 35 yard return today in Army All American game. A baller! Check out his film and you will get a smile on your face....if you're a Horn fan that is.

These pickups have vaulted the Longhorn class into a Top 5 to Top 10 class!! ....depending on what recruiting service you follow. This has been an unreal accomplishment by Charlie Strong & really exhibits his work ethic and his ability to get quality recruits to "buy in" to his football philosophy. Incredible job of recruiting considering the adversity of taking over a tanked program, and a not so good season on the field. And, UT is still in the hunt with several studs including Daylon Mack who visits Texas this month. Man, you have got to think Mack is looking at this incredible recruiting class of defensive players and has to be saying, "I need to be a part of that." By far, one of the best defensive classes at Texas in many a year! And, the offensive recruiting doesn't look shabby either with Zack Gentry, Deandre McNeal, Kirk Johnson, Devonaire Clarington, John Burt (unless he switches to Auburn), a huge lineman class including 4 star Patrick Vahe from Euless Trinity, 4 Star Connor Williams from Coppell, & two huge JUCO lineman, as well as a good shot at 4 star running back Chris Warren.

I don't think any of us Horn followers liked the Texas Bowl showing, but Charlie Strong has got to get his type of player to Austin and slowly build this thing. And what a job he is doing right now to accomplish just that! The momentum is building, get on the train, and enjoy the ride!

http://imageshack.com/a/img842/3692/yjv9.gif

bigcountry
01-03-2015, 04:45 PM
.....make that the nephew of Michael Irvin. Glad to get some Irvin bloodlines making the way to the UT football program. Hook'Em Dang Horns!!!

hookandladder
01-03-2015, 06:38 PM
You got to give Strong credit for this class with the year Texas had, Hookem .

Roughneck93
01-03-2015, 07:03 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDarKMFhhJChigtxe/giphy.gif

Rabid Cougar
01-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Yes, not final until signing day, but looking good nonetheless! And after a huge recruiting coup with Jefferson & McNeal, what a past week & weekend of pickups. Where do we start?

Here we go with pickups this past week & the weekend:

1) Anthony Wheeler, LB, Dallas Skyline
4 Star & one of the top linebackers in the state of Texas who shined better than any of the lb's at Under Armour All Star event.

2) DeVante Davis, DB, Miami, FL, Booker T. Washington
4 Star & one of the top DB's in the state of Florida. Good size for DB at 6'2" 188 & is a ball hawk with physical tackling skills.

3) Devonaire Clarington, TE, Miami ,FL, Booker T. Washington
4 Star & one of the top TE's in the state of Florida. Good size frame at 6'5" 224 who runs so well, has played some WR. Solid, strong player.

4) Tim Irvin, DB, Palmetto Bay, FL, Westminster Christian
4 Star & one of the more explosive athletes in the state of Florida. Cousin of none other than Michael Irvin, Dallas Cowboy legend. Is so explosive that he can play a lot of positions, as he played running back, DB, and returned punts & kickoffs. Made a nice 35 yard return today in Army All American game. A baller! Check out his film and you will get a smile on your face....if you're a Horn fan that is.

These pickups have vaulted the Longhorn class into a Top 5 to Top 10 class!! ....depending on what recruiting service you follow. This has been an unreal accomplishment by Charlie Strong & really exhibits his work ethic and his ability to get quality recruits to "buy in" to his football philosophy. Incredible job of recruiting considering the adversity of taking over a tanked program, and a not so good season on the field. And, UT is still in the hunt with several studs including Daylon Mack who visits Texas this month. Man, you have got to think Mack is looking at this incredible recruiting class of defensive players and has to be saying, "I need to be a part of that." By far, one of the best defensive classes at Texas in many a year! And, the offensive recruiting doesn't look shabby either with Zack Gentry, Deandre McNeal, Kirk Johnson, Devonaire Clarington, John Burt (unless he switches to Auburn), a huge lineman class including 4 star Patrick Vahe from Euless Trinity, 4 Star Connor Williams from Coppell, & two huge JUCO lineman, as well as a good shot at 4 star running back Chris Warren.

I don't think any of us Horn followers liked the Texas Bowl showing, but Charlie Strong has got to get his type of player to Austin and slowly build this thing. And what a job he is doing right now to accomplish just that! The momentum is building, get on the train, and enjoy the ride!

http://imageshack.com/a/img842/3692/yjv9.gif

REALLY? Anyone notice a huge lack of Texas highs school football players on this list. Com' on Man, why the hell do you need to go to Florida to get football players?

And did you also notice Daylon Mack flash the "Gig 'em" at the Under Armor All-America game the other day? He all of a sudden made a career path change when Chavez showed up at ATM. Has a visit set up in January.

bigcountry
01-04-2015, 04:51 PM
REALLY? Anyone notice a huge lack of Texas highs school football players on this list. Com' on Man, why the hell do you need to go to Florida to get football players?

And did you also notice Daylon Mack flash the "Gig 'em" at the Under Armor All-America game the other day? He all of a sudden made a career path change when Chavez showed up at ATM. Has a visit set up in January.

Hahaha! Typical agroid response. Question...do great coaches like Nick Saban & Urban Meyer (final four coaches) recruit nationally? Yes they do. How is that working for em? Sounds like Saban likes it enough to take those national recruits and kick that ag ass 59-0. Ags might want to recruit a bit more nationally with beat downs like that. Just go ahead & try to talk that negative talk, because we will still get our share of Texas talent. Did it turn Wheeler off? Heck no. And after Mack begins to compare ag defensive recruiting with Texas this year, he just might start thinking about getting on board too. By the way, he tweeted today "TCU is currently my leader!" Not ag..sorry. Nobody on the planet knows where Mack is going as he has swayed a lot. Tough decision for the kid. I know one thing, I like our chances after he visits Charlie in A-Town.

Here is something for you to think about....out of 16 official visits by UT prospects, only 1, Kirkland, committed elsewhere. WOW. Get Mack on campus.....I like our chances! Charlie will be a force to reckon with in Texas, Florida, & nationally when it comes to recruiting. Recruits are connecting with him, regardless of where they are from. You don't have to look any further than this year....after a bad season, and a late start on these 2015 kids, wow, look what he has done. It will only get better as he gets settled in at Texas, and can now be on a even playing field with future classes. The future is dang bright in HORN COUNTRY!

hookandladder
01-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Hahaha! Typical agroid response. Question...do great coaches like Nick Saban & Urban Meyer (final four coaches) recruit nationally? Yes they do. How is that working for em? Sounds like Saban likes it enough to take those national recruits and kick that ag ass 59-0. Ags might want to recruit a bit more nationally with beat downs like that. Just go ahead & try to talk that negative talk, because we will still get our share of Texas talent. Did it turn Wheeler off? Heck no. And after Mack begins to compare ag defensive recruiting with Texas this year, he just might start thinking about getting on board too. By the way, he tweeted today "TCU is currently my leader!" Not ag..sorry. Nobody on the planet knows where Mack is going as he has swayed a lot. Tough decision for the kid. I know one thing, I like our chances after he visits Charlie in A-Town.

Here is something for you to think about....out of 16 official visits by UT prospects, only 1, Kirkland, committed elsewhere. WOW. Get Mack on campus.....I like our chances! Charlie will be a force to reckon with in Texas, Florida, & nationally when it comes to recruiting. Recruits are connecting with him, regardless of where they are from. You don't have to look any further than this year....after a bad season, and a late start on these 2015 kids, wow, look what he has done. It will only get better as he gets settled in at Texas, and can now be on a even playing field with future classes. The future is dang bright in HORN COUNTRY!

Hell yea from Vail Ski resort, Hookem Baby. Let's Ride

bigcountry
01-04-2015, 05:09 PM
......and might as well keep this momentum going. Today, Horns pick up another great prospect. The Florida Fab 5 is complete! Horns get commit today from 6'5" receiver Gilbert Johnson. Johnson had decommitted from Georgia, and had offers from LSU, Tennessee, & Louisville to name a few. As quoted from a recruiting source, "he is a dynamic receiver, can stretch the field, creates mismatches in the red zone, athletic background that includes basketball, has serious jumping ability, can track the ball & attacks the football with his hands." Great pickup. I like taller receivers & Johnson fits the bill. Charlie's Florida (a hot bed of great talent) connection paying off for the 2015 class! Get on the train boys, it's about to leave the station! ....and HOOK'EM DANG HORNS!

https://imageshack.com/a/img673/327/FiTiOZ.png

Gilbert Johnson:

http://imgix.scout.com/125/1259295.jpg?w=600&h=360&fit=max

Rabid Cougar
01-04-2015, 10:44 PM
......and might as well keep this momentum going. Today, Horns pick up another great prospect. The Florida Fab 5 is complete! Horns get commit today from 6'5" receiver Gilbert Johnson. Johnson had decommitted from Georgia, and had offers from LSU, Tennessee, & Louisville to name a few. As quoted from a recruiting source, "he is a dynamic receiver, can stretch the field, creates mismatches in the red zone, athletic background that includes basketball, has serious jumping ability, can track the ball & attacks the football with his hands." Great pickup. I like taller receivers & Johnson fits the bill. Charlie's Florida (a hot bed of great talent) connection paying off for the 2015 class! Get on the train boys, it's about to leave the station! ....and HOOK'EM DANG HORNS!

https://imageshack.com/a/img673/327/FiTiOZ.png

Gilbert Johnson:

http://imgix.scout.com/125/1259295.jpg?w=600&h=360&fit=max

Who is going to throw to him?????????????

bigcountry
01-04-2015, 11:03 PM
Who is going to throw to him?????????????

Have you ever heard of two time State Champion QB Jerrod Heard of Denton Guyer who was promised to his parents a redshirt year? If not, tune in next year....you'll know him then. How about the potential backup in this year's recruiting class, 6'7" 235 pound Zach Gentry from Albuquerque who was recently named the New Mexico Gatorade Player of the Year by USA Today? His senior year, Gentry rushed for 1057 yards and 22 scores (not shabby for someone 6'7"!!) & threw for 2978 yards & 26 touchdown passes. If you haven't heard of him, stay tuned the next several years. Again, there are not many weaknesses you are going to find with Charlie Strong's recruiting right now....and just what we are in need of! Hook'Em!

Rabid Cougar
01-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Have you ever heard of two time State Champion QB Jerrod Heard of Denton Guyer who was promised to his parents a redshirt year? If not, tune in next year....you'll know him then. How about the potential backup in this year's recruiting class, 6'7" 235 pound Zach Gentry from Albuquerque who was recently named the New Mexico Gatorade Player of the Year by USA Today? His senior year, Gentry rushed for 1057 yards and 22 scores (not shabby for someone 6'7"!!) & threw for 2978 yards & 26 touchdown passes. If you haven't heard of him, stay tuned the next several years. Again, there are not many weaknesses you are going to find with Charlie Strong's recruiting right now....and just what we are in need of! Hook'Em!

Kid played High School in New Mexico 'nough said.

Rabid Cougar
01-05-2015, 12:56 PM

Here are some hard numbers for you that think kids from Florida make a difference.

Texas Defeats:
Arkansas Players from Florida:9 16 from Texas
TCU Players from Florida:2
K-State Players form Florida: 0 23 from Texas.
Oklahoma Players from Florida: 1 44 from Texas
Baylor Players from Florida: 0
UCLA Players from Florida: 2 9 from Texas
BYU Players from Florida: 3 9 from Texas

A&M Defeats:
Mississippi State 3 from Florida 3 from Texas
Ol Miss 5 from Florida 6 from Texas
Alabama 8 from Florida 5 from Texas
Missouri 10 from Florida 24 from Texas
LSU 5 from Florida 14 from Texas

Not counting TCU and Baylor 153 Texas kids to 53 from Florida

Louisville this year..... 30 from Florida, 23 from Kentucky.

hookandladder
01-05-2015, 01:04 PM
Here are some hard numbers for you that think kids from Florida make a difference.

Texas Defeats:

A&M Defeats:

Maybe it's the coaching, ever thought of that. Lol

New Taiton
01-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Good job Coach Strong.

I hope Coach Strong and staff continues to recruit their tails off in the Sunshine State and bring those boys to Texas.

hookandladder
01-05-2015, 03:19 PM
Good job Coach Strong.

I hope Coach Strong and staff continues to recruit their tails off in the Sunshine State and bring those boys to Texas.

Yes sir, he getting it done. Whatever it takes, Hookem

New Taiton
01-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Is his recruiting in Florida a direct result on losing out on so many Texas kids?

BwdLions
01-05-2015, 04:47 PM
Is his recruiting in Florida a direct result on losing out on so many Texas kids?

It's getting good players from Florida. It makes sense to those of us who follow recruiting. Mack Brown made a mistake by not recruiting outside the state of Texas.

Rabid Cougar
01-05-2015, 05:01 PM
It's getting good players from Florida. It makes sense to those of us who follow recruiting. Mack Brown made a mistake by not recruiting outside the state of Texas.

Last I checked Ricky Williams was from California.

Brown had the pick of the liter of 4 and 5 Star recruits from Texas. The most funding and the best facilties anywhere in the country. No excuse for them to be in NC conversation only three times.

Txbroadcaster
01-05-2015, 05:06 PM

It is because he used to coach at Florida and has in roads there. Nothing wrong with that. Fla State in the 90s lived off recruiting in state AND Texas and it never seemed to hurt them.

hookandladder
01-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Last I checked Ricky Williams was from California.

Brown had the pick of the liter of 4 and 5 Star recruits from Texas. The most funding and the best facilties anywhere in the country. No excuse for them to be in NC conversation only three times.

That would make more since if Mack recruited Ricky Williams, Ricky was already at Texas in Mack's first year. Lol

New Taiton
01-05-2015, 05:09 PM

Why would it make sense to recruit outside of Texas? You think it was a mistake Coach Brown didn't recruit outside of the state? I would call that a blessing.

New Taiton
01-05-2015, 05:12 PM
That would make more since if Mack recruited Ricky Williams, Ricky was already at Texas in Mack's first year. Lol

Woah kemosabe -

Texas had an out of state recruit every class but 2008 in the past eight years, the most notable being Jordan Hicks.

Again - it's a blessing not to have to board a plane and cross time zones to entice kids to your school.

hookandladder
01-05-2015, 05:21 PM
Bottom line Coach Strong recruiting players that fit his system and style of play, does not make a rats ass where they come from. Let's Ride, Hookem

New Taiton
01-05-2015, 05:32 PM
Bottom line Coach Strong recruiting players that fit his system and style of play, does not make a rats ass where they come from. Let's Ride, Hookem

Oh...cool. I think it's great he's in Florida.

Actually, I think the bottom line is is that he lost out on a lot of Texas kids which forced him to extend offers to kids in Florida. How many of those kids are grade risks?

There's a lot of Texas kids with a Texas offer, which goes to prove they fit in his system and his style of play, that are not giving Texas any consideration.

hookandladder
01-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Oh...cool. I think it's great he's in Florida.

Actually, I think the bottom line is is that he lost out on a lot of Texas kids which forced him to extend offers to kids in Florida. How many of those kids are grade risks?

There's a lot of Texas kids with a Texas offer, which goes to prove they fit in his system and his style of play, that are not giving Texas any consideration.

I think Texas is doing pretty well recruiting Texas considering Strongs first year, got some solid recruits and still going Strong. I think if I were you I would be worried more about your team regressing each year in the sec, ATM got a long way to go to ever compete for any championship but if it makes you happy to just talk about Texas I have no problem. Let's Ride, Hookem

Rabid Cougar
01-06-2015, 12:05 PM
I think Texas is doing pretty well recruiting Texas considering Strongs first year, got some solid recruits and still going Strong. I think if I were you I would be worried more about your team regressing each year in the sec, ATM got a long way to go to ever compete for any championship but if it makes you happy to just talk about Texas I have no problem. Let's Ride, Hookem

A&M not regressing, just a fact of life in the SEC. Its a freaking death match every weekend. Witness Ol'Miss and Miss. State. They were world beaters at the beginning of the season and in the first part of Conference and look what happened to them. Arguably the best team in the SEC at the end of the year was Arkansas. I am very glad A&M caught them at the beginning of Conference play instead of at the end.

The whole point of my initial post was that Strong better do in Texas what he has in Florida with High School coaches or he won't be long for the world in Austin.

Rabid Cougar
01-06-2015, 12:09 PM

Oh well I tried. :)

hookandladder
01-06-2015, 12:26 PM
A&M not regressing, just a fact of life in the SEC. Its a freaking death match every weekend. Witness Ol'Miss and Miss. State. They were world beaters at the beginning of the season and in the first part of Conference and look what happened to them. Arguably the best team in the SEC at the end of the year was Arkansas. I am very glad A&M caught them at the beginning of Conference play instead of at the end.

The whole point of my initial post was that Strong better do in Texas what he has in Florida with High School coaches or he won't be long for the world in Austin.

Agree with most everything here however ATM has gone from 5th down the last three years in the west, that to me is regressing. Now that Sumlin has everything to compete in the sec , there should be no more excuses. The same will be expected of Strong after three years, win or you are gone. The coaches life, just the way it is.

New Taiton
01-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Agree with most everything here however ATM has gone from 5th down the last three years in the west, that to me is regressing. Now that Sumlin has everything to compete in the sec , there should be no more excuses. The same will be expected of Strong after three years, win or you are gone. The coaches life, just the way it is.

You're a lot more fun when you post on emotion and out of hatred and rage.

hookandladder
01-06-2015, 03:21 PM
You're a lot more fun when you post on emotion and out of hatred and rage.

Saggy brings out the worst in me, Lol

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Saggy brings out the worst in me, Lol

I do my best

bigcountry
01-06-2015, 07:18 PM

Hey, we go wherever we have to to find great talent. If it's New Mexico, so be it. Brian Urlacher says "hi".

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2015, 07:27 PM

No different than Kyle Allen or Christian Kirk?

1st and goal
01-06-2015, 08:42 PM
It doesn't mean anything one way or the other, but seeing how many FL players played in Louisville tells me it must be Strong's preferred recruiting grounds.

OTOH, if there are only about a couple hundred people that live in New Mexico, it must be a really big deal to be the best from that state in anything...jk

bigcountry
01-06-2015, 08:49 PM

Texas Defeats:

A&M Defeats:

This may be the dumbest post I have ever seen in my life. Again, typical aggy. This selective list you so eloquently put together is supposed to make us think that Florida is not a rich talent pool for high school recruiting? Hahahaha! How laughable. Texas is currently holding in with 5 Florida recruits, & may finish with 6 looks like. So its not like our entire class is made up of Florida kids. What is your point? Get some perspective farm boy. And out of your list, it looks like teams that have higher numbers of Florida kids (ex. Bama with 8 who kicked aggy 59-0, and Arkie with 9 that kicked our tails) aren't hurting by having them. Besides all that, where have you been hiding son when it comes to discussions as to where the top talent comes from by state. Do you read?

Here is an excerpt from an article produced just this past year from Bleacher Report:
Why Florida Is Most Talented State in 2015 College Football Recruiting Class
By Edwin Weathersby (http://bleacherreport.com/users/423409-edwin-weathersby), Analyst May 21, 2014
"California, Texas, Georgia, Ohio, Alabama, and Virginia are all terrific states for college recruiting. However, there's a good reason the most talented state for 2015 is Florida. The Sunshine State is a must-see for any program looking to get top talent. Florida annually produces exceptional players in all shapes and sizes, plus it's a state that is know to put out athletic, fast and quick players. Florida is home to an exceptional amount of 5-star recruits, plus two other prominent recruiting sites have recruits from the Sunshine State ranked No.1 on their respective boards. Also, Florida is the native land of several of the nation's best recruits at key positions......... According to the 247Sports Composite Rankings, there are 34 players in the 2015 class who deserve to be considered 5-star recruits. Texas and California have six 5-star recruits each, while the lovely state of Georgia checks in with five. All three of those states should be proud of their number of 5-star prospects, but Florida has them all beat. The Sunshine State boasts eight 5-star recruits in the 2015 class. It's obvious how talented this state is from top to bottom, folks."

And here is something for you to chew on. Your selective list means nothing. It's all about the championships. At least that is the standard we seek to achieve at UT. Besides, we are the last Texas team to bring a title home. Now A&M is always seemingly satisfied, regardless of the conference, to be settled & happy at the middle to the bottom. Laughable. But, since it's about the championships, here is a chart about where the starters where from for last year's national title game. Huuummmm...if you can read...what state produced the most starters for that title game?

Where are the starters from?

State
FSU
Auburn

Florida

Alabama

Georgia

Maryland

Texas

Louisiana

Mississippi

Colorado

New Jersey

Tennessee

Looks like to me that Florida kids can certainly not hurt when chasing down championships!

And this from a 2013 Athlon Sports article:

Here is the statistical breakdown of exactly where the best high school football players have come from over the last five years:

State
Total

Florida

Texas

California

Georgia

Ohio

Alabama

Pennsylvania

Louisiana

- See more at: http://athlonsports.com/college-football/recruiting-ranking-most-talented-states-country#sthash.QOO38nyL.dpuf

So Rabid, you feel dumb now? Charlie knows what he is doing. From the interest of the agroids on this thread, it really looks like it is causing some apprehension. Texas will always fill it's roster with Texas kids, but looks like cherry picking from Florida certainly won't hurt! Hook'Em Dang Horns!!!!

New Taiton
01-07-2015, 09:37 AM
This may be the dumbest post I have ever seen in my life. Again, typical aggy. This selective list you so eloquently put together is supposed to make us think that Florida is not a rich talent pool for high school recruiting? Hahahaha! How laughable. Texas is currently holding in with 5 Florida recruits, & may finish with 6 looks like. So its not like our entire class is made up of Florida kids. What is your point? Get some perspective farm boy. And out of your list, it looks like teams that have higher numbers of Florida kids (ex. Bama with 8 who kicked aggy 59-0, and Arkie with 9 that kicked our tails) aren't hurting by having them. Besides all that, where have you been hiding son when it comes to discussions as to where the top talent comes from by state. Do you read?

Bigcountry - thanks for becoming my new favorite poster.

Can we all agree that the only reason Coach Strong is taking these kids from Florida is because his first choice Texas athletes told him no?

I'd like to start out on the right foot and want to make sure that you and I see eye to eye on this issue.

Thanks.

hookandladder
01-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Bigcountry - thanks for becoming my new favorite poster.

Can we all agree that the only reason Coach Strong is taking these kids from Florida is because his first choice Texas athletes told him no?

I'd like to start out on the right foot and want to make sure that you and I see eye to eye on this issue.

Thanks.

I thought Malik and McNeal were from Texas , For only being at Texas one year I think Strong is doing fine. Give Strong a couple years with ATM continuely finishing in the bottom of the sec west and winning in the Big 12, the Texas recruits will join the Longhorns. Hookem

New Taiton
01-07-2015, 11:17 AM
I thought Malik and McNeal were from Texas

Your thoughts are correct and they are fantastic pickups.

Your opitmism is refreshing despite reality.

hookandladder
01-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Your thoughts are correct and they are fantastic pickups.

Your opitmism is refreshing despite reality.

Coming from an aggy fan you should know, Reality is a problem for most all aggys. Lol

Snotbubbles
01-07-2015, 03:15 PM
Just curious looking at D1 programs. How many players are on the teams in general, who don't ever play, but--lucky enough to have deep pocket parents to send them to these schools and rent a uni to wear on game day's and helps shag balls, hold blocking dummy's, squirt some water, etc during practices?

Does all D1's have the same number of players ( either via scholarships or rich parents) they can have on a team? Is their a max # to make up the team?

NastySlot
01-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Just curious looking at D1 programs. How many players are on the teams in general, who don't ever play, but--lucky enough to have deep pocket parents to send them to these schools and rent a uni to wear on game day's and helps shag balls, hold blocking dummy's, squirt some water, etc during practices?

Does all D1's have the same number of players ( either via scholarships or rich parents) they can have on a team? Is their a max # to make up the team?

not sure what the team roster number is but 85 can be on scholarship.

NastySlot
01-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Reality is a problem for most on this board Lol
fify

New Taiton
01-07-2015, 03:47 PM

There's 100,000 kids that go to Texas or A&M of which, I would estimate, 0.01% are on some type of athletic scholarship. Thus, saying that a student at a public university is the function of deep pocket parents is a farce.

The kids on the practice squad are typically all-district type kids that are too slow or too small to play in whatever conference their school is in. But, these kids are in school based on their academic merit. I would imagine there is just as many non-scholarship players as there are scholarship players that put on pads each year for any given university, most probably never get their name printed on the roster.

The kids shagging balls or uniform guys or water boys are just kids that love the game or the atmosphere or the commraderie of a team. I once interviewed a kid who was an equipment manager at A&M. He said the hours sucked but he had the latest and greatest addidas gear, access to Bright, etc.

hookandladder
01-07-2015, 03:51 PM

Did not know school tution cost more to walk on a team in college, pretty sure the cost is the same. The French benefits for playing a sport in college can be very nice, free tickets and if you get to go to a bowl game it is very rewarding gifts wise. Yes it does take a lot of free time away but the good normally out weighs the bad , to each his own. I know as a parent of a walk on , it has been an amazing year and looking forward to the next 3 years. Hookem

Rabid Cougar
01-07-2015, 05:09 PM

Here is an excerpt from an article produced just this past year from Bleacher Report:
Why Florida Is Most Talented State in 2015 College Football Recruiting Class
By Edwin Weathersby (http://bleacherreport.com/users/423409-edwin-weathersby), Analyst May 21, 2014
"California, Texas, Georgia, Ohio, Alabama, and Virginia are all terrific states for college recruiting. However, there's a good reason the most talented state for 2015 is Florida. The Sunshine State is a must-see for any program looking to get top talent. Florida annually produces exceptional players in all shapes and sizes, plus it's a state that is know to put out athletic, fast and quick players. Florida is home to an exceptional amount of 5-star recruits, plus two other prominent recruiting sites have recruits from the Sunshine State ranked No.1 on their respective boards. Also, Florida is the native land of several of the nation's best recruits at key positions......... According to the 247Sports Composite Rankings, there are 34 players in the 2015 class who deserve to be considered 5-star recruits. Texas and California have six 5-star recruits each, while the lovely state of Georgia checks in with five. All three of those states should be proud of their number of 5-star prospects, but Florida has them all beat. The Sunshine State boasts eight 5-star recruits in the 2015 class. It's obvious how talented this state is from top to bottom, folks."

And here is something for you to chew on. Your selective list means nothing. It's all about the championships. At least that is the standard we seek to achieve at UT. Besides, we are the last Texas team to bring a title home. Now A&M is always seemingly satisfied, regardless of the conference, to be settled & happy at the middle to the bottom. Laughable. But, since it's about the championships, here is a chart about where the starters where from for last year's national title game. Huuummmm...if you can read...what state produced the most starters for that title game?

Where are the starters from?

State
FSU
Auburn

Florida

Alabama

Georgia

Maryland

Texas

Louisiana

Mississippi

Colorado

New Jersey

Tennessee

Looks like to me that Florida kids can certainly not hurt when chasing down championships!

And this from a 2013 Athlon Sports article:

Here is the statistical breakdown of exactly where the best high school football players have come from over the last five years:

State
Total

Florida

Texas

California

Georgia

Ohio

Alabama

Pennsylvania

Louisiana

- See more at: http://athlonsports.com/college-football/recruiting-ranking-most-talented-states-country#sthash.QOO38nyL.dpuf

So Rabid, you feel dumb now? Charlie knows what he is doing. From the interest of the agroids on this thread, it really looks like it is causing some apprehension. Texas will always fill it's roster with Texas kids, but looks like cherry picking from Florida certainly won't hurt! Hook'Em Dang Horns!!!!

I ain't your GD "SON". You freaking people cannot go anywhere on any conversation without the **** name calling and getting personal about.

WHERE IN MY POST DID I SAY FLORIDA WAS NOT TALENT RICH STATE???? Point it out!!!! WHERE DID I SAY THAT CALIFORNIA WAS NOT A TALENT RICH STATE?? NEVER DID! I capitalized it so you can see it better.

THE POINT, that is not on your head, is that all the teams that were pointed out do not need to go to FLORIDA to make their teams successful. There are teams like Louisville who have to go there because Ohio and Kentucky do not produce the talent necessary for the desired results. Look at OHIO STATE and EVERY OTHER East Coast FBS school.

TEXAS HAS THE HIGH SCHOOL TALENT LEVEL NOT ONLY TO SUSTAIN its 13 FBS schools but nearly every other FBS school in the Surrounding States!!!! The SAME for Florida!

You can take your "SON" and "farm boy" and shove up your T-shirt fan Big Country A$$!

New Taiton
01-07-2015, 05:17 PM
T-shirt fan

Don't take that bigcountry.

Tell him about all the classes you took on the 40 acres.....

Rabid Cougar
01-07-2015, 05:26 PM

A lot of schools have " athletic standards" that have to be met to remain on the team and actually suit up. You cannot be 6' 165 lbs and run a 5.4 and expect them to say "Sure here is your Helmet"
They actually hold try outs. If you have what they like and they like what they see, you get to stay and prove yourself. But yes there are also those that have "connections".

This is from an SEC compliance document that came up on a Google search

The home team may dress 95 student-athletes in uniform, but only 80 may participate. The 15 nonparticipants shall dress out at no additional cost to the institution. (Student-athletes shall not receive pre-game meals, overnight lodging or additional game tickets. They may receive post game meals provided it is served at the stadium. No cash stipend is provided for post-game meals away from the stadium.) Teams may dress 70 on away games.

caleb_mccaig
01-07-2015, 06:01 PM
A lot of schools have " athletic standards" that have to be met to remain on the team and actually suit up. You cannot be 6' 165 lbs and run a 5.4 and expect them to say "Sure here is your Helmet"
They actually hold try outs. If you have what they like and they like what they see, you get to stay and prove yourself. But yes there are also those that have "connections".

The home team may dress 95 student-athletes in uniform, but only 80 may participate. The 15 nonparticipants shall dress out at no additional cost to the institution. (Student-athletes shall not receive pre-game meals, overnight lodging or additional game tickets. They may receive post game meals provided it is served at the stadium. No cash stipend is provided for post-game meals away from the stadium.) Teams may dress 70 on away games.

Two of my good friends at Baylor were walk ons and both made the team, but their parents single handedly funded a certain building on campus (I won't name which one) and I'm assuming that's why they were on the team. Neither was an athletic freak or recruited by any schools while they were in high school and never dressed in pads for a game. Personally, I don't have a problem with this, if you have the money and with that money you can give back to your alma mater and maybe make things easier for your kids while doing it, why wouldn't you? I feel that most parents would do the same if given the opportunity.

Snotbubbles
01-07-2015, 06:10 PM

Damn, bet they have to furnish their own knives and forks. It's not easy carrying a clip board, or retrieving the tee after PAT's. Feed them, geez. Good info RC. I was just curious how some of these kid's got out there and never play a single down in their career. You'd think these schools could at least turn the 5th string holder, 4th string deep snapper into something usable on special teams. All the athletes out there, get something usable, from those wearing the uni, seems only right.

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2015, 06:34 PM
This is getting fun

bigcountry
01-07-2015, 10:47 PM
I ain't your GD "SON". You freaking people cannot go anywhere on any conversation without the **** name calling and getting personal about.

WHERE IN MY POST DID I SAY FLORIDA WAS NOT TALENT RICH STATE???? Point it out!!!! WHERE DID I SAY THAT CALIFORNIA WAS NOT A TALENT RICH STATE?? NEVER DID! I capitalized it so you can see it better.

THE POINT, that is not on your head, is that all the teams that were pointed out do not need to go to FLORIDA to make their teams successful. There are teams like Louisville who have to go there because Ohio and Kentucky do not produce the talent necessary for the desired results. Look at OHIO STATE and EVERY OTHER East Coast FBS school.

TEXAS HAS THE HIGH SCHOOL TALENT LEVEL NOT ONLY TO SUSTAIN its 13 FBS schools but nearly every other FBS school in the Surrounding States!!!! The SAME for Florida!

You can take your "SON" and "farm boy" and shove up your T-shirt fan Big Country A$$!

No T-shirt fan here....graduate from UT, and glad I am, as it seems to be the one school that really rubs agroids the wrong way. Glad we can.....and over time, the rest of the SEC, as they see your absurdity, will do the same. And, you can take your pen*s envy, aggy BS comments on a UT related post and shove it up your Rabid Raccoon A$$!!! Boy....you're really dense SON!

Let me explain this to you DENSE one. There is a point now, with so much recruiting from all conferences across the nation in the state of Texas, you do run out of 4 & 5 star talent at certain positions. So, if you can go out of state to get em, why not?!! Heck, we wouldn't have had a Heisman Trophy winner in Ricky Williams if we had followed your dummy plan. The talent pool at those 4 & 5 star levels in Texas can only sustain so long before being depleted, and it is a great idea to poach from other states to find this talent. Out of state schools certainly don't mind coming into Texas & taking our talent. Why should we mind going out of state and poaching from them?

Again, I never said the foundation of our recruiting would not come from Texas! Of course it will! We will always have more Texas kids on our roster than any other, and by a sizable margin! And, just because some pissed off agroid thinks its a bad idea to take a small number of Florida recruits, well.....it doesn't mean it is!! I know why your pissed.....Texas is doing it, and it WILL make Texas better on the football field for doing so. Of course that upsets an agroid like yourself, especially coming off a head to head recruiting loss with Jefferson & McNeal.

And let me give you a suggestion, if you're going to throw a gasket, keep your ass off the UT related posts! How about that?! What a joke. This message board is not one I frequent much, maybe once or twice a month, and I see why. Just too much stupidity from the likes of you. And if there is one thing I know, arguing with an agroid is like arguing with a stump, too thick headed & dense, and so full of envy to the point that they never shut up, and most of the stuff they are spewing is sheep crap. Going to rest from this joint for awhile....not worth it.

76-37-5!!!!! 27-25!!!!

hookandladder
01-07-2015, 11:24 PM

RC , teams go wherever they need to get the players they need . Not really sure why ATM and LSU fans are so concerned where Strong is recruiting players . Who gives a rats ass where players are from, just win. Hookem

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2015, 11:49 PM
No T-shirt fan here....graduate from UT, and glad I am, as it seems to be the one school that really rubs agroids the wrong way. Glad we can.....and over time, the rest of the SEC, as they see your absurdity, will do the same. And, you can take your pen*s envy, aggy BS comments on a UT related post and shove it up your Rabid Raccoon A$$!!! Boy....you're really dense SON!

Let me explain this to you DENSE one. There is a point now, with so much recruiting from all conferences across the nation in the state of Texas, you do run out of 4 & 5 star talent at certain positions. So, if you can go out of state to get em, why not?!! Heck, we wouldn't have had a Heisman Trophy winner in Ricky Williams if we had followed your dummy plan. The talent pool at those 4 & 5 star levels in Texas can only sustain so long before being depleted, and it is a great idea to poach from other states to find this talent. Out of state schools certainly don't mind coming into Texas & taking our talent. Why should we mind going out of state and poaching from them?

Again, I never said the foundation of our recruiting would not come from Texas! Of course it will! We will always have more Texas kids on our roster than any other, and by a sizable margin! And, just because some pissed off agroid thinks its a bad idea to take a small number of Florida recruits, well.....it doesn't mean it is!! I know why your pissed.....Texas is doing it, and it WILL make Texas better on the football field for doing so. Of course that upsets an agroid like yourself, especially coming off a head to head recruiting loss with Jefferson & McNeal.

And let me give you a suggestion, if you're going to throw a gasket, keep your ass off the UT related posts! How about that?! What a joke. This message board is not one I frequent much, maybe once or twice a month, and I see why. Just too much stupidity from the likes of you. And if there is one thing I know, arguing with an agroid is like arguing with a stump, too thick headed & dense, and so full of envy to the point that they never shut up, and most of the stuff they are spewing is sheep crap. Going to rest from this joint for awhile....not worth it.

76-37-5!!!!! 27-25!!!!

At least you can spell and put together a coherent thought. Not many 'Longhorns' can do that. I applaud you

New Taiton
01-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Not really sure why ATM and LSU fans are so concerned where Strong is recruiting players .

It's evident because it's a stark contrast from years gone by. It used to be that Texas cherry picked the state and everyone else maybe stole one or two from Texas. Now, Texas can't get anybody and they're stealing one or two from other teams.

hookandladder
01-08-2015, 10:49 AM
It's evident because it's a stark contrast from years gone by. It used to be that Texas cherry picked the state and everyone else maybe stole one or two from Texas. Now, Texas can't get anybody and they're stealing one or two from other teams.

As long as you put a winning team on the field it does not really matter, also other states are producing better college ready players then years ago. Texas still has the best HS coaches and play the best ball because of it, other states have the athletes but are just not coached up as well.Where Texas finds it's players that it needs to fill their recruiting means nothing, it may be good for you aggys to talk about but all that matters is winning and as soon as you starting winning championships they will all come. Hookem

New Taiton
01-20-2015, 09:40 AM
Bad week for Coach Strong last week.

Tim Irvin - gone
John Burt - gone
Louis Brown - gone (decommits on his official visit - lol)
Ronnie Major - won't get in because of grades
Devante Davis - will visit Auburn (Tim Irvin is his host - will be......gone)
Devonaire Clarington - grade risk

and last but not least to round out a crappy week -

Louisville is being sued by a former player who was beat in Coach Strong's lockeroom and the trial begins today. As a result of this beating, he sustained an eye injury that does not allow him to play football anymore. The player accuses Coach Strong of not fulfilling scholarship promises (core value: honesty). Whatever the outcome, Coach Strong will be testafying in this case and will put a total damper on the end of a wild recruiting season.

Spin away...

New Taiton
01-20-2015, 09:47 AM
In other news, Charles Omenihu is scheduled to have another recommitment ceremony to Texas prior to NSD as he feels some of the spotlight has strayed from him in recent weeks.

Macarthur
01-20-2015, 09:59 AM
I've readbthat the wheeler kid from Dallas is very much a long shot to make it in also.

NastySlot
01-20-2015, 01:01 PM

Louisville is being sued by a former player who was beat in Coach Strong's lockeroom and the trial begins today. As a result of this beating, he sustained an eye injury that does not allow him to play football anymore. The player accuses Coach Strong of not fulfilling scholarship promises (core value: honesty). Whatever the outcome, Coach Strong will be testafying in this case and will put a total damper on the end of a wild recruiting season.

Spin away...

Must of happen before the implementation of Strongs "Core Values"

http://www.wdrb.com/story/20440048/lawsuit-u-of-l-football-player-says-he-was-asked-to-cover-up-attack

Saggy Aggie
01-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Hmmmm.......

BwdLion73
01-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Better check out the Brownwood Examiner.com ... looks like UT is losing their QB to Howard Payne U. :D;):D

hookandladder
01-20-2015, 02:56 PM
Good to see all you aggys are concerned, I am hearing great things out of atm as well. Maybe with the new DC you guys might finish higher than 5th in your division, Lol. Hookem.

YTBulldogs
01-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Better check out the Brownwood Examiner.com ... looks like UT is losing their QB to Howard Payne U. :D;):D

Poor Howard Payne. They drew the short straw I guess.

hookandladder
01-20-2015, 03:16 PM

Tim Irvin - gone
John Burt - gone
Louis Brown - gone (decommits on his official visit - lol)
Ronnie Major - won't get in because of grades
Devante Davis - will visit Auburn (Tim Irvin is his host - will be......gone)
Devonaire Clarington - grade risk

and last but not least to round out a crappy week -

Spin away...

O no this is so bad, how will Texas ever compete without these players. I am sure Strong is shaking in his boots, LMAO.

New Taiton
01-20-2015, 03:24 PM
O no this is so bad, how will Texas ever compete without these players. I am sure Strong is shaking in his boots, LMAO.

There's that spin we were hoping for.

Lol.

New Taiton
01-20-2015, 03:45 PM
how will Texas ever compete without these players

I initially laughed at your sarcasm, but, this is a great and valid question.

Texas has whiffed on everyone but Malik and Deandre, they're graduating tons of defensive talent, they're transferring OL with no OT committed that doesn't have grade problems, and they've pinned their hope on a redshirt freshman QB. They had limited talent on the offense (outside of the RB's) and aren't bringing in anyone elite to fill the gaps.

Do you know the answer to how they'll compete or are we going to get your entitled speil about how "we're Texas" and we'll always be good, blah blah blah?

Macarthur
01-20-2015, 04:06 PM
I initially laughed at your sarcasm, but, this is a great and valid question.

Texas has whiffed on everyone but Malik and Deandre, they're graduating tons of defensive talent, they're transferring OL with no OT committed that doesn't have grade problems, and they've pinned their hope on a redshirt freshman QB. They had limited talent on the offense (outside of the RB's) and aren't bringing in anyone elite to fill the gaps.

Do you know the answer to how they'll compete or are we going to get your entitled speil about how "we're Texas" and we'll always be good, blah blah blah?

I said something similar earlier.

They are losing some nfl caliber talent on that defense and the recruiting the last couple of years hasn't been that good.

They are already offensively challenged. They almost have to have a miraculous turnaround at QB.

I seriously could see a major letdown next year unless they get a huge lift from the QB position. TCU brings back everyone. Baylor just needs to find another QB to plug in and briles doesn't have much trouble w that.
I think UT is again looking at 3rd or 4th at best. And if they have another meltdown at QB, I don't think the defensive talent will be here to keep their head above water. It could seriously be a 4 or 5 win season.

hookandladder
01-20-2015, 04:42 PM
It's OK , Texas will survive even with the terrible recruiting class. LMAO at little brother so worried about the Horns, even more amazing that your aggys have done nothing in your three years in the sec. I guess you guys will be shooting for last place next year, just improving from last year. Lol

New Taiton
01-20-2015, 05:15 PM
Lol. Dumbest post of the day nominee.

It's OK , Texas will survive even with the terrible recruiting class.

Of course you'll survive. They're not going to shut the program down.

LMAO at little brother so worried about the Horns,

Lol. Most ironic post of the day. Remember your ramblings from the John Manziel era? Lol.

even more amazing that your aggys have done nothing in your three years in the sec

As far as Texas is concerned, we were going to get pummeled anyway. Instead, we have totally changed the landscape in Texas by making Texas the arguably the third most desirable school in the state behind us and Baylor.

I guess you guys will be shooting for last place next year, just improving from last year. Lol

Yes. We will improve our position from this year by being worse next year. That makes all the sense in the world.

Lol at your nonsense.

New Taiton
01-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Why post that weak smack instead of answering the question as to how Texas will compete?

hookandladder
01-20-2015, 06:21 PM
Good to see you finally realize your aggys suck year in and year out, middle of the pack Big 12 and now the bottom of the sec. LMAO

Saggy Aggie
01-20-2015, 06:55 PM
Why post that weak smack instead of answering the question as to how Texas will compete?

LOL you oughta know by now that hook never has anything intelligent to say. At least bigcountry tried

hookandladder
01-20-2015, 08:17 PM
It is truly amazing that saggy and nt can talk some much **** about Texas and their school ATM has never won ****, just goes to show how freaking ignorant you two really are. Keep on talking **** because your team sucks now and forever, LMAO.

Saggy Aggie
01-20-2015, 11:43 PM
It is truly amazing that saggy and nt can talk some much **** about Texas and their school ATM has never won ****, just goes to show how freaking ignorant you two really are. Keep on talking **** because your team sucks now and forever, LMAO.

still waiting for hook to say something intelligent

Lion70
01-21-2015, 03:22 AM

dude your team won one NC since 1969. Yall haven't exactly won a lot. 6-7 and got embarrassed by Arkansas and your talking crap. Wow bravo you are delusional.

Lion70
01-21-2015, 03:24 AM

Bet we see a big 12 National title or kansas vs wake forest national title before that happens.

Macarthur
01-21-2015, 08:51 AM

He has no interest in actually discussing football.

New Taiton
01-21-2015, 09:33 AM

Hook - where did you go to school?

New Taiton
01-21-2015, 09:41 AM
just goes to show how freaking ignorant you two really are.

Hook - in your most objective view possible, which school do you feel has the brighter future?

There's two relevant questions in two consecutive posts - I'd love for you to answer each honestly.

Thanks.

msu97
01-21-2015, 01:26 PM
the tshirt argument is the dumbest and weakest argument ever... ever...
we should not be watching any professional sports since we never played for such team...
what about high school kids? elementary kids? people from over seas?
I went to Midwestern but my daughter attends Sam Houston... so what now?

the real point being... the recruiting Mack did was considered some of the best while he was there... but he won 1 NC, and played in another... and then lost his job... so his way did not work too well... Strong has a different approach... only time will tell if it works...

funny how some of you made fun of all the stars a few years ago are now living and dying by it... Briles and Patterson have made a living a built great programs getting 3-4 star players...

and as a Manvel coach stated earlier this year... all the stars by your name means is you look good in shirt and shorts and attended a camp... play on the field is all that matters...

Parity has been a great thing in College Football

Macarthur
01-21-2015, 01:50 PM
we should not be watching any professional sports since we never played for such team...

the real point being... the recruiting Mack did was considered some of the best while he was there... but he won 1 NC, and played in another... and then lost his job... so his way did not work too well... Strong has a different approach... only time will tell if it works...

funny how some of you made fun of all the stars a few years ago are now living and dying by it... Briles and Patterson have made a living a built great programs getting 3-4 star players...

and as a Manvel coach stated earlier this year... all the stars by your name means is you look good in shirt and shorts and attended a camp... play on the field is all that matters...

Parity has been a great thing in College Football

I'm a huge Patterson fan so you will get no argument from me about that. And certainly there have been many low ranked kids that have gone on to much success.

However, there is plenty of data out there that shows that there is a direct correlation between how teams are ranked at the end of a season and their recruiting rankings. In other words, generally speaking, the best teams are the best because they get the best players.

I know we all like to diss the recruiting ranking services but they do get it right more often than not.

msu97
01-21-2015, 01:54 PM
not disagreeing... i was just aggravated with the where did you go to school... i guess that means when the SEC schools chant SEC at the end... they really do not need to do that since they only go to one SEC school...

rankings and stars are like draft predictions... it is a crap shoot... but sometimes the measurables are what matters...

Matthews was a walk on at USC... they all hit and miss

New Taiton
01-21-2015, 02:35 PM

I'd like to know where he went to school so I can lob grenades at his alma mater just like he does to mine. It's nauseating to listen to nonsense from a bunch of guys that couldn't find DKR without their GPS. It's even more nauseating to listen to them bash Texas A&M while they hide behind the burnt orange skirt as they can't do it carrying their own school's flag.

Nobody made fun of stars a few years ago. Everyone can make a living with 3* players, but you can't win championships.

No team has ever won a MNC coaching up a bunch of three stars. Moreover, no team won the MNC in the BCS era that didn't have a top 10 recruiting class +/- 4 years from their MNC (Florida had the worst rakend at #7). Ohio State have something like 60 four and five stars on their roster this year.

New Taiton
01-21-2015, 02:36 PM

not disagreeing... i was just aggravated with the where did you go to school... i guess that means when the SEC schools chant SEC at the end... they really do not need to do that since they only go to one SEC school...

You're full of terrible analogies today....

i was just aggravated with the where did you go to school

Lol. Sorry not sorry.

Rabid Cougar
01-21-2015, 03:27 PM
I don't chant SEC. I detested the arogance before and I still do now. I dislike any and all other SEC teams and will route against them even if they play Texas and Nortre Dame.... Well maybe not Notre Dame. However, I did chant SWC Champions two years in a row, Wore my Senior Boots, Threw Cotton in the air, Invented the 12th Man Towel, Played against Bo Jackson and had Oranges thrown at me at Memorial Stadium , if you were a true long lived UT fan you would know why ....... But I digress.

TCU will win a National Championship before either A&M or UT and they will do it with fewer 4* and 5*s.

By the way Russell Wilson was a Rivals 2* prospect in high school. http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Russell-Wilson-45472

Discuss.

New Taiton
01-21-2015, 03:55 PM
By the way Russell Wilson was a Rivals 2* prospect in high school.

Irrelevant as I don't care about success at the pro level and Russell Wilson was not spectacular in college. I want former A&M athletes to succeed, but I couldn't care less if they decide to play in the NFL or go sell insurance. Besides, there are a bunch of recruiting nobodies that play(ed) in the NFL. My statement still stands that recruiting rankings have a direct correlation on post season success.

TCU will win a National Championship before either A&M or UT and they will do it with fewer 4* and 5*s.

We'll see. They're conference can't get into the playoffs, and after this year's snub, the precedent has been set. I'd be willing to wager that you're wrong though I admit they have a good chance.

msu97
01-21-2015, 05:00 PM
Ed Reed was a 1 star

Reggie Wayne was either a 2 or a 1....

it is a hit or miss... but if you do not attend one of rivals camps you will not be a 4 or 5 star...

coaching has everything to do with college success... stars are what "tshirts" do to pass time...

we will have plenty of coaches that will state, well if this kid were 2 inches taller, or a little heavier... measurables...

too many are not worried on whether or not the kid can play football...

caleb_mccaig
01-21-2015, 05:21 PM
Ed Reed was a 1 star

it is a hit or miss... but if you do not attend one of rivals camps you will not be a 4 or 5 star...

coaching has everything to do with college success... stars are what "tshirts" do to pass time...

we will have plenty of coaches that will state, well if this kid were 2 inches taller, or a little heavier... measurables...

I disagree, it's a proven fact that 5* star recruits usually have better careers than others and eventually make it to the NFL. Since 2002, 262 5* recruits have been named by rivals and 116 have been drafted, or 44.3%. 42 of those 5*'s were drafted in the first round, or 16%. The percentage of those drafted is higher than other recruiting caliber. I'm not saying there aren't guys who are overlooked, but 4-5* recruits usually fare better than the others.

hookandladder
01-22-2015, 07:33 AM
I'd like to know where he went to school so I can lob grenades at his alma mater just like he does to mine. It's nauseating to listen to nonsense from a bunch of guys that couldn't find DKR without their GPS. It's even more nauseating to listen to them bash Texas A&M while they hide behind the burnt orange skirt as they can't do it carrying their own school's flag.

Nobody made fun of stars a few years ago. Everyone can make a living with 3* players, but you can't win championships.

No team has ever won a MNC coaching up a bunch of three stars. Moreover, no team won the MNC in the BCS era that didn't have a top 10 recruiting class +/- 4 years from their MNC (Florida had the worst rakend at #7). Ohio State have something like 60 four and five stars on their roster this year.

NT - I anit hiding nowhere and if you do not know who I am and where I live then you are not very smart. I played baseball at SWT, my money and my son go to Texas so I can talk all I want about Texas sports. I will also tell you if you are going to talk **** about Texas football and Coach Strong on this board then get ready for me talk **** about your school, Also atm sucks. Hookem.

New Taiton
01-22-2015, 09:40 AM
NT - I anit hiding nowhere and if you do not know who I am and where I live then you are not very smart. I played baseball at SWT, my money and my son go to Texas so I can talk all I want about Texas sports. I will also tell you if you are going to talk **** about Texas football and Coach Strong on this board then get ready for me talk **** about your school, Also atm sucks. Hookem.

Thanks. About what I thought.

And I'd argue that I don't talk **** about Texas or Coach Strong. I think I post facts and you get all flustered and reply like a 15 year old child.

Would you be as obnoxious about Tech if your son went there? Tell the truth - you've loved the longhorns long before your son enrolled....

New Taiton
01-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Ed Reed was a 1 star

Now that you've downplayed the star system - what team has won a NC with a bunch of coached up choir boys? What team has won without a heavy 4* and 5* roster?

hookandladder
01-22-2015, 11:37 AM
Thanks. About what I thought.

And I'd argue that I don't talk **** about Texas or Coach Strong. I think I post facts and you get all flustered and reply like a 15 year old child.

Would you be as obnoxious about Tech if your son went there? Tell the truth - you've loved the longhorns long before your son enrolled....

You are such a tool, Lol.

Saggy Aggie
01-22-2015, 01:36 PM
You are such a tool, Lol.

Lol, hook tried to be intelligent but it didn't work. Back to same ole hook

hookandladder
01-22-2015, 01:42 PM
Lol, hook tried to be intelligent but it didn't work. Back to same ole hook

Tool-2

msu97
01-23-2015, 11:38 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2015/1/21/7861989/super-bowl-2015-patriots-seahawks-high-school-recruiting-ratings

here you go

New Taiton
01-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Again - that is irrelevant.

My stance is that you cannot win a national championship in college football without a heavily studded 4 and 5 star recruits.

I agree with you that there a lot of kids that make the NFL that were not highly recruited.

caleb_mccaig
01-23-2015, 01:49 PM
Again - that is irrelevant.

My stance is that you cannot win a national championship in college football without a heavily studded 4 and 5 star recruits.

I agree with you that there a lot of kids that make the NFL that were not highly recruited.

Totally agree. Oregon is an example of a team who doesn't get a lot of 4-5* kids and all they've done is NEVER win a National Championship.

New Taiton
01-23-2015, 03:12 PM
Totally agree. Oregon is an example of a team who doesn't get a lot of 4-5* kids and all they've done is NEVER win a National Championship.

Zero national championships since 1894.

PhiI C
01-24-2015, 10:17 PM

True that. But lately they've been playing in them while most teams except one are watching them play in the NC game.

caleb_mccaig
01-27-2015, 01:12 AM
True that. But lately they've been playing in them while most teams except one are watching them play in the NC game.

I bet a lot of people were saying the same thing about the University of Texas in 2009-2010. Things can fall apart really quickly in college football, especially when you're main weapon is a certain type of offense. DC's will eventually adjust and will be able to slow down the spread offense, no matter which team runs it. You saw it first hand in the Natty, if you dominate the line of scrimmage those teams will not have much success.

PhiI C
01-27-2015, 11:25 AM
I bet a lot of people were saying the same thing about the University of Texas in 2009-2010. Things can fall apart really quickly in college football, especially when you're main weapon is a certain type of offense. DC's will eventually adjust and will be able to slow down the spread offense, no matter which team runs it. You saw it first hand in the Natty, if you dominate the line of scrimmage those teams will not have much success.

Caleb what worries me is that Texas HS football as we know is soon to change and not always for the better. College football is probably going to do the same. What do you think?

caleb_mccaig
01-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Caleb what worries me is that Texas HS football as we know is soon to change and not always for the better. College football is probably going to do the same. What do you think?

Well it certainly is always an ongoing and changing thing, whether it's on the field or being done by people in suits. I don't know if this is what you're really talking about, but am I worried about football, the sport that we all know and love, still existing in 25 years? Just a bit........

New Taiton
01-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Hill and Boyd are good pick ups.

caleb_mccaig
01-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Hill is a longhorn.

Roughneck93
01-30-2015, 02:36 PM
Hookem!!!

hookandladder
01-30-2015, 02:39 PM
Nice to get both, Hookem.

Roughneck93
01-30-2015, 02:55 PM
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/trueblue74/295D8263-6019-4B4B-B988-86C92CC265EE.png.jpeg (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/trueblue74/media/295D8263-6019-4B4B-B988-86C92CC265EE.png.jpeg.html)

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/trueblue74/F2623CC6-1FBE-4924-A925-314E5CA972BE.png_1.jpeg (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/trueblue74/media/F2623CC6-1FBE-4924-A925-314E5CA972BE.png_1.jpeg.html)

hookandladder
01-30-2015, 03:09 PM
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/trueblue74/295D8263-6019-4B4B-B988-86C92CC265EE.png.jpeg (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/trueblue74/media/295D8263-6019-4B4B-B988-86C92CC265EE.png.jpeg.html)

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/trueblue74/F2623CC6-1FBE-4924-A925-314E5CA972BE.png_1.jpeg (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/trueblue74/media/F2623CC6-1FBE-4924-A925-314E5CA972BE.png_1.jpeg.html)

Sweet, Hookem

caleb_mccaig
01-30-2015, 06:30 PM
Sweet, Hookem

Lol at the #DBU.

hookandladder
01-31-2015, 12:46 PM
Lol at the #DBU.

Yes, Texas has sent nobody to the NFL at that position. LMAO

NastySlot
01-31-2015, 04:31 PM
Yes, Texas has sent nobody to the NFL at that position. LMAO

I think Craig being an LSU fan believes the Tigers have taken the title of DBU from the horns, Jamal Adams also tweeted that.

They do have a point you all did get rid of Akina the man responsible for making Texas DBU.

regardless good pickups for you guys

Rabid Cougar
02-01-2015, 10:06 AM
"Let's Ride"? Oklahoma State or Texas Tech? What happened to "Let's chew cud"?

hookandladder
02-01-2015, 10:27 AM
I think Craig being an LSU fan believes the Tigers have taken the title of DBU from the horns, Jamal Adams also tweeted that.

They do have a point you all did get rid of Akina the man responsible for making Texas DBU.

No doubt Akina was good, Chris Vaughn will continue that success and is a great recruiter. Let's Ride, Hookem.

Roughneck93
02-02-2015, 08:37 PM
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/trueblue74/7AFB5FEF-CD46-4DBA-8F55-72045AE4D621.png.jpeg (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/trueblue74/media/7AFB5FEF-CD46-4DBA-8F55-72045AE4D621.png.jpeg.html)

NastySlot
02-02-2015, 09:43 PM
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/trueblue74/7AFB5FEF-CD46-4DBA-8F55-72045AE4D621.png.jpeg (http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/trueblue74/media/7AFB5FEF-CD46-4DBA-8F55-72045AE4D621.png.jpeg.html)

He'll be a five star by Wednesday.

caleb_mccaig
02-03-2015, 02:54 AM

I thought I was more than correct about LSU being DBU, but I looked up some numbers and LSU, UT and Bama are all pretty much equal when it comes to secondary players in the NFL. I will admit defeat lol. UT can claim the best safety and LSU can claim arguably the best CB, depending on who you speak to, in the NFL.

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Coach Strong stole a 4* WR commit from FSU last night who's now Texas' prized QB in the class of 2015.

Being Kai Locksley's dad, Mike, is a college coach, I wonder if Texas offered him the same deal they did to Kevin Murray?

Phil C
02-03-2015, 11:22 AM
After tomorrow things will be settled for 2015 class thankfully.

NastySlot
02-03-2015, 11:24 AM
Coach Strong stole a 4* WR commit from FSU last night who's now Texas' prized QB in the class of 2015.

Being Kai Locksley's dad, Mike, is a college coach, I wonder if Texas offered him the same deal they did to Kevin Murray?

Heard rumor they were also trying to flip Louisiana- Monroe QB commit.

I thought they has a QB commit from Cistercian that was supposed to be solid.

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 11:27 AM
Heard rumor they were also trying to flip Louisiana- Monroe QB commit.

The more the better, nothing like competition.

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 11:27 AM

He's as solid as they come. His other offers are Colorado State and Nevada. He's not good enough to shop his commitment.

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 11:28 AM

Yes sir, Let's Ride. Hookem.

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 11:29 AM
He's as solid as they come. His other offers are Colorado State and Nevada. He's not good enough to shop his commitment.

NT, the star guy. LOl

caleb_mccaig
02-03-2015, 11:33 AM
Just curious for you Texas fans....but is it a bit concerning that you guys couldn't land one of the big Texas QB prospects, especially since there isn't much competition and also a possibility to start ASAP? I know that Kai kid is a 4* and was committed to FSU at one point, but he isn't one of the big fish.

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 11:36 AM
Yes sir, Let's Ride. Hookem

Hook - what kind of deal did you work out with the AD when your kid became a QB at Texas?

Emerson1
02-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Just curious for you Texas fans....but is it a bit concerning that you guys couldn't land one of the big Texas QB prospects, especially since there isn't much competition and also a possibility to start ASAP? I know that Kai kid is a 4* and was committed to FSU at one point, but he isn't one of the big fish.
Jerrod Heard was the #2 dual threat QB in the country last year...

There isn't much competition at A&M for Murray and Stidham had been committed for two years already. Plus they thought they were going to have Gentry. Are people giving up on Heard because he didn't start as as true freshman who didn't go through spring ball?

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Hook - what kind of deal did you work out with the AD when your kid became a QB at Texas?

Now you showing your true colors, Trash.

caleb_mccaig
02-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Jerrod Heard was the #2 dual threat QB in the country last year...

There isn't much competition at A&M for Murray and Stidham had been committed for two years already. Plus they thought they were going to have Gentry. Are people giving up on Heard because he didn't start as as true freshman who didn't go through spring ball?

Did you really just say there isn't much competition for Murray?

Kyle Allen was a higher rated recruit than Murray was coming out of high school and he's a year ahead learning the playbook. I'd say that's somewhat steep competition for him to overcome.

Everything I heard during the season was that Heard hadn't progressed as a passer whatsoever and his accuracy was terrible. Obviously, I just read that several places and don't keep up with UT very close though.

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 12:11 PM

Yes sir, Let's Ride. Hookem.

You said they offered him the same deal. Since that is par for the course on the 40 acres, I'm trying see what kind of deal you got. That doesn't make me trash. That makes me curious.

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Are people giving up on Heard because he didn't start as as true freshman who didn't go through spring ball?

I would say people are giving up on Heard because he could not beat out Swoopes.

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 12:19 PM
You said they offered him the same deal. Since that is par for the course on the 40 acres, I'm trying see what kind of deal you got. That doesn't make me trash. That makes me curious.

NT, you are one screwed up dude. One question for you, did you ever actually play any high school or college sports. Just curious of your athletic background.

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Yes. I played sports in high school. I had some small schools interested but didn't want to play for NE Oklahoma ITT University and the likes. Instead I went to A&M.

I have no idea why that interests you or what it matters but chalk that up as another instance where I answer a question from you when you never answer my questions.

Now - I'm curious if Mike Locksley was offered a job like Kevin Murray was? I'm also curious to the deal you may have been offered as you are also the father of a UT quarterback. I'm also curious to know if Texas fans don't see Kai Locksley as Tyrone Swoopes 2.0. Kai had 5 TD passes in 2014. LOl.

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Yes. I played sports in high school. I had some small schools interested but didn't want to play for NE Oklahoma ITT University and the likes. Instead I went to A&M.

I have no idea why that interests you or what it matters but chalk that up as another instance where I answer a question from you when you never answer my questions.

Now - I'm curious if Mike Locksley was offered a job like Kevin Murray was? I'm also curious to the deal you may have been offered as you are also the father of a UT quarterback. I'm also curious to know if Texas fans don't see Kai Locksley as Tyrone Swoopes 2.0. Kai had 5 TD passes in 2014. LOl.

You are one really sick dude, your memory must really suck. Cannot believe you still reading and believing what each college web site is saying, like they say there is a sucker born everyday. LMAO

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 12:52 PM
You are one really sick dude, your memory must really suck. Cannot believe you still reading and believing what each college web site is saying, like they say there is a sucker born everyday. LMAO

I don't understand you. You act like I make things up out of thin air. Are you in denial? You are one sick dude to be in such denial. LOl.

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 01:01 PM
I don't understand you. You act like I make things up out of thin air. Are you in denial? You are one sick dude to be in such denial. LOl.

NT, half the **** you are getting off web sites is hear say. No one can be that stupid to actually believe half of what is said, even you should be smart enough to figure that out. Lol

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 02:29 PM
NT, half the **** you are getting off web sites is hear say. No one can be that stupid to actually believe half of what is said, even you should be smart enough to figure that out. Lol

You don't want to believe anything I say because of high of a pedestal you've placed Coach Strong. You think he's the most moral coach in all the land because kids aren't allowed to have guns or do drugs etc. I can't wait to see your reaction when you find out exactly what's gone on on the 40 acres in the last two weeks. And I've given multiple examples that he's not the choir boy that he portrays himself much to your dismay.

Put the puzzle pieces together. Texas didn't get a sniff from any big name offensive guys all year. Malik commits in late December because A&M didn't have their DC in place. Huge get for Texas. With two weeks to go before signing day, Kyler Murray and Demarkus Lodge take an official visit on a Wednesday. The same Kyler Murray who said "nobody is going to Texas". The same Kyler Murray who was too small and brittle. Now, Texas knows they don't get Lodge if Murray doesn't sign because they have nobody to throw the football. More stupidly, the Texas coaching staff moves "all-in" on an A&M legacy and were willing to give up Gentry to get him. It makes no sense. What could Coach Strong possibly done to convice Kyler Murray to play for Texas? Texas insiders have told us that he offered the starting position to him and that Kevin was getting a consulting gig. They also said they're going to change the offense to a HUNH while retaining the most boring offensive coordinator in the NCAA in Shawn Watson. Remember when Texas guys were saying Murray wasn't getting answers from Sumlin that he wanted? Remember? That was in relation to the consulting/coaching gig that Texas offered. A&M guys did make this up - it's from the Texas side.

I know you don't know enough to have a rebuttal, but there it is. Call me sick or dumb or stupid or whatever else you've called me, but I can't wait to be around when you're finally told this from someone "you trust".

Emerson1
02-03-2015, 03:08 PM
Did you really just say there isn't much competition for Murray?

Kyle Allen was a higher rated recruit than Murray was coming out of high school and he's a year ahead learning the playbook. I'd say that's somewhat steep competition for him to overcome.

Everything I heard during the season was that Heard hadn't progressed as a passer whatsoever and his accuracy was terrible. Obviously, I just read that several places and don't keep up with UT very close though.

Allen who finally got on the field when the other guy got arrested and suspended. Murray has just as good of a chance to be starting in two years at A&M as he did at Texas.

I would say people are giving up on Heard because he could not beat out Swoopes.

He was supposed to be him out with fall practice alone? And burn a redshirt for what would have been an experiment?

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 03:08 PM
You don't want to believe anything I say because of high of a pedestal you've placed Coach Strong. You think he's the most moral coach in all the land because kids aren't allowed to have guns or do drugs etc. I can't wait to see your reaction when you find out exactly what's gone on on the 40 acres in the last two weeks. And I've given multiple examples that he's not the choir boy that he portrays himself much to your dismay.

Put the puzzle pieces together. Texas didn't get a sniff from any big name offensive guys all year. Malik commits in late December because A&M didn't have their DC in place. Huge get for Texas. With two weeks to go before signing day, Kyler Murray and Demarkus Lodge take an official visit on a Wednesday. The same Kyler Murray who said "nobody is going to Texas". The same Kyler Murray who was too small and brittle. Now, Texas knows they don't get Lodge if Murray doesn't sign because they have nobody to throw the football. More stupidly, the Texas coaching staff moves "all-in" on an A&M legacy and were willing to give up Gentry to get him. It makes no sense. What could Coach Strong possibly done to convice Kyler Murray to play for Texas? Texas insiders have told us that he offered the starting position to him and that Kevin was getting a consulting gig. They also said they're going to change the offense to a HUNH while retaining the most boring offensive coordinator in the NCAA in Shawn Watson. Remember when Texas guys were saying Murray wasn't getting answers from Sumlin that he wanted? Remember? That was in relation to the consulting/coaching gig that Texas offered. A&M guys did make this up - it's from the Texas side.

I know you don't know enough to have a rebuttal, but there it is. Call me sick or dumb or stupid or whatever else you've called me, but I can't wait to be around when you're finally told this from someone "you trust".

You are listening and believing what outsider are saying, how dumb can one person be. No facts, just hear say. You sound like a little kid that repeats everything he hears, do you think other web sites are saying the same thing about atm. Hell yes, wake up and smell the coffee. LMAO

1st and goal
02-03-2015, 03:13 PM

He was offered to be the ball inflator at one point, then deflate gate hit and he thought better of it. Too much pressure. Too little pressure. What to do? What to do?

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Allen who finally got on the field when the other guy got arrested and suspended. Murray has just as good of a chance to be starting in two years at A&M as he did at Texas.

He was supposed to be him out with fall practice alone? And burn a redshirt for what would have been an experiment?

I can tell you for a fact, Heard's plan was to redshirt last year. My son roomed with him every game, there never was a time he was going to play unless Swoopes went down very early in the year and that was not even a guarantee he would play.

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 03:15 PM
He was offered to be the ball inflator at one point, then deflate gate hit and he thought better of it. Too much pressure. Too little pressure. What to do? What to do?

Go back in your hole, groundhog day is not here yet. Giddings loser, Lol

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 03:15 PM
You are listening and believing what outsider are saying, how dumb can one person be. No facts, just hear say. You sound like a little kid that repeats everything he hears, do you think other web sites are saying the same thing about atm. Hell yes, wake up and smell the coffee. LMAO

Funny. You post no facts. When poised with an actual question you deflect and call names.

As bad as he was, I would think Heard could've beaten him out. Very few D1 schools are carrying one scholarship quarterback at a time.

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 03:16 PM
I can tell you for a fact, Heard's plan was to redshirt last year. My son roomed with him every game, there never was a time he was going to play unless Swoopes went down very early in the year and that was not even a guarantee he would play.

So you're telling me that Coach Strong was not willing to play the best QB he had at the time.

Wow.

1st and goal
02-03-2015, 03:18 PM
hook, you know I'm just kidding before you go off and get bent on me...lol

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Funny. You post no facts. When poised with an actual question you deflect and call names.

As bad as he was, I would think Heard could've beaten him out. Very few D1 schools are carrying one scholarship quarterback at a time.

So tell us how good Thrill Hill was last year, after one game he was better than Manziel. Lol

1st and goal
02-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Go back in your hole, groundhog day is not here yet. Giddings loser, Lol

LOL you f'in cussing loser!.

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 03:19 PM

Maybe they say that about A&M, but don't you think this whole thing smells a little fishy. Even just a tiny bit? Surely you do...

caleb_mccaig
02-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Just throwing this out there, but programs offering parents or family members jobs and then a relative, whether it's a child or a sibling committing there isn't unheard of.

Just this year, LSU hired a grad assistant who was Arizona to be a the G.A. of Quality Control. Well, turns out his brother is Shea Patterson, the #16 recruit and #3 pro-style QB in the class of 2016. He was committed to Arizona, but decommitted after his brother left. Granted, Shea is from Louisiana, but I'm sure it was some kind of a ploy to give them an edge in his recruiting.

caleb_mccaig
02-03-2015, 03:23 PM

Allen and Hill were even all the way throughout the spring last year and Kenny had already been on campus and knew the playbook. A&M's starter was unknown for a good while. I'm not saying Murray can't bench Allen, but he'll have his hands full.

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 03:23 PM
So you're telling me that Coach Strong was not willing to play the best QB he had at the time.

Wow.

No, Coach Strong and Watson did not feel Heard was ready to play at this level without going through Spring workouts. If Heard would have enrolled at the beginning of spring then there would have been a strong chance he would have been No. 2 on the depth chart, do you really think Murray will overtake Allen even without being at spring ball this year.

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 03:24 PM
So tell us how good Thrill Hill was last year, after one game he was better than Manziel. Lol

This is why nobody takes you serious and you're known as a giant, bleeding mangina for Texas.

Kenny Hill had one good game. His one good game happen to be against a top 10 team on the road and his stats happen to surpass those of Johnny Manziel. Kyle Allen is better than Kenny Hill. I don't know what else you want me to say. You seriously cannot be this dense in real life; that's why I have a hard time believing that this would be your internet schtick.

LOl and LMAO.

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 03:25 PM
LOL you f'in cussing loser!.

You gonna dish it out , then you got to be willing to take it. Lol

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 03:26 PM
No, Coach Strong and Watson did not feel Heard was ready to play at this level without going through Spring workouts. If Heard would have enrolled at the beginning of spring then there would have been a strong chance he would have been No. 2 on the depth chart, do you really think Murray will overtake Allen even without being at spring ball this year.

So QB2 for the Texas Longhorns was not ready to compete in a Big 12 game last year? Wow.

I do not expect Murray to beat out Allen. I expect to burn Murray's redshirt in the first 3 weeks.

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Maybe they say that about A&M, but don't you think this whole thing smells a little fishy. Even just a tiny bit? Surely you do...

No fisher then at atm or any other school, you just got major Butt Hurt for Coach Strong.

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 03:30 PM
This is why nobody takes you serious and you're known as a giant, bleeding mangina for Texas.

Kenny Hill had one good game. His one good game happen to be against a top 10 team on the road and his stats happen to surpass those of Johnny Manziel. Kyle Allen is better than Kenny Hill. I don't know what else you want me to say. You seriously cannot be this dense in real life; that's why I have a hard time believing that this would be your internet schtick.

LOl and LMAO.

So next year when Allen has a bad game and Murray bails him out, you gonna throw Allen under the bus like Hill. The aggy way, Lol

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 03:32 PM
So QB2 for the Texas Longhorns was not ready to compete in a Big 12 game last year? Wow.

I do not expect Murray to beat out Allen. I expect to burn Murray's redshirt in the first 3 weeks.

QB2 was Swoopes last year you do know right, Heard was 3.

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 03:34 PM
So next year when Allen has a bad game and Murray bails him out, you gonna throw Allen under the bus like Hill. The aggy way, Lol

What are you talking about? Why would I throw Allen under the bus? You really can't seriously be like this in real life.

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 03:36 PM
QB2 was Swoopes last year you do know right, Heard was 3.

No. I had forgotten about the Ash.

Next man up though, right?

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 03:36 PM
What are you talking about? Why would I throw Allen under the bus? You really can't seriously be like this in real life.

You and most all aggys threw Hill under the bus after one game, what makes Allen any different.

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 03:38 PM
No. I had forgotten about the Ash.

Next man up though, right?

Yea, that makes a difference. Most have forgotten about Ash being the guy, Heard never was in the picture last year.

hookandladder
02-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Chris Warren and Kris Boyd commits to Texas, day starting off pretty good. Let's Ride- Hookem.

Also - Ryan Newsome flips to Texas from UCLA and PJ Locke flips from Oregon to Texas , Let's Ride- Hookem.

hookandladder
02-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Texas has all but two recruits LOI signed and faxed in, anything else today would be just icing on the cake. Let's Ride- Hookem.

YTBulldogs
02-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Strong has done great. Up the 6th or 7th now overall (ESPN) in best recruiting class. He can do what they claimed, recruit.

hookandladder
02-04-2015, 11:59 AM
Yes you have to hand it to Coach Strong his staff, after finishing the season the way Texas did and to have a class ranked in the Top 10 or higher that is pretty amazing. Have not kept up with atm signings however not much talk on here about their class, I am sure after Mack decides and if he picks atm as expected they will come out of the woods. Even if Mack signs with atm, I doubt their class comes close in rankings to Texas. Lol

caleb_mccaig
02-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Strong has done great. Up the 6th or 7th now overall (ESPN) in best recruiting class. He can do what they claimed, recruit.

ESPN is the worst recruiting site out of them all.

247 is by far the best, since they use the average grade from all the other sites.

hookandladder
02-04-2015, 12:20 PM
ESPN is the worst recruiting site out of them all.

247 is by far the best, since they use the average grade from all the other sites.

Personally where this class ranks means nothing to me as long as Strong is happy, the aggys are more worried about ruling Texas in recruiting then actually winning games. Lol

Saggy Aggie
02-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Yes you have to hand it to Coach Strong his staff, after finishing the season the way Texas did and to have a class ranked in the Top 10 or higher that is pretty amazing. Have not kept up with atm signings however not much talk on here about their class, I am sure after Mack decides and if he picks atm as expected they will come out of the woods. Even if Mack signs with atm, I doubt their class comes close in rankings to Texas. Lol

Mack did sign with A&M. As did everyone else expected to.

No real surprises today for us.

A&M and Texas' classes are surprisingly close I think. Last I saw was 9/10 and that was before daylon and the 2 flips for Texas

caleb_mccaig
02-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Personally where this class ranks means nothing to me as long as Strong is happy, the aggys are more worried about ruling Texas in recruiting then actually winning games. Lol

Actually, according to this chart, UT and Texas A&M's recruits are pretty even over the last several years, but A&M's have performed much better on the field, while still under performing. Possible turnaround? They recruits can't keep underperforming for this long.
http://regressing.deadspin.com/chart-which-ncaa-football-teams-outplay-their-recruit-1640831522?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

coach
02-04-2015, 01:49 PM

26 wins in 3 years isnt too shabby lol.

Phil C
02-04-2015, 02:19 PM
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img673/8654/pQUV2U.gif

hookandladder
02-04-2015, 02:29 PM
26 wins in 3 years isnt too shabby lol.

And how many championships, I thought so. Lol

Saggy Aggie
02-04-2015, 03:25 PM
A&M offered 6 players who signed with Texas. Texas offered 16 players who signed with a&m

NastySlot
02-04-2015, 03:28 PM
A&M offered 6 players who signed with Texas. Texas offered 16 players who signed with a&m

in before hook.................uh how many championships.?............lol...lol....lol.

hookandladder
02-04-2015, 03:37 PM
in before hook.................uh how many championships.?............lol...lol....lol.

uh, what. You been drinking, Lol

Saggy Aggie
02-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Sorry, make that 16-5

coach
02-04-2015, 04:03 PM
And how many championships, I thought so. Lol

I'm sorry. I was responding to your idiotic post that said games not championships. Too worried about signing players and now winning games or something like that. I'm not saggy. I come with factual information. You are going to have to come at me a little stronger than that weak ass jr high bs.

hookandladder
02-04-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm sorry. I was responding to your idiotic post that said games not championships. Too worried about signing players and now winning games or something like that. I'm not saggy. I come with factual information. You are going to have to come at me a little stronger than that weak ass jr high bs.

Yes, you would not know much about championships. Lol

Saggy Aggie
02-04-2015, 04:34 PM
Hey now, we all know you're an idiot too coach

Macarthur
02-04-2015, 07:15 PM
Charlie got a good haul, esp on defense.

The problem is he needed a real QB and some OL help. I think he missed pretty bad in those areas.

YTBulldogs
02-04-2015, 07:42 PM

The problem is he needed a real QB and some OL help. I think he missed pretty bad in those areas.

Can't get them all in 1 year. I agree, he don't have the type of QB he likes. NM kid threw him a curve for sure. Maybe next year? Nice recruit class though.

Macarthur
02-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Can't get them all in 1 year. I agree, he don't have the type of QB he likes. NM kid threw him a curve for sure. Maybe next year? Nice recruit class though.

I understand but if something doesnt change dramatically at QB, Charlie might not be around to see this class through. So he didn't get a QB. Next years class is 16, so w a RS year, the soonest that Qb will prob help is 18. That's a long time.

As I said before, Charlie better hope heard is a good one or he may be sunk before he ever gets really going.

Saggy Aggie
02-04-2015, 10:47 PM
I understand but if something doesnt change dramatically at QB, Charlie might not be around to see this class through. So he didn't get a QB. Next years class is 16, so w a RS year, the soonest that Qb will prob help is 18. That's a long time.

As I said before, Charlie better hope heard is a good one or he may be sunk before he ever gets really going.

Eh, i think Texas fans are happy with the direction things are going. I'd be encouraged if i were in their shoes.

Strong was able to get a nice class despite the miserable season. I dont think anyone expected him to do great last year or next with the situation he inherited. He should be able to at least getter better production from Heard which will solve > 1/2 of their problems.

hookandladder
02-05-2015, 07:08 AM

You sure are worried about Texas, are you a closet fan. Lol

Macarthur
02-05-2015, 07:11 AM
You sure are worried about Texas, are you a closet fan. Lol

Nope. ��

Macarthur
02-05-2015, 07:12 AM
Eh, i think Texas fans are happy with the direction things are going. I'd be encouraged if i were in their shoes.

Strong was able to get a nice class despite the miserable season. I dont think anyone expected him to do great last year or next with the situation he inherited. He should be able to at least getter better production from Heard which will solve > 1/2 of their problems.

Which is exactly what I said. They better hope heard is the real deal.

Saggy Aggie
02-05-2015, 08:06 AM
Which is exactly what I said. They better hope heard is the real deal.

He doesn't even have to be the real deal. If he's just mediocre they'll improve a lot....

msu97
02-05-2015, 08:53 AM
all Heard has to do is not be Swoopes... and that is an improvement...

Strong knew that UT was not going to be that good, which is why he decided to red shirt Heard... he gets a year under his belt of straight practice... and now has 4 years... 5 years under Strong may not be a bad thing...

but Heard has to perform... which for any kid is tough, they are all unproven on the college level...

Strong had a top 10 class with solid kids... ATM had a top 10 class... Baylor and TCU are in the top 25... things are trending in the right direction for Texas college football...

hopefully Morris will do a great job at SMU, and he picked up some solid kids... UH received most of their recruits from the Houston area, and Rice picked up some good kids...

Heck, even SFA had a great recruiting class along with Sam...
yesterday was a great day for Texas College Football

hookandladder
02-05-2015, 09:53 AM
He doesn't even have to be the real deal. If he's just mediocre they'll improve a lot....

Very true.

Emerson1
02-05-2015, 10:29 AM

He got the 6 linemen. Including the #2 center. There are two JUCO guys already enrolled and a new signee. At the very least we know there is competition the entire spring and fall.

Macarthur
02-05-2015, 10:44 AM

Sure. However, I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, he has to replace about six guys on that defense that are going to the nfl. This class coming in is good but Mack created a hole there in a couple of those classes. I don't think the 2-deep on defense is going to be as talented as this past year.

So not only does Charlie have a ton of work to do at QB, he also has to rebuild the defense.

hookandladder
02-05-2015, 11:36 AM
Sure. However, I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, he has to replace about six guys on that defense that are going to the nfl. This class coming in is good but Mack created a hole there in a couple of those classes. I don't think the 2-deep on defense is going to be as talented as this past year.

So not only does Charlie have a ton of work to do at QB, he also has to rebuild the defense.

Just reloading, Lol

Saggy Aggie
02-05-2015, 03:45 PM

They lose a lot of guys on D, but they've got some good ones coming in too this year.

They'll probably not be quite as good on D but much better on O if Heard can just show a pulse at QB.

Probably another bad year by Texas' standards this coming year, but still improved from 2014. And if Strong can get another top 10 class next year they'll be back to competing like they should

hookandladder
02-05-2015, 04:02 PM
Ridgeway is going to be a beast next year on the DL, I would be willing to bet as good or better then Brown. The guy was lazy under Mack Brown, Strong challenged his manhood last year and he responded. Also like saggy mentioned, if the offense can move the ball just a little which was pitiful last year then the defense will be fine. Texas success next year will depend more on how much the offense improves, Strong will have the defense ready. Texas defense had no depth last year, with this years LB's and DB's recruits it will be just as good or better. This group will also help right away on special teams which was also very bad, now it is time to coach them up. Hookem.

Mr. Football
02-06-2015, 08:55 AM
This should be an interesting offseason for the QBs. The starting position is up for grabs I personally don't think that Swoopes is the guy for UT I know that he got thrown into 1st string when he wasn't ready which most of the time hurts a player but you would think by the end of the season he would be playing better than what he was. Swoopes did show promise every now and then who knows he could grow alot during this offseason. I am curious to see what Heard brings to the table after a year under Strong. Heard was a very good QB in High School and I was impressed when I watched him play. He is a playmaker and keeps plays alive. The Longhorns are heading in the right direction and I'm excited for next year.

Macarthur
02-06-2015, 12:31 PM
This should be an interesting offseason for the QBs. The starting position is up for grabs I personally don't think that Swoopes is the guy for UT I know that he got thrown into 1st string when he wasn't ready which most of the time hurts a player but you would think by the end of the season he would be playing better than what he was. Swoopes did show promise every now and then who knows he could grow alot during this offseason. I am curious to see what Heard brings to the table after a year under Strong. Heard was a very good QB in High School and I was impressed when I watched him play. He is a playmaker and keeps plays alive. The Longhorns are heading in the right direction and I'm excited for next year.

Here's what needs to happen with Heard, whom I saw in HS too.

In college, you can't consistently just run around and 'make things happen'. JFF did a good deal of that, but he was an outlier. To be successful, you have to make accurate throws from the pocket on a consistent basis. That is why Swoopes had trouble and, that was the issue with Heard in HS. He made most of his plays with his feet and throwing the ball after he's made something happen with his feet. Boykin at TCU is a perfect example. He struggled the previous two years because he didn't consistently deliver the ball accurately from the pocket. They got a new OC in and they built a system around him and he started being more accurate and making big throws from the pocket.

Having mobility is great and it really adds a dimension to an offense, but it has been true forever and still is to this day. The QBs job is to deliver the ball accurately and on time to receivers.

I think UT will really regret missing on Gentry.

msu97
02-06-2015, 01:19 PM
which would be the main reason Heard red shirted... to help with this issue...

we will see if that has been corrected... but if not... another long season for the Horns

Emerson1
02-06-2015, 05:35 PM
For anyone wondering, Soso Jamabo's asian girl tweet wasn't completely random.

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-vUJx8swoU

New Taiton
02-06-2015, 05:35 PM
I think UT will really regret missing on Gentry.

This is a good point given he was the best quarterback to run Shawn Watson's offense over anybody they have on campus or anybody they recruited.

caleb_mccaig
02-06-2015, 05:38 PM
For anyone wondering, Soso Jamabo's asian girl tweet wasn't completely random.

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-vUJx8swoU

Lol I was wondering why everyone was freaking out about that tweet? Anyone who is up to date with rap music knew what he was referencing. Which means that I was probably the only person on this board who knew what it was from lol. Assuming, most on here probably never listen to rap.

hookandladder
02-06-2015, 11:11 PM
If we are talking about next year then Gentry makes no difference, without being at Texas in the spring he would never see the field next year. So as far as next year, Texas will not miss Gentry. Most have said Gentry is not college ready, not many HS players are ready without enrolling early. End of story.

hookandladder
02-06-2015, 11:12 PM
This is a good point given he was the best quarterback to run Shawn Watson's offense over anybody they have on campus or anybody they recruited.
Not next year, long term maybe at best.

Macarthur
02-07-2015, 12:36 PM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/25061253/texas-dl-coach-chris-rumph-heads-to-florida-longhorn-signees-unhappy

Core values

FB-fanatic
02-07-2015, 04:39 PM
What an ass....uh I mean Rumph.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

hookandladder
02-07-2015, 10:08 PM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/25061253/texas-dl-coach-chris-rumph-heads-to-florida-longhorn-signees-unhappy

Core values

Mac you such a hater, get a freaking life. Loser

Tejastrue
02-07-2015, 11:35 PM
it's okay hook...he's just reeling from the poor showing for TCU... the Longhorns have "turned the page."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GONmFCkCGCc

Macarthur
02-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Mac you such a hater, get a freaking life. Loser

Ah yes, shot the messenger. So you have two coaches involved in a lawsuit, one of them being ol' Charlie himself, and then lying to a recruit the day before signing day. That is some core values right there.

What a joke. These types of things are what make people dislike the university of Texas. The arrogance knows no bounds.

Macarthur
02-08-2015, 11:22 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByOrtnvCIAEQQFy.jpg

Saggy Aggie
02-08-2015, 11:30 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByOrtnvCIAEQQFy.jpg

LOL.... Treat women with respect.

CORE VALUES!

NastySlot
02-08-2015, 01:46 PM
"Core Values"------------Hook you need to tell Mac and Saggy that kid complaining outta worried about making his grades so he can get into Texas first.

Hey I thought Texas had their QB in Kai or the promised Red Shirt..............seems ol "Core Values" Charlie is still working

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/07/texas-ucla-reportedly-interested-in-star-fcs-qb-vernon-adams/

hookandladder
02-08-2015, 08:22 PM
Hey here's an idea, all you loser aggys and Mac(Whatever the hell he is) join your last two QB's in rehab. LMAO

Gobbler Fan
02-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Not relevant in the Big 12 not relevant in the SEC... Who can this be?:thinking:

Macarthur
02-09-2015, 11:12 AM
Wow, pretty amazing how this thread went silent. ��

YTBulldogs
02-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Wow, pretty amazing how this thread went silent. ��

Not much else can be chatted about Mac. The recruiting is over. Now, only time and these recruits performance will tell how successful it was, and answer the question of this thread.

New Taiton
02-09-2015, 12:05 PM
This thread will pick up more steam come August when all of grade risks that Charlie signed start enrolling in junior colleges.

YTBulldogs
02-09-2015, 01:03 PM
This thread will pick up more steam come August when all of grade risks that Charlie signed start enrolling in junior colleges.

Yeah, those Einsteins them other colleges signed certainly are rocket scientist.:doh: They should be enrolled at Harvard.

Hopefully, our GED recruits at Texas can make it.:wave:

Saggy Aggie
02-09-2015, 01:20 PM
Hey here's an idea, all you loser aggys and Mac(Whatever the hell he is) join your last two QB's in rehab. LMAO

Classic

hookandladder
02-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Yeah, those Einsteins them other colleges signed certainly are rocket scientist.:doh: They should be enrolled at Harvard.

Hopefully, our GED recruits at Texas can make it.:wave:

YT not sure if old NT got it, may have went right over his head. LMAO

YTBulldogs
02-09-2015, 02:05 PM
YT not sure if old NT got it, may have went right over his head. LMAO

Like I said H&L. Only time will tell now in regards to these schools and the recruits they just signed. I wish them all well. Never been big on rooting against, or bashing a HS kid heading to college. Regardless where he signed at. Not all athletes get this opportunity. Only the recruits can determine if they were a worthy sign or not, by their conduct on campus and off, grades, on field production, conditioning training, video prep's, etc. All are equal at this point. Now, it's in their hands how it ends for them. Life now begins, and being pampered ends for 98% of them.

Rabid Cougar
02-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Life now begins, and being pampered ends for 98% of them.

The Pampering improves about 1,000% for those that just signed... Specially at the G5 schools. This bunch will have it better than any that have come before them now that 12 and SEC will pay "actual cost of attendance". Heard on Waco ESPN the Baylor AD state it will add an additional $1 M to Baylor's expenses next year.

YTBulldogs
02-09-2015, 02:42 PM
the Baylor AD state it will add an additional $1 M to Baylor's expenses next year.

Like I said, the poor non-athletic student, trying to get a degree, will pay the price.

New Taiton
02-09-2015, 05:44 PM
Yeah, those Einsteins them other colleges signed certainly are rocket scientist. They should be enrolled at Harvard.

Hopefully, our GED recruits at Texas can make it.

I know your being facetious, but you'll be surprised who's not suited up in orange and white come August.

hookandladder
02-09-2015, 06:41 PM
The Pampering improves about 1,000% for those that just signed... Specially at the G5 schools. This bunch will have it better than any that have come before them now that 12 and SEC will pay "actual cost of attendance". Heard on Waco ESPN the Baylor AD state it will add an additional $1 M to Baylor's expenses next year.

I agree with you however the athlete will still have to earn his time on the field, all of this pampering can come to a halt if you do not take care of business on and off the field. Football is a year around committment and if you cannot committ , your free ride is over. I know for a fact the demands of a football player at a D 1 school is just crazy, never knew how much these kids put in time wise. I am not in favor of paying big time money to the athletes however I can see where they should receive cash monthly since working a job is not an opition, football in season is a normal 12 hour day and off season easy 10 hour day with classes. Let's Ride, Hookem

hookandladder
02-09-2015, 06:49 PM

I know your being facetious, but you'll be surprised who's not suited up in orange and white come August.

Another stupid post by NT, do you really think all signees at all colleges will be suited up. He'll even your school kicked 9 players off last year, this came from one of the players dad who's son got kicked off. Also FYI- he told me there were a number other players that should have been kicked off also however they were all more important to the team, so go ahead and give us your spin. I am sure you will dodge it and point to Texas issues, your such a Texas troll. Pathetic but normal coming from loser aggy nation, LMAO.

Saggy Aggie
02-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Another stupid post by NT, do you really think all signees at all colleges will be suited up. He'll even your school kicked 9 players off last year, this came from one of the players dad who's son got kicked off. Also FYI- he told me there were a number other players that should have been kicked off also however they were all more important to the team, so go ahead and give us your spin. I am sure you will dodge it and point to Texas issues, your such a Texas troll. Pathetic but normal coming from loser aggy nation, LMAO.
Weird how your sources are legit but mine aren't

Saggy Aggie
02-09-2015, 09:24 PM
I agree with you however the athlete will still have to earn his time on the field, all of this pampering can come to a halt if you do not take care of business on and off the field. Football is a year around committment and if you cannot committ , your free ride is over. I know for a fact the demands of a football player at a D 1 school is just crazy, never knew how much these kids put in time wise. I am not in favor of paying big time money to the athletes however I can see where they should receive cash monthly since working a job is not an opition, football in season is a normal 12 hour day and off season easy 10 hour day with classes. Let's Ride, Hookem

Don't they call it an opportunity check?

hookandladder
02-10-2015, 07:09 AM
Weird how your sources are legit but mine aren't

And your surprised, all you report are rumors. No inside source, just hear say. The longhorn and aggy message boards are for you guys ignorant enough to pay for their rumors, you just to dumb to figure it out. Lol

Saggy Aggie
02-10-2015, 08:17 AM
And your surprised, all you report are rumors. No inside source, just hear say. The longhorn and aggy message boards are for you guys ignorant enough to pay for their rumors, you just to dumb to figure it out. Lol

Well hook, at least I know the difference between your/you're and to/too.....

But I'm the ignorant one.... :/

New Taiton
02-10-2015, 09:36 AM
Hey Hook -

Coach Strong will be involved in his 3rd concurrent lawsuit as OSU has decided to sue Coach Wickline and will have to subpoena Coach Strong and Coach Watson for testimony to see who is lying and who is not.

Coach Wickline told OSU he was going to Texas to become the OC - if he made a lateral move as an OL coach, his contract stipulated he would owe OSU roughly $600k. Surely Coach Strong didn't hire a liar. Because you told us how much moral this Coach Strong cat was than every other coach in the country.

Anyway, Coaches Strong and Watson will be questioned as to who was the final play caller. I've seen a tweet from another reporter that said he'd rather pay the $600k than admit to calling the 2014 Texas offense. Lol.

hookandladder
02-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Hey Hook -

Coach Strong will be involved in his 3rd concurrent lawsuit as OSU has decided to sue Coach Wickline and will have to subpoena Coach Strong and Coach Watson for testimony to see who is lying and who is not.

Coach Wickline told OSU he was going to Texas to become the OC - if he made a lateral move as an OL coach, his contract stipulated he would owe OSU roughly $600k. Surely Coach Strong didn't hire a liar. Because you told us how much moral this Coach Strong cat was than every other coach in the country.

Anyway, Coaches Strong and Watson will be questioned as to who was the final play caller. I've seen a tweet from another reporter that said he'd rather pay the $600k than admit to calling the 2014 Texas offense. Lol.

Loser aggy troll, butt hurt at the finest. Lol

New Taiton
02-10-2015, 10:20 AM
here's an idea stop making excuses and try to own up for your problem's instead of dodging them

This is an exact quote from you. Why don't you impress us with how smart you are instead of insulting me everytime I ask you a legitimate question that is currently happening on the 40 acres? What do you say ol Hook - start defending and guit deflecting.

Macarthur
02-10-2015, 10:31 AM

Do you not understand that while you may think you have some inside source, you telling us is hearsay, also.

I really do hope you are just a professional troll because if not, you are just not a very smart person.

hookandladder
02-10-2015, 11:15 AM
Do you not understand that while you may think you have some inside source, you telling us is hearsay, also.

I really do hope you are just a professional troll because if not, you are just not a very smart person.

Wow the pot calling the kettle black, look in the mirror you troll. Lol

Saggy Aggie
02-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Wow the pot calling the kettle black, look in the mirror you troll. Lol

Are you always this stupid? Or just on 3adl?

duckhunter
02-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Are you always this stupid? Or just on 3adl?

I think he always is. I know most of La Grange can't stand the man either........just what i've heard from some folks

hookandladder
02-12-2015, 05:05 PM
I think he always is. I know most of La Grange can't stand the man either........just what i've heard from some folks

Yes, only ignorant ass people like yourself. Lol.

caleb_mccaig
02-12-2015, 06:21 PM

It's different when another coach comes in, Strong cleaned house to make a point and show everyone he's the boss and won't put up with any bullcrap, a lot of people didn't think his resume was good enough for the UT job and he made a power grab (Not a bad thing). I think it may work out, but to compare that to A&M not kicking kids off is a farce. Unless you get charged with rape or murder, you likely have several strikes no matter where you go, especially if the coach knows the kind of person the player is. Just because some kids got kicked off and some didn't doesn't mean anything.

hookandladder
02-13-2015, 07:02 AM
It's different when another coach comes in, Strong cleaned house to make a point and show everyone he's the boss and won't put up with any bullcrap, a lot of people didn't think his resume was good enough for the UT job and he made a power grab (Not a bad thing). I think it may work out, but to compare that to A&M not kicking kids off is a farce. Unless you get charged with rape or murder, you likely have several strikes no matter where you go, especially if the coach knows the kind of person the player is. Just because some kids got kicked off and some didn't doesn't mean anything.

Agree, I was only making a point that atm has had it's issues just like Texas. Strong is cleaning house on a few bad apples and it is not over yet, the country club way is over at Texas. I will not bash Mack for what he did at Texas, after being as successful as he was for a number of years you just start to let things slip and that happens to a lot of coaches except Saban. Lol