PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Boyd's now eyeing TCU

YTBulldogs
01-02-2015, 12:43 PM
Boyd and Mack added to that TCU team would be a nice addition, huh?

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2015/1/1/7478175/kris-boyd-top-five-texas-texas-a-m-baylor-florida-state-tcu

navscanmaster
01-02-2015, 01:05 PM
TCU is up there now with their performance, but Ags grabbing Chavis is as much a game changer in their recruitment.

YTBulldogs
01-02-2015, 01:39 PM
Could be Nav. But, these reconsidering recruits might be considering which school can get them a NC quicker.

Snotbubbles
01-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Could be Nav. But, these reconsidering recruits might be considering which school can get them a NC quicker.

I agree fully. These recruits like this, with their many star rating status, can play anywhere in the country. So, going where you have the quickest, real chance in winning the ultimate college title (maybe more than 1) carry's more weight than who's the one that places you out there on the field. Now, those lesser star rated players, might be considering who their new position coach will be. Cause, it could take them a few years to have their impact felt.

Aesculus gilmus
01-02-2015, 03:00 PM
TCU was the first FBS school to offer (he'd just received the offer in June, 2013, when they were playing 7 on 7 at the Nike Football Festival; I noticed he was wearing a TCU shirt in McKinney that day), but I'd be shocked if he goes there.

I have often wondered why Gilmer players don't give the Horned Frogs more consideration. TCU's been good for a long time. And defense is Gary Patterson's specialty. Now he's hired some guys to make his offense just as good.

YTBulldogs
01-02-2015, 03:40 PM
TCU was the first FBS school to offer (he'd just received the offer in June, 2013, when they were playing 7 on 7 at the Nike Football Festival; I noticed he was wearing a TCU shirt in McKinney that day), but I'd be shocked if he goes there.

I have often wondered why Gilmer players don't give the Horned Frogs more consideration. TCU's been good for a long time. And defense is Gary Patterson's specialty. Now he's hired some guys to make his offense just as good.

Especially since TCU will be a top team next year. Maybe ranked top 3 out the gate? Some say, the top spot.

waterboy
01-02-2015, 04:30 PM
If Kris and Daylon want any chance at a national championship at a school nearby they will have to pick TCU. Baylor may have an outside shot at a title IF they learn how to play DEFENSE. Zero chance at any other Big 12 school in the foreseeable future. I think TCU would've been playing in the title game against Oregon had they gotten that #4 spot in the playoffs. Just my opinion, though.

orange machine
01-02-2015, 07:37 PM
Keep um in Texas.

bobcat1
01-02-2015, 07:50 PM
TCU would be a great fit for him. The other schools not so much!