PDA

View Full Version : Admission Numbers

BigChamp05
12-05-2003, 06:21 PM
I heard that the only reason Burnet didn't go up to 4A last time the uil realigned, is because they didn't count the special ed kids. I don't know how reliable the source is, and i don't even know if it makes a difference. I know Burnet missed it by only a couple kids though.

BigChamp05
12-05-2003, 06:24 PM
Just for the record, i'm not trying to start anything about Burnet or anything, i was just wondering something i heard. Burnet has always been behind Bandera and rooting for us, so i'm not starting any trash or anything. I was just wondering on what i heard. Oh yeah, good luck Burnet. Win this one and the kick the crap out of Gainesville. Go get you a title.

Rabbit'93
12-05-2003, 06:49 PM
They have to play Jasper first and Gville has to play Ab. Wylie.

I read on another board that Pilot Point didn't count their disbaled kids either. I believe they sent in 410 but had 16 disabled kids. I'll see if I can find it and post it here. But for the record I think it was hear-say.

Owen B
12-05-2003, 07:07 PM
Schools normally exclude some disabled students. UIL policy is, "Students who are officially designated as having multiple disabilities may be excluded from the enrollment figures submitted for reclassification purposes." That includes some "Special Ed" kids, but not all of them. If what was reported about Pilot Point is correct, it appears to be simply an unintentional error on their part.

Rabbit'93
12-05-2003, 07:38 PM
Thanks owen thats what it was.

Chris Hart
12-05-2003, 08:25 PM
Well Burnet turned in 858 last time, and the 3A cutoff ended up being 899. I doubt that Burnet 'hid' their special ed kids, that probably just started from someone who doesn't like Burnet or the success they've been having the past years. I would think that hiding 42 or more kids would be pretty hard to do anyway. I'm not saying Burnet didn't because I don't know, but I really doubt it, our administration is first rate! Go Burnet! :)

Bandera YaYa
12-05-2003, 09:03 PM
Hey BigChamp05...not to change the subject, but
you made the front page of the Bandera Bulletin this week...it has a big picture of you catching a pass in the Bellville game.....they were doing a story on the highlights of last year. It is an awesome picture. I am saving it, in case you want to see it during the holidays..... :D

BigChamp05
12-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Sweetness YaYa. Like i said, i don't know how reliable the source is, but i was just wondering on something i heard. And I wasn't saying they were "hiding" anybody Chris. Anyway, good luck Burnet.

Chris Hart
12-06-2003, 10:13 PM
BigChamp05:
Sweetness YaYa. Like i said, i don't know how reliable the source is, but i was just wondering on something i heard. And I wasn't saying they were "hiding" anybody Chris. Anyway, good luck Burnet.I wasn't implying that you were saying Burnet was hiding students. I was saying whoever started the rumor you heard was implying Burnet was hiding students.