PDA

View Full Version : 2015 will be about the Same Teams in 2014

Celina8
12-29-2014, 06:16 AM
I really do not think much will change from this past year to 2015 for those teams making deep playoff runs. I am not really sure about my Bobcats as they graduate a lot this year, and I really expect Bridgeport to make a strong run next year as they keep improving. Of course Gilmer will be Gilmer and I expect be ranked Number 1 again to begin the year. I think Atlanta will be very good as they were a young team from what I remember. WOS will just reload, but I will be interested to see what La Grange, Sinton, Cuero, and Yoekum bring next year. I keep expecting Cuero to have a championship run just because of their great football history. Out West will Sweetwater have another great run, or will Monahans or even Vernon be that team! For 2015 I pretty much feel it will be the same teams maybe different outcomes for DII

For DI I think it will again be the same teams maybe different outcomes. Navasota returns their QB, receiver, and many other great players so they have to be the favorite going into next year. Argyle while they return a ton of talent did lose their locomotive engine which I think will be very difficult to replace. I think next year expectations for a Championship will be high, but I just do not see them making it without Ralston. Stephenville , Graham, and AW will again be the teams from Reg I as Big Spring loses their all everything QB in Tannahill which I was told he was a Senior this year. The team that I am watching out for is Carthage and Liberty Hill. I think Carthage was very young this year but that will change in 2015. Liberty Hill surprised me last year, and I think they even surprised many of their fans. This was a team that just kept getting better each and every game. I am not sure what they bring back next year, but it seems one poster said they were a very young team and if that is the case then watch out for those Panthers. LE is another one of those teams that surprised me last year and came very close to beating Argyle . I can easily see them in the top 5 beginning of the season. I actually leaning for now as Navasota and LE playing each other for the DI title next year. I know it is very early and these predictions mean nothing but I was bored and this forum has been very quite since Christmas.

cowboyandchrist
12-29-2014, 09:49 AM
I really do not think much will change from this past year to 2015 for those teams making deep playoff runs. I am not really sure about my Bobcats as they graduate a lot this year, and I really expect Bridgeport to make a strong run next year as they keep improving. Of course Gilmer will be Gilmer and I expect be ranked Number 1 again to begin the year. I think Atlanta will be very good as they were a young team from what I remember. WOS will just reload, but I will be interested to see what La Grange, Sinton, Cuero, and Yoekum bring next year. I keep expecting Cuero to have a championship run just because of their great football history. Out West will Sweetwater have another great run, or will Monahans or even Vernon be that team! For 2015 I pretty much feel it will be the same teams maybe different outcomes for DII

For DI I think it will again be the same teams maybe different outcomes. Navasota returns their QB, receiver, and many other great players so they have to be the favorite going into next year. Argyle while they return a ton of talent did lose their locomotive engine which I think will be very difficult to replace. I think next year expectations for a Championship will be high, but I just do not see them making it without Ralston. Stephenville , Graham, and AW will again be the teams from Reg I as Big Spring loses their all everything QB in Tannahill which I was told he was a Senior this year. The team that I am watching out for is Carthage and Liberty Hill. I think Carthage was very young this year but that will change in 2015. Liberty Hill surprised me last year, and I think they even surprised many of their fans. This was a team that just kept getting better each and every game. I am not sure what they bring back next year, but it seems one poster said they were a very young team and if that is the case then watch out for those Panthers. LE is another one of those teams that surprised me last year and came very close to beating Argyle . I can easily see them in the top 5 beginning of the season. I actually leaning for now as Navasota and LE playing each other for the DI title next year. I know it is very early and these predictions mean nothing but I was bored and this forum has been very quite since Christmas.. Carthage is my pick to win it all in 2015. They were loaded with juniors, sophomores and two freshmen D1 future studs. Coach S and staff did an amazing job with 19 brand new starters that should have beaten El Campo. The QB will finally have receivers that can catch a football, big, strong, and quick offensive line and super star at running back. The defense will be outstanding as always.

regaleagle
12-29-2014, 10:09 AM
Just to let everybody know....Argyle will be returning 5 starters on offense and 8 on defense. LE will be the real deal....very athletic team with lots of speed and talent. Graham should be in position to make a deep run as Landry Turner will be a senior to lead their offense. I think we can all agree they will be a force in Region 1. I will assume Kennedale loses a lot and so does Sanger. Not sure about Dallas Carter....who could be??? I think Ranchview lost quite a bit as well. Maybe Henderson and Kilgore will go deep, I dunno. Stephenville graduates 2 very good qb's, but I reckon they will have a good team, nonetheless. Brownwood may show up next season. Wylie loses a bunch, but will just reload. Dont' know much about the other regions. There will be plenty of new surprises, and then those that are yearly contenders. I reckon in D1 I'd hafta look strong at Navasota, Argyle, LE, Graham, and maybe a couple of teams in the other regions. Argyle's got a backup qb that's a coach's son. He started as a soph this season at d'back, but has been a qb since day one and saw backup duty this season. He's already battle-tested and should put on some size as he matures. He's an accurate passer, and knows the offense well. Don't worry about Argyle replacing Ralston....a player like him never can be. But come next season, Argyle will play the team concept again and find ways to win. What can you say except that they are winners.....that's what they are.

oldtownag
12-29-2014, 10:28 AM
. Carthage is my pick to win it all in 2015. They were loaded with juniors, sophomores and two freshmen D1 future studs. Coach S and staff did an amazing job with 19 brand new starters that should have beaten El Campo. The QB will finally have receivers that can catch a football, big, strong, and quick offensive line and super star at running back. The defense will be outstanding as always.

Wow. Cowboyandchrist with the surprise pick! Doubt anyone would have guessed.

Rabid Cougar
12-29-2014, 10:34 AM
China Spring had three Seniors total starting last year. All of their skill players and DB and most of their lines were Sophmores and Juniors plus their Freshman team was District Champs.

Not a bad future outlook.

Lion70
12-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Henderson gotta replace boles at qb. Dude was legit. I highly doubt we have a terrific year like that.

slingshot
12-29-2014, 11:27 AM
We got nothin'.... prob go 0-10 next year. ;)

panfan
12-29-2014, 01:49 PM
The team that I am watching out for is Carthage and Liberty Hill. I think Carthage was very young this year but that will change in 2015. Liberty Hill surprised me last year, and I think they even surprised many of their fans. This was a team that just kept getting better each and every game. I am not sure what they bring back next year, but it seems one poster said they were a very young team and if that is the case then watch out for those Panthers.

We all figured to go a few rounds deep this season, but not as far as we eventually got. This year's team was a good mix of juniors and seniors on both sides, so we'll get a fair number of starters back. LH will make some noise in 2015.

slingshot
12-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Seriously though--early Div I favorite would have to be Navasota, Div II Gilmer... As always, Carthage--Stephenville--Wylie--Argyle--LH--Burnet--LE--Graham will contend in DI. Not too familiar with DII, but would expect Celina--Sweetwater--Vernon--LaGrange--CS to be good. I do suspect we will be better than some people think, did lose a lot but we always do--we'll reload again and make another deep run after a murderer's row of a schedule--we play Argyle, Burnet, Graham, LH, Vernon, a good 5A in Birdville, 'Ville, Brownwood, Big Spring (who also will be better than some may think). If that doesn't get us ready for the playoffs (or kill us) I don't know what will!

waterboy
12-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Seriously though--early Div I favorite would have to be Navasota, Div II Gilmer... As always, Carthage--Stephenville--Wylie--Argyle--LH--Burnet--LE--Graham will contend in DI. Not too familiar with DII, but would expect Celina--Sweetwater--Vernon--LaGrange--CS to be good. I do suspect we will be better than some people think, did lose a lot but we always do--we'll reload again and make another deep run after a murderer's row of a schedule--we play Argyle, Burnet, Graham, LH, Vernon, a good 5A in Birdville, 'Ville, Brownwood, Big Spring (who also will be better than some may think). If that doesn't get us ready for the playoffs (or kill us) I don't know what will!

In D2, I would expect WO-S to be back in the mix, along with Tatum and Gladewater to go along with the ones you mentioned. Gilmer loses a lot to graduation, but they'll just reload as usual.

buckeyebob
12-29-2014, 05:46 PM
In D2, I would expect WO-S to be back in the mix, along with Tatum and Gladewater to go along with the ones you mentioned. Gilmer loses a lot to graduation, but they'll just reload as usual.

and Practice starts Monday...Yes!!

waterboy
12-29-2014, 05:56 PM
and Practice starts Monday...Yes!!

:2thumbsup Yessiree, Bob!

toddg
12-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Everybody is forgetting about Decatur..a lot of their weapons returning in that "Cadillac offense"!!
I won't mention my favorite team..it's a suprise..:)

Celina8
12-30-2014, 08:15 PM
Decatur or maybe Alvarado could they be that surprise team in D I next year. Don't know how young they were or what they have coming up but I still think it will be pretty much the same teams that we are talking about when Regional comes around next year.

Rabid Cougar
12-30-2014, 09:02 PM
Robinson Graduated 35(?) Seniors. Will have their QB back though

Celina8
12-31-2014, 05:28 AM
Robinson Graduated 35(?) Seniors. Will have their QB back though

35 Wow that is a lot to try and replace. It sounds like China Springs was very young this year with only 3 Sr's starting. I have to belive that many in Couger Town are really looking forward to 2015. Celina loses a good group in this 2014 class as it was the class everyone had been waiting for knowing this was a special group of young men. I am sure we will still be the favorite in our District , but just not sure we will have the long playoff run that we experienced this year.

sinfan75
12-31-2014, 01:12 PM
Sinton has a chance to be very good in 2015. Offense will be explosive even without Handson. If the defense improves they have really good shot at getting to the title game.

bd62
01-01-2015, 02:06 AM
Sinton has a chance to be very good in 2015. Offense will be explosive even without Handson. If the defense improves they have really good shot at getting to the title game.

No DoubtSinton . Will be top team in 4AD2 D15. and top ranked team in R-4 . Yoakum still has good young skill kids with lots of speed and 4 offensive and 5 defensive starters bac k with 6 other young kids that had lots of playing time due to injuries. Cuero loaded with good lineman on
both side of line. Very good skill people with a dual threat QB. Look for Yoakum- Cuero to have another down to wire battle for 2 and 3rd seed again.
Navarro and Wimberity will be a force in R-4 . In my opinion the 5 teams mention will be battling again for R-4 title.

GobblersUnite
01-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Favorite.....is there such a thing in this district?!!? Sinton does have some athletes returning that have played well in the past. Yoakum will lose a stalwart as will every team in the district...but success breeds success so the Dawgs will be formidable again. The Stangs are changing offensive philosophies and so that will take some time to click i.e. Gonzales. The Gobblers can't replace Hopkins with one but we'll try with several. We're never short on capable RBs. The hogs will be our strength and defensively we should be better than last year. LaFond and Martinez could take snaps next year. LaFond has the better arm but Martinez is faster and a tougher ball carrier....should be fun to watch. Martinez lined up at 4 different spots on "O" this year. "Lil" Hopkins returns...Mathis and Kyron Williams will add some greasy speed in the backfield as well. He ran a 10.7 in the 100m last year as a Frosh.

bd62
01-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Favorite.....is there such a thing in this district?!!? Sinton does have some athletes returning that have played well in the past. Yoakum will lose a stalwart as will every team in the district...but success breeds success so the Dawgs will be formidable again. The Stangs are changing offensive philosophies and so that will take some time to click i.e. Gonzales. The Gobblers can't replace Hopkins with one but we'll try with several. We're never short on capable RBs. The hogs will be our strength and defensively we should be better than last year. LaFond and Martinez could take snaps next year. LaFond has the better arm but Martinez is faster and a tougher ball carrier....should be fun to watch. Martinez lined up at 4 different spots on "O" this year. "Lil" Hopkins returns...Mathis and Kyron Williams will add some greasy speed in the backfield as well. He ran a 10.7 in the 100m last year as a Frosh.

Very good points and good knowledge about our Dist. What's changing with Ingleside.

GobblersUnite
01-01-2015, 09:29 PM
Very good points and good knowledge about our Dist. What's changing with Ingleside.

I was told that all sub varsity teams for Ingleside ran the slot T this year to transition over next year.

Pudlugger
01-03-2015, 01:26 PM
La Grange returns 5 starters on offense and 4 on defense with J.K. Dobbins playing both ways The O line returns one 2 year starter Hardin at center and will rely on several good underclassmen to step up and fill some big shoes. I expect the Leps will have some difficulty early on but as district starts will be a force to contend with. I think they win district and go three or four rounds again in the playoffs.

lostaussie
01-04-2015, 12:31 PM

Gladewater loses 33 seniors including Mack. They've got it going the right way over there but I'm not sure the have the youngsters to compete for a title.

regaleagle
01-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Sounds like LG will have a good nucleus to work from right outta the gate.....will probably make the Preseason Top Ten.

Sville
01-05-2015, 01:53 PM
My Jackets return 6 on both sides of the ball. Offense returns center both guards, TE, WR-Brown, and Kaegun Williams. The big question in Jacket land is who will be the QB next season? This will be the first off-season in 4 years that we did not have a sure fire D1 QB coming back. I believe we will be a predominantly running team. Williams' back-up was just a junior and is a half step behind him. He missed the last several games b/c of a concussion.

Defensively we return all but one of the back 7. We lose the entire DL. I am optimistic about the defense with the players that are have coming back and how they played at the end of the season.

In district 3-4A I believe Sville and AW will contend for the championship and Bwood and Big Spring switch spots. Bwood is my dark horse pick in region 1. They played a lot of younger guys late and have a very good soph. class.

slingshot
01-05-2015, 09:38 PM
My Jackets return 6 on both sides of the ball. Offense returns center both guards, TE, WR-Brown, and Kaegun Williams. The big question in Jacket land is who will be the QB next season? This will be the first off-season in 4 years that we did not have a sure fire D1 QB coming back. I believe we will be a predominantly running team. Williams' back-up was just a junior and is a half step behind him. He missed the last several games b/c of a concussion.

Defensively we return all but one of the back 7. We lose the entire DL. I am optimistic about the defense with the players that are have coming back and how they played at the end of the season.

In district 3-4A I believe Sville and AW will contend for the championship and Bwood and Big Spring switch spots. Bwood is my dark horse pick in region 1. They played a lot of younger guys late and have a very good soph. class.Suspect S'ville will be the favorite. Wylie will be a big unknown--as usual we graduate a ton of seniors but do seem to have the nucleus of a very good team. Several good quality backs that played a lot toward the end of the season, a bigger/stronger/faster QB that played quite a bit last year, leading reciever is back, one O Lineman back--but arguably was the best one we had last yr, entire D Line graduated, lost our do-everything LB/RB Johnston, have a couple of very good LB's back and several good DB's returning. Also very excited to see the Novil's with a full year of prep/practice. They were brothers that moved in from Florida mid season and both made impacts on varsity--Josh (Jr this year--WR/DB/returner) will probably be the fastest guy on our team and his younger brother Deion (Soph this year--DL) will likely be the strongest.