PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys @ Redskins

Roughneck93
12-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Need momentum going into the playoffs...Go Cowboys!

Farmersfan
12-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Will Garrett go for it or will he pull his starters pretty quick?

Eagle 1
12-28-2014, 01:04 PM
Will Garrett go for it or will he pull his starters pretty quick?

I doubt he will let the foot off the gas pedal.

regaleagle
12-28-2014, 01:06 PM
A win today in Washington puts this team in the mindset it can win it all from here on out. How long's it been? A looooooooong time! Go getem Cowboys!

Farmersfan
12-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Congrats to Murray. I loved Emmitt but Murray is also a class act

Roughneck93
12-28-2014, 01:36 PM
:clap:

regaleagle
12-28-2014, 01:39 PM
Anyone watching this game can just see the team chemistry this season of these Dallas Cowboys.....something that has been missing in years past. You just have to have team chemistry nowadays in the NFL to go deep.

Farmersfan
12-28-2014, 01:44 PM
Anyone watching this game can just see the team chemistry this season of these Dallas Cowboys.....something that has been missing in years past. You just have to have team chemistry nowadays in the NFL to go deep.

Far more good plays than bad plays lately which is different than in the past. Although luck does play a role in it all. The dropped pick 6 that Romo threw on the 1st possession completely altered the nature of this game. Momentum is huge and Dallas has been Big Mo's #1 friend lately.

Farmersfan
12-28-2014, 01:44 PM

Far more good plays than bad plays lately which is different than in the past. Although luck does play a role in it all. The dropped pick 6 that Romo threw on the 1st possession completely altered the nature of this game. Momentum is huge and Dallas has been Big Mo's #1 friend lately.

regaleagle
12-28-2014, 01:56 PM
I do notice that Romo is much slower nowadays when he is forced out of the pocket. Just too many injuries thru the seasons have taken their toll.

pirate4state
12-28-2014, 03:31 PM
I really don't think Romo needs to be in the game this late smh

Farmersfan
12-28-2014, 03:33 PM
World beater Romo 1st half.................Can do nothing right Romo the 2nd half! Get this bozo out of the damn game!!!!

Macarthur
12-28-2014, 03:46 PM
World beater Romo 1st half.................Can do nothing right Romo the 2nd half! Get this bozo out of the damn game!!!!

Dang dude. Chill.

12 TDs and 1 INT in dec and he's a bozo?

Macarthur
12-28-2014, 04:04 PM
There's only one bozo QB in this game.

Roughneck93
12-28-2014, 04:05 PM
:cheerl:

pirate4state
12-28-2014, 04:05 PM
There's only one bozo QB in this game.

I didn't know FF was a QB!!!!

Roughneck93
12-28-2014, 04:10 PM
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/gIoK85NuFO2PvI2w9bKD3jDYAtg=/1200x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2884848/zdez.0.gif

Roughneck93
12-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Lol, awesome....

Tejastrue
12-28-2014, 04:14 PM
!!!!! :clap:

Roughneck93
12-28-2014, 04:14 PM
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/pIg9tU0u2Rd2WmmKpiT5wvIKTdg=/1200x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2885044/block2.0.gif

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/EQO-N780oOmw4iylr2-C6kaXq_U=/1200x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2885042/wasdalfight.0.gif

regaleagle
12-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Dominant!!!

ccmom
12-28-2014, 07:53 PM
I didn't know FF was a QB!!!!

Bwahahahaha!!!!!

regaleagle
12-28-2014, 07:55 PM
On another note....not sure I like hearing all this hoopla bandwagon talk going on in the media about how "hot" and wonderful the Cowboys are right now. It's a surefire recipe for disaster.....unless the players decide not to listen to it and stay focused on the tasks at hand. The problem with the Dallas Cowboys has always been that "Star" on the helmet....not the actual abilities of the players. Let's hope some of that team chemistry I've been talking about is real.

pirate4state
12-28-2014, 08:07 PM
I just hope everyone goes straight home and stays there until the next game!

bobcat1
12-28-2014, 08:30 PM
You're killin' me right now. I am laughing so hard at you.

Roughneck93
12-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Detroit @ Dallas next Sunday, 3:40 pm...:2thumbsup

Tejastrue
12-28-2014, 10:29 PM
I guess I don't get out much ....both teams are 12-4 so my question is how are the Seahawks the #1 seed when Dallas beat them??

Saggy Aggie
12-28-2014, 10:50 PM
I guess I don't get out much ....both teams are 12-4 so my question is how are the Seahawks the #1 seed when Dallas beat them??

Tiebreak is record within the conference

Tejastrue
12-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Yeah, figured as much. Always felt in a tie...head to head ruled out....for me..the less of seeing Pete Carroll on the sidelines the better for Texas...any team...lol

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Yeah, figured as much. Always felt in a tie...head to head ruled out....for me..the less of seeing Pete Carroll on the sidelines the better for Texas...any team...lol

Was a 3 way tie so head to head could not be used.

Farmersfan
12-29-2014, 09:59 AM
Dang dude. Chill.

12 TDs and 1 INT in dec and he's a bozo?

Yep, you are right. I expect the worse and react too quickly most of the time. My point was that we don't need Romo going into one of his funks in the second half of this game when it doesn't mean anything. He was world beater the 1st half and until 6 minutes left in the game he was 2 out of 7 for a total of 11 yards and an interception for the 2nd half. He was missing receivers so badly it looked like he hasn't ever played the game before. He did correct the ship late and made a couple of tremendous throws. The Tony Romo of the 1st half is the QB this team needs! If the Tony Romo of the second half shows up next week the Cowboys are 1 and done! AGAIN!

Farmersfan
12-29-2014, 10:12 AM
You're killin' me right now. I am laughing so hard at you.

You are laughing hard now bobcat1 but what will you be doing when the real Tony Romo shows up next week and plays like he was playing in the second half this week? I've cried in my Post Toasties so often about this team in the past I can't help but be negative. Where Romo is concerned it is now a "I have to see it to believe it" attitude with me. (and millions of others). You drink the koolaid all you want but if history repeats itself you will be drowning in that Koolaid way too soon! But I will admit Romo is playing some really good football for the most part these days and if it continues the Cowboys have as good a chance as any to get to the show. Maybe the big difference this year is the Dallas running game and O-line. I find it hilarious that people are saying the way you beat Dallas is stuff the run and force Romo to throw the ball! That just doesn't happen with great QBs.................. You ever heard anyone say "the best way to beat Aaron Rogers or Peyton Manning is to force them to throw the ball"????? Oh, no it's never been said! When Romo is playing like he did in the 1st half yesterday the passing game is a bigger threat than the running game. Unfortunately the "2nd half" happens far too often. Should be fun though.............

On another note: How great is it to see that many Cowboy fans in Washington? With a single deep run in the playoffs Dallas will once again cement the title of America's Team! All the bandwagon fans will jump on board again so Jerry can squeeze another decade of 8-8 seasons out of it. LOL

regaleagle
12-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Even though the Cowboys won all those road games this season, I'd hate to see them hafta to go into Detroit to play this one. Stafford does have a cannon arm and does have the recievers that can burn any secondary in the NFL. He's alot like Romo.....when he's hot he can burn you bad. But when he's not he throws interceptions. Let's hope our Cowboy D can put the pressure on him. I like the Cowboys chances a whole bunch this week. I think this particular group IS the real deal.....I hope I'm right.

Eagle 1
12-29-2014, 10:32 AM
I have to agree that I am a little worried about Tony Romo in the playoffs, and if the truth is known Tony probably has that in the back of his mind. If he screws up and loses the game, there will be no more excuses. He has the best offensive line in the league along with the greatest core of receivers. The defense is playing solid enough to win a championship. So no more excuses, it's time to at least play for an NFC championship if not a Super Bowl.
Go Cowboys.

Eagle 1
12-29-2014, 11:16 AM
On another note....not sure I like hearing all this hoopla bandwagon talk going on in the media about how "hot" and wonderful the Cowboys are right now. It's a surefire recipe for disaster.....unless the players decide not to listen to it and stay focused on the tasks at hand. The problem with the Dallas Cowboys has always been that "Star" on the helmet....not the actual abilities of the players. Let's hope some of that team chemistry I've been talking about is real.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/s526x395/10891801_802250703163787_8681565371159040512_n.jpg ?oh=1c00ae0457566bc4cd56711b5e4d9bc9&oe=552E0BF2&__gda__=1428996128_c5dc5d15cac6a37c3651144a51d3322 a

Macarthur
12-29-2014, 11:43 AM
You are laughing hard now bobcat1 but what will you be doing when the real Tony Romo shows up next week and plays like he was playing in the second half this week? I've cried in my Post Toasties so often about this team in the past I can't help but be negative. Where Romo is concerned it is now a "I have to see it to believe it" attitude with me. (and millions of others). You drink the koolaid all you want but if history repeats itself you will be drowning in that Koolaid way too soon! But I will admit Romo is playing some really good football for the most part these days and if it continues the Cowboys have as good a chance as any to get to the show. Maybe the big difference this year is the Dallas running game and O-line. I find it hilarious that people are saying the way you beat Dallas is stuff the run and force Romo to throw the ball! That just doesn't happen with great QBs.................. You ever heard anyone say "the best way to beat Aaron Rogers or Peyton Manning is to force them to throw the ball"????? Oh, no it's never been said! When Romo is playing like he did in the 1st half yesterday the passing game is a bigger threat than the running game. Unfortunately the "2nd half" happens far too often. Should be fun though.............

On another note: How great is it to see that many Cowboy fans in Washington? With a single deep run in the playoffs Dallas will once again cement the title of America's Team! All the bandwagon fans will jump on board again so Jerry can squeeze another decade of 8-8 seasons out of it. LOL

And again, this is where you put up strawmen.

No one has ever said that he is a better QB than Rogers or Brady. And if you think those guys don't need a good running game, too, you're nuts. I think that RB cat from Alabama has really helped Rogers the last two years.

It all goes hand in hand. Yes, if Det shuts down the running game and Romo has to throw 40 times or more, I think that's what Det wants. And on the flip side, if Dallas shuts down Det's running game and forces Stafford to throw a bunch, I think that works in our favor. All defenses want to make offenses 1 dimentional, regardless of who the QB is. Peyton has been at his best in his career when he's had a solid running game. This makes Romo no diff than any other QB in the history of the league.

And if Romo craps the bed, so be it. The playoffs aren't easy.

The biggest problem I have with this whole narrative is that we all know the QB gets too much credit for winning and too much blame for losing. If the Cowboys do lose, Romo could have a great day with a rating of over 100, and the narrative will be that Romo fails again, not that the defense gives up 1000 yards to Megatron and Det scores 45 points.

Macarthur
12-29-2014, 11:59 AM
Here's an example of what I've been saying.

I've been posting on here for some time about how diff QBs are treated differently based on the narrative.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/dec/28/chargers-line-offensive-rivers-nfl-chiefs/

So the Chargers score 7 points in 3 of the last 4 games and the narrative is how the OL let Rivers down. Not that Rivers is a choker. If this had happened to the Cowboys, how would that narrative been written about Romo?

Eagle 1
12-29-2014, 12:20 PM
Here's an example of what I've been saying.

I've been posting on here for some time about how diff QBs are treated differently based on the narrative.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/dec/28/chargers-line-offensive-rivers-nfl-chiefs/

So the Chargers score 7 points in 3 of the last 4 games and the narrative is how the OL let Rivers down. Not that Rivers is a choker. If this had happened to the Cowboys, how would that narrative been written about Romo?

Romo's fate as a choker was sealed in his first ever playoff game when he fumbled the snap on the game winning field goal attempt. Until he proves he can win critical games in the playoffs, then so be it. I hope he does, but until then I will be wary. Maybe this will be the year, fingers crossed. None the less, you have to admit there are no more excuses if Romo does screw the pooch in the game and not just disregard it as "the playoff aren't easy".

Macarthur
12-29-2014, 12:26 PM
Romo's fate as a choker was sealed in his first ever playoff game when he fumbled the snap on the game winning field goal attempt.

I think this is absolutely preposterous.

Until he proves he can win critical games in the playoffs, then so be it.

All games in the playoffs are critical. Notice how no one can say anymore that he doesn't win big games. He wins plenty of big games. And of course the one playoff game he did win wasn't a critical one, I guess.

I hope he does, but until then I will be wary. Maybe this will be the year, fingers crossed. None the less, you have to admit there are no more excuses if Romo does screw the pooch in the game and not just disregard it as "the playoff aren't easy".

I think too many people mistake 'reasons' for 'excuses'. Sometimes when things don't go your way, there are actual reasons. Like for instance, the team that you play is better than you. Take the playoff loss to Minn several years ago. Some will say that Romo being sacked so many times was an 'excuse'. When in reality, Minn was a better team. Period.

Eagle 1
12-29-2014, 12:34 PM
I think this is absolutely preposterous.

All games in the playoffs are critical. Notice how no one can say anymore that he doesn't win big games. He wins plenty of big games. And of course the one playoff game he did win wasn't a critical one, I guess.

I think too many people mistake 'reasons' for 'excuses'. Sometimes when things don't go your way, there are actual reasons. Like for instance, the team that you play is better than you. Take the playoff loss to Minn several years ago. Some will say that Romo being sacked so many times was an 'excuse'. When in reality, Minn was a better team. Period.

This whole post is preposterous. Your reaching for straws, excuses, reasons or what ever you want to call it. LOL.... Why can't you just concede that he chokes sometimes when the game is on the line? Like I said, I hope we win, but until proven otherwise I'm still going to be wary. I'm sorry, but as a life long Cowboy fan I'm not just satisfied with winning a playoff game. I set my standards higher years ago when we use to win Super Bowls, but for now I would settle for an NFC championship win. It's not my fault your content with just making the playoffs. Perhaps you are to young to have known the Cowboys from back in the day. Or perhaps your just one of those liberals who thinks everybody should get trophy for participating.

Macarthur
12-29-2014, 12:37 PM
This whole post is preposterous. Your reaching for straws, excuses, reasons or what ever you want to call it. LOL.... Why can't you just concede that he chokes sometimes when the game is on the line? Like I said, I hope we win, but until proven otherwise I'm still going to be wary. I'm sorry, but as a life long Cowboy fan I'm not just satisfied with winning a playoff game. I set my standards higher years ago when we use to win Super Bowls, but for now I would settle for an NFC championship win. It's not my fault your content with just making the playoffs. Perhaps you are to young to have known the Cowboys from back in the day. Or perhaps your just one of those liberals who thinks everybody should get trophy for participating.

You are clueless.

Macarthur
12-29-2014, 12:41 PM
You do realize that at the first instant someone gets personal in any discussion, that is a clue that they have lost the argument. You have nothing to offer so you make the discussion about me.

Rabid Cougar
12-29-2014, 12:41 PM
If I may interject a bit of information.....Romo hasn't been the Cowboys QB for 18 years..... Jerry Jones has been the owner the entire time period.

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Perhaps you are to young to have known the Cowboys from back in the day. Or perhaps your just one of those liberals who thinks everybody should get trophy for participating.

I am old enough to remember the glory days...also I remember the stretch between 84-91 where Dallas was bad. So when they made the play offs in 91 I was just happy they were there. Winning one game on road in Chicago was gravy.

That is the same now. Dallas was picked by most at best to be 8-8..while most were saying 6-10 and 7-9. So yes I am happy they "just made the play offs" anything after that is gravy to me.

and not real sure what the hell a political affiliation has to do with this debate, but whatever.

Roughneck93
12-29-2014, 02:51 PM
Ndamukong Suh suspended for Sunday's game?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12093617/ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-suspended-playoff-game

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/2jje6_fFISDxf25xLgByC6bIIOw=/1200x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2885340/suh2.0.gif

Farmersfan
12-29-2014, 03:21 PM
No one has ever said that he is a better QB than Rogers or Brady. And if you think those guys don't need a good running game, too, you're nuts. I think that RB cat from Alabama has really helped Rogers the last two years..

Green Bay averages 119 rushing yards per game. Dallas averages 147 yards per game. No team EVER has said "our best chance to win is to force Rogers to throw the ball"! EVER!!!! Rogers won the Superbowl with the #24 ranked running game in the NFL that averaged 100 yards a game. Tony Romo has the #1 passer rating this season at 111, #1 completion percentage at 69% and #1 Yards per completion at 8.4. Yet the opponents will still look to force Romo to throw the ball! Think about it...................

And on the flip side, if Dallas shuts down Det's running game and forces Stafford to throw a bunch, I think that works in our favor. .

You have lost your mind! Forcing Detroit to run the ball works in our favor. Their running game is ranked #28 in the NFL. Their passing game isn't that much better but Stafford and Johnson can dominate and did the last time these two teams played. The Detroit running game isn't going to dominate.

And if Romo craps the bed, so be it. The playoffs aren't easy. .

So you have low expectations! We all see that.

The biggest problem I have with this whole narrative is that we all know the QB gets too much credit for winning and too much blame for losing. If the Cowboys do lose, Romo could have a great day with a rating of over 100, and the narrative will be that Romo fails again, not that the defense gives up 1000 yards to Megatron and Det scores 45 points.

Now who is putting up strawmen? Here is a logical and reasonable measuring stick for you to consider. Detroit scores 20 points a game on average and the Dallas defense gives up 22 a game on average. If you averaged these totals the target point total for the Detroit offense from a Dallas defense perspective would be 21 points. Anything below that is a credit to the defense and anything above that would go against the defense. (except of course any point given by the Dallas offense) On the other hand the Dallas offense averages 30 points a game and the Detroit defense gives up 18 points a game on average. Dallas offensive point total should be about 24 points. Anything scored above that is a credit to the Dallas offense and anything scored below that goes against the offense. I actually think the magic number is 20 points. Detroit has only won twice all season after giving up 20 points or more and they only average 14 points a game against .500 teams or better. So if Romo can play even a semi-good game and the defense can limit Detroit to less than 20, Dallas better win the game!

Farmersfan
12-29-2014, 03:37 PM

The next week the Vikings lost to a team the Cowboys destroyed 2 weeks earlier. 2009 Vikings offense ranked #5 in the NFL. Dallas offense ranked #2! Vikings defense ranked #6 and Dallas defense ranked #9.................. One thing and one thing only caused the lopsided loss by the Cowboys! Romo's inability to handle the D-line pressure by the Vikings. the next weekend Drew Brees was sacked just as many times but he also made a few plays. Romo didn't..............................

Farmersfan
12-29-2014, 03:42 PM
I am old enough to remember the glory days...also I remember the stretch between 84-91 where Dallas was bad. So when they made the play offs in 91 I was just happy they were there. Winning one game on road in Chicago was gravy.

That is the same now. Dallas was picked by most at best to be 8-8..while most were saying 6-10 and 7-9. So yes I am happy they "just made the play offs" anything after that is gravy to me.

and not real sure what the hell a political affiliation has to do with this debate, but whatever.

All the 8-8 predictions in the beginning mean nothing now except "THEY WERE WRONG"! So why lower your expectation now because you were wrong in the beginning? The Cowboys have played like a 12-4 football team and any 12-4 football team has a great chance at winning a superbowl............

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2014, 04:08 PM
The next week the Vikings lost to a team the Cowboys destroyed 2 weeks earlier. 2009 Vikings offense ranked #5 in the NFL. Dallas offense ranked #2! Vikings defense ranked #6 and Dallas defense ranked #9.................. One thing and one thing only caused the lopsided loss by the Cowboys! Romo's inability to handle the D-line pressure by the Vikings. the next weekend Drew Brees was sacked just as many times but he also made a few plays. Romo didn't..............................

Brees was sacked once and barely hit that game. That was the big talk of the game, how Vikes had dismantled Cowboy O-line but could not get to Brees all game

Farmersfan
12-29-2014, 04:08 PM
Here is some trivia that I just calculated. The Lions and the Cowboys have 4 common opponents. Giants, Saints, Cards and Bears! The Lions and the Cowboys are 4-1 in 5 games against these common opponents and each team is a +38 point differential in those games......

Macarthur
12-29-2014, 04:14 PM

As broadcaster pointed out, you are completely wrong, again. Minn was better than Dallas that year. Period. That DL destroyed Dallas' OL, but you continue, as you fully admit, have a blindspot when it comes to Romo. That game was all on him....

Macarthur
12-29-2014, 04:18 PM
Green Bay averages 119 rushing yards per game. Dallas averages 147 yards per game. No team EVER has said "our best chance to win is to force Rogers to throw the ball"! EVER!!!! Rogers won the Superbowl with the #24 ranked running game in the NFL that averaged 100 yards a game. Tony Romo has the #1 passer rating this season at 111, #1 completion percentage at 69% and #1 Yards per completion at 8.4. Yet the opponents will still look to force Romo to throw the ball! Think about it...................

Congratulations! You have proven that Rogers is better than Romo. You're so good as strawmen, does it make you feel like a big stud that you won? Oh yeah, you've defeated an argument that no one made. :crazy:

You have lost your mind! Forcing Detroit to run the ball works in our favor. Their running game is ranked #28 in the NFL. Their passing game isn't that much better but Stafford and Johnson can dominate and did the last time these two teams played. The Detroit running game isn't going to dominate.

My point is that if teams can obtain balance, it makes all offenses better. If you don't think Detroit being balanced and running and throwing well makes them that much better, you need to go back to football 101.

So you have low expectations! We all see that.

No, I just know that the NFL today is not like the NFL of the 90s. Those Cowboys were clearly a better team that virtually everyone they played. Today's NFL is a week to week proposition and all these teams are very close to each other.

Macarthur
12-29-2014, 04:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/relax--aaron-rodgers--eddie-lacy-help-keep-packers-balanced-in-playoff-push-180224678.html

Gee, Det held GB's running game early in the year and Det won. FF, it really does seem that you many times watch football is some weird bizzaro opposite world.

Farmersfan
12-29-2014, 04:33 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/relax--aaron-rodgers--eddie-lacy-help-keep-packers-balanced-in-playoff-push-180224678.html

Gee, Det held GB's running game early in the year and Det won. FF, it really does seem that you many times watch football is some weird bizzaro opposite world.

The irony is you keep making the same ole' tired arguments and the Cowboys continue to do the things I tell you will happen. Hopefully this season will be different and not end on a Romo "crap the bed" performance. But i'm not holding my breath....................

Farmersfan
12-29-2014, 04:39 PM
As broadcaster pointed out, you are completely wrong, again. Minn was better than Dallas that year. Period. That DL destroyed Dallas' OL, but you continue, as you fully admit, have a blindspot when it comes to Romo. That game was all on him....

I suspect you need to actually learn a little more about nuances of football Mac. You might be surprised what a good QB does to control the rush of the defense............. Of course you watched Drew Brees do it the next week and didn't learn anything so NEVERMIND!

Txbroadcaster
12-29-2014, 04:47 PM
I suspect you need to actually learn a little more about nuances of football Mac. You might be surprised what a good QB does to control the rush of the defense............. Of course you watched Drew Brees do it the next week and didn't learn anything so NEVERMIND!

Wait earlier you said Brees was sacked as many times..and now he controlled the pass rush...and Brees was actually not that great in the game. Saints won because Brett pulled a Brett and threw a terrible that cost them the game,

Macarthur
12-29-2014, 05:08 PM
Wait earlier you said Brees was sacked as many times..and now he controlled the pass rush...and Brees was actually not that great in the game. Saints won because Brett pulled a Brett and threw a terrible that cost them the game,

Lol. Right, FF, I'm the one that needs to learn the nuances of the NFl.

Tejastrue
12-29-2014, 07:13 PM
@Txb...Explains it even more. Thanks. Forgot about Green Bay. Too bad they didn't use "away" record. lol

Eagle 1
12-29-2014, 10:57 PM
Brees was sacked once and barely hit that game. That was the big talk of the game, how Vikes had dismantled Cowboy O-line but could not get to Brees all game

Thanks for proving my point. This year we have one the best offensive lines in the NFL, so if Romo turns the ball over the offensive line should not be the cause. We have the number one rushing back in the NFL, so that can't be the cause. We have the best corp of receivers in the NFL, so that can't be the cause. Our defense is playing good, so that is not the cause. Over the years, I heard every excuse in the world as to why Romo had a bad game, and he wasn't the reason Dallas lost. Sometimes that may be true, but most of the time its not. You can't turn the ball over as many times as him and expect to win.
Any disclaimers before the game? LOL...

I use to carry a Dallas Cowboys ticket stub from 1989 when the Cowboys were destroyed by Minnesota (44-0 I believe). I was at the game, so ya I know what hard times are.

GrTigers6
12-30-2014, 08:27 AM
Thanks for proving my point. This year we have one the best offensive lines in the NFL, so if Romo turns the ball over the offensive line should not be the cause. We have the number one rushing back in the NFL, so that can't be the cause. We have the best corp of receivers in the NFL, so that can't be the cause. Our defense is playing good, so that is not the cause. Over the years, I heard every excuse in the world as to why Romo had a bad game, and he wasn't the reason Dallas lost. Sometimes that may be true, but most of the time its not. You can't turn the ball over as many times as him and expect to win.
Any disclaimers before the game? LOL...

I use to carry a Dallas Cowboys ticket stub from 1989 when the Cowboys were destroyed by Minnesota (44-0 I believe). I was at the game, so ya I know what hard times are.
If Romo is sacked multiple times then yes it is on the OL. If murray fumbles several times then yes it is on him. If the defense gives up too many points then yes it is on the defense. And if room throws INTs then it is on him. You cant say that you cant blame any aspect of the team without knowing what they will do in that game. This team is in this position because mostly of Romo, murray and the defense making plays that we weren't used to seeing them make that closed games out.( a big reason why we were 8-8 last year) Not to mention how dez has stepped up even more this year. It is a group effort which is what Romo needed to be successful because he doesn't have to do it all himself. 32 TD's to 9 INTs. Enough Said

waterboy
12-30-2014, 09:17 AM
If Romo is sacked multiple times then yes it is on the OL. If murray fumbles several times then yes it is on him. If the defense gives up too many points then yes it is on the defense. And if room throws INTs then it is on him. You cant say that you cant blame any aspect of the team without knowing what they will do in that game. This team is in this position because mostly of Romo, murray and the defense making plays that we weren't used to seeing them make that closed games out.( a big reason why we were 8-8 last year) Not to mention how dez has stepped up even more this year. It is a group effort which is what Romo needed to be successful because he doesn't have to do it all himself. 32 TD's to 9 INTs. Enough Said

This. This sport is played as a TEAM. If the Cowboys win, it's because they played as a TEAM. If they lose, it's because the TEAM didn't do enough to win. When you lose, the mistakes made by any particular player, especially in a close game, will be under scrutiny. That's the nature of the game. If someone does make a mistake, the rest of the TEAM has to do their part to make sure it doesn't cause them to lose. That's the difference between being a good TEAM, or a great TEAM. Great teams overcome mistakes. Does anybody remember the mistakes made during the mid '90s? Therein lies the difference. Those teams were great because they overcame. We'll see how this team does. I think the Cowboys have done a good job of overcoming mistakes this year so far, and I hope it continues.

Farmersfan
12-30-2014, 09:21 AM

Perhaps I should have said Brees was pressured as much as Romo was but handled it better. And Drew Brees had a 106 QB rating in that game.
Another irony is you put the Vikings loss to the Saint 100% on Bret Favre's shoulders for his mistakes but not Romo's when Bret Favre actually played better than Romo did the previous week. Favre had a 70% rating in the loss to the Saints and Romo had a 66 QB rating against the Vikings. And just going off memory, Favre had 3 turnovrs and Romo had 3 turnovers! And just so you know, Sacks aren't included in QB rating.

Farmersfan
12-30-2014, 10:05 AM
This. This sport is played as a TEAM. If the Cowboys win, it's because they played as a TEAM. If they lose, it's because the TEAM didn't do enough to win. When you lose, the mistakes made by any particular player, especially in a close game, will be under scrutiny. That's the nature of the game. If someone does make a mistake, the rest of the TEAM has to do their part to make sure it doesn't cause them to lose. That's the difference between being a good TEAM, or a great TEAM. Great teams overcome mistakes. Does anybody remember the mistakes made during the mid '90s? Therein lies the difference. Those teams were great because they overcame. We'll see how this team does. I think the Cowboys have done a good job of overcoming mistakes this year so far, and I hope it continues.

I don't really disagree with this. But also there are forced errors and unforced errors. Unforced errors carry a much, much, much higher fault for the outcome of a game. And in my opinion most interceptions by QBs are the pinnacle of unforced errors. No football team has a play in the playbook called throw the ball up for grabs and hope we can get it. Even the jump ball in the endzone requires the QB throw the ball to a spot where the defender doesn't have a good chance at a play. If the defender makes a play and gets an interception then it was a bad throw by the QB. Add in the fact that on almost every play the QB has multiple decisions to make and has many options available to him. He can throw to any one of his 3 or 4 receivers or backs, throw the ball away to try to have success on the next play or take it on himself to run and try to get yards. But throwing the ball to spot where the defense can intercept it is NEVER one of his options..............

Eagle 1
12-30-2014, 10:36 AM
I agree it's a team effort, but when one member of the team is constantly making mistakes then they need to be held accountable. Wouldn't you agree? Like FF pointed out, bad passes by Romo should no way reflect on any other member on the team. I truly hope this is a moot point and we win out. I will be the first one on here to take back my feelings towards Romo. I do agree he is part of the reason we are having success this season. I just hope he doesn't fold in the playoffs.

GrTigers6
12-30-2014, 10:46 AM
I agree it's a team effort, but when one member of the team is constantly making mistakes then they need to be held accountable. Wouldn't you agree? Like FF pointed out, bad passes by Romo should no way reflect on any other member on the team. I truly hope this is a moot point and we win out. I will be the first one on here to take back my feelings towards Romo. I do agree he is part of the reason we are having success this season. I just hope he doesn't fold in the playoffs.Yes I do but very seldom is bad play by one player strictly that players fault. Lets say QB for instance miss fires on a pass. Could be a bad throw or maybe the wrong read but it could also have been the wrong read by the receiver. or wrong route ran. Also if a rb fumbles a handoff was it the fault of the QB or the RB for not being ready. There are so many factors that play a part in this team sport that makes it hard to blame one person. But I will admit there are times where its only the one player ( several fumbles by a RB, or a Qb who is just flat off) but that is very rare. There is usually a reason ( not an excuse)

waterboy
12-30-2014, 11:07 AM
I don't really disagree with this. But also there are forced errors and unforced errors. Unforced errors carry a much, much, much higher fault for the outcome of a game. And in my opinion most interceptions by QBs are the pinnacle of unforced errors. No football team has a play in the playbook called throw the ball up for grabs and hope we can get it. Even the jump ball in the endzone requires the QB throw the ball to a spot where the defender doesn't have a good chance at a play. If the defender makes a play and gets an interception then it was a bad throw by the QB. Add in the fact that on almost every play the QB has multiple decisions to make and has many options available to him. He can throw to any one of his 3 or 4 receivers or backs, throw the ball away to try to have success on the next play or take it on himself to run and try to get yards. But throwing the ball to spot where the defense can intercept it is NEVER one of his options..............

Nobody is perfect. I don't care who you are. You can't expect perfection from any QB, and sometimes the receiver can be at fault, not to mention this IS the NFL where the best of the best DBs play. Mistakes will happen no matter what. The team has to overcome mistakes to be considered great.

I'll be the first to admit Romo has made an abundance of critical mistakes in his career, but at least this year he has a better TEAM around him, which makes him better as a player and less prone to mistakes. I'm pretty sure he will make a mistake here and there. ALL QBs do, I don't care who you are. The TEAM around you is what makes the difference in whether you will be able to overcome them or not. The fact that the Cowboys finally have a good offensive line, a good running game, and a decent defense, has made this team 4 games better than the last 3 seasons. The onus shouldn't be on ONE player when it's a TEAM sport. That's the point.

Macarthur
12-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Nobody is perfect. I don't care who you are. You can't expect perfection from any QB, and sometimes the receiver can be at fault, not to mention this IS the NFL where the best of the best DBs play. Mistakes will happen no matter what. The team has to overcome mistakes to be considered great.

I'll be the first to admit Romo has made an abundance of critical mistakes in his career, but at least this year he has a better TEAM around him, which makes him better as a player and less prone to mistakes. I'm pretty sure he will make a mistake here and there. ALL QBs do, I don't care who you are. The TEAM around you is what makes the difference in whether you will be able to overcome them or not. The fact that the Cowboys finally have a good offensive line, a good running game, and a decent defense, has made this team 4 games better than the last 3 seasons. The onus shouldn't be on ONE player when it's a TEAM sport. That's the point.

Stop coming in here with reason and common sense!

waterboy
12-30-2014, 11:27 AM

:doh: Oops! Sorry! :D

Farmersfan
12-30-2014, 11:52 AM
This team is in this position because mostly of Romo, murray and the defense making plays that we weren't used to seeing them make that closed games out.( a big reason why we were 8-8 last year) Not to mention how dez has stepped up even more this year. It is a group effort which is what Romo needed to be successful because he doesn't have to do it all himself. 32 TD's to 9 INTs. Enough Said

If you look into the stats the only real difference between last season's 8-8 team and this season's 12-4 team has been Tony Romo. People are claiming the O-line and running game is now the best in football! Last season they ran for 4.5 yards per attempt and this season it's 4.6 yards per attempt. Last season they scored a rushing TD every 28 carries and this season they scored a TD every 32 carries! The defense is not any better this season! No stat favors an improvement in the defense except that they got the benefit of a big time of possession swing in Dallas's favor. Number of sacks given up haven't improved that much, yards per rush hasn't improved that much, TDs per rush has actually gotten worse. Last season the offense scored a point every 2.10 offensive plays and this season they scored a point every 2.10 plays. It all boils down to the Time of Possession for the offense and defense. Where does the time of possession improvement come from?

What is the biggest improvement that you guys see?

Farmersfan
12-30-2014, 11:55 AM

Please show how the "team around him" is better?

Farmersfan
12-30-2014, 12:01 PM

The biggest improvement that I see is that Romo has LIMITED those critical mistakes this year. How much different would things look right now if the 3 dropped pick 6's that Romo threw in the last 4 games had actually been caught? I suggest they lose to Philly and Philly doesn't go into their nose dive and ends up winning the division and Dallas doesn't even make the playoffs............................ Very similar to previous season's!

Bullaholic
12-30-2014, 12:05 PM
Please show how the "team around him" is better?

Great googlymoogly, FF---how many top NFL Cowboys stats and awards do you need to read on this years team????

Farmersfan
12-30-2014, 12:06 PM

Excusing a mistake just because "NOBODY IS PERFECT" isn't reason or common sense Mac. Evrybody makes mistakes! But they are STILL mistakes............

Macarthur
12-30-2014, 12:15 PM
Excusing a mistake just because "NOBODY IS PERFECT" isn't reason or common sense Mac. Evrybody makes mistakes! But they are STILL mistakes............

Who said they weren't mistakes. Good grief, I swear you live in bizzaro backwards world. You really do have a weird view of things.

To answer your above question, there are three areas that the Cowboys defense is better:
1. Yards per play is down from 6.1 to 5.8
2. TOP has had a 3 min swing
3. Pts per game down from 27 to 22

A 5 point swing in pts per game is pretty huge.

And to your other question about how this team is better, I will grant you that many of the same players are in place. I think one thing that can not be overlooked is the impact Linehan has had. He has really been good for this offense and for Romo. I've never been a big fan of JG as an offensive coordinator, and I think Romo is really benefiting from Linehan. I think Martin has made the OL better and they have fully committed to running the football. In years past, they had flashes of this good running game, but JG would never fully commit to it.

Looking at those same numbers above for offense:
1. Pts game went from 27 to 29 (not a huge diff, but with the defensive improvement that's a 7 pts a game swing - huge)
2. Yard per play went from 5.7 to 6.0
3. 3rd down % went from 35% to 47% (this is also huge)

So basically, the offense is better and the defense is better so you have a swing of 4 games.

Macarthur
12-30-2014, 12:17 PM
I don't think you can overstate the importance of the 3rd down % improvement. They went from 25th in the league to 2nd.

GrTigers6
12-30-2014, 12:25 PM
If you look into the stats the only real difference between last season's 8-8 team and this season's 12-4 team has been Tony Romo. People are claiming the O-line and running game is now the best in football! Last season they ran for 4.5 yards per attempt and this season it's 4.6 yards per attempt. Last season they scored a rushing TD every 28 carries and this season they scored a TD every 32 carries! The defense is not any better this season! No stat favors an improvement in the defense except that they got the benefit of a big time of possession swing in Dallas's favor. Number of sacks given up haven't improved that much, yards per rush hasn't improved that much, TDs per rush has actually gotten worse. Last season the offense scored a point every 2.10 offensive plays and this season they scored a point every 2.10 plays. It all boils down to the Time of Possession for the offense and defense. Where does the time of possession improvement come from?

What is the biggest improvement that you guys see?
The biggest improvement is Romo not having to run for his life all while having to throw considerably less passes per game. I think he is averaging 25-30 instead of over 40 every game. The running game is better with a healthy Murray and the Oline has established themselves as a threat which helps open the passing game. Not to mention that the defense has for the most part figured out how to close out games with huge stops.

Macarthur
12-30-2014, 12:27 PM
One more point about this year versus last is, remember there were two games last year that were won and they simply crapped the bed - Det & GB. So you could make the arugement that they were very close to a 10 win team last year so they maybe only made a 2 game improvement from last year.

waterboy
12-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Thank you, Macarthur. You saved me a lot of time I don't have, not to mention the effort for a futile attempt to sway somebody who is so cynical. The fact of the matter is, the Cowboys are a better TEAM this year than in the previous 3 years, and it's proven through the W/L record. Linehan has made a huge impact on the offense, and the no name defense is playing much better despite injuries. Injuries were also critical in year's past, but this year's team has overcame them a lot better. I think that has a lot to do with depth, and getting the most out of who they put on the field.

Farmersfan
12-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Who said they weren't mistakes. Good grief, I swear you live in bizzaro backwards world. You really do have a weird view of things.

I could say the same thing about you. And remember your comment earlier about personal attacks? You are better than that! At least I thought you were.

Apparently some of you view the NFL the same way you view lower level sports that consist of amateurs. I don't! I understand there will be mistakes made but I will hold a professional accountable for those mistakes. The same way you guys do in every single avenue of life except when it comes to defending your QB. I don't give other QBs that same scrutiny as I do Tony Romo because I DON'T SUPPORT THOSE OTHER TEAMS! I couldn't care less how many mistakes other QBs make in the NFL. I care about the ones that made in Dallas that hurt the chances of the Dallas Cowboys.

Farmersfan
12-30-2014, 12:36 PM
I don't think you can overstate the importance of the 3rd down % improvement. They went from 25th in the league to 2nd.

I agree! I think this is were I would land in my opinion. Big part of it is better execution on 1st and 2nd which brings up a lot fewer 3rd and longs but also a big part is better play calling from the sideline...

Macarthur
12-30-2014, 12:37 PM
I could say the same thing about you. And remember your comment earlier about personal attacks? You are better than that! At least I thought you were.

Apparently some of you view the NFL the same way you view lower level sports that consist of amateurs. I don't! I understand there will be mistakes made but I will hold a professional accountable for those mistakes. The same way you guys do in every single avenue of life except when it comes to defending your QB. I don't give other QBs that same scrutiny as I do Tony Romo because I DON'T SUPPORT THOSE OTHER TEAMS! I couldn't care less how many mistakes other QBs make in the NFL. I care about the ones that made in Dallas that hurt the chances of the Dallas Cowboys.

I didn't attack you personally. I said your views are bizarro.

And here in lies the problem in having a discussion about romo w you. You offer no perspective from the rest of the league. Yes, romo makes mistakes and sometimes they lose games because of it. But EVERY qb in the league does too! And we have shown over years with DATA that romo actually does that less than many other good qbs. You refuse to accept those facts because you never hold any other qb to the same standards you hold romo

Macarthur
12-30-2014, 12:38 PM
I agree! I think this is were I would land in my opinion. Big part of it is better execution on 1st and 2nd which brings up a lot fewer 3rd and longs but also a big part is better play calling from the sideline...

Yep. Agree.

buff4ever
12-30-2014, 12:44 PM
I am sticking to my once a cowboy belief I have had my whole life. Despite owner and despite qb. Pulling for the Cowboys to win out and get another super bowl for the franchise.

I am literally pulling for Romo to prove me, FF, and Eagle1 wrong every week from here on out. He hasn't really proven anything to this point, because he has played well in small and big games in the past where everything wasn't on the line. He has played well in December this year as well. A huge reason for that may be that he didn't since the pressure he has in Decembers in the past, but I give him credit for the Eagles game in early December. Since then, the pressure has been removed due to the Eagles losing to the skins.

The test for Romo from this point on is to see if he plays at the same level from here on out. Even if we lose, which is very possible in the NFL playoffs, as long as he plays well and doesn't single handedly give the game away, I will not bash him. If I feel that he choked, threw a game losing int, fumbled away our chance at a playoff win; that is when I will not be able to hold back the "We told you sos", "There he is", "once a choker, always a choker", "Never win a Super Bowl with Homo at qb" and on and on.

If he can pull this off, I will happily eat my crow to the many in my family alone that argue on his behalf. But let me make one thing clear, I can say I am wrong when proven wrong, AND WANT HIM TO PROVE ME WRONG, but will never like him. His demeanor and leadership style is so far from anything I like in an athlete, that I can not say I will come around to liking him, but will be able to appreciate him if he can help the cowboys bring home a Super Bowl.

GrTigers6
12-30-2014, 12:49 PM
I am sticking to my once a cowboy belief I have had my whole life. Despite owner and despite qb. Pulling for the Cowboys to win out and get another super bowl for the franchise.

I am literally pulling for Romo to prove me, FF, and Eagle1 wrong every week from here on out. He hasn't really proven anything to this point, because he has played well in small and big games in the past where everything wasn't on the line. He has played well in December this year as well. A huge reason for that may be that he didn't since the pressure he has in Decembers in the past, but I give him credit for the Eagles game in early December. Since then, the pressure has been removed due to the Eagles losing to the skins.

The test for Romo from this point on is to see if he plays at the same level from here on out. Even if we lose, which is very possible in the NFL playoffs, as long as he plays well and doesn't single handedly give the game away, I will not bash him. If I feel that he choked, threw a game losing int, fumbled away our chance at a playoff win; that is when I will not be able to hold back the "We told you sos", "There he is", "once a choker, always a choker", "Never win a Super Bowl with Homo at qb" and on and on.

If he can pull this off, I will happily eat my crow to the many in my family alone that argue on his behalf. But let me make one thing clear, I can say I am wrong when proven wrong, AND WANT HIM TO PROVE ME WRONG, but will never like him. His demeanor and leadership style is so far from anything I like in an athlete, that I can not say I will come around to liking him, but will be able to appreciate him if he can help the cowboys bring home a Super Bowl.
They still had to beat the Colts. And that was a remarkable performance. Seriously 90% completion You never see that anymore

Eagle 1
12-30-2014, 12:53 PM

Bravo. Just to add, you and I are probably the only ones on here who will concede we were wrong about Romo .....IF....he does prove us wrong. Mac and the others are simply not MAN enough to ever admit they are wrong. (typical liberal) It's ok when uses personal attacks on others, and then is such a hypocrite to say he didn't even when it is written in black and white.
So again I ask, any disclaimers before the game? Our team has clearly improved in all aspects of the game, hopefully that includes the qb position as well in the playoffs.

Macarthur
12-30-2014, 12:54 PM
...but will never like him.

This is pretty much what it boils down to for many folks. For what ever reason, he rubbed some folks wrong and they can't get past that.

Bullaholic
12-30-2014, 12:54 PM

Farmer. I think you want the Cowboys to win so badly that you get a little rabid now and then, and that is not all bad (except for us :D) ---but please know this---these Cowboys are poised to make their best run in 14 years and Tony Romo has undeniably been a big part of that, and I think because of the rise in performance of the entire team and his health improvement, that he should be able to continue good game performance in the playoffs and deliver. This could be the first Cowboy year in a long time which has a chance for all of us---young and old Cowboy fans-- to have something to restore our lost confidences and remove our frustrations, even if they don't make it to the SB. The Cowboy future is a lot brighter---let it shine---Go Cowboys!

Macarthur
12-30-2014, 12:55 PM
Bravo. Just to add, you and I are probably the only ones on here who will concede we were wrong about Romo .....IF....he does prove us wrong. Mac and the others are simply not MAN enough to ever admit they are wrong. (typical liberal) It's ok when uses personal attacks on others, and then is such a hypocrite to say he didn't even when it is written in black and white.
So again I ask, any disclaimers before the game? Our team has clearly improved in all aspects of the game, hopefully that includes the qb position as well in the playoffs.

I did not make a personal attack. You need to learn the diff.

And stop with the silly liberal crap. It's shallow.

I've admitted when Romo has been bad. You are simply wrong.

GrTigers6
12-30-2014, 12:56 PM
:vrycnfsd:

Eagle 1
12-30-2014, 12:58 PM
I did not make a personal attack. You need to learn the diff.

And stop with the silly liberal crap. It's shallow.

I've admitted when Romo has been bad. You are simply wrong.

Show me one post.

Macarthur
12-30-2014, 01:02 PM
Show me one post.

This was the first game of the season. It took me about 90 seconds to find this. You make it real hard to not make personal attacks.....:foul:

09-08-2014, 06:26 AM #37
All-American
Macarthur's Avatar Join Date
Oct 2004
No excuses. He was bad.

Eagle 1
12-30-2014, 01:05 PM
This was the first game of the season. It took me about 90 seconds to find this. You make it real hard to not make personal attacks.....:foul:

09-08-2014, 06:26 AM #37
All-American
Macarthur's Avatar Join Date
Oct 2004
No excuses. He was bad.

I'm sure it didn't take you long to find that ONE post because of the pain it must have caused you to type it. LOL ...LOL....LOL.

buff4ever
12-30-2014, 01:12 PM
This is pretty much what it boils down to for many folks. For what ever reason, he rubbed some folks wrong and they can't get past that.

He didn't rub me in any way, I just don't like him. He doesn't strike me as a leader, he at times hasn't struck me as someone that really cares. And I know he cares, but the way he deals with tough situations by acting like he doesn't, is an unacceptable way of leading.

I can get past my comments of saying he can't get it done under pressure, and admit he did, WHEN HE DOES (hasn't yet). But once again, I will not ever be forced to like him or his leadership style. If I were upper management with the cowboys, I would have never given him the contract to lead this team, I would have given him a contract to open the leadership position up to someone else on the team that has better leadership characteristics.

Macarthur
12-30-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm sure it didn't take you long to find that ONE post because of the pain it must have caused you to type it. LOL ...LOL....LOL.

So are you going to be man enough to admit you are wrong?

Eagle 1
12-30-2014, 02:10 PM
So are you going to be man enough to admit you are wrong?

Wrong about what?
I told you to show me one post that you blamed Romo, and you did.
See how that works? This is exactly how you would twist somebody's post to fit your own agenda.

Now I could go back the past 4-5 years and show you numerous post you have made on here where you blamed everybody on the team for Romo's shortcomings, but that would be a waste of my time since you know what was written. Like I said from the onset, I hope I'm wrong and the Cowboys win at least an NFC championship. Until then, I'm not holding my breath with Romo taking the snaps. And yes, he is the best we have, so hopefully he will #FinishtheFight.
BTW, nobody labeled Romo as a choker except Romo himself. Only he can remove that label.

Macarthur
12-30-2014, 02:40 PM
Bravo. Mac and the others are simply not MAN enough to ever admit they are wrong. .

See. You were wrong. In black and white, as you say.

Eagle 1
12-30-2014, 02:42 PM
See. You were wrong. In black and white, as you say.

Your clueless, as you say.

regaleagle
12-30-2014, 03:19 PM
I reckon this Romo debate will not abate until Romo leads the Cowboys to another SuperBowl win. The rest is just window dressing to keep us feeling "involved" and attached to the Cowboys.....which in reality we are not. We are no more attached than the regular fanbases of other NFL playoff teams, and certainly have no meaningful imput that has any direct effect on the team and/or organization. I will enjoy this weekend watching the games and will be pulling for Romo and the 'Boys to put the whack attack on the Lions with the utmost of fervor a fan can garner. Beyond that, there's not much else any fan can do, really. HOW 'BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!!

Farmersfan
12-30-2014, 04:21 PM
I didn't attack you personally. I said your views are bizarro.

And here in lies the problem in having a discussion about romo w you. You offer no perspective from the rest of the league. Yes, romo makes mistakes and sometimes they lose games because of it. But EVERY qb in the league does too! And we have shown over years with DATA that romo actually does that less than many other good qbs. You refuse to accept those facts because you never hold any other qb to the same standards you hold romo

No you actually said I live in a weird bizarro world! You also said I have weird view of things. But that doesn't bother me because you have also shown for years you have no ability to have your opinion changed. You do EXACTLY what i do yet it's me who has the problem?

I have offered the perspective of the rest of the league a million times Mac. The "REST OF THE LEAGUE" voted Romo most overrated player in the entire NFL TWICE!!!!!! Yet you disagree with them! There are Youtube videos of defensive players saying in interviews they love playing against Romo because "He will always throw them the ball". yet you disagree with them too! I have also shown you manipulated stats that show Romo in a completely different light than the manipulated stats you use. Just a few months ago I showed you how Romo was in the bottom of the league in interceptions in the last 4 minutes of the game if the team was within a single score. Yet you ignore all those in favor of the ones that support him. We will NEVER agree on this subject. The only thing we can agree on is that so far in his career Romo has proved me right. He has repeatedly choked in big games where a playoff spot was on the line. Remember a couple of weeks ago where I showed he had 6 games where either a playoff spot or improvement of playoff position was on the line and his BEST QB rating in those games was in the 60's? His only good QB job in the playoffs was against Philly in 09' but he followed that up with his piece of crap against the vikings. He actually didn't play bad per sei against Seattle in 06' but then screwed the pooch on the easiest play in football. I hope Romo proves me wrong! If he does I will admit he is a championship caliber QB. I admitted I was wrong about Dirk (even though the rest of the team actually carried him to a championship) and I will admit it about Romo if he simply plays a great game and loses.
Let me ask you! If Romo crap the bed on Sunday and Dallas loses will you then admit you might have been wrong all this time? I already know the answer but wanted to hear it from you.

Farmersfan
12-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Farmer. I think you want the Cowboys to win so badly that you get a little rabid now and then, and that is not all bad (except for us :D) ---but please know this---these Cowboys are poised to make their best run in 14 years and Tony Romo has undeniably been a big part of that, and I think because of the rise in performance of the entire team and his health improvement, that he should be able to continue good game performance in the playoffs and deliver. This could be the first Cowboy year in a long time which has a chance for all of us---young and old Cowboy fans-- to have something to restore our lost confidences and remove our frustrations, even if they don't make it to the SB. The Cowboy future is a lot brighter---let it shine---Go Cowboys!

Uh, I know the point you are making and agree with most of it. But let's not forget there have been points in the past when Dallas was sitting even prettier than they are now. In 2007 Dallas was 13-3 in the regular season and had beaten the Giants TWICE with a 128 and a 123 QB rating from Romo. then in the 1st round of the playoffs Romo crapped a 64 rating to lose to the Giants who then won a Superbowl. Dallas was clearly the better team and their QB pissed it away. There is a long, long, long history of Romo doing this regardless of what some of the others say. If Dallas loses on Sunday and Romo has a QB rating below the 60's it will once again prove him as a choker................... I hope I am wrong!

Farmersfan
12-30-2014, 04:42 PM
I reckon this Romo debate will not abate until Romo leads the Cowboys to another SuperBowl win. The rest is just window dressing to keep us feeling "involved" and attached to the Cowboys.....which in reality we are not. We are no more attached than the regular fanbases of other NFL playoff teams, and certainly have no meaningful imput that has any direct effect on the team and/or organization. I will enjoy this weekend watching the games and will be pulling for Romo and the 'Boys to put the whack attack on the Lions with the utmost of fervor a fan can garner. Beyond that, there's not much else any fan can do, really. HOW 'BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!!

I just hope the Cowboys put up a good fight. A win would be great! But I really don't want to continue with this stupid debate when it's so obvious to so many people. I really hope they don't go down in a burning pile rubble led by a 50 QB rating from their 18 million a year franchise QB who has convinced half the world he is a overrated hack who chokes away the most important games......... AGAIN!!!!!!!!! :wave:

GrTigers6
12-30-2014, 06:45 PM
Uh, I know the point you are making and agree with most of it. But let's not forget there have been points in the past when Dallas was sitting even prettier than they are now. In 2007 Dallas was 13-3 in the regular season and had beaten the Giants TWICE with a 128 and a 123 QB rating from Romo. then in the 1st round of the playoffs Romo crapped a 64 rating to lose to the Giants who then won a Superbowl. Dallas was clearly the better team and their QB pissed it away. There is a long, long, long history of Romo doing this regardless of what some of the others say. If Dallas loses on Sunday and Romo has a QB rating below the 60's it will once again prove him as a choker................... I hope I am wrong!That game was exactly opposite of this one because the cowboys started resting players in week 16 and they were flat. It was not all Romo. You had several dropped passes by the receivers and the defense didnt play well either

Deuce
12-30-2014, 08:26 PM
So let me get this straight.... Seems like most of the people on this thread want the Cowboys to win this weekend but are covering their A$$ in case he screws it up so they can get on here and bash him! That pretty close?

Eagle 1
12-30-2014, 08:57 PM
So let me get this straight.... Seems like most of the people on this thread want the Cowboys to win this weekend but are covering their A$$ in case he screws it up so they can get on here and bash him! That pretty close?

Or....they want the Cowboys to win, but they have ran out of excuses to defend Romo if he turns the ball over (especially at critical times) and loses the game.

Macarthur
12-31-2014, 12:22 AM
No you actually said I live in a weird bizarro world! You also said I have weird view of things.

I did not personally attack you. I let my post speak for itself.

But that doesn't bother me because you have also shown for years you have no ability to have your opinion changed. You do EXACTLY what i do yet it's me who has the problem?

Wow. Pot, kettle calling.

I have offered the perspective of the rest of the league a million times Mac. The "REST OF THE LEAGUE" voted Romo most overrated player in the entire NFL TWICE!!!!!! Yet you disagree with them!

You're right. Forgive me if I don't buy into what amounts to a jr high level popularity contest. Those polls are a joke and you know it.

There are Youtube videos of defensive players saying in interviews they love playing against Romo because "He will always throw them the ball". yet you disagree with them too! I have also shown you manipulated stats that show Romo in a completely different light than the manipulated stats you use. Just a few months ago I showed you how Romo was in the bottom of the league in interceptions in the last 4 minutes of the game if the team was within a single score. Yet you ignore all those in favor of the ones that support him. We will NEVER agree on this subject. The only thing we can agree on is that so far in his career Romo has proved me right. He has repeatedly choked in big games where a playoff spot was on the line. Remember a couple of weeks ago where I showed he had 6 games where either a playoff spot or improvement of playoff position was on the line and his BEST QB rating in those games was in the 60's? His only good QB job in the playoffs was against Philly in 09' but he followed that up with his piece of crap against the vikings. He actually didn't play bad per sei against Seattle in 06' but then screwed the pooch on the easiest play in football. I hope Romo proves me wrong! If he does I will admit he is a championship caliber QB. I admitted I was wrong about Dirk (even though the rest of the team actually carried him to a championship) and I will admit it about Romo if he simply plays a great game and loses.
Let me ask you! If Romo crap the bed on Sunday and Dallas loses will you then admit you might have been wrong all this time? I already know the answer but wanted to hear it from you.

We've been round and round this tree. I've addressed your precious stat that you keep clinging to like linus' blanket.

I'm not going to waste my time or energy doing it again. My posts are there for the searching.

I think your point about the rest of the team carrying dirk shows that you have a very bizarre view of sports and especially the franchise type players. You really think dirk was carried? Incredible.

Farmersfan
12-31-2014, 09:45 AM
That game was exactly opposite of this one because the cowboys started resting players in week 16 and they were flat. It was not all Romo. You had several dropped passes by the receivers and the defense didnt play well either

For the season in 2007 the Giants averaged 23 points a game through 16 games. They beat Dallas with 21 points. The Giants offense managed only a total of 230 yards in the entire game compared to Dallas with 336 total yards. Dallas had 23 first downs compared to the Giant's 16! The Cowboys beat the Giants pretty bad in every single category except the one that Romo controls. Dallas had the ball with 1:50 left in the game at the Giants 23 yard line with a score of 21-17 in favor of the Giants. Romo goes incomplete pass, incomplete pass, interception!!!!!!!!! Was that 2 dropped passes and a wrong route by the receiver?? LOL

Farmersfan
12-31-2014, 09:48 AM
That game was exactly opposite of this one because the cowboys started resting players in week 16 and they were flat. It was not all Romo. You had several dropped passes by the receivers and the defense didnt play well either

BTW: Was this the game where Romo went to Mexico with Jessica Simpson instead of staying home and studying film???? Why yes I believe it was! :mad:

GrTigers6
12-31-2014, 10:28 AM
For the season in 2007 the Giants averaged 23 points a game through 16 games. They beat Dallas with 21 points. The Giants offense managed only a total of 230 yards in the entire game compared to Dallas with 336 total yards. Dallas had 23 first downs compared to the Giant's 16! The Cowboys beat the Giants pretty bad in every single category except the one that Romo controls. Dallas had the ball with 1:50 left in the game at the Giants 23 yard line with a score of 21-17 in favor of the Giants. Romo goes incomplete pass, incomplete pass, interception!!!!!!!!! Was that 2 dropped passes and a wrong route by the receiver?? LOL
One of those dropped passes was to a wide open reciever that would have scored from 80 yards out. And I didn't say that romo was perfect the whole team looked flat they couldn't stop anyone when they needed to and couldn't move the ball. If I remember correctly there were several bonehead penalties such as false starts. A QB can get the ball where it's supposed to be but without someone to catch it it is merely a incompletion. Yes romo threw a pic that ended their chances but there were several chances to win that other players blew as well

waterboy
12-31-2014, 10:43 AM
One of those dropped passes was to a wide open reciever that would have scored from 80 yards out. And I didn't say that romo was perfect the whole team looked flat they couldn't stop anyone when they needed to and couldn't move the ball. If I remember correctly there were several bonehead penalties such as false starts. A QB can get the ball where it's supposed to be but without someone to catch it it is merely a incompletion. Yes romo threw a pic that ended their chances but there were several chances to win that other players blew as well

It's okay. Football is a TEAM sport everywhere except in Dallas. Only Romo makes mistakes...:rolleyes:

GrTigers6
12-31-2014, 10:47 AM
BTW: Was this the game where Romo went to Mexico with Jessica Simpson instead of staying home and studying film???? Why yes I believe it was! :mad: oh and I would have gone to Mexico too if Jessica Simpson asked me! Lol

full circle
12-31-2014, 11:37 AM
best post yet tiger6!! I second that!

Farmersfan
12-31-2014, 11:52 AM

Dude, come on! Give it a rest! Romo's 64 QB rating in that game was due primarily to his poor decisions and poor execution throughout the entire game. One dropped pass didn't do that to him. (and you can't claim it would have went 80 yards and scored a td.) His completion percentage was 15% lower in that game than his average! His Yards per completion was 3 yards lower in that game than his season average! His total passing yards were 75 yards lower in that game than his average! And his QB rating was 30 points lower than his season average. Face it, he screwed the pooch!!!!

GrTigers6
12-31-2014, 11:58 AM
Dude, come on! Give it a rest! Romo's 64 QB rating in that game was due primarily to his poor decisions and poor execution throughout the entire game. One dropped pass didn't do that to him. (and you can't claim it would have went 80 yards and scored a td.) His completion percentage was 15% lower in that game than his average! His Yards per completion was 3 yards lower in that game than his season average! His total passing yards were 75 yards lower in that game than his average! And his QB rating was 30 points lower than his season average. Face it, he screwed the pooch!!!!well if he didn't score from 80 yards out he would of had to trip because he was wide open. And I never said romo played well. I just said it wasn't all his fault

Farmersfan
12-31-2014, 12:27 PM
well if he didn't score from 80 yards out he would of had to trip because he was wide open. And I never said romo played well. I just said it wasn't all his fault

Question GrTigers6: Does Dallas win that game if Romo plays well? END OF DEBATE!
And before you claim they also win if some of the other players had played well let me remind you the receiver who dropped the TD pass no longer plays here! That other receiver who fumbled once no longer plays here! Any of the O-linemen who missed blocks in that game NO LONGER PLAYS HERE! No person on that team who had even the slightest hand in that loss still plays here. EXCEPT 1.....................Can you guess who I'm referring to?

Disclaimer: Witten was on that team but i don't remember him making any game changing mistakes.

GrTigers6
12-31-2014, 02:51 PM
Question GrTigers6: Does Dallas win that game if Romo plays well? END OF DEBATE!
And before you claim they also win if some of the other players had played well let me remind you the receiver who dropped the TD pass no longer plays here! That other receiver who fumbled once no longer plays here! Any of the O-linemen who missed blocks in that game NO LONGER PLAYS HERE! No person on that team who had even the slightest hand in that loss still plays here. EXCEPT 1.....................Can you guess who I'm referring to?

Disclaimer: Witten was on that team but i don't remember him making any game changing mistakes. Yeah the best QB the Cowboys have had since Aikman. Enough Said:1popcorn::D
Oh and the only QB to ever have a 133.7 passer rating in December. So you tell me what helped his play. Exactly having talent around him! Ok im out for the day Have a safe and Happy New Year. Even you Farmersfan!:2thumbsup

buff4ever
12-31-2014, 03:17 PM
I hate romo, I don't trust him. But I am pulling for him. Let's discontinue the bashing and arguing we have done over him for years, atleast until we know if he can play well in the playoffs this year or not. If he plays well this year, I can personally agree to disagree on aspects of his game and character, but admit that he finally got it done.

I will add, that it is because we finally are putting the majority of the weight on the line and murray, rather than romo. That is probably the reason for the success we are having. I think he plays better when the pressure is off of him, and on someone else. Which is why I have been disappointed that we gave him so much money. I wasn't happy but understand all of the excuses for why management was afraid to go after someone else for qb, but was furious when they threw so much money at him that could have went to other areas of concern. The areas all you ROMO lovers were complaining about for so many years. It isn't like Romo was gonna go somewhere else for more money. I actually have never heard in all these years, there be a concern that someone else would pay or even WANT romo. Other than half of the cowboy fan base, no one has ever really believed he was worth much, or worth putting the franchise in his hands.

He has a chance to change that perception this year, good luck to him and us.

regaleagle
12-31-2014, 04:08 PM
I hate romo, I don't trust him. But I am pulling for him. Let's discontinue the bashing and arguing we have done over him for years, atleast until we know if he can play well in the playoffs this year or not. If he plays well this year, I can personally agree to disagree on aspects of his game and character, but admit that he finally got it done.

I will add, that it is because we finally are putting the majority of the weight on the line and murray, rather than romo. That is probably the reason for the success we are having. I think he plays better when the pressure is off of him, and on someone else. Which is why I have been disappointed that we gave him so much money. I wasn't happy but understand all of the excuses for why management was afraid to go after someone else for qb, but was furious when they threw so much money at him that could have went to other areas of concern. The areas all you ROMO lovers were complaining about for so many years. It isn't like Romo was gonna go somewhere else for more money. I actually have never heard in all these years, there be a concern that someone else would pay or even WANT romo. Other than half of the cowboy fan base, no one has ever really believed he was worth much, or worth putting the franchise in his hands.

I would think there are lots of NFL teams that would be interested in Tony Romo for a premium price.....like the Browns, for example. What about the Jets, Buffalo, Tampa, and the list goes on. Don't fool yourself into thinking Romo is not worth his salt in the NFL.....he is! If he wasn't, the Cowboys would not be 12-4 this season....end of story. Without a quality passing qb in this league, you will not even make the playoffs.

Farmersfan
12-31-2014, 04:29 PM

I agree! I would love to be able to get back on the Romo bandwagon like I was before he so rudely kicked me off it! I'll keep my fingers crossed! Although what i expect to happen is for Romo to have a very mediocre game with no real plays made to help his team overcome that awesome defense! Probably 2 or 3 third down plays where Romo smells imaginary pressure from somewhere and falls to the ground or (God forbide) one of his pick 6's! Then next week the Romosexuals will be talking about how he didn't have enough help around him........... Have a great holiday everyone!

Farmersfan
12-31-2014, 04:32 PM
I would think there are lots of NFL teams that would be interested in Tony Romo for a premium price.....like the Browns, for example. What about the Jets, Buffalo, Tampa, and the list goes on. Don't fool yourself into thinking Romo is not worth his salt in the NFL.....he is! If he wasn't, the Cowboys would not be 12-4 this season....end of story. Without a quality passing qb in this league, you will not even make the playoffs.

I think there are a lot of mediocre teams in the NFL that would take Romo. Can you think of a single consistent competitor who would take Romo? The only team in the playoffs right now that might consider Romo is Arizona and that is because they are playing a 4th stringer..........

Farmersfan
12-31-2014, 04:34 PM
Yeah the best QB the Cowboys have had since Aikman. Enough Said:1popcorn::D

Isn't this like being the smartest person on the short bus? :)

BwdLion73
12-31-2014, 08:03 PM
Isn't this like being the smartest person on the short bus? :)

Look out! ... your adding the short bus rider's to your hit list. ;)

1st and goal
12-31-2014, 09:38 PM
I sure was hoping that Suh was suspended. I wish I could've been a fly on the wall of that meeting where he appealed and they let him off the hook.

I think the guy is a Big Richard and deserves a year off. What he does on the field is criminal and he deserves jail time.

I think Romo has a history of choking and it is due to the "Blonde de jour" theory IMO. Hope for the 'boys sake he pulls it out.

Farmersfan
01-02-2015, 09:21 AM
I'm a bit disturbed by the change in routine for the 'boys! The recent weather has forced them to go indoors to a high school facility to practice. The flashes shown on TV were of a bunch of grab assers laughing and cutting up. Am I too critical? Maybe, but I would prefer they be in their normal routine and that they show intensity and concentration rather than this laid back and carefree attitude............ maybe just me! But I think think this is exactly like the Romo trip to Mexico several years ago. If they come out and play inspired great football nobody will care where they practiced or how they acted the week before. but if they come out and play poorly and show a lack of intensity then people will blame the "trip to Mexico" so to speak! And they might not be wrong for doing so!

Opinions?

Emerson1
01-02-2015, 11:46 AM
The media is only allowed in for practice during a certain time and for a short time. Usually while players are making there way to the field and just starting to warm up. So absolutely nothing important gameplan wise is happening as they don't want it being filmed.

Sounds like you are just looking for a reason to be classic negative nancy Farmersfan.

Farmersfan
01-05-2015, 03:29 PM
The media is only allowed in for practice during a certain time and for a short time. Usually while players are making there way to the field and just starting to warm up. So absolutely nothing important gameplan wise is happening as they don't want it being filmed.

Sounds like you are just looking for a reason to be classic negative nancy Farmersfan.

At least for the 1st half of that game the Cowboys were uninspired and unmotivated..... maybe the lack of intensity that "negative nancy farmersfan" told you about had something to do with it.................

Farmersfan
01-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Now who is putting up strawmen? Here is a logical and reasonable measuring stick for you to consider. Detroit scores 20 points a game on average and the Dallas defense gives up 22 a game on average. If you averaged these totals the target point total for the Detroit offense from a Dallas defense perspective would be 21 points. Anything below that is a credit to the defense and anything above that would go against the defense. (except of course any point given by the Dallas offense) On the other hand the Dallas offense averages 30 points a game and the Detroit defense gives up 18 points a game on average. Dallas offensive point total should be about 24 points. Anything scored above that is a credit to the Dallas offense and anything scored below that goes against the offense. I actually think the magic number is 20 points. Detroit has only won twice all season after giving up 20 points or more and they only average 14 points a game against .500 teams or better. So if Romo can play even a semi-good game and the defense can limit Detroit to less than 20, Dallas better win the game!

:):):):wave: