PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever dealt with lower deltoid strain?

toddg
12-24-2014, 03:27 PM
oldest son dealing with it right now, just wondering if anyone here has suggestions about treatment

orange machine
12-24-2014, 09:33 PM
oldest son dealing with it right now, just wondering if anyone here has suggestions about treatment

I don't know anything about that but I've got some serious sciatica pain going on. There are times I can't walk or get up because it hurts so bad. My entire right side from top of butt cheek down the back of my leg to my calf is in constant pain. I tried to get out of bed the other night and screamed bloody murder it hurt so bad lol. I'm hopefully going to get to go to the chiropractor next week.

movethechain
12-24-2014, 11:57 PM
I don't know anything about that but I've got some serious sciatica pain going on. There are times I can't walk or get up because it hurts so bad. My entire right side from top of butt cheek down the back of my leg to my calf is in constant pain. I tried to get out of bed the other night and screamed bloody murder it hurt so bad lol. I'm hopefully going to get to go to the chiropractor next week.

I just got over sciatica on my right side 2 months ago. It took 2 months to run it's course. Nothing but sitting on ice packs gave me relief and as soon as I tried to get up the pain was almost unbearable again. Over-the-counter pain relievers did nothing, nor did stretching. Just had to wait it out and had the same symptoms you note. My pain toward the last couple of weeks would move to primarily outside of thigh, then to calf, then maybe up to hip. I also had the outside of my right foot numb the whole time, but once the pain went away, so did the numbness. I did it to myself while moving stuff out in my shop. I bent down to set something on the floor and straightened back up and stepped backwards into the corner of a piece of machinery and the corner deeply bruised and severely aggravated the nerve in my hip. There were days that first week that I could barely walk and did not want to sit down and have to git back up. Once the pain decides to leave, it is gone pretty quick. With all that said, I also know nothing about a deltoid strain, sorry.

defense51
12-25-2014, 01:35 AM
TMI Sports Medicine in Arlington- text me if you want the #.

orange machine
12-25-2014, 09:18 PM
I just got over sciatica on my right side 2 months ago. It took 2 months to run it's course. Nothing but sitting on ice packs gave me relief and as soon as I tried to get up the pain was almost unbearable again. Over-the-counter pain relievers did nothing, nor did stretching. Just had to wait it out and had the same symptoms you note. My pain toward the last couple of weeks would move to primarily outside of thigh, then to calf, then maybe up to hip. I also had the outside of my right foot numb the whole time, but once the pain went away, so did the numbness. I did it to myself while moving stuff out in my shop. I bent down to set something on the floor and straightened back up and stepped backwards into the corner of a piece of machinery and the corner deeply bruised and severely aggravated the nerve in my hip. There were days that first week that I could barely walk and did not want to sit down and have to git back up. Once the pain decides to leave, it is gone pretty quick. With all that said, I also know nothing about a deltoid strain, sorry.

Man I hear you its gosh darn awful. I've been dealing with this for about 2 months or so, but it seems to be getting worse. There are times the pain seems to just move along that nerve then there are times it hurts from my lower back to my foot all at once. I've had bad back pain before, but nothing like this.

movethechain
12-25-2014, 10:15 PM
Man I hear you its gosh darn awful. I've been dealing with this for about 2 months or so, but it seems to be getting worse. There are times the pain seems to just move along that nerve then there are times it hurts from my lower back to my foot all at once. I've had bad back pain before, but nothing like this.

I had read about 2 months being the normal time frame for it to stop the hurt. Hope it gets better for you soon.

regaleagle
12-25-2014, 10:24 PM
Lower Deltroid Strain.....sounds like a suburb of Gilmer to me.

regaleagle
12-25-2014, 10:50 PM
Or maybe just some sort of disease they get out in East Texas, haha.

movethechain
12-25-2014, 11:19 PM
Or maybe just some sort of disease they get out in East Texas, haha.

Probably nothing a radioactive prune couldn't cure. :thumbsup:

slingshot
12-26-2014, 12:00 AM
Rx: Rest, Ice, NSAIDS. Repeat. That will be $20 for your copay. Thank you. NEXT!

buckeyebob
12-26-2014, 07:44 AM

Find a good orthopedic surgeon that specializes in backs...fought the battle several times...after 2 months, it is time...never do regret it

Rabid Cougar
12-26-2014, 10:50 AM
Drink water and take a knee.

44INAROW
12-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Find a good orthopedic surgeon that specializes in backs...fought the battle several times...after 2 months, it is time...never do regret it

Headed to my orthopedic surgeon in Houston Monday. Been putting off surgery for 10+ years. After the last 2 months.. I've pretty much decided to get it done. We will see what he says. Haven't had an MRI in 18 months. Pretty sure I will have to have another one then dr will decide. I trust him 100%. He did my husband's cervical fusion In 1998 and it was a complete success. I'm sure we will have to play the insurance company game and try this and that and then eventually have the surgery.. Such a farce...

Thankfully the $$$ spent on my oldest son's PT degree will come in handy😜

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

toddg
12-26-2014, 05:48 PM
Rx: Rest, Ice, NSAIDS. Repeat. That will be $20 for your copay. Thank you. NEXT!check is in the mail..thanks Slingshot!!

slingshot
12-27-2014, 01:43 PM
check is in the mail..thanks Slingshot!!Just donate it to the downlow!