PDA

View Full Version : If You Are a HS Football Fan You Must Go To The UIL Championships

Matthew328
12-21-2014, 05:08 PM
It's a pilgrimage you've got to make..its getting better and better every year...You've got a year to plan....make it happen its outstanding

pirate4state
12-21-2014, 09:31 PM
Totally agree. We were lucky this year with 5 outstanding games in a row. Can't wait for August!

lostaussie
12-21-2014, 09:32 PM
I only watched 2. Don't think I could stand any more!!

regaleagle
12-22-2014, 07:30 AM
I only watched 2. Don't think I could stand any more!!

Yep, I was sitting in the lower section amongst the Gimerites in the first game, and it was kinda tense there for awhile. WOS played a pretty darn good game, but couldn't quite keep it going the whole game. An exciting game anyways.

Aesculus gilmus
12-22-2014, 08:54 AM
Yep, I was sitting in the lower section amongst the Gimerites in the first game

You left out one letter. It's "Glimerites." This is Glimer's first state championship, BTW.

Rabid Cougar
12-22-2014, 09:29 AM
Totally agree. We were lucky this year with 5 outstanding games in a row. Can't wait for August!

I thought Number 4 was the best! Go oYe!

AggiesAreWe
12-22-2014, 10:20 AM
When it's moved to NRG, then I will go.

Sweetwater Red
12-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Based on previous history when can we expect the announcement for next year's site? Anyone
have a guess? I'd bet my money on it continuing to be held at AT&T Stadium for the foreseeable
future.

pirate4state
12-22-2014, 11:12 AM
You are missing out. NRG doesn't hold a candle to AT&T Stadium!

AggiesAreWe
12-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Been to AT&T. Decided never to go back again. Just cannot see myself contributing to Jethro anymore.

Rabid Cougar
12-22-2014, 12:04 PM

NRG's natural grass stand up to 10 games in three days????

YTBulldogs
12-22-2014, 12:18 PM
NRG's natural grass stand up to 10 games in three days????

They have field turf now. They use real grass and ability for field turf too.

Rabid Cougar
12-22-2014, 12:20 PM
They have field turf now. They use real grass and ability for field turf too.

Cool!

I still vote for the Death Star. Much easier to get to.

YTBulldogs
12-22-2014, 12:24 PM
I don't think we will see state games leave Arlington for many years. Jerry will not allow it to leave. He'll make the deal too sweet for UIL to pass up. He is making a killing. Plus, he is offering the viewing public something too good to pass up. More attended this year (overall) than last year. And, came close to setting another single game attendance record. Just 2k short of that.

Also, not sure Hou/SA is that excited to really host these games. Yet. Still non-believers of this event and what it will bring in.

toddg
12-22-2014, 02:18 PM
I don't think we will see state games leave Arlington for many years. Jerry will not allow it to leave. He'll make the deal too sweet for UIL to pass up. He is making a killing. Plus, he is offering the viewing public something too good to pass up. More attended this year (overall) than last year. And, came close to setting another single game attendance record. Just 2k short of that.

Also, not sure Hou/SA is that excited to really host these games. Yet. Still non-believers of this event and what it will bring in.
SA is the most logical and fan friendly if it were to ever leave Arlington.

Sweetwater Red
12-22-2014, 02:26 PM
SA is the most logical and fan friendly if it were to ever leave Arlington.

Not sure what context you are using the term fan friendly but I wouldn't use it to describe the people
that work games at the Alamodome. They aren't friendly at all and are almost as rude as those that
work games at Ratliffe Stadium in Odessa.

buckeyebob
12-22-2014, 02:34 PM
Can you get to San Antonio from East Texas...I do not think so.

toddg
12-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Can you get to San Antonio from East Texas...I do not think so.Davy Crockett somehow managed it on his final journey..

YTBulldogs
12-22-2014, 03:50 PM
SA would not be a good pick. Not till they do some major upgrades and the parking situation would be a nightmare. I once thought SA would be great, until my last 3 trips north. Based on attendance, I'm not alone. Very fan friendly and all go out of their way to ensure they maintain these Championships stay based in Arlington IMO.

waterboy
12-22-2014, 03:59 PM
There's absolutely no venue out there that compares to AT&T Stadium. They have the best facilities period. I would hate to see them move them.

toddg
12-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Not sure what context you are using the term fan friendly but I wouldn't use it to describe the people
that work games at the Alamodome. They aren't friendly at all and are almost as rude as those that

SA would not be a good pick. Not till they do some major upgrades and the parking situation would be a nightmare. I once thought SA would be great, until my last 3 trips north. Based on attendance, I'm not alone. Very fan friendly and all go out of their way to ensure they maintain these Championships stay based in Arlington IMO.
i know, i know...just sentimental to the Alamo and to the Immortal 30 from Gonzalas..the only answer to Col.Travis call for help.

pirate4state
12-22-2014, 05:29 PM
I think it is an absolute BLAST for those players and would hate for them to miss out on that opportunity. Friday & Saturday games were awesome and totally worth the $30 in tickets and $20 in parking. You can eat before you get there if you don't want to spend all that money on concession items, but it is so hard when everyone else is eating and it is all GOOD stuff!!! I did notice they went up in price for stuff. The chicken tenderloins & fries are totally worth the $10. The soda ($6) & water ($5) situation sucks though.

Matthew328
12-22-2014, 07:25 PM
I think it is an absolute BLAST for those players and would hate for them to miss out on that opportunity. Friday & Saturday games were awesome and totally worth the $30 in tickets and $20 in parking. You can eat before you get there if you don't want to spend all that money on concession items, but it is so hard when everyone else is eating and it is all GOOD stuff!!! I did notice they went up in price for stuff. The chicken tenderloins & fries are totally worth the $10. The soda ($6) & water ($5) situation sucks though.

You should have called me I would have given you free soda from the pressbox lol

The staff at AT&T is much friendlier than at the Alamodome...havent experienced NRG but I've heard they are closer to the Alamodome than AT&T

pirate4state
12-23-2014, 08:10 PM
Matt I don't have your #

regaleagle
12-28-2014, 01:32 PM
I had the barbque on a bun.....$10. The waters are the most out of whack cost, though.....and sodas. Everything seems to be in multiples of $5.

Ville-D
12-29-2014, 02:18 PM
Matt I don't have your #

#1...

buckeyebob
12-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Davy Crockett somehow managed it on his final journey..

Duh...he was from Tennessee...

toddg
12-29-2014, 06:17 PM
Duh...he was from Tennessee...
Yeah, I know.. But he passed through Nac and east Texas on his way to San Antonio De Bexar..
Davy, Davy Crockett..King of the wild frontier..

rb585
01-03-2015, 12:05 PM

Yep, I quit going to the Alamodome because their workers are such idiots.

It's also not centrally located at all when you consider that far South Texas basically never has teams playing in State.

Emerson1
01-05-2015, 01:01 PM

Gotta sneak it bottles! Even if they are empty you can go refill in a sink.

Yep, I quit going to the Alamodome because their workers are such idiots.

It's also not centrally located at all when you consider that far South Texas basically never has teams playing in State.

How many times a year do those people actually have to work at the Alamodome? A few games a year for the few thousand people that show up for UTSA games and a couple random events?