PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Spurs in Trouble This Year

PhiI C
12-19-2014, 11:33 PM
They have lost 6 of their last ten games and will be resting players against Dallas so that is an easy giveme to the Mavericks. They either play terrible or play good but manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. They may not make the playoffs much less repeat.

Gontex
12-21-2014, 07:35 AM
I think Pop knows what he is doing. The Spurs will be ready to go come playoff time and I'll bet you a dollar to a donut hole that the Spurs will be in the playoffs and will be in it to win it.

Devine
12-21-2014, 02:12 PM
With seventeen different starting line ups and all the injuries, it is difficult to get any continuity. It's only December and by the time the San Antonio Stock show Rodeo come around they will gelling by then. This only helps the Spurs because the bench gets much needed time on the court and Pop gets to coach them to be the best they can. The Spurs will be fine.

Tejastrue
12-21-2014, 09:45 PM
Watch out for Dallas!!

caleb_mccaig
12-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Pop only needs to finish in the top 8 and they are contenders, granted, that may be pretty difficult this season with OKC not even in the top 8 eight.

Farmersfan
12-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Watch out for Dallas!!

I am really concerned at how the Mavericks have seemed to fall in love with the 3-pt shot. When it's not falling they are very beatable...... And they have taken a pretty big step backwards since trading for Rondo..... Hawks manhandled them for pete's sake!

caleb_mccaig
12-23-2014, 05:09 PM
I am really concerned at how the Mavericks have seemed to fall in love with the 3-pt shot. When it's not falling they are very beatable...... And they have taken a pretty big step backwards since trading for Rondo..... Hawks manhandled them for pete's sake!

Lol they've played two games? It took Lebron, Bosh and D-Wade about 15-20 games to figure it out their first year in Miami.

Mojo84
12-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Pop's letting everyone else wear themselves out early while he rests his guys. Then they will have the legs to peak at the right time. Pop is one of the few coaches I never second guess. Full disclosure, I know next to nothing about basketball and consider Pop to be nothing less than a basketball genius.

I do think the basketball and baseball seasons are too long. As long as they are, it becomes too much of an endurance endeavor for me.

Gontex
12-25-2014, 07:54 AM
Watch out for Dallas!!

Mavs just nosed out the Spurs' JV the other night. May make the playoffs, but probably won't.

Tejastrue
12-25-2014, 12:10 PM
Spurs fans are a bit spoiled. Recollect Dallas pushing SA to 7 games in last years postseason. Although they are struggling of late the addition of Rondo should make this team better. One of the knocks however is he kinda stinks at the free throw line. Not Shaq bad but still bad. There is also the injury issue. I think Dallas gave too much in return but hey...this is a Spurs thread. lol

Mojo84
12-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Speaking of poor free throw shooting. Just a few years ago, the Spurs couldn't hit a fee throw to save their lives. That ate Pop JP and the following year they were much better. I bet they shot free throws until they couldn't stand.