PDA

View Full Version : Daylon Mack decommits

caleb_mccaig
12-19-2014, 01:09 PM
Here it comes.....I'm assuming Texas and maybe LSU....
https://twitter.com/DaylonMack/status/546002605185306624

Saggy Aggie
12-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Wow... What a turn of events

Just waiting on kyler now

caleb_mccaig
12-19-2014, 01:26 PM

I'm going to go on ahead and say sorry. This happened to me last year during the All-American game when Tony Brown, Speedy and Gerald Willis were all considered heavy LSU leans and went elsewhere. I feel your pain.

hookandladder
12-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Very interesting, Hookem.

bigcountry
12-19-2014, 02:03 PM

A wonderful, wonderful turn of events. What an awesome Friday so far & it is still early! Hook'Em Dang Horns!!!!

hookandladder
12-19-2014, 02:07 PM
A wonderful, wonderful turn of events. What an awesome Friday so far & it is still early! Hook'Em Dang Horns!!!!

Hey, you need to come by our Texas tailgates next season, it's a good time. Hookem.

bigcountry
12-19-2014, 02:12 PM
Hey, you need to come by our Texas tailgates next season, it's a good time. Hookem.
We have a Tailgate Gang already, but will definitely have to look you guys up. We're turning this thing around & good times are ahead!

hookandladder
12-19-2014, 02:20 PM
We have a Tailgate Gang already, but will definitely have to look you guys up. We're turning this thing around & good times are ahead!

No doubt, looking better.

Roughneck93
12-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Uh oh....

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-11413-Wheels-Fly-Off-Racecar-gif-ECKu.gif

BwdLions
12-19-2014, 03:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Q_WBIEE2M

hookandladder
12-19-2014, 04:06 PM

Where do they come up with this kind of stuff, to freaking funny. LMAO

Roughneck93
12-19-2014, 04:16 PM

Lol....

Macarthur
12-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Here it comes.....I'm assuming Texas and maybe LSU....
https://twitter.com/DaylonMack/status/546002605185306624

I think it's going to be LSU & TCU.

hookandladder
12-19-2014, 06:19 PM

Maybe untill his official visit to Texas with Jefferson selling him to come to Texas, Hookem.

caleb_mccaig
12-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Maybe untill his official visit to Texas with Jefferson selling him to come to Texas, Hookem.

Has he even scheduled an official visit? I'm pretty sure the only one he has left is LSU in January. Also, why would he list a top two, and then change it to a top three later after he visited lol?

Regardless, no school in the country puts DL in the NFL like LSU. Crossing my fingers....

NastySlot
12-20-2014, 01:02 PM
LSU and TCu

Macarthur
12-20-2014, 04:19 PM

You guys will learn to listen to me. :cool:

hookandladder
12-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Has he even scheduled an official visit? I'm pretty sure the only one he has left is LSU in January. Also, why would he list a top two, and then change it to a top three later after he visited lol?

Regardless, no school in the country puts DL in the NFL like LSU. Crossing my fingers....

Yes but he decommitted as soon as Malik committed to Texas , Coach Strong will be all over him. Time will tell, you never can tell now days with kids. Also great to see that Malik has already signed, I am betting he gets Mack to visit Texas. Regardless it was a great day for the Longhorns, Hookem.

BwdLions
12-21-2014, 08:28 AM
You guys will learn to listen to me. :cool:

I know who he listed as his favorites, but Mack is Texas-bound my friend.

Macarthur
12-21-2014, 11:32 AM
I know who he listed as his favorites, but Mack is Texas-bound my friend.

Well then, let us in on your source. We would all love to hear?

bigcountry
12-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Well then, let us in on your source. We would all love to hear?

Just feel the vibe coming out of Austin...it's the only source you need. Hook'Em!!

hookandladder
12-21-2014, 06:26 PM
I definitely have an inside source, will report as soon as I hear something.

BwdLions
12-21-2014, 07:14 PM
I definitely have an inside source, will report as soon as I hear something.

I don't name my sources. Let it play out.

caleb_mccaig
12-23-2014, 01:49 PM
I don't name my sources. Let it play out.

Lol why would he even list a top two if the school he is going to isn't even a part of it? Has he even visited Austin? At least LSU is on the calendar.

BwdLions
12-23-2014, 04:00 PM
Lol why would he even list a top two if the school he is going to isn't even a part of it? Has he even visited Austin? At least LSU is on the calendar.

How would I know how a 17-18 year old kid thinks? Let's just wait and see what he does. I may end up being wrong on the prediction that Mack chooses Texas (but I don't think I will be).

caleb_mccaig
12-23-2014, 04:38 PM
How would I know how a 17-18 year old kid thinks? Let's just wait and see what he does. I may end up being wrong on the prediction that Mack chooses Texas (but I don't think I will be).

Lol well you seem to know how he thinks if you're saying he's going to UT.

hookandladder
12-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Well we do know he is taking a visit to Texas in Jan. and you can bet Malik Jefferson will be his host, pretty strange he decommitts just a few hours after Malik reached out to him and now he will be visiting Texas. I am not saying he will definitely committ to Texas but Texas is now in the running , amazing what one big time committ can have on 17-18 kids. HookEm.

caleb_mccaig
12-24-2014, 05:53 AM
Well we do know he is taking a visit to Texas in Jan. and you can bet Malik Jefferson will be his host, pretty strange he decommitts just a few hours after Malik reached out to him and now he will be visiting Texas. I am not saying he will definitely committ to Texas but Texas is now in the running , amazing what one big time committ can have on 17-18 kids. HookEm.

Wow, apparently he took his visit yesterday? Even 247 don't even have it on their website.

IMO, LSU is probably his best bet if what he's interested in is competing for a title, they played 19 true freshman this year and will continue to be contenders as they seem to be every year, and making it to the NFL. LSU as we all know is basically a minor league team for the NFL as they've had the most draft picks of any school over the last five years. They also are known for having a top defense every year, but the DT pool in Baton Rouge is pretty deep. But, at the same time Texas had a heck of a defense this past year and maybe he'll buy into what Charlie is selling.

TCU is a weird choice to me and I have no idea why he would want to go there other than that they are a hot team right now in recruits eyes and always have a great defense, though none to my mind, other than Verrett, seem to really make a huge impact in the NFL.

hookandladder
12-24-2014, 08:42 AM
I always been a fan of LSU, great school with one of the most exciting fan bases around and my backdoor neighbor's daughter is still there on softball scholarship. One thing that has been a major problem the last couple of years is LSU offense, they will need to get better on that side of the ball to contend for a NC in the coming years. Texas has a number of recruits coming in this weekend including Malik, so there could be more good news coming real soon. Hookem.

caleb_mccaig
12-24-2014, 10:11 AM
I always been a fan of LSU, great school with one of the most exciting fan bases around and my backdoor neighbor's daughter is still there on softball scholarship. One thing that has been a major problem the last couple of years is LSU offense, they will need to get better on that side of the ball to contend for a NC in the coming years. Texas has a number of recruits coming in this weekend including Malik, so there could be more good news coming real soon. Hookem.

Yeah, I just saw the visit was scheduled for the week after Baton Rouge. It should be interesting.

To your point about the offense, as an avid LSU fan it honestly blows my mind that they can't develop a quarterback. They constantly get top WR classes every year and if they just had someone to throw them the ball the offense would be great. Mettenberger's senior year was the best I've seen the offense in years and I hope it can get back to that at some point. The team is extremely young and they're only going to get better. I'm excited for what the future holds for the team.

Macarthur
12-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Wow, apparently he took his visit yesterday? Even 247 don't even have it on their website.

IMO, LSU is probably his best bet if what he's interested in is competing for a title, they played 19 true freshman this year and will continue to be contenders as they seem to be every year, and making it to the NFL. LSU as we all know is basically a minor league team for the NFL as they've had the most draft picks of any school over the last five years. They also are known for having a top defense every year, but the DT pool in Baton Rouge is pretty deep. But, at the same time Texas had a heck of a defense this past year and maybe he'll buy into what Charlie is selling.

TCU is a weird choice to me and I have no idea why he would want to go there other than that they are a hot team right now in recruits eyes and always have a great defense, though none to my mind, other than Verrett, seem to really make a huge impact in the NFL.

Why do you not get TCU? TCU is a great school in a great city. They have a great coach and their facilities have improved greatly. TCU's recruiting has gotten much better and the results on the field reflect that. I've been telling the horns around here that they better stop being so eaten up with A&M and worry about Briles and Patterson. They've beaten UT the last couple of years with lesser recruiting. Now the recruiting gap is narrowing.

hookandladder
12-24-2014, 11:12 AM
Yeah, I just saw the visit was scheduled for the week after Baton Rouge. It should be interesting.

To your point about the offense, as an avid LSU fan it honestly blows my mind that they can't develop a quarterback. They constantly get top WR classes every year and if they just had someone to throw them the ball the offense would be great. Mettenberger's senior year was the best I've seen the offense in years and I hope it can get back to that at some point. The team is extremely young and they're only going to get better. I'm excited for what the future holds for the team.

I would have to agree, LSU needs to step up and take down Bama because I see no other team in the sec east that can do it. Miles needs to find a QB as bad as Texas, LOl.

caleb_mccaig
12-24-2014, 11:24 AM
Why do you not get TCU? TCU is a great school in a great city. They have a great coach and their facilities have improved greatly. TCU's recruiting has gotten much better and the results on the field reflect that. I've been telling the horns around here that they better stop being so eaten up with A&M and worry about Briles and Patterson. They've beaten UT the last couple of years with lesser recruiting. Now the recruiting gap is narrowing.

Tell me one big game TCU has won in recent years or one player that has gone on to win something in college or have a good current NFL career?

TCU is only known for LT, a BCS bowl loss to Boise State and a Rose Bowl win against a Wisconsin team who is now only known for being beat 59-0 in their conference championship.

I agree, TCU is a great school and I love Ft. Worth, but top recruits in the country are usually only worried about one or two things and those are how players that come out of that program fair in the NFL and where are they drafted and chances of maybe winning a National Championship. Obviously, this isn't all top recruits, but I think a majority of the top ones think in this manner. Another point, would you rather play in front 45,000 people at Amon G. Carter, or 100,000 at Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night? You can't even compare that.

One more thing, a lot of people may not think about campus life. I went to a private and a public university in Texas and I can tell you without hesitation that the public school campus scene was so much more fun and more enjoyable than the private school one. College football players are just like normal students, they like to have fun and go out and party. I'm not saying you can't do that at TCU, because you can, but it's not the same when you're a projected first round draft pick and you walk into a bar near TCU compared to if you did the same in Baton Rouge or Austin.

I'm not saying this certain athlete cares about any of this, but it's sure what I would be considering if I was a top recruit in the country and I know for a fact what recruits do when they come on campus. I would definitely want the full experience.

Macarthur
12-24-2014, 11:55 AM
Tell me one big game TCU has won in recent years or one player that has gone on to win something in college or have a good current NFL career?

TCU has a guy named Andy Dalton in the NFL. They have several other guys, too. I would agree that LSU has had more success at putting guys in the league, but TCU is no slouch.

TCU is only known for LT, a BCS bowl loss to Boise State and a Rose Bowl win against a Wisconsin team who is now only known for being beat 59-0 in their conference championship.

They are known for more than LT. They've been to the two BCS bowls and won one. Your comment about Wisc is simply your slant. Wisc was a good team that year and was pretty heavily favored. The entire country said TCU would get drilled and they won. The Rose Bowl win has absolutely nothing to do with Wisc getting whipped this year. Silly argument.

I agree, TCU is a great school and I love Ft. Worth, but top recruits in the country are usually only worried about one or two things and those are how players that come out of that program fair in the NFL and where are they drafted and chances of maybe winning a National Championship. Obviously, this isn't all top recruits, but I think a majority of the top ones think in this manner.

Again, TCU has put guys into the league and they were a gnat's dick away from getting into the four team playoff. If fact, I could make the arugement that TCU has an easier path to the playoff than LSU does because of how difficult the SEC West is.

Another point, would you rather play in front 45,000 people at Amon G. Carter, or 100,000 at Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night? You can't even compare that.

There's no doubt that LSU has one of the top 5 game day environments in all of college football. However, It still involves kids from Texas leaving the state. That's a pretty good hurdle to overcome for a lot of kids.

One more thing, a lot of people may not think about campus life. I went to a private and a public university in Texas and I can tell you without hesitation that the public school campus scene was so much more fun and more enjoyable than the private school one. College football players are just like normal students, they like to have fun and go out and party. I'm not saying you can't do that at TCU, because you can, but it's not the same when you're a projected first round draft pick and you walk into a bar near TCU compared to if you did the same in Baton Rouge or Austin.

This is your opinion. Guys at TCU can have just as much fun and any school in the country.

I'm not saying this certain athlete cares about any of this, but it's sure what I would be considering if I was a top recruit in the country and I know for a fact what recruits do when they come on campus. I would definitely want the full experience.

And there are some guys that really like the fact that TCU is a small private school and you will get to take classes by an actual professor and not some grad student. Again, just because you feel the way you do does not mean all recruits do.

caleb_mccaig
12-24-2014, 01:18 PM
TCU has a guy named Andy Dalton in the NFL. They have several other guys, too. I would agree that LSU has had more success at putting guys in the league, but TCU is no slouch.

And there are some guys that really like the fact that TCU is a small private school and you will get to take classes by an actual professor and not some grad student. Again, just because you feel the way you do does not mean all recruits do.

1. Andy Dalton is one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL and has rode his defense and running game to victory every season. The best player TCU has in the NFL is probably Verrett and he has had a mediocre rookie season. Jerry Hughes was supposed to be a monster coming out, I think he plays for the Bills now, but you never hear his name. Considered to what LSU has put into the NFL, TCU is a slouch. In all LSU currently has 41 past players on the active roster of an NFL team compared to 12 for TCU. LSU has almost produced as many NFL secondary players (10) than TCU has total active NFL players.

2. I think I mentioned that not every recruit feels that way like three times in that entire post.

You can argue all you want, but unless a kid has personal ties to DFW or grew up a TCU fan they will likely always pick LSU in the current day. By the way, what happened last when LSU played TCU?

Macarthur
12-25-2014, 10:01 AM
1. Andy Dalton is one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL and has rode his defense and running game to victory every season. The best player TCU has in the NFL is probably Verrett and he has had a mediocre rookie season. Jerry Hughes was supposed to be a monster coming out, I think he plays for the Bills now, but you never hear his name. Considered to what LSU has put into the NFL, TCU is a slouch. In all LSU currently has 41 past players on the active roster of an NFL team compared to 12 for TCU. LSU has almost produced as many NFL secondary players (10) than TCU has total active NFL players.

2. I think I mentioned that not every recruit feels that way like three times in that entire post.

You can argue all you want, but unless a kid has personal ties to DFW or grew up a TCU fan they will likely always pick LSU in the current day. By the way, what happened last when LSU played TCU?

This is silly. Dalton is not one of the worst starting QBs in the league. If you believe that, your judgement is terrible.

As for the rest, no one has ever said TCU is a better program. I am simply making the argument that it has a lot to offer. Some people think that Louisiana is ugly and dirty. How about that? I wouldn't want to live anywhere but the great state of Texas so from that standpoint lsu sucks. How about that! :taunt:

caleb_mccaig
12-26-2014, 02:56 PM
This is silly. Dalton is not one of the worst starting QBs in the league. If you believe that, your judgement is terrible.

As for the rest, no one has ever said TCU is a better program. I am simply making the argument that it has a lot to offer. Some people think that Louisiana is ugly and dirty. How about that? I wouldn't want to live anywhere but the great state of Texas so from that standpoint lsu sucks. How about that! :taunt:

Lol fair enough. Everyone sees it their own way.

Caveman
12-27-2014, 07:18 AM
Lol fair enough. Everyone sees it their own way.

Former TCU players currently in the NFL.

Marcus Cannon New England Patriots Offensive Guard
Tank Carder Cleveland Browns Linebacker
Andy Dalton Cincinnati Bengals Quarterback
Clint Gresham Seattle Seahawks Center
David Hawthorne New Orleans Saints Linebacker
Jerry Hughes Buffalo Bills Defensive End
Colin Jones Carolina Panthers Defensive Back
Jeremy Kerley New York Jets Wide Receiver
Stansly Maponga Atlanta Falcons Defensive End
Marshall Newhouse Cincinnati Bengals Offensive Tackle
Jason Verrett San Diego Chargers Cornerback
Daryl Washington Arizona Cardinals Linebacker

Macarthur
12-30-2014, 10:28 AM
I told you not to dismiss TCU so quickly.

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2014/12/lsu_target_daylon_mack_says_he.html

caleb_mccaig
12-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Former TCU players currently in the NFL.

Marcus Cannon New England Patriots Offensive Guard
Tank Carder Cleveland Browns Linebacker
Andy Dalton Cincinnati Bengals Quarterback
Clint Gresham Seattle Seahawks Center
David Hawthorne New Orleans Saints Linebacker
Jerry Hughes Buffalo Bills Defensive End
Colin Jones Carolina Panthers Defensive Back
Jeremy Kerley New York Jets Wide Receiver
Stansly Maponga Atlanta Falcons Defensive End
Marshall Newhouse Cincinnati Bengals Offensive Tackle
Jason Verrett San Diego Chargers Cornerback
Daryl Washington Arizona Cardinals Linebacker

Former LSU players in the NFL.
Joe Barksdale St. Louis Rams Offensive Tackle
Lamin Barrow Denver Broncos Linebacker
Odell Beckham Jr. New York Giants Wide Receiver
Alfred Blue Houston Texans Running Back
Dwayne Bowe Kansas City Chiefs Wide Receiver
Michael Brockers St. Louis Rams Defensive Tackle
Ron Brooks Buffalo Bills Cornerback
Morris Claiborne Dallas Cowboys Cornerback
Ryan Clark Washington Redskins Free Safety
Glenn Dorsey San Francisco 49ers Defensive Tackle
Ego Ferguson Chicago Bears Defensive Tackle
Matt Flynn Green Bay Packers Quarterback
Jeremy Hill Cincinnati Bengals Running Back
Trindon Holliday San Francisco 49ers Wide Receiver
Tyson Jackson Atlanta Falcons Defensive Tackle
Ricky Jean Francois Indianapolis Colts Defensive End
Anthony Johnson Miami Dolphins Defensive Tackle
Donnie Jones Philadelphia Eagles Punter
Brandon LaFell New England Patriots Wide Receiver
LaRon Landry Indianapolis Colts Free Safety
Jarvis Landry Miami Dolphins Wide Receiver
Bennie Logan Philadelphia Eagles Defensive Tackle
Craig Loston Jacksonville Jaguars Strong Safety
Tyrann Mathieu Arizona Cardinals Free Safety
Danny McCray Chicago Bears Strong Safety
Zach Mettenberger Tennessee Titans Quarterback
Barkevious Mingo Cleveland Browns Linebacker
Kevin Minter Arizona Cardinals Linebacker
Patrick Peterson Arizona Cardinals Cornerback
Rueben Randle New York Giants Wide Receiver
Eric Reid San Francisco 49ers Free Safety
Stevan Ridley New England Patriots Running Back
Perry Riley Jr. Washington Redskins Linebacker
Russell Shepard Tampa Bay Buccaneers Wide Receiver
Kelvin Sheppard Miami Dolphins Linebacker
Tharold Simon Seattle Seahawks Cornerback
Trai Turner Carolina Panthers Offensive Guard
Andrew Whitworth Cincinnati Bengals Offensive Tackle
Kyle Williams Buffalo Bills Defensive Tackle
Brad Wing Pittsburgh Steelers Punter
Al Woods Tennessee Titans Defensive Tackle
James Wright Cincinnati Bengals Wide Receiver

caleb_mccaig
12-30-2014, 12:31 PM
I told you not to dismiss TCU so quickly.

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2014/12/lsu_target_daylon_mack_says_he.html

Lol the kid hasn't even been on his O-visit to Baton Rouge yet. That's where it's going to be decided.

Macarthur
12-30-2014, 12:40 PM
Lol the kid hasn't even been on his O-visit to Baton Rouge yet. That's where it's going to be decided.

Maybe.

What if lsu loses chavis to A&M?

Saggy Aggie
12-31-2014, 02:31 PM
Apparently chavis is going to A&M ans daylon has cancelled his visit to lsu??

Deuce
12-31-2014, 02:37 PM

Sweet!

Saggy Aggie
12-31-2014, 02:40 PM
He has also rescheduled another visit to A&M....

Macarthur
12-31-2014, 03:07 PM

Silence from McCaleb