PDA

View Full Version : Aggies Pick Up 5* Receiver Commit

FB-fanatic
12-17-2014, 02:37 PM
http://tamu.247sports.com/Bolt/Aggies-add-another-five-star-in-WR-Christian-Kirk-33939310?utm_medium=thc_1&utm_campaign=thc&utm_source=thc_default

Pick up a commitment from 5* receiver Christian Kirk out of Arizona over USC, Arizona State, and Ohio State. Good friends with #1 QB commit Kyler Marray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

caleb_mccaig
12-17-2014, 03:33 PM
http://tamu.247sports.com/Bolt/Aggies-add-another-five-star-in-WR-Christian-Kirk-33939310?utm_medium=thc_1&utm_campaign=thc&utm_source=thc_default

Pick up a commitment from 5* receiver Christian Kirk out of Arizona over USC, Arizona State, and Ohio State. Good friends with #1 QB commit Kyler Marray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Must be pretty quick and run good routes to be a five star and only 5'10.

SEC is getting another great WR class. Bama with Ridley and LSU will likely get Tyron Johnson, maybe Damarkus Lodge, and maybe a flip of Daylon Charlot, if not he's still at Bama.

Saggy Aggie
12-18-2014, 10:41 AM
I wonder if hook thinks this guy is a stud??

hookandladder
12-18-2014, 11:08 AM
I wonder if hook thinks this guy is a stud??

I am betting Ratley is as good or better and he had no stars coming out of high school, stars do not mean crap unless you prove it at the next level. Time will tell.

caleb_mccaig
12-18-2014, 11:45 AM
I am betting Ratley is as good or better and he had no stars coming out of high school, stars do not mean crap unless you prove it at the next level. Time will tell.

You're crazy if you don't think stars mean anything. It gives the kid all the leverage in the world on the coach to see the field or on to the next one. Being able to handle the multiple 6-7 5* recruits Saban gets is unbelievable. You may say that isn't how it should work, but it 100% is. This is a business now for the big time recruits and they can't show off their brand if they aren't on the field.

New Taiton
12-18-2014, 12:00 PM

There it is - that's the quote I've been waiting on. That is the the line being touted in Austin as they're recruiting has begun to unravel is recent weeks.

Here's why stars and rankings do matter - no team has won the national championship without having a top 7 recruiting class within four years of their NC. I think Florida had the lowest ranked class #7 when they won a few years ago.

Name a team that has won a NC in the BCS era that consisted of a bunch of "coached up" 2 and 3* guys.

hookandladder
12-18-2014, 12:05 PM
There it is - that's the quote I've been waiting on. That is the the line being touted in Austin as they're recruiting has begun to unravel is recent weeks.

Here's why stars and rankings do matter - no team has won the national championship without having a top 7 recruiting class within four years of their NC. I think Florida had the lowest ranked class #7 when they won a few years ago.

Name a team that has won a NC in the BCS era that consisted of a bunch of "coached up" 2 and 3* guys.

Do you even know who Ratley is, do tell.

hookandladder
12-18-2014, 12:07 PM
You're crazy if you don't think stars mean anything. It gives the kid all the leverage in the world on the coach to see the field or on to the next one. Being able to handle the multiple 6-7 5* recruits Saban gets is unbelievable. You may say that isn't how it should work, but it 100% is. This is a business now for the big time recruits and they can't show off their brand if they aren't on the field.

I may be crazy but time will tell, let's see if he pans out. How is RSJ doing at CS, did not hear much about him this year other then he was not a happy camper.

hookandladder
12-18-2014, 12:08 PM

Dude, you need help. ASAP

New Taiton
12-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Don't cherry pick people to make your argument. RSJ is a redshirt freshman - he had a slow year. Speedy Noil was a true freshman and played well. Kyle Allen was a true freshman and he played well.

Answer the question. Name a team that has won a NC with coached up scrubs......

hookandladder
12-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Don't cherry pick people to make your argument. RSJ is a redshirt freshman - he had a slow year. Speedy Noil was a true freshman and played well. Kyle Allen was a true freshman and he played well.

Answer the question. Name a team that has won a NC with coached up scrubs......

Do you know who Ratley is, do tell.

Macarthur
12-18-2014, 12:39 PM
....stars do not mean crap unless you prove it at the next level. Time will tell.

Boy there is some irony there coming from an orange blood. Lol

hookandladder
12-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Boy there is some irony there coming from an orange blood. Lol

Have said it for years, another aggy troll.

NastySlot
12-18-2014, 12:47 PM

so if M. Jefferson picks the horns tomorrow no big deal right?

hookandladder
12-18-2014, 01:00 PM
so if M. Jefferson picks the horns tomorrow no big deal right?

No doubt it's a big deal wherever he ends up however he still has to make it happen on the field, I am just not a big believer that the number of stars make the player. Yes some do pan out, hell look how many Mack had a Texas that did not pan out. How many in the NFL were 3 Star and lower, you still got to perform on the field to earn the right to play and some times the lower star players outperform the so called 5 star. Recruiting players that fit your system is just as important as the star next to the name, we can all agree to disagree. I do not give a rats ass who agrees with me, it is what it is.

Macarthur
12-18-2014, 01:25 PM
No doubt it's a big deal wherever he ends up however he still has to make it happen on the field, I am just not a big believer that the number of stars make the player. Yes some do pan out, hell look how many Mack had a Texas that did not pan out. How many in the NFL were 3 Star and lower, you still got to perform on the field to earn the right to play and some times the lower star players outperform the so called 5 star. Recruiting players that fit your system is just as important as the star next to the name, we can all agree to disagree. I do not give a rats ass who agrees with me, it is what it is.

Actually, no one disagrees with your above post. The reason is that it's the most obvious thing ever typed on this board. :eek:

NastySlot
12-18-2014, 01:27 PM

i hear you....Stars are nice but with anything in life- you gotta prove it.

i follow a team that not too long ago had a receiving group made up of a guy that didn't play high school football until his senior year, another was a one time walk on at a JUCO, another was a Class A QB and get this- another was a walk on and one time Women's hoops practice player...........they even had a Q that some coaches valued more as a DB coming out of HS. So yes you gotta prove it on the field.

so I agree with you but it sure feels nice when the guys with all the Stars pick your school.

hookandladder
12-18-2014, 02:06 PM
Actually, no one disagrees with your above post. The reason is that it's the most obvious thing ever typed on this board. :eek:

Screw you *******, you aggy loser.

Macarthur
12-18-2014, 02:07 PM

You have a real problem, dude.

hookandladder
12-18-2014, 02:08 PM
i hear you....Stars are nice but with anything in life- you gotta prove it.

i follow a team that not too long ago had a receiving group made up of a guy that didn't play high school football until his senior year, another was a one time walk on at a JUCO, another was a Class A QB and get this- another was a walk on and one time Women's hoops practice player...........they even had a Q that some coaches valued more as a DB coming out of HS. So yes you gotta prove it on the field.

so I agree with you but it sure feels nice when the guys with all the Stars pick your school.

Yes all the stars are nice but it still boils down to wins, stars with no wins gets you fired.

hookandladder
12-18-2014, 02:13 PM
You have a real problem, dude.

If you are going to dish it out you better be ready take it, just the way it is.

Macarthur
12-18-2014, 02:30 PM
If you are going to dish it out you better be ready take it, just the way it is.

If you think what I posted is the same as you posted, you have bigger issues than I first imagined.

hookandladder
12-18-2014, 02:43 PM
If you think what I posted is the same as you posted, you have bigger issues than I first imagined.

It's not one post, you have many. You seem to think you are right all the time and others are wrong all the time, yes I have issues. Lol

New Taiton
12-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Yes all the stars are nice but it still boils down to wins, stars with no wins gets you fired.

If you had to bet - would you wager that a team full of 2 and 3 star players would have a better season than a team of 4 and 5 stars?

And to clarify the star system: I don't think there is a coach for a team that any of us follow that "follow" the star rankings. I don't think Sumlin, Strong, nor Briles pulls up 247 or Rivals and starts making lists of the "top flight" recruits. I think the action on the field by these athletes gets them recognition by these coaching staffs which in turns gets them noticed by the recruiting services. A lot of people think Mack Brown was ate up with recruiting rankings - I disagree. I think he just happen to put together classes that were star studded.

New Taiton
12-18-2014, 02:58 PM
stars with no wins gets you fired

On the flip side - no stars with wins gets you a job in the FCS.

New Taiton
12-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Yes some do pan out, hell look how many Mack had a Texas that did not pan out.

Mack Brown had a crap load of 10 win seasons in a row, he won a national championship, and he played in another one. To think he was a bad coach because of 2010-2013 is a farce. So in reality, a lot of his players did pan out base on his success at Texas.

As far as Mack Brown's recruits, their stars, and their rankings - there was a lot of influence on those from Geoff Ketchum, who one of Texas' recruiting guys and a stakeholder in Rivals. In Mack's hey day, a kid would commit to Texas, move up 40 slots in rankings and earn an extra star. Conversely, a kid would decommit from Texas, drop in the rankings, and lose a star. This has been well documented and has gone so far that Ketch has had to re-write "old" reviews of players of which he was way wrong.

NastySlot
12-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Mack Brown had a crap load of 10 win seasons in a row, he won a national championship, and he played in another one. To think he was a bad coach because of 2010-2013 is a farce. So in reality, a lot of his players did pan out base on his success at Texas.

As far as Mack Brown's recruits, their stars, and their rankings - there was a lot of influence on those from Geoff Ketchum, who one of Texas' recruiting guys and a stakeholder in Rivals. In Mack's hey day, a kid would commit to Texas, move up 40 slots in rankings and earn an extra star. Conversely, a kid would decommit from Texas, drop in the rankings, and lose a star. This has been well documented and has gone so far that Ketch has had to re-write "old" reviews of players of which he was way wrong..

Ketch going Ketch

Saggy Aggie
12-18-2014, 09:59 PM

Lol... Typical hook.

Everyone except him knows he has problems.... But wait, nvm it's probably just cuz we're the 'aggy losers'....

hookandladder
12-19-2014, 07:02 AM
Lol... Typical hook.

Everyone except him knows he has problems.... But wait, nvm it's probably just cuz we're the 'aggy losers'....

Yes I have a problem with aggy trolls like yourself, get over it or ignore my post. You are an aggy loser in my books, not calling all aggys losers just you and a couple of your little brothers. Pretty sure Pancho feels the same about you and he would most likely add coward to that list.Lol

Saggy Aggie
12-19-2014, 08:26 AM
Yes I have a problem with aggy trolls like yourself, get over it or ignore my post. You are an aggy loser in my books, not calling all aggys losers just you and a couple of your little brothers. Pretty sure Pancho feels the same about you and he would most likely add coward to that list.Lol

Lol do you ever say anything intelligent?

1st and goal
12-19-2014, 11:39 AM

Grown men calling young men cowards on the internet. Well, supposedly grown men. And he calls us haters and trolls...

Most people grow up and understand the spirited rivalry can make for some good trash talk, but when you threaten a fight or get personal, it no longer is considered appropriate. Hook, you need to relax. Go fishing or something and put things in perspective. You wouldn't like it if some "old" guy was calling your son a coward on this board even if they are annoying. Well, just stop it. Time to grow up. Don't be the person who's blood pressure goes through the roof when reading these debates.

hookandladder
12-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Grown men calling young men cowards on the internet. Well, supposedly grown men. And he calls us haters and trolls...

Most people grow up and understand the spirited rivalry can make for some good trash talk, but when you threaten a fight or get personal, it no longer is considered appropriate. Hook, you need to relax. Go fishing or something and put things in perspective. You wouldn't like it if some "old" guy was calling your son a coward on this board even if they are annoying. Well, just stop it. Time to grow up. Don't be the person who's blood pressure goes through the roof when reading these debates.

Get a clue, I did not call saggy a coward Pancho did. I called him a poor aggy loser, Lol.

Saggy Aggie
12-20-2014, 01:07 AM
Get a clue, I did not call saggy a coward Pancho did. I called him a poor aggy loser, Lol.

and the point goes WAY over your head again, as usual

hookandladder
12-20-2014, 08:04 AM
and the point goes WAY over your head again, as usual

Come on saggy, you aggys have a bad day yesterday. Remember you own this state, LMAO

hookandladder
12-20-2014, 08:06 AM

It's all good till the shoe is on the other foot, just a little trash talking. LMAO

1st and goal
12-20-2014, 11:58 AM
It's all good till the shoe is on the other foot, just a little trash talking. LMAO

You will never get it. Trash is one thing. Personal attacks, threats to fight, and calling others cowards are another. How old are you? Stop acting like a middle school drop out.