PDA

View Full Version : Texas APSE Class 4A All-State Teams

Cam
12-16-2014, 01:09 PM
FYI:

http://www.news-journal.com/etvarsity/high_school/texas-apse-class-a-all-state-football-team/article_f464d9bc-853b-11e4-b809-9b5987fdbe1f.html

chaingang
12-16-2014, 01:12 PM
This list is pretty terrible. #3 Safety in the nation is listed as and honorable mention WR. Really? bwahahahahah Hey atleast we got a guy on there. I guess playing for a SC doesn't help our kids. And I know its from the regular season only but geez.

drewlsu
12-16-2014, 01:50 PM
This list is crap.

Weebe
12-16-2014, 02:05 PM
This list is crap.

As is the case with everything the AP writers put out related to football.

Rabid Cougar
12-16-2014, 02:15 PM
The "real one" comes out after the SC game.

Aguilafanatico
12-16-2014, 02:33 PM
This list is crap.

Nice congrats to all the young, deserving Texas HS football players who were honored with this All State selection. Congrats boys!

movethechain
12-16-2014, 03:59 PM
It just don't get any worse than this. Daylon Mack is Second Team Defensive Lineman? Wow !!! :1omg!:

Those idiots should seriously just stop putting out a list.

bearbear78
12-16-2014, 04:30 PM
It just don't get any worse than this. Daylon Mack is Second Team Defensive Lineman? Wow !!! :1omg!:

Those idiots should seriously just stop putting out a list.

Laughed when I saw that....good ole AP

Gobbler Fan
12-16-2014, 06:20 PM
I had to laugh when I looked at this list :spitlol:

slingshot
12-16-2014, 11:27 PM
Beyond crap. Laughable...

dk1
12-17-2014, 10:03 AM
It is not laughable at all. This is determined by the stats placed in front of the committee for the games played during the regular season. It is not a representation of the best athlete at a given position. Should we tell the kid with 170 tackles that he is undeserving?? I dont think so... Congrats to all these young men!!

icu812
12-17-2014, 03:25 PM
All of these types of lists have weaknesses in the way they are chosen. This one appears to be based almost purely on stats. Van's 155lb MLB who received honorable mention will not play college football at any level. Last year Van had two players on the all state list that were not all district players, lol. Btw, I prefer the statistical approach to the BS way all district teams are chosen. All District teams are politics and every one I've ever seen has players that have no business being on them. Last year Van was not represented much on the all district team despite having all state players and finishing 2nd in district. This year because we won district the all district team is loaded with Vandals. Our THIRD STRING RB who came in mostly in mop up duty was 2ND TEAM all district.....he's a good player and is the best special teams coverage guy in the district....but that ain't right. Also our #2 DB made 2nd team all district team even though he was suspended for the last two district games and had minimal stats in the 3 he started, IMO that ain't right.

coach
12-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Fairfield had last years Offensive POY and this year they have Defensive POY. Congrats Devin. Well deserved.

Aguilafanatico
12-17-2014, 04:49 PM
It is not laughable at all. This is determined by the stats placed in front of the committee for the games played during the regular season. It is not a representation of the best athlete at a given position. Should we tell the kid with 170 tackles that he is undeserving?? I dont think so... Congrats to all these young men!!

:iagree:

drewlsu
12-17-2014, 06:16 PM
If it's just stats, Hardin-Jedderson has a LB committed to Rice with 175 tackles. Where are his props?

NO PLAYER from 4A D2 Region 3 was put on the first or second team. No one from WOS, La Grange, La Marque, HJ, NOBODY!
And I know some names and stats from SETX were submitted.

CRAP!

defense51
12-18-2014, 12:59 PM
Obviously this is a farce, myself and Cam aren't even mentioned on the list...:vrycnfsd:

Devine
12-19-2014, 01:55 AM
FIRST-TEAM DEFENSE
REAGAN ANDERSON, Devine, Jr. -- 8 INTs, defensive TD, 11 pass deflections, 31 tackles:clap: