PDA

View Full Version : Baseball state champs

ThaRealBulldog
01-06-2003, 08:17 PM
Carthage will win state in baseball this year. We wreck everyyear, we won 4a state titles and went to the playoffs everyyear. We will win the 3a state title.

wildstangs
01-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Wow. Cancel your seasons, ship the state title trophy out to East Texas.

Matthew328
01-06-2003, 08:23 PM
LOL if you think that you and Carthage will be in for a rude awakening...the difference between 3A and 4A is very small...if you think you'll walk into 3A and people will lay down you have another thing coming..Sinton and a host of other 3A's reguarly play and beat 4A and sometimes 5A schools...Carthage is a contender..but they aren't the favorite

Matthew328
01-06-2003, 08:23 PM
LOL if you think that you and Carthage will be in for a rude awakening...the difference between 3A and 4A is very small...if you think you'll walk into 3A and people will lay down you have another thing coming..Sinton and a host of other 3A's reguarly play and beat 4A and sometimes 5A schools...Carthage is a contender..but they aren't the favorite

BigBrother70
01-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Someone has seemed to forgotten about

Sinton
La Grange
Forney

Heck, with our outstanding new coach, Elgin might make it back to the state tourney this year

Jacket2000
01-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Say, didnt he say the same thing about football season? Hell, if we all listened to this idiot, we wouldnt play any sports. We'd just ship all the trophies to Carthage! But, thankfully, we and the rest of the state have enough sense not to listen to him. Kinda makes me wish Sinton was in region 2, b/c Im sure the Pirates would run rule the Puppies with ease.
J2K

ThaRealBulldog
01-06-2003, 09:54 PM
Jacket you should kno about Carthage I bet we beat Ennis acouple times in the playoffs in baseball. Bring those teams on cause no one not 5a not 4a and defiently not 3a can hold us.

Jacket2000
01-06-2003, 10:34 PM
Carthage may have very well beaten Ennis a time or two on the diamond. I wouldn't know b/c in Ennis we spend the spring getting ready to win a championship in the fall(something Carthage folks havent experienced as of yet); instead of talking trash on message boards. It didnt work for ya in football, I'd think you'd learned your lesson and wouldn't do it in baseball.
J2K

ThaRealBulldog
01-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Were not talking football were talking baseball and Carthage is awsome year in and year out. Alot of guys are back so im thinkin Carthage state champs.

Jacket2000
01-06-2003, 10:41 PM
...and you thought the same thing about football. Hate to break it to ya, but there are some very tough baseball teams in 3a. Sinton, La Grange, Forney, Bridge City, just to name a few, with Sinton being the heavy favorite in my book. I dont recall Carthage going very far in the baseball playoffs last season, so I wouldnt count my bullpuppies before they hatch if I were you.
J2K

ThaRealBulldog
01-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Jacket you cant count how many times Carthage made it to the finals in 4a on 2 hand.

<small>[ January 06, 2003, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: ThaRealBulldog ]</small>

WeAreCCB
01-06-2003, 10:51 PM
Hey Hey, Let's keep it clean. Jacket don't get kicked out. Carthage is definitely a true contender and truly one of the favorites in baseball. It's not going to be easy for any team, but I think Carthage will make the playoffs again this year.

Matthew328
01-07-2003, 12:43 AM
Carthage should make the playoffs..they are definatley a good team with tradition..but to say they are the team to beat in 3A doesn't make much sense..we'll keep our eye on em though

PPHSfan
01-07-2003, 01:02 AM
Gonna be funny when the same team that put them out of the play-offs in Football, wears them out on the diamond too. (if the bulldogs make it that far).

If you think Forney had a football team. Wait till you see em play baseball. :p

Hannibal
01-07-2003, 11:48 AM
Have to agree with PPHSfan. Forney made it to the state championship the last four years. They must be pretty good.

Unfortunately, to be the man, you have to beat the man. Right now, Sinton is the odds on favorite to repeat as State champions. They have done so before, and they have almost the same situation as the repeat teams on the late 80's. In '88 there was only one senior on the state championship team. The next year Sinton repeated as champs. Sinton lost two seniors off of last year's state championship team and have one of the most dominating pitchers in Adrian Alaniz in any classification. I mean, the kid is a senior and HAS NEVER LOST A GAME.

Old Cardinal
01-07-2003, 03:18 PM
I agree with Jacket, teams like Lorena, Buna, Barbers Hill, Jasper, Sealy are also not going to be afraid to face your team. You may be just letting you pelican mouth overload your chee-chee behind, with all those pompose statements.

Fahq07
01-07-2003, 03:28 PM
carthage is not as great as this guy thinks they are. They will have to beat forney or little elm or someone like that before going to the state tourney. They better watch out for forney because they had another great recruiting class this year from what i am hearing. lol

Matthew328
01-07-2003, 08:07 PM
I forgot about Jasper.....they play some pretty good baseball there...didn't they advance to the Regional Final before losing to Forest Brook?? I know they have one of the best players in the state in Rodriguez Mitchell..

Billy Boy
01-07-2003, 11:26 PM
Don't forget Jasper's Josie Parker and Yeates is a fine pitcher. Jasper returns most of their team but they start with a new coach this year.

Showtime33
01-08-2003, 11:08 AM
Did Forney get any more new talent from Edegewood or Crandall this year? lol Well I think a team that you better keep an eye out for this year is Lake Dallas. They had a very young team last year and they gave Forney a run for their money. I dont think Forney is as good as they were last year. They dont have the pitching.

Phil C
01-08-2003, 11:29 AM
I checked the UIL baseball post and I didn't see any record of Carthage being in the State playoffs last year. Maybe I am wrong.

Billy Boy
01-08-2003, 12:45 PM
Phil C:
I checked the UIL baseball post and I didn't see any record of Carthage being in the State playoffs last year. Maybe I am wrong.Look under 4A their a 4A drop down. :p

ThaRealBulldog
01-08-2003, 06:38 PM
Hy Phil I didn't say we won it last year. I said we win it from time to time.

j_dog
01-08-2003, 09:23 PM
Matthew328:
I forgot about Jasper.....they play some pretty good baseball there...didn't they advance to the Regional Final before losing to Forest Brook?? I know they have one of the best players in the state in Rodriguez Mitchell..Jasper advanced to the third round before losing to FB. Yes, Mitchell is as fast on the basepaths as he is on the football field. Yeates, their best pitcher last year, was simply overpowering last year as a sophmore. Jasper graduated several players, but they also played a lot of younger guys because of injuries to several of the seniors. So, Jasper should be competitive this year.

pirate4state
01-09-2003, 11:56 AM
ThaRealBulldog:
Jacket you cant count how many times Carthage made it to the finals in 4a on 2 hand.You're right you only need 1 hand. (see below)

Orginally posted by ThaRealBulldog: <strong>Hy Phil I didn't say we won it last year. I said we win it from time to time. </strong> You know bulldog your a funny guy. I checked the UIL records and as far as THE STATE TOURNEY goes you guys won it all back in 1990, were in the final 4 in 1994 and lost in 2001 in the title game. :rolleyes: So you see Carthage doesn't win it from time to time---they've won it all once.

Good Luck this year---hope to see you at the final 4. wink

turbostud
01-09-2003, 02:36 PM
You would think a guy who does this much talking about his team would at least know the history behind his team.

Bellville22
01-09-2003, 08:25 PM
As much as it pains me to say it, our heated rivals from just down the road probably have a right to be thrown in the mix with these big names. Sealy, a town dominated by football as long as I've been on this earth should play some serious baseball this spring. They've got 3 tremendous pitchers that may be able to carry them pretty far. They'll have their hands full w/ Bellville in distict, and the Bulls may even pull it out, I think you can win District with one arm, but not state. But I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Bellville win district, and Sealy go farther in the playoffs. Not saying they'll win it, but I think they deserve to be mentioned as early contenders.

spiderman
01-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Wylie made a little noise in the playoffs when they made it to the State tournament. That was the third trip in the last 10 years. It's a pretty good program that should make another good showing this year.

Old Cardinal
01-11-2003, 10:07 PM
I agree Bellville 22, Sealy has a good program coming back. I watched them play Bridge City last year and BC had been playing the top pitching that they could find. All the speed folks in Louisiana and 4A & 5A. They were ready for Sealy- and in one game they scores 17 runs in one inning-which appears to be a state record in playoff competition. The unique situation was that Coach Moore had skilled hitters, fine tuned to hit elite pitching. In the next level, Barbers Hill had some very slow junk ball pitchers and won the toss and of course chose to play a one game playoff. It worked for them, BC could just not adjust to slow junk ball pitching and was defeated in overtime, having fouled many long ball down the 3rd base line. It was a hard lost to take, in that BC had never even been crowded by any 3A's teams before that loss. Don't sell Barbers Hill, Sealy, or Bridge City short this year, on a given night they can beat just about anyone. The real question will be consistancy for each of them.

RBARKER
01-13-2003, 10:00 AM
Old,Card you kill me :p "Junk Ball" I just love the way you justify loses by the Cardinals. BH will be practicing the ole Junk Ball method again this year, so BC needs to practice hitting "Junk Balls" so they will not be suprised this year in the playoffs :D :D :D

Wtx_coach
01-13-2003, 04:51 PM
spiderman:
Wylie made a little noise in the playoffs when they made it to the State tournament. That was the third trip in the last 10 years. It's a pretty good program that should make another good showing this year.Wylie is always a little good in baseball, but I really dont see them geting out of region 1 this year, Pecos, Monahans then Wylie are my picks in region 1.

Old Cardinal
01-13-2003, 06:45 PM
WTX-I heard that Snyder as a good team. I also heard that Canyon, Perryton and Borger play a pretty fair level of baseball. What is you opinion on these folks?

<small>[ January 13, 2003, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Wtx_coach
01-14-2003, 12:36 AM
Old Cardinal:
WTX-I heard that Snyder as a good team. I also heard that Canyon, Perryton and Borger play a pretty fair level of baseball. What is you opinion on these folks?Hey old cardinal, I forgot about Snyder they have been good usally, and canyon is pretty good to , they beat Pecos 2 years ago in the 2nd round I think, as for borger and Perryton they are good in the panhandle but cant compete as well in west texas.

Bulldog03
01-16-2003, 05:56 PM
Does anyone know the pre-season rankings yet,I can't find anything about the 2003 season.

sntnpirate1316
01-16-2003, 10:39 PM
i hope sinton does well in baseball
many people say they are the team to beat
i dont play but i can say we lost 3 seniors
marcus charles, taylor edwards, and another senior....i cant think of his name
adrian alaniz has a full ride to UT as a pitcher
hes back
and he didnt even pitch in the state game
jason adams did
the season hasnt even started tharealdogs
im going to laugh when youre team gets their butts beat in the play offs
people like you give your town a bad rep

pirate4state
01-17-2003, 11:29 AM
sntnpirate1316:
marcus charles, taylor edwards, and another senior....i cant think of his name...

the season hasnt even started tharealdogs
im going to laugh when youre team gets their butts beat in the play offs
people like you give your town a bad repThe other senior was Josh Moreno (the catcher).

Has anyone else noticed that bulldog or whoever started this tread hasn't been back since I gave him that little history lesson on Carthage? wink :D :p

turbostud
01-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Yeah I noticed, I have been checking this thread every now and then to see his response (or should I say excuse) but it seems like he fell off the face of the earth.

ThaRealBulldog
01-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Im just waitin for the season to start fool and check out that carthage made the playoffs every year since 1985 till last year.

turbostud
01-18-2003, 09:51 AM
the real bulldogs, I am glad to see you finally did your history homework, but the way I see it all those playoff berths with only one title makes Carthage the Atlanta Braves of Texas High School baseball. :D

pirate4state
01-19-2003, 12:14 AM
turbostud:
the real bulldogs, I am glad to see you finally did your history homework, but the way I see it all those playoff berths with only one title makes Carthage the Atlanta Braves of Texas High School baseball. :D LOL!!! :D