PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill Panthers and Fans are full of Class

OldBison75
12-15-2014, 01:51 AM
This is pure class:

An email received from a Liberty Hill parent about our team, our coaching staff and our community.

"Coach,

I am the proud father of a Liberty Hill senior football player and have attended what seems like hundreds of games throughout his playing time. The game played against your squad on Friday, although disappointing to us in outcome, was one of the finest displays of sportsmanship that I have seen. From your fans who were confident but courteous, to your players who were talented but poised.

Your boys were tremendously disciplined, expertly coached, and displayed the utmost in sportsmanship and leadership; not to mention having phenomenal athletic ability. The post game prayer and the support of your boys as the LH band played the school song for the senior's final game was a powerful illustration of what you have built in Navasota and you should reflect proudly.

All but one of our seniors will most likely never play football again. Hopefully they will recall their playing time fondly and learn the lessons of young men that football teaches. I can tell you unequivocally however, that playing you and watching your actions in victory, they learned HOW to win with dignity and grace. I can only assume that many of your boys go onto succeed in whatever endeavor they pursue as it appears you have helped build them a solid foundation for success.

I wish you guys the best at the state final and in the years to come. Most LH fans are pulling for you guys.

All the best,"
Greg Thrash

This was sent to our school district this weekend and has been posted on the school website and the school facebook page.

Bug Truck
12-15-2014, 02:23 AM
Sounds like two very classy programs well done indeed

HEMOTOXIC
12-15-2014, 12:01 PM
This is pure class:

An email received from a Liberty Hill parent about our team, our coaching staff and our community.

"Coach,

I am the proud father of a Liberty Hill senior football player and have attended what seems like hundreds of games throughout his playing time. The game played against your squad on Friday, although disappointing to us in outcome, was one of the finest displays of sportsmanship that I have seen. From your fans who were confident but courteous, to your players who were talented but poised.

Your boys were tremendously disciplined, expertly coached, and displayed the utmost in sportsmanship and leadership; not to mention having phenomenal athletic ability. The post game prayer and the support of your boys as the LH band played the school song for the senior's final game was a powerful illustration of what you have built in Navasota and you should reflect proudly.

All but one of our seniors will most likely never play football again. Hopefully they will recall their playing time fondly and learn the lessons of young men that football teaches. I can tell you unequivocally however, that playing you and watching your actions in victory, they learned HOW to win with dignity and grace. I can only assume that many of your boys go onto succeed in whatever endeavor they pursue as it appears you have helped build them a solid foundation for success.

I wish you guys the best at the state final and in the years to come. Most LH fans are pulling for you guys.

All the best,"
Greg Thrash

This was sent to our school district this weekend and has been posted on the school website and the school facebook page.

Mr. Thrash, I believe that you and your family were eating at the same restaurant as some of our fans. Thanks for such a classy email.

bd62
12-17-2014, 03:14 PM
That speaks volumes to the community of Navasota and Liberty Hill. Two class programs and add character and great athletics and you have something special. Sinton and Yoakum went over to each school song after both games they played this year. It really stands out when schools do that. Battle on the field but friends afterwards. Shows lot of class.

bobcat1
12-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Bravo to 2 schools doing it the right way!

panfan
12-18-2014, 09:17 AM
Greg is a classy dude to begin with so its doesn't surprise me coming from him. Good letter, agree 100% with the sentiment.

bird_fan
12-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Navfasota is very classy team and great sportmanship. Hope you guys win it all.

Cam
12-18-2014, 10:29 AM
Greg is a classy dude to begin with so its doesn't surprise me coming from him. Good letter, agree 100% with the sentiment.

Greg maybe....you....NO!!:D:tongue: