PDA

View Full Version : Home team in championship game

lostaussie
12-14-2014, 11:54 AM
How is this determined? Seemed like we knew we would be home team immediately after game. I was wondering if it was pre arranged by coaches or if there was a criteria that determines it.

Eagle 1
12-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Good question, I was wondering this too?

Rabid Cougar
12-14-2014, 04:42 PM
Coin flip.

WOS1
12-14-2014, 06:16 PM
Coin flip.

I doubt it was a coin flip because the coaches have to be together to do that, and I'm quite certain they were not. I've been told they have a new way of doing it where they do something with the zip codes of Texas towns so they don't have to be present... I dunno, that's just what I've been told. It wouldn't surprise me if Thompson didn't volunteer to be visitors... We've been visitors the entire playoffs.

lostaussie
12-14-2014, 06:24 PM
I doubt it was a coin flip because the coaches have to be together to do that, and I'm quite certain they were not. I've been told they have a new way of doing it where they do something with the zip codes of Texas towns so they don't have to be present... I dunno, that's just what I've been told. It wouldn't surprise me if Thompson didn't volunteer to be visitors... We've been visitors the entire playoffs.

That would make more sense. It was way to fast for us to already know we were home. On another note......your coach may know that the only championships we have won were as visitors. Some guys like the mojo

lostaussie
12-14-2014, 06:27 PM
A little off this topic.....have you guys had a coaching change since the last time we met. I seem to remember a Dan Hooks? Sorry if I'm off base

GobblersUnite
12-14-2014, 07:41 PM
Is this alternated from year to year?

Rabid Cougar
12-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Really makes no difference. Its a neutral site.

RPF2666
12-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Don't you think it is possible that they met prior, "in the event that", and flipped a coin? Just saying...

RPF2666
12-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Good luck WOS, Gilmer is the real deal with a real cause... they are the best 4A team in the state and will not be stopped... IMHO...

Aesculus gilmus
12-14-2014, 08:45 PM
A little off this topic.....have you guys had a coaching change since the last time we met. I seem to remember a Dan Hooks? Sorry if I'm off base

Hooks retired (nearly) four years ago.

http://therecordlive.com/2011/04/20/cornel-thompson-named-new-wos-mustang-a-d/

lostaussie
12-14-2014, 09:03 PM
Hooks retired (nearly) four years ago.

http://therecordlive.com/2011/04/20/cornel-thompson-named-new-wos-mustang-a-d/

So did you guys promote or go outside and hire. Its irrelevant but I was curoius.

lostaussie
12-14-2014, 09:05 PM
So did you guys promote or go outside and hire. Its irrelevant but I was curoius.

Sorry. Ha I just saw Gilmus answered me. Thought I was asking a wos poster

bird_fan
12-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Is this alternated from year to year?

this is correct this year the north teams are hometeam next year the south are hme teams nand it switche every year

buckeyebob
12-14-2014, 10:38 PM

They still refer to a flip but it is done with zip codes...the UIL publishes a list of schools, and pertinent info...the main school zip last digit...odd or even...on the phone, one looks up a school & tells the other the name...he has to call odd or even immediately...you can alternate on home vs visitor, field, all at one time...they get to be pros @ obscure schools

lostaussie
12-14-2014, 10:40 PM
this is correct this year the north teams are hometeam next year the south are hme teams nand it switche every year

Finally got an answer. Couldn't figure out how I barely got to truck Friday and already knew we were home.

HEMOTOXIC
12-15-2014, 12:11 PM
Finally got an answer. Couldn't figure out how I barely got to truck Friday and already knew we were home.

Makes sense. We were visitors in 2012 now 2014.

Aguilafanatico
12-15-2014, 12:16 PM

Argyle and Gilmer on the same side. Now that's gotta be a first.

Rabid Cougar
12-15-2014, 12:18 PM
The question is "Which side is the home side?"

Eagle Nation
12-15-2014, 12:22 PM
I think the South side of the stadium is the home side.

GrTigers6
12-15-2014, 12:50 PM
The question is "Which side is the home side?"The side the press box is on DUH! :D
I think its the south side also

Sweetwater Red
12-15-2014, 12:55 PM
The question is "Which side is the home side?"

The side that the top of the star points to is the home side. That was told to me by the tour guide.
As I later found out that is the side the Cowboy locker room is on too obviously. Apparently Jerry
wanted the visiting fans to have a good look at the star during games. That is my take anyway.

GUNHO
12-15-2014, 01:23 PM

We promoted.Coach T ( Tompson ) was the DC for WO-S from the begging except for a short stint for a couple years.He came back because of politics in the school he was at.We fans would have had their heads if he would not have suceeded Hooks.

Rabid Cougar
12-15-2014, 02:27 PM
The side the press box is on DUH! :D
I think its the south side also

Cawrong. Press Box side is the visitors sideline ( North side) at Cowboys/AT&T/Jerry World. Cowboys sideline is always on TV. The Star always points towards the Cowboys!

I would also know this because Cameron wore White in 2012 (Northside) and wore Maroon in 2013 (South side) and will wear White(North side) again in 2014. :2thumbsup

WOS1
12-15-2014, 02:39 PM
That would make more sense. It was way to fast for us to already know we were home. On another note......your coach may know that the only championships we have won were as visitors. Some guys like the mojo

If CT knew that, and also looking at the fact that, we have been visitors the entire playoffs and knowing CT is all about the "MOJO", then we are probably right on the money...;)

WOS1
12-15-2014, 02:45 PM
If CT knew that, and also looking at the fact that, we have been visitors the entire playoffs and knowing CT is all about the "MOJO", then we are probably right on the money...;)
OK so I read the rest of the posts aaaaaand, never mind.

GrTigers6
12-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Cawrong. Press Box side is the visitors sideline ( North side) at Cowboys/AT&T/Jerry World. Cowboys sideline is always on TV. The Star always points towards the Cowboys!

I would also know this because Cameron wore White in 2012 (Northside) and wore Maroon in 2013 (South side) and will wear White(North side) again in 2014. :2thumbsupI was referring to what us officials use to determine the home side of a regular stadium lol I never can find the press box at AT&T

Rabid Cougar
12-15-2014, 04:57 PM
I was referring to what us officials use to determine the home side of a regular stadium lol I never can find the press box at AT&T

Its actually in the North East Endzone. Kid you not.

waterboy
12-15-2014, 05:03 PM
Argyle and Gilmer on the same side. Now that's gotta be a first.

Are y'all gonna get there early enough to catch the Gilmer / WO-S game?

Eagleborn
12-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Home team is decided by regions.

R1 and 2 home this year.

R3 and 4 home next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aguilafanatico
12-15-2014, 09:11 PM
Are y'all gonna get there early enough to catch the Gilmer / WO-S game?

In here already.

waterboy
12-15-2014, 11:20 PM
In here already.

Save me about 6 seats on the aisle in the middle bottom section between the 40s about half way up please!:D

Check that... the first row in the second level at the 50 is the best seat in the house... Get me 6 seats there.:2thumbsup