PDA

View Full Version : WORST STADIUMS IN 3A!!!!!!

BigRedfan
09-23-2002, 04:29 PM
What are some of the worst places that you have had to play this year or even in the past?

I would say one of the worst places to play unless they have got a new stadium is Clarksville Tiger stadium.

Jacket2000
09-23-2002, 04:31 PM
Quinlan Ford.
J2K

TarponRl3k
09-23-2002, 04:47 PM
this subject is kinda harsh. I'd have to say that Progresso's facilities are pretty poor

TarponRl3k
09-23-2002, 04:48 PM
i only say that because they aren't the richest district in the world so i mean- they arent gonna have great things to work with you know what im saying? Though...if they could afford band uniforms, that red and black would look awesome. Especially with a sash of silver......

slpybear the bullfan
09-23-2002, 06:21 PM
Boyd, (used to be three A). Bad, Bad, Bad...

I can't stand the visitor section of Decatur's field, (Course, growing up in B'port it is hard to like much about that field).

Gainesville's stadium has a "city" feel to it I just don't like.

Southlake's old 3A stadium was horrible.

Northwest has some of the worst traffic at their field.

slpybear

pirateman98
09-23-2002, 08:07 PM
I would have to say it has to be Taft's stadium. If they were still in 3a it would be Odem as well.

tors2002
09-23-2002, 08:53 PM
Van Horn is by far the worst in the state.

Head Hunter
09-23-2002, 09:08 PM
Hearne which use to be 3a was pretty bad and elgin has a bad field, if you get hit good goin out of bounds you will be stopped by the bleachers

therealbulldogs
09-23-2002, 09:33 PM
Bandera has to have the worst stadium in the state of Texas.

Keith7
09-23-2002, 09:55 PM
Bonham has delapitaded stands.. and Lake Worth has auctions goin on behind the stadium.. both are 2 or the worst stadiums I've ever played in

QBKilla
09-23-2002, 10:53 PM
HAMSHIRE-FANNETT, yall just don't know.

exbccards76'smom
09-24-2002, 12:16 AM
I know for sure...Hamshire visitor stands are pretty bad. But Buna and Newton both have light poles on or about the 50 yard line in front of their visitors stand.

spaniard
09-24-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by therealbulldogs:
Bandera has to have the worst stadium in the state of Texas.

i know yalls baseball field stinks, or it did about 3 years ago. didnt realize your football field did too

------------------
<><

tors2002
09-24-2002, 12:29 AM
Van Horn is not 3A, but there is only one paved street in town besides I-10. The field is dirt and the locker rooms are cinder block. The road up to the school and stadium is dirt and the bleachers are still wood that is cracking and broke. Pretty sad conditions.

russ31
09-24-2002, 03:54 AM
i'll second clarksville's stadium.. sand and holes throughout the field.. no telling how many knees and ankles were hurt there

footballgal
09-24-2002, 08:18 AM
Sorry Lyford people but I have to say ;
Lyford's Stadium if you can call it that, the stands both home and especially visitor's side is very small, it always smells funky and there is always some kind of bugs flying around.

Titans
09-24-2002, 08:23 AM
Mexia's, in my opinion, stink.

buffalo booster
09-24-2002, 09:02 AM
Has to be Elgin. Field is in bad shape and has poor drainage. It is also "narrow" and a chainlink fence runs immediately behind the visitor's bench. I've seen more than one kid get run into the fence when he goes out of bounds. Not enough parking near the field. Finally, the visitor's stands are probably some of the worst in the area.

Tiger Turtle
09-24-2002, 09:32 AM
Bellville's visitor stands are about the worst I have ever seen. Allegedly, they were acquired from CyFair before when they built their stadium. When you walk up the stands, the whole structure sways, and the splinters stick yoou in the butt if you don't bring something to sit on.

TarponRl3k
09-24-2002, 04:43 PM
thats true, there are always those funky bugs. is that lyford taht they always are at? I'll be sure to take some OFF or bug spray with me to away games.

ana
09-24-2002, 05:57 PM
Tiger Turtle, I do not know when the last time you came to the Bellville stadium but it is not wood any more so no splinters would be sticking you in the ass. It is actually pretty nice now, maybe that is just because I am from here but you should come and check it out.

travis
09-24-2002, 06:07 PM
Yeah, Bellville went to aluminum a couple years ago, no more splinters.

we bring hat
09-24-2002, 09:17 PM
Qbkilla is just mad because Barbers Hill lost at Hamshire-Fannett's stadium this year.
Oh well if the lights went out that was Claude Travers fault for not fixing them last year, but this year the new head coach got them fixed after that game. They will be ready when the Bridge City cardnials come to town this Friday. This game will probably see who will become the district champions.

BigBrother70
09-24-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by buffalo booster:
Has to be Elgin. Field is in bad shape and has poor drainage. It is also "narrow" and a chainlink fence runs immediately behind the visitor's bench. I've seen more than one kid get run into the fence when he goes out of bounds. Not enough parking near the field. Finally, the visitor's stands are probably some of the worst in the area.
Good News, Looks like we are going to have a Bond Electon in Feb. A new Athletic complex will be on the ballot.
Hope we can vote it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G'ville-CH
09-24-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan:
Boyd, (used to be three A). Bad, Bad, Bad...

I can't stand the visitor section of Decatur's field, (Course, growing up in B'port it is hard to like much about that field).

Gainesville's stadium has a "city" feel to it I just don't like.

Southlake's old 3A stadium was horrible.

Northwest has some of the worst traffic at their field.

slpybear

a city feel??? I love our stadium, everything you need...

QBKilla
09-25-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by we bring hat:
Qbkilla is just mad because Barbers Hill lost at Hamshire-Fannett's stadium this year.
Oh well if the lights went out that was Claude Travers fault for not fixing them last year, but this year the new head coach got them fixed after that game. They will be ready when the Bridge City cardnials come to town this Friday. This game will probably see who will become the district champions.

I didn't know yall had computers in Hamshire. And no I'm not mad, but you sure as hell can't argue that your stadium doesn't suck. Your freaking scoreboard didn't even work. I guess yall spent all yall's money paying off the refs.

unknown
09-25-2002, 08:44 AM
bandera has to have the crapiest field alive their field smells and way to compact there is no room to do anythingand i just hate bandera andy blunt still sucks a fat one even though he graduated 2 years ago

ATMO
09-25-2002, 08:55 AM
Clyde. If you've been there, you know what I'm talking about. Visitors dressing room holds about 15. If you get tackled on the sideline, you go into or under the chain-link fencing (which is only about 3 ft tall to keep people from leaning on it). The field is crooked. Stadium seats about 1,000. Wylie's band fills up the visitors section. It can't even hold a six-man game's crowd. The lack of pavement or concrete creates a huge dust cloud every game. The turf is usually nice, but 5-8 games per week wears it out pretty quickly. And oh, before I forget, they have old wooden seating. If it ain't rotten, it's got splinters!

Xsmack
09-25-2002, 09:02 AM
Mart. Let's see, the sand in the field, and the drop off beside the visitors stand, oh yeah, and don't forget your ball boy being scared to go get the ball after extra point because it landed in the middle of some big guys yard, and he is sitting there with is keg and reefer partying going on. lol Mary Jane lives like 20 yards from the goal post. Even weak kickers can put it through the Purple Sticky Punch house.

gripit&ripit
09-25-2002, 09:49 AM
Tarkington's field is terrible. I have better grass in my pasture than they do on between the sidelines.

Dark-Knight
09-25-2002, 09:57 AM
There is no bad stadium in 3-a. There are just stadiums that need to be largly modified.

CHS_Grad '85
09-25-2002, 11:01 AM
I have to agree with B_Booster... Elgin's is the worst I've attended. Their PA system is terrible. But, I believe they are in the process of building a new one--

we bring hat
09-25-2002, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by QBKilla:
[B] I didn't know yall had computers in Hamshire. And no I'm not mad, but you sure as hell can't argue that your stadium doesn't suck. Your freaking scoreboard didn't even work. I guess yall spent all yall's money paying off the refs.

We don't pay off any refs. The refs called that game fair we cant help it if yall cant win when it is raining and soakin wet. If we had 15 refineries in ours school district to we could pay off the refs like yall did the 2 years before this year when we played at yalls stadium.

Hoss
09-26-2002, 12:34 PM
when was the last time you were in Bellville? They have new metal bleacher now. Now the stadium is one of the finest in the state in 3A.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-26-2002, 02:51 PM
I will have 2 say Elgin, even though I have friends there, but man that field is so small. There is no parking. It has a fence that runs 2 feet from the sideline; hell it almost looks like arena football. The visitors side is so small our band took almost 3/4 of the space. If you never been to the Elgin field/stadium; just look closely at one of the small fields used in the move "Varisty Blues"

QBKilla
09-27-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by we bring hat:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by QBKilla:
[B] I didn't know yall had computers in Hamshire. And no I'm not mad, but you sure as hell can't argue that your stadium doesn't suck. Your freaking scoreboard didn't even work. I guess yall spent all yall's money paying off the refs.

We don't pay off any refs. The refs called that game fair we cant help it if yall cant win when it is raining and soakin wet. If we had 15 refineries in ours school district to we could pay off the refs like yall did the 2 years before this year when we played at yalls stadium.

Every big play we had got called back by the one-sided refs. We reviewed the film and most of them weren't even penalties. The least yall could have done is paint lines on the field. Do yall take pride in being trashy? Is there not enough money in yall's athletic budget for field paint? I can't wait till Tarver comes to yalls place and spanks yall like his little girl; in spite of your ghetto trash stadium. It is probably a good thing that your scoreboard doesn't work, after Bridge City is done with yall, none of yall are gonna want to look at it anyways. I'll see you during track season.

[This message has been edited by QBKilla (edited September 27, 2002).]

SintonFan_inAustin
09-27-2002, 01:31 PM
Orange Grove is bad. And throw in the bugs that u fight with thru the game.Thiers chairs on the track for the band. No room in the stands, if they can be called stands. Their staduim is build for a 1A team not 3A.Nice people though.

Donkey41
09-27-2002, 02:30 PM
Bandera's Field is horrible. You can't even see the scoreboard from the stands because it's covered by trees.