PDA

View Full Version : Stidham

Deuce
12-13-2014, 10:09 PM
Just saw on Twitter that he decided to decommit from Tech. Any truth to this?

toddg
12-13-2014, 10:22 PM

It's true, if it's on twitter, it has to be!!

Deuce
12-13-2014, 10:23 PM
Baylor?

hollywood
12-13-2014, 10:34 PM
Baylor?

That's my guess but it could be Oregon IMO

Deuce
12-13-2014, 10:38 PM
That's my guess but it could be Oregon IMO

Good for him!

Saggy Aggie
12-13-2014, 10:49 PM

He posted it to his personal Twitter account so Id say it doesn't get any more legit than that....

bobcat1
12-13-2014, 11:08 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2014/12/13/7388829/jarrett-stidham-decommits-texas-tech-red-raiders

toddg
12-13-2014, 11:16 PM
Where ever he goes, he'll do well and I'll enjoy seeing him play on Saturdays

Celina8
12-14-2014, 10:18 AM
Would love to see him in Austin , but that probably will not happen. One place a QB might consider now is SMU with Chad Morris as the new Head Coach. I know they will have some hard years ahead, but I think he would have a good chance at starting.

marler1972
12-14-2014, 10:25 AM
Baylor or SMU?

slingshot
12-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Know this is a minority opinion but... he needs to redshirt. Would be the best thing for him. You think Graham's defense was good? Just wait until you play Oklahoma or TCU. He needs to pack on 20 lbs of muscle to handle the hits from 250 lb LB's that are just as fast as he is. I do believe his skill set is as ready as any QB coming out of HS can be--just think a redshirt year would benefit him. Just my opinion and I know everyone else will disagree...

Aguilafanatico
12-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Baylor or SMU?

I heard SMU.

Sville
12-14-2014, 12:11 PM
He has had an affinity for Oregon for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if that is where he ends up.

He will have to decide in a hurry, he graduates this week.

caleb_mccaig
12-14-2014, 12:34 PM
Lol top recruits almost never redshirt anymore. It's playing time or they transfer; Gunner Kiel style.

One of my friends works for 247sports and said that he decommitted after an in-house visit from Baylor.

caleb_mccaig
12-14-2014, 12:36 PM
He has had an affinity for Oregon for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if that is where he ends up.

He will have to decide in a hurry, he graduates this week.

Doesn't matter when he graduates. He has until the next semester begins to enroll. Gunner Kiel a couple of years ago was committed to LSU to early enroll and the day he was supposed to move on campus decided he wanted to go to ND and did just that. He has about a month.

slingshot
12-14-2014, 02:56 PM
I heard SMU.I hope not... this kid deserves to go to a top program.

Cactus Thomas
12-14-2014, 04:05 PM
If he goes to Baylor, there will only be so much that the Big 12-4+2 can do to hold them out of the playoffs.

1st and goal
12-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Hope he stays in state.

Celina8
12-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Pretty sure which ever school he goes to will be the one he wants to be at no matter what. He can pretty much go to any school in the USA I think as he is being recruited by everyone.

caleb_mccaig
12-14-2014, 05:23 PM
My 247 friend ust txted me and said Stidham is on the Baylor campus right now.

Cactus Thomas
12-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Over on the raiderpower boards they are running Briles, JS and the Copeland family through the mud. They are making big statements against their character and even accusations of cheating and NCAA violations. A crazy bunch over there but they seem convinced he will play for BU.

I don't know any of those people and have no reason to believe what they say on those forums; they are very butt hurt and understandably so.

Weebe
12-14-2014, 08:46 PM
There really needs to be an early signing period for football. It would eliminate a lot of messy situations like this.

caleb_mccaig
12-14-2014, 08:54 PM
There really needs to be an early signing period for football. It would eliminate a lot of messy situations like this.

Explain how this is messy? An 18 year old kid changed his mind. I wouldnt say that is out of the ordinary. The only thing that is kind of "messy" is the classless Tech fans.

Weebe
12-14-2014, 09:04 PM
It's messy because Tech has been counting on him as their QB for this class for nearly a year. It's hard to recruit other QB's when you have a top 10 guy committed. Now, they have nothing.

In this case, Tech got burned. But it happens to kids as well when colleges pull offers for committed kids late in the process.

Deuce
12-14-2014, 09:05 PM
It's messy because Tech has been counting on him as their QB for this class for nearly a year. It's hard to recruit other QB's when you have a top 10 guy committed. Now, they have nothing.

In this case, Tech got burned. But it happens to kids as well when colleges pull offers for committed kids late in the process.

Exactly! It works both ways!!

caleb_mccaig
12-14-2014, 09:22 PM
I mean yeah, its part of the recruiting game. If it was easy then everyone would be good.

Rabid Cougar
12-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Know this is a minority opinion but... he needs to redshirt. Would be the best thing for him. You think Graham's defense was good? Just wait until you play Oklahoma or TCU. He needs to pack on 20 lbs of muscle to handle the hits from 250 lb LB's that are just as fast as he is. I do believe his skill set is as ready as any QB coming out of HS can be--just think a redshirt year would benefit him. Just my opinion and I know everyone else will disagree...

No way he picks up 20 pounds of muscle in a year.

Also Baylor still has Chad President from Temple committed.. He is still playing by the way.

toddg
12-14-2014, 11:06 PM
No way he picks up 20 pounds of muscle in a year.

Also Baylor still has Chad President from Temple committed.. He is still playing by the way. he will be an excellent wr for Stidham at Baylor.

OldBison75
12-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Stidham committed when Tech was not in the turmoil they are right now. A lot of talk about coaching staff changes and I am sure that has an effect on his decision. Whoever gets this kid has a great athlete on their hands. Remember, he is a pretty good receiver and defensive player also. He will be courted heavily by a lot of schools.

Macarthur
12-15-2014, 01:03 AM
Over on the raiderpower boards they are running Briles, JS and the Copeland family through the mud. They are making big statements against their character and even accusations of cheating and NCAA violations. A crazy bunch over there but they seem convinced he will play for BU.

I don't know any of those people and have no reason to believe what they say on those forums; they are very butt hurt and understandably so.

There does seem to be some weird stuff surrounding this story.

YTBulldogs
12-15-2014, 01:13 AM
Exactly! It works both ways!!

How about when a coach bolts for greener pastures on those he said he wanted to coach at a school, and recruited them? Got them there, then leaves. Two way street when it comes to de-committing.

D'Highlander
12-15-2014, 06:36 AM
If you (Tech Fans, are there any on here?) are wanting to blame someone, I gotta a guy for you. How about a Head Coach, who up until Saturday, had been telling Stidham that he would get to compete for the starting job and then change his tune and want him to redshirt...

I also hear the Kliff said that his GF was ugly, kicked his dog and egged his truck...

2muchOffense
12-15-2014, 07:02 AM
Kliff told him all along he would get a chance to compete for the starting job. That's all Stidham wanted was a chance. That chance was the reason he chose Tech over others. However, if your going to get redshirted, then might as well do it at a Oregon, Alabama, or Baylor and not Texas Tech.

D'Highlander
12-15-2014, 08:06 AM
Where is the elder Stidham when you need him? here4villa?

Deuce
12-15-2014, 08:22 AM
How about when a coach bolts for greener pastures on those he said he wanted to coach at a school, and recruited them? Got them there, then leaves. Two way street when it comes to de-committing.

That was my point. Coaches screw the kids over all time.

Tom Foolery
12-15-2014, 09:19 AM
Stidham committed when Tech was not in the turmoil they are right now. A lot of talk about coaching staff changes and I am sure that has an effect on his decision. Whoever gets this kid has a great athlete on their hands. Remember, he is a pretty good receiver and defensive player also. He will be courted heavily by a lot of schools.

What coaching changes are you talking about? D Coordinator?

jockcity33
12-15-2014, 10:57 AM
I told my wife two weeks ago that Stidham would not go to Tech, because good QB's these days do not want to sit and wait behind another good QB, they all want to go in and play right away.

hollywood
12-15-2014, 12:19 PM
Baylor

Cactus Thomas
12-15-2014, 01:48 PM
If you (Tech Fans, are there any on here?) are wanting to blame someone, I gotta a guy for you. How about a Head Coach, who up until Saturday, had been telling Stidham that he would get to compete for the starting job and then change his tune and want him to redshirt...

I also hear the Kliff said that his GF was ugly, kicked his dog and egged his truck...

tceh fans are claiming that KK was still offering him a chance to compete next year but that JS and his roomate/mentor/who ever are demanding that JS be named the starter without competing.

That makes no since and I do not believe it for a second. QB's at his level are competitors and I really doubt Stidham would be too worried about Mahomeboy.

Bosqueville
12-15-2014, 01:50 PM
Baylor

I hope you're right!

Rabid Cougar
12-15-2014, 02:18 PM
I would watch out for SMU. He could be the man from the get go there. There is still a back up QB at Baylor that is ready to go.

Bosqueville
12-15-2014, 02:34 PM
I would watch out for SMU. He could be the man from the get go there. There is still a back up QB at Baylor that is ready to go.

I just don't see this as an option. Going to literally the worst program in the US so he can start?? No way.

caleb_mccaig
12-15-2014, 03:09 PM
I just don't see this as an option. Going to literally the worst program in the US so he can start?? No way.

The new SMU coach used to coach at Stephenville. Ties help a lot.

Emerson1
12-15-2014, 03:13 PM

Is Tech really in that much better shape than SMU.

caleb_mccaig
12-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Is Tech really in that much better shape than SMU.

Tech at least competed with some teams this year and is in a power five conference, something SMU doesn't have.

Rabid Cougar
12-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Tech at least competed with some teams this year and is in a power five conference, something SMU doesn't have.

For Chad Morris who runs the same offense as he ran at Stephenville and has developed some very talented QBs? Morris hired DeSoto's Head coach as his running back coach. SMU will get its talent.

D'Highlander
12-16-2014, 06:32 AM
Heard Stidham might not chose Baylor just because that is where 'everyone' wants him to go...

Weebe
12-16-2014, 07:25 AM
Heard Stidham might not chose Baylor just because that is where 'everyone' wants him to go...

That'll show em.

hollywood
12-16-2014, 08:09 AM
Talk at the Whataburger in Dublin is that he may just go to Tarleton.

Deuce
12-16-2014, 08:13 AM

Haha!!

refereedoc
12-16-2014, 09:20 AM
The new SMU coach used to coach at Stephenville. Ties help a lot.

He has NO relationship with Chad Morris. Current staff has very little ties with him.

hollywood
12-16-2014, 10:02 AM
Haha!!

Lol.. :D

toddg
12-16-2014, 10:47 AM
He is polished enough to be a difference maker at the D1 level next fall, and should be given the opportunity to compete this spring, regardless where he goes! Nuff Said!

New Taiton
12-16-2014, 11:54 AM

This is only applicable when a head coach leaves and the new coach doesn't honor the existing commitments, like Coach Strong did with Johnny Shaw, Jalen Campblee, and Reggie Hemphill this year. In this case, the kid is left holding the bag and could be a detriment.

If a position coach who recruited an athlete takes another job - nobody is left hold the bag - the coach took a better job to support his family and the athlete still has a scholarship from that school.

Benchwarmer
12-16-2014, 05:49 PM
BREAKING NEWS: This just came in hot off the press. Jarrett is re-enrolling in the Spring at Stephenville High School. He is awaiting the UTA (Arlington) Board of Regents to reinstate football in the Spring. The entire coaching staff at the high school will be going with him. Thus I will not have to buy any type of new sportswear because all my GO MAVS shirts will work.

caleb_mccaig
12-17-2014, 01:16 PM

Four year All-American

hollywood
01-06-2015, 12:23 PM
http://youtu.be/pSGGYOvv7WU