YTBulldogs
12-12-2014, 11:32 PM
Can't wait for this one.

Leopardfan201
12-12-2014, 11:35 PM
Give me Gilmer 52/21

HEMOTOXIC
12-13-2014, 12:55 AM
Great doubleheader next Friday. Can't wait.

griff
12-13-2014, 02:16 AM
Give me Gilmer 52/21

Gilmer will score and earn some points, but WO-S has given up 52 only once in school history. That's a very tall order against a stiff defense. I know it's wishful thinking on your part, but really?

orange machine
12-13-2014, 02:22 AM
Gilmer has the most explosive offense I have seen probably ever and their defense is really good. Gilmer in another blowout.

Leopardfan201
12-13-2014, 03:31 AM
I say gilmer by 30 to 35 points.. Gilmer offense will not be stopped

Pudlugger
12-13-2014, 07:19 AM
WOS will be fired up and crazy good for this game more so than the first half of the LG game and more so than the 4th quarter of the Sinton game. They will be playing up to another level. Gilmer has not faced a team that really believes it will win. Super Bowl III all over again with the Mustangs winning 35-28. :D

Saggy Aggie
12-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Sinton was able to move the ball much better than I thought they would against WOS.

That D is really good, but really shines when the opponent is one dimensional. Gilmer will be balanced enough to hurt WOS on the ground and through the air.

I'm not saying WOS can't win, but they'd have to score more than 30 to do it. I don't see Gilmer scoring less than that

bobcat1
12-13-2014, 08:24 AM
Give me Gilmer in this one. I believe the hype (which isn't hype) after last night. I believe the only way Gilmer loses is if the buses don't make it.

HEMOTOXIC
12-13-2014, 09:54 AM
I hope that this game doesn't turn out like 2012 for WO-S. We all heard about that great defense for the Mustangs. In the end, it wasn't much of a contest. As someone pointed out, just like Navasota, Gilmer is not one demensional and the Buckeyes will spread the ball around having the Mustangs playing the guessing game.

Hopefully, this game won't get out of hand. Good luck to both.

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 10:08 AM
I just want to be that 1st Buckeye to post on THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD.

YTBulldogs
12-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Just glad I get a chance to see this game. Congrats to both schools making the "show" after a long journey. Now, give us high school fan's one.

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 10:39 AM
http://m.news-journal.com/mobile/etvarsity/high_school/et-football-gilmer-buckeyes-head-to-state-after-defeating-celina/article_3c0a4236-8288-11e4-8642-87e414a94591.html

pirate4state
12-13-2014, 10:43 AM
I don't know how much my heart will be in this game, but I will be there in my Sinton gear! Great friends on both teams so I won't predict a winner. May the best team win!

tricky1965
12-13-2014, 10:50 AM
http://m.news-journal.com/mobile/etvarsity/high_school/et-football-gilmer-buckeyes-head-to-state-after-defeating-celina/article_3c0a4236-8288-11e4-8642-87e414a94591.html

Good article. Didn't realize where we stood on scoring history. Pretty amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 11:00 AM
Gilmer will score and earn some points, but WO-S has given up 52 only once in school history. That's a very tall order against a stiff defense. I know it's wishful thinking on your part, but really?

Several have come before with the same thing...didn't work very well for them...we will see

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 11:01 AM
WOS will be fired up and crazy good for this game more so than the first half of the LG game and more so than the 4th quarter of the Sinton game. They will be playing up to another level. Gilmer has not faced a team that really believes it will win. Super Bowl III all over again with the Mustangs winning 35-28. :D

Explain this to Gladewater...didn't work too well for them

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Sinton was able to move the ball much better than I thought they would against WOS.

That D is really good, but really shines when the opponent is one dimensional. Gilmer will be balanced enough to hurt WOS on the ground and through the air.

I'm not saying WOS can't win, but they'd have to score more than 30 to do it. I don't see Gilmer scoring less than that

The Bux are averaging 60+ points per game & allowing 15...I sure WO-S will do much better

chaingang
12-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Explain this to Gladewater...didn't work too well for them

I wouldn't get to cocky about the Gladewater win. They should have beat you. 1 mental mistake was the difference. Yeah, I understand according to yall that WOS has zero chance. That's ok though, our little ole football team might surprise you.

Saggy Aggie
12-13-2014, 11:14 AM
The Bux are averaging 60+ points per game & allowing 15...I sure WO-S will do much better

Gilmer will be by far the best offense WOS has faced, but this will also be the best defense Gilmer has faced, so we'll see....

I think Gilmer will get theirs, but it will be well below their season average.

To me, the more interesting matchup will be WOS offense against the buckeye D

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 11:15 AM
Gonna be a classic!!

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't get to cocky about the Gladewater win. They should have beat you. 1 mental mistake was the difference. Yeah, I understand according to yall that WOS has zero chance. That's ok though, our little ole football team might surprise you.

That "y'all" you threw in might be a few to many. We prepare.......but we NEVER UNDERESTIMATE our opponents

bobcat1
12-13-2014, 11:21 AM
To me, the more interesting matchup will be WOS offense against the buckeye D This was the surprise last night. They have D1 talent all over that defense. Just wait.... you'll see.

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 11:24 AM
Our newest superstar in the making played a huge game last night. #22 Kelton Collier is just a soph. Kid is gonna be a beast

Aguilafanatico
12-13-2014, 11:35 AM
Our newest superstar in the making played a huge game last night. #22 Kelton Collier is just a soph. Kid is gonna be a beast

GO REGION 2! Glad that we can be in the same stadium but don't have to be on opposite sides for once. I will be pulling for You guys.

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 11:42 AM
GO REGION 2! Glad that we can be in the same stadium but don't have to be on opposite sides for once. I will be pulling for You guys.

Gilmer will be home team......so I guess we will be "Back in Black"

chaingang
12-13-2014, 11:49 AM
That "y'all" you threw in might be a few to many. We prepare.......but we NEVER UNDERESTIMATE our opponents

Im sorry. I forget "you guys" are from NE Texas. Yankees. j/k lol

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Im sorry. I forget "you guys" are from NE Texas. Yankees. j/k lol

Are y'all beating us up on SETX? I might better go snoop around and take up for the Buckeyes!! Lol

tricky1965
12-13-2014, 11:54 AM

Incorrect , they COULD have beat us, not should have beat us! Let's make sure that is clear.

chaingang
12-13-2014, 01:05 PM
Are y'all beating us up on SETX? I might better go snoop around and take up for the Buckeyes!! Lol

No, you wont see that type of stuff from us. We are very respectful to our opponents. We've been here before. All I will say is we will be ready and win or lose, youll like what you see out of the Mustangs. We don't dress many kids but don't let that fool you when you see us. And please come over to our site. We welcome anyone and everyone. Always nice to hear input from people out of our area.

chaingang
12-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Incorrect , they COULD have beat us, not should have beat us! Let's make sure that is clear.

Fair enough but i think he should have referenced a different game with the point he was trying to make.

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 01:17 PM
No, you wont see that type of stuff from us. We are very respectful to our opponents. We've been here before. All I will say is we will be ready and win or lose, youll like what you see out of the Mustangs. We don't dress many kids but don't let that fool you when you see us. And please come over to our site. We welcome anyone and everyone. Always nice to hear input from people out of our area.

I had an account one upon a time. I tried to resign up this morning bit it told me my username was taken. So I opened a new account under "Losteraussie" :D still waiting on my email instructions

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 01:26 PM

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda...No "one mental mistake"...Champions know how to get the win...I see no one that says WO-S has no chance...we both have a chance...& we have seen WO-S before.

buckeyebob
12-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Gilmer will be by far the best offense WOS has faced, but this will also be the best defense Gilmer has faced, so we'll see....

I think Gilmer will get theirs, but it will be well below their season average.

To me, the more interesting matchup will be WOS offense against the buckeye D
As long as it's Gilmer +1.

chaingang
12-13-2014, 01:31 PM
I had an account one upon a time. I tried to resign up this morning bit it told me my username was taken. So I opened a new account under "Losteraussie" :D still waiting on my email instructions

Ok, hold on, let me see what i can do.

chaingang
12-13-2014, 01:55 PM

Ok. Go ahead and check again in a min. You should be good to go now.

tricky1965
12-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Hey chain gang give us the site

chaingang
12-13-2014, 03:05 PM
www.**********.com

Really good site. It is run very well and we have some very knowledgeable posters.

chaingang
12-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Ill try again. lol. **********

Wow, looks like someone doesnt like to play with others. geez.

s e t x s p o r t s

poisoned10
12-13-2014, 03:10 PM
The most WO-S has allowed this season is 27 points to Port Neches-Groves and they have only allowed 20 points are more in 4 of their games. I have no doubt this will be the toughest defense Gilmer will see this year as is usually the case when you play them.

I agree that Gilmer likely won't reach our season average of 61+, but I do believe we will be able to put up 35-45. Back in 2008, WO-S had only allowed 56 points total prior to the game against Gilmer and they were able to put up 35 in a win. I know that was 6 years ago, but it is something to talk about. That Gilmer offense was very good, but no where near the level that this year's team is on. I can't compare WO-S's defenses from '08 to this year because I only saw that one game in '08 and haven't seen video of this year's team yet.

I believe Gilmer holds a big advantage over WO-S when comparing offenses and WO-S holds an advantage over Gilmer on defense.

My early prediction is Gilmer wins by 2 TD's. I may or may not change that as I see WO-S.

One for All
All for 8

DEZign8

Go Buckeyes!

Leopardfan201
12-13-2014, 03:51 PM
I been hearing about this gilmer scoring machine all year, excited too see them play

RPF2666
12-13-2014, 04:26 PM
I been hearing about this gilmer scoring machine all year, excited too see them play

Hold on tight!

WOS1
12-13-2014, 07:06 PM
Several have come before with the same thing...didn't work very well for them...we will see

And the same has been said by many to us as well...

WOS1
12-13-2014, 07:10 PM
Well, who is "we" because it's evident some of your fans, and honestly, it looks like MOST are underestimating us.

marler1972
12-13-2014, 08:59 PM
Well, who is "we" because it's evident some of your fans, and honestly, it looks like MOST are underestimating us.

No disrespect for WOS but they get plowed. I would not of said that had I not witnessed them last night.
I have alot of respect for WOS.

tricky1965
12-13-2014, 09:03 PM

Not me. I always respect our opponents. Like to see good posts and talk some good football. I sure WOS will be ready and prepared. You guys have had a great program for a long time. Would like to know what type offense / defense you guys run.

poisoned10
12-13-2014, 09:45 PM

Please show me where Gilmer is "underestimating" WO-S or saying that they don't have a chance? And if you didn't know already, Buckeyebob doesn't count.

If you are referring to my comment, by no means was I implying that WO-S has no chance and I don't believe that there is any way to interpret me saying I think Gilmer will win by 14 as "underestimating" WO-S. It is only an opinion based on what I've seen from Gilmer and what I've heard about WO-S. In fact, I do believe I said that this is the best defense Gilmer will see this year.

So don't be upset that some people aren't picking WO-S to win. Also, keep in mind who is saying what. Just because someone says Gilmer will win or roll or just have to get off the bus to win, doesn't mean it's coming from a Gilmer fan. Believe me, we from Gilmer realize how good you guys are and the amount of talent and athleticism you will put on the field.

P.S. - Gilmer's offense still gets underestimated. Just ask Celina's coach what he thought of Gilmer before and after the game last night.

Good Luck to you guys. We will see you Friday.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

poisoned10
12-13-2014, 09:50 PM
Great doubleheader next Friday. Can't wait.

I'm gonna stick around and watch you guys after our game. The Mrs. isn't too excited about it, but she doesn't have a say so on the matter this time. :D

I would like to say something to the Gilmer fans that stick around to watch Navasota vs. Argyle ... If they don't clear the stands in between games, please move so the fans of the current game can have the seats right behind the team. In 2012 we played after Daingerfield and they did not clear the stands after their game. Most of their fans stick around to watch our game and stayed right where they were forcing the Gilmer fans to sit out towards the end zone.

Luckily we will be the 1st game and won't have to worry about that this time.

Leopardfan201
12-13-2014, 09:52 PM
WOS defense is legit, however Gilmer offense is the best WOS seen all year. I believe gilmer will score at will sumwhr in the 50's. Gilmer will win this game by 25 to 30 points. Just going by what I seen from gilmer all year. I believe the only team that can hang with gilmer is Navasota. Too bad them 2 aren't playing

WOS1
12-13-2014, 10:58 PM
Please show me where Gilmer is "underestimating" WO-S or saying that they don't have a chance? And if you didn't know already, Buckeyebob doesn't count.

If you are referring to my comment, by no means was I implying that WO-S has no chance and I don't believe that there is any way to interpret me saying I think Gilmer will win by 14 as "underestimating" WO-S. It is only an opinion based on what I've seen from Gilmer and what I've heard about WO-S. In fact, I do believe I said that this is the best defense Gilmer will see this year.

So don't be upset that some people aren't picking WO-S to win. Also, keep in mind who is saying what. Just because someone says Gilmer will win or roll or just have to get off the bus to win, doesn't mean it's coming from a Gilmer fan. Believe me, we from Gilmer realize how good you guys are and the amount of talent and athleticism you will put on the field.

P.S. - Gilmer's offense still gets underestimated. Just ask Celina's coach what he thought of Gilmer before and after the game last night.

Good Luck to you guys. We will see you Friday.

OK I didn't get the memo on Bob.

WOS1
12-13-2014, 11:02 PM
WOS defense is legit, however Gilmer offense is the best WOS seen all year. I believe gilmer will score at will sumwhr in the 50's. Gilmer will win this game by 25 to 30 points. Just going by what I seen from gilmer all year. I believe the only team that can hang with gilmer is Navasota. Too bad them 2 aren't playing

We have only given up 50 points once in our 37 year history. Not gonna say it wont happen, but it's not likely.

bobcat1
12-13-2014, 11:09 PM
We have only given up 50 points once in our 37 year history. Not gonna say it wont happen, but it's not likely.

Uh oh.......

poisoned10
12-13-2014, 11:33 PM

When was that? And how what is the highest point total you guys have allowed?

toddg
12-13-2014, 11:56 PM
Gilmer will be home team......so I guess we will be "Back in Black"

Be like mike, be like SLC...they have always been y'all's Heros huh Lostaussie?! LOL! Just funnin' buddy!

movethechain
12-14-2014, 12:02 AM

From ETSN.fm, about last night's game. "The points allowed and margin of defeat were the worst in the history of Celina football"

Celina "allowed" 67 points to Gilmer and the margin was 53 points. WOS better bring their A game Friday, as we know they will.

lostaussie
12-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Be like mike, be like SLC...they have always been y'all's Heros huh Lostaussie?! LOL! Just funnin' buddy!

We play better in black.....its that intimidation factor:D

pirate4state
12-14-2014, 12:26 AM

I know you were one of the few that didn't underestimate my Pirates, but now the rest of your fans will know how we felt all last week. No one giving you a shot. ;) As I've said before -- I will be there to watch and I have great friends on both sides, so for me...it is a win-win of sorts...

Aesculus gilmus
12-14-2014, 09:32 AM
We play better in black.....its that intimidation factor:D

I just saw your comments on the SETX board about JTraylor's postgame speech to the players which was caught on video. I basically agree with you, but I think he might have worded it a bit differently if he had known it'd be on YouTube within the hour.

Everyone needs to realize that anything you say or do is likely being recorded at ALL TIMES. From the NSA on down, somebody's watching us 24/7.

On edit: OTOH, he might have seen the camera, assumed it was rolling (it has been at other recent games) and carefully calculated every word he said. You just never know with the guy. He is a master of psychology (I don't mean he has a degree in it, although that's possible as well, but he's a natural at psyching people out).

The WO-S people are trying to read sarcasm into it and I just didn't hear that. I just heard excitement in his voice.

lostaussie
12-14-2014, 10:05 AM
I just saw your comments on the SETX board about JTraylor's postgame speech to the players which was caught on video. I basically agree with you, but I think he might have worded it a bit differently if he had known it'd be on YouTube within the hour.

Everyone needs to realize that anything you say or do is likely being recorded at ALL TIMES. From the NSA on down, somebody's watching us 24/7.

On edit: OTOH, he might have seen the camera, assumed it was rolling (it has been at other recent games) and carefully calculated every word he said. You just never know with the guy. He is a master of psychology (I don't mean he has a degree in it, although that's possible as well, but he's a natural at psyching people out).

The WO-S people are trying to read sarcasm into it and I just didn't hear that. I just heard excitement in his voice.

Like I told their Village Idiot.....if they need Bulletin board material for a state championship game.......they are already in trouble. Not much sense in me going back over there. They don't want to talk nuts and bolts........they for the most part wanna tell you your team sucks.......uhhh OK. Can't debate with that logic

buckeyebob
12-14-2014, 10:14 AM

It appears the Gilmerites are staying to cheer the Argylians on against the Dark Side Navasotoings.

WOS1
12-14-2014, 10:22 AM
When was that? And how what is the highest point total you guys have allowed?
52 in the 2005 Semi-final against SC Wimberley.

Celina8
12-14-2014, 10:26 AM
Just as impressed was I with Gilmers offense , I was even more impressed with their defense. They fly to the ball, and get pressure on the QB as soon as the ball is hiked. WOS is very talented and they are very athletic too. This will be a hard fought game and I think Gilmer will have the edge. The best way I can say it is that you feel TD pressure on every play when they have the ball and that is very difficult to defend for an entire game.

WOS1
12-14-2014, 10:38 AM
Like I told their Village Idiot.....if they need Bulletin board material for a state championship game.......they are already in trouble. Not much sense in me going back over there. They don't want to talk nuts and bolts........they for the most part wanna tell you your team sucks.......uhhh OK. Can't debate with that logic

I am Gasilla on that board... and faaaar from an idiot... you ask anyone who has been there, done that, it DOES always add a little extra to have some direct disrespect from your opponent... All coaches use it when they got it.

"Never give your opponent cause to be motivated"- Coach Ronnie Anderson

I agree with the guy who said he may not have known the camera was rolling, but even better that they got Traylor's true attitude. He gives off the attitude of being cocky and needs to be knocked down a rung.

Sorry if you don't like it, but no reason to call me names... I've played nice, I can play naughty.

Rita, THIS is why I have different user names. Not the first time I've caught people bumping their gums when they think you won't see it.

As for talking nuts and bolts... Come on over there and talk some, but that isn't what you did. Your first post you say something about us playing nice and then you started defending Traylor's comments. You want to talk nuts and bolts start talking them. I'd rather do that...

WOS1
12-14-2014, 10:51 AM
they for the most part wanna tell you your team sucks......

Please go back to that board and copy and paste where a WOS fan states that the Bux suck... PLEASE. Most of our fans are reacting to some of the SETX posters predicting lopsided blowouts and are stating why they don't think it will be. Can we not do that? What do you expect from an SETX board? You think we are going to bow down and say that Gilmer is the best thing that ever happened to HS football??? Not going to happen, buddy.

All we keep hearing is that we can't handle your speed, you can't be stopped, you are unbeatable... blah, blah, freakin blah... Most of the WOS fans state why, in a nuts and bolts type of way, we think we can hang... But I guess if Buckeye fans hear why people think they can play with them that it's absurd, and truly, that's the air most of your fans give off. Well, we don't buy into the hype. You're going to have to prove it on the field.

lostaussie
12-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Ist off, calling you the Village Idiot was out of line and I do apologize for that. Now if we can get past that we can get on to the game. When I go on that board it APPEARS to me and I may be way off base, but it seems like it is WOS against the entire Southeast region. There seems to be a lot of animosity towards your program. That comes from being an elite team for a long time. I feel the same way every time I get on the east Texas board ( with a different user name) Lol. I love tradition rich football and you guys are full of tradition.

Tell me a little about your running back. I believe he is either being recruited or already committed. I would assume your offense will look quite a bit like ours and everyone knows the history of your defense.

At the end of the day, we love our team just as much as you love yours. Again, sorry for what I said earlier. You won't get that out of me again

OldBison75
12-14-2014, 11:11 AM
I think this will be a helluva game, strength against strength. Gilmer is a threat to score on every play and WOS has the type defense that can frustrate any good offense. There won't be any real big speed difference in this game as both are loaded with football speed. It will all come down to the line of scrimmage and who wins that battle.

WOS 1, two years ago Navasota heard the same things that you are hearing on these boards about how good Gilmer was and we all know how good that worked out for them. They underestimated how good the Rattler defense was that year. Well, I think the WOS defense this year is comparable to the Rattlers in 2012. However, I do think the Gilmer offense is much better this year than the 2012 version. This will not be a blowout.

If I had to pick a score right now I would not even be close, but I do believe there winner will have to score at least 35 to win.

WOS1
12-14-2014, 11:13 AM
Ist off, calling you the Village Idiot was out of line and I do apologize for that. Now if we can get past that we can get on to the game. When I go on that board it APPEARS to me and I may be way off base, but it seems like it is WOS against the entire Southeast region. There seems to be a lot of animosity towards your program. That comes from being an elite team for a long time. I feel the same way every time I get on the east Texas board ( with a different user name) Lol. I love tradition rich football and you guys are full of tradition.

Tell me a little about your running back. I believe he is either being recruited or already committed. I would assume your offense will look quite a bit like ours and everyone knows the history of your defense.

At the end of the day, we love our team just as much as you love yours. Again, sorry for what I said earlier. You won't get that out of me again

No problem, man. Thanks for the apology.

I'm not real sure how much recruitment Teate (#13) is getting. He is a great RB and is explosive with break away speed, but he's not very thick or tall and that maybe holding him back from getting some big offers. I would imagine he'll, for sure, be offered from some smaller schools. Maybe McNeese or Lamar, just because of his break away ability and his pass catching out of the backfield. Might even be a slot guy at the next level. He is an AWESOME kid. Most respectful, hard working kids I've ever been around and deserves the season he's had. He was hurt in the LM game, but is supposed to return this week. I hope he can go, not just because he is so important to the offense, but for him, this means a lot to him.

lostaussie
12-14-2014, 11:22 AM
As far as I know we are coming into the last game really healthy. You always worry earlier in the year in big blowouts about playing time for your 1's. But in the end, if you can make it that far, I really think it is beneficial for the overall team health. I'm excited.......not only for our game but the one after it also.

GUNHO
12-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Well we finally made it.Didn't take but 10 or 12 years.lol.This is old hat to you guys and Carthage,Navasota.We are looking forward to playing the best.Don't know how well we will be able to stop or slow you guys down so I think we will have to score a lot of points.Either way it's going to be an uphill battle.

lostaussie
12-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Well we finally made it.Didn't take but 10 or 12 years.lol.This is old hat to you guys and Carthage,Navasota.We are looking forward to playing the best.Don't know how well we will be able to stop or slow you guys down so I think we will have to score a lot of points.Either way it's going to be an uphill battle.

It will be great. We have a fun team to watch and I'm quite sure you guys do too. I do know this........there will be some serious wheels on the field in this one!!

poisoned10
12-14-2014, 12:11 PM
When was the last time WO-S played for the state championship? And when was the last time they played at Cowboy Stadium?

Something that should be noted is Gilmer was here in 2012 (:ack!:) with the majority of these kids being on that team. So there will be less of an awe and wow for Gilmer players having been here recently seeing the huge stadium and video board. I think some of our kids felt the 'shock' of playing in that stadium in 2012 and then the shock or bite if you will from Navasota.

May or may not mean anything but something that could play into the early part of the game with nerves.

Bullaholic
12-14-2014, 12:23 PM
Gilmer has dictated what and when they wanted to do, and overwhelmed every team they have played. We all know this is mainly due to superior team speed and skills on both sides of the ball. There are teams who have players who can run fast, but cannot play well because they can't make catches, cover, break tackles, or make tackles one-on-one in space, and at the point of attack. Now the question becomes whether or not WOS has the players with enough speed coupled with play-making ability to thwart enough what Gilmer does well long and well enough without letting them dictate. If they do, it will be interesting to see how Gilmer reacts, and if WOS can apply this unfamilar pressure long enough to Gilmer to win on the scoreboard.

GTownballer
12-14-2014, 12:49 PM
First off, I wanna say, much respect, to both programs for getting this far, and are both legit in their own right! I think this game boils down to, who executes the best and has the least mistakes, and who can keep the best composure in such a big game! I've seen some video on WOS and they are as billed, #9 will be a challenge, to deal with, the two teams coming from differant regions, is hard to gauge, the only common opponent link you can find, is Newton's matchup with Tatum, and that probably cant be considered this late i the year, but it certainly can be used for a some sort of topic of discussion, in how Newton was able to get by the great defense of WOS, and not do so well against a good Tatum team, some three games later, losing 39-7, again I dont think its a gauge for this late in the year, but its the only basis of discussion of comparison we have!

buckeyebob
12-14-2014, 12:51 PM
I am Gasilla on that board... and faaaar from an idiot... you ask anyone who has been there, done that, it DOES always add a little extra to have some direct disrespect from your opponent... All coaches use it when they got it.

"Never give your opponent cause to be motivated"- Coach Ronnie Anderson

I agree with the guy who said he may not have known the camera was rolling, but even better that they got Traylor's true attitude. He gives off the attitude of being cocky and needs to be knocked down a rung.

Sorry if you don't like it, but no reason to call me names... I've played nice, I can play naughty.

Rita, THIS is why I have different user names. Not the first time I've caught people bumping their gums when they think you won't see it.

As for talking nuts and bolts... Come on over there and talk some, but that isn't what you did. Your first post you say something about us playing nice and then you started defending Traylor's comments. You want to talk nuts and bolts start talking them. I'd rather do that...

Grasshopper...Jeff may come across to you as cockey...very perceptive...he is & with every right...
Gilmer's 33 district championships is tied for the 13th most in Texas high school football history (Source:www.TexasHighSchoolFootballHistory.com)
Gilmer has won more games (174) than any other 4A team in the state since 2000 and
Texas HS teams with the most wins in the past 11 seasons (2004-2014)
Gilmer has either won the state championship or lost in the playoffs to the eventual state champion in 8 of the past 11 years (2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013)
5th appearance in the past 11 years for the Buckeyes in the semi-finals
Gilmer is 152-16 overall since 2003 (90%)
Gilmer’s Jeff Traylor’s 87% winning percentage is the 6th best among all active coaches in Texas
Gilmer is 39-11 under Jeff Traylor in playoff games at Gilmer (78%Jef)
Jeff Traylor is 174-26 at Gilmer (87%)
Gilmer's 915 points scored this season is the most in all classifications and is the 2nd most in Texas high school football history

I can go on & on...he is a premier coach & a great man...we would all be better off emulating him

poisoned10
12-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Offensively, WO-S and Gilmer are pretty similar. WO-S appears to run mostly out of the pistol and mix up the pass (301 plays) and run (432 plays) but favor the run. Their starting QB (#3 Jack Dallas) has thrown for a little over 2000 yards with a completion pct of about 57%. He has thrown for 29 TD's and only 6 INT's. He won't be the best QB Gilmer has seen (no disrespect meant) but he is more than capable of getting the job done.

They have a 1000 yard rusher in Grant LaPoint-Teate (#13). He has the majority of WO-S carries and this season and Trey Baldwin (#32) is the rushing TD leader. 11 total players have ran for TD's this season.

The majority of their passes will go to either #6 Deionte Thompson (team leader in rec, yards and TD's) or #18 Will Johnson. Three others have more than 10 receptions on the season (#2 Tre Spencer, #32 Trey Baldwin and #84 Jeron Preston). 9 total players have a TD reception.

Defensively, they are led by Deionte Thompson. He leads the team in tackles and INT's.

Deionte Thompson has commited to Alabama, Johnny Shaw (#9) and Tre Spencer have commited to Louisiana Tech. So they will have no shortage of athletes on the field.

If any of this is inaccurate, please refer to the Beaumont Enterprise as I got some of this from their website.

GTownballer
12-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Gilmer has dictated what and when they wanted to do, and overwhelmed every team they have played. We all know this is mainly due to superior team speed and skills on both sides of the ball. There are teams who have players who can run fast, but cannot play well because they can't make catches, cover, break tackles, or make tackles one-on-one in space, and at the point of attack. Now the question becomes whether or not WOS has the players with enough speed coupled with play-making ability to thwart enough what Gilmer does well long and well enough without letting them dictate. If they do, it will be interesting to see how Gilmer reacts, and if WOS can apply this unfamilar pressure long enough to Gilmer to win on the scoreboard.

Again, trying to get a gauge of two teams coming out of differant regions is difficult, but Atlanta in my mind, is very comparible to the physicallity and speed that WOS possesses, and they are very well coached, that game is available to be viewed on youtube! Some may want to view this game, especially WOS fans and reflect where their strengths are better than Atlanta, again just for the topic of discussion!

GTownballer
12-14-2014, 01:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbbSICRjBlk

WOS against a good 12-2 Hardin-Jefferson team!

WOS1
12-14-2014, 01:54 PM

This is the best post I've seen yet and EXACTLY what I mean by the game being decided by individual match ups. If I were an outsider and I saw Gilmer then asked who would be best suited to match up to this team, I would pick a team like WOS. After that, it comes down to who plays better in the game. Takes care of the football and makes the most of their opportunities.

poisoned10
12-14-2014, 02:06 PM
The line to draw for defenses against Gilmer for points allowed should be 30. When Gilmer scores 30 points or more, they are almost unbeatable with a 146-6. When Gilmer scores less than 30, we are 27-20.

WOS1
12-14-2014, 02:11 PM
When was the last time WO-S played for the state championship? And when was the last time they played at Cowboy Stadium?

Something that should be noted is Gilmer was here in 2012 (:ack!:) with the majority of these kids being on that team. So there will be less of an awe and wow for Gilmer players having been here recently seeing the huge stadium and video board. I think some of our kids felt the 'shock' of playing in that stadium in 2012 and then the shock or bite if you will from Navasota.

May or may not mean anything but something that could play into the early part of the game with nerves.

2000 was the last time. We have not played in the new stadium. It will be my first time as well. What you mention could be a factor. I hope not because we don't want the game to get out of hand early.

WOS1
12-14-2014, 02:17 PM
Grasshopper...Jeff may come across to you as cockey...very perceptive...he is & with every right...
Gilmer's 33 district championships is tied for the 13th most in Texas high school football history (Source:www.TexasHighSchoolFootballHistory.com)
Gilmer has won more games (174) than any other 4A team in the state since 2000 and
Texas HS teams with the most wins in the past 11 seasons (2004-2014)
Gilmer has either won the state championship or lost in the playoffs to the eventual state champion in 8 of the past 11 years (2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013)
5th appearance in the past 11 years for the Buckeyes in the semi-finals
Gilmer is 152-16 overall since 2003 (90%)
Gilmer’s Jeff Traylor’s 87% winning percentage is the 6th best among all active coaches in Texas
Gilmer is 39-11 under Jeff Traylor in playoff games at Gilmer (78%Jef)
Jeff Traylor is 174-26 at Gilmer (87%)
Gilmer's 915 points scored this season is the most in all classifications and is the 2nd most in Texas high school football history

I can go on & on...he is a premier coach & a great man...we would all be better off emulating him

I can throw up an impressive list for WOS as well... Cornel Thompson is not cocky and doesn't need to be.

WOS1
12-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Offensively, WO-S and Gilmer are pretty similar. WO-S appears to run mostly out of the pistol and mix up the pass (301 plays) and run (432 plays) but favor the run. Their starting QB (#3 Jack Dallas) has thrown for a little over 2000 yards with a completion pct of about 57%. He has thrown for 29 TD's and only 6 INT's. He won't be the best QB Gilmer has seen (no disrespect meant) but he is more than capable of getting the job done.

They have a 1000 yard rusher in Grant LaPoint-Teate (#13). He has the majority of WO-S carries and this season and Trey Baldwin (#32) is the rushing TD leader. 11 total players have ran for TD's this season.

The majority of their passes will go to either #6 Deionte Thompson (team leader in rec, yards and TD's) or #18 Will Johnson. Three others have more than 10 receptions on the season (#2 Tre Spencer, #32 Trey Baldwin and #84 Jeron Preston). 9 total players have a TD reception.

Defensively, they are led by Deionte Thompson. He leads the team in tackles and INT's.

Deionte Thompson has commited to Alabama, Johnny Shaw (#9) and Tre Spencer have commited to Louisiana Tech. So they will have no shortage of athletes on the field.

If any of this is inaccurate, please refer to the Beaumont Enterprise as I got some of this from their website.

I understand why you would think that Jack might not be the best QB you've faced, but I would refer you to our schedule which was ranked 3rd amongst 4A DII teams. The rest is accurate.

WOS1
12-14-2014, 02:26 PM
First off, I wanna say, much respect, to both programs for getting this far, and are both legit in their own right! I think this game boils down to, who executes the best and has the least mistakes, and who can keep the best composure in such a big game! I've seen some video on WOS and they are as billed, #9 will be a challenge, to deal with, the two teams coming from differant regions, is hard to gauge, the only common opponent link you can find, is Newton's matchup with Tatum, and that probably cant be considered this late i the year, but it certainly can be used for a some sort of topic of discussion, in how Newton was able to get by the great defense of WOS, and not do so well against a good Tatum team, some three games later, losing 39-7, again I dont think its a gauge for this late in the year, but its the only basis of discussion of comparison we have!

Newton was beaten by Tatum in the first game of the season. We lost to them in the 4th or 5th week. No excuses, they were the better team that night so I can't explain that loss they had to Tatum. I do know that Tatum gave Gilmer one heck of a game and right around that time HJ beat Tatum. We beat HJ 42-21 in week 10. Apparently, the Newton team that showed up against WOS is still playing well because they haven't lost since and are playing in the 3A DII championship Thursday. Heck, Newton also lost to Orangefield who WOS beat 42-14. So go figure.

GTownballer
12-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Newton was beaten by Tatum in the first game of the season. We lost to them in the 4th or 5th week. No excuses, they were the better team that night so I can't explain that loss they had to Tatum. I do know that Tatum gave Gilmer one heck of a game and right around that time HJ beat Tatum. We beat HJ 42-21 in week 10. Apparently, the Newton team that showed up against WOS is still playing well because they haven't lost since and are playing in the 3A DII championship Thursday. Heck, Newton also lost to Orangefield who WOS beat 42-14. So go figure.

Agree, it would be hard for us, to gauge anything, on Tatum, they came out strong this year, and stepped up and played us tough, the last half, and made it interesting, and had ups and downs from there forward, and were just destroyed by a very good Atlanta team, and we returned the favor to Atlanta the following following week! For this game, missed tackles will be key along with turnovers, I beleive the team that makes the least mistakes, wins this game, I think, both teams matchup well, and could turn out to be an epic game! If this game get's one sided it would truly surprise me! I think its a 7-14 point game and it could go either way!

WOS1
12-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Agree, it would be hard for us, to gauge anything, on Tatum, they came out strong this year, and stepped up and played us tough, the last half, and made it interesting, and had ups and downs from there forward, and were just destroyed by a very good Atlanta team, and we returned the favor to Atlanta the following following week! For this game, missed tackles will be key along with turnovers, I beleive the team that makes the least mistakes, wins this game, I think, both teams matchup well, and could turn out to be an epic game! If this game get's one sided it would truly surprise me! I think its a 7-14 point game and it could go either way!
Agreed, good post.

poisoned10
12-14-2014, 03:17 PM
2000 was the last time. We have not played in the new stadium. It will be my first time as well. What you mention could be a factor. I hope not because we don't want the game to get out of hand early.

Not saying it will be, but these are kids that will be seeing this stadium for the 1st time in person. The shock and awe could cause nerves to take over for a period of time. Could be for 5 minutes during warm-ups, could be for the 1st quarter or it might not be any factor.

I don't expect it to factor Gilmer at all since most of these kids were there 2 years ago.

lostaussie
12-14-2014, 03:24 PM
Not saying it will be, but these are kids that will be seeing this stadium for the 1st time in person. The shock and awe could cause nerves to take over for a period of time. Could be for 5 minutes during warm-ups, could be for the 1st quarter or it might not be any factor.

I don't expect it to factor Gilmer at all since most of these kids were there 2 years ago.

It's a factor with me. Can't watch the game for looking at the dang screen. Its got be be a wonderful experience for the kids though.

Gobbler Fan
12-14-2014, 03:25 PM
Should be a great game. Good luck to both teams :2thumbsup

poisoned10
12-14-2014, 03:27 PM
I understand why you would think that Jack might not be the best QB you've faced, but I would refer you to our schedule which was ranked 3rd amongst 4A DII teams. The rest is accurate.

My opinion wasn't based on stats, it was based on watching the games against Sinton and Foster. I'm not saying he isn't a good QB at all either. I'm just saying that I believe Chase Musgrove, the QB from Atlanta is probably the best QB Gilmer has faced or maybe Jarrod Blissett form Carthage.

Again, no disrespect meant towards Mr. Dallas, just my own opinion.

poisoned10
12-14-2014, 03:30 PM
It's a factor with me. Can't watch the game for looking at the dang screen. Its got be be a wonderful experience for the kids though.

It was for me too. I was having to sit so far away from the action because of all the Daingerfield fans that wouldn't move. I was forced to sit around the 5-10 yard line because of how many people we had and not being able to sit together any closer.

Any idea when they will open up the gates and let everyone in?

Aesculus gilmus
12-14-2014, 03:39 PM
The guy who does the Buckeye Ticket Line (903-841-7777) says on his recording for this week that the gates open at 10:30 a.m. Friday.

poisoned10
12-14-2014, 03:44 PM
The guy who does the Buckeye Ticket Line (903-841-7777) says on his recording for this week that the gates open at 10:30 a.m. Friday.

Thanks!

WOS1
12-14-2014, 03:48 PM

I agree and am afraid of this. IMO that's what happened to us in 2000. We did not come out mentally ready and Ennis hit us in the mouth (Ennis had just played their semi-final game their the week before). We were down 31-7 at the half. We made a furious come back in the second half, but still fell short 38-24. Anyway, we simply CAN'T let Gilmer get us down early. We have to play from the start.

WOS1
12-14-2014, 03:51 PM

Then I'll be there at 10:30... Gonna enjoy every second of this.

BuckNut75644
12-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Can't wait to get to Jerry World. Bux by 21

pirate4state
12-14-2014, 11:45 PM
I thought gates opened at 10 a.m. I plan to be there Friday by 10 a.m. I want to get a prime seat!

I'm slowly coming out of my depression, but I'm afraid it will hit me again once I get to Jerry World :(

poisoned10
12-15-2014, 07:28 AM
I thought gates opened at 10 a.m. I plan to be there Friday by 10 a.m. I want to get a prime seat!

I'm slowly coming out of my depression, but I'm afraid it will hit me again once I get to Jerry World :(

For Gilmer, if you get there at the time gates open, you will be left out for prime seating. You have to get to games 2 hours early to have a chance for a prime seat.

Aesculus gilmus
12-15-2014, 07:31 AM
"I thought gates opened at 10 a.m."

They may. Our ticket line info is by no means guaranteed to be right.

I second what poisoned10 said, though. There'll be a mob (some even call it an "army" and sing songs about it) of Buckeyes gathered outside the gates shortly after breakfast.

buckeyebob
12-15-2014, 07:53 AM
"I thought gates opened at 10 a.m."

They may. Our ticket line info is by no means guaranteed to be right.

I second what poisoned10 said, though. There'll be a mob (some even call it an "army" and sing songs about it) of Buckeyes gathered outside the gates shortly after breakfast.

I'll be stopping @ Mickey D's and get a hot to go...eat it in the car...my wife will wait in line

lostaussie
12-15-2014, 08:20 AM
I'll be stopping @ Mickey D's and get a hot to go...eat it in the car...my wife will wait in line

:D.........that is so trashy

chaingang
12-15-2014, 08:52 AM

Thats awesome!! How do I train mine to do that?? lol

buff4ever
12-15-2014, 09:46 AM
Haven't seen Gilmer play, but I can't imagine that they will score at will on WOS defense. The question for WOS will be how much they can put on the board. I am pulling for WOS to pull this one out. Defense wins championships, if Gilmer is counting on scoring at will, then they will be disappointed.

poisoned10
12-15-2014, 09:52 AM

Don't expect us to let you in line with her without brining is something as well.

Deuce
12-15-2014, 10:15 AM
Can't you get your ticket online before the games?

poisoned10
12-15-2014, 10:20 AM
Haven't seen Gilmer play, but I can't imagine that they will score at will on WOS defense. The question for WOS will be how much they can put on the board. I am pulling for WOS to pull this one out. Defense wins championships, if Gilmer is counting on scoring at will, then they will be disappointed.

After watching a few of WO-S games, I believe Gilmer will be able to score their fair share of points. I'm not saying Gilmer will score at will or put up 50-60 points, but I think Gilmer will score more than our defense will allow.

poisoned10
12-15-2014, 10:21 AM

Yes, from Ticketmaster. However the schools are selling them at $12 for adults and $8 for students.

pirate4state
12-15-2014, 01:07 PM

yes, but then it's $15 + Ticketmaster BS charges. There are plenty of ticket windows open that you are better off buying at the stadium for a flat $15

I usually buy all my tickets on Thursday so I only wait in line once :nerd:

poisoned10
12-15-2014, 08:35 PM
It's been 7 1/2 hours since anyone has commented on this thread and it was about Ticketmaster's charges. Sad.

Go Buckeyes!

poisoned10
12-15-2014, 08:39 PM
I think Gilmer will put up more points on WO-S than any other team has this season.

Back in 2008, Gilmer scored almost 40% of the total points WO-S allowed that year. That defense was no slouch and had several D1 players in the secondary and a couple that are in the NFL if I remember correctly. So Gilmer knows how to score on the Mustang's vaunted defense.

There, how is that for a little bit of :stirpot:.

Your play WO-S.

GTownballer
12-15-2014, 08:43 PM
I think Gilmer will put up more points on WO-S than any other team has this season.

Back in 2008, Gilmer scored almost 40% of the total points WO-S allowed that year. That defense was no slouch and had several D1 players in the secondary and a couple that are in the NFL if I remember correctly. So Gilmer knows how to score on the Mustang's vaunted defense.

Your play WO-S.

I think reality is setting in! lol.....

chaingang
12-15-2014, 08:49 PM
I think reality is setting in! lol.....

Nope, we just let our Silver helmet do the talking....

buckeyebob
12-15-2014, 08:57 PM

Your play WO-S.

Excellent!

buckeyebob
12-15-2014, 09:02 PM

Come sit with us...being a Buckeye is really special...depression under control...just ask G2

chaingang
12-15-2014, 09:02 PM
Excellent!

Too bad this isn't 2008....

buckeyebob
12-15-2014, 09:04 PM
Thats awesome!! How do I train mine to do that?? lol

I am old & retired...she still works...start out by teaching her "Load UP"...slap her backside with the newspaper...it may take a little time

buckeyebob
12-15-2014, 09:07 PM
Don't expect us to let you in line with her without brining is something as well.

She is the one with the money...all I got is an old Massey Ferguson...she says it doesn't interest her

Leopardfan201
12-15-2014, 09:11 PM
To me Gilmer is in a different from teams like WOS,Liberty hill,LG,Stephenville etc. I would put gilmer with Navasota,Argyle,gladewater and Carthage but not too next year. I expect gilmer to win this game and show why thr #1 in division 2.

poisoned10
12-15-2014, 09:20 PM
Stats for QB McLane Carter:

vs. Liberty-Eylau (17-24, 317 yards, 5 TD's) Sat out the entire 2nd half.
vs. Pine Tree (13-18, 195 yards, 2 TD's) Sat out the entire 2nd half.
vs. Tatum (14-23, 220 yards, 2 TD's) 1st Complete game played.
vs. Daingerfield (10-11, 162 yards, 1 TD) Sat out the entire 2nd half.
vs. Carthage (11-14, 215 yards, 3 TD's) Played about half of the 3rd Quarter.
vs. Melissa (13-15, 247 yards, 3 TD's) Sat out entire 2nd half.
vs. Canton (15-19, 276 yards, 5 TD's) Sat out entire 2nd half.
vs. Bullard (14-18, 232 yards, 2 TD's) Sat out 4th Quarter.
vs. Community (9-10, 270 yards, 3 TD's) Sat out entire 2nd half.
vs. Rains (18-22, 253 yards, 3 TD's) Played about half of the 3rd Quarter.
vs. Pleasant Grove (12-17, 239 yards, 3 TD's) Played about half of the 3rd Quarter.
vs. Connally (17-22, 293 yards, 4 TD's) Sat out entire 2nd half.
vs. Gladewater (14-26, 273 yards, 1 TD) 2nd complete game of the season.
vs. Atlanta (17-20, 262 yards, 3 TD's) Sat out 2nd half.
vs. Celina (11-15, 265 yards, 6 TD's) Sat out most of 2nd half.

Totals: (205-274, 3719 yards, 46 TD's, 2 INT's)

McLane has only played a full game twice against Tatum and Gladewater. Only a couple of other times has he seen the 2nd half. I can only imagine what kind of numbers he could have if he had a chance to play the whole game all season.

poisoned10
12-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Too bad this isn't 2008....

You're right. This Mustang defense would have matched up better with that Buckeye offense. Unfortunately, you have to deal with the 2014 version of this Buckeye machine!

chaingang
12-15-2014, 09:23 PM
I am old & retired...she still works...start out by teaching her "Load UP"...slap her backside with the newspaper...it may take a little time

Hahah. I love it! Just hope she doesn't get my phone and see this. Won't be pretty.

Leopardfan201
12-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Sum good numbers for only 1 half played in most games. WOS is the 2nd best team gilmer will play I believe, gladewater is 1st

WOS1
12-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Come sit with us...being a Buckeye is really special...depression under control...just ask G2

R doesn't like sitting with the cocky...

lostaussie
12-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Sum good numbers for only 1 half played in most games. WOS is the 2nd best team gilmer will play I believe, gladewater is 1st

I won't agree with that until Friday afternoon......maybe

WOS1
12-15-2014, 09:37 PM
Be completely honest Gilmer fans. Do you think it's even remotely possible that you may lose this game?

chaingang
12-15-2014, 09:37 PM
You're right. This Mustang defense would have matched up better with that Buckeye offense. Unfortunately, you have to deal with the 2014 version of this Buckeye machine!

And that's fine. But let us at least get off the bus and try to play the first and second quarter. I know according to all of you, your backups will be in the second Q but it will give our young players a chance to see what it's like to play in a big game.

WOS1
12-15-2014, 09:40 PM
And that's fine. But let us at least get off the bus and try to play the first and second quarter. I know according to all of you, your backups will be in the second Q but it will give our young players a chance to see what it's like to play in a big game.
They already have it in the bag, T. They've got the trophy space cleared on the shelf already. The closer we get to the game their true colors are showing. Obviously, the community emulates the same cockiness as their coach.

poisoned10
12-15-2014, 09:40 PM
There we go! Finally got some of you to come out from hiding today. It was getting to be stagnant in here and I didn't like it. Sorry for some of the some what rude remarks. It was all trying to get some conversation going.

WOS1
12-15-2014, 09:41 PM
There we go! Finally got some of you to come out from hiding today. It was getting to be stagnant in here and I didn't like it. Sorry for some of the some what rude remarks. It was all trying to get some conversation going.

Some of us have to work...

chaingang
12-15-2014, 09:42 PM

We will converse with you all day. We just don't really care to hear that we have no chance. I understand pride in your team but come on, there has to be a little respect for WOS....just a tad??

bobcat1
12-15-2014, 09:45 PM
We will converse with you all day. We just don't really care to hear that we have no chance. I understand pride in your team but come on, there has to be a little respect for WOS....just a tad??

I have tons of respect for any team not in gym shoes right now. WOS is no different. But next week everyone becomes gym rats.

chaingang
12-15-2014, 09:47 PM
They already have it in the bag, T. They've got the trophy space cleared on the shelf already. The closer we get to the game their true colors are showing. Obviously, the community emulates the same cockiness as their coach.

Oh, I know. Just haven't posted much because it's a moot cause. Gilmer can run through the 6A playoffs with ease. All I can say is we will be ready and win or lose you will soon respect us. It's just interesting we heard this from LaMarque then LaGrange.......

poisoned10

I will some what disagree with you.

Gladewater's style of offense is one that is all about ball control and hold on to the ball as long as possible. They were able to convert several 3rd and 4th downs to keep the clock moving. Gladewater was able to hold on to the ball for about 75% of the game. So their offensive style and tough defense is what kept that game close. If Gladewater doesn't convert all of those 3rd and 4th downs then that game isn't close. But they did and that's why it took 3 inches and a TD with 9 seconds left to win the game.

I think WO-S's offensive style plays more into what Gilmer likes on defense. We match up better against spread teams since that is what we run and see it every day in practice.

lostaussie

Hell I've had respect for WOS program a long time. I love tradition and you gut lots of that

poisoned10
12-15-2014, 09:48 PM
R doesn't like sitting with the cocky...

I know I came off that way. I apologize. I was only trying to get some conversation going in this thread.

chaingang
12-15-2014, 09:49 PM
I have tons of respect for any team not in gym shoes right now. WOS is no different. But next week everyone becomes gym rats.

Yeah your right...except someone will be a lot happier to put the pumps on then the other. Lol

lostaussie
12-15-2014, 09:53 PM
Oh, I know. Just haven't posted much because it's a moot cause. Gilmer can run through the 6A playoffs with ease. All I can say is we will be ready and win or lose you will soon respect us. It's just interesting we heard this from LaMarque then LaGrange.......

Its interesting.......because I get the same feeling on yalls board. After my initial blunder I've tried to walk on eggshells. Feeding a little info and some pertinent facts. Most don't care and probably wish I would go away so they can play the we are so disrepected card. I just keep trying to give a little info for the ones who are really interested, because I know some are.

chaingang
12-15-2014, 09:57 PM
I know I came off that way. I apologize. I was only trying to get some conversation going in this thread.

Fair enough. Every team has those posters that get delusional and we have them also. I just honestly believe we match up with you better than most of the teams you have played this year. Are we better than Gladewater or Atlanta? Who knows. I do know that our team won't fear anyone period. All that scoring and records or whatever doesn't mean anything when the ball is kicked off at 12:04(UIL never in time) and we're going to bring it win or lose. I just have a funny feeling that there is a lot of underestimating a certain team. We will show up and we will play 112%. We'll see what happens after that....

poisoned10
12-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Be completely honest Gilmer fans. Do you think it's even remotely possible that you may lose this game?

Absolutely! Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

We are obviously very confident in what our team brings to the table. We have seen them 15 times this year destroy opposing defenses. It's only natural to assume that you will continue to do so. Just the same that WO-S assumes they will shut down our offense like you guys have done all year long.

I expect nothing less than an all out war for the State Championship. Both teams have an abundance of talent and speed.

I do believe that Gilmer holds a couple of advantages. 1 - Experience - Gilmer was here 2 years ago and a lot of the kids from that team are on this team. I don't expect the awe of the stadium and tv to play much of a factor for this Gilmer team as it might have in 2012. 2 - DEZign8! This Buckeye team is playing with a purpose. Not just to win a state championship, but to play as hard as they possibly can every second of every down for their Brother that was lost in March. Everything they do this year is all for Dez. He is the driving force behind this team and all the motivation this team needs. They want this not for themselves, but for their Brother Desmond Pollard.

DEZign8

chaingang
12-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Its interesting.......because I get the same feeling on yalls board. After my initial blunder I've tried to walk on eggshells. Feeding a little info and some pertinent facts. Most don't care and probably wish I would go away so they can play the we are so disrepected card. I just keep trying to give a little info for the ones who are really interested, because I know some are.

No one wants you off the board man. Like I said earlier, we like others to join to talk football. I hope you don't feel that way because that is not what we want. We're passionate just like you are. Is there anything better than Texas HS football?? Not even close!

lostaussie
12-15-2014, 10:08 PM
No one wants you off the board man. Like I said earlier, we like others to join to talk football. I hope you don't feel that way because that is not what we want. We're passionate just like you are. Is there anything better than Texas HS football?? Not even close!

Not saying they want me off.......just saying that when I give stats or facts most think its bragging. I'm just trying to let people know what to expect and I on turn want the same from them. I'm not leaving, but I'm learning fast who to talk too and who not too.....lol

poisoned10
12-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Fair enough. Every team has those posters that get delusional and we have them also. I just honestly believe we match up with you better than most of the teams you have played this year. Are we better than Gladewater or Atlanta? Who knows. I do know that our team won't fear anyone period. All that scoring and records or whatever doesn't mean anything when the ball is kicked off at 12:04(UIL never in time) and we're going to bring it win or lose. I just have a funny feeling that there is a lot of underestimating a certain team. We will show up and we will play 112%. We'll see what happens after that....

I agree that your defense will match up well with our offense. I expect to see a bunch of man out of WO-S against us. Of the 3 or 4 games of ya'll's that I've watch your DB's were able to go step for step with the receivers. The only time I remember seeing a WR break away from your defense was in the Sinton game. But I've only watch part/most of the games against Sinton, Foster, Newton and La Grange so I may be missing a whole lot. Which I doubt since ya'll's defense doesn't allow many points to begin with, 27 being your highest yet. Which I think Gilmer will top by the way.

poisoned10
12-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Some of us have to work...

I work. My hours are early though, 6 am to 2:30 pm.

griff
12-15-2014, 11:01 PM

This fella's opinions concerning WO-S have been all over the map, both on this site and on the setx board. It's an after effect from the whiplash of a Mustang stampede over the Leopards.

WOS1
12-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Hey all you Gilmer stat boys... Funny you haven't mentioned this:

"Technically Gilmer had an easy road. You put wos on a schedule with one team over .500 and see how many points they score too. I spent the last half hour putting records together and gilmer has 1 team that was over .500 to wos' 6 teams. Gilmers overall schedule record was 40W-60L before the playoffs and 77W- 73L after. Wos 60W-40L before playoffs and 92W-58L after."

Maybe a little false sense of cockiness???? No wonder you have blown up the scoreboard.

I knew the Gilmer schedule was a little suspect, but this is much worse than I thought. Hey... We scored 64 on an 0-10 team too with our JV!!! ;)

toddg
12-15-2014, 11:13 PM
I work. My hours are early though, 6 am to 2:30 pm.
Wow! And I thought my 2 weeks days and 2 weeks nights 6 to 6 was rough!!

poisoned10
12-16-2014, 06:54 AM
Wow! And I thought my 2 weeks days and 2 weeks nights 6 to 6 was rough!!

I love my hours.

chaingang
12-16-2014, 08:07 AM
I love my hours.

Who wouldnt. lol. Sounds gravy...you hiring? Anyways, this game is a great matchup for both teams. I just dont think you will score your season average on us. I could be wrong but just dont see it....any where near it.

poisoned10
12-16-2014, 08:10 AM
Who wouldnt. lol. Sounds gravy...you hiring? Anyways, this game is a great matchup for both teams. I just dont think you will score your season average on us. I could be wrong but just dont see it....any where near it.

I don't think we will either. But I do believe we will score more points than any other team against WO-S this season.

GTownballer
12-16-2014, 08:36 AM

"Technically Gilmer had an easy road. You put wos on a schedule with one team over .500 and see how many points they score too. I spent the last half hour putting records together and gilmer has 1 team that was over .500 to wos' 6 teams. Gilmers overall schedule record was 40W-60L before the playoffs and 77W- 73L after. Wos 60W-40L before playoffs and 92W-58L after."

Maybe a little false sense of cockiness???? No wonder you have blown up the scoreboard.

I knew the Gilmer schedule was a little suspect, but this is much worse than I thought. Hey... We scored 64 on an 0-10 team too with our JV!!! ;)

I think some get Confidence, mixed up with Cockiness, nothing wrong with alittle of both, before the heavy weight showdown! It not only sells tickets but it certainly brings loads of excitement to the game, throw all the stats out the window, they mean absolutely nothing in this game, this game will be decided in the moment, by 2 deserving teams of kids, us knuckleheads are just along for the ride, these kinds of games are hard to call, period, again it will simply boil down too, who makes the least mistakes, and who wants it the most, this should be an epic game, and I think all will agree, it will be a great game to watch!

poisoned10
12-16-2014, 08:40 AM

In most years, aside from District and Pine Tree, this schedule would have been considered a gauntlet. Liberty-Eylau had a great year pushing Argyle to the brink in the 4th round. Pine Tree is meh. Tatum started off strong and fizzled out. But they have a great football tradition. Daingerfield is usually a great football team as well is Carthage. We have no control over our district so I can't say anything about that.

You are right though, most teams would be able to put up some monster numbers against those teams this year. But very few could do it in 1 half like Gilmer did.

But look at what Gilmer has done to teams in the playoffs.

vs. Pleasant Grove (50-7)
vs. Connally (80-21)
vs. Gladewater (41-35)
vs. Atlanta (64-25)
vs. Celina (67-14)

Now those teams are no slouches. Their cumulative record is 48-17. Gilmer is averaging 60.4 points per game against those playoff teams. So yes, our regular season schedule was weak, but you can't say the same of our playoff schedule and we have continued to average 60/game.

West Orange-Stark's playoff opponents are just 42-23. So it's debatable as to who had the toughest road through the playoffs.

None of this matters though. It all comes down to this final game and who plays better for this set of 48 minutes.

One for All
All for 8!

DEZign8

Go Buckeyes!

chaingang
12-16-2014, 08:40 AM
I think some get Confidence, mixed up with Cockiness, nothing wrong with alittle of both, before the heavy weight showdown! It not only sells tickets but it certainly brings loads of excitement to the game, throw all the stats out the window, they mean absolutely nothing in this game, this game will be decided in the moment, by 2 deserving teams of kids, us knuckleheads are just along for the ride, these kinds of games are hard to call, period, again it will simply boil down too, who makes the least mistakes, and who wants it the most, this should be an epic game, and I think all will agree, it will be a great game to watch!

:thumbsup:

waterboy
12-16-2014, 08:43 AM
I agree with GTownballer. You can throw ALL the statistics out the window in this one. They won't matter at all when these two teams meet on the field. West Orange-Stark fans have every right to be just as confident or "cocky" as any of us. It's definitely no mistake they made it to the championship game. Both teams have EARNED the right to be here. The winner will be decided on the field no matter what we have to say on here.

One for all,
All for 8!

DEZign8!

Dawgs
12-16-2014, 09:17 AM
The only team that had a chance beating Gilmer was GW IMO. They had the perfect makeup to stop a team like Gilmer. You have to dominate in the trenches and control the number of possessions Gilmer has. I liked the comparison a poster made between WOS and Atlanta. Lots of athletes and good coaching. You just can't out athlete Gilmer. Especially not this year. Many teams have tried, but none have been able to do it. I think Gilmer vs WOS is about even in the trenches, so that leaves skill positions to decide the ball game. Give me Boyd, Lynch, and McClane. All seniors will make the difference. Comes down to coaching and execution. Like I said before the Celina game if it comes down to coaching give me Traylor and a Senior laden Gilmer team. I have to knock Gilmer a little cause that's what I like to do...If they had one more student they wouldn't be playing in the Ship! Argyle and Sota both better!

BB BULLS
12-16-2014, 09:54 AM
all i know is that WOS strolled thru region 3 which i think was the toughest region, putting a whoppin on some very good teams. i will go with WOS by 2 scores. and before anyone ask no i have not seen Gilmer play. i Have seen WOS play. remember the prediction is just mine and i can make it what ever i want.
good luck to both teams enjoy the ride

BB BULLS
12-16-2014, 09:59 AM
is the game gonna be on tv? what channel?

lostaussie
12-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Fox Sports all the championship games televised live

Bullaholic
12-16-2014, 10:17 AM
This thread is one of the best and informative pre-game threads that I have read in a long time. Lots of valid stats and nuts and bolts discussion. Posters are knowlegable about the game, but still plenty proud of their teams. Now mind you---all of you know I do enjoy spirited smack-talk that doesen't get personal and some zealous chest-thumping with the best of em' mixed in here and there. I will enjoy continuing to read your game thoughts as we approach this game between two for-real teams. Please carry on the good pre-game posting...This is the high-road way of doing things....

chaingang
12-16-2014, 10:27 AM
This thread is one of the best and informative pre-game threads that I have read in a long time. Lots of valid stats and nuts and bolts discussion. Posters are knowlegable about the game, but still plenty proud of their teams. Now mind you---all of you know I do enjoy spirited smack-talk that doesen't get personal and some zealous chest-thumping with the best of em' mixed in here and there. I will enjoy continuing to read your game thoughts as we approach this game between two for-real teams. Please carry on the good pre-game posting...This is the high-road way of doing things....

I think it has something to do with both of us having a "been here before" attitude. No cindarella's in this one so no need to try to tell you how good we are. and vice versa.

Bullaholic
12-16-2014, 10:35 AM
I think it has something to do with both of us having a "been here before" attitude. No cindarella's in this one so no need to try to tell you how good we are. and vice versa.

I think you've got something there, cg....

chaingang
12-16-2014, 10:49 AM
:2thumbsup

poisoned10
12-16-2014, 11:37 AM
all i know is that WOS strolled thru region 3 which i think was the toughest region, putting a whoppin on some very good teams. i will go with WOS by 2 scores. and before anyone ask no i have not seen Gilmer play. i Have seen WOS play. remember the prediction is just mine and i can make it what ever i want.
good luck to both teams enjoy the ride

Region 2 and 3 are typically the deepest regions. Whichever is the best is obviously debatable. Both teams beat some very good teams to get where they are.

Dawgs
12-16-2014, 12:13 PM
Region 2 and 3 are typically the deepest regions. Whichever is the best is obviously debatable. Both teams beat some very good teams to get where they are.

Your right. Both teams have run the gauntlet to get here. Came out of the 2 toughest and deepest regions. Both beat top 10 teams on the way. Anyway you slice it both are deserving to take home the ship this year. Great season for both teams. It will be decided on the field. Potential NFL future talent on the field for both teams. This will be a good one.

GTownballer
12-16-2014, 01:36 PM
The only team that had a chance beating Gilmer was GW IMO. They had the perfect makeup to stop a team like Gilmer. You have to dominate in the trenches and control the number of possessions Gilmer has. I liked the comparison a poster made between WOS and Atlanta. Lots of athletes and good coaching. You just can't out athlete Gilmer. Especially not this year. Many teams have tried, but none have been able to do it. I think Gilmer vs WOS is about even in the trenches, so that leaves skill positions to decide the ball game. Give me Boyd, Lynch, and McClane. All seniors will make the difference. Comes down to coaching and execution. Like I said before the Celina game if it comes down to coaching give me Traylor and a Senior laden Gilmer team. I have to knock Gilmer a little cause that's what I like to do...If they had one more student they wouldn't be playing in the Ship! Argyle and Sota both better!

So you think Navasota, who struggled with a good Henderson team, and Argyle who nearly lost to a young LE team, would have put more than 58 on them DAWGS! lol...js!

pirate4state
12-16-2014, 01:47 PM
I hope this isn't a repeat of 2012. I want to see a competitive game and since I have no dog in the fight -- I wouldn't mind seeing a shoot out with the last team with the ball winning type of game! I'm looking forward to getting my first look at Gilmer and I want to see how WOS defense handles them. I'm fairly confident that the WOS defensive front is going to cause some havoc, but the Gilmer defensive front is no slouch and no one has really much talked about it, but our lowly defense did a pretty damn good job containing that WOS speed early in the game. just saying.

buckeyebob
12-16-2014, 02:09 PM
is the game gonna be on tv? what channel?

Fox Sport Southwest (FSS)...Televised live & reruns forever...I been watching Louisiana today as well as Road to the Championship...good stuff

http://www.texasfootball.com/friday/

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest

Leopardfan201
12-16-2014, 02:24 PM
I hope this isn't a repeat of 2012. I want to see a competitive game and since I have no dog in the fight -- I wouldn't mind seeing a shoot out with the last team with the ball winning type of game! I'm looking forward to getting my first look at Gilmer and I want to see how WOS defense handles them. I'm fairly confident that the WOS defensive front is going to cause some havoc, but the Gilmer defensive front is no slouch and no one has really much talked about it, but our lowly defense did a pretty damn good job containing that WOS speed early in the game. just saying.

True and I bet gilmer defense is 2X more fast than sinton (no disrespect). If sinton can hold ya too 21 points thru 3 quarters, and tied at 21 going into 4th. WOS mignt not even score if WOS does it wI'll be against backups

chaingang
12-16-2014, 02:26 PM
True and I bet gilmer defense is 2X more fast than sinton (no disrespect). If sinton can hold ya too 21 points thru 3 quarters, and tied at 21 going into 4th. WOS mignt not even score if WOS does it wI'll be against backups

Well coming from you, and the track record of your predictions, I feel sorry for Gilmer.

Dawgs
12-16-2014, 02:43 PM
So you think Navasota, who struggled with a good Henderson team, and Argyle who nearly lost to a young LE team, would have put more than 58 on them DAWGS! lol...js!

Sota beat a good Henderson team 31-14. Not exactly struggling. I think LE proved they were playing really good ball at the time they played Argyle. LOL 58 on them DAWGS! Carthage was way down this year. We didn't beat much of anybody. Hallsville put up 52 on them DAWGS! Not saying too much. Henderson beat us much worse than Gilmer IMO. Maybe not on the scoreboard. We have already rehashed the Gilmer vs Carthage game several times. If you think that the 58 was all Gilmer and nothing to do with a flawed Carthage execution with mostly sophomores and a couple of juniors than we don't have much to talk about. Point is Gilmer, Sota, Argyle, WOS, EC, LE, Henderson, GW and whoever else you want to name was better than Carthage this year. Much better. I have no problem with that.

Gilmer is awesome this season. I have no problem saying that. I still don't think they could handle the big boys. Just my opinion. We will never know. Just bring the trophy home and we can discuss all the coulda, woulda, shoulda later. Pulling for NETX in this one.

Leopardfan201
12-16-2014, 02:57 PM
To me Gilmer is the best team in both divisions, and believe Navasota wouldn't of hung 58 on Carthage or Argyle

pirate4state
12-16-2014, 03:04 PM

none taken, if you can take that we would have beaten the crap out of LG (no disrespect) LOL

Leopardfan201
12-16-2014, 03:11 PM
I think it would of been a 7 to 10 point game ether way

chaingang
12-16-2014, 04:33 PM
I think it would of been a 7 to 10 point game ether way

No way. Sinton by 2 or 3 td's easy.

44INAROW
12-16-2014, 05:59 PM
Fox Sport Southwest (FSS)...Televised live & reruns forever...I been watching Louisiana today as well as Road to the Championship...good stuff

http://www.texasfootball.com/friday/

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest

I have the DVR set for all the games.. Can't wait :)

poisoned10
12-16-2014, 06:06 PM
I have the DVR set for all the games.. Can't wait :)

Same here.

RPF2666
12-16-2014, 06:49 PM
I think Gilmer wins this game, convincingly. Maybe it is because last week is still fresh in my mind, and maybe it is the fact that
even if we (Celina) had played a perfect game, we still would have been beaten fairly easily.

The Gilmer players we classy in their excellence and how can you not root for a young man like Chris Boyd who
showed complete class to the Bobcats during and following the game... Win it for #8!

GTownballer
12-16-2014, 07:20 PM
Sota beat a good Henderson team 31-14. Not exactly struggling. I think LE proved they were playing really good ball at the time they played Argyle. LOL 58 on them DAWGS! Carthage was way down this year. We didn't beat much of anybody. Hallsville put up 52 on them DAWGS! Not saying too much. Henderson beat us much worse than Gilmer IMO. Maybe not on the scoreboard. We have already rehashed the Gilmer vs Carthage game several times. If you think that the 58 was all Gilmer and nothing to do with a flawed Carthage execution with mostly sophomores and a couple of juniors than we don't have much to talk about. Point is Gilmer, Sota, Argyle, WOS, EC, LE, Henderson, GW and whoever else you want to name was better than Carthage this year. Much better. I have no problem with that.

Gilmer is awesome this season. I have no problem saying that. I still don't think they could handle the big boys. Just my opinion. We will never know. Just bring the trophy home and we can discuss all the coulda, woulda, shoulda later. Pulling for NETX in this one.

We own wins against Navasota and Argyle, and Carthage, Kilgore, got a title in D1 and D2 so which Big Boys you talking about Allen, Katy ? lol....

You think other teams aint playing with soph's and juniors's and freshman for that mattter, good teams reload!

lostaussie
12-16-2014, 08:48 PM
... Win it for #8! To these kids.......that's all that matters. Thanks for the nice compliments.

ONE for ALL
ALL for EIGHT

bobcat1
12-16-2014, 10:41 PM
To these kids.......that's all that matters. Thanks for the nice compliments.

ONE for ALL
ALL for EIGHT
Enough with the nicy nicy talk. It's time to let 'em swang Gilmer! Stomp a mudhole and walk it dry!

poisoned10
12-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Great article from ETSN about Gilmer.

http://etsn.fm/distribution-of-wealth-gilmers-hyper-explosive-offense-depends-on-sharing-the-ball/

d0tc0m
12-17-2014, 12:23 PM
We own wins against Navasota and Argyle, and Carthage, Kilgore, got a title in D1 and D2 so which Big Boys you talking about Allen, Katy ? lol....

You think other teams aint playing with soph's and juniors's and freshman for that mattter, good teams reload!

Gilmer might not beat Allen or Katy, but I guarantee they wouldn't get blown out. They could score points on either of those teams. And honestly, having watched film of all four of the 5A teams playing for titles this weekend, I think the Buckeyes could bring home hardware in either 5A DI or DII.

regaleagle
12-17-2014, 12:38 PM
I think Argyle has seen some pretty darn potent Gilmer teams in past late season playoff scenarios.....a couple where Gilmer literally blew out their competition. Guess what??? Gilmer is 1-3 against Argyle. Not saying this particular team would be the same this particular year, just the track record. A very good defensive club does have a chance to derail the Buckeye offensive juggernaut....but it will take tremendous play from that team and a good offensive effort as well just to keep pace. You can only limit the scoring and then your team must put up the points as well. Can WOS do enough of both??? Just something to chew on regarding how a team must play to win against Gilmer. Lots of great defense and lots of scoring.

lostaussie
12-17-2014, 12:40 PM
Gilmer might not beat Allen or Katy, but I guarantee they wouldn't get blown out. They could score points on either of those teams. And honestly, having watched film of all four of the 5A teams playing for titles this weekend, I think the Buckeyes could bring home hardware in either 5A DI or DII.

He's from Celina!!! We didn't say that!!! Lol

regaleagle
12-17-2014, 12:48 PM
It's only a natural reaction since Gilmer blew the doors off of this season's Celina team last week. Upon further review, I believe all the 5A teams in Jerryworld this year would be able to handle what Gilmer can dish out. We're talking about teams like Ennis, Cedar Park(both have great defenses), Aledo, and Temple(with Chad President, haha). NO WAY will Gilmer just automatically be considered even the favorite to beat ANY of these teams, IMHO.

d0tc0m
12-17-2014, 12:55 PM
It's only a natural reaction since Gilmer blew the doors off of this season's Celina team last week. Upon further review, I believe all the 5A teams in Jerryworld this year would be able to handle what Gilmer can dish out. We're talking about teams like Ennis, Cedar Park(both have great defenses), Aledo, and Temple(with Chad President, haha). NO WAY will Gilmer just automatically be considered even the favorite to beat ANY of these teams, IMHO.

I don't think they'd be the favorites by any means. But I think Gilmer has the athletes to match up with just about anybody this season. They wouldn't beat the 6A powers, but they could hang around. And Ennis and Cedar Park are both great teams, but I still stand by what I said. I think the Buckeyes have the athletes that could truly compete against those 5A teams this season.

regaleagle
12-17-2014, 01:00 PM
I don't think they'd be the favorites by any means. But I think Gilmer has the athletes to match up with just about anybody this season. They wouldn't beat the 6A powers, but they could hang around. And Ennis and Cedar Park are both great teams, but I still stand by what I said. I think the Buckeyes have the athletes that could truly compete against those 5A teams this season.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and we have both stated ours personally.

poisoned10
12-17-2014, 01:00 PM
I think Argyle has seen some pretty darn potent Gilmer teams in past late season playoff scenarios.....a couple where Gilmer literally blew out their competition. Guess what??? Gilmer is 1-3 against Argyle. Not saying this particular team would be the same this particular year, just the track record. A very good defensive club does have a chance to derail the Buckeye offensive juggernaut....but it will take tremendous play from that team and a good offensive effort as well just to keep pace. You can only limit the scoring and then your team must put up the points as well. Can WOS do enough of both??? Just something to chew on regarding how a team must play to win against Gilmer. Lots of great defense and lots of scoring.

The 2010 and 2011 teams were sub-par according to Gilmer standards. We had some really good players, but weren't a great 'TEAM'. In, 2012, the year we beat Argyle, we good, but that team moved through the playoffs because the tremendous amount of heart they played with. They weren't one of the best Gilmer has put out, but they played hard and with heart and that's what carried them. In 2013, that was probably the most talented team that we had against Argyle. Argyle just flat out, out-played us and beat us.

d0tc0m
12-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and we have both stated ours personally.

Oooh, sassy.

bobcat1
12-17-2014, 01:20 PM
I bet Gilmer would have liked a shot at Argyle this year.

regaleagle
12-17-2014, 01:27 PM

yeah....well they evidently were 8 students short for some reason. I bet they don't make the D2 cut line from now on, haha.

bobcat1
12-17-2014, 01:29 PM
yeah....well they evidently were 8 students short for some reason. I bet they don't make the D2 cut line from now on, haha.They sent 12 out to other districts and took in their 4 stud athletes.:eek:

regaleagle
12-17-2014, 01:39 PM
According to some of the Argyle faithful I've been talking to, those 4000 homes out on Justin road just west of I35 on the very west side of Argyle are being built out in the fields now. So I don't really know how long it will take Argyle to jump to small 5A.....just depends on how fast the subdivision is completed and occupied. I'm guessing maybe 2 more seasons on realignment in 4A, then maybe or maybe not enough in high school to make the leap. Large 4A enrollment numbers coming soon, for sure. Move over Stephenville and Navasota....Argyle's numbers will improve and therefore so will it's draw of athletes. People forget that Argyle is the 2nd smallest enrollment in D1 with only 698 this year. What's gonna happen when new kids show up and their parents are choosing Argyle for all the right reasons, huh? Will need a new high school and stadium, or major improvements to handle the doubling and even tripling of the student body in the not so distant future. 4000 new homes should equate to at least 500 new high schoolers.....almost a doubling of what is there now. What if there were as many as 1000 new students in Argyle? Probably not that many of high school age, but could be and maybe even more....I dunno the predicted stats.

buckeyebob
12-17-2014, 04:46 PM

and not to forget, we were one of the original members of the District of Doom & stayed there until this season...only had two district losses in the last 15 years...34-29 Kilgore last year (lost SC to Carthage) & 38-21 Carthage (SC). This year, we have 4,453 yd passing & 3,745 yd rushing, scoring 915 pts & giving up 251 pts (thru 15 games)...scoring on the average of every 6 snaps...up until Playoffs, we had punted twice.

buckeyebob
12-17-2014, 04:58 PM

It takes a lot to out Gilmer Gilmer...averaging 60 pts per game in playoffs & giving up 20...win or not, WO-S will know they have been in a game that will go down on in their Football Lore Book.

buckeyebob
12-17-2014, 05:05 PM

Damn skippy we would have...Argyle is probably my favorite hard hitter...in 4 at bats with em, we feel like a rivalry has started, one that we would like to continue...gotta play the best in pre-season to be your best in post-season.

chaingang
12-17-2014, 05:38 PM
and not to forget, we were one of the original members of the District of Doom & stayed there until this season...only had two district losses in the last 15 years...34-29 Kilgore last year (lost SC to Carthage) & 38-21 Carthage (SC). This year, we have 4,453 yd passing & 3,745 yd rushing, scoring 915 pts & giving up 251 pts (thru 15 games)...scoring on the average of every 6 snaps...up until Playoffs, we had punted twice.

Well then I sure hope they practiced lots of punting this week in practice.:taunt:

waterboy
12-17-2014, 05:51 PM
Well then I sure hope they practiced lots of punting this week in practice.:taunt:

What's a punter? We're in real trouble now!:eek:

Aesculus gilmus
12-17-2014, 07:08 PM
yeah....well they evidently were 8 students short for some reason. I bet they don't make the D2 cut line from now on, haha.

The cutoff is not eight students away. Gilmer IS the cutoff at 685. And West Orange-Stark has 684. This year enrollment predicted the two top teams in Division II.

My prediction is Gilmer High School will gradually lose enrollment. The district is not growing. There is not much way to make a living here unless you commute (which many do).

Plus, a lot of parents here are in the Dan Patrick camp preferring to home school or privately school their children to keep them out of what they call the "government schools."

This is very bad news for Division II. The football-oriented families will still enroll in GISD as long as the current coaching staff is here.

And this also means Argyle and Gilmer have very likely already played for the final time.

GTownballer
12-17-2014, 08:57 PM
The cutoff is not eight students away. Gilmer IS the cutoff at 685. And West Orange-Stark has 684. This year enrollment predicted the two top teams in Division II.

My prediction is Gilmer High School will gradually lose enrollment. The district is not growing. There is not much way to make a living here unless you commute (which many do).

Plus, a lot of parents here are in the Dan Patrick camp preferring to home school or privately school their children to keep them out of what they call the "government schools."

This is very bad news for Division II. The football-oriented families will still enroll in GISD as long as the current coaching staff is here.

And this also means Argyle and Gilmer have very likely already played for the final time.

This is a very accurate assessment! No new housing projects here, and no new industry!

bobcat1
12-17-2014, 10:21 PM
Let 'em Swang Gilmer.... Let 'em Swang!

lostaussie
12-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Let 'em Swang Gilmer.... Let 'em Swang!

They going to be a tough out

movethechain
12-17-2014, 11:30 PM

I don't know about that. For years, we thought the 4A cut line was determined by Highland Park's numbers. Only problem is, Gilmer ain't got no money to possible influence anybody's decision making "expertise" at the next alignment.

Sweetwater Red
12-18-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm torn as to who root for in this game. Both towns represent themselves well on the board.
Well, except for that one Gilmer poster that was already declared Gilmer will be playing
Celina again next year and is comparing this year's Buckeye team to '83 Daingerfield.
What is he like 95 years old? :taunt:

I don't know who will but what I do know is that I'm getting up in the morning, driving
to Arlington and watching Gilmer/WOS, Argyle/Navasota and Ennis/Cedar park. That's
a heckuva day for a Texas HS football fan.

bobcat1
12-18-2014, 10:50 AM
I'm torn as to who root for in this game. Both towns represent themselves well on the board.
Well, except for that one Gilmer poster that was already declared Gilmer will be playing
Celina again next year and is comparing this year's Buckeye team to '83 Daingerfield.

I don't know who will but what I do know is that I'm getting up in the morning, driving
to Arlington and watching Gilmer/WOS, Argyle/Navasota and Ennis/Cedar park. That's
a heckuva day for a Texas HS football fan.

Have fun. I'll be stuck here at work with no PTO time since I just started here 11-5-14. :confused:

Sweetwater Red
12-18-2014, 11:00 AM
Have fun. I'll be stuck here at work with no PTO time since I just started here 11-5-14. :confused:

Thanks bobcat. Not to boast but 14 years and 350 hours. I'm pretty proud of both. :nerd:

lostaussie
12-18-2014, 11:02 AM

a heckuva day for a Texas HS football fan.That's a good day my friend!!

chaingang
12-18-2014, 11:19 AM
Hey Gilmer.....just wanted to say you need to memorize our roster numbers. We don't have names on the backs of our jerseys. Might be helpful since thats all you will see all day.:taunt:

44INAROW
12-18-2014, 11:28 AM

I'll be here at work as well Bobcat.. but after next Weds, I am off until Jan 7th - woohoo - we can't accumulate PTO so I am just "forced" to take the last week of Dec and 1st of Jan off and head to play with my grandson in Florida :) I would LOVE to give up 3 PTO days to go to Jerry's World and watch the Gobblers play sometime.. We'll get there someday :)

GO BUCKEYES

poisoned10
12-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Hey Gilmer.....just wanted to say you need to memorize our roster numbers. We don't have names on the backs of our jerseys. Might be helpful since thats all you will see all day.:taunt:

Smack talk! I like it.

lostaussie
12-18-2014, 11:38 AM

We don't either.

chaingang
12-18-2014, 11:44 AM
Getting quiet, Just trying liven it up a little.:2thumbsup

Honestly though, its going to be a great game between two great teams. Just sucks that the bux will have to wait at least another year for their 3rd championship. Thats ok though. Reg 2 will someday be relevant again.:stirpot:

bobcat1
12-18-2014, 11:59 AM

Honestly though, its going to be a great game between two great teams. Just sucks that the bux will have to wait at least another year for their 3rd championship. Thats ok though. Reg 2 will someday be relevant again.:stirpot:Just thought I might capture this for later. Carry on!

chaingang
12-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Hey Hey! You Celina people arent in this............................:mad:

bobcat1
12-18-2014, 12:19 PM
Hey Hey! You Celina people arent in this............................:mad:
:taunt:

lostaussie
12-18-2014, 12:38 PM
Just thought I might capture this for later. Carry on!

:thumbsup:

poisoned10
12-18-2014, 12:42 PM

Honestly though, its going to be a great game between two great teams. Just sucks that the bux will have to wait at least another year for their 3rd championship. Thats ok though. Reg 2 will someday be relevant again.:stirpot:

Just thought I would save this for later.

Besides, we all know who really has the best defense in the world.

chaingang
12-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Just thought I would save this for later.

Besides, we all know who really has the best defense in the world.

Why thank you sir, for finally giving us props.:1popcorn:

poisoned10
12-18-2014, 01:08 PM

If only that were true.

poisoned10
12-18-2014, 03:43 PM

The only way WOS gets a state championship is if they steal the trophy from Gilmer.

:stirpot:

chaingang
12-18-2014, 04:22 PM
The only way WOS gets a state championship is if they steal the trophy from Gilmer.

:stirpot:

Well yeah, if you wouldn't have taken it in pre game. We needed it after the game for the awards ceremony.:smoker:

poisoned10
12-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Well yeah, if you wouldn't have taken it in pre game. We needed it after the game for the awards ceremony.:smoker:

Why would WOS need the trophy during the Gilmer celebration?

lostaussie
12-18-2014, 05:13 PM
They went to see Dez before they left for Arlington!!
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_143901298376495_zpsl8g5bevp.jpeg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_143901298376495_zpsl8g5bevp.jpeg.html)

poisoned10
12-18-2014, 05:18 PM
They went to see Dez before they left for Arlington!!
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_143901298376495_zpsl8g5bevp.jpeg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_143901298376495_zpsl8g5bevp.jpeg.html)

Yeah, I knew they were going by. They took video while they were there. I hope to get a chance to see it.

bobcat1
12-18-2014, 06:37 PM
On a mission! DEZign8!

lostaussie
12-18-2014, 08:07 PM
I've been kinda worried all week......but with Waskom just putting it on Newton........ I feel a little less worried. Still gotta play mistake free.....but if we do that, I feel good about our chances. That's as much smack as your getting from me:D

poisoned10
12-18-2014, 08:14 PM
I've been kinda worried all week......but with Waskom just putting it on Newton........ I feel a little less worried. Still gotta play mistake free.....but if we do that, I feel good about our chances. That's as much smack as your getting from me:D

6/10
8/10 with rice.
Would recommend.

chaingang
12-18-2014, 08:24 PM

Well, that's not good for Gilmer at all!!
I'm this game, Newton is Gilmer and Waskom is WOS. There is some time left in the game but everyone thought Newton would blow the doors off of Waskom. Underdog is winning. Have a nice sleep tonight. 😈

poisoned10
12-18-2014, 11:15 PM
Well, that's not good for Gilmer at all!!
I'm this game, Newton is Gilmer and Waskom is WOS. There is some time left in the game but everyone thought Newton would blow the doors off of Waskom. Underdog is winning. Have a nice sleep tonight. 😈

Not sure how you came up with that, but Gilmer would clearly be Waskom seeing how we are both East Texas. WOS would be Newton because you both are Southeast Texas.

poisoned10
12-19-2014, 09:02 AM
Today is finally the day! Today, two of the state's finest square off for the most coveted trophy in the state of Texas, the football state championship. Today, we get to witness the culmination of years of hard work put in by coaches, players and even fans. Today is truly a great day to be a Texan and high school football fan. Today, as we watch the fine young men battle on the gridiron, let us all remember what we are playing for. Not just a state championship but for the Lord first and foremost and our fallen brother Desmond Pollard. Today, let your actions on the field be worthy of pleasing both.

West Orange-Stark, today, you not only face the Gilmer Buckeyes. You face a whole army ... An army of Buckeyes!

Today is the day we play for what you worked so hard for. Today is the day we show everyone what the Gilmer Buckeyes are all about.

Today, we DEZign8!

Go Buckeyes!!!!!

RPF2666
12-19-2014, 10:14 AM
Bring it home, Buckeyes!

poisoned10
12-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Would someone on the WOS side please take a picture of the Gilmer side right before kickoff and post it please? Thanks!

Aggie98
12-19-2014, 12:55 PM
Putting in my call.....

Chase Tate will throw a TD pass for Gilmer in this game.

bobcat1
12-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Has Gilmer scored yet?

Aggie98
12-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Has Gilmer scored yet?

Punted, WOS driving @ Gilmer 20.

Aggie98
12-19-2014, 01:22 PM
Stangs up 7-0 on Dallas Jackson 11-yd run.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Gilmer?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-19-2014, 01:24 PM
Has Gilmer scored yet?3 and punt take that back they did get a first down

SouthTexas Lobo
12-19-2014, 01:26 PM
3 and punt

Wow impressive drive by WOS, that #21 for Gilmer will lay the wood to you. Both teams will deliver a good blow

SintonFan_inAustin
12-19-2014, 01:30 PM
4th and 2 at WOS 45

stop in the back field

WOS ball

SintonFan_inAustin
12-19-2014, 01:33 PM
WOS at Gilmer 33

1st and 5

SintonFan_inAustin
12-19-2014, 01:35 PM
West Orange Stark 7 Gilmer 0 End of 1st qtr

Roughneck93
12-19-2014, 01:44 PM
WOS looking good.

Ranger354
12-19-2014, 01:44 PM
The talk I heard (not on here) was that Gilmer was going to win this easily... Sounds like a hard fought game so far...

SintonFan_inAustin
12-19-2014, 01:45 PM
WOS 13 Gilmer 0 2nd QTR

Aggie98
12-19-2014, 01:45 PM
13-0 WOS.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Gilmer offense?

stopped again, 3 and punt

SintonFan_inAustin
12-19-2014, 01:53 PM
WOS pass complete to 20 of Gilmer

SintonFan_inAustin
12-19-2014, 02:00 PM
WOS 19 Gilmer 0 2nd qtr

Sweetwater Red
Looks like somebody forgot to tell WOS that they are 18 point underdogs.

BB BULLS
WOS looking really good better then when i seen them play 19-0 wos

Roughneck93
12-19-2014, 02:01 PM
That was quick....