PDA

View Full Version : 4A Division 1 Final: Navasota vs Argyle

Pages : 1 [2]

OldBison75
12-23-2014, 09:10 PM
Regardless of the final outcome and how it got to that point, the game itself was a dramatic final finish to cap off this season for the fans. The players performed with an extremely high degree of excellence on the Gridiron of Glory that represents the very best that Texas High School football has come to be known for. This game exemplified why we all participate to some degree and support this sport so much. I did not have a son playing this year, yet I was absolutely captivated by all these games as I watched them. I felt like I was a part of the entire process, and shared in some way with those players that actually played in the games.

My friend, you have hit the nail on the head. Our game was exciting and crazy at times. There were so many fantastic plays on both sides and every single kid that walked or ran onto the field was giving everything to win. The competition on every single play and at every single position was thrilling to watch. I saw so many plays that were made by not only athletic ability, but there was so much desire. Like you, I have no kids on the team, and have not had one on the Rattler football team ever. However, the kids that have and are playing are part of my community and I see them daily. Most know me by name and speak when we meet. Therefore, they are my kids and I support them no matter what. I know you feel much the same. I actually thought I needed some heart pills several times during the game and I don't even have heart problems.

Thank you for your comments all year and especially for the classy way you made this post. I know you are disappointed with the way the game ended and how it got there. I would be in your place too. Anytime there is so much put into a season and you feel it was stolen at the end hurts. But take heart in the fact that those kids from Argyle were at the very least equal to the challenge and through bad luck or providence had to settle for not winning when they truly feel they deserved to win. I will only say that if I was in your shoes, I would be wondering what I had to do to win. May God bless you and yours, and every fan from across the state on this holiday season.

regaleagle
12-23-2014, 11:44 PM
My friend, you have hit the nail on the head. Our game was exciting and crazy at times. There were so many fantastic plays on both sides and every single kid that walked or ran onto the field was giving everything to win. The competition on every single play and at every single position was thrilling to watch. I saw so many plays that were made by not only athletic ability, but there was so much desire. Like you, I have no kids on the team, and have not had one on the Rattler football team ever. However, the kids that have and are playing are part of my community and I see them daily. Most know me by name and speak when we meet. Therefore, they are my kids and I support them no matter what. I know you feel much the same. I actually thought I needed some heart pills several times during the game and I don't even have heart problems.

Thank you for your comments all year and especially for the classy way you made this post. I know you are disappointed with the way the game ended and how it got there. I would be in your place too. Anytime there is so much put into a season and you feel it was stolen at the end hurts. But take heart in the fact that those kids from Argyle were at the very least equal to the challenge and through bad luck or providence had to settle for not winning when they truly feel they deserved to win. I will only say that if I was in your shoes, I would be wondering what I had to do to win. May God bless you and yours, and every fan from across the state on this holiday season.

Amen, Old Bison. And a wish for you and yours to always seek what is right in the eyes of the Lord God Almighty. Have a wonderful Holiday Season everyone!