PDA

View Full Version : Houston astros

Saggy Aggie
12-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Just addressed their biggest need....

They've signed 2 relief pitchers, pat neshek and luke gregerson.

Neshek was an all star last year and gregerson has a career ERA of 2.75. He posted a 2.12 line over 72 innings last year for Oakland.

buff4ever
12-10-2014, 12:07 PM
that is a step

Saggy Aggie
12-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Astros are improving significantly though.... They won 19 more games in 2014 than 2013 and this coming season should be another step in the right direction

Infield hitting sucks, but SS carlos correa should hit the majors this year. 3B Colin Moran not far behind. We're obviously good at 2b with Altuve, and Castro is respectable behind the plate. The biggest remaining needs are 1b (singleton was miserable last year) and DH. I haven't heard anything regarding these.... So they are still the biggest holes.

Houston could also use some more starting pitching, but the minors is pretty deep and appel will be in houston soon.

Houston also can reload the farm again as they have 2 of the first 5 picks in the coming draft.

Bull Butter
12-10-2014, 11:32 PM
Don't forget a healthy Springer in the OF

Tejastrue
12-11-2014, 12:01 AM
Stros suck........

Saggy Aggie
12-11-2014, 06:47 PM
Don't forget a healthy Springer in the OF

I didn't mention the outfield in general because irs pretty solid. Springer, fowler and a combination of Presley/Grossman/Santana is good enough for me

1st and goal
12-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Stros suck........

Yeah, they have sucked the last few years, what's your point?

Tejastrue
12-11-2014, 10:52 PM
I guess you have not kept up..it was a shot at Saggy....he knows...

Weebe
12-11-2014, 11:36 PM
I'm not sure Correa makes it up this year after losing out on a year of development last year.

I'm also not really impressed by Moran's career minor league numbers. I'm really not sure why he is rated as highly as he is.

He may be better than Dominguez, but that isn't saying much.

I would really like to see Appel return to form. They really need a 1 or 2 pitcher in the next couple of years.

Saggy Aggie
12-12-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm not sure Correa makes it up this year after losing out on a year of development last year.

I'm also not really impressed by Moran's career minor league numbers. I'm really not sure why he is rated as highly as he is.

He may be better than Dominguez, but that isn't saying much.

I would really like to see Appel return to form. They really need a 1 or 2 pitcher in the next couple of years.

I think Luhnow said correa was close to getting the call before the injury.

What's unimpressive about Moran's numbers? Like a .300 hitter with pretty solid HR numbers in the minors in his first full minor league season.

Every indication is that he's on the fast track.

Despite appels struggles, he really got it together in double A and winter ball. I think he'll be in Houston this year

Farmersfan
12-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Astros are improving significantly though.... They won 19 more games in 2014 than 2013 and this coming season should be another step in the right direction

Infield hitting sucks, but SS carlos correa should hit the majors this year. 3B Colin Moran not far behind. We're obviously good at 2b with Altuve, and Castro is respectable behind the plate. The biggest remaining needs are 1b (singleton was miserable last year) and DH. I haven't heard anything regarding these.... So they are still the biggest holes.

Houston could also use some more starting pitching, but the minors is pretty deep and appel will be in houston soon.

Houston also can reload the farm again as they have 2 of the first 5 picks in the coming draft.

The Astros improved their record by 19 games but that doesn't mean they improved their play or team that much. 10 of the 19 games improvement for the Astros came against the Rangers who fell off the planet last season. The decline of other teams does not mean an improvement of your team..................

Saggy Aggie
12-12-2014, 06:38 PM
The Astros improved their record by 19 games but that doesn't mean they improved their play or team that much. 10 of the 19 games improvement for the Astros came against the Rangers who fell off the planet last season. The decline of other teams does not mean an improvement of your team..................

You're an idiot if you don't think houston was improved. I'll just leave it at that

Saggy Aggie
12-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Astros addressed another need by signing SS Jed lowrie. Hope he can stay healthy...

caleb_mccaig
12-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Astros addressed another need by signing SS Jed lowrie. Hope he can stay healthy...

I saw he may play 3B on twitter

Weebe
12-15-2014, 09:48 PM
I think Luhnow said correa was close to getting the call before the injury.

What's unimpressive about Moran's numbers? Like a .300 hitter with pretty solid HR numbers in the minors in his first full minor league season.

Every indication is that he's on the fast track.

Despite appels struggles, he really got it together in double A and winter ball. I think he'll be in Houston this year

Moran has played 159 minor league games (essentially a full season). He has hit .297 with 11 home runs and a .345 OBP. He has no speed.

None of those numbers would be above average at the major league level.

Scoop27
12-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Will the Astros be on the Root Sports TV Channel on Direct TV next year?.It is broadcasting the Rockets games now

Saggy Aggie
12-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Moran has played 159 minor league games (essentially a full season). He has hit .297 with 11 home runs and a .345 OBP.

You essentially said exactly what I said (.300 batting average in his first full minor league season.

.297 wouldn't be considered above average?

That's a really nice start to his career for a young player. A lot of minor leaguers struggle their first year in pro ball. He didn't...

I think you'll continue to see those numbers get better and better as he progresses and gains experience

Saggy Aggie
12-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Will the Astros be on the Root Sports TV Channel on Direct TV next year?.It is broadcasting the Rockets games now

I believe so

Saggy Aggie
12-16-2014, 01:23 PM
I saw he may play 3B on twitter

I heard he's a stop gap at SS until correa makes it up, at which point he may shift to 3B (if Moran isn't already at the majors) or become a utility/DH player.

Houston has a bigger need at SS right now than 3B....