2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. Ohio St.
5. Baylor
6. TCU

LOL, look how DEEP the big 12 is yall.

Macarthur
12-07-2014, 12:53 PM
I think with the OSU win, we all saw this coming.

Saggy Aggie
12-07-2014, 12:57 PM
I'm glad baylor finally got ahead of TCU... I just couldn't make sense of that. Not that it makes baylor feel any better lol

turbostud
12-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Leave it to an Aggy. ATM gets killed all year in the SEC after claiming they run the state and then has to resort to shaming a conference that they could never win.

regaleagle
12-07-2014, 01:05 PM
I really can't blame the Selection Committee on this selection for 4 teams. Baylor had their chance and faltered, as did TCU in the Baylor loss. Baylor barely got past a very weak TTech team. When you honestly evaluate all these 6 teams, even though I'm a Big 12 bigtime fan, and would love to see both these teams in the playoff format, they both came under scrutiny in the end against the other 4 teams. I really think both Baylor and TCU would definitely have a chance to beat ANY of the other 4 teams in a head-to-head, but there are only 4 spots and which other team does not deserve to be there, huh? You really need to move this playoff format to a larger number of 8 teams with the number of major conferences in college football and competitive teams out there in the future. Next time it will be some other teams that get left out. The Big 12 needs to go back to a conference championship. That's my opinion. But we do have a start....we do have a playoff format to work with now. It can and should get tweaked and improved from here.

Saggy Aggie
12-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Leave it to an Aggy. ATM gets killed all year in the SEC after claiming they run the state and then has to resort to shaming a conference that they could never win.

Lol you mad?

turbostud
12-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Lol you mad?

not at all. I thought you were since ATM is the 4th best team in Texas, and 9th best team in the SEC.

Saggy Aggie
12-07-2014, 02:32 PM
not at all. I thought you were since ATM is the 4th best team in Texas, and 9th best team in the SEC.

Lol you're mad

FB-fanatic
12-07-2014, 02:36 PM
I really can't blame the Selection Committee on this selection for 4 teams. Baylor had their chance and faltered, as did TCU in the Baylor loss. Baylor barely got past a very weak TTech team. When you honestly evaluate all these 6 teams, even though I'm a Big 12 bigtime fan, and would love to see both these teams in the playoff format, they both came under scrutiny in the end against the other 4 teams. I really think both Baylor and TCU would definitely have a chance to beat ANY of the other 4 teams in a head-to-head, but there are only 4 spots and which other team does not deserve to be there, huh? You really need to move this playoff format to a larger number of 8 teams with the number of major conferences in college football and competitive teams out there in the future. Next time it will be some other teams that get left out. The Big 12 needs to go back to a conference championship. That's my opinion. But we do have a start....we do have a playoff format to work with now. It can and should get tweaked and improved from here.

This. We used to argue about the #1 spot, now we spend two weeks arguing the #4 spot with very little argument about the top spot. So if you get one of the 2-4 spots - great, be happy. I you wanted to be assured of being in, win out. If you don't get in, don't rant about a crooked system or the commission choosing big programs or firing the Big XII commissioner. Four team playoff is fine and works.

SouthTexas Lobo
12-07-2014, 03:17 PM
This. We used to argue about the #1 spot, now we spend two weeks arguing the #4 spot with very little argument about the top spot. So if you get one of the 2-4 spots - great, be happy. I you wanted to be assured of being in, win out. If you don't get in, don't rant about a crooked system or the commission choosing big programs or firing the Big XII commissioner. Four team playoff is fine and works.
Really don't believe Regal was ranting, just stating facts in his opinion just like you did. I believe he stated some valid points. I think the four spot system works in the first year with opportunity to improve each year. I personnelly think that Ohio State won their way in last night, otherwise it would have been different in the 4th spot, and life moves on.

FB-fanatic
12-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Really don't believe Regal was ranting, just stating facts in his opinion just like you did. I believe he stated some valid points. I think the four spot system works in the first year with opportunity to improve each year. I personnelly think that Ohio State won their way in last night, otherwise it would have been different in the 4th spot, and life moves on.

I'm in Waco, so there is a *lot* of ranting is this town right now.

PhiI C
12-07-2014, 04:22 PM

Eight team playoff is even better!

turbostud
12-08-2014, 01:07 PM
Lol you're mad

nope.

turbostud
12-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Lol you're mad

I think the playoff people got it right, maybe could have replaced Ohio St with TCU or Baylor, but that's how it goes. I think Ohio St will get rolled by Bama I just find it amusing when the train wreck aggys open their pie holes.

Macarthur
12-08-2014, 03:02 PM
As a TCU fan, I'm disappointed that they didn't get, but when I step back and try to look at it objectively, I see why OSU was put in. However, I still think there's good points made against OSU. I still think between TCU, Baylor and OSU, TCU had the 'best loss' of the three.

The biggest thing that bothers me as a TCU fan is looking back at the BAylor game and the two PI calls that went against (one a no call) TCU that would have ended that game. It's very diffcult to swallow that you are one officials flag away from being the top one or two seed.

caleb_mccaig
12-08-2014, 03:07 PM
As a TCU fan, I'm disappointed that they didn't get, but when I step back and try to look at it objectively, I see why OSU was put in. However, I still think there's good points made against OSU. I still think between TCU, Baylor and OSU, TCU had the 'best loss' of the three.

The biggest thing that bothers me as a TCU fan is looking back at the BAylor game and the two PI calls that went against (one a no call) TCU that would have ended that game. It's very diffcult to swallow that you are one officials flag away from being the top one or two seed.

I was fighting against TCU being in the playoff, partly because Bowlsby went against his own words from the pre-season when he said if there is a tie then a tiebreaker of head-to-head would be used to decide the Big 12 Champion, but I have to agree that TCU got screwed. Ohio State had the worst loss out of TCU, Baylor and them. I'm just upset the Big 12 is not being represented at all. TCU did absolutely NOTHING to fall from 3 to 6. I do think Baylor MAYBE should have jumped them with another win against a top 10 team, but regardless its turned into a joke.

Macarthur
12-08-2014, 03:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLwAOveywxk

Watch at the 45 min mark (no call on 4th down) and the 46:58 gave Baylor the game. You simply can not argue one of those is PI and the other is not.

caleb_mccaig
12-08-2014, 03:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLwAOveywxk

Watch at the 45 min mark (no call on 4th down) and the 46:58 gave Baylor the game. You simply can not argue one of those is PI and the other is not.

Never leave the game in the refs hands.

Macarthur
12-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Never leave the game in the refs hands.

That's always good to say when you're on the good end of it. The reality is when you have two good teams playing a close game, a very critical call can most certainly swing the game in one team's favor. I don't have a problem with that as long as officials are consistent. That was clearly a case of them not being consisitnet.

caleb_mccaig
12-08-2014, 03:32 PM
That's always good to say when you're on the good end of it. The reality is when you have two good teams playing a close game, a very critical call can most certainly swing the game in one team's favor. I don't have a problem with that as long as officials are consistent. That was clearly a case of them not being consisitnet.

Lol no, I understand. The refs in the Baylor and WVU were ridiculous. I think Baylor had more than 150+ yards in penalties. I honestly prefer when the refs let them play then calling PI every other pass.

Saggy Aggie
12-08-2014, 08:06 PM
TCU was the least deserving of the 3. Boykin deserved to be invited to NY for the Heisman though

Macarthur
12-08-2014, 09:48 PM
It's certainly a coin flip w Baylor and TCU and I see why some give more credence to the head to head.

However, I think the big 10 is garbage. I think the whole league is a joke and they've have .298 winning % in bowl games the last 10 years.

I also think it's odd that TCU was worthy of 3 last week and in 5 days they lost 3 spots?

Saggy Aggie
12-08-2014, 11:29 PM
It's certainly a coin flip w Baylor and TCU and I see why some give more credence to the head to head.

However, I think the big 10 is garbage. I think the whole league is a joke and they've have .298 winning % in bowl games the last 10 years.

I also think it's odd that TCU was worthy of 3 last week and in 5 days they lost 3 spots?

Resumes change...

Baylor, FSU and Ohio St all beat pretty highly ranked teams while TCU beat up on a weak Iowa St school....

Lets say youre looking at hiring 2 new grads, both of which have nice internships but one has a 3.2 GPA and the other has a 3.0 GPA after their junior years. Lets say youre leaning toward the first one, but over the course of their senior year, student B brings his up to a 3.25 and student A's stays put at 3.2... now all of a sudden the other student may look better to you especially considering that he shined when it mattered most and the other did nothing to impress you....

Macarthur
12-09-2014, 07:40 AM
Resumes change...

Baylor, FSU and Ohio St all beat pretty highly ranked teams while TCU beat up on a weak Iowa St school....

Lets say youre looking at hiring 2 new grads, both of which have nice internships but one has a 3.2 GPA and the other has a 3.0 GPA after their junior years. Lets say youre leaning toward the first one, but over the course of their senior year, student B brings his up to a 3.25 and student A's stays put at 3.2... now all of a sudden the other student may look better to you especially considering that he shined when it mattered most and the other did nothing to impress you....

Resumes don't change that much in 5 days. Sorry.

My beef isn't w Baylor so TCU is still probably out. My issue is Ohio state. On the surface, Ohio state appears to have a Bette resume but if you dig into that big ten resume, it's pretty mediocre, to say the least. The big ten is an awful conference. And how the hell was wisc ranked 13? They were whipped by lsu and lost to freaking northwestern. The big ten has been awful for more than a decade now and I think the bowl season will bear that out again this year.

Macarthur
12-09-2014, 07:43 AM
And by the way, Vegas thinks they got it wrong, too.

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/11997738/betting-ohio-state-not-considered-playoff-team-vegas

Macarthur
12-09-2014, 09:44 AM
http://www.wfaa.com/story/sports/dale-hansen/2014/12/08/hansen-unplugged-business-as-usual/20125417/

New Taiton
12-09-2014, 10:03 AM
The big ten is an awful conference.

On the flip side - the Big 12 was not good this year as well.

Texas was 6-6
OU underperformed after being highly touted
OSU was not good
Tech was terrible
KState was on par with their history - good team
ISU was bad
KU was bad
WVU underperformed
Baylor was good
TCU was good

At the end of the day, Ohio State got the nod because of their name and because they're their conference champ.

Macarthur
12-09-2014, 10:15 AM
They got it because of their name...I agree with that.

I would not argue the Big 12 is the best or better than the SEC, but to say they were not good is realtive.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/tag/_/name/conference-power-rankings

http://realtimerpi.com/college_football/ncaaf_conf_Men.html

The Big 10 sucks, dude. Period.

Having said that, the Big 12 handled this very poorly so I'm not necessarily defending the conference as much as I think the conf perception should not have hurt Baylor and TCU as much as it did.

caleb_mccaig
12-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Resumes don't change that much in 5 days. Sorry.

My beef isn't w Baylor so TCU is still probably out. My issue is Ohio state. On the surface, Ohio state appears to have a Bette resume but if you dig into that big ten resume, it's pretty mediocre, to say the least. The big ten is an awful conference. And how the hell was wisc ranked 13? They were whipped by lsu and lost to freaking northwestern. The big ten has been awful for more than a decade now and I think the bowl season will bear that out again this year.

Wiconsin wasn't "whipped" by LSU. The Tigers won 28-24 in a game that they trailed for probably 90% of.

Macarthur
12-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Wiconsin wasn't "whipped" by LSU. The Tigers won 28-24 in a game that they trailed for probably 90% of.

Lsu is not a good team. And they lost to northwestern. The big 10 is garbage. I think TCU and Baylor would beat OSU by 21.

Rabid Cougar
12-09-2014, 02:20 PM
If it were Texas or OU we wouldn't be talking about this. Its all about the "Big Time" programs with huge followings.

1st and goal
12-09-2014, 03:29 PM
If it were Texas or OU we wouldn't be talking about this. Its all about the "Big Time" programs with huge followings.

Yep, follow the money.

caleb_mccaig
12-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Lsu is not a good team. And they lost to northwestern. The big 10 is garbage. I think TCU and Baylor would beat OSU by 21.

Lol so you don't think Bama is a good team? LSU was one play away from beating them. I doubt any team in the big 12 or any other team in the country beats them.

Macarthur
12-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Lol so you don't think Bama is a good team? LSU was one play away from beating them. I doubt any team in the big 12 or any other team in the country beats them.

I think TCU and Baylor would curb stomp lsu.

Macarthur
12-09-2014, 05:32 PM
And WV beat Baylor. Does that mean WV is better than baylor? Of course not.

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2014, 06:24 PM
You're stretching hardcore to say that baylor and TCU would stomp OSU and LSU....

What exactly has either done to prove that? Beat (in some cases, barely) a bunch of other big 12 schools that we know suck?

Tejastrue
12-09-2014, 06:39 PM
arkansas

caleb_mccaig
12-09-2014, 06:46 PM
I think TCU and Baylor would curb stomp lsu.

I think it's a bit foolish to say that so and so would beat so and so when they have no chance of playing one another. However, I would find it hard to believe that Baylor, or anyone in the Big 12 could stop LSU's rushing attack or score many points on the no.1 defense in the SEC and the best secondary in the country.

LSU hasn't lost a non-conference game in years and that includes games against Oregon, TCU, Wisconsin and WVU. The last three games against a Big 12 opponent LSU has won including the WVU, TCU and the Cotton Bowl several years ago against A&M. So I don't see where any factual proof shows that a Big 12 team curb stomps LSU.

Macarthur
12-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Maybe using the tem curb stomp is a little dramatic, but yes, I do think they would beat lsu. TCU has the defense to shut down lsu due to them being pretty one dimensional.

Macarthur
12-09-2014, 07:15 PM
You're stretching hardcore to say that baylor and TCU would stomp OSU and LSU....

What exactly has either done to prove that? Beat (in some cases, barely) a bunch of other big 12 schools that we know suck?

Well, the one comparable game is OSU and TCU both played minn. TCU throttled them pretty good and really took their foot off the gas in the 4th.

Macarthur
12-09-2014, 08:02 PM
Maybe using the tem curb stomp is a little dramatic, but yes, I do think they would beat lsu. TCU has the defense to shut down lsu due to them being pretty one dimensional.

Too much whiskey. 😃

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Well, the one comparable game is OSU and TCU both played minn. TCU throttled them pretty good and really took their foot off the gas in the 4th.

Lol so a single common opponent is your justification? Perfect

Macarthur
12-10-2014, 12:05 AM
Lol so a single common opponent is your justification? Perfect

TCU is better. How's that?

Macarthur
12-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Doesn't it seem a bit odd that Vegas has come out and said OSU would be an underdog to both Baylor and TCU. And every single big 10 team in a bowl is an underdog.

msu97
12-10-2014, 01:35 PM
the problem here, is ESPN... since they had to have the "reveal" so they could draw ratings and money and what not...

if the only rankings that were put out were the final one, then the controversy would be avoided... there would be some argument, but not much...

but since TCU was #3 on Tuesday, they win 55-3, and in essence, did nothing to move 3 spots backwards, then people complain...

if they only rankings that came out were last Sunday, most of life would be normal...

but I do agree that if you switch Baylor/TCU with UT/OU, then UT/OU would be in... the NCAA is a business

Saggy Aggie
12-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Doesn't it seem a bit odd that Vegas has come out and said OSU would be an underdog to both Baylor and TCU. And every single big 10 team in a bowl is an underdog.

No I don't think that's odd. I think Vegas has their opinion and you have yours. I happen to think the big 12 sucks and Theyd get bent over by OSU, but that doesn't make it true

Tejastrue
12-10-2014, 11:58 PM
Wow..Saggy somewhat conceding...lol

Rabid Cougar
12-11-2014, 11:27 AM
No I don't think that's odd. I think Vegas has their opinion and you have yours. I happen to think the big 12 sucks and Theyd get bent over by OSU, but that doesn't make it true

OSU would be bent over by Baylor and TCU.

Saggy Aggie
12-11-2014, 07:15 PM
OSU would be bent over by Baylor and TCU.

Lol they can't even stomp the schools that suck in their conference (TTU, WVU, KU, OU) just to name a few. What has either of them done to suggest Theyd stomp a decent team??

I can't wait to hear your response

BwdLions
12-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Lol they can't even stomp the schools that suck in their conference (TTU, WVU, KU, OU) just to name a few. What has either of them done to suggest Theyd stomp a decent team??

WV and OU don't suck. They had disappointing seasons, but they are far from sucking. Both of these teams could beat several teams from the mighty $EC.

caleb_mccaig
12-12-2014, 11:48 AM

Lol OSU lost to a VT team who is worse than all of the big 12 at home.

Saggy Aggie
12-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Lol OSU lost to a VT team who is worse than all of the big 12 at home.

Worse than all of the big 12? Surely you're joking....

caleb_mccaig
12-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Worse than all of the big 12? Surely you're joking....

No idea if I'm right here, but I don't any Big 12 team got shutout this year, unlike VT, even though the game went into overtime.

Saggy Aggie
12-12-2014, 06:51 PM
No idea if I'm right here, but I don't any Big 12 team got shutout this year, unlike VT, even though the game went into overtime.

What does one shut out have to do with a body of work? Tech, KU and Iowa st were jokes of football teams.

VT's resume really not much that different and WVU's or OU's...