PDA

View Full Version : BURNET AND GAINESVILLE KICKERS??

mr.leopard man
12-11-2003, 11:16 PM
HELLO.. IM BACKKKKKK.. I WAS BANNED AWHILE TOO...I WAS WANDERING...I KNOW GAINESVILLE HAS A EXCELLENT KICKER HOW ABOUT BURNET? :)

Keith7
12-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Jordan Shiply kicks for burnet if i remember right from the broadcast.. and he missed like a 26 yarder durin the jasper game

Leopards,class of 75
12-11-2003, 11:54 PM
Welcome back Leopard Man. Gainesville has a good kicker, have not heard about Burnet's kicker. This can win and lose close games for sure! Good luck to both teams on Saturday night!

kaorder1999
12-11-2003, 11:57 PM
i heard g-villes kicker is awesome...saw him kick hte game winner against forney

Leopards,class of 75
12-12-2003, 12:22 AM
He kicked 3 field goals against Forney. This really become a key factor to Gainesville's win that week, winning by only 3 points.

Old Dog
12-12-2003, 09:39 AM
Burnet has not used a kicker under great pressure. The missed FG in the Jasper game was either a muffed snap or a blown fake (not sure which). Looks like Gainesville has a definate advantage in the FG department.

Does the Gainesville kicker usually put the ball into the end zone on kick-offs?

LowDownDawg
12-12-2003, 10:28 AM
The miss by Shipley during the Jasper game was not the result of a bad snap or bad kick. I has to do with the narrower goal posts at a college stadium. Jordan's kick went over the top of the left upright. You could see the hesitation on the part of the official. But he later told the coaches that it had gone over the top of the upright. Won't have that problem with narrow goalposts this weekend. He is an awesome kicker, and I believe if it comes down to it again this week he won't miss. I think he could hit from 50 with the leg he has.

pepboy
12-12-2003, 11:06 AM
I got a chance to see Jordan kick the ball straight through the uprights form the 45 yrd line. Don't know about a game situation but it sure was impressive to see that ball go throuh at such a long distance. So you know he can but will he be called on to make a BIG one? Should be fun to watch.

Old Dog
12-12-2003, 11:59 AM
LowDown, I forgot about the missed FG on the north end, but I was speaking of the "what-ever-you-want-to-call-it" at the south end that never had a foot touch it.

MonkeyJoe
12-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Ok, so i guess Gainesville has the upper hand in the kicking game. That's always nice.

Keith7
12-12-2003, 03:12 PM
LowDownDawg:
The miss by Shipley during the Jasper game was not the result of a bad snap or bad kick. I has to do with the narrower goal posts at a college stadium. Jordan's kick went over the top of the left upright. You could see the hesitation on the part of the official. But he later told the coaches that it had gone over the top of the upright. Won't have that problem with narrow goalposts this weekend. He is an awesome kicker, and I believe if it comes down to it again this week he won't miss. I think he could hit from 50 with the leg he has.College dont have a narrower goal post

MonkeyJoe
12-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Keith7:

LowDownDawg:
The miss by Shipley during the Jasper game was not the result of a bad snap or bad kick. I has to do with the narrower goal posts at a college stadium. Jordan's kick went over the top of the left upright. You could see the hesitation on the part of the official. But he later told the coaches that it had gone over the top of the upright. Won't have that problem with narrow goalposts this weekend. He is an awesome kicker, and I believe if it comes down to it again this week he won't miss. I think he could hit from 50 with the leg he has.College dont have a narrower goal postI didnt think so either...

zippy
12-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Keith & MonkeyJoe, the goalpost is narrower in college and pro stadiums. I believe (don't hold me to it) that they are 24 inches narrower upright to upright.

Bellville22
12-12-2003, 05:01 PM
I'm pretty sure they're narrower too, I was thinking 3 feet.

Bandera YaYa
12-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Leopards,class of 75:
Welcome back Leopard Man. Gainesville has a good kicker, have not heard about Burnet's kicker. This can win and lose close games for sure! Good luck to both teams on Saturday night!...You sure got that right !!!!!! Whew!!!!

MonkeyJoe
12-12-2003, 05:15 PM
Football Questions Site (http://www.answerbag.com/c_view.php/224#q_1368)

Scroll down to Questions...
then click on #5..
there is where you will find your answer to the goalposts question.

spaniard
12-12-2003, 05:34 PM
the ncaa goalpost width is narrower. i went to howard payne university in brownwood for a year, and they shared gordon wood stadium with brownwood high school, and at the hpu games, they had to put some things on the uprights to make them ncaa regulation width. i believe the difference was about 24 inches per post. the answer to the question about the posts being different widths from high school to college is yes, the college posts are narrower, and that is for sure.

Keith7
12-13-2003, 02:30 AM
spaniard:
the ncaa goalpost width is narrower. i went to howard payne university in brownwood for a year, and they shared gordon wood stadium with brownwood high school, and at the hpu games, they had to put some things on the uprights to make them ncaa regulation width. i believe the difference was about 24 inches per post. the answer to the question about the posts being different widths from high school to college is yes, the college posts are narrower, and that is for sure.No its an illusion.. the regulation goal post in ncaa makes the post taller, and the hash marks wider.. making the illusion that the post are narrower

espn1
12-13-2003, 07:38 AM
Keith7:

spaniard:
the ncaa goalpost width is narrower. i went to howard payne university in brownwood for a year, and they shared gordon wood stadium with brownwood high school, and at the hpu games, they had to put some things on the uprights to make them ncaa regulation width. i believe the difference was about 24 inches per post. the answer to the question about the posts being different widths from high school to college is yes, the college posts are narrower, and that is for sure.No its an illusion.. the regulation goal post in ncaa makes the post taller, and the hash marks wider.. making the illusion that the post are narrowerThat is incorrect info!
In the NCAA Football Rulebook for 2003, Rule 1 Section 2 Article 5 Paragraph b states "Above the crossbar, the uprights shall be white or yellow and 18 feet, six inches apart inside to inside."

High school uprights are set 23 feet, 4 inches apart inside to inside, a difference of nearly five feet. That difference can make a substantial difference in the ability of a placekicker to hit an extra point or field goal.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/weihnachten/s4/clicksmilies4056.png http://www.smiliegenerator.de/weihnachten/s4/clicksmilies4059.png

<small>[ December 13, 2003, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

Keith7
12-13-2003, 08:36 AM
espn1:

Keith7:

spaniard:
the ncaa goalpost width is narrower. i went to howard payne university in brownwood for a year, and they shared gordon wood stadium with brownwood high school, and at the hpu games, they had to put some things on the uprights to make them ncaa regulation width. i believe the difference was about 24 inches per post. the answer to the question about the posts being different widths from high school to college is yes, the college posts are narrower, and that is for sure.No its an illusion.. the regulation goal post in ncaa makes the post taller, and the hash marks wider.. making the illusion that the post are narrowerThat is incorrect info!
In the NCAA Football Rulebook for 2003, Rule 1 Section 2 Article 5 Paragraph b states "Above the crossbar, the uprights shall be white or yellow and 18 feet, six inches apart inside to inside."

High school uprights are set 23 feet, 4 inches apart inside to inside, a difference of nearly five feet. That difference can make a substantial difference in the ability of a placekicker to hit an extra point or field goal.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/weihnachten/s4/clicksmilies4056.png http://www.smiliegenerator.de/weihnachten/s4/clicksmilies4059.pngWell i guess u learn something new everyday..

I was told wrong a couple years back when we practiced at UNT... and it seemed believeable

spaniard
12-13-2003, 01:05 PM
its all good keith7, ive had to learn that i cant always be right also, hehe, and it always hurts the pride. :D

Keith7
12-13-2003, 04:57 PM
ha.. I still don't admit i'm wrong.. if u read above i just blamed it on someone else