PDA

View Full Version : WOS Mustangs vs Sinton Pirates

WOS1
12-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Rita, did you ever think this would happen??? The crew was asking about you last night. My daughter, who was in the drill team the last time we saw you, is married now and we have a a SIL in tow with us now!!! But, he's a Mustang, so he's alright. :)

Anyway, anyone heard where and when yet? Oddly, I've only heard Houston area on Friday.

pirate4state
12-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Hey Brent! Of course I did ;) this is nuts. Y'all take it easy on us. All I heard was Houston too. Reliant would be nice, but it's probably gonna be at one of the surrounding stadiums --- just NOT Katy!!! LOL

And I hope it's a stadium that will allow for cross-overs...would love to say hi! :wave:

Y'all really did a number on LG. Maybe we match up better? :thinking:

Saggy Aggie
12-06-2014, 11:31 AM
I would be shocked if Sinton keeps it within 21.

WOS is crazy good on defense....

pirate4state
12-06-2014, 11:38 AM
I would be shocked if Sinton keeps it within 21.

WOS is crazy good on defense....

We definitely know what we are up against.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-06-2014, 11:41 AM
Hey Brent! Of course I did ;) this is nuts. Y'all take it easy on us. All I heard was Houston too. Reliant would be nice, but it's probably gonna be at one of the surrounding stadiums --- just NOT Katy!!! LOL

And I hope it's a stadium that will allow for cross-overs...would love to say hi! :wave:

Y'all really did a number on LG. Maybe we match up better? :thinking:any chance it gets move to Saturday?

Going to miss company Christmas party again if on Friday.

Saggy Aggie
12-06-2014, 11:48 AM
We definitely know what we are up against.

As a comparison, WOS is not as polished offensively as Fairfield last year, but damn... I think their D is good enough they could pitch a shut out.

I think LG's inability to effectively throw it was the biggest problem. WOS had the DBs to man up with LG WRs and win those matchups everytime, allowing the rest of the defense to just tee off on Dobbins and Hutchison.

I know Handson (i think thats his name) is a good runner, but if i remember right, hes a pretty effective passer as well. If thats the case, i like the matchup a little better for Sinton than LG.

I always like to see the Pirates do well. If its in the houston area, ill probably attend.

pirate4state
12-06-2014, 11:49 AM
any chance it gets move to Saturday?

I doubt it. A Saturday afternoon game would be awesome, but would give the winner one less day to prepare for the state championship week.

sinfan75
12-06-2014, 11:52 AM
any chance it gets move to Saturday?

I'm with ya on the Saturday. Makes life a lot easier on the workin folk!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-06-2014, 11:56 AM
As a comparison, WOS is not as polished offensively as Fairfield last year, but damn... I think their D is good enough they could pitch a shut out.

I think LG's inability to effectively throw it was the biggest problem. WOS had the DBs to man up with LG WRs and win those matchups everytime, allowing the rest of the defense to just tee off on Dobbins and Hutchison.

I know Handson (i think thats his name) is a good runner, but if i remember right, hes a pretty effective passer as well. If thats the case, i like the matchup a little better for Sinton than LG.

I always like to see the Pirates do well. If its in the houston area, ill probably attend.Passing game was missing last year against Fairfield, Sinton passing game keeps them balance some lately in their 6 game win streak as Handson using all his wr and backs out of the backfield. Pretty sure will be tough to run on them if Sinton doesn't get the passing game going. We'll see how well Sinton offense will do, I do think we have some good wr also.

d0tc0m
12-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Go Mustangs!!!

pirate4state
12-06-2014, 12:02 PM

I always like to see the Pirates do well. If its in the houston area, ill probably attend.

He's been slinging it very well of late, but our O-line will HAVE to give him time and our WRs will have to continue to make plays. I have no doubt WOS DBs will be right there to challenge our WRs. After watching just a few highlight videos it is apparent that the 'Stangs have the speed that we only see when facing someone from up north. You know as well as anyone that has faced us...we will keep fighting until the clock strikes zero!

WOS1
12-06-2014, 12:05 PM
He's been slinging it very well of late, but our O-line will HAVE to give him time and our WRs will have to continue to make plays. I have no doubt WOS DBs will be right there to challenge our WRs. After watching just a few highlight videos it is apparent that the 'Stangs have the speed that we only see when facing someone from up north. You know as well as anyone that has faced us...we will keep fighting until the clock strikes zero!

I've never seen a Sinton game. Looking forward to seeing the team that the biggest female football fan in the state of Texas supports! :)

region4fan
12-06-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm with ya on the Saturday. Makes life a lot easier on the workin folk!

Depends on the State game as well I would think, allowing enough time for preparation.

SintonFan
12-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Fingers crossed for Saturday! lol
I never ever thought I would see this matchup, and with both teams 4A! :crazy1:
GO PIRATES!!!

Roughneck93
12-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Fingers crossed for a Saturday game as well.

WOS1
12-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Fingers crossed for a Saturday game as well.
Saturday is not gonna happen, sry.

Roughneck93
12-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Saturday is not gonna happen, sry.

Yeah I know, wishful thinking on my part.

drewlsu
12-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Good Luck Sinton, you're gonna need it...
WOS by 24

pirate4state
12-06-2014, 09:10 PM
I've never seen a Sinton game. Looking forward to seeing the team that the biggest female football fan in the state of Texas supports! :)
Well I just hope we can put on a good show. Looking forward to the week. All the jawing will come from fans of teams that have been ousted.

Leopardfan201
12-06-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm from LG and we lost too a great team WOS 2nd best to gilmer my opinion. Sinton will need too Play the perfect game this might end up like fairfield last year

SintonFan_inAustin
12-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Some highlights from Sinton/Yoakum game
http://www.kristv.com/videos/hs-football-playoffs-sinton-35-yoakum-21/

SintonFan_inAustin
12-06-2014, 09:29 PM
I'm from LG and we lost too a great team WOS 2nd best to gilmer my opinion. Sinton will need too Play the perfect game this might end up like fairfield last yearpassing game look pretty weak from La Grange

WOS1
12-06-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm from LG and we lost too a great team WOS 2nd best to gilmer my opinion. Sinton will need too Play the perfect game this might end up like fairfield last year
How can you make that assumption??? I guess Gilmer would have beat LG by 70 then? I would sure hate to see the Leps get beat worse than the brake job they got last night. Nice underhand compliment.

WOS1
12-06-2014, 09:37 PM
passing game look pretty weak from La Grange
LG pass was very weak. I tried telling them that there was a big difference between passing when everything works and passing when nothing else is working. They found that out the hard way last night.

From what I've seen so far from Sinton, the passing game will be formidable.

Rocket Man
12-07-2014, 01:36 AM
I think WOS wins this one. Great defense.

OandB
12-07-2014, 02:37 AM
Sinton's defense will be the downfall in this game. Sinton offense has bailed out their defense all year, especially in the playoffs

sinfan75
12-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Sinton's defense will be the downfall in this game. Sinton offense has bailed out their defense all year, especially in the playoffs
Against Port Isabel Sinton D allowed 1 score. The other 2 scores were via KO returns. Hondo scored one TD. Wimberley had a really good offense but the D made the stops when they needed to. That's why there was a 14 point difference at the end of the game. Yoakum scored twice with the 3rd score via INT. Your statement would,ve been a valid one earlier in the year, but not in the play-offs.

OandB
12-07-2014, 11:19 AM
Port Isabel is not a good team. Hondo not much better. Wimberley offense was ok, and it exploited the d. If it wasn't for the offense able to score at will and getting out to a large lead that game would have been different. I am saying that the offense will have to out score WOS. I do believe they can score on WOS but not at will like they have. Offense gets you to the big games and defense wins them for you. Defense is the downfall of allot of high shirring teams in HS lately. Seams like Texas high school football over all has sold out on scoring points and good defenses have taken a back seat. I don't see hard nose defense much any more and especially not good tackling skills

sinfan75
12-07-2014, 11:46 AM
I totally agree OandB. The goal of any team is to score more points than your opponent. If Sinton didn't have the offense they have they wouldn't even be in the play-offs. No matter how good your defense is, if you don't have a good offense, eventually it will catch up to ya. I also agree with you on the point that it seems like there is less emphasis on defense these days. But when you look at WOS and their defense maybe not. Most schools at the 4a level and lower just don't seem to have enough athletes on defense to combat a really good spread team. So I think that has a lot to do with the high scores these days. WOS is fortunate to have the athletes it has that can defend these spread teams. I mean look what happened to Southlake Carroll yesterday. 65 points against their D? That ain't happened all year to them.

OandB
12-07-2014, 11:58 AM
I am pulling for Sinton believe me. I just wish a team from our area would put tougher a hard nosed good tackling defence that could control a game and still have their offense. It is beer frustrating to me to see sloppy defensive play in the playoffs

pirate4state
12-07-2014, 12:10 PM
How they got here:

WOS 12-2

vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville 29-12 W
vs. Port-Neches Groves 33-27 W
vs. Jasper 34-7 W
vs. Silsbee 35-0 W
vs. Richmond Foster 14-17 L
vs. Newton 7-19 L
vs. Liberty 45-7 W
vs. Orangefield 42-14 W
vs. Hampshire-Fannett 47-21 W
vs. Hardin-Jefferson 42-21 W
vs. Scarborough 64-0 W
vs. Giddings 34-14 W
vs. La Marque 34-0 W
vs. La Grange 42-7 W

PF = 502 / 36 pt avg
PA = 166 / 12 pt avg

Sinton 11-3

vs. Tuloso-Midway 39-19 W
vs. Rockport-Fulton 53-65 L
vs. Rio Hondo 35-7 W
vs. Beeville 48-20 W
vs. La Vernia 20-40 L
vs. Raymondville 20-13 W
vs. Jourdanton 27-0 W
vs. Yoakum 40-46 L (OT)
vs. Cuero 41-26 W
vs. Ingleside 54-35 W
vs. Port Isabel 52-22 W
vs. Hondo 38-9 W
vs. Wimberley 56-41 W
vs. Yoakum 35-21 W

PF = 588 / 40 pt avg
PA = 364 / 26 pt avg

Speed, speed, speed. They have a ton of athletes on the field!!! With all the attention La Grange has gotten all year - I expected a better game and WOS defense made them look terrible. :eek: I'm not saying we are going to fare any better, but you also won't see the Sinton folks going on & on about how WOS doesn't know what's coming LOL

Back to film...carry on :nerd:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2014, 12:36 PM
How they got here:

WOS 12-2

vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville 29-12 W
vs. Port-Neches Groves 33-27 W
vs. Jasper 34-7 W
vs. Silsbee 35-0 W
vs. Richmond Foster 14-17 L
vs. Newton 7-19 L
vs. Liberty 45-7 W
vs. Orangefield 42-14 W
vs. Hampshire-Fannett 47-21 W
vs. Hardin-Jefferson 42-21 W
vs. Scarborough 64-0 W
vs. Giddings 34-14 W
vs. La Marque 34-0 W
vs. La Grange 42-7 W

PF = 502 / 36 pt avg
PA = 166 / 12 pt avg

Sinton 11-3

vs. Tuloso-Midway 39-19 W
vs. Rockport-Fulton 53-65 L
vs. Rio Hondo 35-7 W
vs. Beeville 48-20 W
vs. La Vernia 20-40 L
vs. Raymondville 20-13 W
vs. Jourdanton 27-0 W
vs. Yoakum 40-46 L (OT)
vs. Cuero 41-26 W
vs. Ingleside 54-35 W
vs. Port Isabel 52-22 W
vs. Hondo 38-9 W
vs. Wimberley 56-41 W
vs. Yoakum 35-21 W

PF = 588 / 40 pt avg
PA = 364 / 26 pt avg

Speed, speed, speed. They have a ton of athletes on the field!!! With all the attention La Grange has gotten all year - I expected a better game and WOS defense made them look terrible. :eek: I'm not saying we are going to fare any better, but you also won't see the Sinton folks going on & on about how WOS doesn't know what's coming LOL

Back to film...carry on :nerd:Just glad we finally get to play West Orange Stark. First time we faced Wimberley also so has been great this year Sinton has seen teams they've never played before.

Ranger354
12-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Gonna be an interesting game. I know Sinton isn't going to just roll over.

GATA Pirates

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Gonna be an interesting game. I know Sinton isn't going to just roll over.

GATA PiratesI agree, they didn't have a good showing in this round last season, majority of those players return so hopefully they're more prepared and execute.

WOS1
12-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Sinton was in the semifinal last yr?

sinfan75
12-07-2014, 02:59 PM
They were Fairfields practice squad for the Championship game. LOL

WOS1
12-07-2014, 04:28 PM
They were Fairfields practice squad for the Championship game. LOL
Was Sinton DI then because I thought LG won R4 last yr???

sinfan75
12-07-2014, 04:55 PM
D2 and La Grange was D1. they lost to Carthage in the R3 finals.

sinfan75
12-07-2014, 04:57 PM
Correction La Grange was D1 R4 and lost to Carthage in the semi's

lostaussie
12-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Have y'all got a stadium yet? Got to be some word by now.

sinfan75
12-07-2014, 06:24 PM
Should know tomorrow according to news reports. P4S might have some insight on that subject since she's more in the loop.

Ranger354
12-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Have y'all got a stadium yet? Got to be some word by now.

last word was NO word til Monday.......

toddg
12-07-2014, 06:34 PM
WOS doesn't know what's coming!!

Back to film...carry on :nerd:

WOW!!:1popcorn:

pirate4state
12-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Nice try toddg, but do you need help with reading comprehension?

pirate4state
12-07-2014, 06:37 PM
We will not know until tomorrow. :(

toddg
12-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Nice try toddg, but do you need help with reading comprehension? LOL! My comprehension in reading fades in and out on sundays...:D

WOS1
12-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Correction La Grange was D1 R4 and lost to Carthage in the semi's

That can't be right because we were DII and lost to Carthage in the region final. Sinton had to be DI.

lostaussie
12-07-2014, 07:10 PM
We will not know until tomorrow. :(

The game without a home:D

sinfan75
12-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Ya'll were D1 last year. LOL

WOS1
12-07-2014, 07:13 PM
The game without a home:D

IKR????? Whyyyyyyy must they keep us in suspense????

WOS1
12-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Ya'll were D1 last year. LOL

We were? WOW!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2014, 07:16 PM
That can't be right because we were DII and lost to Carthage in the region final. Sinton had to be DI.
Sinton was D2 last season, back to back region IV D2 titles.

La Grange was D1 last year.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2014, 07:18 PM
lol yea setexas forum members wants a venue now in their postings. Seems this was decided right away after Sinton game on Friday they will finalize the stadium location on Monday with no intention for it to be determine on Sat or Sun. So we have to all wait til Monday til they meet up again and finalize it.

WOS1
12-07-2014, 07:21 PM
lol yea setexas forum members wants a venue now in their postings. Seems this was decided right away after Sinton game on Friday they will finalize the stadium location on Monday with no intention for it to be determine on Sat or Sun. So we have to all wait til Monday til they meet up again and finalize it.

Yeah, SETX fans are used to knowing the night of... I'm hoping for U of H.

lostaussie
Nacadoches on Saturday at 2:00. That would be perfect for us:D

WOS1
Nacadoches on Saturday at 2:00. That would be perfect for us:D

LOL... That won't happen.

lostaussie
12-07-2014, 07:23 PM
LOL... That won't happen.

Wishful thinking!!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Nacadoches on Saturday at 2:00. That would be perfect for us:DIn Orange would be good for me lol on a Saturday. Cross over to Lake Charles before and after the game.

pirate4state
12-07-2014, 07:52 PM
My phone has NOT stopped ringing. I wish I knew, but neither coaches know yet !! LOL

But Reliant wants $40K to play there!?!?!?! While it would be a nice treat, it doesn't have the same feel. I'm just happy to still be playing! Just pick a damn place and let's GO!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2014, 07:56 PM
My phone has NOT stopped ringing. I wish I knew, but neither coaches know yet !! LOL

But Reliant wants $40K to play there!?!?!?! While it would be a nice treat, it doesn't have the same feel. I'm just happy to still be playing! Just pick a damn place and let's GO!if they could make it on a Saturday they would get some of that back with the amount of fans that then could attend. I know the short week stuff but also gives you a extra day to prepare for this game :)

pirate4state
12-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Quit trying to make Saturday happen. It's not gonna so just start accepting that now LOL

if they could make it on a Saturday they would get some of that back with the amount of fans that then could attend. I know the short week stuff but also gives you a extra day to prepare for this game :)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Quit trying to make Saturday happen. It's not gonna so just start accepting that now LOL
lol K going to wait til it's finalize and accept it's on a Friday

sinfan75
12-07-2014, 08:17 PM
I went to that SETEX site and some think the hold up is maybe Sinton is tryin to get the game played on a grass field to negate WOS speed. guess they don't know Sinton has artificial turf. LOL

pirate4state
12-07-2014, 08:42 PM
but then that would negate our speed too lmao ;)

I went to that SETEX site and some think the hold up is maybe Sinton is tryin to get the game played on a grass field to negate WOS speed. guess they don't know Sinton has artificial turf. LOL

AggiesAreWe
12-07-2014, 08:44 PM

WO-S was DI last year. Because Bridge City did not make playoffs, WO-S went DI along with Silsbee. HJ and Orangefield were the DII reps.

Remember, last year the DI and DII reps were not determined till end of season unlike now where you are in either a DI or DII district.

griff
12-07-2014, 08:47 PM

The WO-S head coach always prefers to play on turf. The WO-S fans and others may be thinking conspiracy because we've had a history with other coaches attempting similar measures. In fact, when we played HJ this year, they didn't mow the field and left the grass thick with hopes of helping their slow methodical slot T against the speedy Mustangs. Didn't matter. Speed kills running on a track or through the jungle. WO-S won by 21.

AggiesAreWe
12-07-2014, 08:48 PM

I would say that WO-S team speed is greater than Sinton's. Therefore any way of slowing those Mustangs down i.e. long grass surface, would be smart coaching.;)

WOS1
12-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Ya my memory ain't what it used to be

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2014, 09:04 PM
I would say that WO-S team speed is greater than Sinton's. Therefore any way of slowing those Mustangs down i.e. long grass surface, would be smart coaching.;)Sinton's home field is turf now for several years so they're more use to playing on turf. Doesn't matter to both would be my guess

pirate4state
12-07-2014, 09:40 PM
The WO-S head coach always prefers to play on turf. The WO-S fans and others may be thinking conspiracy because we've had a history with other coaches attempting similar measures. In fact, when we played HJ this year, they didn't mow the field and left the grass thick with hopes of helping their slow methodical slot T against the speedy Mustangs. Didn't matter. Speed kills running on a track or through the jungle. WO-S won by 21.

Hey Griff!! :wave: So does ours. I promise you we are not looking for a grass field.

pirate4state
12-07-2014, 09:42 PM
WOS1 - check your PMs

griff
12-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Rita, hopefully we can meet up with you and any/all Sinton posters at halftime. Take a photo for the archives.

pirate4state
12-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Would be great. Hopefully the site will allow for cross-overs. Do you guys still have post meals?

Rita, hopefully we can meet up with you and any/all Sinton posters at halftime. Take a photo for the archives.

Epicpirates
12-07-2014, 10:53 PM
I am pulling for Sinton believe me. I just wish a team from our area would put tougher a hard nosed good tackling defence that could control a game and still have their offense. It is beer frustrating to me to see sloppy defensive play in the playoffs

When the majority of your team plays on both sides of the ball, it can be a a challenge to keep a little spring in your step, however, the pirates have done well with several goal line stands. This game will no doubt be a challenge, playing teams from up North always is, but they always give their all. Here's praying for the safety of all players involved. Goooo big maroon!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2014, 11:10 PM
When the majority of your team plays on both sides of the ball, it can be a a challenge to keep a little spring in your step, however, the pirates have done well with several goal line stands. This game will no doubt be a challenge, playing teams from up North always is, but they always give their all. Here's praying for the safety of all players involved. Goooo big maroon!

http://freeteams.com/files_public/0/69/files//DSC00362(1).JPG

OandB
12-08-2014, 12:03 AM
WOS will have several players going both ways. When you have good athletes coaches aren't going to keep them on the sidelines

WOS92
12-08-2014, 06:54 AM
WO-S had half of the players that La Grange did, so players playing both ways is the norm. I'm excited about this game. Sinton will be tough! I feel like we have a good chance if we come out like we have the past two weeks. It's just so hard not to look ahead to THE FINALS when you're one step away - no matter WHO you're playing. That's not a slight against the Pirates. They've won four playoff games, and they clearly have a potent offense and plenty of tradition to back them. It will be hard for BOTH teams to keep from thinking about next week. I haven't posted on this site in a long, long time!

WOS1
12-08-2014, 07:37 AM
Yes WOS has several kids going both ways as well.

WOS1
12-08-2014, 08:15 AM

I'm just curious, where did you see this??? I'm a member of that board and have been on top of all of the WOS related topics and I have not seen that mentioned anywhere.

sinfan75
12-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Somebody just stated that maybe Sinton was looking for a field along the coast with grass to negate the WOS speed. Also stated that teams have not mowed their fields to try and slow WOS down.

griff
12-08-2014, 09:28 AM
Would be great. Hopefully the site will allow for cross-overs. Do you guys still have post meals?

After game meals...always. Even when we lose.

buff4ever
12-08-2014, 09:54 AM
Sinton has played some really good football this year, but this game will prove too much for Sinton. WOS holds Sinton under 20, for a semifinal win.

99IHSMustang
12-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Go Pirates!, WOS is going to be the strongest team Sinton has faced to date, but nothing like being the "underdog" where expectations for your team are not favorable.

WOS1
12-08-2014, 09:59 AM
After game meals...always. Even when we lose.

Ha, I believe P4S has been to a couple of those "after we lost" meals... I know one for sure after we lost to LaVega.

pirate4state
12-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Ha, I believe P4S has been to a couple of those "after we lost" meals... I know one for sure after we lost to LaVega.

Hoping to make another this year ;)

griff
12-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Hoping to make another this year ;)

Or we can come to yours. :2thumbsup

pirate4state
12-08-2014, 11:21 AM
HA! First we gotta find out where the hell we will be! Coach Allen is killing me!!!

Or we can come to yours. :2thumbsup

pirate4state
12-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Just got word. State Semi-Final Round: West Orange Stark vs. Sinton - Friday, December 12, 7:00 p.m. at Guy K. Traylor Stadium, Rosenberg, Texas.

WOS1
12-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Just got word. State Semi-Final Round: West Orange Stark vs. Sinton - Friday, December 12, 7:00 p.m. at Guy K. Traylor Stadium, Rosenberg, Texas.

Of all the places this COULD have been...:mad:

Oh well, I'm just thankful to be going to another game!

chaingang
12-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Of all the places this COULD have been...:mad:

Oh well, I'm just thankful to be going to another game!

I have never been to that Stadium. Interesting the stadium is on Mustang drive. :thumbsup: Finally get to see Sinton play. Win or lose you have our respect.

AggiesAreWe
12-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Traylor Stadium is a terrible venue for a state semifinal. Press box is ancient.

These two teams deserve a better facility for this game.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Traylor Stadium is a terrible venue for a state semifinal. Press box is ancient.

These two teams deserve a better facility for this game.

http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/ktrk/cms_exf_2007/news/Traylor-Stadium-2.jpg.jpg

chaingang
12-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Does anyone have the scoop on why this was agreed upon? Surely there are other stadiums available. No big deal just wondering.

pirate4state
12-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Does anyone have the scoop on why this was agreed upon? Surely there are other stadiums available. No big deal just wondering.

It's a fairly neutral site for both teams. The bigger, fancier places just weren't hosting was my understanding. I for one do not care where we play. I am happy to still be playing! Let's get it!

pirate4state
12-08-2014, 02:12 PM
I have never been to that Stadium. Interesting the stadium is on Mustang drive. :thumbsup: Finally get to see Sinton play. Win or lose you have our respect.

Me either or not that I can remember anyway. YAY!!! It's not fair that I've seen y'all at least 3X now and the ONE time y'all get to see Sinton is when we are playing each other!!! We respect our opponents - always, well unless it's Ingleside :devil: :D

chaingang
12-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Me either or not that I can remember anyway. YAY!!! It's not fair that I've seen y'all at least 3X now and the ONE time y'all get to see Sinton is when we are playing each other!!! We respect our opponents - always, well unless it's Ingleside :devil: :D

LOL! Yep, I was just thinking that the other day. I know you have sat by us on a few of our games over the years and we talked about Sinton. I never thought we would finally get to see yall by playing in a game that decideds who goes to JerryLand. I hope they let us meet up somehow.

WOS1
12-08-2014, 04:01 PM
http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/ktrk/cms_exf_2007/news/Traylor-Stadium-2.jpg.jpg

By the looks of it, meeting at the field shouldn't be a problem.

MUSTANG69
12-08-2014, 04:11 PM

I was pulling for Sinton in this game. I'm going to have to rethink that now. Either way Sinton sucks.

pirate4state
12-08-2014, 04:39 PM
I was pulling for Sinton in this game. I'm going to have to rethink that now. Either way Sinton sucks.
HAHA :kiss: Ingleside sucks way more.

MUSTANG69
12-08-2014, 05:45 PM
HAHA :kiss: Ingleside sucks way more.

Sweet talk from you works everytime. I'm going to pull for Sinton after all.

GobblersUnite
12-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Good luck to the Pirates and represent D15 the way it should be represented ....leave it all out on the field!

Roughneck93
12-08-2014, 09:17 PM

About 35 miles from me, hate that I have to miss....

Ranger354
12-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Port Isabel is not a good team. Hondo not much better. Wimberley offense was ok, and it exploited the d. If it wasn't for the offense able to score at will and getting out to a large lead that game would have been different. I am saying that the offense will have to out score WOS. I do believe they can score on WOS but not at will like they have. Offense gets you to the big games and defense wins them for you. Defense is the downfall of allot of high shirring teams in HS lately. Seams like Texas high school football over all has sold out on scoring points and good defenses have taken a back seat. I don't see hard nose defense much any more and especially not good tackling skills

Go to Youtube and search Sintonfootball2001. It is a bunch of highlights of the 2001 team. What a defense! I think the first team played was TM. Sinton had three or four speed guys back then that were CRAZY fast. Looked like a college team playing in the high school ranks. The last segment of the video is 4 of those boys running at the State Track meet that year as well. Crazy fast!

OandB
12-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Go to Youtube and search Sintonfootball2001. It is a bunch of highlights of the 2001 team. What a defense! I think the first team played was TM. Sinton had three or four speed guys back then that were CRAZY fast. Looked like a college team playing in the high school ranks. The last segment of the video is 4 of those boys running at the State Track meet that year as well. Crazy fast!
I will check that out. I hope their defense steps up. I really appreciate good hard hitting defense.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-08-2014, 10:46 PM
HAHA :kiss: Ingleside sucks way more.come on lol WOS is mustangs also show the same love for them.

Saggy Aggie
12-08-2014, 11:34 PM

Hell yeah... thats like 20 mins from me....

Epicpirates
12-09-2014, 12:05 AM
Yes WOS has several kids going both ways as well.

Yep...most 4a and smaller do. That's what makes these athletes so amazing. 6a schools have so many kids to choose from, but the smaller schools have to work with a handful of really talented players. Players who Coaches can place anywhere on the field and they will produce for you. Gotta love it! This is why I LOVE high school football. They play their hearts out for glory and pride, not a paycheck. Anything can happen on any given Friday! Go Pirates!

Ranger354
12-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Yep...most 4a and smaller do. That's what makes these athletes so amazing. 6a schools have so many kids to choose from, but the smaller schools have to work with a handful of really talented players. Players who Coaches can place anywhere on the field and they will produce for you. Gotta love it! This is why I LOVE high school football. They play their hearts out for glory and pride, not a paycheck. Anything can happen on any given Friday! Go Pirates!

Ditto :2thumbsup

chaingang
12-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Here ya go

http://www.kiiitv.com/story/27579789/sinton-pirates-eye-different-outcome-in-state-semis

pirate4state
12-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Hell yeah... thats like 20 mins from me....

You gonna come sit with us? :)

Our school sent out the following address 100 East Stadium Dr. that will lead you directly to the stadium entrance. Hope that helps some of you out.

Gontex
12-09-2014, 01:08 PM
Passing game was missing last year against Fairfield, Sinton passing game keeps them balance some lately in their 6 game win streak as Handson using all his wr and backs out of the backfield. Pretty sure will be tough to run on them if Sinton doesn't get the passing game going. We'll see how well Sinton offense will do, I do think we have some good wr also.

Passing game is really effective not only because Handson is a threat to run, but he has at least two fantastic receivers in Owens and Villareal.

GUNHO
12-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Ya know before the season begain we were confident about our chances of getting this far.Then we lost our starting qb that transfered over to Houston.That hurt but we had another that could step in.Then we lost him hours before the first game.These two were a big part of why we thought we were going to make some noise this year.In comes a soph. at qb.Well that confidense we had just went out the window and we were setting a lot lower goals for this team.14 games later that little soph qb has become one of the leaders of this WO-S team.The defense,offensive line and skilled position players all stepped up and gave this young kid the time he needed to play and learn.Never under estimate these young men who play this great game called football.

pirate4state
12-09-2014, 03:54 PM
What happened to #13?

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2014, 04:24 PM
You gonna come sit with us? :)

I can be bribed with nachos

pirate4state
12-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Okay and I'll throw in a rally towel ;)

Epicpirates
12-09-2014, 08:34 PM
That's great. That's exactly why I always say, you never know what star could be sitting on the sidelines.

Epicpirates
12-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Ya know before the season begain we were confident about our chances of getting this far.Then we lost our starting qb that transfered over to Houston.That hurt but we had another that could step in.Then we lost him hours before the first game.These two were a big part of why we thought we were going to make some noise this year.In comes a soph. at qb.Well that confidense we had just went out the window and we were setting a lot lower goals for this team.14 games later that little soph qb has become one of the leaders of this WO-S team.The defense,offensive line and skilled position players all stepped up and gave this young kid the time he needed to play and learn.Never under estimate these young men who play this great game called football.
That's great! That's exactly why I've always said, you never know what star is sitting on the sidelines waiting for his chance to shine!

sinfan75
12-09-2014, 10:30 PM
WOS fans! What is the overall average speed of your team in the 40yd dash. This means entire team!!

WOS1
12-09-2014, 11:31 PM

Gunho, you may have lowered your expectations... But the Mustangs never lowered their goals... Next man up!

WOS1
12-09-2014, 11:33 PM
WOS fans! What is the overall average speed of your team in the 40yd dash. This means entire team!!

Wow!!! I could not begin to tell you that one. All I will say is way faster than the average. :)

Celina8
12-10-2014, 05:40 AM
Wow!!! I could not begin to tell you that one. All I will say is way faster than the average. :)

Lets just say they have a great chance to add a State Track Title again to their trophy case. In other words 6A speed on a 4A team .

WOS92
12-10-2014, 06:55 AM

I'm working on this, but I have a question: Does this include coaches? What about trainers/cheerleaders? Band? If so, with or without instruments? Thanks!

GUNHO
12-10-2014, 08:46 AM
Gunho, you may have lowered your expectations... But the Mustangs never lowered their goals... Next man up!

Not talking about the team.The kids don't know the words can't do.It's us fans that are nervous.And it wasn't just me if you would be honest.

buckeyebob
12-10-2014, 09:31 AM

He is cheap...but cute

Slyone
12-10-2014, 11:38 AM
I am from the area here. just a heads up. Get to the stadium early. Traffic will not be good getting to the stadium and you will miss some of the game if you try to get there at 6:45. I would suggest getting there at least 40 minutes early. Good luck to both teams.

Saggy Aggie
12-10-2014, 01:54 PM
He is cheap...but cute

That's what I've heard

Bullaholic
12-10-2014, 02:07 PM
What's up with the "no cow bells" at this stadium, P4S?

pirate4state
12-10-2014, 02:51 PM
What's up with the "no cow bells" at this stadium, P4S?

I am so depressed...you don't even know :weeping:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Last week games for both

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP3WLMKukF0

SintonFan_inAustin
12-10-2014, 03:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjmpf7PHlIs

SintonFan_inAustin
12-10-2014, 03:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rMAig2cy0U

WOS1
12-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Not talking about the team.The kids don't know the words can't do.It's us fans that are nervous.And it wasn't just me if you would be honest.

Im always nervous... :2thumbsup

chaingang
12-11-2014, 08:09 AM
After a little stalking, I found the story of your never ending S. Pretty cool story. We also have a unique logo called the flying WOS and here is the story.

http://www.kogt.com/WOS%20flyingW.htm

SintonFan_inAustin
12-11-2014, 11:08 AM
After a little stalking, I found the story of your never ending S. Pretty cool story. We also have a unique logo called the flying WOS and here is the story.

Ahh thought it look familiar. Every time we go gambling in Vinton (we always call it Sinton) or Lake Charles we make one final stop in Orange at the Whataburger. We'll be heading that way after Sinton/WOS game for some gambling at Coushatta.

region4fan
12-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Good luck Sinton!!

chaingang
12-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Good deal. just be careful going through Beaumont. They are replacing the Neches river bridge so it goes from 3 lanes to 2. Keep your eyes open. lol

pirate4state
12-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Where did you find the story of our never ending S?

Funny story we were trying to get new shirts earlier this year (generic in nature) so you could wear it any season and our instructions to our LONG STANDING t-shirt company was "replace mascot logo with NES (which is short for never-ending S) well...what we got back was JUST that...instead of our symbol we got NES all over the shirt...it was hysterical. I laughed so long, I cried.

chaingang
12-11-2014, 02:09 PM

Funny story we were trying to get new shirts earlier this year (generic in nature) so you could wear it any season and our instructions to our LONG STANDING t-shirt company was "replace mascot logo with NES (which is short for never-ending S) well...what we got back was JUST that...instead of our symbol we got NES all over the shirt...it was hysterical. I laughed so long, I cried.

Bwahahaha! You have to be kidding me. Is the T-shirt company local? Surely they would know if they did. Anyways, I found the story along with the "Burning of the S" and many others on a website. Sintonpirates.com maybe? Or something like that. Let me look for it again. Its a nice website with nothing but your History and traditions. We need something like that.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-11-2014, 02:09 PM

its in
http://freeteams.com/sintonpirates/page.html?page=57

yes it was during my junior year and got some slick looking uni's also. It was more silver than maroon.

chaingang
12-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Ok, i looked. It is sintonpirates.com. Then hit the Sinton Sports tab.

pirate4state
12-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Bwahahaha! You have to be kidding me. Is the T-shirt company local? Surely they would know if they did. Anyways, I found the story along with the "Burning of the S" and many others on a website. Sintonpirates.com maybe? Or something like that. Let me look for it again. Its a nice website with nothing but your History and traditions. We need something like that.

They are NOT local, but they have been printing our shirts for years now :doh:

Oh okay -- yeah, that website is run by an alum...he does a really good job. He used to post on here maroonpirate04 I believe was his username

SintonFan_inAustin
12-11-2014, 02:17 PM

Funny story we were trying to get new shirts earlier this year (generic in nature) so you could wear it any season and our instructions to our LONG STANDING t-shirt company was "replace mascot logo with NES (which is short for never-ending S) well...what we got back was JUST that...instead of our symbol we got NES all over the shirt...it was hysterical. I laughed so long, I cried.hoping this logo with get done few years ago

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=883&d=1418325350

pirate4state
12-11-2014, 02:22 PM
We did that one playoff year and got scolded by the original designer for ripping him off LOL

It wasn't an EXACT replica of his shirt - it was improved. Let me see if I can find it.

hoping this logo with get done few years ago

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=883&d=1418325350

SintonFan_inAustin
12-11-2014, 02:23 PM
We did that one playoff year and got scolded by the original designer for ripping him off LOL

It wasn't an EXACT replica of his shirt - it was improved. Let me see if I can find it.yea I mention it was from a playoff shirt early 2000s

WOS1
12-11-2014, 07:02 PM
Ahh thought it look familiar. Every time we go gambling in Vinton (we always call it Sinton) or Lake Charles we make one final stop in Orange at the Whataburger. We'll be heading that way after Sinton/WOS game for some gambling at Coushatta.

Ha! I live a mile from that Whataburger.

Ranger354
12-12-2014, 05:12 AM
Game Day!!!
Go Big Maroon!!!

Safe travels everyone!!

WOS1
12-12-2014, 07:20 AM
P4S, you still got my number?

GUNHO
12-12-2014, 08:38 AM
Game day.
LETS GO MEET EM. Go Mustangs

99IHSMustang
12-12-2014, 09:04 AM
Game Day!!!
Go Big Maroon!!!

Safe travels everyone!!

:2thumbsup I will be listening and rooting for you guys tonight.

Pudlugger
12-12-2014, 09:14 AM
Well now that it;s game day I figure I better weigh in. The Mustangs manhandled the Leps pretty badly last week. I think their defense will hold the Pirates to less than 21 even though theuy have a potent passing game. That is because the pass rush and tight coverage will make it difficult for the Sinton qb to connect. I'll take WOS by 21. May everyone travel safe and no injuries please.

chaingang
12-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Anyone know how much the tickets at the gate are tonight? Need to see if i need to go to the ATM.

chaingang
12-12-2014, 04:10 PM
NM. Just received a text. They are $10.

MustangFootball
12-12-2014, 06:49 PM
The only time I'll root for a Pirate over a Mustang!!!!

GO SINTON PIRATES!!!!!!! We are all rooting for you guys.

44INAROW
12-12-2014, 08:48 PM
We are listening on the KOGT site.. These guys are good announcers. My IPad isn't cooperating and won't load the KMAC station... Headed to the other room to listen to the Gilmer/Celina game.......

14-14. Sinton just recd KO. Deep in their own territory. Close to a 1st.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SintonFan
12-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Go Pirates!!!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Go Pirates!!!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:need to come up with the catches. Ball is there for big plays. Sinton can come out and score and tie it up its going be a shoot out.

GS#17
12-12-2014, 10:26 PM
WOS up 42-21 with less than 4:00 left.

YTBulldogs
12-12-2014, 10:39 PM
Great season Sinton. Proud of ya'll and you represented D15 and R4 very well.

Pudlugger
12-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Congratulations to the Mustangs who lite up the scoreboard in the 4th to win going away. Sinton Pirates hung in all the way to the 4th and played a great game. Good luck to WOS next week playing Gilmer in the State Championship game.

YTBulldogs
12-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Congratulations to the Mustangs who lite up the scoreboard in the 4th to win going away. Sinton Pirates hung in all the way to the 4th and played a great game. Good luck to WOS next week playing Gilmer in the State Championship game.

I'm excited to see this Gilmer team in person next week. Can't wait.

SintonFan
12-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Awesome season Sinton Pirates! We are proud of you! We know you will come back strong next year!!:2thumbsup
Congratulations WOS! Go get that state title next week! :)

44INAROW
12-12-2014, 11:15 PM
Great season Sinton. Proud of ya'll and you represented D15 and R4 very well.

Totally agree. Congrats on a great season Pirates👏👏.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bobcat1
12-12-2014, 11:27 PM
Awesome Season Sinton! Congrats WOS! Good luck next week against a juggernaut named Gilmer!

spirate_9
12-12-2014, 11:48 PM
Great season, Pirates. The game was a lot closer than the final score reflects. Sinton did a good job containing WOS' speed. Thompson's punt return in the 4th was the difference maker.

99IHSMustang
12-13-2014, 12:02 AM
Congrats on a great season Sinton. You guys fought hard and just came up short in the 4th.

pirate4state
12-13-2014, 01:32 AM
That was tough. I am so PROUD of my Pirates. Not many people gave us a shot in this game and we showed up and showed them we belong. We had to be perfect and that insane punt return was a heartbreaker. Huge congratulations to WOS and their fans. Good luck next week.

To my Pirates thank you for another incredible season. I know you are hurting, but hold your head high...you have done yourself PROUD. To our seniors we will miss you so much. Go out and use the lessons you learned as a Pirate and continue to be great men!

GobblersUnite
12-13-2014, 01:32 AM
Congratulations Sinton on a strong run...fought till the end.

WOS1
12-13-2014, 01:40 AM
Much respect to those Pirates. I knew they were going to be tough and they didn't disappoint. Handson is a gamer. Good luck next season. You did your town proud!!!

griff
12-13-2014, 02:08 AM
Sinton was a worthy opponent. Your QB is the best we've faced all year. Kudos to the Pirates for making this a closer game than many expected. When Sinton got the ball first in the 3rd quarter and WO-S held them to 4th down, that could have been the beginning of the end for the Pirates. I thought is we stopped your team there, it was over. But, the fake punt for a first down kept the game alive. I admire your coach for going all out to win this game. The game really wasn't decided until the 4th quarter and that's a credit to how well Sinton played.

Good to see you tonight, p4s. Thanks for your good sportsmanship and making friends with your opponent's fans. 'Hope we'll see you in Dallas Friday.

Epicpirates
12-13-2014, 03:14 AM
Going in as the underdog made us all the more proud to see our boys holding their own into the 4th quarter. To see WOS playing from behind early on, had to be a shocker to their fans. You proved once again, that there's no substitution for playing with the heart of a Pirate--passion for the game and commitment! Time to start thinking about a threepeat!!! :thumbsup:

pirate4state
12-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Thanks griff & WOS1 I'll be there next week.
It sucks waking up knowing you were so close and now it's all over.

1st and goal
12-13-2014, 09:36 AM
That was tough. I am so PROUD of my Pirates. Not many people gave us a shot in this game and we showed up and showed them we belong. We had to be perfect and that insane punt return was a heartbreaker. Huge congratulations to WOS and their fans. Good luck next week.

To my Pirates thank you for another incredible season. I know you are hurting, but hold your head high...you have done yourself PROUD. To our seniors we will miss you so much. Go out and use the lessons you learned as a Pirate and continue to be great men!

What she said. Congrats to both teams for giving it all on the field.

chaingang
12-13-2014, 09:40 AM
We have felt that feeling many times! Congrats to Sinton. Yall were everything hyped up to be!

Los Owls
12-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Great job SINTON...Ya'll HAD A GREAT TEAM...Nothing to be ashamed of...Good luck WOS next week...

Bullaholic
12-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Congrats to WOS for a great win, and best of luck in the SC game. Congrats to Sinton---what a ride you folks had---and I'm glad that you made it to the semis---that is a lot of which to be proud. Wish you could watch the Pirates at AT&T next week, P4S---but don't give up--I bet you will get another chance if most of that Pirate offense returns.

WOS1
12-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Thanks griff & WOS1 I'll be there next week.
It sucks waking up knowing you were so close and now it's all over.

Don't think I don't identify with you, sister. Been there to many times to count.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-13-2014, 11:59 PM
Great game and season Pirates. Congrats to seniors, yall made us fans proud of the years and effort put into being one of the best Sinton teams.

This game for Sinton resemble a lot like the La Vernia game.

Good luck in state title game WOS.

Ranger354
12-16-2014, 01:47 PM
As we loaded the truck Friday night we just happened to end up with what seemed like most of the WOS fans around us walking back to their cars to leave. As I congratulated each of them on a great game I got the feeling they felt like they just dodged a bullet. All though the score did not show it at the end, these Sinton boys were still in it until the very end. All the folks were nice from WOS and the people hosting the stadium as well.

Some one in an earlier post about another Sinton game called me Arrogant.... I don't want to sound Arrogant, but I hope to see all you folks next year....

GUNHO
12-16-2014, 03:10 PM
As we loaded the truck Friday night we just happened to end up with what seemed like most of the WOS fans around us walking back to their cars to leave. As I congratulated each of them on a great game I got the feeling they felt like they just dodged a bullet. All though the score did not show it at the end, these Sinton boys were still in it until the very end. All the folks were nice from WOS and the people hosting the stadium as well.

Some one in an earlier post about another Sinton game called me Arrogant.... I don't want to sound Arrogant, but I hope to see all you folks next year....

The score does not reflect how close this game was.Dodged a bullet...I think that would be correct.

sinfan75
12-16-2014, 08:20 PM
Best way to show off speed in a football game is special teams and WOS had that in spades. That was a very well played game by both team. I'll be rootin for the Mustangs come Thursday. Good luck and as my niece always says..." Hit Em In The Mouth"!! LOl