PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs Gilmer!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Celina8
12-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Celina faces a huge challenge againts the number 1 team in DII this next Friday. The Bobcats cannot get into a track meet with the Buckeyes and will need an outstanding defensive game I think to give us a chance for victory. Gilmer I am sure will be favored by two or more TD's as they seem to be rolling through opponents like Gen Norman Schwarzkopf in the Persian Gulf War. Good luck Bobcats very proud of you this year!

Aggie98
12-06-2014, 10:31 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/077/082/Rape-Ewok-PREPARE-YOUR-ANUS.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celina8
12-06-2014, 11:07 AM
I can see Gilmer is getting all the votes which I will be honest I think they would be my choice too and I am a Celina Homer. Yet , I want pick any team to win just because they are my team. I will always be honest and choose who I really and truely think in my opinion is the better team. I think Celina much like Henderson two years ago will be close the first half but I think Gilmer will just wear us down in the second half and pull away. The Celina Defense is good but not dominant and for us to win this game we need a dominant Defense.

lostaussie
12-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Do we know location, time and home team yet?

d0tc0m
12-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Do we know location, time and home team yet?

Everything I've read is still saying 7:30 pm Friday at Royse City.

Aesculus gilmus
12-06-2014, 11:22 AM
The guys from KYKX interviewed Coach Traylor after the game. What I took from that interview is that he's concerned that if Gilmer's the visiting team there won't be enough room for our fans at Royse City ISD Stadium. If he wins the toss or whatever and gets the home side, I think it'll definitely still be in Royse City at 7:30 p.m. Friday, as was more or less agreed upon beforehand.

lostaussie
12-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Nice stadium.....just not big enough to hold Buckeye faithful

orange machine
12-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Everything I've read is still saying 7:30 pm Friday at Royse City.

If Celina runs the 10-1 and db's press the receivers Celina for a lack of better words is screwed. It didn't work against DF, it didn't work against, Carthage and it didn't work against Henderson. Last night against Sweetwater the slant was open all night because nobody was in the throwing lanes.

Gilmer is going to score no doubt, but you can't give up the big plays, you have to make them earn it.

Offensively will see if the Celina coaches pick up some things Gilmer does on defense that's stupid that if exploited Celina and Nathan could have a huge night. Question is will the coaches see it and if so will they stick with it.

d0tc0m
12-06-2014, 11:50 AM
To say that Celina is up against it this week is an understatement. Call it naivety, ignorance or whatever you want to call it, but after watching Gilmer's highlights from every game this season, I truly think this year's group could hang with the Allen's and SLC's of the world. They may not win, but they'd still put up a lot of points. The Bobcats are going to be at least a two TD underdog this week, and realistically, it should probably be closer to three. That's not a knock on my Bobcats, it's just a firm grasp on what this Gilmer team has put together this season. This might be the best Buckeye team of all time.

Now, to this game itself. The thing that is so scary about the Buckeyes is not only the tremendous amount of speed and athleticism, but the sheer amount of weapons they have. You can't scheme to stop one player. You can't scheme for Lynch, because Boyd can beat you. You can't scheme for just Boyd, because then Lynch and Tate can beat you, or Smith, or Fluellen. Just so many weapons, you literally have to pick a poison. You can't play them man-to-man. But if you go to a 2-high safety, you open lanes for Boyd. If you put guys in the box, you open space for those receivers. And even in a zone, the thing you'll notice is Gilmer's receivers do a fantastic job of finding the soft spots and just sitting down and waiting for Carter to find them. If your defensive line can create disruption and get to the QB - which, I believe Celina's can - then they can kill you with screens and draws. The Buckeyes are an ABSOLUTE matchup NIGHTMARE on paper and in reality. Celina has great athletes and pretty good speed. But they don't have Gilmer speed. And, as someone said on that Buckeyes/Atlanta thread, you just absolutely can't come into this game thinking you can 'Out Gilmer Gilmer' -- just not going to happen.

Now, Celina has been the underdog before. Hell, they've been a lot less athletic than the other team before. They've been outmanned and outmatched and have still come out on top in big games. It's been a few years since that has happened. But getting a win over a VERY good Sweetwater team last night was exactly what Celina needed. The Bobcats needed to be reminded that they can win big games against big-time teams. I'm not saying the Mustangs are on the same level as the Buckeyes, but, at the same time, I don't think you can undervalue what last night's game did to help Celina prepare for defending a monster spread team. I'm hoping the coaches realized some things they did really well, and some things that they absolutely have to shore up to even have a chance next Friday.

I think it's easy to say Celina can't give up the big plays to Gilmer, and that's true, but it won't be easy. You have to keep everything in front of you and be able to tackle in space. The Bobcats are going to have to keep outside contain as well, because if Gilmer gets the edge, they're gone. If you can bottle them up at the point of attack, though, you have a chance.

The other thing is the Bobcats can't turn the ball over. As soon as Atlanta threw the first-quarter INT last night, it was over. That was it. That's how good Gilmer is. One turnover could be the difference - and that's just if you are able to go blow-for-blow with the Buckeyes. Ball security will be paramount. And the flip side of that is, if you are able to create a turnover against the Buckeyes offense - which hasn't been easy this year - then you absolutely have to turn it into points. And by points, I of course mean a TD. Celina won't be able to afford creating a turnover and not capitalizing on it this week. Every single snap will be crucial.

Gilmer is the heavy favorite, and for very good reason. But I'm proud of my Bobcats, and after a statement win last night - mainly for our own sake - I think the confidence is there to get the job done. Gilmer is the better team by far, and you can't argue that. But Celina only has to be 1 point better for one night, for 48 minutes, and that's all people will remember.

Saggy Aggie
12-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Gilmer by 28, more if they want it

Wonkas_Willy
12-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Celina falls and falls hard in this one... Wont be pretty, LEGENDS are gone and so is the mystique . Not pulling for Gomer at all in this one as I can't stand East Tx Teams but the yuckeyes take this one with ease

pirate4state
12-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Go buckeyes!!!!

d0tc0m
12-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Celina falls and falls hard in this one... Wont be pretty, LEGENDS are gone and so is the mystique . Not pulling for Gomer at all in this one as I can't stand East Tx Teams but the yuckeyes take this one with ease

We gotta work on getting you some new material, man. It's starting to come off as just laziness more than bitterness now.

toddg
12-06-2014, 12:19 PM
its going to come down to coaching. bottom line!

orange machine
12-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Listen to what i'm saying powers that be on defense.

The 10-1 will not work against this team.

Bringing blitzes will not work against this team, you will take your linebackers away from the passing lanes and get beat every time stay home guard the run and passing lanes.

Don't fly up the field with your d linemen and defense ends stay home.

Keep every thing in front of you.

4-3 defense is your best friend this week!!!!

Don't get mad at me for this it's the truth please listen.

bobcat1
12-06-2014, 01:19 PM
I want my Bobcats to win but I in reality see Gilmer winning this game. I will root to the end for Celina irregardless. So prove me wrong Bobcats!

Dawgs
12-06-2014, 01:25 PM
its going to come down to coaching. bottom line!

Well then Celina is in big BIG trouble. Traylor is the biggest crybaby I have ever seen, and I personally don't like his style, but he is as good of a coach as there is at any level. He will not be out schemed, and he is fearless. He has an awesome staff, and one of the best OC in the state. Not taking anything away from Celina's coach, but I think the results speak for themselves.

gatordaze
12-06-2014, 02:38 PM
It will come down to ball control and stopping the slant. Celina must pound the rock and have linebackers spy the slant. Gladewater showed everyone the formula. Celina has the advantage on the oline and has a stable up running backs. Celina gave up 3-4 big pass plays and far too many slants. Boyd is much better than #3 from Sweetwater and Celina will need help to shut him down.

lostaussie
12-06-2014, 02:52 PM
It will come down to ball control and stopping the slant. Celina must pound the rock and have linebackers spy the slant. Gladewater showed everyone the formula. Celina has the advantage on the oline and has a stable up running backs. Celina gave up 3-4 big pass plays and far too many slants. Boyd is much better than #3 from Sweetwater and Celina will need help to shut him down.

Who's slants you gonna stop.....we don't ever run slants???

Leopardfan201
12-06-2014, 02:53 PM
Give me gilmer by 34

lostaussie
12-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Give me gilmer by 34

Doubtful

gatordaze
12-06-2014, 03:03 PM

Your will after your watch the Sweetwater film! Biggest weakness Celina has.

lostaussie
12-06-2014, 03:08 PM
I have been told nothing is confirmed and we probably ARE NOT PLAYING in Royse City. Hopefully we get this figured out

Wonkas_Willy
12-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Its not "material" as you say, it is the truth... I hope Selina wins but they probably wont. I would sacrifice a TD or two early to try and really really hit their QB HARD.....REAL HARD!!!! Make the kid not want to play football...Nothing durty just good hard nosed football

bearbear78
12-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Its not "material" as you say, it is the truth... I hope Selina wins but they probably wont. I would sacrifice a TD or two early to try and really really hit their QB HARD.....REAL HARD!!!! Make the kid not want to play football...Nothing durty just good hard nosed football
Youre retarded,,,,,,,,troll

lostaussie
12-06-2014, 03:25 PM

Complete douche

d0tc0m
12-06-2014, 03:44 PM

I doubt at any point in Celina's preparation that the coaching staff will entertain the idea of giving Gilmer a TD just to send a message.

marler1972
12-06-2014, 03:52 PM
I doubt at any point in Celina's preparation that the coaching staff will entertain the idea of giving Gilmer a TD just to send a message.

he is just a turd

regaleagle
12-06-2014, 04:12 PM

Nope, it sure ain't.....it's the slip screen that Celina better beware of. Nobody does it better than Gilmer....lots of practice on that play, haha. And lots of points, too!

ronwx5x
12-06-2014, 04:13 PM
he is just a turdAnd will continue to be as long as he gets attention. Ignore him and he will go away.

lostaussie
12-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Nope, it sure ain't.....it's the slip screen that Celina better beware of. Nobody does it better than Gilmer....lots of practice on that play, haha. And lots of points, too!

That's the one:D

orange machine
12-06-2014, 04:29 PM
I'm gonna say this all week long.

If Celina runs 10-1, presses the receivers, blitzes the linebackers and d line rush up field Gilmer will hang 70 on Celina. It is so obvious that you cannot do that against this team. If Celina does this it's football suicide, I repeat football suicide.

orange machine
12-06-2014, 04:32 PM
People around town need to post signs every where saying don't run the 10-1, don't blitz, don't play press coverage and don't penetrate your d line up field stay home.

poisoned10
12-06-2014, 04:37 PM
To say that Celina is up against it this week is an understatement. Call it naivety, ignorance or whatever you want to call it, but after watching Gilmer's highlights from every game this season, I truly think this year's group could hang with the Allen's and SLC's of the world. They may not win, but they'd still put up a lot of points. The Bobcats are going to be at least a two TD underdog this week, and realistically, it should probably be closer to three. That's not a knock on my Bobcats, it's just a firm grasp on what this Gilmer team has put together this season. This might be the best Buckeye team of all time.

Now, to this game itself. The thing that is so scary about the Buckeyes is not only the tremendous amount of speed and athleticism, but the sheer amount of weapons they have. You can't scheme to stop one player. You can't scheme for Lynch, because Boyd can beat you. You can't scheme for just Boyd, because then Lynch and Tate can beat you, or Smith, or Fluellen. Just so many weapons, you literally have to pick a poison. You can't play them man-to-man. But if you go to a 2-high safety, you open lanes for Boyd. If you put guys in the box, you open space for those receivers. And even in a zone, the thing you'll notice is Gilmer's receivers do a fantastic job of finding the soft spots and just sitting down and waiting for Carter to find them. If your defensive line can create disruption and get to the QB - which, I believe Celina's can - then they can kill you with screens and draws. The Buckeyes are an ABSOLUTE matchup NIGHTMARE on paper and in reality. Celina has great athletes and pretty good speed. But they don't have Gilmer speed. And, as someone said on that Buckeyes/Atlanta thread, you just absolutely can't come into this game thinking you can 'Out Gilmer Gilmer' -- just not going to happen.

Now, Celina has been the underdog before. Hell, they've been a lot less athletic than the other team before. They've been outmanned and outmatched and have still come out on top in big games. It's been a few years since that has happened. But getting a win over a VERY good Sweetwater team last night was exactly what Celina needed. The Bobcats needed to be reminded that they can win big games against big-time teams. I'm not saying the Mustangs are on the same level as the Buckeyes, but, at the same time, I don't think you can undervalue what last night's game did to help Celina prepare for defending a monster spread team. I'm hoping the coaches realized some things they did really well, and some things that they absolutely have to shore up to even have a chance next Friday.

I think it's easy to say Celina can't give up the big plays to Gilmer, and that's true, but it won't be easy. You have to keep everything in front of you and be able to tackle in space. The Bobcats are going to have to keep outside contain as well, because if Gilmer gets the edge, they're gone. If you can bottle them up at the point of attack, though, you have a chance.

The other thing is the Bobcats can't turn the ball over. As soon as Atlanta threw the first-quarter INT last night, it was over. That was it. That's how good Gilmer is. One turnover could be the difference - and that's just if you are able to go blow-for-blow with the Buckeyes. Ball security will be paramount. And the flip side of that is, if you are able to create a turnover against the Buckeyes offense - which hasn't been easy this year - then you absolutely have to turn it into points. And by points, I of course mean a TD. Celina won't be able to afford creating a turnover and not capitalizing on it this week. Every single snap will be crucial.

Gilmer is the heavy favorite, and for very good reason. But I'm proud of my Bobcats, and after a statement win last night - mainly for our own sake - I think the confidence is there to get the job done. Gilmer is the better team by far, and you can't argue that. But Celina only has to be 1 point better for one night, for 48 minutes, and that's all people will remember.

Nice try!

We're not falling for that 'reverse psychology', you guys are way better than us, we don't stand a chance jazz. Celina is a VERY good team and is more than capable of beating Gilmer. I don't know what the Gilmer vs. Celina series record is. I only remember the game in 2003 in Richardson, which Gilmer won, 45-22. I'm looking forward to a very tough and very fun game between 2 of the most storied programs in 4A.

DEZign8
Go Buckeyes!

marler1972
12-06-2014, 04:41 PM
SMU Friday night 7:30 Gilmer home team.

poisoned10
12-06-2014, 04:44 PM

Just saw this on Jeff's Twitter and was about to post it. You beat me to it.

I'm glad it's not at Royce City.

orange machine
12-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Nice try!

We're not falling for that 'reverse psychology', you guys are way better than us, we don't stand a chance jazz. Celina is a VERY good team and is more than capable of beating Gilmer. I don't know what the Gilmer vs. Celina series record is. I only remember the game in 2003 in Richardson, which Gilmer won, 45-22. I'm looking forward to a very tough and very fun game between 2 of the most storied programs in 4A.

DEZign8
Go Buckeyes!

It's not reverse psychology if Celina runs the 10-1 against yall the game will get out of hand fast. The kids were able to overcome a lot last night, but they have to be given the best chance to beat yall and the 10-1 press is suicide.

orange machine
12-06-2014, 04:45 PM

Well that sucks!

lostaussie
12-06-2014, 04:53 PM
Well that sucks!

No.really is doesn't. Royse City was not working for us. My fat a$$ has been cramped the last 2 weeks. Give me some breathing room!!

waterboy
12-06-2014, 04:54 PM

Yep. Dang! I was hoping to avoid the metromess. Royse City is much closer to both schools, and has enough room to accommodate, despite what the capacity says it'll hold. Now, I will have to leave work about three hours early just to get there in time.

I don't know why you Celina fans are saying what you're saying, but I don't think you're "totally" correct. A little reverse psychology, maybe? Yes, Gilmer will be able to run some plays that could be scores on any given play, BUT Celina has a HUGE O-line and can pound the rock. I look for the Bobcats to pound the rock, mix in some PA passing to keep drives alive. This will limit Gilmer's possessions, and keep the game a lot closer if they can do it.

It's an honor to be playing such a storied program, and may the best team win. I also want the winner of this one to win state, no matter which team it is.

toddg
12-06-2014, 05:03 PM
nice Dallas traffic on a friday night

orange machine
Yep. Dang! I was hoping to avoid the metromess. Royse City is much closer to both schools, and has enough room to accommodate, despite what the capacity says it'll hold. Now, I will have to leave work about three hours early just to get there in time.

I don't know why you Celina fans are saying what you're saying, but I don't think you're "totally" correct. A little reverse psychology, maybe? Yes, Gilmer will be able to run some plays that could be scores on any given play, BUT Celina has a HUGE O-line and can pound the rock. I look for the Bobcats to pound the rock, mix in some PA passing to keep drives alive. This will limit Gilmer's possessions, and keep the game a lot closer if they can do it.

It's an honor to be playing such a storied program, and may the best team win. I also want the winner of this one to win state, no matter which team it is.

It's not the offense that concerns me it's the defense. I have no doubt celina could line up and run full house all night long and score points. The 10-1 is high risk high reward and when playing teams with great speed DF, Carthage and Henderson it does not work. The DC must change this must, must, must change it.

ynot
Gilmer is the most dominate team in 4a big or small school and should come into this game knowing that they have this one in the Bag! Great Team and they also are playing with a purpose Dezmond #8 , Their Coach one of the top paid coaches in the state of TX, his staff they have been solid all year too! Who should beat them nobody who will beat them nobody, can somebody beat them sure Gladwater proved they could if not for some really stupid decisions from the sideline late in the game Celina is lining up against Gladwater this week but their not it's the mighty buckeyes. Gilmer you are the most dominate please take it easy on Celina!!!!!

gatordaze
12-06-2014, 05:08 PM
My bad... I did not get the memo. Gilmer rolls!

poisoned10
12-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Apparently everyone has forgotten just how weak Gilmer's schedule is this season.

Celina will finally show Gilmer how a real team plays foosball and sends them Suckeyes back for some round ball.

orange machine
12-06-2014, 05:21 PM
Apparently everyone has forgotten just how weak Gilmer's schedule is this season.

Celina will finally show Gilmer how a real team plays foosball and sends them Suckeyes back for some round ball.

Nice try at getting us roped into something lol.:lies:

poisoned10
12-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Nice try at getting us roped into something lol.:lies:

Just saying what everyone is thinking.

orange machine
12-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Just saying what everyone is thinking.

I'm not sure to many Celina people have said that.

Celina8
12-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Gilmer can match Celina in terms of being a physical team where as Celina does it on offense the Buckeyes do it on both offense and defense. It is not like Gilmer will be facing a big offensive line for the first time this season. No they have done that, been there same story as Argyle nothing new to see. Celina struggles on defense when you put us against a team with a sprinkle of speed and good offensive line aka Bishop Lynch (killed us) and Sweetwater just a breath away from sending us to the basketball court. The difference between these schools and Gilmer is that Gilmer brings a Dump Truck load of speed not sprinkles plus they are big enought and strong enought to match any size advantage that Celina might have. I fear this game could be very much like La Grange and WOS.

orange machine
12-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Gilmer can match Celina in terms of being a physical team where as Celina does it on offense the Buckeyes do it on both offense and defense. It is not like Gilmer will be facing a big offensive line for the first time this season. No they have done that, been there same story as Argyle nothing new to see. Celina struggles on defense when you put us against a team with a sprinkle of speed and good offensive line aka Bishop Lynch (killed us) and Sweetwater just a breath away from sending us to the basketball court. The difference between these schools and Gilmer is that Gilmer brings a Dump Truck load of speed not sprinkles plus they are big enought and strong enought to match any size advantage that Celina might have. I fear this game could be very much like La Grange and WOS.

Again I'm not worried about the offense, it's the defense Celina runs which is ok against teams that don't have a ton of speed. Last night is a great indicator of what speed does to that defense. Scary thing is Sweetwaters receivers were 5'6 140 pounds fast. Gilmer's are over 6'0 and fast and way more of them.

lostaussie
12-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Personally I'm gonna try to stay out of the garbage this week.......the reason why is because I used to FREAKING HATE THEM. My years of experience have taught me to respect them. A storied program that we wished we could emulate. To some degree we have.....but 8 state titles to 2 is all you need to say. Not saying I'm turning this into a love fest by any means. I hope we roll them. But in the end I'm glad it's Celina. Proud town, proud tradition and I'm proud we get to play you guys.

marler1972
12-06-2014, 05:44 PM
You know what I get tired of ? It is the Celina fans that are already saying we are going to get throttled. Play the damn GAME FIRST. I seem to remember being the underdog against a Mart team well what happen in that game?

toddg
12-06-2014, 06:04 PM
You know what I get tired of ? It is the Celina fans that are already saying we are going to get throttled. Play the damn GAME FIRST. I seem to remember being the underdog against a Mart team well what happen in that game? might need to score more than 21 points in this one, but you are right!!

bobcat1
12-06-2014, 06:31 PM
You know what I get tired of ? It is the Celina fans that are already saying we are going to get throttled. Play the damn GAME FIRST. I seem to remember being the underdog against a Mart team well what happen in that game?
I'm a fan and I will always root for Celina. I said earlier in this thread I see Gilmer winning this game but I want Celina to win and hope they prove me wrong. Your kid plays awesome and I hope he has a game winning catch this week!

movethechain
12-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Did Craig James have anything to do with the stadium change? Woops, did that just slip out. Sorry, just couldn't stop myself. :spitlol:

lostaussie
12-06-2014, 06:37 PM
I will be rooting for someone in wearing Orange on the 19th

lostaussie
12-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Did Craig James have anything to do with the stadium change? Woops, did that just slip out. Sorry, just couldn't stop myself. :spitlol:

I'm all for the stadium change

Celina8
12-06-2014, 06:46 PM

Well, tell us why you think we will win. Tell me where where our match ups are better and what are the weaknesses that you see in Gilmer that you think Celina will exploit. I want Celina to win this game, but when I look at th two teams I see a Gilmer team with both a strong offense and a strong defense. I see Celina with a strong offense , but just an average defense.

Aesculus gilmus
12-06-2014, 06:48 PM

Craig James said he might have to kill five more hookers if they didn't move this game. That's what I heard anyhow. I hear Mike Leach's voice in my head sometimes. I used to be a Texas Tech tee shirt fan and I still miss the Pirate.

orange machine
12-06-2014, 07:16 PM
I want Celina to win as bad as the next man, but I'm a realist also and the real side of me says if Celina runs the 10-1 they will never stop Gilmer's offense.

toddg
12-06-2014, 07:28 PM
I want Celina to win as bad as the next man, but I'm a realist also and the real side of me says if Celina runs the 10-1 they will never stop Gilmer's offense.
10-4 good buddy

gatordaze
12-06-2014, 08:19 PM
10-4 good buddy

I would love to run a 10-4. Those extra 3 guys should do it!

buckeyebob
12-06-2014, 08:35 PM

Their defense will try to get the slant on the Buckeyes as they run by them...only slant I know

buckeyebob
12-06-2014, 08:37 PM

We will be more than happy to take it

buckeyebob
12-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Well that sucks!

I would say that Gilmer would overload Royse City by themselves...we come early with lots of people, clean out the snack bar & are very loud...the Bux play pretty good ball too

buckeyebob
12-06-2014, 08:44 PM

What is this...you smoking that weed again?

Aja
12-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Gilmer by 30.

orange machine
12-06-2014, 09:30 PM
I would love to run a 10-4. Those extra 3 guys should do it!

Lol maybe!!

Rocket Man
12-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Despite the concensus, I'm rooting for the Bobcats.

David v Goliath is one of my favorite stories from the Bible.

lostaussie
12-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Despite the concensus, I'm rooting for the Bobcats.

David v Goliath is one of my favorite stories from the Bible.

The Bobblecats will be ok........your prayers for victory are not needed:D

orange machine
12-06-2014, 09:59 PM
I think Celina needs to move Lb Shane Gerths over to offense and let him and Alexander go after them. Gerths is a big dude that can wear a defense out with punishing runs.

alaskacat
12-06-2014, 10:08 PM
ts at SMU...

d0tc0m
12-06-2014, 10:10 PM
I think Celina needs to move Lb Shane Gerths over to offense and let him and Alexander go after them. Gerths is a big dude that can wear a defense out with punishing runs.

I think Celina can have success on offense with that big heavy package ... put Gerths and Grant in the backfield with Alexander and just ride the strength of that offensive line.

lostaussie
12-06-2014, 10:25 PM
I think Celina can have success on offense with that big heavy package ... put Gerths and Grant in the backfield with Alexander and just ride the strength of that offensive line.

At some point we will get some stops......your defense is going to have to do the same. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

d0tc0m
12-06-2014, 10:30 PM
At some point we will get some stops......your defense is going to have to do the same. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

Serious question ... How many stops did Gilmer's defense have against Gladewater?

lostaussie
12-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Serious question ... How many stops did Gilmer's defense have against Gladewater?

3 or 4. They punted some and we stopped them on 4th at least once maybe twice. Game is kinda a blur to be honest.

d0tc0m
12-06-2014, 11:52 PM
3 or 4. They punted some and we stopped them on 4th at least once maybe twice. Game is kinda a blur to be honest.

Haha yeah that was a crazy game. Thanks for trying to jog your memory though!

Another question for you - and forgive me for my ignorance - but what's the story behind the No. 8 jersey the Buckeyes carry around with them?

movethechain
12-07-2014, 12:30 AM

Another question for you - and forgive me for my ignorance - but what's the story behind the No. 8 jersey the Buckeyes carry around with them?

One of the best we have ever seen and we all miss him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=388ZfkQBq4s

poisoned10
12-07-2014, 12:31 AM

#8 is Desmond Pollard's jersey. He died back in March and this season is dedicated to him this the team motto DEZign8.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

orange machine
12-07-2014, 12:31 AM

the young man passed away this summer.

poisoned10
12-07-2014, 12:33 AM
the young man passed away this summer.

He would have been a senior this year and probably Gilmer's best receiver, including Blake Lynch.

d0tc0m
12-07-2014, 12:38 AM

#8 is Desmond Pollard's jersey. He died back in March and this season is dedicated to him this the team motto DEZign8.

Wow. That's absolutely heartbreaking. Kid looked like a special, special athlete. And, I didn't know him, obviously, but I can imagine that smile brightened any room that young man walked into.

Thanks for filling me in guys. And this is clearly late, but I'm sorry for the loss of that young man.

poisoned10
12-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Wow. That's absolutely heartbreaking. Kid looked like a special, special athlete. And, I didn't know him, obviously, but I can imagine that smile brightened any room that young man walked into.

Thanks for filling me in guys. And this is clearly late, but I'm sorry for the loss of that young man.

Thank you!

You can read an article from the Longview News-Journal about the incident.

http://m.news-journal.com/mobile/etvarsity/high_school/dezign-gilmer-buckeyes-dedicate-season-to-pollard/article_cc6ebff5-004a-59ce-ba46-2570aa42f546.html

Rocket Man
12-07-2014, 01:24 AM
The Bobblecats will be ok........your prayers for victory are not needed:D

My post was not meant to imply that I'll be praying for Celina to win.

bearbear78
12-07-2014, 03:20 AM
I think the Bobcats pull off the upset here. Good luck to both.

Celina8
12-07-2014, 08:17 AM
I would love to see Celina come out and just pound the ball with a power run game and just chew time off the clock. If we are controlling the line of scrimmage and running the ball well, then keep running the ball. If they crowd the line to stop the run then look at our passing options. Sometimes we have a tendency to just leave the run game when it is not necessary. Gilmer will have more speed than any team we have faced so the sprint out passes that Nathan has been so effective during the season could be disrupted if they close quicker than what he has normally seen this season.

RPF2666
12-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Ever since the realignment came out, this game has been a high likelihood, and... ever since the realignment just about everyone has said Gilmer was the favorite to
come out of this side of the bracket. Nothing has changed, except that Celina lost 2 meaningless games, without our starting QB. So what if Celina is the underdog,
so what if everyone expects Gilmer to roll, we will BE THERE on Friday night!

Our coaches will coach, and our young men will leave it all on the field, and I for one am proud, and excited, and nervous, and happy for the way this group has gone
about their business this year. Go Bobcats!

lostaussie
12-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Ever since the realignment came out, this game has been a high likelihood, and... ever since the realignment just about everyone has said Gilmer was the favorite to
come out of this side of the bracket. Nothing has changed, except that Celina lost 2 meaningless games, without our starting QB. So what if Celina is the underdog,

Our coaches will coach, and our young men will leave it all on the field, and I for one am proud, and excited, and nervous, and happy for the way this group has gone

That's all you can do Brotha. You prepare, you coach, you play and you leave it all on the field. Survive and advance is the name of the game.

RPF2666
12-07-2014, 09:08 AM
That's all you can do Brotha. You prepare, you coach, you play and you leave it all on the field. Survive and advance is the name of the game.

Amen!

Just happy to be back in this game, because if your not, you have ZERO chance!

buckeyebob
12-07-2014, 10:31 AM

One that mattered...End of game...4th & they ran the Mack Truck trying 2 yds for the 1st...six inches short, Buckeye ball...Kris gets 24 yds for TD...6 seconds left on clock

We only get the stops that matter

buckeyebob
12-07-2014, 10:36 AM
He would have been a senior this year and probably Gilmer's best receiver, including Blake Lynch.

and Quin Fluellen & Kollin Hurt, Chase Tate

buckeyebob
12-07-2014, 10:37 AM

Passed away @ Kenne's home in Dallas playing BB...massive heart attack

buckeyebob
12-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Thank you!

You can read an article from the Longview News-Journal about the incident.

http://m.news-journal.com/mobile/etvarsity/high_school/dezign-gilmer-buckeyes-dedicate-season-to-pollard/article_cc6ebff5-004a-59ce-ba46-2570aa42f546.html

He gave Michael Irving Jr fits in the 2013 Prestonwood game

buckeyebob
12-07-2014, 10:46 AM

And that is the way it should be.

bobcat1
12-07-2014, 11:13 AM

Absolutely perfect RPF2666! Go Bobcats!

lostaussie
12-07-2014, 11:15 AM
I just saw this article. It was in Friday Longview paper before we played Atl http://m.news-journal.com/mobile/etvarsity/high_school/et-football-playoffs-gilmer-quarterback-quick-to-praise-teammates-for/article_9ee89639-eee0-5baf-a655-449a26f89080.html

Aguilafanatico
12-07-2014, 11:23 AM
Listen to what i'm saying powers that be on defense.

The 10-1 will not work against this team.

Bringing blitzes will not work against this team, you will take your linebackers away from the passing lanes and get beat every time stay home guard the run and passing lanes.

Don't fly up the field with your d linemen and defense ends stay home.

Keep every thing in front of you.

4-3 defense is your best friend this week!!!!

Don't get mad at me for this it's the truth please listen.

OM. I agree 100% and believe that the 10-1 has not benefitted Argyle vs very athletic teams this season. ie LE, Kennedale, Ranchview, Denison....

GTownballer
12-07-2014, 12:48 PM
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/news-journal.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/ce/ece138ac-7cf8-11e4-8625-9be48dc03203/5482798191571.image.jpg?resize=620%2C413

This is one the fastest teams in the Traylor era!

lostaussie
12-07-2014, 12:57 PM
That's a sweet picture!!

lostaussie
12-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Gilmer Buckeyes deny Gladewater Bears in playoff …: http://youtu.be/zRoczABM4x8

GTownballer
12-07-2014, 02:09 PM

DEZign8.......

Wonkas_Willy
12-07-2014, 03:21 PM
If Celina hits em harder than they wanna be hit this could make the difference.
And whats so turdish about good hard football? You guys are SOFT

RPF2666
12-07-2014, 03:29 PM
go troll somewhere else...

Wonkas_Willy
12-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Nobody is trolling... Orange machine.... man coverage can work great vs faster teams, if ya back off of em and play soft zone you are allowing them to use the full speed. If you jam/bump/beat up and cut their receivers it can limit them, throw off timing and frustrate em.

orange machine
12-07-2014, 03:55 PM
Nobody is trolling... Orange machine.... man coverage can work great vs faster teams, if ya back off of em and play soft zone you are allowing them to use the full speed. If you jam/bump/beat up and cut their receivers it can limit them, throw off timing and frustrate em.

Yes sometimes it does, but have you seen their receivers 6'3 190 lbs. We don't have a starting db over 5'8 150. They are not gonna be able to bump enough.

orange machine
12-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Of course this week I would have all hands on deck manning battle stations. You got to play your best 11 even if it's both ways.

lostaussie
12-07-2014, 04:02 PM
OM we gonna play our best 40

lostaussie
12-07-2014, 04:04 PM
OM we gonna play our best 40

And I don't mean that in an insulting way........depth is a blessing for us this year. We rotate ALOT

orange machine
12-07-2014, 04:27 PM
And I don't mean that in an insulting way........depth is a blessing for us this year. We rotate ALOT

Yea it's obvious. Like I said on Smoaky Celina has nothing to lose this week. They are the big underdog and nobody is giving them a chance to win. Celina is backed in the corner will see if these Bobcats are gonna fight and try to win at all cost everything goes or are they gonna play dead? I think they will fight, but the pressure is all on Gilmer.

GTownballer
12-07-2014, 05:01 PM
Yea it's obvious. Like I said on Smoaky Celina has nothing to lose this week. They are the big underdog and nobody is giving them a chance to win. Celina is backed in the corner will see if these Bobcats are gonna fight and try to win at all cost everything goes or are they gonna play dead? I think they will fight, but the pressure is all on Gilmer.

Gilmer will execute on offense, like they do everyweek, and the defense will play lights out, this group is playing with a purpose now! I expect Celina to play the same way, but the only differance that I see, is Gilmer is loaded with a ton of speed, not just 2 or 3 but a bunch, and it will be the huge differance in this game! We' re just hoping for a good clean game, with no serious injuries!

orange machine
12-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Gilmer will execute on offense, like they do everyweek, and the defense will play lights out, this group is playing with a purpose now! I expect Celina to play the same way, but the only differance that I see, is Gilmer is loaded with a ton of speed, not just 2 or 3 but a bunch, and i will be the huge differance in the game! We re just hoping for a good clean game, with no serious injuries!

Yes I agree and all the more reason for Celina not to run the 10-1 because once the ball carrier gets passed four yards see ya.

orange machine
12-07-2014, 05:07 PM
10-1, 10-1 special whatever is football suicide this week!

Loading the box and pressing = SUICIDE

GTownballer
12-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Dallas weather for Friday, is a high of 60 with a 40% chance of rain early, about 55 at game time, with a very small chance of rain!

orange machine
12-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Dallas weather for Friday, is a high of 60 with a 40% chance of rain early, about 55 at game time, with a very small chance of rain!

Celina couldn't get lucky enough for it to poor down rain.

lostaussie
12-07-2014, 05:40 PM
We really dont mind rain. We have actually had good success in it. Cold and windy......no bueno!!

lostaussie
12-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Celina couldn't get lucky enough for it to poor down rain.come on man.......be excited for the Bobblecats. Its the dang semi's for crying out loud. We are good.....not invincible. Stand up for for those kids. They freaking deserve it

toddg
12-07-2014, 05:47 PM
nobody thought Sonora would beat Cisco....but they did....

lostaussie
12-07-2014, 05:54 PM
nobody thought Sonora would beat Cisco....but they did....

I didn't think we would beat Navasota and we didn't. But I stood up for our kids.

d0tc0m
12-07-2014, 06:45 PM
come on man.......be excited for the Bobblecats. Its the dang semi's for crying out loud. We are good.....not invincible. Stand up for for those kids. They freaking deserve it

This, man. Just this.

The storylines have been laid out already. Celina is the underdog and we all know that. The Celina fans know it, the players know it, the coaches know it - the whole state knows it. But it's time to get off that now. I'm proud of what these kids have accomplished, and I'm super excited to see the Orange & White back in the semis. And I'm also excited to see what these kids and these coaches are going to bring into Friday's game. I don't care what the experts say, I don't care what the stats say, hell, I don't care what anyone on this board says. These kids have already proven what they're capable of. They've proven a lot of doubters wrong, and I fully believe they can do it again. It's Gilmer. They're very good and hella fast. But they're not freaking Oregon or Alabama. They can fall. They can go down. And the Bobcats know a thing or two about winning and about playing good football. So good luck to both of these teams, and here's hoping for a clean week of practice and an injury-free game. And give me the freaking Celina Bobcats by one freaking point, and let's go see what it's like to play in the new Jerry World.

lostaussie
12-07-2014, 07:09 PM
This, man. Just this.

The storylines have been laid out already. Celina is the underdog and we all know that. The Celina fans know it, the players know it, the coaches know it - the whole state knows it. But it's time to get off that now. I'm proud of what these kids have accomplished, and I'm super excited to see the Orange & White back in the semis. And I'm also excited to see what these kids and these coaches are going to bring into Friday's game. I don't care what the experts say, I don't care what the stats say, hell, I don't care what anyone on this board says. These kids have already proven what they're capable of. They've proven a lot of doubters wrong, and I fully believe they can do it again. It's Gilmer. They're very good and hella fast. But they're not freaking Oregon or Alabama. They can fall. They can go down. And the Bobcats know a thing or two about winning and about playing good football. So good luck to both of these teams, and here's hoping for a clean week of practice and an injury-free game. And give me the freaking Celina Bobcats by one freaking point, and let's go see what it's like to play in the new Jerry World.

There you go. Don't get me wrong. I hope we roll Celina like a crescent roll:D but win lose or draw.....the semis are an accomplishment. Stand up for your kids and most of all ENJOY THE RIDE

buckeyebob
12-07-2014, 07:28 PM
I didn't think we would beat Navasota and we didn't. But I stood up for our kids.

That is still a raw spot...but I was very proud of our guys. A good group are coming...Tre is brining the whole SMU Team...ready for Friday

lostaussie
12-07-2014, 07:32 PM
That is still a raw spot...but I was very proud of our guys. A good group are coming...Tre is brining the whole SMU Team...ready for Friday

I figured we would have some SMOOOO love

orange machine
12-07-2014, 09:10 PM
come on man.......be excited for the Bobblecats. Its the dang semi's for crying out loud. We are good.....not invincible. Stand up for for those kids. They freaking deserve it

I'm excited and happy for the kids. If you see in the poll i didnt vote against Celina, but I didn't vote for them either. The only reason I haven't voted for Celina to win is because I truly believe unless the DC gets out of the 10-1 Celina won't have much a chance at stopping the high octane offense. If he does change it then I think Celina has a great shot at knocking Gilmer off. Either way I plan on being there supporting them.

bobcat1
12-07-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm excited and happy for the kids. If you see in the poll i didnt vote against Celina, but I didn't vote for them either. The only reason I haven't voted for Celina to win is because I truly believe unless the DC gets out of the 10-1 Celina won't have much a chance at stopping the high octane offense. If he does change it then I think Celina has a great shot at knocking Gilmer off. Either way I plan on being there supporting them.Okay we get it OM. You don't want Celina to run the 10-1 or Special. Enough with the game planning and coach berating.

poisoned10
12-07-2014, 09:25 PM
I don't expect to see Celina running much from the spread or the pistol this game. If they do, I believe that benefits Gilmer. I know they have watched the Tatum and Gladewater games and I fully expect them to emulate what they do but Celina style, 7 offensive linemen, 3 rb's and the QB and pound it.

Hopefully Gilmer will be able to jump ahead early and force them into the spread and having to pass more. If so, I see Gilmer winning by 2-4 TD. If not, then I expect another game like the Gladewater game.

Either way, I expect an exciting game and hope everyone is free from injury.

DEZign8

orange machine
12-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Okay we get it OM. You don't want Celina to run the 10-1 or Special. Enough with the game planning and coach berating.

Negative I will not and I'm not berating any coach, I'm simply giving my opinion and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I just happen to be the person that can speak my mind, but make no mistake about it there are many others that feel this way.

In saying that please for the love of everything holy don't run the 10-1.

poisoned10
12-07-2014, 09:50 PM
I don't care what defense Celina runs, as long as Gilmer scores a lot on it.

RPF2666
12-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Negative I will not and I'm not berating any coach, I'm simply giving my opinion and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I just happen to be the person that can speak my mind, but make no mistake about it there are many others that feel this way.

In saying that please for the love of everything holy don't run the 10-1.

We heard you, EVERY TIME of the 100 TIMES you've said it... ENOUGH... Go Bobcats!

orange machine
12-07-2014, 09:55 PM
I don't care what defense Celina runs, as long as Gilmer scores a lot on it.

Lol of course you dont. I'm excited about this game, there are some things yall do on defense that I think Celina can exploit. No matter how it turns out the season is a great success. Lot of positives for Celina this year.

orange machine
12-07-2014, 09:59 PM
We heard you, EVERY TIME of the 100 TIMES you've said it... ENOUGH... Go Bobcats!

I'm gonna say it everyday this week so don't read it if you don't like it. Again there is nothing wrong with what I'm saying and I'm not making you read it. I am not speaking bad or ill toward anybody.

marler1972
12-07-2014, 10:30 PM
I know this we will come out ready to play and play the true Bobcat way. Very tense under our roof this week, this is the state-semis anything can happen just pray it is injury free and of course that we win. Go Bobcats.

orange machine
12-07-2014, 10:57 PM
I know this we will come out ready to play and play the true Bobcat way. Very tense under our roof this week, this is the state-semis anything can happen just pray it is injury free and of course that we win. Go Bobcats.

I hope Chase has a huge game cause I got a feeling he is gonna be one tired pup after the game if you get what I'm saying on this two way street wink wink.

Celina8
12-08-2014, 05:42 AM
From reading this board and that other East Texas board , most from Gilmer are saying this is probably their best team ever! That is quite a statement and challenge. Should the Bobcats win this game that would have to be an historic upset that would send shock waves across all of Texas for many years. So from my pespective we have the opportunity to compete with one of the best teams ever in 4A and that is pretty exciting.

buckeyebob
12-08-2014, 06:26 AM
Lol of course you dont. I'm excited about this game, there are some things yall do on defense that I think Celina can exploit. No matter how it turns out the season is a great success. Lot of positives for Celina this year.

What would that be...just curious

waterboy
12-08-2014, 08:32 AM
From reading this board and that other East Texas board , most from Gilmer are saying this is probably their best team ever! That is quite a statement and challenge. Should the Bobcats win this game that would have to be an historic upset that would send shock waves across all of Texas for many years. So from my pespective we have the opportunity to compete with one of the best teams ever in 4A and that is pretty exciting.

There's a lot of rookies over there that say completely homerish things like that, and have been all season. I'm not completely sold unless we FINISH! I'm also convinced that Celina fans are sandbagging. That HUGE offensive line, if used correctly, can cause problems for our defense. If Celina can actually score the majority of their possessions, and can get some stops defensively, this should be a good ball game.

If the Buckeyes don't come out hitting on all eight, and allow Celina to set the pace, this could be a barnburner. My hope is our boys learned a couple of weeks ago that they can't come into any game unfocused, especially at this point in the playoffs. All the teams left are capable of beating you, and yes, that means Celina.

I'll just be happy to get to play one more after this one.

Aesculus gilmus
12-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Should the Bobcats win this game that would have to be an historic upset that would send shock waves across all of Texas for many years.

I am a big fan of Texas high school football (it's the only level of football I am anywhere near rabid about anymore - TOTALLY DON'T follow the NFL). But "shock waves across all of Texas for many years"??? Man, that's some powerful stuff you're on.

Reality check: this is one game (not even the final either) in one division of one classification of the UIL.

Celina8
12-08-2014, 09:10 AM
I am a big fan of Texas high school football (it's the only level of football I am anywhere near rabid about anymore - TOTALLY DON'T follow the NFL). But "shock waves across all of Texas for many years"??? Man, that's some powerful stuff you're on.

Reality check: this is one game (not even the final either) in one division of one classification of the UIL.

Yeah, you are right as I am having a little fun, but still many Gilmerites are saying this is their best team ever!

gatordaze
12-08-2014, 09:15 AM
Okay we get it OM. You don't want Celina to run the 10-1 or Special. Enough with the game planning and coach berating.

As far as I know they only have 2 choices. 10-1 and 3-3-5. They are not going to add a new alignment in a week. The 10-1 is not the issue. When we had D'anton at FS and Caleb at Mike we stopped everyone. 10-1 works with an exceptional FS and MLB. Our guys are good, but not exceptional. Caleb used to bait the QB into throwing slants and slip screens and then light them up or get a pick. We could rush 10 and over run when D'anton was at FS and he would erase the mistake. I think that they will run 3-3-5 more and disguise 10-1. We must be the more physical team to stop the plays that put skill players in open space.

BTW 10-1 is a misnomer. It is really just gap control, man press with a FS over the top. Everyone must do their job for it to work. They have to show it and vary it and they have to execute their assignments.

Gsquared
12-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Nice stadium.....just not big enough to hold Buckeye faithful

Oh I see how it is...... That's an indirect yet intentional shot at me

buckeyebob
12-08-2014, 10:24 AM

And we are the new sheriff in town & we are taking over for Argyle...mmmmmm...the devil made me say it...

buckeyebob
12-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Oh I see how it is...... That's an indirect yet intentional shot at me

Clue me in...you know that I will always take a cheap shot

CHS_89
12-08-2014, 10:43 AM
I believe the Celina coaches are competent and will have a game plan . Since I am a Celina Alum, ex-player, lifelong supporter, I have faith in the coaches and most importantly in these young men who play the sport. It is very difficult to win a championship in Texas High School Football. I am proud of these young men and their accomplishments this year, including the big win over a very tough and speedy Sweetwater team. They are the ones living it, we are the ones wishing we were still there. Let's let them make their decisions on their own and not portray an opinion of which may not be an accurate account of what is really happening with the program or their game planning. After all, if you are not at practice or in the fieldhouse game planning, you really can't accurately say what is going to happen vs. Gilmer.

I expect Celina will show up and play their hearts out...regardless of the outcome, I am proud they made it this far and I can hope we perform at a high enough level to compete and move to the next game. Win or lose, applaud both teams for their accomplishments.

Go Bobcats!!

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2014, 10:54 AM
I believe the Celina coaches are competent and will have a game plan . Since I am a Celina Alum, ex-player, lifelong supporter, I have faith in the coaches and most importantly in these young men who play the sport. It is very difficult to win a championship in Texas High School Football. I am proud of these young men and their accomplishments this year, including the big win over a very tough and speedy Sweetwater team. They are the ones living it, we are the ones wishing we were still there. Let's let them make their decisions on their own and not portray an opinion of which may not be an accurate account of what is really happening with the program or their game planning. After all, if you are not at practice or in the fieldhouse game planning, you really can't accurately say what is going to happen vs. Gilmer.

I expect Celina will show up and play their hearts out...regardless of the outcome, I am proud they made it this far and I can hope we perform at a high enough level to compete and move to the next game. Win or lose, applaud both teams for their accomplishments.

Go Bobcats!!

This board could really benefit from more Bobcat fans like you and Celina8. :clap:

orange machine
12-08-2014, 11:31 AM
As far as I know they only have 2 choices. 10-1 and 3-3-5. They are not going to add a new alignment in a week. The 10-1 is not the issue. When we had D'anton at FS and Caleb at Mike we stopped everyone. 10-1 works with an exceptional FS and MLB. Our guys are good, but not exceptional. Caleb used to bait the QB into throwing slants and slip screens and then light them up or get a pick. We could rush 10 and over run when D'anton was at FS and he would erase the mistake. I think that they will run 3-3-5 more and disguise 10-1. We must be the more physical team to stop the plays that put skill players in open space.

BTW 10-1 is a misnomer. It is really just gap control, man press with a FS over the top. Everyone must do their job for it to work. They have to show it and vary it and they have to execute their assignments.

That's a great assessment and I do agree completely, but as you and everybody else knows Celina doesnt have those that caliber players on defense this year. I just want the kids to be put in the best position to win and I don't believe the 10-1 gives them that chance.

waterboy
12-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Are y'all sandbagging, or do y'all really believe this stuff? I know the Buckeyes have to be ready to play. They have to come out crisp on both sides of the ball, and make it happen on the field, not on paper. If we don't play the way we're capable, we will be in for a real ball game, in my opinion.

RPF2666
12-08-2014, 12:16 PM
That's a great assessment and I do agree completely, but as you and everybody else knows Celina doesnt have those that caliber players on defense this year. I just want the kids to be put in the best position to win and I don't believe the 10-1 gives them that chance.

101:ack!:

RPF2666
12-08-2014, 12:17 PM
This board could really benefit from more Bobcat fans like you and Celina8. :clap:

:2thumbsup

orange machine
12-08-2014, 12:40 PM
101:ack!:

Now you got it. :stirpot:

RPF2666
12-08-2014, 12:41 PM
:taunt:
Now you got it. :stirpot:

d0tc0m
12-08-2014, 12:50 PM
I hope the Celina coaches are getting on this board at least once an hour, every hour. Otherwise, they might make a mistake and run the 10-1 on Friday. Where else would they get this kinda insider information, anyway? You want all the answers and all the secret adjustments? Hit up The Downlow.

orange machine
12-08-2014, 12:52 PM
:taunt:

I'm really not trying to be a jerk wad, but the proof is in the pudding. This defense does not work against elite speed especially if you can't get pressure on the qb and Celina didn't do a great job last week getting pressure on the qb. I've watched Gilmer so much and they will destroy Celina with the screen pass to Boyd if the d line penetrate up field. Linebackers have to play the passing lanes and not bust hump to the qb.

orange machine
12-08-2014, 12:53 PM
I hope the Celina coaches are getting on this board at least once an hour, every hour. Otherwise, they might make a mistake and run the 10-1 on Friday. Where else would they get this kinda insider information, anyway? You want all the answers and all the secret adjustments? Hit up The Downlow.

Now your talking.

RPF2666
12-08-2014, 01:02 PM
...102;)

lostaussie
12-08-2014, 01:07 PM
...102;)

Y'all are like rabbits.......you are eating your own!!:D

d0tc0m
12-08-2014, 01:09 PM
The fact of the matter is there's nothing any of us on this board have seen or know about Gilmer that the Celina coaching staff hasn't already seen and talked about ad nauseam. They, after all, get paid to do what they do. They'll make the adjustments. They'll put the kids in the best positions that they know how, and they'll trust in those kids to make the plays. It's as simple as that. If the kids buy in to what the coaches say, and if they leave it all out on the field, knowing they did everything they could possibly do to win, then you can't ask for anymore than that. And I have full confidence that our staff will do just that, and these kids have shown time and time again they will indeed give everything they've got and fight tooth and nail until the 48th minute has expired. That's why I'm excited for Friday. These Bobcats have had a chip on their shoulders from the beginning, and I'm sure it's getting bigger and bigger now with all the doubters.

orange machine
12-08-2014, 01:15 PM
The fact of the matter is there's nothing any of us on this board have seen or know about Gilmer that the Celina coaching staff hasn't already seen and talked about ad nauseam. They, after all, get paid to do what they do. They'll make the adjustments. They'll put the kids in the best positions that they know how, and they'll trust in those kids to make the plays. It's as simple as that. If the kids buy in to what the coaches say, and if they leave it all out on the field, knowing they did everything they could possibly do to win, then you can't ask for anymore than that. And I have full confidence that our staff will do just that, and these kids have shown time and time again they will indeed give everything they've got and fight tooth and nail until the 48th minute has expired. That's why I'm excited for Friday. These Bobcats have had a chip on their shoulders from the beginning, and I'm sure it's getting bigger and bigger now with all the doubters.

If that chip gets bigger then I did my job in this instance, but don't lump me in with the doubters. You can go look at the poll and see who the Celina doubters are. If I didn't think Celina had a chance I wouldn't be ranting and raving like an old bitter women sitting on the couch eating pies all day weighing 400 lbs wishing a man found me attractive while painting my toe nails hot pink.

I believe Celina can win.

movethechain
12-08-2014, 01:46 PM
Does anyone know if Hollywood has reported the theft of his keyboard to local LEOs? He stopped by and mouse-clicked on Celina for the win, but narry a word of comment in the thread otherwise. Very unusual behavior for him, so he had to have had his keyboard swiped or he finally wore it out. Who else knew he was a closet Celina fan?

lostaussie
12-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Does anyone know if Hollywood has reported the theft of his keyboard to local LEOs? He stopped by and mouse-clicked on Celina for the win, but narry a word of comment in the thread otherwise. Very unusual behavior for him, so he had to have had his keyboard swiped or he finally wore it out. Who else knew he was a closet Celina fan?

I saw him fox sports site picking Celina. Those idiots are worse than the etexas board

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2014, 01:58 PM
I saw him fox sports site picking Celina. Those idiots are worse than the etexas board

No joke. I just stopped reading because it is nothing but HS kids and Internet trolls in every thread and forum.

orange machine
12-08-2014, 02:02 PM
No joke. I just stopped reading because it is nothing but HS kids and Internet trolls in every thread and forum.

Same here its not monitored I don't guess and everything goes it seems.

marler1972
12-08-2014, 02:02 PM

There are others here, but with having a horse in the game I try not to say much.

orange machine
12-08-2014, 02:34 PM
...102;)

The Xtra player couldn't hurt.

d0tc0m
12-08-2014, 04:00 PM
I noticed the Gilmer/Gladewater and Gilmer/Tatum highlights are not online anymore...

waterboy
12-08-2014, 04:06 PM
No. The highlights of our games are usually only available for a week now. They used to be available for as long as you wanted to see them.

d0tc0m
12-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Ah, gotcha. My mistake.

lostaussie
12-08-2014, 04:53 PM
I noticed the Gilmer/Gladewater and Gilmer/Tatum highlights are not online anymore...

Its internet magic:D

d0tc0m
12-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Its internet magic:D

Call me crazy, ignorant, stupid, dumb, naive, tired, mad, out-of-my-mind or whatever else you want to call me ... But as I look at this one more and more, I am starting to like Celina's chances more and more. They won't shutout the Buckeyes, obviously. But I'm seeing some things that are really making me believe the Bobcats could have a shot at playing for No. 9.

pirate4state
12-08-2014, 04:57 PM
What cha y'all talking about in here? LOL

lostaussie
12-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Call me crazy, ignorant, stupid, dumb, naive, tired, mad, out-of-my-mind or whatever else you want to call me ... But as I look at this one more and more, I am starting to like Celina's chances more and more. They won't shutout the Buckeyes, obviously. But I'm seeing some things that are really making me believe the Bobcats could have a shot at playing for No. 9.

I wouldn't call you any of those.

gatordaze
12-08-2014, 05:17 PM

Old school Celina would be fine. Celina is in love with the spread and chucking the rock. Celina is best between the tackles and should not pass until Gilmer puts 8-9 in the box to stop the 4 yard gain. They must control the clock and score on each possession.

waterboy
12-08-2014, 05:24 PM

That's more like it! Ain't none of us would call you any such thing for believing in your team. It's no accident Celina is in the semis.

Caveman
12-08-2014, 05:28 PM
I was at the Argyle/Celina game. Even though I'm from Argyle, I'm not sure we win that game with Celina's starting QB in there. It is all about match ups and if Celina's bigs outmuscle Gilmer's bigs, it's going to be a long long night for the Buckeyes. I have a lot of respect for both teams and I really don't know which one I would put my money on if it came to that. Also with regard to speed; I know East Texas is renowned for their speed but remember that Celina is almost always at state with a top 4x100 team. Should be interesting.

Bullaholic
12-08-2014, 05:30 PM
#5 going to be ready to go for Celina this week?

Celina8
12-08-2014, 05:38 PM
I was at the Argyle/Celina game. Even though I'm from Argyle, I'm not sure we win that game with Celina's starting QB in there. It is all about match ups and if Celina's bigs outmuscle Gilmer's bigs, it's going to be a long long night for the Buckeyes. I have a lot of respect for both teams and I really don't know which one I would put my money on if it came to that. Also with regard to speed; I know East Texas is renowned for their speed but remember that Celina is almost always at state with a top 4x100 team. Should be interesting.

Gilmer does have the speed, we just need to be quick for 10 yards or less, if they get past 10 yards our chances for running them down well it will be difficult. Gosh , I am I actually starting to get a little more confidence...either way I am excited to play Gilmer.

Aggie98
12-08-2014, 05:44 PM

It'll be interesting to see how Celina goes about trying to slow them down. I'm not sure it can be done.

Gladewater was a beast of a football team and played an almost perfect game against Gilmer. They dominated time of possession 34:00 - 14:00, didn't turn it over, converted a ton of 3rd and 4th down plays, didn't give up any deep balls, scored 35 points..... and Gilmer still scored 41 pts to beat them. 41 pts against a great GW defense that only had to play for 14 minutes.

Atlanta's defense was pretty salty too. Gilmer had 50 by halftime.

I just don't know if they're beatable.

Celina8
12-08-2014, 05:50 PM
It'll be interesting to see how Celina goes about trying to slow them down. I'm not sure it can be done.

Gladewater was a beast of a football team and played an almost perfect game against Gilmer. They dominated time of possession 34:00 - 14:00, didn't turn it over, converted a ton of 3rd and 4th down plays, didn't give up any deep balls, scored 35 points..... and Gilmer still scored 41 pts to beat them. 41 pts against a great GW defense that only had to play for 14 minutes.

That is why so many are saying this is the best Gilmer team ever....football would be a lot easier if we could pick and choose our opponents , but we don't get to and thus we have to play Gilmer and play them we will. Go get'em Bobcats!!!!

waterboy
12-08-2014, 06:00 PM
That is why so many are saying this is the best Gilmer team ever....football would be a lot easier if we could pick and choose our opponents , but we don't get to and thus we have to play Gilmer and play them we will. Go get'em Bobcats!!!!

I have a wait and see attitude about that. I won't call this team anything but a very good team until they accomplish what they've set out to accomplish. They still have to beat Celina first.

orange machine
12-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Old school Celina would be fine. Celina is in love with the spread and chucking the rock. Celina is best between the tackles and should not pass until Gilmer puts 8-9 in the box to stop the 4 yard gain. They must control the clock and score on each possession.

Exactly right! Had Celina stuck with ground and pound against Henderson instead of coming out the 2nd half throwing 3 straight passes, I think Celina wins. Celina was pounding Henderson in the trenches and they were gassed.

orange machine
12-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Celina's oline must impose their will against Gilmer and play the meanest most fundamental game of their lives.

lostaussie
12-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Gilmer does have the speed, we just need to be quick for 10 yards or less, if they get past 10 yards our chances for running them down well it will be difficult. Gosh , I am I actually starting to get a little more confidence...either way I am excited to play Gilmer.

As we are excited to play Celina. Its going to be a great high school atmosphere!! I can't wait.......Bass Pro and a football game......just don't get no better than that!!

poisoned10
12-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Us Gilmer folks don't buy into the 'sandbagging' the Celina peeps are throwing at us so now all of the sudden they are 'getting more confidence' in their team. Hmmmm....

Gilmer has had GREAT success in the state semi-finals:

2004: Gilmer - 53, Snyder - 20
2007: Gilmer - 28, Abilene Wylie - 21
2009: Gilmer - 42, Cuero - 36
2012: Gilmer - 50, Graham - 7
2014: Gilmer - ??, Celina - ??

Hope to make it 5-0 in state semi-finals this year!

DEZign8

d0tc0m
12-08-2014, 06:27 PM

But Gladewater didn't convert the one big 4th down that mattered the most. If they get that 4th-and-1 there at the end, it's probably the Bears vs Celina this week.

There's no question it'll take a near flawless game to beat this Buckeyes team. But Gilmer has to execute pretty well on Friday too, and I think their fans will tell you that.

There aren't any matchups in the skill positions that I look at and say, 'Yeah, Celina has a clear advantage there.' But that said, I think the Bobcats have an advantage in the trenches. And just diagramming some of those popular twins sets the Buckeyes like to do, and especially some of those they like to run with Lynch at QB, I feel like the Bobcats can disguise some coverages and create confusion for that Gilmer offensive line. It won't stop those big name guys from breaking a few big plays during the game. But I think the Bobcats can get numbers at the point of attack and neutralize that speed to a point - even if just for a brief moment, it might be enough on a 3rd- or 4th-and-medium/long.

CelinaCatFan
12-08-2014, 06:28 PM
The closer we get to this game...the more I'm liking our chances. I know, according to the football experts, we are considered the underdog. However, I know the coaches and players are working hard and will be ready. It's no surprise that containing Gilmer's speed will be key.

We've also heard it before...Celina can't beat East Texas teams. As I recall, many of our state championships were against East Texas teams that the "experts" said we couldn't beat. Will we this game? That remains to be seen.

Note: this is not a jab at Gilmer. I have nothing but respect for their outstanding program and tradition. All I'm saying is...let's just play the game first and see what happens.

d0tc0m
12-08-2014, 06:30 PM
The closer we get to this game...the more I'm liking our chances. I know, according to the football experts, we are considered the underdog. However, I know the coaches and players are working hard and will be ready. It's no surprise that containing Gilmer's speed will be key.

We've also heard it before...Celina can't beat East Texas teams. As I recall, many of our state championships were against East Texas teams that the "experts" said we couldn't beat. Will we this game? That remains to be seen.

Note: this is not a jab at Gilmer. I have nothing but respect for their outstanding program and tradition. All I'm saying is...let's just play the game first and see what happens.

Yeah, and I don't think any of the Gilmer fans will take that as a jab. I know they're very confident in their team - as well they should be. But they've all been around long enough to know that all that really matters is being up by at least one point on any given Friday night. And that means you've gotta execute on both sides of the ball, especially this late in the year.

poisoned10
12-08-2014, 06:55 PM
I hope all the Celina people know, Gilmer people are not saying that Gilmer can't be beat or Celina can't win. We Gilmer fans know this could vary well be our last football game this season. Hell, we were 3-6 inches away from losing in the 3rd round. So we know we are fortunate to be here and know anything can happen on any given night.

Gilmer vs Tatum - Gilmer had a commanding halftime lead and Tatum came back to tie the game. It took a late TD with 20 seconds left to win the game, 41-36.
Tatum vs. Atlanta (Game 2) - Atlanta absolutely destroys Tatum right from the opening snap and cruises to an easy win.
Gilmer vs. Atlanta - Gilmer jumps out early and coasts to a huge 4th round win.

So anything can happen on any given night. We don't need to be better than you all of the time, most of the time or even some of the time. We just have to be better than you THIS time.

DEZign8

bobcat1
12-08-2014, 07:08 PM
This is going to be a great atmosphere. I know the Bobcats will fight 48 minutes or longer if necessary. I know how hard these kids will practice and drill and watch film. I know the coaches will game plan like no other. It's going to come down to a matter of who forces their will on whom. I can promise you this no Bobcat back will lay down late in the game headed to the end zone. Bad Mistake Gladewater. Here's to good health and a clean hard fought contest! I believe the winner will be crowned Champion this year.

buckeyebob
12-08-2014, 07:13 PM
I have a wait and see attitude about that. I won't call this team anything but a very good team until they accomplish what they've set out to accomplish. They still have to beat Celina first.

Yep...so right.

buckeyebob
12-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Exactly right! Had Celina stuck with ground and pound against Henderson instead of coming out the 2nd half throwing 3 straight passes, I think Celina wins. Celina was pounding Henderson in the trenches and they were gassed.

Gassed? mmmmmm...not sure I have ever seen it...is it similar to juked up?

buckeyebob
12-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Us Gilmer folks don't buy into the 'sandbagging' the Celina peeps are throwing at us so now all of the sudden they are 'getting more confidence' in their team. Hmmmm....

2009: Gilmer - 42, Cuero - 36...the following week, December 12th, Ford Stadium, SMU...Abilene Wylie for 3A-D1 State Championship...with this Friday, we will have 2 appearances in Team History...it was a good day for the Bux (& hats of to the Cuero guys...one heck of a game)

DEZign8

bobcat1
12-08-2014, 07:49 PM
I gassed someone today. Is that the same thing?:devil:

orange machine
12-08-2014, 07:51 PM

Lol :crazy:

lostaussie
12-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Meet and greet at Bass Pro in Rockwall at 2:30......who's with me:D

Celina8
12-08-2014, 07:54 PM

DEZign8

I think this is our 13th time to play in the State Semi's we have lost some but there have been a few times that we lucked out and won some.

Celina8
12-08-2014, 07:56 PM

Would love to but I will actually be trying to wrap things up in Austin so I can leave early to be at the game.....I wish my boss was a High School football fan.

orange machine
12-08-2014, 07:57 PM

You might want to be at the stadium at 230 cause parking is awful and you maybe walking a couple of miles. The good Lord knows I could use the walk.

lostaussie
12-08-2014, 08:01 PM
I think this is our 13th time to play in the State Semi's we have lost some but there have been a few times that we lucked out and won some.that's why I used to hate you guys.....jealousy almost killed me:D don't go throwing back in my face!!

lostaussie
12-08-2014, 08:04 PM

DEZign8

Come on poison..... U forgot '81.......when we thumped Kermit. I do not think we have EVER lost to a R1 team.

tricky1965
12-08-2014, 08:08 PM
OMG! There's that Snyder score again !

Celina8
12-08-2014, 08:14 PM
For you Gilmer fans that will looking for a good place to eat come early and try Bubba's at 6617 Hillcrest Ave near SMU. It is part of the Babe's famous Chicken Dinner House.http://bubbasdallas.com/

CelinaCatFan
12-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Looks like a chance of rain all weekend. Beginning with a 40% chance on Thursday and including a 60% chance on Friday. How would a pouring rain affect this game?

toddg
12-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Come on poison..... U forgot '81.......when we thumped Kermit. I do not think we have EVER lost to a R1 team. the only reason y'all beat Kermit in '81 was they didnt get their usual stud athletes from Wink and Notrees that year!!

lostaussie
12-08-2014, 09:13 PM
the only reason y'all beat Kermit in '81 was they didnt get their usual stud athletes from Wink and Notrees that year!!

Lol....no, we pretty much thumped the crap out them. Shutout as I recall

tricky1965
12-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Jumping into your conversation but yes it was a thumping , if memory serves me correctly, it was 28-0 in very cold weather

movethechain
12-08-2014, 09:22 PM
We also got by a very good Wylie (no not Abilene Wylie the other one) team that looked way better than Gilmer everywhere but the scoreboard. There were a couple of games that year that I felt luck was way over on our side in order for us to come out with the win.

gatordaze
12-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Looks like a chance of rain all weekend. Beginning with a 40% chance on Thursday and including a 60% chance on Friday. How would a pouring rain affect this game?

Probably advantage Celina in the run game. Maybe wrong but I think Gilmer has an advantage athletically and Celina an advantage from a grind it out perspective. Not a lot of stars on Celina but a large cohesive senior class. Reminds me of Navasota in 2012.

poisoned10
12-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Come on poison..... U forgot '81.......when we thumped Kermit. I do not think we have EVER lost to a R1 team.

I wasn't born yet, so I easily forget about it.

lostaussie
12-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Probably advantage Celina in the run game. Maybe wrong but I think Gilmer has an advantage athletically and Celina an advantage from a grind it out perspective. Not a lot of stars on Celina but a large cohesive senior class. Reminds me of Navasota in 2012.

I certainly do not want to insult anyone, and y'all may win the game.......but Nav 2012....... You are not

tricky1965
12-08-2014, 09:31 PM
OUCH!

poisoned10
12-08-2014, 09:32 PM

1981: Gilmer - 28, Kermit - 0

Hope to make it 6-0 in state semi-finals this year!

DEZign8

There, I fixed it.

toddg
We also got by a very good Wylie (no not Abilene Wylie the other one) team that looked way better than Gilmer everywhere but the scoreboard. There were a couple of games that year that I felt luck was way over on our side in order for us to come out with the win.
y'all just couldnt overcome ole Rabid Cougar in the end

orange machine
I certainly do not want to insult anyone, and y'all may win the game.......but Nav 2012....... You are not

I think he was more referring to the amount if senior leadership.

lostaussie
12-08-2014, 09:34 PM
y'all just couldnt overcome ole Rabid Cougar in the end

You are so correct. We kicked a field goal and then went home:D

poisoned10
12-08-2014, 09:36 PM
You are so correct. We kicked a field goal and then went home:D

Same thing in 2012. :crying:

lostaussie
12-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Ahh, the good ole days, when I was still chasing lots...........well never mind:-)

tricky1965
12-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Ok just for fun, say you could pair two teams from any era to play each other, who would they be? You don't have to be a Homer and say Gilmer vs ... Or Celina bs... It can be any teams. Mine would be the 1980 Pittsburg Pirates vs the 1983 Daingerfield Tigers. Pitt allowed something like 21 points all year and when their offense lined up you knew what they were going to do , but you couldn't stop them. Daingerfield allowed somewhere are 13 points all year ( these numbers are approx. can't remember exactly). And their offense was incredible .

lostaussie
12-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Same thing in 2012. :crying:

Don't remind me......that one is still kinda fresh

lostaussie
12-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Folks forget about that 80 pburg team. I played summer baseball with a lot of those guys.......they were mean as hell

poisoned10
12-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Ok just for fun, say you could pair two teams from any era to play each other, who would they be? You don't have to be a Homer and say Gilmer vs ... Or Celina bs... It can be any teams. Mine would be the 1980 Pittsburg Pirates vs the 1983 Daingerfield Tigers. Pitt allowed something like 21 points all year and when their offense lined up you knew what they were going to do , but you couldn't stop them. Daingerfield allowed somewhere are 13 points all year ( these numbers are approx. can't remember exactly). And their offense was incredible .

:hijacktd:

lostaussie
12-08-2014, 09:44 PM
:hijacktd:

Long time to Friday. Lol

poisoned10
12-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Long time to Friday. Lol

Why is Monday so far away from Friday, but Friday is so close to Monday?

tricky1965
12-08-2014, 10:03 PM
http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1851572

bobcat1
12-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Well........ because.

orange machine
12-08-2014, 10:38 PM

That's a great point and never thought of it that way. We should have 20 hrs work weeks and everything come down in price. That would be fantastic.

tricky1965
12-08-2014, 10:59 PM
L

tricky1965
12-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Lol

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2014, 07:50 AM
That's a great point and never thought of it that way. We should have 20 hrs work weeks and everything come down in price. That would be fantastic.

This may actually become necessary because of automation and other forms of technology eliminating so many jobs. It's either that or radically reduce world population via wars and disease. I am pretty sure the powers that be will choose the latter. Evil always trumps common sense.

Celina8
12-09-2014, 08:18 AM

They would be a great game and don't forget about the 1973 Big Sandy Wildcat Team with Lovie Smith and David Overstreet plus Bobby Mitchell I think was his name. They only allowed 15 points all year long and beat the Rule Bobcats in the State Title game with Art Briles I think as the QB his dad was the Head Coach at Rule.

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2014, 08:28 AM
You jogged my memory about something, so I looked it up.

1974 Class B Championship Game: Big Sandy 0, Celina 0 (@ Dallas)

I'm sure you already knew that bit of history. Who actually was awarded the championship? I think I recall that, much like the recent Big 12 fiasco (in Art Briles' mind anyhow), the UIL named them co-champions. Am I right?

What's kinda sad about East Texas (unless you like low population areas and I admit I do) is when you look at the historical football records, you always see formerly small schools around Dallas that are now large. Also, often you see formerly large schools in East Texas that are now small.

I will say that Celina's rise in enrollment seems way more gradual than the ones closer to Dallas in that county. I don't know what exactly is holding back your enrollment. Have you built a wall around the district or something? :)

RPF2666
12-09-2014, 08:46 AM

I'm sure you already knew that bit of history. Who actually was awarded the championship? I think I recall that, much like the recent Big 12 fiasco (in Art Briles' mind anyhow), the UIL named them co-champions. Am I right?

What's kinda sad about East Texas (unless you like low population areas and I admit I do) is when you look at the historical football records, you always see formerly small schools around Dallas that are now large. Also, often you see formerly large schools in East Texas that are now small.

I will say that Celina's rise in enrollment seems way more gradual than the ones closer to Dallas in that county. I don't know what exactly is holding back your enrollment. Have you built a wall around the district or something? :)

Celina is growing, it has just been more slowly to this point. There are some developments on the 'not too distant' horizon that could drastically change the pace...

hollywood
12-09-2014, 09:26 AM
This may actually become necessary because of automation and other forms of technology eliminating so many jobs. It's either that or radically reduce world population via wars and disease. I am pretty sure the powers that be will choose the latter. Evil always trumps common sense.

It's called greed

Celina8
12-09-2014, 09:37 AM

Yes we were both named Co-Champs which was how the UIL handled it back then since there were no other games to be played after the State Final. In terms of our growth we are just the next city in line to the north . We have several developements that are in the biginning stage of getting zoning approved and some are already cutting roads and installing city utilities that are from 1200 homes to 4,000 homes that are to be built. The next 5 years Celina will see some changes and we currently are surrounded by road construction from both State and County as they try to get ahead of the growth. I have lived in Austin, Dallas and other big cities but there is something I love about being in a small town and also being able to actually see the horizon. Those times will slowly fade as more and more homes are built.

hollywood
12-09-2014, 09:44 AM

The 1975 Big Sandy Wildcats football team is considered one of the most dominant in the history of Texas high school football.[6] Going for their third consecutive Class B state title, Big Sandy went 14-0 with a (then) state record 11 shutouts, outscoring opponents 824-15. The offense scored a still national record 114 rushing touchdowns, of whom running back David Overstreet made 52 alone. The defense, led by defensive end/linebacker and future Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith, allowed only two touchdowns all season. Only one time during the entire season did Big Sandy trail during a game, when they were down 2-0 to Groom early in the championship game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Sandy_High_School_(Big_Sandy,_Texas)

Celina8
12-09-2014, 10:03 AM
The 1975 Big Sandy Wildcats football team is considered one of the most dominant in the history of Texas high school football.[6] Going for their third consecutive Class B state title, Big Sandy went 14-0 with a (then) state record 11 shutouts, outscoring opponents 824-15. The offense scored a still national record 114 rushing touchdowns, of whom running back David Overstreet made 52 alone. The defense, led by defensive end/linebacker and future Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith, allowed only two touchdowns all season. Only one time during the entire season did Big Sandy trail during a game, when they were down 2-0 to Groom early in the championship game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Sandy_High_School_(Big_Sandy,_Texas)

I thought the 1973 team that Played Rule had the 824-15, so my bad on the information I posted , after Big Sandy I remember in the Late 70's Union Hill being so dominant and playing Wheeler in the State Championship...times have changed.

lostaussie
12-09-2014, 10:11 AM
I thought the 1973 team that Played Rule had the 824-15, so my bad on the information I posted , after Big Sandy I remember in the Late 70's Union Hill being so dominant and playing Wheeler in the State Championship...times have changed.

The Hill.....is where I call home!!!. They started 6 man this year.

waterboy
12-09-2014, 10:18 AM
We've scored more points this year than the 1973 Big Sandy Wildcats already. Does that count?:D

CHS_89
12-09-2014, 10:28 AM

I have the answer: They installed a red light to replace the flashing light on Highway 289 in Prosper. Folks were forced to stop there. Don't believe me, look at Prosper's growth in the past 5 years.

tricky1965
12-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Ok I am a little embarrassed to ask this, but being a rookie of posting on this forum, would someone please tell me how to reply to a particular post, instead of replying at the end of the thread? I am using tapatalk. Lostaussie, no smart ass answers please.

waterboy
12-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Does it not show a "Reply With Quote" button beside the "Reply" button?

chaingang
12-09-2014, 10:38 AM
I actually lived in Forney for a little while. Windmill farms to be exact. The last year I was there was when they were voting on opening another HS. North Forney maybe? The Falcons? Trying to remember. Anyways, I remember the growth of that area, it was crazy. Even towns like Royse City, Sache, etc. You could have made a killing owning a Uhaul business.

waterboy
12-09-2014, 10:41 AM
I actually lived in Forney for a little while. Windmill farms to be exact. The last year I was there was when they were voting on opening another HS. North Forney maybe? The Falcons? Trying to remember. Anyways, I remember the growth of that area, it was crazy. Even towns like Royse City, Sache, etc. You could have made a killing owning a Uhaul business.

Or land...

tricky1965
12-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Waterboy, all I see is my text bar at the bottom of the thread. There is a button (...) top right hand corner of my page that I can go to, but it only has a reply button and a share button

Aggie98
12-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Ok I am a little embarrassed to ask this, but being a rookie of posting on this forum, would someone please tell me how to reply to a particular post, instead of replying at the end of the thread? I am using tapatalk. Lostaussie, no smart ass answers please.

Tap on the post you want to reply.... A menu pops up, hit the "quote" button.... Type your reply below their post.

tricky1965
12-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Tap on the post you want to reply.... A menu pops up, hit the "quote" button.... Type your reply below their post.

Well I'll be damn! Thanks!!'

waterboy
12-09-2014, 10:44 AM

There you go...

gatordaze
12-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Celina is growing, it has just been more slowly to this point. There are some developments on the 'not too distant' horizon that could drastically change the pace...

Growth will escalate quickly. New home permits are expected to be in excess of 500 per year. There are several communities breaking ground with a total tax base build out of around 10,000 homes. The largest will add to Celina's tax base but is aligned with Prosper ISD. It is my understanding that Celina HS will grow to capacity around 2500 students and then another school will be built toward Weston. Celina is about 9K in population now. I expect that to double in the next 3 years or so. I have a friend that was part of the economic development council and was at a conference in Las Vegas where 135 businesses expressed expansion interest into Celina. We are currently finishing the 4 lane construction all the way through the city. Once complete this will be that match that lights the fuse. I would not be surprised if Celina skips 4A DI and move directly to 5A DII in the next alignment. If not then the one after that for sure. The times are a changin!

orange machine
12-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Growth will escalate quickly. New home permits are expected to be in excess of 500 per year. There are several communities breaking ground with a total tax base build out of around 10,000 homes. The largest will add to Celina's tax base but is aligned with Prosper ISD. It is my understanding that Celina HS will grow to capacity around 2500 students and then another school will be built toward Weston. Celina is about 9K in population now. I expect that to double in the next 3 years or so. I have a friend that was part of the economic development council and was at a conference in Las Vegas where 135 businesses expressed expansion interest into Celina. We are currently finishing the 4 lane construction all the way through the city. Once complete this will be that match that lights the fuse. I would not be surprised if Celina skips 4A DI and move directly to 5A DII in the next alignment. If not then the one after that for sure. The times are a changin!

The one thing that could tap the breaks is a massive economic down turn which will happen by this time next year. I'm afraid this time next year things will look pretty grave.

orange machine
12-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Expect our economy to be the worst it's been since the depression which will be worse then it was in the 20 ' s with our life styles.

Aggie98
12-09-2014, 11:09 AM

Your current High School can hold 2500 and there's only 700 in it now? That's a bit strange.

gatordaze
12-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Your current High School can hold 2500 and there's only 700 in it now? That's a bit strange.

Not at all, it was just built. It is configured for 1500 now and has expansion to 2500 if enrollment dictates. Why would you build a school with no growth potential?

gatordaze
12-09-2014, 11:20 AM
The one thing that could tap the breaks is a massive economic down turn which will happen by this time next year. I'm afraid this time next year things will look pretty grave.

That optimistic! What if it does not happen? Should we stop in advance? Same thing happened after 9/11 and here we are.

North Texas economy will be one of the last impacted and will actually grow in the short term as people relocate to a relatively better economic environment.

Consider Toyota just relocated 8,000 jobs 10 - 12 miles from Celina.