View Full Version : Argyle Graham "The Rematch"

Pages : 1 [2]

BwdLions
12-11-2014, 07:13 PM
Implying I was serious

You never know.

LEFAN80
12-11-2014, 07:52 PM
I sae Graham on film against argyle and Graham wouldn't matchup well with LE at all lol they are better equipped for Argyle it would've went something like Canyon in 2006 they probably will never see that type of speed in Region 1.

BTW for you people who are acting like LE is irrelevant look us up we have plenty of hardware.

That being said I'll take Argyle by 7

bearbear78
12-11-2014, 07:57 PM
I sae Graham on film against argyle and Graham wouldn't matchup well with LE at all lol they are better equipped for Argyle it would've went something like Canyon in 2006 they probably will never see that type of speed in Region 1.

BTW for you people who are acting like LE is irrelevant look us up we have plenty of hardware.

At this point LE is irrelevant, they lost to Argyle and are not in the final 8, so they dont matter, hardware or not, seasons over.

bearbear78
12-11-2014, 08:07 PM
What channel is the game televised on?

toddg
12-11-2014, 08:11 PM
What channel is the game televised on? channel 21, probably be aired at 11pm

Eagle Nation
12-11-2014, 08:17 PM
channel 21, probably be aired at 11pm
Pregamd show @ 7. Live broadcast @ 7:30

toddg
12-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Pregamd show @ 7. Live broadcast @ 7:30 did they change the rules for tv broadcasts for hs football on fridays?

Eagle Nation
12-11-2014, 08:22 PM
did they change the rules for tv broadcasts for hs football on fridays?

Not sure. Just what I've heard this week and seen on e-mails.

toddg
12-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Not sure. Just what I've heard this week and seen on e-mails.cool. right bout time i get home from work!

toddg
12-11-2014, 08:28 PM
At this point LE is irrelevant, they lost to Argyle and are not in the final 8, so they dont matter, hardware or not, seasons over.
hey! i work with a guy from Graham, says he has known you for years..says you are a helluva nice guy!! LOL! Terry says HI!!

Tink4392
12-11-2014, 08:29 PM

Too bad that was 12 weeks ago! Graham is a lot better since the and so is argyle I imagine.

JVDAD
12-11-2014, 08:35 PM
The Great Confuse-Us says: "He who lay ball on ground plays basketball on Monday"

LEFAN80
12-11-2014, 08:38 PM
Good luck to Argyle tomorrow hope both teams are injury free. Let's go region 2. Bring home both titles!

regaleagle
12-11-2014, 08:54 PM
This time tomorrow night in Aledo the stadium will be buzzing with anticipation as the kickoff gets the battle underway. It will be two of the top 4A teams in a clash to determine which team will advance to the State Championship the following week. Both teams are very similar in the way they play. I believe those in attendance will see a great game full of action and good quality football. Whichever team can take advantage and capitalize on the mistakes of the other will get the upper hand, but that may not be enough. I see a back & forth affair here, with both defenses working hard to keep the other's offense out of the endzone. The offenses will eventually have their way, though.....but not without some serious defensive stops along the way. Might even see a field goal or two. Special teams should play a considerable role in this matchup, as both teams have very good ones. I'm really looking forward to this game.....it's just a puredee toss-up in my mind. BUT.....you just never know what can happen in the course of a football game, esp. one like this with so much on the line. Will it be fireworks right outta the gate? Or will the defenses dig in and force punts and turnovers in the first quarter? I know both teams would like to shut down the other's offense completely, but I don't think that will happen. These two teams are too balanced offensively for that to happen.....regardless of how stingy or physical their defenses may be. Remember.....the offense always knows what the play is....and the defense can only react to the action. I look for a very close game with a score for the winning team in the mid-thirties.....well below Argyle's season average and below Graham's as well. Good luck to both teams tomorrow evening and I pray that any injuries sustained may be very minor. Safe travels to all to and from the game. It's been a fun season for both schools, and the excitement is at a fever pitch and growing. I know I'm even starting to get excited, LOL.

LEFAN80
12-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Good luck to Argyle tomorrow hope both teams are injury free. Let's go region 2. Bring home both titles!

One more post I see how one team is boasting about being so much better... Quick question LOL do u think the other team has not progressed JS!

leftypaw81
12-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Good luck to both teams! Please remain injury free and show good sportsmanship!
Graham by 3

bearbear78
12-11-2014, 10:02 PM
hey! i work with a guy from Graham, says he has known you for years..says you are a helluva nice guy!! LOL! Terry says HI!!
Awesome...I know a few Terrys but they are all good guys. Tell him hello back. I done a lot of well servicing in Alvarado back when the barnett was booming. Good town and all the people I knew there were nice folks.

regaleagle
12-11-2014, 10:38 PM
I clicked onto the stadium again at Texas Bob and it shows great weather for tomorrow....72 for the high and 54 for the low. GO GET EM EAGLES!!!!

ccmom
12-11-2014, 11:40 PM
I like Aledo's stadium...just not fond of the getting in and out part (but it was 2008 when I was there so maybe it's different now).
It was a great atmosphere, though and tomorrow night it'll be rocking!! Well, at least on the Grahan side. Have the Argyle fans been bringing bigger crowds than previous years?

Wish I could make the game but I'll be listening intently with a goblet in hand! An Argyle win wouldn't shock many, but I'm calling for the Steers to shock the Eagles and end their winning streak! I'm on the bandwagon...and my goblet is too!! Steers by 10! I could be wrong, but the game will be good and so will the wine!! ;)

bearbear78
12-11-2014, 11:48 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/11/18a091b427e75477e620c12e0c2afc97.jpg

hollywood
12-12-2014, 12:21 AM
Best place for a halftime M&G is on the north side next to the Aledo State Championship monuments.

Next to these!
http://fwtx.com/sites/default/files/styles/620x350/public/null/AledoFootballStadium407.jpg?itok=uG2hjwB0

Monuments are on the North end. The bottom righthand side of this picture on the home side.
http://vlkarchitects.com/sites/default/files/VLK-Architects-Aledo-Bearcat-Stadium-1.jpg

Inmateboss
12-12-2014, 12:23 AM
I like Aledo's stadium...just not fond of the getting in and out part (but it was 2008 when I was there so maybe it's different now).
It was a great atmosphere, though and tomorrow night it'll be rocking!! Well, at least on the Grahan side. Have the Argyle fans been bringing bigger crowds than previous years?

Wish I could make the game but I'll be listening intently with a goblet in hand! An Argyle win wouldn't shock many, but I'm calling for the Steers to shock the Eagles and end their winning streak! I'm on the bandwagon...and my goblet is too!! Steers by 10! I could be wrong, but the game will be good and so will the wine!! ;)

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/11/39ba0f23c464a65c5ba2bae243506bae.jpg

Have one for me!! Rest easy about the Game!! Argyle ain't going !!! Cheers "Tink"!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - inmateboss

regaleagle
12-12-2014, 12:29 AM
Pigskin Preps has Argyle by 3 and Padilla has Graham by 2. Grant & Terry are divided, but both have it either way by less than a touchdown. I will go with my Eagles to pull out another one by 3. Maybe it goes into overtime??? :crazy1:

Inmateboss
12-12-2014, 12:31 AM
Pigskin Preps has Argyle by 3 and Padilla has Graham by 2. Grant & Terry are divided, but both have it either way by less than a touchdown. I will go with my Eagles to pull out another one by 3. Maybe it goes into overtime??? :crazy1:

I've got Graham by 7, does that help ya!

regaleagle
12-12-2014, 12:33 AM
There were 2 Steers standing on a hill looking up at the sky.....and one says to the other.....Here comes them darn Eagles again!!!!

bearbear78
12-12-2014, 12:36 AM
There were 2 Steers standing on a hill looking up at the sky.....and one says to the other.....Here comes them darn Eagles again!!!!
Second.Steer replies back "pluck em"...."this is our year"

Inmateboss
12-12-2014, 12:37 AM

And the Eagles flew round and round and just couldn't do anything with those pesky Steers, so the Eagles didn't get to go again!!

Inmateboss
12-12-2014, 12:39 AM

Hahahaha right!!

hollywood
12-12-2014, 12:49 AM

Regal, can you make the M&G? Would be nice to meet ya!

hollywood
12-12-2014, 12:49 AM

Pregame cheers bear?

hollywood
12-12-2014, 12:50 AM

Have one for me!! Rest easy about the Game!! Argyle ain't going !!! Cheers "Tink"!!

LOL... Now that looks disgusting!

leftypaw81
12-12-2014, 12:52 AM
Graham by 3.

hollywood
12-12-2014, 12:56 AM
Someone from Graham bring me an authentic Graham Steers baseball cap and I'll wear it! The real deal. I'll have $

toddg
12-12-2014, 01:19 AM
Steers by 14 and I ain't kidding, Graham on a roll!

regaleagle
12-12-2014, 02:03 AM
Regal, can you make the M&G? Would be nice to meet ya!

Sure thing, compadre......at those iconic State Medallions at the half, right?

RPF2666
12-12-2014, 07:31 AM
Good luck to both team (and towns) tonight. Should be a dandy...!!!

firstdown
12-12-2014, 08:36 AM

Bear you're a pain in the arse.....but that's funny

BwdLion73
12-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Friday is here. Guess I will listen to Matt and Rick on the feed as they pray for extra points...;)

Good Luck to our neighbors in Graham we will be rooting for you.

Deuce
12-12-2014, 08:58 AM
Game day men!!

Pudlugger
12-12-2014, 09:25 AM
This will be a very good game and the winner will be by 7 points or less. Toss up imo. I'll go with Argyle by a smidgeon as they seem to be the charmed team this year.

eaglesfan34
12-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Should be an instant classic. Listen online http://www.meridix.com/everywhere.php?liveid=sportsgram9

Ragin Red
12-12-2014, 09:43 AM
This time tomorrow night in Aledo the stadium will be buzzing with anticipation as the kickoff gets the battle underway. It will be two of the top 4A teams in a clash to determine which team will advance to the State Championship the following week. Both teams are very similar in the way they play. I believe those in attendance will see a great game full of action and good quality football. Whichever team can take advantage and capitalize on the mistakes of the other will get the upper hand, but that may not be enough. I see a back & forth affair here, with both defenses working hard to keep the other's offense out of the endzone. The offenses will eventually have their way, though.....but not without some serious defensive stops along the way. Might even see a field goal or two. Special teams should play a considerable role in this matchup, as both teams have very good ones. I'm really looking forward to this game.....it's just a puredee toss-up in my mind. BUT.....you just never know what can happen in the course of a football game, esp. one like this with so much on the line. Will it be fireworks right outta the gate? Or will the defenses dig in and force punts and turnovers in the first quarter? I know both teams would like to shut down the other's offense completely, but I don't think that will happen. These two teams are too balanced offensively for that to happen.....regardless of how stingy or physical their defenses may be. Remember.....the offense always knows what the play is....and the defense can only react to the action. I look for a very close game with a score for the winning team in the mid-thirties.....well below Argyle's season average and below Graham's as well. Good luck to both teams tomorrow evening and I pray that any injuries sustained may be very minor. Safe travels to all to and from the game. It's been a fun season for both schools, and the excitement is at a fever pitch and growing. I know I'm even starting to get excited, LOL.

VERY NICE POST:clap::2thumbsup

Ragin Red
12-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Someone from Graham bring me an authentic Graham Steers baseball cap and I'll wear it! The real deal. I'll have $

What size do you wear? I'll see if they have any.

Deuce
12-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Yeah, we are all clear that Graham hasn't won the final game of a football season. The last 2 years, we have just simply ran into better teams. At the end of the day about 99% of schools in 4A would love to have the success that Graham has had over the last 5 years though.
I would be at the front of the line to say that I didn't think we would have this kind of success this year after loosing so many playmakers from last years squad. This group has faced the challenges though and are in position to make a run for the big prize. They are definitely battle tested and have the confidence to get it done after huge wins over Wyle and Ville.
We all know that you are not going to completely shut Ralston down. He is a monster and one of the best backs in the state. I think our boys just have to limit the amount of damage from him. Argyle has plenty of playmakers but he is the go to guy.
Graham's defense has been pretty incredible the last few weeks and I look forward to more of that tonight. The offense has been able to control the ball really well in the playoffs. The turnovers were their downfall in the previous meeting with Argyle this year. Your not going to beat a team of Argyle's caliber with that many turnovers. It's going to be a hell of a smash mouth football game and I can't wait!

Graham pulls off the upset by 2!!

Tink4392
12-12-2014, 10:37 AM

That looks like some nasty crap but Cheers Inmateboss!

bearbear78
12-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Pregame cheers bear?
Going.to try but the schedule for today so far is looking like ill be holding the pedal down on the duramax to get there in time

bearbear78
12-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Bear you're a pain in the arse.....but that's funny

Man, thats a compliment , brought tears to my eyes man.....did we just become friends.

Lol, I have a good time here with all you fellers

bearbear78
12-12-2014, 10:48 AM
We gonna do this right, im bringing you the whole ole blue mascot suit to wear

Slick50
12-12-2014, 10:52 AM
We gonna do this right, im bringing you the whole ole blue mascot suit to wear

That would be pretty funny

Aguilafanatico
12-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Yeah, we are all clear that Graham hasn't won the final game of a football season. The last 2 years, we have just simply ran into better teams. At the end of the day about 99% of schools in 4A would love to have the success that Graham has had over the last 5 years though.
I would be at the front of the line to say that I didn't think we would have this kind of success this year after loosing so many playmakers from last years squad. This group has faced the challenges though and are in position to make a run for the big prize. They are definitely battle tested and have the confidence to get it done after huge wins over Wyle and Ville.
We all know that you are not going to completely shut Ralston down. He is a monster and one of the best backs in the state. I think our boys just have to limit the amount of damage from him. Argyle has plenty of playmakers but he is the go to guy.
Graham's defense has been pretty incredible the last few weeks and I look forward to more of that tonight. The offense has been able to control the ball really well in the playoffs. The turnovers were their downfall in the previous meeting with Argyle this year. Your not going to beat a team of Argyle's caliber with that many turnovers. It's going to be a hell of a smash mouth football game and I can't wait!

Graham pulls off the upset by 2!!

Nice post Deuce. I understand how this works. We can banter all week long on this board but when push comes to shove, Argyllians will back the Eagles and Grahamites will back the Steers. There is no convincing when most of us have a dog in the fight. In the end, I expect a very competitive game and ultimately, a very good team will be coming out on top, just as a very good team will be done. Just the way it is in Texas High School football. If you want a state championship, you have to earn it here. I fully expect an Eagles win but am not silly enough not to know that a loss is a possibility. No score predictions here but I am confident that this Eagles bunch moves on.

bearbear78
12-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Nice post Deuce. I understand how this works. We can banter all week long on this board but when push comes to shove, Argyllians will back the Eagles and Grahamites will back the Steers. There is no convincing when most of us have a dog in the fight. In the end, I expect a very competitive game and ultimately, a very good team will be coming out on top, just as a very good team will be done. Just the way it is in Texas High School football. If you want a state championship, you have to earn it here. I fully expect an Eagles win but am not silly enough not to know that a loss is a possibility. No score predictions here but I am confident that this Eagles bunch moves on.
Dammit.....true post, except for the last sentence.

Tink4392
12-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Dammit.....true post, except for the last sentence.

LOL I love your style Bear! Hope to get to meet you tonight!

Deuce
12-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Best place for a halftime M&G is on the north side next to the Aledo State Championship monuments.

Next to these!
http://fwtx.com/sites/default/files/styles/620x350/public/null/AledoFootballStadium407.jpg?itok=uG2hjwB0

Monuments are on the North end. The bottom righthand side of this picture on the home side.
http://vlkarchitects.com/sites/default/files/VLK-Architects-Aledo-Bearcat-Stadium-1.jpg

For whatever reason, I never make it to the meet and greet but I will try to get there tonight. See if I can get Slick 50 out of the bar and to it as well!

Bullaholic
12-12-2014, 12:22 PM
The great thing about M&G's is that you find folks who you think would be a little rough to take always end up being nice people---everytime....along with everyone else.

leftypaw81
12-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Who is the home team?

ccmom
12-12-2014, 12:30 PM

Next to these!

When we were there in 2008, there was an iron fence on the other side of that big ticket office building that would not allow you to cross over on the concourse. We had our meet and greet on the fence line...which kept garciap77 from kicking someone's arse so it worked out well. ;)

Maybe that fence isn't there anymore...I don't know. Y'all have fun!!

Eagle Nation
12-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Who is the home team?

Graham

regaleagle
12-12-2014, 12:56 PM
We have finally reached that time in this year's football season for real drama on the Gridiron of Glory to be played out under the Friday Night Lights on fields all across the State. Tonite's matchup between Argyle and Graham will be just one of them.....but one with tons of drama. Will the Graham Steers be able to corral Argyle's premier RB Nick Ralston and keep him from scoring at will? Can Argyle's offense continue to score on a very stingy and physical defense like the Steers have this season? Will Argyle's defense be able to stop Landry Turner and the rest of the Graham offense enough to secure another win? Or will the Graham Steers finally end Argyle's 30-game winning streak tonite with a big victory and the right to advance to the State Championship game at AT&T Stadium next week? This is the kind of game that makes Texas High School football so magnetic to thousands of football junkies across this great state, folks. Regardless of the final result, you can rest assured every seat in the Aledo Bearcat Stadium will be filled with rabid football fans cheering on their team in an exciting battle for football supremacy. The best part is I'll be one of those fans. GO EAGLES!!!

regaleagle
12-12-2014, 01:14 PM
I'll be heading out in a couple of hours to beat some of the Ft. Worth Friday traffic. I'll be happy to meet and greet whomover I can at the North end by the State Medallions at the half. I hope there's no longer a divider fence there like ccmom pointed out, but if there is we can just talk across the fence like Grahamites know how to do anyways, LOL.

bearbear78
12-12-2014, 02:52 PM
i'll be heading out in a couple of hours to beat some of the ft. Worth friday traffic. I'll be happy to meet and greet whomover i can at the north end by the state medallions at the half. I hope there's no longer a divider fence there like ccmom pointed out, but if there is we can just talk across the fence like grahamites know how to do anyways, lol.

lol...

Tom Foolery
12-12-2014, 03:15 PM
Going.to try but the schedule for today so far is looking like ill be holding the pedal down on the duramax to get there in time

I feel ya bearbear. Got this Prius unwound trying to get there.

Ragin Red
12-12-2014, 03:20 PM
I'll be heading out in a couple of hours to beat some of the Ft. Worth Friday traffic. I'll be happy to meet and greet whomover I can at the North end by the State Medallions at the half. I hope there's no longer a divider fence there like ccmom pointed out, but if there is we can just talk across the fence like Grahamites know how to do anyways, LOL.

That's funny

bearbear78
12-12-2014, 03:22 PM
I feel ya bearbear. Got this Prius unwound trying to get there.
We can just set the prius in the back of mine and get you there faster if ya want...ill get my ramps! Lol, I had a prius rental car once as a rental from the airport, if you knew me youd know it was quite a sight...I parked in the alley behind my house so nobody would see me.

Aguilafanatico
12-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Well time to crank up the Fusion and head to the pregame. Loaded up with an ice cheats full of Mich Ultras, here we come.

bearbear78
12-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Well time to crank up the Fusion and head to the pregame. Loaded up with an ice cheats full of Mich Ultras, here we come.
Youll need something with a bit more kick by halftime.....us cedar hackers roll with shine whiskey, hit us up

leftypaw81
12-12-2014, 04:26 PM
I've got a mustang , I'll see yall there.

bearbear78
12-12-2014, 04:48 PM
I've got a mustang , I'll see yall there.

6 or 8?

bearbear78
12-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Screw it..im riding my miniature donkey to the game, nobody's topping that!

Jchristian
12-12-2014, 05:43 PM
Is it being televised or not?

Eagle Nation
12-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Is it being televised or not?

I was told channel 21 @ 730.

Jchristian
12-12-2014, 05:50 PM
Ok, thanks! It's not listed in my Dish network guide but I'm gonna record everything from 7:30 to 11:30.
I'm going up to WF to watch Canadian and Mart. Sure would like to come home and watch Arg & Graham!

Slick50
12-12-2014, 05:58 PM
I spotted regal I think. Yep just talked to him at railhead. Damn nice guy

leftypaw81
12-12-2014, 06:27 PM
An 8

bearbear78
12-12-2014, 07:11 PM
An 8

Yeah, thats a beast

83Indian
12-12-2014, 07:44 PM
I'll give Graham the kiss of death and take them by 3. I just think it's their time. No disrespect to Argyle. I think the Argyle defense is a little weaker than past years but anything can happen. Good luck to both teams.

CP3Dad
12-12-2014, 08:45 PM
TV coverage going to ruin this atmosphere

bearbear78
12-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Holy crap!!!! These refs

JVDAD
12-12-2014, 09:30 PM
What chapter? Wichita Falls by chance?

bearbear78
12-12-2014, 09:38 PM
What chapter? Wichita Falls by chance?

Not sure but they are freaking killin us.

Jchristian
12-12-2014, 09:40 PM
28-7 Canadian over Mart at Half.

hollywood
12-12-2014, 09:45 PM
M&G at entrance

bearbear78
12-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Omg these damn refs just robbed us big time

bearbear78
12-12-2014, 10:31 PM
Liberally just grabbed our guys face mask and jerked his helmet off.....lowsy ref stands there..no flag

Pudlugger
12-12-2014, 11:21 PM
This will be a very good game and the winner will be by 7 points or less. Toss up imo. I'll go with Argyle by a smidgeon as they seem to be the charmed team this year.

Congratulations Eagles. Pretty much the way I thought it would go. Great season Graham! Good luck next week Argyle.

JVDAD
12-12-2014, 11:22 PM
Good luck Argyle against the Rattlers! Great season Graham!

toddg
12-12-2014, 11:23 PM
Great game!!! Both teams played like champions...that's Texas High School football at its finest!!

bobcat1
12-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Awesome Season Graham! Good luck next week Argyle!

Inmateboss
12-12-2014, 11:26 PM
Got screwed by the refs again!! That was a terrible call !! He was in bounds by 2 feet it's not like he was on the line !!

ccmom
12-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Congrats Eagles...

What a heartbreaker for the Steers after another exceptional season! Rattler and BearBear, you and your sons have much to be proud of!!

garageoffice
12-12-2014, 11:31 PM
Got screwed by the refs again!! That was a terrible call !! He was in bounds by 2 feet it's not like he was on the line !!

They actually said he stepped out of bounds on the route and came back in to make the catch. I was watching on TV and the ref threw his hat down as the catch was being made and came running up the sideline signalling.

Slick50
12-12-2014, 11:34 PM
Great game. Congrats Eagles

LEFAN80
12-12-2014, 11:48 PM

Something similar happen to us but it was a Pass interference call that was picked up but, any who congrats Argyle!

Just as I thought your defense match up better with these guys good luck next week

Celina8
12-12-2014, 11:55 PM
Congratulations Argyle and great season Graham! Sounds like it was an exciting game.

defense51
12-13-2014, 12:00 AM
Steers fans, I tried to will the Steers to win... :dispntd: Congrats to Argyle on the win and Graham for a great season!

#1 TEXAN
12-13-2014, 12:06 AM
Good luck in the ship Agyle.

#1 TEXAN
12-13-2014, 12:07 AM
Can anyone explain why Graham never tried to score in the first half?

YTBulldogs
12-13-2014, 12:10 AM
They actually said he stepped out of bounds on the route and came back in to make the catch. I was watching on TV and the ref threw his hat down as the catch was being made and came running up the sideline signalling.

Great call.:clap: They did a heck of a job.

regaleagle
12-13-2014, 01:21 AM
Yippee....just got rehooked from my suite at the Winstar. Can't believe Argyle is undefeated and going back to Jerryworld. It was a hard-fought battle tonite but the Eagles defense rose to the occasion with big stops on 3rd and 4th downs all night. That was the difference in the game. Both teams defenses greatly limited the other's offensive output, but it was still a very exciting game to watch. I think it was the right thing to do when Argyle kicked the last field goal with the ball at the 2 yd. line on 4th down. It was 2 yds. for a TD, and about 1.5 for a firstdown. But with only 1:50 on the clock, the field goal was the right call. Graham was marching at the very end, but was still too far out of field goal range and running out of time. Then the interception iced it for Argyle and the celebration ensued on the Argyle side of the field. Great season for a really good team this season once again for the Graham Steers. They were able to limit Ralston severely, but not all the Eagles weaponry. IMO, I think the Argyle defense was responsible for this win tonite.....they must've got tired of hearing about all the points they've allowed in the past two playoff games, haha. Tonite they played much better. Congrats to the Graham Steers on a great effort and another great season. And congrats to my Arygle Eagles and Coach Rodgers and his staff for just an unbelievable run this season. Next stop is Jerryworld next Friday. I'll be there.

Deuce
12-13-2014, 02:03 AM
Congrats to Argyle! Best defense we played all year. Go win it all!!

Proud of the Steers. Not real proud of our play calling though!

gully81
12-13-2014, 03:37 AM
Not sure what to think of this game.
Looked like horrible play calling from Graham. I felt they could have passed on Argyle all game. To me play calling lost this one.
Even with the turnovers I still think they could have overcame them by just throwing the ball. Not sure why they don't get the ball to #15 more.
Graham completely let this one go.
I see no way that Argyle can stay with Navasota.

Aguilafanatico
12-13-2014, 03:53 AM
Argyle D maybe better than advertised. Great win Eagles. Kudos to graham. Great game!

Aguilafanatico
12-13-2014, 04:48 AM
At this stage it's more about keeping someone else from going ! Yall ain't going!!

We going!!!

Aguilafanatico
12-13-2014, 04:50 AM
That's the same thing we heard last week about the vaunted offense of Stephenville too many weapons. Good luck this week you're gonna need it.

Guess we got it.

Aguilafanatico
12-13-2014, 04:51 AM
Can anyone explain why Graham never tried to score in the first half?

Cause they couldn't??

sundog
12-13-2014, 06:33 AM
Cause they couldn't??
I have been watching this string since it started. I read that Graham was going to shut Argyle down and shut Ralston down. Based on what I saw on TV, I guess the first half was kind of like that. But, does eveyone that is complaining about calls, etc., realize that with the game tied and on the line, that 1/3 of Ralston's total 150 yards came on their last drive that they got the winning field goal on? Ralston carried the ball 7 of those 8 plays for 52 yards to set up the field goal....and he had the first down on his last carry...bad spot. Graham knew who would get the ball, and Ralston ran it right down their throat...period....I think I will move my kids to Argyle.

bearbear78
12-13-2014, 07:52 AM
Guess we got it.
Yeah in the form of three horrible zebras. Nobody expects argyle to admit that so no worries. Those officials wont be in arlington though.

Aja
12-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Yeah in the form of three horrible zebras. Nobody expects argyle to admit that so no worries. Those officials wont be in arlington though.

And neither will you.

RPF2666
12-13-2014, 09:05 AM

Sounds like a great game, one had to win and one had to lose... Good Luck Argyle!

JVDAD
12-13-2014, 09:34 AM

Come on big fella your better than that. Both AW and SV had some serious screw ups that cost them a shot.....no complaining from those teams. Belly up to the crow, it's not that bad with a little nacho cheese!

Slick50
12-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Not gonna get on here and bash. Wish we would have won but so be it. Another great game to watch and a great season for our young men, just came up short. Congrats to Argyle!!

hollywood
12-13-2014, 09:44 AM
Congrats Argyle on anther solid win. Great season Graham.

I was thinking Graham had the momentum going into this game. After watching th rematch. It was a little closer this time but same outcome. Argyle is just the better team... Barely. Can't blame refs IMO. Graham offense played very conservative and appeared to play not to lose instead of played to win. No shame in that. Difference makers.. Argyle's O-line and Argyle's kicker.

lostaussie
12-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Congrats to Argyle on the win. See you guys next week. Lots of Gilmer folks root against you because y'all were such a thorn in our side for so long. I'm not one of them. I like the way your coaches coach and your players play. You do it the right way!!

Graham......dang it.....I really thought this was going to be you guys year. I told Bobcat1 on the phone yesterday that I needed to change my pick because I thought that defense was going to be good enough to beat Argyle and Nav. Sounded like a very exciting game and congrats to all the Steers on a wonderful season.

JVDAD
12-13-2014, 09:51 AM
Congrats Graham offense played very conservative and appeared to play not to lose instead of played to win. No shame in that. Difference makers.. Argyle's O-line and Argyle's kicker.
I am certainly no coach but why do you think this is? I have thought the same thing in several of our games this season? Guess I just don't get the "big" picture?

Celina8
12-13-2014, 10:36 AM
To beat a team twice in the same season when that team is very very good, well that pretty much says everything you need to know about Argyle. No disrespect to Graham as you have a great team , but just wow Argyle!

bearbear78
12-13-2014, 10:38 AM
And neither will you.

Says who? You? Lol

bearbear78
12-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Not gonna get on here and bash. Wish we would have won but so be it. Another great game to watch and a great season for our young men, just came up short. Congrats to Argyle!!

Slick , im not bashing those players, but those refs, damn right, that was horrible. At this level for officials to be that dang careless , its just crap. Argyle Eagles played hard like we did, the officials were peewee ready at best.

Aguilafanatico
12-13-2014, 10:45 AM

No crying from us on the obvious missed pick call on one of Graham's TDs. I believe Graham was the beneficiary of most of the calls last night. Come on Bearbear, it was a great game and Argyle was just better. No shame in that. Graham played a great game but as I have said before, this team is resilient as heck and just refuses to lose. No panic and uber confident. They just don't blink when it's "winning time".

Aguilafanatico
12-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Yippee....just got rehooked from my suite at the Winstar. Can't believe Argyle is undefeated and going back to Jerryworld. It was a hard-fought battle tonite but the Eagles defense rose to the occasion with big stops on 3rd and 4th downs all night. That was the difference in the game. Both teams defenses greatly limited the other's offensive output, but it was still a very exciting game to watch. I think it was the right thing to do when Argyle kicked the last field goal with the ball at the 2 yd. line on 4th down. It was 2 yds. for a TD, and about 1.5 for a firstdown. But with only 1:50 on the clock, the field goal was the right call. Graham was marching at the very end, but was still too far out of field goal range and running out of time. Then the interception iced it for Argyle and the celebration ensued on the Argyle side of the field. Great season for a really good team this season once again for the Graham Steers. They were able to limit Ralston severely, but not all the Eagles weaponry. IMO, I think the Argyle defense was responsible for this win tonite.....they must've got tired of hearing about all the points they've allowed in the past two playoff games, haha. Tonite they played much better. Congrats to the Graham Steers on a great effort and another great season. And congrats to my Arygle Eagles and Coach Rodgers and his staff for just an unbelievable run this season. Next stop is Jerryworld next Friday. I'll be there.

Nice to finally meet you Regal! You saw a good one.

YTBulldogs
12-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Slick , im not bashing those players, but those refs, damn right, that was horrible. At this level for officials to be that dang careless , its just crap. Argyle Eagles played hard like we did, the officials were peewee ready at best.

Was this a 5-man or 7-man crew?

Aguilafanatico
12-13-2014, 11:20 AM

Nice meeting you Slick!

bobcat1
12-13-2014, 11:34 AM
Congrats to Argyle on the win. See you guys next week. Lots of Gilmer folks root against you because y'all were such a thorn in our side for so long. I'm not one of them. I like the way your coaches coach and your players play. You do it the right way!!

Graham......dang it.....I really thought this was going to be you guys year. I told Bobcat1 on the phone yesterday that I needed to change my pick because I thought that defense was going to be good enough to beat Argyle and Nav. Sounded like a very exciting game and congrats to all the Steers on a wonderful season.
That's a fact. I thought Graham had found it's legs against Stephenville. I kinda knew it would be close but thought maybe Graham might be able to do it. The 4th quarter running of Ralston proved to be the deciding factor and then the interception to end the game was icing on the cake. Great Season Steers! Hold your heads high. You left it all out there. Good luck Argylians!

Deuce
12-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Was this a 5-man or 7-man crew?

Doesn't matter. We got beat. IMO it had more to with our play calling! I take nothing away from Argyle. Classy group of kids. Hated to be on the losing end but glad to say that I got to witness a hell of a defensive battle!!

Aja
12-13-2014, 12:49 PM
Doesn't matter. We got beat. IMO it had more to with our play calling! I take nothing away from Argyle. Classy group of kids. Hated to be on the losing end but glad to say that I got to witness a hell of a defensive battle!!

This is the class I like to see...not crying about the officials!

YTBulldogs
12-13-2014, 12:53 PM

It does matter when I hear about pick plays not getting called. Today's game with spread offenses and amazing speed is just too much for a 5-man crew to cover properly. There is a reason colleges use 7-man crews. I just think, when you get this deep in the playoffs, 7-man crews should be used, all classifications. All the TASO chapters can provide them, this deep in playoffs.

Sville
12-13-2014, 01:05 PM
I have been watching this string since it started. I read that Graham was going to shut Argyle down and shut Ralston down. Based on what I saw on TV, I guess the first half was kind of like that. But, does eveyone that is complaining about calls, etc., realize that with the game tied and on the line, that 1/3 of Ralston's total 150 yards came on their last drive that they got the winning field goal on? Ralston carried the ball 7 of those 8 plays for 52 yards to set up the field goal....and he had the first down on his last carry...bad spot. Graham knew who would get the ball, and Ralston ran it right down their throat...period....I think I will move my kids to Argyle.

Bush league comment, to not have posted on this thread then show up after and try to serve crow.

Sville
12-13-2014, 01:11 PM
I watched the 2nd half and it was a fantastic game and great representive of txhsfb. I didn't have a problem with Graham's play calling that is who they have been all year. The one ref call on the pass play late looked like a good call to me. The ref had his hat off meaning the player had come from out of bounds to catch the ball and had not restablished himself before the catch.

Great season Steers and good luck next week Argyle against who I think is the best team in all of 4A.

bearbear78
12-13-2014, 01:25 PM
This is the class I like to see...not crying about the officials!
Lol....they say you cant fix stupid, youre proof. Its BS to have to try and overcome bad refs for a team in the semis....I expect the refs to be above average at this level. These refs were a joke. Would the game have ended differently NOBODY knows, but id bet it would have. Whos crying other than the likes of you? I tell it is and dont hold back. I look ya right in the eye and say what I think, whether youre a lil sensitive sally or youre king kong, I dont care. If you think thats crying then your definitely on the sensitive nancy side rather than the king kong side. Not my fault those type get their feeling hurt so easy. Some dont say whats on their mind, im not in that category.

bearbear78
12-13-2014, 01:28 PM
Ill say it one more time, the eagles played a hell of a game. The refs? I think theyre horrible. The play calling could have been better too. Theres too much on the line at this level of HS football to have less than capable refs on the field.

Caveman
12-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Can someone tell me how to set up the avitar on this site? Also, how to you post pics?

bearbear78
12-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Ill say it one more time, the eagles played a hell of a game. The refs? I think theyre horrible. The play calling could have been better too. Theres too much on the line at this level of HS football to have less than capable refs on the field.
Oh and trust me, I dont expect the Argyle fan base to have any problems with last nights officials. That just wont happen. Btw so much for neutral ground, it was funny seeing the food and gas joints advertising 10 percent discounts to the argyle folks coming to town to beat graham, lol@ the metromessers.

YTBulldogs
12-13-2014, 01:35 PM
this level of HS football to have less than capable refs on the field.

Come on bear, give your coach some credit. He picked/agreed to them. Sure they were very capable. Coaches talk across the state and know who's who and from which chapter. I'm sure your coach didn't pick D5's to work this.

YTBulldogs
12-13-2014, 01:40 PM
Oh and trust me, I dont expect the Argyle fan base to have any problems with last nights officials. That just wont happen. Btw so much for neutral ground, it was funny seeing the food and gas joints advertising 10 percent discounts to the argyle folks coming to town to beat graham, lol@ the metromessers.

Just tell them (restaurants) you are from Argyle and get a $1 off your pre-game meal on them. I figured Argyle would warrant at least a 30% discount.

bearbear78
12-13-2014, 01:42 PM
Come on bear, give your coach some credit. He picked/agreed to them. Sure they were very capable. Coaches talk across the state and know who's who and from which chapter. I'm sure your coach didn't pick D5's to work this.
Yep and america picked obama too......obvious that picking who you think is right doesnt guarantee a job well done.

bearbear78
12-13-2014, 01:44 PM
Just tell them (restaurants) you are from Argyle and get a $1 off your pre-game meal on them. I figured Argyle would warrant at least a 30% discount.
Lol, yeah thats not happening.

bobcat1
12-13-2014, 01:46 PM
Can someone tell me how to set up the avitar on this site? Also, how to you post pics?
You have to have a lot of posts to do the avatar. Post picture link from photobucket or some other website between these...

bobcat1
12-13-2014, 01:47 PM
Yep and america picked obama too......obvious that picking who you think is right doesnt guarantee a job well done.
Exactly!

bearbear78
12-13-2014, 01:53 PM
How often are coaches and staff , teachers, principals, etc. fired for piss poor judgement calls or terrible performances? I hate to think the group of refs I saw last night will call future games where a teams moving on depends on their performance and making the right calls. Yes calls get missed but last night it was a band of Stevie Wonders calling the game. With ear plugs in!!!!

YTBulldogs
12-13-2014, 02:04 PM

Still have not heard if this was a 5-man crew or 7-man. Makes a big difference on some of the plays in question that I have heard complained.

In mid-80's, SFOA (now TASO) we went from 4 man crews to five. And, I can assure you those games back then, is nothing compared to formations/speed as it is now. And, add predominately no huddle offenses and faster skilled guys, really makes it challenging to see it all consistently with just 5 guys. And, all coaches want, is consistently from a crew. Never gonna happen with 5 man crews. Not with today's game the way it is. Around 30 years since we went to 5 man crews, it's long over due, to go to 7-man crews. We should cover our HS as colleges cover theirs. I know for a fact, you get a better officiated game (not more flags as some think) when 7 guys box in the 22 players out there, versus just five. Too many things are being missed in today's version of football, I agree. But, give us some help. You should try to cover these type of offenses. I'm sure this crew here, did the best they could.

At least all semi-final games should warrant a 7-man crew at a minimum.

JVDAD
12-13-2014, 02:19 PM
How often are coaches and staff , teachers, principals, etc. fired for piss poor judgement calls or terrible performances? I hate to think the group of refs I saw last night will call future games where a teams moving on depends on their performance and making the right calls. Yes calls get missed but last night it was a band of Stevie Wonders calling the game. With ear plugs in!!!!

Dude give it up you lost, I am sure that the plays in which you feel the refs screwed up were not the only missed opportunities for Graham. I am sure Argyle can rattle off a few botched calls that went your way.

bearbear78
12-13-2014, 02:37 PM
Dude give it up you lost, I am sure that the plays in which you feel the refs screwed up were not the only missed opportunities for Graham. I am sure Argyle can rattle off a few botched calls that went your way.
You.comment on it and dont want a reply ? Hows that make sense?

JVDAD
12-13-2014, 02:50 PM
You.comment on it and dont want a reply ? Hows that make sense?

Comment on what?

slingshot
12-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Dude give it up you lost, I am sure that the plays in which you feel the refs screwed up were not the only missed opportunities for Graham. I am sure Argyle can rattle off a few botched calls that went your way.This. Game is over and Graham lost, Argyle won--now accept your crow and get on with it. Believe me, we didn't like it being over any more than Stephenville, Big Spring or you did... but it is. Fried, BBQ'd or broiled?

bearbear78
12-13-2014, 03:05 PM
This. Game is over and Graham lost, Argyle won--now accept your crow and get on with it. Believe me, we didn't like it being over any more than Stephenville, Big Spring or you did... but it is. Fried, BBQ'd or broiled?

Are you serious? Ima helluva lot tougher than that, serve that sungun raw with feathers!!!!

YTBulldogs
12-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Are you serious? Ima helluva lot tougher than that, serve that sungun raw with feathers!!!!

:thumbsup:

slingshot
12-13-2014, 04:13 PM

There you go! See, wasn't so bad...

I must admit, I really thought Graham had a great shot at beating Argyle and winning it all. Great season Steers!

Bullaholic
12-13-2014, 05:11 PM
Anyone who watched this game last night cannot go away without being impressed by the sheer tenacity and will to win of both of these fine teams. Congrats to the Steers for making 5-6 rounds in the playoffs an annual event when most teams have not even been to a single semi-final. Congrats to a tough, battle-tested, SC-quality Argyle team for yet another hard fought, gutty performance against yet another outstanding team. Best of luck to the Eagles in their quest for back-to-back SC's. You both represent a couple of the finest examples of Texas high school football.

Tejastrue
12-14-2014, 01:08 AM
Agree Bull...I'll be the first to admit I wanted Graham to win this thing but I come away admiring the Argyle tenacity and the ability to will a win. Call it luck..call it incompetent refs..call it good fortune. The bottom line is they are back again. It is something I can appreciate, admire, and give a solid congratulations for making it back to Jerryworld. It will be a game worth watching for any real Texas high school football fan. Heck, all the other 49 states can learn a few things from this...lol

1st and goal
12-14-2014, 09:36 AM
bearbear, I feel your pain. This forum has a long history of jumping on people who gripe about officiating. It is like a pack mentality for some reason. I wish there were ways to "pull a refs card" if they screw up, and make it public knowledge.

There is a clear cut case going on in Oklahoma right now about a game changing call. The refs screwed up, it's documented, and now before a judge in a court. They did not mark off the call properly and I guess the team in question got the short end of the stick and lost the game. Should a couple of men in stripes have the ability to end a teams hopes and dreams? Or a coach and crew getting fired? Possibly the AD too? Last I saw, the playoffs were being held up. The judge was worried that this could be a water shed event and many more games might end up being won or lost in a court room. I see both sides of the coin. In a close game with a low score, every play counts. Holding can be called on every play, and that is a problem. How about the UIL RESET the way an offensive guy can block and call holding anytime fingers grip a jersey. I could go on.

I feel your pain. I understand that anyone can say they should've won on the other 95% of the plays and let the bad 5% called plays not matter. But they do matter IMO.

Aguilafanatico
12-14-2014, 11:20 AM
bearbear, I feel your pain. This forum has a long history of jumping on people who gripe about officiating. It is like a pack mentality for some reason. I wish there were ways to "pull a refs card" if they screw up, and make it public knowledge.

There is a clear cut case going on in Oklahoma right now about a game changing call. The refs screwed up, it's documented, and now before a judge in a court. They did not mark off the call properly and I guess the team in question got the short end of the stick and lost the game. Should a couple of men in stripes have the ability to end a teams hopes and dreams? Or a coach and crew getting fired? Possibly the AD too? Last I saw, the playoffs were being held up. The judge was worried that this could be a water shed event and many more games might end up being won or lost in a court room. I see both sides of the coin. In a close game with a low score, every play counts. Holding can be called on every play, and that is a problem. How about the UIL RESET the way an offensive guy can block and call holding anytime fingers grip a jersey. I could go on.

I feel your pain. I understand that anyone can say they should've won on the other 95% of the plays and let the bad 5% called plays not matter. But they do matter IMO.

Did you see the game? His whining is baseless, that's the argument. It's just sour grapes.

bearbear78
12-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Did you see the game? His whining is baseless, that's the argument. It's just sour grapes.
Whos whining ? Not one single person would expect you or any Argyle fan to say yeah the refs did a poor job. So go on with it , theres no changing it now. You need to worry about Navasota, who is a bad match up for Argyle. Their fans are more arrogant, their team has more weapons, so you need to worry about that one. Graham is saving you some left over crow. Youll disappear after a loss, guys like you make me laugh, you get on here and pop off with words like whining, but thats here. Where were you at the half time M&G? I was right there with Brian, HW, and a few others. Were you there flappin those smackers then? Nope.....ill tell ya how it is without the forum wall to keep me safe, thats the difference between me and you. Navasota passing game = 24+ over the eagles.

bearbear78
12-14-2014, 01:00 PM
Lmao, im sorry but I just gotta laugh some more. Fridays done and cant be changed. Again, why would anyone expect you to say yeah those refs messed up? Better just go prep for the Rattlers.

Caveman
12-14-2014, 01:07 PM
Wow!!! You really need professional help. You realize you're embarrassing your whole community don't you?

bearbear78
12-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Wow!!! You really need professional help. You realize you're embarrassing your whole community don't you?
Yeah I tried telling him the same thing Cavedude, but he just doesnt wanna go forward and worry about the Navasota game. Maybe you can get him on track.....as for your attempt to troll and fire up an emotional debate, youre not too prepared. Practice a bit first. You cant even troll good, so move along.

bearbear78
12-14-2014, 01:21 PM

Embarrassing? Arent you the same new poster that was boasting about the move in you guys have and are expecting a few pages back? Guess you didnt realize your people have been here quite some time trying to convince others the eagles had all been in diapers and preschool together!!! How long did it take for you to get a message from the "hometown" folks saying " SHUT YO PIE HOLE CAVE DUDE"!!!!!!! Lol

Caveman
12-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Embarrassing? Arent you the same new poster that was boasting about the move in you guys have and are expecting a few pages back? Guess you didnt realize your people have been here quite some time trying to convince others the eagles had all been in diapers and preschool together!!! How long did it take for you to get a message from the "hometown" folks saying " SHUT YO PIE HOLE CAVE DUDE"!!!!!!! Lol

Yep. Really embarrassing. I feel very sorry for the other Graham posters who have a lot of class. Love your team and your players, guys. I just don't know what say about this guy.

bearbear78
12-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Yep. Really embarrassing. I feel very sorry for the other Graham posters who have a lot of class. Love your team and your players, guys. I just don't know what say about this guy.
Still weak dude....are you just wanting to get an internet rile? Keep practicing. How many Graham posters do you KNOW?

Aguilafanatico
12-14-2014, 01:42 PM
Whos whining ? Not one single person would expect you or any Argyle fan to say yeah the refs did a poor job. So go on with it , theres no changing it now. You need to worry about Navasota, who is a bad match up for Argyle. Their fans are more arrogant, their team has more weapons, so you need to worry about that one. Graham is saving you some left over crow. Youll disappear after a loss, guys like you make me laugh, you get on here and pop off with words like whining, but thats here. Where were you at the half time M&G? I was right there with Brian, HW, and a few others. Were you there flappin those smackers then? Nope.....ill tell ya how it is without the forum wall to keep me safe, thats the difference between me and you. Navasota passing game = 24+ over the eagles.

Why would I want to go meet you??? Maybe Hollywood or other Graham posters.... What's the purpose?? You do a disservice to the Graham program IMO. As for the game, have you watched it on tape? Fact, poor spot at the 1yd line on last drive cost Eagles a first down and forced a fg. Fact, phantom hold call on 73 when Argyle driving. 73 was actually being held. Fact, pick could have been called on Graham all night, including on a TD. Graham coach didn't say a word when they did call one. Fact, on the play you whine about, the receiver went out of bounds then came back in to make the catch. Incomplete was the correct call. Fact, Graham de-helmeted Argyle players 5 times during the last matchup and at least once Friday night. You should know assuming who you focus on most during games. Your complaints about helmets being ripped off seem a little ridiculous considering. Fact, argyle was penalized for triple the yardage and 3x that of Graham.....hardly a conspiracy there. Biggest fact, Argyle has beaten Graham in the last 2 semifinals and again on Graham's home field this season. You have had every opportunity to triumph. Fact, Graham is a GREAT program and plays with heart and determination, shame their reputation suffers due to one poster on these boards.

bearbear78
12-14-2014, 01:56 PM
Why would I want to go meet you??? Maybe Hollywood or other Graham posters.... What's the purpose?? You do a disservice to the Graham program IMO. As for the game, have you watched it on tape? Fact, poor spot at the 1yd line on last drive cost Eagles a first down and forced a fg. Fact, phantom hold call on 73 when Argyle driving. 73 was actually being held. Fact, pick could have been called on Graham all night, including on a TD. Graham coach didn't say a word when they did call one. Fact, on the play you whine about, the receiver went out of bounds then came back in to make the catch. Incomplete was the correct call. Fact, Graham de-helmeted Argyle players 5 times during the last matchup and at least once Friday night. You should know assuming who you focus on most during games. Your complaints about helmets being ripped off seem a little ridiculous considering. Fact, argyle was penalized for triple the yardage and 3x that of Graham.....hardly a conspiracy there. Biggest fact, Argyle has beaten Graham in the last 2 semifinals and again on Graham's home field this season. You have had every opportunity to triumph. Fact, Graham is a GREAT program and plays with heart and determination, shame their reputation suffers due to one poster on these boards.
Yeah fanatico ive watched it....you watch it with your goggles an ill watch it with mine. Trust me I have no desire to meet you because I just dont handle the kind very well. I think its funny a guy can only flap his lips on a forum and then he whines cries and gets butt hurt like a baby when.he runs into one that will flat out say it like it is and doesnt need the forum walls.you dont know me so you can flap em all you want. If you cant handle people not seeing it your way and telling you how it is then its simple , only engage in conversations with those you know will do it. Its not my fault I dont share your sensitive timid nature. Running the mouth on a forum and then being weak and timid when outside the front door may suit you but it doesnt fit me. Do I need your approval? Not a chance, do I care if you like the fact I say what I think and not timid, not a chance. Do I think its funny, heck yeah!!!! You can stay on the porch if you want but dont expect everyone else to.

bearbear78
12-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Shouldnt you be focused on Navasota or are you going to wait until its over to either vanish for a year or talk garbage? Another poster expressed the harsh reality of bad refs and what it does to the sport and the teams and here you come with your crying whining pissin and moaning. Lol, I can just see you snapping your fingers screaming oh no you diant!!!!! You might have people in your personal life that choose to see things your way, but getting your butt in the air and all sassy on a forum when others dont??? You and cave dude get your eyes on Navasota, but let me warn you they have some posters that will tell ya how it is too, so youre probably gonna get some butt hurt over on that thread too.

Aguilafanatico
12-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Yeah fanatico ive watched it....you watch it with your goggles an ill watch it with mine. Trust me I have no desire to meet you because I just dont handle the kind very well. I think its funny a guy can only flap his lips on a forum and then he whines cries and gets butt hurt like a baby when.he runs into one that will flat out say it like it is and doesnt need the forum walls.you dont know me so you can flap em all you want. If you cant handle people not seeing it your way and telling you how it is then its simple , only engage in conversations with those you know will do it. Its not my fault I dont share your sensitive timid nature. Running the mouth on a forum and then being weak and timid when outside the front door may suit you but it doesnt fit me. Do I need your approval? Not a chance, do I care if you like the fact I say what I think and not timid, not a chance. Do I think its funny, heck yeah!!!! You can stay on the porch if you want but dont expect everyone else to.

Were you looking in the mirror when you were posting this? Wow.
Ok, on to Navasota in the sc game. See you next year.

bearbear78
12-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Were you looking in the mirror when you were posting this? Wow.
Ok, on to Navasota in the sc game. See you next year.
Good boy!!!

PS...I dont care if you see it my way or not, thats the difference in us. Good luck with the Rattlers, IMHO they take it by three TDs.

Caveman
12-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Only one butt hurt cry baby on this thread.

Inmateboss
12-14-2014, 04:30 PM
Come on big fella your better than that. Both AW and SV had some serious screw ups that cost them a shot.....no complaining from those teams. Belly up to the crow, it's not that bad with a little nacho cheese!

Exactly !! Tabasco helps a lot !! It's high school for crying out loud!! Yeah you get pissed off when calls go against you, like that ****** call on Landon #5 ! But you move on and play some freaking basketball!! Sigh...

Inmateboss
12-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Shouldnt you be focused on Navasota or are you going to wait until its over to either vanish for a year or talk garbage? Another poster expressed the harsh reality of bad refs and what it does to the sport and the teams and here you come with your crying whining pissin and moaning. Lol, I can just see you snapping your fingers screaming oh no you diant!!!!! You might have people in your personal life that choose to see things your way, but getting your butt in the air and all sassy on a forum when others dont??? You and cave dude get your eyes on Navasota, but let me warn you they have some posters that will tell ya how it is too, so youre probably gonna get some butt hurt over on that thread too.

Bear bear pump the brakes dude, your gonna have a stroke!! Holler for them Rattlers or go fishing or something !! Your gonna keep on and a mod is gonna show you what pulling the plug on a season is really all about!!

bearbear78
12-14-2014, 05:15 PM
Bear bear pump theiv dude, your gonna have a stroke!! Holler for them Rattlers or go fishing or something !! Your gonna keep on and a mod is gonna show you what pulling the plug on a season is really all about!!

Boss it isnt me to back down, ya know I let it go and know you cant go back and change it then another poster gave his thoughts and here came the butthurt wanting to fire his shot at me and start in again. Then the crying starts because im a bit harsh? That aint my fault man. I got to see several post on FB about the refs and I chose to give my thoughts here. Its over and a new year to do it again on the horizon. I just wont take the junk and not fire back. Ive been booted from forums before, its like a trophy.....and not hard to get back in. I give my thoughts and the metro guys give theirs. Ill do my best not to be so mean but when someone cant hack a conversation, why start it?

bearbear78
12-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Only one butt hurt cry baby on this thread.
Lol, im gonna let the weasel squeek. Crying gets loud when I throw it back.......did you find your navasota films yet? Not gonna like what ya see

Caveman
12-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Lol, im gonna let the weasel squeek. Crying gets loud when I throw it back.......did you find your navasota films yet? Not gonna like what ya see
Could you please give me a link to the film?

bearbear78
12-14-2014, 06:56 PM
Could you please give me a link to the film?
Go on youtube....I typed in 2014 rattlers before so itd give highlights of this years team. Lots of good reels on there. Mainly gonna show what theyre capable of. My sons hunting but ill ask him how to pull up the film that he watches, it shows a lot.

leftypaw81
12-14-2014, 07:47 PM
I don't see how Graham's reputation is suffering.

bearbear78
12-14-2014, 07:56 PM
I don't see how Graham's reputation is suffering.
Its not, last five seasons have been great and as a fellow fan commented to me the boys have started buying in to the program this last five seasons. We have some great young talent coming up and as they have been showing theyll keep getting better. The Graham program just keeps getting stronger and the fan base and support here is really big. We lost some solid SRs last year and we made it back to the semis and we lose some more this year but already have great team leaders in place to help settle the up and comers in.

Inmateboss
12-15-2014, 12:40 PM

It may be right, but in the heat of passion it's easy to get blinded by calls that don't go your way!! I wouldn't want to lose by a bad call anymore than I would want to win by a bad call !! My son graduated and I don't have a dog in the fight, but.... The passion is still there, and I hope it stays for many years!! I love my Graham Steers and seeing the incredible talent that we and all the other teams come up with every year!! We are truly blessed with great coaches and kids that make old farts like me live for Friday night!!

Ragin Red
12-15-2014, 02:11 PM
It may be right, but in the heat of passion it's easy to get blinded by calls that don't go your way!! I wouldn't want to lose by a bad call anymore than I would want to win by a bad call !! My son graduated and I don't have a dog in the fight, but.... The passion is still there, and I hope it stays for many years!! I love my Graham Steers and seeing the incredible talent that we and all the other teams come up with every year!! We are truly blessed with great coaches and kids that make old farts like me live for Friday night!!

Amen totally agree

leftypaw81
12-16-2014, 12:09 AM
It was a 5 man crew.

leftypaw81
12-16-2014, 12:13 AM
He didn't have control of the ball when he made the catch the end zone, he bobbled, according to 3 certain sports announcers . True or not, I don't know.

YTBulldogs
12-16-2014, 12:16 AM
It was a 5 man crew.

Thanks. I assumed it, based on some concerns noted.

YTBulldogs
12-16-2014, 12:22 AM
He didn't have control of the ball when he made the catch the end zone, he bobbled, according to 3 certain sports announcers . True or not, I don't know.

Don't listen to announcers. Most are homers one way or the other. They are wrong and often remark according to NFL rules I've found. Get ya another resource (IE: HUDL) and view it yourself. Also, you noted he didn't have control when he made the catch. If he made the catch, he had control.

leftypaw81
12-16-2014, 01:09 AM
The announcers said he didn't have control. I'll ask what station this was on, I'll post when I find out.

bearbear78
12-16-2014, 01:15 AM
Pretty sure it doesnt matter at this point..lol

leftypaw81
12-16-2014, 01:19 AM
I have a friend who's daughter is in the argyle band and one of the officials is her uncle, she'll ask more questions for me tomorrow.

bearbear78
12-16-2014, 01:34 AM
I have a friend who's daughter is in the argyle band and one of the officials is her uncle, she'll ask more questions for me tomorrow.

Oh yeah? LoL

Steernation
12-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Graham did lose, that is clear. I will say it was a combination of play calling and zebras that lost the game. Graham SHOULD have won this game. They didnt but it was quite clear graham was the better team. The secondary for graham was another reason they lost the game. Two blown coverages that either had a touchdown or as a result hada touch down. The refs missed calls on both sides, i agree with that. The thing is that the calls they missed against graham were BIG. Costed graham the game. A block in the back on a long pr was one of the earlier ones. The one that lead to a field goal. (what graham lost by). all in all the seasons over and i have much respect for argyle. Very classy seeing the whole team and coaching staff go give some love to #10 after throwing the game ending pick.

As for next season i cant wait. My friend #66 will be much bigger, faster and stronger by then. All i can say is i feel sorry for the DEs and the DTs he will face.

Anyone have a say if graham rebuilds or reloads? id like to hear what yall think. Lost alot this year but again like last year have solid players returning and coming up.

Aguilafanatico
12-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Graham did lose, that is clear. I will say it was a combination of play calling and zebras that lost the game. Graham SHOULD have won this game. They didnt but it was quite clear graham was the better team. The secondary for graham was another reason they lost the game. Two blown coverages that either had a touchdown or as a result hada touch down. The refs missed calls on both sides, i agree with that. The thing is that the calls they missed against graham were BIG. Costed graham the game. A block in the back on a long pr was one of the earlier ones. The one that lead to a field goal. (what graham lost by). all in all the seasons over and i have much respect for argyle. Very classy seeing the whole team and coaching staff go give some love to #10 after throwing the game ending pick.

As for next season i cant wait. My friend #66 will be much bigger, faster and stronger by then. All i can say is i feel sorry for the DEs and the DTs he will face.

Anyone have a say if graham rebuilds or reloads? id like to hear what yall think. Lost alot this year but again like last year have solid players returning and coming up.

Tired and misguided. Refs didnt cost you the game, Argyle did, twice this year. Believe what you want but to most in the Texas HS football world, beating a team twice in one season means you are better. Is Abilene Wylie better than Graham? If you say no because you proved it on the field, you would be correct and would make my argument. The Wylie folks came on and said you were better after you guys beat them. So did the Stephenville folks. Why can't you admit when you are beat twice in one season by the same team that they are simply better. You guys are amazing.

bearbear78
12-16-2014, 01:05 PM

66 has a buddy that should likely be coming up. He had some problems this year that plagued him and prevented a move up but I think theyre worked out. Much like Argyles former stud Sadler this one can play all over the place as well as kick long field goals. Very fast and strong, plays with a lot of intensity.

leftypaw81
12-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Tired and misguided. Refs didnt cost you the game, Argyle did, twice this year. Believe what you want but to most in the Texas HS football world, beating a team twice in one season means you are better. Is Abilene Wylie better than Graham? If you say no because you proved it on the field, you would be correct and would make my argument. The Wylie folks came on and said you were better after you guys beat them. So did the Stephenville folks. Why can't you admit when you are beat twice in one season by the same team that they are simply better. You guys are amazing.
None of these teams are any better then each other, that's the whole misguided problem. These last several games each of these teams played came down to what I would compare to a game of black jack.

bearbear78
12-16-2014, 01:24 PM
None of these teams are any better then each other, that's the whole misguided problem. These last several games each of these teams played came down to what I would compare to a game of black jack.
Thumbs up

Aguilafanatico
12-16-2014, 01:49 PM

Believe what you want. Argyle is better than Graham. They have proven it on the field twice this season. Everything else is subjective.

leftypaw81
12-16-2014, 01:54 PM
I understand some people have a deep need to be told they're better than everyone . I'm sorry, but this is a group of kids, and they're equally as good at this sport.

bearbear78
12-16-2014, 02:23 PM

As in argyle vs graham rematch official?

leftypaw81
12-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Yes, Argyle vs Graham.

Aguilafanatico
12-16-2014, 02:28 PM
I understand some people have a deep need to be told they're better than everyone . I'm sorry, but this is a group of kids, and they're equally as good at this sport.

we agree. All of the programs and teams that have gotten this far are great ones. Sometimes it's tough that a team has to lose. Graham is certainly one of those and would expect them to be back again in 2015.

toddg
12-16-2014, 06:07 PM
we agree. All of the programs and teams that have gotten this far are great ones. Sometimes it's tough that a team has to lose. Graham is certainly one of those and would expect them to be back again in 2015.
they will..as my Purple crystal ball has foretold....http://s23.postimg.org/4y74nlerr/CRYSBALLP.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/4y74nlerr/)click the pic

Steernation
12-18-2014, 10:33 AM
your other son who your speaking of coming up next season? If not, he will deffinately be up, when they were in the 8th grade i loved watching him and 66 play.

bearbear78
12-18-2014, 01:53 PM
your other son who your speaking of coming up next season? If not, he will deffinately be up, when they were in the 8th grade i loved watching him and 66 play.
Tall , built like a freak, and very fast in addition to the same intensity his brother plays with generally creates an exciting game out of him. Never know what position hes going in at either. Should be a lot of fun to watch next year.

Steernation
12-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Tall , built like a freak, and very fast in addition to the same intensity his brother plays with generally creates an exciting game out of him. Never know what position hes going in at either. Should be a lot of fun to watch next year.

i agree with that. There is a pretty solid 8th grader coming up too. Ive watched him some and he reminds me of 66 just a little shorter. kolby gaines is his name, dont know if any other graham fans has seen him

hollywood
12-18-2014, 08:38 PM

Sville has real estate for sale. Nice HS and welcoming community. Just sayin

Jchristian
12-18-2014, 09:11 PM
Decatur also has nice real estate, and a pretty good nucleus of a team that had both Graham and Stephenville shaking in their boots!

bearbear78
12-18-2014, 10:31 PM
Well aware gents , lol....I did find out today that my new office is in wise county!

bearbear78
12-18-2014, 10:34 PM
I forgot.to mention his vertical is SICK...he was.cookie jarring the bball rim by the end of his 8th grade year!!!

#1 TEXAN
12-20-2014, 11:18 AM
I forgot.to mention his vertical is SICK...he was.cookie jarring the bball rim by the end of his 8th grade year!!!

What position does he play on? He play both sides of the ball?

bearbear78
12-20-2014, 12:54 PM
What position does he play on? He play both sides of the ball?
Yes he plays both ways. He plays multiple positions as well as punter/kicker. RB, LB ....he reminds me a lot of NR at Argyle

#1 TEXAN
12-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Yes he plays both ways. He plays multiple positions as well as punter/kicker. RB, LB ....he reminds me a lot of NR at Argyle

Graham could use a kicker for sure and will have a opening at LB mabe he can put the work in this summer and win the job.

Slick50
12-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Graham has needed a kicker for 20 years.

bearbear78
12-20-2014, 11:40 PM
Graham could use a kicker for sure and will have a opening at LB mabe he can put the work in this summer and win the job.

Hes hittin the weights already. Hes a very strong kid. Watched him last summer in eighth grade at a baseball tournament in Mckinney step up for his first at bat in two years , first pitch he jacked it like Pujos. A lot of upper body strength.