PDA

View Full Version : Do you think your team is a "dark horse" and being totally overlooked? Explain!

Old Cardinal
12-30-2002, 08:44 PM
I can just bet there are folks that think their team will totally surprise everyone...Tell us why you think that is true of your team!

wildstangs
12-30-2002, 08:47 PM
Sweetwater - We lost one of the better running QB's in West Texas. Still have alot coming back on the defense and a few offensive players that saw significant playing time.

Old Cardinal
12-30-2002, 09:54 PM
What a coincidence, I had just made a statement about Sweetwater and then I clicked over here and you were saying they are a "dark horse" You played some good teams and either won or held your own this year. Look at the other post just added too..

RBARKER
12-31-2002, 08:45 AM
Barbers Hill could always be a potential Darkhourse. Every year I think we are rebuilding but, we put something together before the year is out. BH has a lot to prove knowing their playoff record. I believe if we can stay in 3A during the next realignment that BH could make a run at the title. BH has a Freshman QB coming up that might be the best QB BH has ever had. Pluse a set of twin running backs that will be freshman next year that are flat running people over! Another Darkhorse will be Navasota both their QB and running back were Sophmores this year.

BigRed01
12-31-2002, 11:39 AM
I think my Bridge City Cardinals will be the dark horse next year. Not to repeat as district champs....I think it will be much harder next year to repeat, but I think we will do that again. I think we will be the dark horse in the playoffs. Hopefully we can get a full steam ahead next year and take it to a few people.

Old Cardinal
12-31-2002, 04:06 PM
To RBarker: I think Barbers Hill will be awful tough by playoff time. If they go Div. II which Cleveland seems to want to assure, then they are a threat in a big way!....To Big Red 01: I don't see anything spectacular for the first 5 or 6 games (mostly playing 30 people per game), just re-forming. Team coordination building and ramming up next. There is so much young talent and speed- that by playoff time, whether they finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in Distict they may go quite a ways. Navasota, Elgin, and Cleveland look good in Region III Division I, also...BC's, Michael "The Moose" Gauthier and Jon Landry are so fast that they are going to surprise a lot of folks. We finally have a big enough seasoned line, next season, to make a statement there.

Bellville22
12-31-2002, 06:38 PM
Not sure if Bellville would be a "dark horse", they seem to be pretty solid lately and well known, but don't think they are mentioned among the elite teams. Possible that could change next year, got alot of key guys coming back, includes a very good QB, top WR/K, RB, couple OL and a bunch on defense. If one or two key spots are filled well and a few kids step up, this team should make a serious run at a title.

Buffalo
12-31-2002, 07:25 PM
Sweetwater is not a dark horse they are rich in tradition. Play a great pre district schedule. Have a JV that has not been beat in 2 years. They have not lost a game at home. Went way into the play-offs the last 3 years. Not sure how many they return total but there are several returners. They will be picked at the top of the region as they should be. Might even be in the top 20 in the state.

wildstangs
01-01-2003, 10:10 PM
Buffalo:
Sweetwater is not a dark horse they are rich in tradition. Play a great pre district schedule. Have a JV that has not been beat in 2 years. They have not lost a game at home. Went way into the play-offs the last 3 years. Not sure how many they return total but there are several returners. They will be picked at the top of the region as they should be. Might even be in the top 20 in the state.Lets keep it quiet though Buffalo. wink