PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys Vs. Chicago Bears

buff4ever
12-04-2014, 02:08 PM
This doesn't seem like it should be a big game. That is dangerous, because a win is not much help and not a huge win. However, a loss is huge. It will further the snowball effect and justify the December fear in most cowboy fans' minds.

I think that Dallas wins this game, but I am not taking it for granted.

Cam
12-04-2014, 02:20 PM
I almost forgot they were playing tonight!!!..:vrycnfsd:...too much excitement about another game in town!.....

Bullaholic
12-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Don't like the matchup tonight of Cutler's strong arm---he is accurate when not hurried; inadequate Cowboy rush; mediocre Cowboy secondary coverage prone to giving up big plays against big, fast receivers.
Don't like Romo's unknown back status.
Like Cowboys 100% road game win record.
Like Bryant on vertical patterns against Bear secondary.
Like Murray/O-line running against Bear Defense.
Like Witten sitting down in holes to sustain drives.
Like Butler kicking gold.

Eagle 1
12-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Trap game. I hope we win.

Macarthur
12-04-2014, 04:09 PM
I think this is a bad matchup for Dallas. If you pressure cutler, he's pretty poor. If not, our back end can't handle their WRs.

Bullaholic
12-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Sure hope Farmer wears his No. 9 jersey tonight for luck....:D

buff4ever
12-04-2014, 05:10 PM
I dislike Romo as much as FF, but you guys all seem to bring up ROMO for argument sakes more than I do for sure, but even FF. I think you guys know he is a cancer as much as we do.

Bullaholic
12-04-2014, 05:19 PM
I dislike Romo as much as FF, but you guys all seem to bring up ROMO for argument sakes more than I do for sure, but even FF. I think you guys know he is a cancer as much as we do.
Just poking a little fun at Farmer, buff, just for fun's sake---I really don't dislike Farmer---he is just another board personality who lends variety and spice to a sometimes quiet board regardless of whether you like his style or agree or disagree with him.

pirate4state
12-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Don't like the matchup tonight of Cutler's strong arm---he is accurate when not hurried; inadequate Cowboy rush; mediocre Cowboy secondary coverage prone to giving up big plays against big, fast receivers.
Don't like Romo's unknown back status.
Like Cowboys 100% road game win record.
Like Bryant on vertical patterns against Bear secondary.
Like Murray/O-line running against Bear Defense.
Like Witten sitting down in holes to sustain drives.
Like Butler kicking gold.

Who is Butler?
GO COWBOYS! {please}

Bullaholic
12-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Who is Butler?
GO COWBOYS! {please}

Alias that Bailey will use if he ever misses....:D Get back in the kitchen....:D

pirate4state
12-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Alias that Bailey will use if he ever misses....:D Get back in the kitchen....:D

:tisk:

Macarthur
12-04-2014, 06:50 PM

That is a complete pile of steaming BS. On the weeks they win and romo plays well, it's crickets on here all week.

Deuce
12-04-2014, 06:55 PM
A loss tonight and the Boys can pretty much kiss the playoffs goodbye again!

Roughneck93
12-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Boys rebound, stay perfect on the road.

bobcat1
12-04-2014, 08:10 PM
This is a huge trap game for Dallas. Tonight tells a story for 2014.

here4Villa
12-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Come on Boys!!!

Eagle 1
12-04-2014, 08:49 PM
It looks like they are going to play down on Chicago's level.

Bullaholic
12-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Not flashy, but they're winning---so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobcat1
12-04-2014, 09:50 PM
I can't stand that incompetent boob Ed Hockuly especially with Jim Nance with Phil Simms doing color. The game is much better on mute.

Roughneck93
12-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Beasley...:clap:

Saggy Aggie
12-04-2014, 10:09 PM
FF is probably sick since Tony threw a beautiful pass for a TD LOL

Saggy Aggie
12-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Romo has all day to throw and tosses an easy TD in the back of the EZ....

FF gotta be sick to his stomach watching that especially since dez just bailed romo out on a horrible throw on the deep ball....

Bullaholic
12-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Bears in hibernation w/o Marshall.

Saggy Aggie
12-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Oline is stupid beast

Bullaholic
12-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Bear rug anyone?

Tejastrue
12-04-2014, 10:55 PM
9 wins?? Why does that have a nice ring to it?? I guess because it's more than 8.

regaleagle
12-04-2014, 10:58 PM
9 wins?? Why does that have a nice ring to it?? I guess because it's more than 8.

Yeah it does....but 10 would sound even sweeter, huh? :cool:

CHS_89
12-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Forte...not today. Murray is a beast. Little Elm TX's own Cole Beasley looking good!

Tejastrue
12-04-2014, 11:04 PM
Yeah it does....but 10 would sound even sweeter, huh? :cool:

:2thumbsup

Txbroadcaster
12-04-2014, 11:16 PM
Guess last two scoring drives are on offense...D has just let up

Tejastrue
12-04-2014, 11:30 PM
They have over relaxed...

GrTigers6
12-05-2014, 07:38 AM
I hate it when a team gets a big lead and just starts playing prevent in the 3rd Quarter. Keep playing your normal defense until there is 2 minutes left. I understand maybe backing off a little but for the last 4-5 series they were getting 15-20 yards at a time. Or at least in two plays. Very few 3rd downs in the second half

Saggy Aggie
12-05-2014, 07:49 AM
I hate it when a team gets a big lead and just starts playing prevent in the 3rd Quarter. Keep playing your normal defense until there is 2 minutes left. I understand maybe backing off a little but for the last 4-5 series they were getting 15-20 yards at a time. Or at least in two plays. Very few 3rd downs in the second half

The Cowboys had a 35-7 lead at the end of the 3rd and a 38-13 lead with 12 mins left.... The Bears didn't start picking up big yards until the 4th when the game was in hand.

GrTigers6
12-05-2014, 09:06 AM
The Cowboys had a 35-7 lead at the end of the 3rd and a 38-13 lead with 12 mins left.... The Bears didn't start picking up big yards until the 4th when the game was in hand.
The last drive of the third is where they got to the 13 points.

Farmersfan
12-05-2014, 09:38 AM
That is a complete pile of steaming BS. On the weeks they win and romo plays well, it's crickets on here all week.

Maybe most people don't feel a overpowering urge to get on social media and congratulate a bunch of mulitmillionaires for doing the job they are paid to do...................There are no moral victories in professional sports Mac!

Seacarp12
12-05-2014, 09:46 AM
Well now that they officially won't have another 8-8 season, it's time for Romo's famous playoff interceptions. If they even make it!

Farmersfan
12-05-2014, 09:48 AM
This was the kind of offensive performance that i expected out of Dallas last week. Although the first 2 possessions for Dallas tongiht seemed to be exactly like last week and if the Bears had scored on those possessions the entire game would have been different and Dallas would have been playing from behind and having to depend on Romo.....
(And just for all of you who expect it): I can't speak for you guys but I am sick and tired of watching Romo overthrow receivers on very short 3rd down passes over the middle! And I'm thinking the wobbly Billy Kilmer duck he threw to Beasly for the TD when he rolled right was meant to be a throwaway!!!! And Romo runs like a girl and throws like a child!!!!!

And what's up with the refs these days? They are calling some of worst pass interference calls against the Dallas D-backs. The cowboys don't get the benefit of those calls when it's done to their receivers..................

Farmersfan
12-05-2014, 09:49 AM
Well now that they officially won't have another 8-8 season, it's time for Romo's famous playoff interceptions. If they even make it!

I'm smelling another 50 QB rating from Romo to lose the first round of the playoffs!

Farmersfan
12-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Week #14 Power rankings:

Cowboys, Packers, Eagles, colts, Bengals and Patriots are all top 10 power ranking teams with defenses ranked in the bottom half of the league in yards allowed. But only 1 is in the bottom half of the league in points allowed. So which is a more important stat to you guys in judging a defense, yards or points? Points seem to be more important because the game is determined by which team scores the most but wouldn't yardage tell us how much the other team keeps the ball and moves up and down the field? Wouldn't it seem to correlate that a team that gives up a lot of yardage on defense probably doesn't score as much on offense? Opinions?

Bullaholic
12-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Pleased with the win. Now if the Cowboys can find a way to beat the good teams. Next week against Philly will be their first chance to show if they belong in the playoffs, or not.

buff4ever
12-05-2014, 10:06 AM
I will remain positive as long as I can. We needed that win, more than a few of us saw that game as a trap game, and we overcame it. No one has mentioned that we went from a sunday night game to a Thursday game on thanksgiving to another Thursday game last night. Other than the piss poor preparation and game planning for the eagles, that is something not many teams have to do.

Now, Chicago has a terrible defense, so it is nothing to get too excited about, but at least we did what we were suppose to do. Now we will get to see if we can better prepare for the eagles with a little more time. In my opinion Romo will have to expose their pass defense to free up murray, because it is clear that the eagles will be prepared to slow murray down and make romo make the throws.

We are not at a win or go home state yet, but this is the type of game that romo needs to start proving himself as a gamer. He has never proven this to me in the past. I will use this game with the eagles as the next measuring stick, even though it is not win or go home.

Deuce
12-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Did anyone else sense the hate of the Cowboys coming from Phil Simms? I can't stand that guy!

buff4ever
12-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Did anyone else sense the hate of the Cowboys coming from Phil Simms? I can't stand that guy!

Simms and Collinsworth (or whatever his name is) are the ones I can't stand. As much as I have liked Gruden over the years, he is annoying as an announcer sometimes as well; but not as bad as Simms and Collinsworth

movethechain
12-05-2014, 10:27 AM
Simms and Collinsworth (or whatever his name is) are the ones I can't stand. As much as I have liked Gruden over the years, he is annoying as an announcer sometimes as well; but not as bad as Simms and Collinsworth

Agreed on all counts.

movethechain
12-05-2014, 10:31 AM
I long for the days of REAL color-ful commentators, like John Madden. "... And then BOOM !!!!!!!"

Saggy Aggie
12-05-2014, 10:41 AM
And Romo runs like a girl and throws like a child!!!!!

hahaha

full circle
12-05-2014, 10:57 AM
John Madden wore me out and Romo played a heck of a game, some people remind me of parents of athletes, can't see the truth, too biased

Macarthur
12-05-2014, 12:18 PM
This was the kind of offensive performance that i expected out of Dallas last week. Although the first 2 possessions for Dallas tongiht seemed to be exactly like last week and if the Bears had scored on those possessions the entire game would have been different and Dallas would have been playing from behind and having to depend on Romo.....
(And just for all of you who expect it): I can't speak for you guys but I am sick and tired of watching Romo overthrow receivers on very short 3rd down passes over the middle! And I'm thinking the wobbly Billy Kilmer duck he threw to Beasly for the TD when he rolled right was meant to be a throwaway!!!! And Romo runs like a girl and throws like a child!!!!!

And what's up with the refs these days? They are calling some of worst pass interference calls against the Dallas D-backs. The cowboys don't get the benefit of those calls when it's done to their receivers..................

Lol. You are such a tool.

bobcat1
12-05-2014, 07:02 PM

Jim Nance, Al Michaels and Troy Aikman along with Joe Buck are also on my list. I'd much rather listen to Moose Johnson than any of them.

1st and goal
12-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Jim Nance, Al Michaels and Troy Aikman along with Joe Buck are also on my list. I'd much rather listen to Moose Johnson than any of them.

It's like Troy goes out of his way to distance himself from the Cowboys. I guess he doesn't want to be a homer.

I like Madden too. Read his book. Like Terry Bradshaw too but he doesn't do game play by play.

bobcat1
12-05-2014, 08:08 PM
It's like Troy goes out of his way to distance himself from the Cowboys. I guess he doesn't want to be a homer.

I like Madden too. Read his book. Like Terry Bradshaw too but he doesn't do game play by play.
I think he is a narcissist and does not want any other Cowboy team to do what his Cowboy team did.

Roughneck93
12-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Eagles lose...:2thumbsup

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2527618/shermann.0.gif

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2527622/richtaunt.0.gif

Txbroadcaster
12-07-2014, 11:11 PM
I think he is a narcissist and does not want any other Cowboy team to do what his Cowboy team did.

Funny how Cowboy fans say he hates on Dallas...and non Cowboy fans say he loves on them..that tells me he is simply calling it like he sees it and nothing else.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2014, 11:18 PM
Eagles lose...:2thumbsup

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2527618/shermann.0.gif

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2527622/richtaunt.0.gifLOL!!! The boys will be ready for the Eagles this time around!

buff4ever
12-08-2014, 09:51 AM
LOL!!! The boys will be ready for the Eagles this time around!

I hope you are right.

Farmersfan
12-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Lol. You are such a tool.

Hey just giving the people what they want Mac! I never posted a word and had people talking about my Romo hate.............. LOL