PDA

View Full Version : Padilla Poll 4A Picks Week 15

Sville
12-01-2014, 09:57 AM
http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1962.0

Pudlugger
12-01-2014, 10:00 AM
Pig has LG by 2, Padilla WOS by 2. Looks pretty much like a pick to me. LG by 7.

waterboy
12-01-2014, 10:49 AM
DIVISION I Region I
Graham over Stephenville by 6

DIVISION I Region II
Argyle over Liberty-Eylau by 7

DIVISION I Region III
Navasota over Henderson by 10

DIVISION I Region IV
Liberty Hill over Burnet by 1

DIVISION II Region I
Sweetwater over Celina by 3

DIVISION II Region II
Gilmer over Atlanta by 11

DIVISION II Region III
West Orange-Stark over La Grange by 2

DIVISION II Region IV
Sinton over Yoakum by 2

This one's for you, Bob!:D

Aesculus gilmus
12-01-2014, 10:57 AM
The Gilmer-Atlanta spread here is more reasonable than Pigskin Prep's 20-point margin.

I'd say, though, that Padilla has overestimated Liberty-Eylau. I don't think that game will be close. Prove me wrong, Leopards.

bulldog60
12-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Liberty Hill over Burnet, Don't think so. Every other poll has Burnet by 6-7. Must be a homer.

Sweetwater Red
12-01-2014, 11:41 AM
The Gilmer-Atlanta spread here is more reasonable than Pigskin Prep's 20-point margin.

Padilla's 11 points is equivalent to pigskin's 20. Not sure what algorithms each use but Padilla usually
always comes out on the more conservative side.

waterboy
12-01-2014, 12:42 PM
I certainly hope the point spread is right, in our favor, of course. My ticker can't take a lot more of those down to wire type games, LOL! Atlanta will be a formidable foe for sure, and even I can't see it as any kind of blowout at this point in the season. All the teams left can beat you if you're not on top of your game. Right now, I just want to live to play another week after this one.

poisoned10
12-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Right now, I just want to live to play another week after this one.

When it comes down to it, that's all that matters. Not how you got there, but that you ARE there.

Aguilafanatico
12-01-2014, 01:32 PM
When it comes down to it, that's all that matters. Not how you got there, but that you ARE there.

Preaching to the choir on that one. We have had two absolute wars in the 3rd round over the past two years, 2013 vs Gilmer and 2014 vs Kennedale. Feeling very fortunate to be here again and not taking any round/team lightly. It's just too hard to get to this point, when your battling TEXAS high school football teams every week.

here4Villa
12-01-2014, 01:34 PM
I'd like to find Mister Padilla and knock him upside his head.

Ragin Red
12-01-2014, 02:41 PM
I'd like to find Mister Padilla and knock him upside his head.

I've always wanted to say this " YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" lol

lostaussie
12-01-2014, 03:09 PM
I've always wanted to say this " YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" lolThat was funny

buckeyebob
12-01-2014, 05:31 PM
DIVISION I Region I
Graham over Stephenville by 6

DIVISION I Region II
Argyle over Liberty-Eylau by 7

DIVISION I Region III
Navasota over Henderson by 10

DIVISION I Region IV
Liberty Hill over Burnet by 1

DIVISION II Region I
Sweetwater over Celina by 3

DIVISION II Region II
Gilmer over Atlanta by 11

DIVISION II Region III
West Orange-Stark over La Grange by 2

DIVISION II Region IV
Sinton over Yoakum by 2

This one's for you, Bob!:D

I appreciate you looking after me & The Posse.

Aja
12-01-2014, 07:39 PM

I'd say, though, that Padilla has overestimated Liberty-Eylau. I don't think that game will be close. Prove me wrong, Leopards.

Gotta agree, gilmus. Argyle will roll in this one. Ralston is a wrecking ball!

bearbear78
12-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Gotta agree, gilmus. Argyle will roll in this one. Ralston is a wrecking ball!

Does LE have a speedy offense?

bearbear78
12-01-2014, 07:43 PM
I've always wanted to say this " YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" lol
Omg.....lol

Aesculus gilmus
12-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Does LE have a speedy offense?

Yes, this is one area in which the Leopards are always blessed. You will not out-athlete them.

This is Steve Wells' first year as the head coach. He was OC last year.

He has them in the Spread. Previously, they had the ground-and-pound approach and this wasn't making the best use of their athletes, IMO, although they did win state in '06 largely on the ground. I don't know what offense they were running in '99 when they won their other title, but it was probably on the ground also, if I had to guess.

bearbear78
12-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Yes, this is one area in which the Leopards are always blessed. You will not out-athlete them.

This is Steve Wells' first year as the head coach. He was OC last year.

He has them in the Spread. Previously, they had the ground-and-pound approach and this wasn't making the best use of their athletes, IMO, although they did win state in '06 largely on the ground. I don't know what offense they were running in '99 when they won their other title, but it was probably on the ground also, if I had to guess.
Not wanting to take away from Argyle but teams with speed seem to give them some trouble. If LE can maintain that speed for 48 minutes it could spell trouble for Argyle

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Liberty Hill over Burnet, Don't think so. Every other poll has Burnet by 6-7. Must be a homer.

I like his pick better than Jerry's. :evilgrin:

RPF2666
12-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Not wanting to take away from Argyle but teams with speed seem to give them some trouble. If LE can maintain that speed for 48 minutes it could spell trouble for Argyle

Not gonna happen this week. As far as I see it, that is the easiest of the 4 regional finals to
to 'count on'.

lostaussie
12-01-2014, 08:53 PM

We beat LE 52-14 this year.......Argyles rolls.

bearbear78
12-01-2014, 09:14 PM
I dont really see any reason to disagree other than its TXHS football, anything can happen and this year has been full of surprises. Argyle should win it easily, but I wouldnt count any team out at this point.

lostaussie
12-01-2014, 09:20 PM
One thing we can agree on.......you got to play them one game at a time

waterboy
12-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Gilmer did beat Liberty-Eylau in the first game of the year, 55-16. It was also their very first game with a whole new coaching staff. They made a ton of mistakes, and shot themselves in the foot all night. To top that off, they didn't show any ability to stop Gilmer's high octane offense. They obviously have improved since then, and I knew they would get better because they had a lot of athleticism. It just took them a while to gel. Their offense can be explosive, but it's the other side of the ball that makes me think that Argyle will run away with this game eventually. That huge offensive line, and Ralston will wear the Leopard defense out. I can't see them stopping Argyle enough times to win. If L-E doesn't make any silly mistakes they may be able to put some points on the board, but I just don't think it'll be nearly enough. Just my opinion, of course.

regaleagle
12-01-2014, 11:12 PM
LE has won 8 in a row and is averaging about 48 pts/game in the last 7 games. They ain't no slouches.

ccmom
12-02-2014, 12:12 AM
I dont really see any reason to disagree other than its TXHS football, anything can happen and this year has been full of surprises. Argyle should win it easily, but I wouldnt count any team out at this point.

This!! Those unmatched chickens taste last rotten crow if you count em too early! :crying: I've got no nachos, no chickens, no game to go to this week. All I have are some rotten eggs!! :crying: :crying:

ccmom
12-02-2014, 08:14 AM
This!! Those unmatched chickens taste last rotten crow if you count em too early! :crying: I've got no nachos, no chickens, no game to go to this week. All I have are some rotten eggs!! :crying: :crying:

Unhatched...man, I'm slipping!!

Eylau
12-02-2014, 09:57 AM

Yes, but that was a completely different LE team than the one that will line up with Argyle friday night.

Paris only gave up 7 points against us in district and look what we did to them this past friday.

Aguilafanatico
12-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Yes, but that was a completely different LE team than the one that will line up with Argyle friday night.

Paris only gave up 7 points against us in district and look what we did to them this past friday.

Each game is different. Hard to base future results on past performance. I prefer to read how a team is trending. LE is definitely trending up. I expect a strong challenge.

lostaussie
12-02-2014, 11:11 AM

I hope you are right.......I hope you give them a whale of a game. But what I'm really hoping is at 4:00 on Dec 19 I get to see an Argyle/Navasota matchup.