PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer (13-0) vs Atlanta (12-1) for Region 2 Division 2 championship

lostaussie
11-29-2014, 09:07 PM
7:00 kickoff @ Lobo Stadium in Longview. Gilmer will be the home team.

poisoned10
11-29-2014, 09:08 PM
Gilmer wins.

Go Buckeyes!

lostaussie
11-29-2014, 10:25 PM
Atlanta looked good today for the half I stayed. They aren't real big........we should matchup well with each other.

poisoned10
11-29-2014, 10:26 PM
Atlanta looked good today for the half I stayed. They aren't real big........we should matchup well with each other.

Might be a few points scored in this game.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

cowboyandchrist
11-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Atlanta is small on both sides of the ball. The offense they ran against Tatum was very efficient, the Q/B is fast and throws a good pass within the 15 yard range. He was hard to bring down when he ran the ball. (he is little) The tail back has decent size and speed and ran the ball good against Tatum. The O line is fundamentally sound, always made the blocks needed or gave good protection when the QB threw the ball. The defense is cat quick, they were in the back field before the QB could hand the ball off. Tatum's offensive line outweighed the D line 30 pounds a man and could not push them off the ball. It was 41 to 0 at half time. I said all of this to tell the people on this board how well Atlanta played and were coached. I do not believe they can run with Gilmer, as fast as they were against Tatum. Gilmer is much faster and the type of game Atlanta plays is what Gilmer prefers. I believe Gilmer will win by three or four touch downs. The only way Gilmer can be beat is with a big strong offensive line that can run the ball and control the clock, but you will also have to throw the ball or Gilmer will make stops when the game is on the line. Atlanta will score, but I don't believe they will be able to keep up with the scoring machine of Gilmer. God Bless both teams and fans. I pray for safe travels and no injuries.

lostaussie
11-30-2014, 09:57 AM
I would say that is a very fair assessment of Atlanta. The QB is a dang tough kid and DE #17 had Tatum's QB running for his life. Loved their enthusiasm also.....Atl was very fired up. Looked like the Tatum guys had been drinking to much of the internet kool-aid. They were not prepared.

cowboyandchrist
11-30-2014, 11:24 AM
I would say that is a very fair assessment of Atlanta. The QB is a dang tough kid and DE #17 had Tatum's QB running for his life. Loved their enthusiasm also.....Atl was very fired up. Looked like the Tatum guys had been drinking to much of the internet kool-aid. They were not prepared.

It was the worst game I have ever seen Tatum play, they did not look like they were fired up to be in the 3rd round of the playoffs. The defense that played Coldsrings, did not show up on Saturday. I knew the offense would have a hard time against Atlanta, because they have not been able to throw the ball all year, but the defense of Tatum was terrible, it looked like they were in slow motion with no motivation. If a person has never seen either team and they showed up before the game started and looked at the Tatum players, they would go wow. They had the size, the speed and athletes to play with any team, but did not show up with the same fire in the belly as Atlanta.

lostaussie
11-30-2014, 11:25 AM
I saw Tatum play twice this year.......they basically quit both times........that's coaching brotha

Aesculus gilmus
11-30-2014, 11:42 AM
I was one of the only people I know, if that makes any sense, who thought Atlanta would make it this far. In fact, I thought they'd beat Gladewater and said so on here.

The Buckeyes have played against Musgrove twice and more or less neutralized him both times, but he may have taken his play to a new level this season, from what I've read and seen.

I know Atlanta will be fired up because of having lost to Gilmer about seven times since 2003.

But none of those games meant anything. The time Atlanta beat us in Tyler in 2003 in this same round of the playoffs actually deprived us of a state championship. Even Atlanta people will tell you that. The following two weeks, Atlanta played lesser opponents in Vernon and Marlin.

So Gilmer still wants revenge for that 34-14 beatdown. Of course, the problem with this is that the oldest players on these teams were not more than seven years old in 2003. However, I remember a lot of football games from when I was seven, so maybe they do remember that game.

On edit: Correction, the second 2012 game DID mean something as it was the Area round of the playoffs, also at Lobo Stadium. So Gilmer has actually played three games against Musgrove. That first game in 2012 in Tyler, he came in the game in relief of the starter, as I recall.

buckeyebob
11-30-2014, 01:31 PM
Atlanta is small on both sides of the ball. The offense they ran against Tatum was very efficient, the Q/B is fast and throws a good pass within the 15 yard range. He was hard to bring down when he ran the ball. (he is little) The tail back has decent size and speed and ran the ball good against Tatum. The O line is fundamentally sound, always made the blocks needed or gave good protection when the QB threw the ball. The defense is cat quick, they were in the back field before the QB could hand the ball off. Tatum's offensive line outweighed the D line 30 pounds a man and could not push them off the ball. It was 41 to 0 at half time. I said all of this to tell the people on this board how well Atlanta played and were coached. I do not believe they can run with Gilmer, as fast as they were against Tatum. Gilmer is much faster and the type of game Atlanta plays is what Gilmer prefers. I believe Gilmer will win by three or four touch downs. The only way Gilmer can be beat is with a big strong offensive line that can run the ball and control the clock, but you will also have to throw the ball or Gilmer will make stops when the game is on the line. Atlanta will score, but I don't believe they will be able to keep up with the scoring machine of Gilmer. God Bless both teams and fans. I pray for safe travels and no injuries.

Dang son...what is going on here? Agreeing with you twice in the last 24hrs...gotta stop this

buckeyebob
11-30-2014, 01:47 PM
2003 - 14-34 Loss-4th Round - Bux 13-1 for Season
2006 - 49-12 Win - Pre-Season
2007 - 42-14 Win - Pre-Season
2010 - 63-28 Win - Pre-Season Tyler Rose
2011 - 42-21 Win - Pre-Season Tyler Rose
2012 - 31-17 Win - Pre-Season Tyler Rose
2013 - 57-7 Win - Pre-Season Tyler Rose
2014 - Regional Championship
No doubt...Atlanta would like to have this one

Aggie98
11-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Atlanta good. Not Gilmer good though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aesculus gilmus
11-30-2014, 03:53 PM
2003 - 14-34 Loss-4th Round - Bux 13-1 for Season

2012 - 31-17 Win - Pre-Season Tyler Rose
2012 - 57-13 Win - Area Playoff, Lobo Stadium
2013 - 57-7 Win - Pre-Season Buckeye Stadium
2014 - Regional Championship
No doubt...Atlanta would like to have this one

Gilmer and Atlanta played against each other twice in 2012. Also, the 2013 game was at Buckeye Stadium, not Tyler Rose. It was the first game in the renovated stadium.

buckeyebob
11-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Gilmer and Atlanta played against each other twice in 2012. Also, the 2013 game was at Buckeye Stadium, not Tyler Rose. It was the first game in the renovated stadium.

Thanks for watching my back

poisoned10
11-30-2014, 06:49 PM
Thanks for watching my back

Someone has to ...

lostaussie
11-30-2014, 06:57 PM
Someone has to ...

........so right

cowboyandchrist
11-30-2014, 08:39 PM
Dang son...what is going on here? Agreeing with you twice in the last 24hrs...gotta stop this
Brother Bob, That is why I like this site. Most of the time the people give good information on what they see and believe. They still talk a little smack over here but it is in good fun. I would say good luck to the Buckeyes, but I don't believe in Luck. I say everything happens like it is suppose to. God Bless and pray no injuries.

44INAROW
11-30-2014, 11:25 PM
Gilmer wins...last week's game was too close for comfort... I was afraid Lost Aussie was going to have a coronary... Gilmer wins by 1🎈🏈

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

buckeyebob
11-30-2014, 11:31 PM
Gilmer wins...last week's game was too close for comfort... I was afraid Lost Aussie was going to have a coronary... Gilmer wins by 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got burns on my pec 'cause my Medtronic over amped...too much for an old man.

buckeyebob
11-30-2014, 11:32 PM
Brother Bob, That is why I like this site. Most of the time the people give good information on what they see and believe. They still talk a little smack over here but it is in good fun. I would say good luck to the Buckeyes, but I don't believe in Luck. I say everything happens like it is suppose to. God Bless and pray no injuries.

Tatum still recruits...no wait...that's us

Eylau
12-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Pulling for Atlanta in a shootout.

poisoned10
12-01-2014, 01:18 PM

This thread is dedicated for praising Gilmer only.

Please take all other non-sense elsewhere.

:D

Eylau
12-01-2014, 01:36 PM
This thread is dedicated for praising Gilmer only.

Please take all other non-sense elsewhere.

:D

Lol! All hail the mighty Buckeyes 😂😂

poisoned10
12-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Lol! All hail the mighty Buckeyes 😂😂

That's better!

movethechain
12-01-2014, 02:02 PM

Don't make us go all "Argyle Eagles" on you now. :wave:

d0tc0m
12-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Having watched quite a bit of film of both of these teams this season, I think Gilmer might have their hands full. Atlanta can match them in the speed department. And while the Rabbits may not be big on the lines, they're quick and have good technique. They have just pestered people this year. I think Atlanta has the athletes to keep up with Lynch and company.

Buuuuuuutttttttt give me the Buckeyes by at least two TDs - the second of which comes late in the fourth to ice the win. Gilmer proved last week that when the chips are down and the game is on the line, the Buckeyes just freaking know how to win. That counts for a lot this time of year.

Leopardfan201
12-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Give me gilmer by 14

toddg
12-01-2014, 04:32 PM
luck favors the prepared

buckeyebob
12-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Give me gilmer by 14

We'll be easier for ya than the Rabbits.

pancho villa
12-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Atlanta wins by 21 because they play much better Defense.

lostaussie
12-02-2014, 10:17 AM

Our defense is WAY better than most think.....lol

poisoned10
12-02-2014, 01:18 PM

Gilmer and Atlanta have a few common opponents; Daingerfield, Liberty-Eylau, Pleasant Grove, Gladewater, Tatum and Melissa.

Gilmer's Points Against: 100
Atlanta's Points Against: 148.5

There is a .5 because Atlanta played Tatum twice while Gilmer only played them once. So I took the average of the 2 games against Tatum.

lostaussie
12-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Gilmer and Atlanta have a few common opponents; Daingerfield, Liberty-Eylau, Pleasant Grove, Gladewater, Tatum and Melissa.

Gilmer's Points Against: 100
Atlanta's Points Against: 148.5

There is a .5 because Atlanta played Tatum twice while Gilmer only played them once. So I took the average of the 2 games against Tatum.

The other thing is we have given up a bunch of 4th quarter points with our 2's and 3's. Our 1's are plenty good enough to get us where we want to be.

pirate4state
12-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Go buckeyes!

d0tc0m
12-02-2014, 02:12 PM
The other thing is we have given up a bunch of 4th quarter points with our 2's and 3's. Our 1's are plenty good enough to get us where we want to be.

With that offense, your 2's and 3's are probably good enough to get you where you want to be.

lostaussie
12-02-2014, 03:01 PM
With that offense, your 2's and 3's are probably good enough to get you where you want to be.

You said it, not me..........we did break our single season scoring record friday night. TV broadcast stated we needed 40 to reach 789. After the way we scored 41.....it wasn't mentioned again. But I believe we have scored 790 with AT LEAST one more game to go.

waterboy
12-02-2014, 03:13 PM
We've scored 784 points, and given up 212. Numbers don't really matter at this point, though. I just want to win THIS week against Atlanta. They are a dangerous team for sure.

d0tc0m
12-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Wish I could make this one and the Celina/Sweetwater game this week. However, if the Bobcats and Buckeyes both win, I think I'm taking a couple of my friends from this yankee territory on a long road trip to show them some real Texas HS football.

waterboy
12-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Wish I could make this one and the Celina/Sweetwater game this week. However, if the Bobcats and Buckeyes both win, I think I'm taking a couple of my friends from this yankee territory on a long road trip to show them some real Texas HS football.

I hope we are able to oblige!:D

poisoned10
12-02-2014, 03:41 PM

I thought about that, but in those games, I believe our 2's/3's only gave up 1 TD and that was to Daingerfield.

Our top players played the whole game against Tatum and Gladewater. Daingerfield scored their TD late and I believe Pleasant Grove scored their TD in the 2nd quarter, if I remember correctly. So most of the points given up in those games were by our starters.

Edit: I forgot to include L-E in there, but I think the 2's/3's only gave up 1 of the 2 touchdowns. But that's been too long ago to remember.

d0tc0m
12-02-2014, 03:41 PM
I hope we are able to oblige!:D

Hope my Bobcats are too! That'd sure make for a fun semifinal game.

Aesculus gilmus
12-02-2014, 03:42 PM
The other day when I was updating buckeyebob's list, I totally forgot about the bi-district game in 2011, which Gilmer won 48-14. That game was also at Lobo Stadium.

I think I blocked that game out because I was so sick that night I had to leave at halftime. Hat tip to Joe Dodd for reminding me of this one.

So Friday night will be the seventh time Gilmer and Atlanta have played just since 2010.

poisoned10
12-02-2014, 03:43 PM
Hope my Bobcats are too! That'd sure make for a fun semifinal game.

Been there, done that back in 2003.

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind seeing Celina again.

d0tc0m
12-02-2014, 03:53 PM

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind seeing Celina again.

Ah, yes, more than a decade removed from what is arguably the least talented Celina team of my lifetime. That's actually not a joke. That Celina team couldn't hang within 50 of this year's group.

What was that receiver's name for the Buckeyes back then? Kid killed our poor 5'7 CB all night long on a simple slant pattern.

d0tc0m
12-02-2014, 03:56 PM

Meanwhile, Atlanta fans can't contain themselves at the irony of this quote.

buckeyebob
12-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Ah, yes, more than a decade removed from what is arguably the least talented Celina team of my lifetime. That's actually not a joke. That Celina team couldn't hang within 50 of this year's group.

What was that receiver's name for the Buckeyes back then? Kid killed our poor 5'7 CB all night long on a simple slant pattern.

I think you are talking about:
Andrew Hines, Gilmer, 5-9, 185, 4.4 (Trinity Valley C.C.)

d0tc0m
12-02-2014, 04:25 PM
I think you are talking about:
Andrew Hines, Gilmer, 5-9, 185, 4.4 (Trinity Valley C.C.)

Could've been. For some reason I thought he was a lot bigger than 5-9, though. Kid had some wheels on him, that I remember very clearly. The crazy thing is, the kid who was covering him was just as fast in a flat out foot race. He had no idea how to defend, though.

lostaussie
12-02-2014, 04:41 PM

That might have been Manual Johnson, who was moved to QB the next year.....and the rest is history!!

d0tc0m
12-02-2014, 04:44 PM
That might have been Manual Johnson, who was moved to QB the next year.....and the rest is history!!

That's the one. Kid was unreal. That move seemed to work out OK the next year.

waterboy
12-02-2014, 05:05 PM
That's the one. Kid was unreal. That move seemed to work out OK the next year.

Yep, that was Manuel Johnson that had the big game against y'all that year. Andrew Hines was our go to RB that year. We had tons of talent that year, but we really hadn't learned how to win consistently yet. Ironically, that was the year we ran into the Atlanta team that had so much speed it made our guys look like they were running in mucky mud. Atlanta went on to win a state championship in convincing fashion in '03. I do think our players underestimated them that year, but they were very good on both sides of the ball.

poisoned10
12-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Meanwhile, Atlanta fans can't contain themselves at the irony of this quote.

Touché.

But, that is the last (only) time Gilmer and Celina played. Gilmer and Atlanta have played several times since '03.

d0tc0m
12-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Touché.

But, that is the last (only) time Gilmer and Celina played. Gilmer and Atlanta have played several times since '03.

Oh I know, I'm just giving you a hard time. Gilmer has given Atlanta the business plenty of times since '03 ... and might give them the business Friday night. I hope it's a good game, and I think Atlanta has the athletes to make it interesting. But I think Gilmer has the pedigree and just knows how to win enough to pull this one out.

buckeyebob
12-02-2014, 06:51 PM

I do believe you are right...Manual is 6'+ & one heck of an athlete...he did lead us to SC in 2004 & could run like the wind.

Aggie98
12-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Manuel Johnson had a pretty good career at Oklahoma as well. I think I saw him catch a TD pass in a Dallas Cowboys preseason game a few years ago.

waterboy
12-03-2014, 08:48 AM
The atmosphere at the Gilmer / Gladewater game was awesome. Longview ISD said over 15,400 tickets were sold, which doesn't include bands, players, coaches, media, and other VIPs. I took a couple of pictures. I hope the atmosphere this Friday night is similar.

https://blu170.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=5b3426cc-7af2-11e4-85f8-10604bb2f240&Aux=114%7c0%7c8D1DD16443D2EF0%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7 c%7c%7c10%7cmarkc79%40live.com&cid=e342d930e9dc5121&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att&blob=MHwyMDE0MTEyOF8xOTUzNDcuanBnfGltYWdlL2pwZWc_3 d

https://blu170.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=4a9c4636-7af2-11e4-b24e-00215ad9bd52&Aux=114%7c0%7c8D1DD16320DBA10%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7 c%7c%7c10%7cmarkc79%40live.com&cid=e342d930e9dc5121&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att&blob=MHwyMDE0MTEyOF8xOTU1MjguanBnfGltYWdlL2pwZWc_3 d

poisoned10
12-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Not sure if it's because I'm on Tapatalk but your pictures didn't show up. But I have a couple myself.

waterboy
12-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Don't worry, poisoned, yours were better. I guess mine are a different file type than yours, but mine showed up on the "regular" internet, yours just showed up as links. I can see them, though.

How did you get that panaramic view of the stadium? I probably have that feature on my phone. i'm just not as tech savvy as some of the younger folk. Hmmmm..., maybe I can get one my teenaged daughters to show me how to do it...

poisoned10
12-03-2014, 09:31 AM
I have an iPhone 6 and its part of the Camera app features. If you have a smartphone there are apps you can download.

bobcat1
12-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Has anyone predicted Gilmer by fiddy yet? What about half a hunnert?

lostaussie
12-03-2014, 09:14 PM
Has anyone predicted Gilmer by fiddy yet? What about half a hunnert?

You my friend.......are a piece of work. I guess that's why I lol at you!!
Let's say a 1/4 of a hunnert......hopefully!!!

poisoned10
12-03-2014, 10:04 PM
You my friend.......are a piece of work. I guess that's why I lol at you!!
Let's say a 1/4 of a hunnert......hopefully!!!

I say 1/8 of two hunnert.

waterboy
12-04-2014, 04:02 PM
I honestly don't care how many points we win by just so long as we win. One point is just as good as half a hunnert at this stage, although the latter is a little easier on the ol' ticker.

poisoned10
12-04-2014, 04:54 PM
I honestly don't care how many points we win by just so long as we win. One point is just as good as half a hunnert at this stage, although the latter is a little easier on the ol' ticker.

I probably lost 10 years off my life span because of that game. Not good.

bobcat1
12-04-2014, 08:12 PM
Has Gilmer ever scored 80 in a playoff game?:wave:

Aesculus gilmus
12-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Nov. 21, 2014 - Area Round - E.H. Hanby Stadium, Mesquite
Gilmer 80, Waco Connally 21

lostaussie
12-04-2014, 08:38 PM

Quit it

poisoned10
12-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Nov. 21, 2014 - Area Round - E.H. Hanby Stadium, Mesquite
Gilmer 80, Waco Connally 21

This made me LoL!

bobcat1
12-04-2014, 10:48 PM

Quit it

What?:evillol:

buckeyebob
12-05-2014, 09:12 AM
Time to pack up your stuff...The Posse & I will be leaving @ 11:30 so we can get a choice seat

lostaussie
12-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Time to pack up your stuff...The Posse & I will be leaving @ 11:30 so we can get a choice seat

That's ridiculous!!

waterboy
12-05-2014, 09:39 AM
That's ridiculous!!

I have friends who are leaving at 3:30, right after the girls get out of school. They will be saving us a seat. We will get there about 6:45. Bring your panchos 'cause it looks like there may be a little rain off and on. I'm just hoping for a good clean game with another Buckeye victory.

Aguilafanatico
12-05-2014, 09:44 AM

Damn BB.....I thought our "pregame" group was crazy. 11:30? I get it though, hard for me to concentrate on game days. Good Luck Buckeye's!

waterboy
12-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Damn BB.....I thought our "pregame" group was crazy. 11:30? I get it though, hard for me to concentrate on game days. Good Luck Buckeye's!

I don't think this game will be anywhere near as crowded as last week's game. There were over 15,400 tickets sold in a stadium that holds a little over 9200. That means over 6,000 people had to sit on the grassy hill on the south side of the stadium. You know very well how rabid the Buckeye fans are.:D They show up early, and in droves.

poisoned10
12-05-2014, 01:45 PM
I get off work at 3:30. I'll probably head that way since I'll already be in Longview.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 04:06 PM
NOT the "normal" Gilmer vs Atlanta game tonite, folks.....not tonite. I truly believe Atlanta has proven they have a very "underrated" team this year....if that is possible this far into the season. Heck, they've been Top Ten all year, almost. And have done nothing but win, win, and win. But they're playing their old nemisis the Buckeyes. And a loaded Buckeye team at that, haha. And what about the matchup? Gilmer didn't matchup as well with Gladewater, but will matchup just fine with Atlanta. But Atlanta "knows" what Gilmer will do offensively, and should be prepared for it. They will be....but that may not be enough. I personally have been impressed all season with Atlanta's wins and kept picking them to win each week....and they have. But now they will undergo the supreme test of the season against this multitalented Buckeye group. Do they have enough skill players to offset the skill players of Gilmer? Can they keep it close to the end? NOPE....it should be close maybe at the end of the 3rd quarter, but Gilmer will pull away in the 4th and win this one by 2 touchdowns, jmo. Not that Atlanta isn't a really good team this season, but Gilmer got a big win last week and now it will be very difficult for the Rabbits or anyone else to overcome them this week. Gilmer wins this one 49-35.

Aggie98
12-05-2014, 04:32 PM
I have the Bux winning 56-21. Nobody can out-Gilmer Gilmer.

bobcat1
12-05-2014, 08:03 PM
How much is Gilmer leading by already?

ronwx5x
12-05-2014, 08:14 PM
How much is Gilmer leading by already?Looks like 7-0 Gilmer with 7:14 in the 1st

ronwx5x
12-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Now 7-6 with 6:40 in 1st

poisoned10
12-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Gilmer up 29-6 with 2 seconds left in the 1st.

bobcat1
12-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Gilmer up 43-12

lostaussie
12-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Fiddy to 12

poisoned10
12-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Halftime:

Gilmer : 1/8 of 2 hunnert
Atlanta - 12

poisoned10
12-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Halftime:

Gilmer : 1/8 of 2 hunnert
Atlanta - 12

Math is hard.

Gilmer - 50
Atlanta - 12

poisoned10
12-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Final:

Gilmer: 64
Atlanta - 25

bobcat1
12-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Final:

Atlanta - 25

Sent from my iPhone 6 using TapatalkAlmost by a half a hunnert! Congrats. See ya next week.

Aggie98
12-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Final:

Atlanta - 25

Like I said... You can't out-Gilmer Gilmer.

Bullaholic
12-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Congrats to the Buckeyes for the win, and congrats to Atlanta for a great season.