PDA

View Full Version : Burnet Bulldogs (11-2) vs Liberty Hill Panthers (11-2)

Pages : 1 [2]

LHPfactory
12-05-2014, 03:28 PM
OK - West end near Ticket booth at around 6:30. I'll have on a LH shirt. :D:D:D

For Bulldog fans, the west end is the side farthest from Parmer Lane, gees Panfan make it simple for the Greenvillese....

Yes, one last Jab. I will try to be there as well.... Safe travels and no injuries for all.... Victory only for The Panthers!!!!

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Great venue....great high school football playoff weather.....GREAT MATCHUP!!! I'm almost tempted to run down the road and catch this one in person. But alas....my beloved Argyle Eagles are playing tonite and I WILL NOT miss that one. I will have to say I very much like what I have seen in the Bulldog players. They will be physical, athletic, and play solid team football tonite. Their qb is a talent....I've seen him. The size and athleticism of the team on both sides is very good. They beat a very good Robinson team last week....which I think catapults this team into this game with much confidence tonite. Liberty Hill has played a tough schedule....has seen very good teams....will show up prepared....and does what they do extremely well. But do they really have the defense that can counter the Bulldog attack? I say NO, not the whole game. I believe Burnet will outscore the Panthers tonite and get a few stops on D to put their offense back to work. If Burnet gets the lead, LH is in trouble. But if Burnet gets behind, they have the capacity to make it up quickly....in just several plays! That's why I'm taking Burnet to win this one 34-28. Yep....I think a few field goals might happen tonite. We'll see.....Good luck to both teams and bring your "A" game.

stardog
12-05-2014, 03:38 PM
The Bulldogs just went by the house on their way so clear the highway their coming through !!!!!!!

stardog
12-05-2014, 03:41 PM
FOOTBALL PLAYOFF PREVIEW
Burnet (11-2) vs. Liberty Hill (11-2) CLASS 4A, DIVISION I STATE QUARTERFINAL 7:30 p.m. Friday, Reeves Athletic Complex QUARTERBACK Burnet junior Austin Moore has thrown for 3,752 yards and 35 touchdowns in his first season as the Bulldogs’starter. Liberty Hill senior Nick Hernandez has attempted only 16 passes this year, but one of his two touchdown passes was the game-winner last week in a 31-21 victory over Rockport-Fulton. Edge: Burnet
OTHER OFFENSE A Burnet offense scoring 44.5 points per game boasts one 1,000-yard rusher (Eric Walker) and two 1,000-yard receivers (Joel Johnson and Cody Jones). Liberty Hill junior Jon Shannon has rushed for 1,811 yards and 25 touchdowns, and he’s averaging 6.7 yards per carry. Edge: Liberty Hill
DEFENSE Burnet is giving up 24.4 points per game, but four teams have scored at least 35 points against the Bulldogs. After allowing 27.6 points per game in the regular season, Liberty Hill has surrendered 70 points over its three postseason games. Edge: Liberty Hill
SPECIALTEAMS Burnet sophomore Steven Gallardo scored on an 81-yard kickoff return in a playoff game against Waco Robinson last week. Liberty Hill’s Lucas Rizzotto has kicked five field goals this year. Edge: Burnet
INTANGIBLES Burnet is 3-0 this season against teams from Liberty Hill’s district, and the Bulldogs’average margin of victory in those games was 36.7 points. Liberty Hill recorded a 14-7 win over Burnet in 2013. Edge: Liberty Hill
— DANNY DAVIS

Not that I agree with all this, but hey its in Print so its got to be true.That's 3 LH edges to Burnet's 2 - guess we don't need to play tonight. LH WINS!

LH want have an edge on the Bulldogs in any thing tonight !!!!!

stardog
12-05-2014, 03:47 PM
To cite RF's defensive efforts against LH's Slot T is dumb. Seibert might know the Slot-T better than Vance. RF knew how LH teaches it, knows what the reads are, the counters are, etc. Burnet probably has a good defensive game plan for this one. However, I doubt it's as thorough as RF's was. Once LH figures out what you're doing and how you're playing it, the counters will start coming, and coming. Good luck to the Burnet front 7:evil grin:

Killing me I can't make this one.
Stupid quote about dumb. They stopped them period. I think our coaches are smart enough to figure this slot T out and be ready for it. You don't have to go to Vance's school of football to know this Slot_T. Third year for Coach Jones and Burnet in getting better year. FACT !!!!!

stardog
12-05-2014, 03:57 PM
He could barely talk after last week's game.

This poll is all green. They got some of it in the wrong place. I took one of them polls here in Burnet County and it was 999 to 1 for the GREEN. That 1 is no longer in the county.

Cam
12-05-2014, 04:38 PM
I just passed the buses on 29....but I'm goin' the opposite direction home.....I gotta take a crap!!!.....:crazy1::doh:.....and no panfan.........it ain't nerves!!...it was that chili I had for lunch and chased down by some chocolate chip cookies.....all home made by a co-worker!!!....

panfan
12-05-2014, 04:49 PM
I just passed the buses on 29....but I'm goin' the opposite direction home.....I gotta take a crap!!!.....:crazy1::doh:.....and no panfan.........it ain't nerves!!...it was that chili I had for lunch and chased down by some chocolate chip cookies.....all home made by a co-worker!!!....
I paid one of your coworkers off earlier this week to slip some mag sulfate in those dishes. Little parting gift for this Friday.

Cam
12-05-2014, 04:55 PM
I got my attire ready and my game face on!!!

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0302.jpg

I got ya one too panfan!!!!.....:D

Cam
12-05-2014, 04:56 PM
I paid one of your coworkers off earlier this week to slip some mag sulfate in those dishes. Little parting gift for this Friday.

....I just knew it!!!!:foul:

BwdLion73
12-05-2014, 05:03 PM

Thank you for sharing that...Make sure you keep me and Scoop updated! ... I mean on the game tonight! :crazy:

LHPfactory
12-05-2014, 05:17 PM
The last time LH played in The Palace was during the Region III final of 2006 against #1 Ranked Giddings. We had 2 losses during a very tough predistrict schedule and NO-ONE thought our boys had a chance against the Buffs. After some intense football and a small Brawl on the field the Panthers went on to win a Championship that year.

I know Burnet has quite an Offense and many dont believe we can stop them, but I know our boys can, I just know it.

Come on Panthers do something special tonight.

panfan
12-05-2014, 05:19 PM
880Got my gloves on ready to go.

Cam
12-05-2014, 05:23 PM
The last time LH played in The Palace was during the Region III final of 2006 against #1 Ranked Giddings. We had 2 losses during a very tough predistrict schedule and NO-ONE thought our boys had a chance against the Buffs. After some intense football and a small Brawl on the field the Panthers went on to win a Championship that year.

I know Burnet has quite an Offense and many dont believe we can stop them, but I know our boys can, I just know it.

....should be a fun game....I'll probably suck trying to take pictures while watching the game!!.....Go Dawgs!!

Cam
12-05-2014, 05:26 PM
880Got my gloves on ready to go.

:spitlol:....good one!!!....OK, I'm outta here....gettin' ready to hit the road....wife and son want pizza....just what my stomach needs after that chili!!!......

BullDawgDad
12-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Burnet scores first @Austin_BTX_15 7 yards to @mrJo_el TD Burnet 7 - LH 0 #BurnetBulldogs #centexpreps #txhsfb

lv2937
12-05-2014, 09:31 PM
7/7 half time

BullDawgDad
12-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Its HALFTIME Burnet 7 - LH 7 we have a ballgame folks!! #BurnetBulldogs #centexpreps #txhsfb

BullDawgDad
12-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Burnet comes up with big stop on 4th down deep in their own end. Vance makes bad decision not to take FG with 1:05 left til halftime. May come back and bite the panthers

44INAROW
12-05-2014, 10:03 PM

Wasn't that the game with the fist fight on the 50 yd line?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

44INAROW
12-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Panthers win 23-15

Congrats Panthers 👏👏👏👏

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Man what a game! I am hoarse! Nice job cats!

bobcat1
12-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Congrats LH! Great season Burnet!

Rocket Man
12-06-2014, 12:20 AM
A LH person told me on the FNR app that y'all are playing at McLane next week regardless of who wins Hen/Nav. Any confirmation of that by any of you Barneys?

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2014, 12:46 AM
Wasn't that the game with the fist fight on the 50 yd line?

Yes it was! Y'all left not long before. :D :doh:

panfan
12-06-2014, 12:50 AM
What a solid game played by both sides. Burnet played well except for a couple turnovers. LH defense stepped up big time.
GREAT season Burnet.

panfan
12-06-2014, 01:13 AM
A LH person told me on the FNR app that y'all are playing at McLane next week regardless of who wins Hen/Nav. Any confirmation of that by any of you Barneys?

Haven't heard anything yet, but will know more tomorrow. Waco would make sense though given where the other two teams are located and where we are.

panfan
12-06-2014, 01:13 AM
Man what a game! I am hoarse! Nice job cats!

Yes it was.

panfan
12-06-2014, 01:23 AM
I posted this earlier saying we felt a little bit a dejavu: LH wins 28 to 15. I really thought the game would come down to a score separation of 3 points or less. Burnet had their opportunities to possibly tie the game there at the end, but that miscue on the snap and turnover sealed it. So very proud of our young men, as I know Burnet is proud of theirs.

Cam
12-06-2014, 02:04 AM
I'm totally pissed!!!......this never should've happened....I got home, unwrapped my whataburger...and found onions in it!!....I said no onions!!!.....:foul:

oh...as far as the game....Wow what a turnout!...what a game!.....all high school games should be like that...I was really hoping for a classic finish there at the end......hey panfan, if I may borrow a line from you that you texted me last year after you LH playoff loss to Vernon....."Well, that sucked!"....:spitlol:

But seriously, congrats and good luck to the Barneys next week.....Burnet will be back......it was good meeting with you before the game.....and it sure was nice meeting Greendawg...oh wait...I already knew that guy!!....Also, it was nice to meet stardog after the game.....he's a cool cat...uhh...I mean dog.......but where was everybody else??.....

Hey panfan, I got some interesting & good news about Burnet football.......I'll PM you..

LHPfactory
12-06-2014, 02:21 AM

I knew our boys could do it, Great Job!

Great season Burnet.

I liked seeing the players hug before and after the game. I also liked the house Divided Burnet- LH T-Shirts.

panfan
12-06-2014, 02:40 AM
I'm totally pissed!!!......this never should've happened....I got home, unwrapped my whataburger...and found onions in it!!....I said no onions!!!.....:foul:

oh...as far as the game....Wow what a turnout!...what a game!.....all high school games should be like that...I was really hoping for a classic finish there at the end......hey panfan, if I may borrow a line from you that you texted me last year after you LH playoff loss to Vernon....."Well, that sucked!"....:spitlol:

But seriously, congrats and good luck to the Barneys next week.....Burnet will be back......it was good meeting with you before the game.....and it sure was nice meeting Greendawg...oh wait...I already knew that guy!!....Also, it was nice to meet stardog after the game.....he's a cool cat...uhh...I mean dog.......but where was everybody else??.....

Hey panfan, I got some interesting & good news about Burnet football.......I'll PM you..

Good meeting you finally. I met with G-dawg earlier in the day.:D Don't know where others were.

BullDawgDad
12-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Good meeting you finally. I met with G-dawg earlier in the day.:D Don't know where others were.

Well played by Liberty Hill last night. Was a hard fought game. I was visiting with my oldest son who came down from Wyoming so I didn't make it down there last night to meet you all. Next time....I'm sure there will be some more epic games in the future. Good luck to Liberty Hill in their continued quest.

panfan
12-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Well played by Liberty Hill last night. Was a hard fought game. I was visiting with my oldest son who came down from Wyoming so I didn't make it down there last night to meet you all. Next time....I'm sure there will be some more epic games in the future. Good luck to Liberty Hill in their continued quest.
Lived in Wyoming for ~5 years. Loved it, except the 9 months of winter!

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Don't know where others were.
I was on the way from work with plans to make it. We had some Momma drama (my Momma). She was "lost" & no one could get in touch with her. As it turns out, she misplaced her cell, battery went dead & the house phone went out. She's fine. :)

panfan
12-06-2014, 09:25 AM
I was on the way from work with plans to make it. We had some Momma drama (my Momma). She was "lost" & no one could get in touch with her. As it turns out, she misplaced her cell, battery went dead & the house phone went out. She's fine. :)

Mama Drama - that's classic. Glad Mom's mom is doing good.

Bullaholic
12-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Congrats to Liberty Hill for the win, and to Burnet for a great season.

panfan
12-06-2014, 09:48 AM
This thread has got to be one of the all time best love fests between 2 adjacent towns this deep into the playoffs. :)

I surely hope for a clean, fairly officiated contest so that the love fest can continue. Both teams have some great players and great coaching. Would love to be there.

PS, in the old days, there'd be some mighty poo slinging/slobberknocking going on with the likes of Super R, Daddy D, LH Hex and the rest of y'all. I haven't voted in the poll. It is a coin flip IMO. Drive safe y'all.

I personally try to keep it civil until its time to be uncivil. Can talk smack without being turds about it. They didn't go there so we didn't go there. Did you vote correctly?

Rabid Cougar
12-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Barneys win! I picked correctly.... Cool!

Cam
12-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Reading body language! While looking through the camera lens during this play I took a quick peak at the LH sideline. I immediately noticed the coach bent over with his hands on his knees. To me that's a sign of stress of heavy thinking......either that or he was just trying to pass gas!....I thought to myself, "It's a fake!".....Sure enough...Liberty Hill TD!!!......

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0490.jpg

stardog
12-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Well its lunch time so I here for my crow. I figured I'm late and would only be buzzard left. Was a great game. LH put a whoopin on Burnet. I believe they controlled the game pretty good. Burnet just couldn't get their offense going. Congratulation to Liberty Hill. They had a triple victory last night. They won region, moved on in playoffs to play another game and beat Burnet. Good luck next week !

Cam
12-06-2014, 01:03 PM
RB Jon Shannon
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0305.jpg

Cam
12-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Junior WR #18 Joel Johnson
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0400.jpg

Cam
12-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Panther RB Caleb Guerin TD run
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0457.jpg

Cam
12-06-2014, 01:30 PM
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0381.jpg

Cam
12-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Junior WR Joel Johnson
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0495.jpg

Cam
12-06-2014, 01:40 PM
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0417.jpg

Cam
12-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Seniors Christopher Saldivar & Jarrett Thornley
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0529.jpg

Cam
12-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Senior lineman Michael Wendling & junior QB Austin Moore
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0518.jpg

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2014, 03:23 PM
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0381.jpg
Last night when I sent the halftime score to some folks, the last part of my text was "It was a WAR!". I think this picture pretty much sums up the majority of the game.

lv2937
12-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Congrats to the panthers. Don't think the best team won but that's high school football. As one of the panthers school board member told me last week Burnet is the better team but LH will out coach them. I agree with him now. Our coach played 3 guys on defence the whole game that hasn't played hardly all year . The reason why he players them was they where harder hitters and seniors. One of the guys he benched won the game for us last week with the sack at the end of the game. Never cared for our coach and care less about him now. Good luck in you next game

LHPfactory
12-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Great pics Cam

LHPfactory
12-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Congrats to the panthers. Don't think the best team won but that's high school football. As one of the panthers school board member told me last week Burnet is the better team but LH will out coach them. I agree with him now. Our coach played 3 guys on defence the whole game that hasn't played hardly all year . The reason why he players them was they where harder hitters and seniors. One of the guys he benched won the game for us last week with the sack at the end of the game. Never cared for our coach and care less about him now. Good luck in you next game

I have to disagree with your post on one point. Burnet may have had the more talented team, but not the better team.

This will be LHs 5th Semi Final Game over the past 10 years. I believe we have great Coaches, Kids, and Community. All this adds up to allow LH to beat all levels of teams on a regular basis.

A great Slot-T coach told me you have to have kids that are unselfish and hard working for our style of football to produce.

That being said you could see that the Burnet kids showed to have these same qualities, you could tell.

The one thing I was disappointed in ( as I always am when I see it at any HighSchool Game) is the Burnet fans that began leaving the stadium when the score hit 23-7. I know not all the fans are like this.
Its sad to think of all the hard work these boys put in year after year to get where they did and some people dont have enough "UNSELFISHNESS" To stay and support the kids. We are supposed to be there for the kids, not the other way around.

Congrats Bulldogs, you did a great job of treating your fans to 14 football games this year, thats quite an accomplishment.

stardog
12-06-2014, 11:51 PM
I have to disagree with your post on one point. Burnet may have had the more talented team, but not the better team.

This will be LHs 5th Semi Final Game over the past 10 years. I believe we have great Coaches, Kids, and Community. All this adds up to allow LH to beat all levels of teams on a regular basis.

A great Slot-T coach told me you have to have kids that are unselfish and hard working for our style of football to produce.

That being said you could see that the Burnet kids showed to have these same qualities, you could tell.

The one thing I was disappointed in ( as I always am when I see it at any HighSchool Game) is the Burnet fans that began leaving the stadium when the score hit 23-7. I know not all the fans are like this.
Its sad to think of all the hard work these boys put in year after year to get where they did and some people dont have enough "UNSELFISHNESS" To stay and support the kids. We are supposed to be there for the kids, not the other way around.

Congrats Bulldogs, you did a great job of treating your fans to 14 football games this year, thats quite an accomplishment.

There are a lot of the folks that don't go to any away games, a lot that don't show up at home games if they think you might lose. I love Texas HS football. There is no better entertainment on Thursday and Friday nights. I go to all games home or away. Like it when JV and Freshman play at same site so can watch both. I lived in Wyoming for 29 years but always kept up with Texas HS football. Even when the bye week hits gives me a chance to go watch a 6-man game. Really enjoy those games. When Burnet's not playing anymore I try to go to another playoff game if it's not to far away.

lv2937
12-07-2014, 09:09 AM
I agree with you about the fans leaving. I hate to see that. Also seen a bunch of LH fans leaving when ya,ll were ahead 23/7. My wife made a comment about it.

panfan
12-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Well its lunch time so I here for my crow. I figured I'm late and would only be buzzard left. Was a great game. LH put a whoopin on Burnet. I believe they controlled the game pretty good. Burnet just couldn't get their offense going. Congratulation to Liberty Hill. They had a triple victory last night. They won region, moved on in playoffs to play another game and beat Burnet. Good luck next week !
Plenty for crow all! Burnet played a good game, just made a few too many mistakes. Time to put this one to bed. Bring in the rattlers.

panfan
12-07-2014, 10:08 PM
There are a lot of the folks that don't go to any away games, a lot that don't show up at home games if they think you might lose. I love Texas HS football. There is no better entertainment on Thursday and Friday nights. I go to all games home or away. Like it when JV and Freshman play at same site so can watch both. I lived in Wyoming for 29 years but always kept up with Texas HS football. Even when the bye week hits gives me a chance to go watch a 6-man game. Really enjoy those games. When Burnet's not playing anymore I try to go to another playoff game if it's not to far away.

Where did you live in Wyoming?

stardog
12-08-2014, 12:56 AM
Where did you live in Wyoming?

Evanston