PDA

View Full Version : I Think I have cursed the GOBBLERS!

KingRob
11-29-2014, 05:53 AM
So.....I'm thinking I've cursed my all time team THE CUERO GOBBLERS!

Okay, I have just moved back to Texas from living overseas for 28 years , born and raised in CUERO.

I haven't been able to see many games. So, I figure...if works allows it, I'm gonna see some high school football.

I was able to attend only 3 CHS games (but I also went to several games in the Houston area), anyways:

CUERO - CALHOUN - Brought my son to his first ever CUERO high school game! (He's 24, born and raised overseas).
*Cuero seemed out of it. I don't think D. Hopkins played very much in this game, the team missed him.
Cuero LOST!

Cuero - Columbus - Decided for me and Son to take a ride down Katy freeway West, and watch some Cuero-Columbus action.
We actually took the back roads. It was very interesting. Anyways, We find the stadium, and Cuero just seemed out of it. Flat.
Then in the 3rd qtr, they were a different team. The GOBBLER crowd really got into it. The few folks on the Columbus side seemed in awe of the noise the Cuero crowd could make.
CUERO WON, But for a bit, I wasn't too sure.

Cuero - Yoakum - Went to the game with an great old high school friend. She evened noticed how loud the Yoakum crowd was, and how the Cuero crowd was a bit subdued from the onset. Cuero came out flat again, and it's all my fault. Nothing bad about Yoakum, I should've stayed home and listened to the game on Gobblersports.com. Maybe we would've won.

It just seems like every game I go to we somehow lose.

With being said, the Cuero High School Marching Band and The Trotters were really good tonight.

I can't believe the season is over. I should've gone to more games....or maybe not.:thinking:

KR

Cowboy_Up
11-29-2014, 09:09 AM
I had no dog in the hunt, in fact my son who went with me and has played against both teams jokingly said he was rooting for a 0-0 tie.

But, regarding the Cuero crowd being quiet, what was up with that? Looked to be more Cuero folks but the Dawg crowd was way louder. Loved how the Yoakum crowd got into in whenever Cuero had a key 3rd down, they really made some noise. Cuero crowd, not so much. Really felt like Yoakum was more hungry for the win and Cuero fans just expected to win. No bad mouthing, just an observation.