PDA

View Full Version : Argyle (13-0) vs Liberty Eylau (8-5)

Eagle Nation
11-28-2014, 11:45 PM
This will the first meeting between these two.

Aesculus gilmus
11-29-2014, 12:40 AM
I happened to tune in the LE game via my phone after our game was over tonight and heard one of their broadcasters talking about Argyle since they were already four TDs ahead of Paris with only a few minutes left in the game.

He said the problem with Metroplex teams is they are big and skilled, but just do not have the speed to keep up with the teams out here in East Texas. You Arygle fans have heard this many times and your teams have disproved this canard repeatedly, but I just wanted to let you know that schools which haven't played you are still repeating the stereotype.

I am expecting an Argyle beatdown in this one. It won't be like the Kennedale game.

LE players ARE fast, though. He's not making that part up and they obviously must have improved tremendously since their 55-16 loss to Gilmer in August.

Eylau
11-29-2014, 01:01 AM
LE offense played great tonight, and the offense stripped 3 fumbles and had an interception but will have to do a much better job of tackling to hang with Argyle. We seemed more worried about stripping the ball than actually making tackles at times.

I think we can score on Argyle, especially seeing how Kennedale ran all over them. Just not sure how well of a job we will do at stopping them from scoring. Our team will bring all we've got and go for the upset. Hope I can make this game, I've been wanting to see Argyle play in person.

LEFAN80
11-29-2014, 01:23 AM
I happened to tune in the LE game via my phone after our game was over tonight and heard one of their broadcasters talking about Argyle since they were already four TDs ahead of Paris with only a few minutes left in the game.

He said the problem with Metroplex teams is they are big and skilled, but just do not have the speed to keep up with the teams out here in East Texas. You Arygle fans have heard this many times and your teams have disproved this canard repeatedly, but I just wanted to let you know that schools which haven't played you are still repeating the stereotype.

I am expecting an Argyle beatdown in this one. It won't be like the Kennedale game.

LE players ARE fast, though. He's not making that part up and they obviously must have improved tremendously since their 55-16 loss to Gilmer in August.

We lost to Paris 24-7 then beat them 48-21

I'm not sure if our annoucers said this BC if true they are idots but we have made strides but we all know that Argyle will be a reach.

Eylau
11-29-2014, 01:44 AM
Royce city Friday at 7:30

garageoffice
11-29-2014, 02:01 AM

I find this particularly humorous! LE may be fast, but speed is relative and only matters to a certain degree. If your offense isn't faster than your opponent, you just have to be fast enough to continuously move the ball far enough...you don't have to break big plays. If your defense isn't faster, then you just have to be fast enough and play positions well enough to limit your opponent's gains and get a few stops.

Tonight, I thought it was obvious that Kennedale was substantially faster overall than Argyle. In the end, though, they couldn't stop Argyle consistently enough and couldn't score on a couple of critical drives. While Kennedale broke a bunch of big plays, Argyle mostly marched down the field. It was obvious early in the game that it was going to be a game of possessions, and Kennedale failed to score on a couple of occasions when they needed to (a little more creativity from the OC would have certainly helped inside the 5 yard line). Kennedale's speed gave them a good shot at winning, but they just fell a couple of plays short.

LE may be fast, but unless they can stop Argyle consistently that speed won't matter much. I think Argyle takes this game easily.

LEFAN80
11-29-2014, 02:53 AM
I find this particularly humorous! LE may be fast, but speed is relative and only matters to a certain degree. If your offense isn't faster than your opponent, you just have to be fast enough to continuously move the ball far enough...you don't have to break big plays. If your defense isn't faster, then you just have to be fast enough and play positions well enough to limit your opponent's gains and get a few stops.

Tonight, I thought it was obvious that Kennedale was substantially faster overall than Argyle. In the end, though, they couldn't stop Argyle consistently enough and couldn't score on a couple of critical drives. While Kennedale broke a bunch of big plays, Argyle mostly marched down the field. It was obvious early in the game that it was going to be a game of possessions, and Kennedale failed to score on a couple of occasions when they needed to (a little more creativity from the OC would have certainly helped inside the 5 yard line). Kennedale's speed gave them a good shot at winning, but they just fell a couple of plays short.

LE may be fast, but unless they can stop Argyle consistently that speed won't matter much. I think Argyle takes this game easily.

It couldnt have been our people who said that I'm sure somebody is stirring up tho pot lol

hollywood
11-29-2014, 02:59 AM

SMH.. These East Texas folks crack me up! Football isn't all about having the fastst players on the field! Come on Argyle! Show 'em strength, execution and discipline is the name of the game. You take care of business next week and Stephenville takes care of business next week, it's a date! Good luck

LEFAN80
11-29-2014, 04:27 AM
SMH.. These East Texas folks crack me up! Football isn't all about having the fastst players on the field! Come on Argyle! Show 'em strength, execution and discipline is the name of the game. You take care of business next week and Stephenville takes care of business next week, it's a date! Good luck
You guys are so sensitive this post was made obviously to cause a stir and it most certainly have LE started the year 1-5 and are probably 20 point underdogs we could care less about who is the fastest.

LEFAN80
11-29-2014, 04:29 AM

Lol we are not by any chance underestimating these guys they are #1 lol what a pathetic post you just be glad y'all don't have to play them.

buckeyebob
11-29-2014, 07:44 AM
LE offense played great tonight, and the offense stripped 3 fumbles and had an interception but will have to do a much better job of tackling to hang with Argyle. We seemed more worried about stripping the ball than actually making tackles at times.

I think we can score on Argyle, especially seeing how Kennedale ran all over them. Just not sure how well of a job we will do at stopping them from scoring. Our team will bring all we've got and go for the upset. Hope I can make this game, I've been wanting to see Argyle play in person.

Be careful for what you wish...the Bux are very familiar with Argyle...they are very tough

RPF2666
11-29-2014, 07:51 AM
This will be a NO CONTEST....

Argyle's biggest challenge, prior to the Semi Finals happened last night...

Eylau
11-29-2014, 08:51 AM
Lets shock Texas LE.... As I assumed it would be, nobody gonna give LE a chance to even keep it close. Any team is beatable, especially when composed of high school kids. Last state championship run LE had, they played a game where they were huge underdogs like this. 2006 vs Gilmer, ended up being one of the all time great games in east Texas.

It sure won't be easy to beat Argyle.
Kennedale ran all over them and LE's offense is even faster than Kennedales. I just worry about our defense being able to stop them.

KALE!

Aesculus gilmus
11-29-2014, 09:01 AM
I am not stirring the pot. I just heard what Kenneth said and was immediately SMH. But I like your broadcasters. I've often listened to LE games over the years. They just need to realize they have a worldwide reach now. I didn't even need an app to hear him say that last night. Just tuned him in via my Chrome browser.

My prediction of an Argyle beatdown comes from four years of watching that program. But I don't dislike the LE program. I'm glad to see y'all are good again.

Eylau
11-29-2014, 09:04 AM
I am not stirring the pot. I just heard what Kenneth said and was immediately SMH. But I like your broadcasters. I've often listened to LE games over the years. They just need to realize they have a worldwide reach now. I didn't even need an app to hear him say that last night. Just tuned him in via my Chrome browser.

My prediction of an Argyle beatdown comes from four years of watching that program. But I don't dislike the LE program. I'm glad to see y'all are good again.

Well just because one person said it doesn't mean all us LE folks think it lol. I have a ton of respect for argyle's program. I don't know why anybody thinks living in the eastern part of the state would mean you run faster lol.

We know what we are up against. Lol

Anyone know where there is any film on argyle online?

bobcat1
11-29-2014, 09:12 AM
Well just because one person said it doesn't mean all us LE folks think it lol. I have a ton of respect for argyle's program. I don't know why anybody thinks living in the eastern part of the state would mean you run faster lol.

We know what we are up against. Lol

Anyone know where there is any film on argyle online?
Just know you have to stop the beast known as Ralston. No one else has even slowed him down. Speed won't tackle him.

Aesculus gilmus
11-29-2014, 09:12 AM
http://www.icblivetv.com/video/8153

Here's the entire game against a common opponent.

LEFAN80
11-29-2014, 09:37 AM

Kenneth is a knuckle head smh lol he just speaks out the side of his head even tho its entertaining sometimes lol

LEFAN80
11-29-2014, 09:39 AM
Just know you have to stop the beast known as Ralston. No one else has even slowed him down. Speed won't tackle him.

We know who #22 is lol

bearbear78
11-29-2014, 11:20 AM
We know who #22 is lol
LE stops him and they can win. Heck with the blow out predictions. Go back and read how bad they were to beat the Kennedale team. Do not give Ralston a short field to work with and be prepared to bang with him for 48 minutes. If you cant stop him or counter every time, get ready for a long night.

LEFAN80
11-29-2014, 12:06 PM
LE stops him and they can win. Heck with the blow out predictions. Go back and read how bad they were to beat the Kennedale team. Do not give Ralston a short field to work with and be prepared to bang with him for 48 minutes. If you cant stop him or counter every time, get ready for a long night.

We will have a gameplan just hope that we can execute it

Eagle Nation
11-29-2014, 12:13 PM
Argyle will the home team for this game.

regaleagle
11-29-2014, 03:02 PM
IMHO, Argyle just played a highly talented team in a playoff scenario that they needed to play. Up to this point, it had been since early season since this Eagle team has been seriously challenged....that's a long time. Football teams are like fine-tuned instruments that require constant maintenance and special care. If you don't keep them performing at a very high level, they can get a little out of whack. I think the Eagles will be hitting on all cylinders from here on out. This year's team is predominately sophs. and juniors. The learning curve for these players has vastly improved thru the season, and so has the maturity level. Senior-laden teams usually have an advantage....those extra games and that extra maturing time for high school boys does make a big difference. If Argyle can win this regional final this year, that would be a great accomplishment for this year's team. To be undefeated at this juncture is far beyond what just about anyone expected with the schedule they played early. This team is still improving by the week.

Aguilafanatico
11-29-2014, 03:28 PM
Lets shock Texas LE.... As I assumed it would be, nobody gonna give LE a chance to even keep it close. Any team is beatable, especially when composed of high school kids. Last state championship run LE had, they played a game where they were huge underdogs like this. 2006 vs Gilmer, ended up being one of the all time great games in east Texas.

It sure won't be easy to beat Argyle.
Kennedale ran all over them and LE's offense is even faster than Kennedales. I just worry about our defense being able to stop them.

KALE!

We have played (and beaten) teams with more overall speed than Kennedale, speed is not a huge concern. Does LE have Juwon Washington? He was the issue for Argyle last night. Argyle figured some things out in the second half as he only had 59 of his 303 after halftime. Yes there were others with big yards but that was do mostly to the over-compensation for JW. That kid is special and you don't beat Kennedale unless you can slow him. Argyle did in the second half and that was the difference (besides our offense continuing to roll). Speed is good to have but you can't beat Argyle with speed alone IMO.

Aguilafanatico
11-29-2014, 03:33 PM

Would love to see an Argyle vs Stephenville semifinal as that is what I expected before the season began.......but first things first. We both have our hands full this week. If we both take care of business we will accept your invitation. Glad to hear you guys are back at full strength. It's how it should be this time of the year. No "what ifs".

Eylau
11-29-2014, 04:02 PM
We have played (and beaten) teams with more overall speed than Kennedale, speed is not a huge concern. Does LE have Juwon Washington? He was the issue for Argyle last night. Argyle figured some things out in the second half as he only had 59 of his 303 after halftime. Yes there were others with big yards but that was do mostly to the over-compensation for JW. That kid is special and you don't beat Kennedale unless you can slow him. Argyle did in the second half and that was the difference (besides our offense continuing to roll). Speed is good to have but you can't beat Argyle with speed alone IMO.

No but we do have Kemon freeman and Donnelle hoof.
Both have had 200+ rushing games in the playoffs and they are both always on the field at the same time. Both rushed for over 100 each last night. I think we will be able to keep this game closer than everyone thinks

regaleagle
11-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Both have had 200+ rushing games in the playoffs and they are both always on the field at the same time. Both rushed for over 100 each last night. I think we will be able to keep this game closer than everyone thinks

Most Eagle fans and players have been involved in enough playoff games the past 10 seasons to know better than to get too overconfident about any playoff opponent. At this point in the season, EVERY team still playing is dangerous and can win.

Aguilafanatico
11-29-2014, 05:52 PM

Plenty of respect to any team that has made it this far. I don't expect Argyle to be overlooking anybody at this point.

regaleagle
12-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Plenty of respect to any team that has made it this far. I don't expect Argyle to be overlooking anybody at this point.

You said a mouthful there. LE's record is (8-5) under a new coaching staff, but they've won 8 in a row. What does that tell you? They've averaged about 48 points in the last 7 games. They are athletic and speedy. They have some big kids. They beat a good Paris team last week. Their middle name is "dangerous".

waterboy
12-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Kudos to Liberty-Eylau. They've made a heck of a turnaround since the season started. For what it's worth, I knew they would get better. They just had so much speed and athleticism, that if they corrected those mistakes they kept making earlier in the season, I felt like they could be one of those teams that would surprise some people. We caught them in the first game of the season under a totally new system, making mistakes without our help, so you can throw those first few games out. What they've done since is pretty remarkable, and they deserve credit for being legit or they wouldn't be in the elite 8.

Now, as for Argyle..., what can you say? They are big and nasty, execute almost flawlessly, are very disciplined, and they have enough speed to surprise some of those that are not as familiar with them as the rest of us are. The thing is, they put so much pressure on their opponent to score every time they touch the ball because they are a power running game, with a big o-line, and a big RB that is a load to bring down. IF you can slow him down by stacking the box, they can pass very efficiently to keep you honest, or they can break a long one.

Liberty-Eylau will have their work cut out for them. That's for sure. If they can keep the score under 35 points, I think they have a shot, but if they don't...Argyle will likely run away with this one.

I'd like to see this game close, but I'll take Argyle by around 20.

Celina8
12-02-2014, 09:04 AM
I was able to listen to the Argyle game last week via internet. Nic Ralston is not only an offensive weapon but last week when Argyle was having trouble stopping the Kennedale rushing attack the Coaches sent Ralston in as a Defensive Lineman to help get control of the line of scrimmage. Kennedale had a huge offensive line per the Radio guys and the Argyle defensive front were getting manhandled. Ralston came in and at 6'1 235 lbs he was able to help get several key stops for the Eagles. Would not be surprised if he is not name 4A player of the Year as his offensive numbers for this year have to be very impressive.

Aguilafanatico
12-02-2014, 09:40 AM
I was able to listen to the Argyle game last week via internet. Nic Ralston is not only an offensive weapon but last week when Argyle was having trouble stopping the Kennedale rushing attack the Coaches sent Ralston in as a Defensive Lineman to help get control of the line of scrimmage. Kennedale had a huge offensive line per the Radio guys and the Argyle defensive front were getting manhandled. Ralston came in and at 6'1 235 lbs he was able to help get several key stops for the Eagles. Would not be surprised if he is not name 4A player of the Year as his offensive numbers for this year have to be very impressive.

Nick played some D end, which in the scheme we play, could be considered an outside LB. He was recruited by AZ St as a linebacker so no stretch. You are correct re: the size of the Kennedale Oline though they were no bigger and not as physical as the Celina Oline. The challenge the Argyle D had was JW. He is small and hides behind the big Olineman.....and hits the hole quickly. I agree with what has been said by others on this board that he can hit a mouse hole and go 80 on any play. We added a LB in the second half and his production stalled (59 of his 303 yds in the 2nd half). There were still a few missed assignments (one of which allowed their QB to go 70 yds for a TD) but otherwise, they scored 27 in the first quarter an 21 the final 3 quarters.

Celina8
12-02-2014, 09:47 AM
Nick played some D end, which in the scheme we play, could be considered an outside LB. He was recruited by AZ St as a linebacker so no stretch. You are correct re: the size of the Kennedale Oline though they were no bigger and not as physical as the Celina Oline. The challenge the Argyle D had was JW. He is small and hides behind the big Olineman.....and hits the hole quickly. I agree with what has been said by others on this board that he can hit a mouse hole and go 80 on any play. We added a LB in the second half and his production stalled (59 of his 303 yds in the 2nd half). There were still a few missed assignments (one of which allowed their QB to go 70 yds for a TD) but otherwise, they scored 27 in the first quarter an 21 the final 3 quarters.

The guys on the Internet made it sound like he was playing as a down lineman or at least that is how I perceived it . Without actually watching the game I am pretty limeted on what the true reality of that game. What I remember most was them saying he is 6'1 and 235 and I just thought who wants to try and stop that freight train!!!

Aguilafanatico
12-02-2014, 09:59 AM

Taking nothing away from Kennedale, that was a stout group and they played really well. The game was in the balance all night long.

cowboyandchrist
12-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Easy there Hollywood, East Texas can use the word speed whether it is true or not. State champs 03,04,05,07,08,09,09,10,10 and 13 and maybe 14. Ha, just messing with you Hollywood.

Aggie98
12-03-2014, 04:21 PM
The guys on the Internet made it sound like he was playing as a down lineman or at least that is how I perceived it . Without actually watching the game I am pretty limeted on what the true reality of that game. What I remember most was them saying he is 6'1 and 235 and I just thought who wants to try and stop that freight train!!!

I have only seen Ralston in person once.... at the Gilmer/Argyle 3rd round game last year at Kincaid. He played both ways in that one too. I thought he was the best player on the field that night, and that's saying a lot with all of the D-1 players that were out there. He's not just a big power back. He can absolutely run away from people when he gets in the open field.

regaleagle
12-03-2014, 09:13 PM
I have only seen Ralston in person once.... at the Gilmer/Argyle 3rd round game last year at Kincaid. He played both ways in that one too. I thought he was the best player on the field that night, and that's saying a lot with all of the D-1 players that were out there. He's not just a big power back. He can absolutely run away from people when he gets in the open field.

Let's just assume you are the lone linebacker or Dback to make the stop on Ralston after he's running at full strength. If you do make the tackle it's gonna be a collision and you're not gonna be so anxious next time, OR you catch him from behind or the side and it's not so bad. If you catch him from behind, he might drag you for 10 yards, LOL. A head-on tackle is NOT recommended when attempting to tackle Ralston. Sometimes, esp. near the goal line, he will not even attempt to cut away from you....he'll just plow right thru you! Lone dbacks tend to shy away as the game progresses, if only just a little. That little bit can be costly.

regaleagle
12-04-2014, 12:18 AM
www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1241

Click the Map Link to get directions right to the stadium.

Aguilafanatico
12-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Good write up on the matchup from an East Texas perspective.

http://etsn.fm/liberty-eylau-eyes-upset-of-second-ranked-defending-champ-argyle-in-regional-final/

Aja
12-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Let's just assume you are the lone linebacker or Dback to make the stop on Ralston after he's running at full strength. If you do make the tackle it's gonna be a collision and you're not gonna be so anxious next time, OR you catch him from behind or the side and it's not so bad. If you catch him from behind, he might drag you for 10 yards, LOL. A head-on tackle is NOT recommended when attempting to tackle Ralston. Sometimes, esp. near the goal line, he will not even attempt to cut away from you....he'll just plow right thru you! Lone dbacks tend to shy away as the game progresses, if only just a little. That little bit can be costly.

I heard a few Kennedale DB's were making "business decisions" in the second half when Ralston would get loose.

Aguilafanatico
12-04-2014, 11:48 AM
I heard a few Kennedale DB's were making "business decisions" in the second half when Ralston would get loose.

I have seen it many times, and not just by DB's.

LHPfactory
12-04-2014, 11:52 AM
This will be a NO CONTEST....

Argyle's biggest challenge, prior to the Semi Finals happened last night...

Watch out on this one, I dont believe Argyle is any better than 2006 Gilmer, GJ Kinnie and company got a big shocker from LE.

Aguilafanatico
12-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Watch out on this one, I dont believe Argyle is any better than 2006 Gilmer, GJ Kinnie and company got a big shocker from LE.

I don't think that same sentiment resonates with the Argyle faithful. Eyes are wide open and the L-E challenge is not being taken lightly. That said, Eagle talons are wide open and sharpened. Practices have been upbeat and competitive.

LEFAN80
12-04-2014, 12:56 PM

That LE Team produced two pro ball players. This team is not that one but they have a chip on thier shoulder... A lot of people forget that the 2006 LE team was Preseason ranked #3rd and lost a couple of games due to injury. But you are right that Gilmer team was loaded

Steernation
12-04-2014, 12:59 PM
argyle by 14+ ! goodluck to both teams!

Aguilafanatico
12-04-2014, 02:25 PM
That LE Team produced two pro ball players. This team is not that one but they have a chip on thier shoulder... A lot of people forget that the 2006 LE team was Preseason ranked #3rd and lost a couple of games due to injury. But you are right that Gilmer team was loaded

Eagles never have a chip on their shoulders. Just a bunch of sweet, mild-mannered kids that just try to do their best every week. :evillol::evillol::evillol:

waterboy
12-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Eagles never have a chip on their shoulders. Just a bunch of sweet, mild-mannered kids that just try to do their best every week. :evillol::evillol::evillol:

:spitlol:

bobcat1
12-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Argyle by 3 scores.

Eagle Nation
12-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Argyle by 3 scores.

So Argyle by 6?

bobcat1
12-05-2014, 06:17 AM
So Argyle by 6?
No.... 9 lol

Aguilafanatico
12-05-2014, 09:17 AM
[B]GAME DAY!!

Do what you do Eagles........WIN!

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Looks like the weather will be good for tonite's regional finals. I suspect LE will do what they do well with the speed thing and try to out-athlete Argyle. It ain't gonna happen. They'll key on Ralston and get burned by some of the other Eagle offensive weapons that don't get much credit. And they'll try to jump out to a lead and cause turnovers with strips.....they'll try to strip the ball. Ima hoping Argyle gets the early lead and keeps it tonite. I'd like to see a 14 point lead at the half....just because this LE bunch is gonna be athletic and won't go down easy. They hadn't lost a game in quite a while. Go Get Em Eagles!!!

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 04:23 PM
I won't be driving this weekend to attend this game tonite, so I'll be here listening to all the games and helping with the play-by-play action on this game. I'm looking forward to another Eagle win tonite so I can attend the Semifinal next week against either Graham or Stephenville. I hope the Boyz come out and play smart, disciplined football tonite because if they do....Argyle will win. That means "clean", mistake-free football with no stupid penalties and holding onto the football. That means playing your position on defense and not letting "trick" plays take you out of position. That means not letting the speed of LE get behind you or around the corner and down the sideline. I think Argyle is good enough to "contain" LE's speed and athleticism. I look for a BIG win tonite from the Eagles....but PLEASE don't make me eat my words, LOL.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Ok, I'm on it here listening to the pregame broadcast and will be updating this game on a play-by-play as much as possible. Can't say the weather will be factor anywhere around Texas tonite....it's just beautiful outside tonite. Full moon too....what does that mean???

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Uh oh.....they said it's started to slightly rain here in Royce City right now with a little swirling wind right at gametime here. The cold front is approaching. It will get into the low 60's with rain in the area tonite. Now it's coming down much harder and the kickoff is not yet underway. I believe LE won the toss and wants the ball. Estrada kicks off and is brought down by Zembraski at about the 15. Here we go. LE first and 10. Hoof takes the handoff and hits it 86 yards for a touchdown off the left side, cuts it back and Donelle Hoof outran everybody to the end zone. Exta Point no good. 20 seconds and LE has scored.

LE 6
Argyle 0

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Gage McCook takes the kickoff back to the Argyle 26. 1st and 10 for Argyle now in their first possession. Pitchout to Ralston for about 5 yards to start for Argyle.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Firstdown now to the 38 for Argyle on that Ralston run. Estrada on the jet sweep for 11 yds and another Eagle first down.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Incomplete or dropped pass from Cooper Rodgers on first. Ralston gains 7 on 2nd. 3rd and 3 now for the Eagles.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 08:39 PM
1st down to the LE 39 yd. line. Rodgers completes it to Estrada to the 27 yd. line now. Good timing on that high pass. Now Ralston takes it down to the 12 yd. line.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Ralston scores and the Eagles answer back on their first series of the night. He ran over the defender. OOPs, the ball slips off the tee on the extra point and the point is no good. It's wet here.

Argyle 6
LE 6

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Wind is picking up here on the kickoff as Byrd takes it back to the 27. Keamon keeps it for 10 yds. on first down. LE has good size on the O-line.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Kemon Freeman is the qb for LE and thrown for a 2yd. loss. Now he's stopped at the LOS on 2nd. 3rd and 11. Lamont Byrd breaks a tackle behind the LOS and then goes the distance as he cuts back across the field for another LE touchdown. Taylor Sweatt had him for a loss, but he broke that tackle, slipped by Markkwardt and outran him to the end zone. The kick is good. That one was a 50 yd. run.
LE 13
Argyle 6

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 08:53 PM
McCook takes the kick out to the 35 yd.line. McCook takes it all the way down to the 18 yd line for a touchdown-saving tackle on first down here. The hole was big on that 42 yd. pickup. Now Ralston takes it down to the 3 on that 14 yd. run. Now Ralston "walks" into the end zone on 3 plays. Now the extra point snap is high and Caleb Holt slips as he stops to time the kick. Argyle has had 2 extra point kicks in a row go awry here. Actually now their saying it was linedrive kick that was blocked by the Leopards.

LE 13
Argyle 12

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 08:56 PM
3rd and 9 here for LE at their own 22. Slant pass for a first down to the LE 38.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Freeman is an accurate athletic passer and has speed and moves while running the ball. He poses a problem for the Argyle D. Seems like LE is giving the Eagle D problems and getting them out of position. This is an offensively talented group.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 08:59 PM
3rd and 15 on the slant pass is dropped but would have been short by 5 yds. anyway. Freeman back to punt to Argyle. It's downed at the Argyle 38 yd. line with 32 secs. left in the 1st quarter.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Cooper Rodgers hits a wide open JC Chalk down the middle of the field for a huge first down pass and catch TD play. Argyle goes for 2. Ralston doesn't make it.

Argyle 18
LE 14

23 secs. 1st qtr.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:03 PM
Donelle Hoof takes the kick out of the end zone but is tackled by Davies at the 9 yd. line. 1st down is run out to the 12 yd. line. End of first quarter.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:08 PM
3rd and 5 from the 13 goes to Byrd and he's right at the first down marker. First down LE at the 20. Freeman launches one deep skyhigh in the air and is caught by Malcolm Gant as he outraces Zembraski to the end zone. That one went 80 yds. as the receiver beat the defender to the football and kept running.

LE 21
Argyle 18

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:09 PM
So far its been the big plays and speed by LE that has kept the Eagles on their heels in this game. Argyle has answered scoring with each possession, but now find themselves behind once again. They haven't been able to contain the LE athletes yet.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:11 PM
3rd and 11 for Argyle as Rodgers completes it down to the 35 yd. line to Drew Estrada for another great pass and catch for Argyle. Ralston takes it down to the 18 yd. line now.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:14 PM
1st and 10 from the 18. Ralston takes it down to the 7 for another first down. That run was good for 11 yds. Handoff to Ralston as he is tripped up at the LOS for no gain. 2nd and goal from the 7 now. Ralston thru a big hole on the left side for an easy touchdown. He was barely touched. Extra point is good. Flag down though. Offsides is declined. Argyle has scored fairly quickly on every possession so far.

Argyle 25
LE 21

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Lots of action in this game tonite so far. Kickoff goes out of bounds. LE takes the ball on the 30. The Argyle broadcast crew is talking too much and not calling the game. LE is now out to the 46 first down. Freeman is now hit in the backfield as he throws it as he goes to the ground for intentional grounding.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:19 PM
2nd down and 20 now. All recievers were all too far downfield. Freeman picks up 3 on the keeper. 3rd and 17. Freeman throws incomplete.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Freeman punts it down to the Argyle 28 out of bounds. Argyle will take over now.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Pitch right to Ralston as he is pinned by 4 white jerseys but somehow still gains 4 yds as he slips thru that mass of LE defenders.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Cooper Rodgers hits Dane Ledford as he slows up for the pass and catches it at the 35 yd. line for a big Eagle play.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:24 PM
McCook takes it for short run on first down. Leopards try to strip the ball, but could not. Ralston takes it for 6 yds. but flags are down....holding Argyle. Offsides now as Cooper Rodgers is hammered on that free play.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:25 PM
2nd 12 now for Argyle for the LE 34. Ralston picks up 5 on that run. 3rd and 8 now for the Eagles.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Chalk in motion as Rodgers hits Chalk at the 25, but he is hit immediately and is short. 4th and 4 now for the Eagles as Coach Rodgers calls time out for Argyle.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:29 PM
4th and 4 from the LE 26 here in the 2nd quarter. Argyle has made 2 stops....LE will try for their first one. Rodgers hits Chalk in the flat for a first down . Ralston drags tacklers down to the 3 yd. line.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Cameras all down in endzone. Harper in motion as Ralston is stopped on good penetration. 2nd and goal from the 2 with a time out now.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Ralston marches in for another TD for the Eagles . Austin Bergstrom pulled from his center position to open that big hole on the right side. Kick is good.

Argyle 32
LE 21

Argyle has scored on every possession so far.....5 of 5, but missed 2 extra points and had one blocked.
extra points.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Schleter kicks it short and Argyle gets the kick for a huge turnover. On the next play Rodgers hits Estrada with a bullet on the 3 yd. line . On the next play Estrada runs it over for another very quick Argyle score. Extra point is good.

Argyle 38
LE 21

1:14 2nd qtr.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:39 PM
LE fair catches kickoff now at their own 24. Now they throw it good down to their own 32. 2nd down is stopped for no gain. 3rd down and Argyle calls time out.

bearbear78
12-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Pitch right to Ralston as he is pinned by 4 white jerseys but somehow still gains 4 yds as he slips thru that mass of LE defenders.

You can pin him with 11 white jerseys and hes still probably getting a yard or two

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Argyle will attempt to get another stop here before the half and get another chance with the ball. The pass is dropped and almost intercepted on 2nd and 9. 3rd and 9, but the ball is on the ground and he picks it up and runs it out of bounds. 4th and 5 now for LE. Time out LE. 29 secs. left in the half.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:43 PM
LE is going for it. Movement in the backfield here. 5 yds. on a mental mistake. Now they will punt. 3 secs ran off the clock and will have to be put back on it.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Freeman punts it with the wind but goes all the way to the Argyle 20 with only a 2 yd return by Markwardt. That was a 40 yd. punt.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:45 PM
The Leopards are very fast and will cover those kicks with no problem. Argyle has only 20 secs here left in the half.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Ralston tackled for a 5 yd loss on that counter draw. That will be the end of the half.

Argyle 38
LE 21

Halfime

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Argyle scored on every possession of the first half, excepting that last play before the half after the punt. LE has proven to be a very athletic and capable team with a good dual threat qb in Freeman and several speedy backs in Byrd and Hoof. They have a couple of good recievers as well, so Argyle has been tested here defensively in the first half. Argyle has remained an offensive juggernaut, however, and getting a stop on the Eagles is a rarity as usual.

bobcat1
12-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Take them to the woodshed Argyle!

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Argyle will get the ball to start the 2nd half. The wind is a factor now, but I don't know how much. The kicking game has shown some effects from the wet weather, and against the wind on the punts by LE....but LE has only punted twice, one for only 18 yds. and the other for 40 yds. with the wind. Argyle did not punt and LE did not get a stop.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:17 PM
Looks like Argyle made some 2nd quarter adjustments against the Leopard running game, but I expect the Leopards will make some adjustments at halftime. The kickoff is an onside kick that Estrada recovers at the 40.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Ralston is stopped for no gain on first down. 2nd and 10 now and let's see what LE does from halftime adjustments. Now Rodgers is sacked with a 10-1 defensively look like Argyle uses.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Cooper Rodgers throws an interception as Green runs it back to the Argyle 30 before being caught. The player was 6-1 200 and Cooper Rodgers made the tackle. Penalty on low block. Hoof takes it down to the 13 on a good run around end.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Hoof takes it in on the same play 13 yds. for a TD. LE comes out ready to play and makes the Argyle D look slow.

Argyle 38
LE 28

Big score from the interception as the Leopards convert in just 2 plays.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Another onside kick attempt is recovered at the Argyle 48 by the Eagles. They are pulling out all the stops now.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Ralston hit at the LOS for only one yard. 2nd and 9. Ralston hit again outside as he is chased from behind for no gain. 3rd and 9 as Rodgers throws to Markwardt. Contact but no flags as Argyle will punt for the first time now. Estrada punts it down to the Argyle 21.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:26 PM
The Argyle D will need to stop this Leopard momentum now. Freeman pass on first goes incomplete. 2nd and 10 from the 21.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Counter to Lamont Byrd is hit in backfield by Speed for a loss of one. 3rd and 11. Bubble screen for a big gain by Ellis for 18 yds down the sideline. He had the linemen out in front on that one.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Read option to Hoof for a yard on first. Freeman pitches to Hoof as he takes it down to the Argyle 32 on that option pitch.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Freeman option is hit hard at the 31 yd. line as Bearden hits him hard. Freeman fakes to Hoof and drags tacklers down to the 18, a pick up of 12 yds.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Freeman throws a quickhitter to Ellis incomplete that was right on the money. Hoof takes it 5 yds. to the 13 now. The footing is slippery.

Eylau
12-05-2014, 10:30 PM
3rd quarter?

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Option pitch to Hoof outside again as he takes it down to the 3 yd. line. Nobody is getting out there to the pitch man. He has clear sailing on about a 10 yard pitch. Lockett(linebacker) comes in and powers it over for a TD. He was hit at the 3 yd line, but his own lineman grabbed him and pulled him over the goalline. Kick is good

Argyle 38
LE 35

3rd and 11 bubble screen was the big gain there for 18 yds.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Another onside kick is recovered by the Eagles again. Ralston runs it for 8 yds on first down.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Offsides there, but Ralston picks up the first down down to the LE 35.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Ralston running wide but has no where to go on that one.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:36 PM
2nd and 10 as Rodgers rolls right and hits Chalks at the 22 for another first down. Leopards have 9 men in the box.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Ralston runs it down to the 13 behind the big Argyle line that time. They ran right at the Leopards on that one. Again Ralston runs right dragging about 4 tacklers inside the one. He got hit at the 5 but kept going. His knee hit the ground before the ball crossed the line. Ralston takes it in from one yard out.

Argyle 45
LE 35

59 secs. 3rd

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:39 PM
This LE team if very dangerous and athletic and has one quarter to catch up. The Eagles have to get a stop and keep scoring.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Kickoff fair catch at the LE 21. 1st and 10 for the Leopards.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Freeman under pressure throws it away 10 yards too deep. 2nd and 10.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Donelle Hoof tries to take it outside, then turned inside as he gains 2. 3rd and 8 now for LE.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:43 PM
A screen pass is overthrown to Hoof. Now it will be 4th down and LE forced to punt. Freeman is the punter. Time out LE.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:46 PM
Fake punt on fumbleruski to Donelle Hoof as he has clear sailing down to the LE 45. The linemen did not see it and left their positions....major league mistake by Argyle on 4th and 8 deep in LE territory after an LE time out, no less. They snapped it to Hoof, he hid it between his legs, then took off when the linemen cleared.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Now LE is down to the Argyle 20 yd. line. 1st and 10 as Freeman keeps it down to the 3 yd line.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Argyle D is not looking speedy enough to keep up with this LE offense as the Leopard Oline is wearing on the Argyle D line. They are BIG and they are fired up. They are knocking the Eagle D off the line. LE scores again. Kick is good.

Argyle 45
LE 42

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Argyle starts at their own 32. Estrada takes the sweep for 3 yds. on 1st.

Eylau
12-05-2014, 11:00 PM
I just heard LE caught a interception at the 14 yard line. Lets go LE!

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Argyle intercepts it on 4th and 11 as Zach Zembraski makes the grab on an overthrown ball from about the LE 15. Argyle will take some knees here with a little over a minute left.

Eylau
12-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Good game Argyle. Good luck next week against Graham. Proud of this LE team.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Argyle 45
LE 42

Final

congrats to the Argyle Eagles on their 30th consecutive win and the regional championship. Congrats to a stout LE team on a great performance tonite, also.

bobcat1
12-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Awesome job Argyle! Great Season LE!

Aesculus gilmus
12-06-2014, 12:22 AM
I listened to the last 10 minutes of this game on my cell phone in the parking lot at Lobo Stadium. I was pretty surprised that it was this close. The Leopard announcers made reference to a muffed kickoff recovered by Argyle that gave them a "cheap" seven points and flipped the score. I'm sure this was already covered in this thread.

You might find this amusing, Eagle fans. A member of the Buckeye Band came over to his parents, who were sitting next to me, and told them Liberty-Eylau was leading Argyle. I asked him if was still only a 3-point lead (as it was at halftime of our game). He didn't know. I told him that a 3-point lead against Argyle didn't mean much. And I turned out to be right.

Aguilafanatico
12-06-2014, 02:11 AM
I listened to the last 10 minutes of this game on my cell phone in the parking lot at Lobo Stadium. I was pretty surprised that it was this close. The Leopard announcers made reference to a muffed kickoff recovered by Argyle that gave them a "cheap" seven points and flipped the score. I'm sure this was already covered in this thread.

You might find this amusing, Eagle fans. A member of the Buckeye Band came over to his parents, who were sitting next to me, and told them Liberty-Eylau was leading Argyle. I asked him if was still only a 3-point lead (as it was at halftime of our game). He didn't know. I told him that a 3-point lead against Argyle didn't mean much. And I turned out to be right.

We live to fight another day. LE was just as advertised...a really good team that had won 7 straight. They will be a team to contend with in the next couple of years. As for my Eagles, we were ripe for the taking tonight but as I have said before, they are a tough group to finish. Proud as heck of this young group of Eagles!

cowboyandchrist
12-06-2014, 08:33 AM

You gotta love East Texas speed, if not for a fumble, LE wins this game.

garageoffice
12-06-2014, 09:10 AM

That might be true...and it might not. IF they don't pull off the trick play on 4th and 8 they probably lose by 10. Everything that happens in a game changes the way the game goes.

The point is...the fumble happened and Argyle won. Just like last week. IF the Kennedale receiver catches the ball that hit him in the hands with 12 seconds left in the game Kennedale wins...IF a different play is called on 3rd and goal at the one or 4th and goal Kennedale wins...IF the pass interference is called in the end zone on the next to last play Kennedale probably wins.

All of these are just smoke, though. LE was obviously fast but, in the end, that speed didn't allow them to stop Argyle. How many times did they actually stop Argyle all night...twice? Obviously, that was only ALMOST enough.

The point I was making with my former post still holds true. Argyle may have been slower, but they were fast enough to move the ball consistently and stop LE often enough to win.

Bullaholic
12-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Congrats to Argyle for the win, and congrats to LE for a great season.

LEFAN80
12-06-2014, 11:25 AM
That might be true...and it might not. IF they don't pull off the trick play on 4th and 8 they probably lose by 10. Everything that happens in a game changes the way the game goes.

The point is...the fumble happened and Argyle won. Just like last week. IF the Kennedale receiver catches the ball that hit him in the hands with 12 seconds left in the game Kennedale wins...IF a different play is called on 3rd and goal at the one or 4th and goal Kennedale wins...IF the pass interference is called in the end zone on the next to last play Kennedale probably wins.

All of these are just smoke, though. LE was obviously fast but, in the end, that speed didn't allow them to stop Argyle. How many times did they actually stop Argyle all night...twice? Obviously, that was only ALMOST enough.

The point I was making with my former post still holds true. Argyle may have been slower, but they were fast enough to move the ball consistently and stop LE often enough to win.

Good game man we should be back losing Hoof will be tough tho the kid was amazing.

Aguilafanatico
12-06-2014, 12:19 PM

Dumb post.
If Argyle had played better they would have won by more. If Argyle hadn't thrown a pick when the WR was wide open for a TD they would have scored. If Abraham Lincoln had been born in Texas he would have been a Texan.

toddg
12-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Dumb post.
If Argyle had played better they would have won by more. If Argyle hadn't thrown a pick when the WR was wide open for a TD they would have scored. If Abraham Lincoln had been born in Texas he would have been a Texan.

i walked out this morning and pissed a 10 ft. stream..does it matter?...NO

Eylau
12-08-2014, 04:52 PM
The "uncatchable" pass. Pass interference against argyle was overturned on this play because it was deemed uncatchable. Lol. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/08/60d6ce8bfa79cfcec08cc1d1ca3b7709.jpg

Aguilafanatico
12-08-2014, 05:12 PM
The "uncatchable" pass. Pass interference against argyle was overturned on this play because it was deemed uncatchable. Lol. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/08/60d6ce8bfa79cfcec08cc1d1ca3b7709.jpg

Both of his feet are out of bounds. Lol.

waterboy
12-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Both of his feet are out of bounds. Lol.

I think that would make it uncatchable, right? In close games, sometimes it comes down to who makes a mistake, or who makes a play, or whatever... The only thing that matters in the end is the scoreboard. It's especially tough to lose close ones, in my opinion, because of all the "what ifs".

bearbear78
12-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Even if it was , we all have calls that go our way and calls that dont. This was a good ball game, dont take away from it.

Aguilafanatico
12-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Even if it was , we all have calls that go our way and calls that dont. This was a good ball game, dont take away from it.

We agree......again.
Something's wrong.

bearbear78
12-08-2014, 09:20 PM
We agree......again.
Something's wrong.

This is awkward.......but its only Monday

Eylau
12-08-2014, 09:30 PM
No excuses guys. Didn't post it for that reason. Just sharing it. Argyle won. Good luck to them. End of story

bearbear78
12-08-2014, 10:45 PM
No excuses guys. Didn't post it for that reason. Just sharing it. Argyle won. Good luck to them. End of story

I think weve all wanted to hop the wall and choke some refs...I know last Friday night I sure did..LH had a fine season BTW..Argyle plays as hard at 20 seconds left in the 4th as they do 20 seconds into the first. If you get em down you have to keep em down and play perfect.