PDA

View Full Version : Celina (11-2) vs Sweetwater (13-0)

Pages : 1 [2]

d0tc0m
12-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Golly, these two teams are going blow for blow! What a great game so far!

alaskacat
12-05-2014, 10:55 PM
just heard it was 50-12 Gilmer over atlanta at the hlf

d0tc0m
12-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Sweetwater is on fire right now! Goodness. Bobcats have to answer right here.

BullBoy
12-05-2014, 10:57 PM
just heard it was 50-12 Gilmer over atlanta at the hlf

Checked the fox sports app and it said Gilmer was up 500-0 early in the 1st quarter :speech:

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:03 PM
Tied up!

d0tc0m
12-05-2014, 11:03 PM
This game is living up to its hype! All these kids - both sides - are playing out of their minds!!

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:10 PM
INT Celina in endzone!!

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:11 PM
4:41 Bobcats from the SW 20. 1st and 10 All tied up!

d0tc0m
12-05-2014, 11:11 PM
int celina in endzone!!

unreal!

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:13 PM
4:20 looking for fieldgoal range...

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Bobcats at SW 48.

3rd and 2

d0tc0m
12-05-2014, 11:14 PM
4:20 looking for fieldgoal range...

Looking to drain the clock and punch it into the end zone. This Sweetwater team has been so dangerous, we can't afford to leave them much time.

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:15 PM
2:56 1st down bobcats.

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Bobcats at SW 20! 1st down 2:25

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Bobcats to SW 20. Go Brayden Watson, and old lorena boy!

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:17 PM
1:25 young td!!!

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:18 PM
1:08 Celina up 41-34!

d0tc0m
1:25 young td!!!

freakin JP3! JP3! JP3!

FB-fanatic
Defense! All or nothing.

d0tc0m
12-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Defense! All or nothing.

Time to tighten your chin straps and go win the football game!

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:19 PM
SW at their own 33. 1:00 left.

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Keep everything in front of you.

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Time outs left?

FB-fanatic
SW to Celina 45 yard line :59

d0tc0m
Sweetwater has one.

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:22 PM
1st and 10 throwing... incolmplete :54

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:23 PM
SW to Celina 42. SW player down with cramps. 3rd and 8. :40

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Wow!

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Everything in front.

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Incomplete. 4th and 8

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:26 PM
Ballgame. Celina 13-1

d0tc0m
12-05-2014, 11:26 PM
Let's go bobcats!!! Victory formation!!!

TheDOCTORdre
12-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Damn that's a tough one

d0tc0m
Absolutely heck of a freaking football game! Congrats on a fantastic season Sweetwater. Mustangs sounded like the real deal.

But we'll see ya next week Bobcats!!!

FB-fanatic
Celina vs Gilmer!

slingshot
12-05-2014, 11:28 PM
My gosh... Celina radio announcers are absolute clowns. Talking trash on the radio? Really? Enjoy it while you can--Gilmer ends this run next week...

bobcat1
Wow what a game. Hats off to Sweetwater on a heck of an effort. Great game Bobcats. Now it's Gilmer time.

CelinaCatFan
41-34 Celina
Final

Region 1 Champs!

bobcat1
12-05-2014, 11:29 PM
My gosh... Celina radio announcers are absolute clowns. Talking trash on the radio? Really? Enjoy it while you can--Gilmer ends this run next week...
Haha. Mark is a former Bobcat lineman and a mountain of a man. He loves his Bobcats. Hope it didn't offend you.

d0tc0m
12-05-2014, 11:30 PM

As Tejas said to me to keep me in check when it was needed ... 'Give me a break...'

slingshot
12-05-2014, 11:30 PM
Did the Celina radio play by play guy just really say "I'm sweatin' like a whore in church, I'm out". Where do you find these guys?

d0tc0m
12-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Did the Celina radio play by play guy just really say "I'm sweatin' like a whore in church, I'm out". Where do you find these guys?

That's called an idiom. Google it.

TheDOCTORdre
12-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Wanted Sweetwater to score at the end...that 2 pt conversion attempt would have been insane

d0tc0m
12-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Wanted Sweetwater to score at the end...that 2 pt conversion attempt would have been insane

That's the truth. I don't think I could've handled that.

bobcat1
12-05-2014, 11:33 PM
I know... right! I'm home listening and could not go to the restroom or to refresh my beverage. :)

slingshot
12-05-2014, 11:34 PM
That's called an idiom. Google it.Yes. I do have a graduate degree and am familiar with the phrase. But on radio? Whatever, I just tuned in for the last few minutes of the game after listening to the Graham/Stephenville broadcast. Could really care less, just thought the Celina announcers were complete ass-clowns. Later:wave:... and good luck next week. You're gonna need it.

bobcat1
12-05-2014, 11:37 PM
Yes. I do have a graduate degree and am familiar with the phrase. But on radio? Whatever, I just tuned in for the last few minutes of the game after listening to the Graham/Stephenville broadcast. Could really care less, just thought the Celina announcers were complete ass-clowns. Later... and good luck next week. You're gonna need it.
Ass Clowns... Really? Come on man. They are just fans that broadcast. Not pros. They are friends of mine. I imagine his blood pressure was up and that was a huge relief.

CHS_89
12-05-2014, 11:42 PM
Great job Celina...no school like the old school running game.

alaskacat
12-05-2014, 11:47 PM
what would probable location be for next week?

Mustang
12-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Great game. Both sides played their butts off

bobcat1
12-05-2014, 11:49 PM

I'm hearing Royce City but not sure.

FB-fanatic
12-05-2014, 11:51 PM

Come on... McLane Stadium... great venue for high school game.

d0tc0m
12-05-2014, 11:53 PM
Yes. I do have a graduate degree and am familiar with the phrase. But on radio? Whatever, I just tuned in for the last few minutes of the game after listening to the Graham/Stephenville broadcast. Could really care less, just thought the Celina announcers were complete ass-clowns. Later:wave:... and good luck next week. You're gonna need it.

Well, good to see you're putting that graduate degree to good use. Good luck to you guys next week too.

d0tc0m
12-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Great game. Both sides played their butts off

That's the truth right there. Hats off to Sweetwater, they were as advertised. Hate that either team had to lose this game. Just glad my Bobcats survive to see the next round! They made a lot of people in Celina proud tonight!

Rocket Man
12-06-2014, 12:16 AM
Come on... McLane Stadium... great venue for high school game.

Had a LH person say over on the FNR app that they're playing next week at McLane

FB-fanatic
12-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Had a LH person say over on the FNR app that they're playing next week at McLane

Good! A good local game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

RPF2666
12-06-2014, 12:24 AM
Hats off to Sweetwater... great season and great game tonight!

Fought until the end....

mustang84
12-06-2014, 12:32 AM
It was a great game between two great teams. Only thing I didn't like was hearing the Celina Coaching staff throwing the f bomb around on the field in pre game warm up.

buckeyebob
12-06-2014, 12:34 AM
I'm hearing Royce City but not sure.

Friday Night...no time yet or who is what

d0tc0m
12-06-2014, 12:37 AM

Just read same thing on DMN website. Gonna be a long week leading up to this one.

d0tc0m
12-06-2014, 12:39 AM
It was a great game between two great teams. Only thing I didn't like was hearing the Celina Coaching staff throwing the f bomb around on the field in pre game warm up.

That's unfortunate. I imagine the Celina fans/players/staff didn't like the Sweetwater kids coming to the Celina side to talk trash to the fans during pregame warmups either.

mustang84
12-06-2014, 12:43 AM
Was great to watch very intense the whole game.

marler1972
12-06-2014, 12:49 AM
Wow just wow hell of a game glad our Bobcats came to play.

d0tc0m
12-06-2014, 12:57 AM

I can only imagine how crazy it was there! Sounded like both sides had really good crowds there! Congrats to you, by the way - Chase had a spectacular game!

RPF2666
12-06-2014, 12:58 AM

#15 was a stud tonight!:)

d0tc0m
12-06-2014, 12:59 AM

Herald-Democrat's Bill Spinks is saying 7:30 pm Friday at Royse City.

lostaussie
12-06-2014, 01:10 AM
Herald-Democrat's Bill Spinks is saying 7:30 pm Friday at Royse City.

Hope not......its not big enough

marler1972
12-06-2014, 01:47 AM
#15 was a stud tonight!:)

Thanks for the kind words abou my boy,it was a helluva team effort

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2014, 02:38 AM
Good game. Hats off to the players and staffs on both sides of the field.

bobcat1
12-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the kind words abou my boy,it was a helluva team effort
You should be proud of that young man!

Celina8
12-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Great game Bobcats! This was a heck of a game that is for sure and Sweetwater was very impressive. Next week against Gilmer is truely going to be a challenge and the Defense will have to take it to another level. One game at a time!

Bullaholic
12-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Congrats to both teams for a whale of a game. Congrats to Sweetwater for a great season and a thrill-a-minute team that never let up. Congrats to Celina for staying the course and getting the win. Best of luck to the Bobcats against Gilmer. Glad I went to watch this one.

regaleagle
12-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Congrats to our old district rival in 2A and 3A on this big win. I had Celina winning this week in my brackets to face Gilmer. Celina went out and got it done on the field against a very worthy and previously undefeated opponent. That speaks volumes for the Bobcats.....Sweetwater was a very, very good team. This is a signature win that the Bobcats needed going forward. Good luck against the Gilmerites.

BwdLion73
12-06-2014, 10:30 AM
That's called an idiom. Google it.

Sounded like a great game congratulations. Homer announcers are just part of the fun at this level, however I agree that comment was not for radio.

orange machine
12-06-2014, 11:45 AM
Sounded like a great game congratulations. Homer announcers are just part of the fun at this level, however I agree that comment was not for radio.

I agree it want the best choice of words and I'm sure he probably regrets it now, but that is classic. Dude is a great guy, I actually wish I could have heard it cause I know I would have laughed and after that high blood pressure game it would have been nice to laugh.

pirate4state
12-06-2014, 11:47 AM
So proud of Sweetwater and the season they had! Shame it had to end. Congratulations!

STANG RED
12-06-2014, 03:10 PM
My take from last nights game. First of all, wow what a great game to watch! Both teams were very deserving to be there, both played their hearts out, and left it all on the field. Both did themselves and their fans very proudly, and all will remember this game for many years to come. These are the types of games everyone loves to see. The fans are almost as worn out as the players after games like this.
Now for the more technical stuff I observed. You seldom win when you turn the ball over 4 times as SW did. The int in the endzone from 10 yds out was a killer. But SW got a takeaway from inside the 10 as well, so those pretty well equaled out I guess. The other 3 ints appeared to be a combination of pour passes, and a great job by Celina keying on something that made them aware of what was coming. These were just high floater passes that our fast receivers just typicall run under and keep running to the endzone. It worked about 3 times, but Celina had it defensed perfectly on the 3 ints. They had a couple guys setting in wait playing center field almost, and simply waited on the ball to drop in their hands. Great coaching and assignment play, along with slightly underthrown balls made those plays happen. SW best plays all night were crossing routes, which our fast receivers turned into big plays on several occasions. I'm surprised we didn't go back to the well more often frankly. But Celina did finally start defensing that play a bit better in the fourth in quarter, and managed to stop it a couple times on SW's last drive.
Celina controlled the line of scrimmage when they were on offense most all night. Their O line was big and strong, and could get a good 4-5 yard push most of the time. Why Celina didn't just keep pounding on that all night is a mystery to me, as we really had no answer for it. We had a few individuals penetrate into the Celina backfield on several occasions and made a few great stops, but not on a consistent enough basis. Both QB's shined most of the night, except the 4 int's by ours. But then again, those were as much good coaching and assignment play on Celina's part than his fault. I was impressed with Celina's QB's ability to roll out and pass on the run, when it looked like we had a bead on him for a loss. He really made some huge plays happen to get first downs and continue drives, that just eventually wore our D down. Our D was a very tired bunch on the last Celina drive, and it showed.
The kicking game was also a huge factor in this game. We simply have NO KICKING GAME at all, and it's been that way all season. Heck, I think I could have found a freshman girl that could have done a better job honestly. But that aside, Celina knew better than to kick it deep on us, as it would have most likely yielded a score and/or great field position for SW. As much as I hate seeing the little squib kicks all night, it's often the smartest move, as Celina proved all night. Yes we had little short kicks to, but mainly because we simply suck at kicking the football. Sad but true.
All in all, it was a great game, and I'm glad I was there to see it. It was definitely worth the trip. Celina was probably the better well rounded team, was better coached, had a size advantage, had a numbers advantage, and some great individual athletes that made plays. As much as it pains me to say it, the better all around team won. But take away those 4 int's I truly believe SW would have won it by two scores. As it is, breakout the basketballs at SHS gym next week. It was a great run Mustangs! You did yourselves proud.

orange machine
12-06-2014, 04:23 PM
My take from last nights game. First of all, wow what a great game to watch! Both teams were very deserving to be there, both played their hearts out, and left it all on the field. Both did themselves and their fans very proudly, and all will remember this game for many years to come. These are the types of games everyone loves to see. The fans are almost as worn out as the players after games like this.
Now for the more technical stuff I observed. You seldom win when you turn the ball over 4 times as SW did. The int in the endzone from 10 yds out was a killer. But SW got a takeaway from inside the 10 as well, so those pretty well equaled out I guess. The other 3 ints appeared to be a combination of pour passes, and a great job by Celina keying on something that made them aware of what was coming. These were just high floater passes that our fast receivers just typicall run under and keep running to the endzone. It worked about 3 times, but Celina had it defensed perfectly on the 3 ints. They had a couple guys setting in wait playing center field almost, and simply waited on the ball to drop in their hands. Great coaching and assignment play, along with slightly underthrown balls made those plays happen. SW best plays all night were crossing routes, which our fast receivers turned into big plays on several occasions. I'm surprised we didn't go back to the well more often frankly. But Celina did finally start defensing that play a bit better in the fourth in quarter, and managed to stop it a couple times on SW's last drive.
Celina controlled the line of scrimmage when they were on offense most all night. Their O line was big and strong, and could get a good 4-5 yard push most of the time. Why Celina didn't just keep pounding on that all night is a mystery to me, as we really had no answer for it. We had a few individuals penetrate into the Celina backfield on several occasions and made a few great stops, but not on a consistent enough basis. Both QB's shined most of the night, except the 4 int's by ours. But then again, those were as much good coaching and assignment play on Celina's part than his fault. I was impressed with Celina's QB's ability to roll out and pass on the run, when it looked like we had a bead on him for a loss. He really made some huge plays happen to get first downs and continue drives, that just eventually wore our D down. Our D was a very tired bunch on the last Celina drive, and it showed.
The kicking game was also a huge factor in this game. We simply have NO KICKING GAME at all, and it's been that way all season. Heck, I think I could have found a freshman girl that could have done a better job honestly. But that aside, Celina knew better than to kick it deep on us, as it would have most likely yielded a score and/or great field position for SW. As much as I hate seeing the little squib kicks all night, it's often the smartest move, as Celina proved all night. Yes we had little short kicks to, but mainly because we simply suck at kicking the football. Sad but true.
All in all, it was a great game, and I'm glad I was there to see it. It was definitely worth the trip. Celina was probably the better well rounded team, was better coached, had a size advantage, had a numbers advantage, and some great individual athletes that made plays. As much as it pains me to say it, the better all around team won. But take away those 4 int's I truly believe SW would have won it by two scores. As it is, breakout the basketballs at SHS gym next week. It was a great run Mustangs! You did yourselves proud.

That is a good assessment of the game except your forgetting Celina had 4 turnovers also so it's a push. What hurt Celina on offense last night was losing the best back in that game in the 1st qt. Had Jarren not got hurt I think everybody knows this game would have been a bigger margin of victory for Celina. I however agree with the fact Celina should not have stopped pounding the hall, but did at times. I could not figure it out either cause it was not going to be stopped.

However though it was an action packed game and Sweetwater played their tails off and played a very good game.

STANG RED
12-06-2014, 08:31 PM
That is a good assessment of the game except your forgetting Celina had 4 turnovers also so it's a push. What hurt Celina on offense last night was losing the best back in that game in the 1st qt. Had Jarren not got hurt I think everybody knows this game would have been a bigger margin of victory for Celina. I however agree with the fact Celina should not have stopped pounding the hall, but did at times. I could not figure it out either cause it was not going to be stopped.

However though it was an action packed game and Sweetwater played their tails off and played a very good game.

I only remember 2 Celina turnovers. I didn't realize they had 4 also.

marler1972
12-06-2014, 09:55 PM

We had 3, 1 fumble inside the 5 and two int's

gatordaze
12-06-2014, 10:18 PM

and lost an onside kick

STANG RED
12-07-2014, 08:32 AM
and lost an onside kick

LOL, I'm pretty sure that wasn't even an onside kick. I think the kicker just almost completely missed the ball. But we got lucky on it for sure. Most of our kicking game doesn't yield good results like that however.

RPF2666
12-07-2014, 08:49 AM
LOL, I'm pretty sure that wasn't even an onside kick. I think the kicker just almost completely missed the ball. But we got lucky on it for sure. Most of our kicking game doesn't yield good results like that however.

I am COMPLETELY sure it wasn't an onside kick. You can't kick at a ball that hard and have it go 12 yards like that one did, the way it did (spinning like a top) on purpose! It completely fooled the Celina front line
guys because he tried to kick it deep!

RPF2666
12-07-2014, 08:51 AM

We also played 3 qtrs. without our starting right tackle, but were able to cover it with some depth we might not even have known
we had, since the O-Line has basically been intact all year!

RPF2666
12-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Yes. I do have a graduate degree and am familiar with the phrase. But on radio? Whatever, I just tuned in for the last few minutes of the game after listening to the Graham/Stephenville broadcast. Could really care less, just thought the Celina announcers were complete ass-clowns. Later:wave:... and good luck next week. You're gonna need it.

You weren't listening on the radio, you were listening on the internet... big difference.... I'd suggest you just don't listen next time... There isn't a bigger
supporter of the kids of Celina than that man, and... I can assure you he was sweating profusely!:hand:

BwdLion73
12-07-2014, 10:50 AM
I'm not interested in keeping this going, and I have no doubt of your claim that he loves the bobcats. I'm interested to know what the difference is in listening to the game on a radio internet feed as opposed to the radio itself? I understand slight time delays and such but don't see where that has anything to do with the broadcast content. I listened to the Stephenville/Graham feed on the Steers radio and felt I got a pretty good description of what was happening. As all smaller markets it was a little rough at times (the announcers prayed to god during each extra point, and one called the jackets for holding on every play
) LOL

gatordaze
12-07-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm not interested in keeping this going, and I have no doubt of your claim that he loves the bobcats. I'm interested to know what the difference is in listening to the game on a radio internet feed as opposed to the radio itself? I understand slight time delays and such but don't see where that has anything to do with the broadcast content. I listened to the Stephenville/Graham feed on the Steers radio and felt I got a pretty good description of what was happening. As all smaller markets it was a little rough at times (the announcers prayed to god during each extra point, and one called the jackets for holding on every play
) LOL

I think the difference lies with the FCC. In order to be on the "radio" you have to have a license and are bound by regulation including what you say. On the Internet, you are streaming data and can say or present anything that you feel that your audience want to hear or see. If the audience does not like it they can choose to not visit the website. You did not accidentally tune your computer to something that was offensive to YOU. You chose to go there. If it sucks the audience will not keep coming back. This is his 3rd or 4th year of doing this and he is supported by advertising. Maybe you should find another website to visit.

BwdLion73
12-07-2014, 01:58 PM
I think the difference lies with the FCC. In order to be on the "radio" you have to have a license and are bound by regulation including what you say. On the Internet, you are streaming data and can say or present anything that you feel that your audience want to hear or see. If the audience does not like it they can choose to not visit the website. You did not accidentally tune your computer to something that was offensive to YOU. You chose to go there. If it sucks the audience will not keep coming back. This is his 3rd or 4th year of doing this and he is supported by advertising. Maybe you should find another website to visit.

Never said I found anything offensive. Just wanted to know what the difference was. Thanks for your suggestion.

gatordaze
12-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Never said I found anything offensive. Just wanted to know what the difference was. Thanks for your suggestion.

Anytime