PDA

View Full Version : La Grange (13-0) v West Orange Stark (11-2) 4a DII R3 Championship

Pages : [1] 2

Pudlugger
11-28-2014, 10:33 PM
WOS comes off a blowout over hapless LaMarque 34-0 while La Grange won a battle against a big physical Hardin-Jefferson Hawks. WOS has a very balanced attack with some outstanding athletes and will be the biggest test yet for the Leopards. Will the Lep defense step it up a notch and hold back the Mustangs enough for the offense to roll and get the win? I think so. Leps by 7.

Leopardfan201
11-28-2014, 10:37 PM
Going to be a close game. I say LG by 3, but WOS could very well win this game

lbjacj
11-28-2014, 11:05 PM
La Grange Leopards vs West Orange Stark. December 5th. Moorehead Stadium, Conroe, Tx. Gametime is 7:30pm.

Roughneck93
11-28-2014, 11:08 PM
La Grange Leopards vs West Orange Stark. December 5th. Moorehead Stadium, Conroe, Tx. Gametime is 7:30pm.

Awesome, I'll be there.

Pudlugger
11-28-2014, 11:17 PM

Who is home team?

WOS1
11-28-2014, 11:25 PM
WOS comes off a blowout over hapless LaMarque 34-0 while La Grange won a battle against a big physical Hardin-Jefferson Hawks. WOS has a very balanced attack with some outstanding athletes and will be the biggest test yet for the Leopards. Will the Lep defense step it up a notch and hold back the Mustangs enough for the offense to roll and get the win? I think so. Leps by 7.

"Hapless"... I freakin love it... Ok the 11-1 LM Cougars were "Hapless".

Anyway, it doesn't have any bearing on our matchup with LG, but NO ONE beats LM like that. The Mustangs rose to a different level tonight. LM had 76 yds of offense and never crossed the 50... Just let that sink in

Leopardfan201
11-28-2014, 11:28 PM
LM hasn't played no one all year till now. I seen them play Freeport in September LM wasn't that good

WOS1
11-28-2014, 11:47 PM
Ok...

Leopardfan201
11-28-2014, 11:53 PM
Ur rgt but I bet if ya played HJ again it would be closer than ya first meeting. And LG made alot of mistakes and penalties and still come up with the win. HJ up 21/7, LG outscored them 29/7 the rest of the way

Pudlugger
11-29-2014, 12:02 AM
"Hapless"... I freakin love it... Ok the 11-1 LM Cougars were "Hapless".

Anyway, it doesn't have any bearing on our matchup with LG, but NO ONE beats LM like that. The Mustangs rose to a different level tonight. LM had 76 yds of offense and never crossed the 50... Just let that sink in

Well they sure played like that tonight and btw who have they beaten this year that is a quality team? Yeah right no one.
Not taking anything away from WOS they were outstanding and clearly in another class than La Marque.

WOS1
11-29-2014, 12:06 AM
Ur rgt but I bet if ya played HJ again it would be closer than ya first meeting. And LG made alot of mistakes and penalties and still come up with the win. HJ up 21/7, LG outscored them 29/7 the rest of the way

Id buy that if it weren't for the fact that it was less than a month ago. You also won a close one against Giddings, ours wasn't. Gave up 39 points.

Leopardfan201
11-29-2014, 12:10 AM
Ya whr up by 6 points going into the 4th quarter on giddings I would say that was close

Aggie98
11-29-2014, 12:13 AM
I'll take WOS by 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOS1
11-29-2014, 12:14 AM
But the game is 4 qtrs, isn't it? We could have played 8 and they wouldn't sniff 39

Leopardfan201
11-29-2014, 12:15 AM
Ya beat Giddings by 20 we beat them by 17. I say this is going to be a close game, 2 of the best teams in region 3 meet finally

WOS1
11-29-2014, 12:17 AM
Ya beat Giddings by 20 we beat them by 17. I say this is going to be a close game, 2 of the best teams in region 3 meet finally

I can agree with that! ;)

PappaFeelGood
11-29-2014, 05:48 AM
14 pts against Giddings came in 4th quarter late with a lot of if not all 2nd string players on the field. Also
The rivalry against the Buffs is always competitive as these towns are 20 miles apart.

HJ is a very good team and #7 is a athlete. Once LG corrected mistakes it was a different ball game.

They don't get easier also all previous games and scores don't matter what will matter is the score in this game.
LEPS by 7.

Pudlugger
11-29-2014, 08:54 AM
The Leps came out flat and made some mental mistakes in the first quarter but came alive with 5 minutes left in the first half to narrow the score to 21-14. In the third quarter they were on fire and shut down the slot-t with the two big Hawk rbs. Our O line reclaimed the LOS and made some key downfield blocks to free up Dobbins to do his magic. We didn't catch a break the whole game and made some mistakes that really hurt us. A fumble after a good reception recovered by HJ in the first quarter then a fumbled punt return recovered by LG called dead when the Video Scoreboard replay clearly showed the ball was coming out before he was down, then a fumble recovery by LG on a 3th down stop called back because of a facemask penalty. If we clean it up next week we should be able to get by WOS but must play a more efficient game.

bansheefan03
11-29-2014, 09:05 AM
Is lg pass defense any better then last year

Pudlugger
11-29-2014, 09:18 AM

Yes much better. More height and speed in all positions.

WOS1
11-29-2014, 09:40 AM
I don't know, guys. Sounding like a bunch of excuses going on. This time of year you have to rise to another level. I feel WOS did that last night. To hold LM to no points and no trips past the 50 is incredible.

I said a couple weeks ago that if a team is able to solve the Dobbins riddle, LG is in trouble. I feel if there is a team left that might be able to do this, it's WOS. Not saying we can, he may go for 200. I'm just telling you. I've been involved in enough games where you are running thru people and look and feel unstoppable until you run into that team that can match up and then the sky falls...

WOS1
11-29-2014, 09:40 AM

We will soon see. :)

Pudlugger
11-29-2014, 09:55 AM
I don't know, guys. Sounding like a bunch of excuses going on. This time of year you have to rise to another level. I feel WOS did that last night. To hold LM to no points and no trips past the 50 is incredible.

I said a couple weeks ago that if a team is able to solve the Dobbins riddle, LG is in trouble. I feel if there is a team left that might be able to do this, it's WOS. Not saying we can, he may go for 200. I'm just telling you. I've been involved in enough games where you are running thru people and look and feel unstoppable until you run into that team that can match up and then the sky falls...

That could just as well be WOS that runs up into a team that can match up. WOS is beatable we know that. No one yet has beaten the Leps and they don't plan on letting the Stangs run over them. The Leps play up to the opposition. They will step up a notch or two next Friday wait and see.

bird_fan
11-29-2014, 10:54 AM
I go with the Mustangs in this one

Pudlugger
11-29-2014, 11:01 AM
I go with the Mustangs in this one

Of course you do. We will disimbue you of this notion Friday night. Leps by 7. :)

griff
11-29-2014, 11:08 AM
That could just as well be WOS that runs up into a team that can match up. WOS is beatable we know that. No one yet has beaten the Leps and they don't plan on letting the Stangs run over them. The Leps play up to the opposition. They will step up a notch or two next Friday wait and see.

The difference in this comparison is that WO-S has ALREADY faced a team that matched up to them. Two of them, in fact - Newton and Richmond Foster. LaGrange has not...yet. The Newton loss looked bad at the time, but we see now that Newton is now playing to their potential and will likely win state in their classification. WO-S lost to 5A D1 Richmond Foster in the preseason. We went to to toe with them (lost 17-14), but their defense was a buzz saw and better than ANY defense we will see in 4A D2. Our sophomore QB was put through the fire, but that one game sped up his growth as our field general. Our tough schedule has helped to prepare us for where we are now and hopefully beyond. Based on LaGrange's schedule, they haven't played a team like RF or WO-S. Giddings doesn't fit the bill for this comparison. They are not as good as either RF or Newton. WO-S strength of schedule has been rated #3 in 4A D2.

The interesting match up within the WO-S/LG game will be Dobbins vs. the overall team defensive speed of WO-S. We are a completely different style of team than HJ.

Pudlugger
11-29-2014, 11:15 AM
I guess you South East Texas boys don't notice much about football teams west of I 35 but you have overlooked the convincing wins of LG over La Vernia (10-2 ranked 10th in 4a DI) and Liberty Hill (10-2 playing Rockport Fulton in round three today and ranked 8th in 4a DI). Also losing to quality opponents is no huge accomplishment. Try beating some and I'll be impressed. RF was one and done btw.

PappaFeelGood
11-29-2014, 11:36 AM
Good luck on the Dobbins riddle WOS1. WOS would be the only to solve that riddle this year. Should he go for 200 yds plus WOS will be with their backs to the wall. Yes 22 is a big part of our offense but there are other offensive weapons to contend with. Should be a great game and one that will be talked about for years to come.

griff
11-29-2014, 11:39 AM
I guess you South East Texas boys don't notice much about football teams west of I 35 but you have overlooked the convincing wins of LG over La Vernia (10-2 ranked 10th in 4a DI) and Liberty Hill (10-2 playing Rockport Fulton in round three today and ranked 8th in 4a DI). Also losing to quality opponents is no huge accomplishment. Try beating some and I'll be impressed. RF was one and done btw.

Nah, what we see is some of you region 4 guys (LG was region 4 before this year), like yourself, and many others on the downlow really don't much about WO-S...meaning you haven't seen us play THIS year or in most past years, either. You were the one who initially picked Giddings to score 49 against WO-S!!! Not...a...clue. Also, Richmond Foster plays in 5A D1, so to be out in their classification is not the same as being one and out in 4A D2. If they were in our classification, they would still be playing. If you SAW them play, you would think differently. You have to look beyond your region, bud. I've watched film of LG and was in attendance at the HJ game yesterday. I know what WO-S is facing. Go ahead and throw some point spread on the wall again and see if it sticks. Or, educate yourself and see some film on RF and WO-S. If you still feel the same, then enjoy staying warm and comfortable in your little corner tucked away 20 miles south of Giddings.

griff
11-29-2014, 11:43 AM
Good luck on the Dobbins riddle WOS1. WOS would be the only to solve that riddle this year. Should he go for 200 yds plus WOS will be with their backs to the wall. Yes 22 is a big part of our offense but there are other offensive weapons to contend with. Should be a great game and one that will be talked about for years to come.

We've seen this comment made more than once, but after watching the LG/HJ game yesterday, Dobbins must have touched the ball 80-90% of every snap. They threw the ball maybe five times, right? #5 had very few touches. I don't doubt that #5 is a good back, but yesterday's game was FAR from spreading the wealth among the "other guys."

Pudlugger
11-29-2014, 12:38 PM
Nah, what we see is some of you region 4 guys (LG was region 4 before this year), like yourself, and many others on the downlow really don't much about WO-S...meaning you haven't seen us play THIS year or in most past years, either. You were the one who initially picked Giddings to score 49 against WO-S!!! Not...a...clue. Also, Richmond Foster plays in 5A D1, so to be out in their classification is not the same as being one and out in 4A D2. If they were in our classification, they would still be playing. If you SAW them play, you would think differently. You have to look beyond your region, bud. I've watched film of LG and was in attendance at the HJ game yesterday. I know what WO-S is facing. Go ahead and throw some point spread on the wall again and see if it sticks. Or, educate yourself and see some film on RF and WO-S. If you still feel the same, then enjoy staying warm and comfortable in your little corner tucked away 20 miles south of Giddings.

Like I said you guys don't know much about teams not in your little golden triangle corner of Texas.
HJ couldn't stop Dobbins so no need to go to anyone else. Like PapaFeel Good says the Leps have more than just Dobbins. Our O line dominated after the first quarter yesterday and our defense shut HJ down after the half. WOS beats up on an overrated La Marque team and suddenly they're the bomb. Orangefield could have beaten LaMarque.
WOS has one thing on LG we haven't lost to any great teams 3A or 5a we just stumbled along to 13-0.

PappaFeelGood
11-29-2014, 12:49 PM
#5 did have a 30 yard plus TD run. He also had a long kickoff return in the second half. Correct he didn't have that many touches or his usual yards but you still have to account for him. He is a threat and can go house anytime.

Pudlugger
11-29-2014, 12:55 PM
I can't wait to see WOS pooch kick away from #5 or #22 like HJ did all day. The one time HJ kicked deep(from their 25 due to personal foul on PAT) Hutchison almost took it to the house after 50 yard return. If WOS trusts their special team's defense they should kick it deep.

PappaFeelGood
11-29-2014, 01:16 PM
Correct Pud this game may come down to who wins the special teams battle. Pooch it and give us a short field or kick it deep and take their chances. What's a stang to do? Maybe Griff or WOS can share some special team insight. What's their punter like? Does he average more than 15yds per punt or are they equal to HJs punt team. I'm sure with their speed they have a return threat or two or three. Which teams kick coverage can cover?

WOS1
11-29-2014, 01:28 PM
Correct Pud this game may come down to who wins the special teams battle. Pooch it and give us a short field or kick it deep and take their chances. What's a stang to do? Maybe Griff or WOS can share some special team insight. What's their punter like? Does he average more than 15yds per punt or are they equal to HJs punt team. I'm sure with their speed they have a return threat or two or three. Which teams kick coverage can cover?

I think it's funny that you guys are thumping your chest over speed... We wrote the book on it... You may have the fastest individual on the field. You WILL NOT have the fastest team... You are about to find out what real TEAM speed is all about.

We are not afraid of kicking deep, returning punts or whatever you guys want to do. You DONT want a track meet. You got 2 guys that can go. We have a whole team...

Pudlugger
11-29-2014, 01:39 PM
I think it's funny that you guys are thumping your chest over speed... We wrote the book on it... You may have the fastest individual on the field. You WILL NOT have the fastest team... You are about to find out what real TEAM speed is all about.

We are not afraid of kicking deep, returning punts or whatever you guys want to do. You DONT want a track meet. You got 2 guys that can go. We have a whole team...

You're right WOS1, LG has two fast guys and 9 Umpa Lumpas. It will be a slaughter. /s :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZhs7w-FzeI

Leopardfan201
11-29-2014, 03:38 PM
So what ever team wins this game would it be a upset or not

hookandladder
11-29-2014, 05:03 PM
We've seen this comment made more than once, but after watching the LG/HJ game yesterday, Dobbins must have touched the ball 80-90% of every snap. They threw the ball maybe five times, right? #5 had very few touches. I don't doubt that #5 is a good back, but yesterday's game was FAR from spreading the wealth among the "other guys."

I would have to agree with you on this comment, without Dobbins we would be done. Like I said on another thread , WOS needs to put two players on Dobbins and make Hutchinson beat you. The question is , can Hutchinson step up and rise to the occasion . LG will not win throwing the ball a lot, bottom line Dobbins is a beast. Dobbins is just that good and only a sophomore .

Dogs_21
11-29-2014, 05:47 PM
I have seen both play this year RF and La Grange. Foster would beat LG. With that said WO by 10pts.

Pudlugger
11-29-2014, 06:29 PM
I have seen both play this year RF and La Grange. Foster would beat LG. With that said WO by 10pts.

Wow then I'm really glad we're not playing Richmand Foster! We'll just have to take our chances on WOS.
Hook, you seem to forget football is a team sport. without the support of those other 10 players Dobbins would not be the star player he is. I'm certain that he knows that and appreciates the work they all put in together as a team. Go Leps 35-28.

Leopardfan201
11-29-2014, 07:20 PM
If that was the case with RF look at what LG did to orange field 49/7 and WOS beat OF 42/14

Leopardfan201
11-29-2014, 07:25 PM
LG is ranked higher than WOS so would it be a upset if WOS wins

Pudlugger
11-29-2014, 08:37 PM
Rankings go out the window for this game. Leps just need to play their best game of the season and they will win. No turnovers, limit penalties and control the LOS. Defense needs to pressure the Qb and the secondary must keep up with their fast receivers. Special teams need to turn in another excellent performance. Kates has purposely not shown much of our offense in the playoffs up to this point. There is more and we will see that Friday. This is crunch time folks. We are fighting on a ledge. Make a mistake and we fall. Go Leps! 35-28

Pudlugger
11-29-2014, 09:16 PM
Leps are Home team according to a SETX post.

hookandladder
11-30-2014, 07:10 AM
Wow then I'm really glad we're not playing Richmand Foster! We'll just have to take our chances on WOS.
Hook, you seem to forget football is a team sport. without the support of those other 10 players Dobbins would not be the star player he is. I'm certain that he knows that and appreciates the work they all put in together as a team. Go Leps 35-28.

Pud I understand all about the aspect of football being team sport, just stating the fact at the high school level and more so from 4 A down that normally a team that wins state has one player or two that the team cannot win without them, Dobbins is that player this year. Tye Gunn was that player.

Pudlugger
11-30-2014, 08:05 AM
Pud I understand all about the aspect of football being team sport, just stating the fact at the high school level and more so from 4 A down that normally a team that wins state has one player or two that the team cannot win without them, Dobbins is that player this year. Tye Gunn was that player.

OK Hook I get what you're saying and agree that Dobbins is very valuable to our team and as always appreciate your inciteful comments. However, as for Tye Gunn in the 2000 season, in 2001 season the Leps came darn close to winning it all again falling short by 4 points to Commerce in a game we should have won without Gunn so team counts for a lot. I think this team has many outstanding players in addition to Hutchison and Dobbins if not DI elite recruits. Several could play at the next level in lower classifications like DIII or DII. If you put a kid like Dobbins in a mediocre team like Columbus would they be where we are now? I doubt it. Remember when Gunn was a sophomore in 1998 we went 4-6 and didn't make the playoffs. In short I think this team is more than a "one trick pony" like the folks at WOS are saying. We will find out Friday now that we are in crunch time playing a team of high quality like WOS. I think the young men on the Leopard team will step up and make a statement Friday.

BB BULLS
11-30-2014, 08:19 AM
got no dog in this fight but will pull for the guys down the road LG 41 WOs 21. Now this is based on the LEPS coming out and playing a whole game like they played the second half of the HJ game. they do that and they will role, but have those first half mistakes against WOS it will be a lot closer.

Pudlugger
11-30-2014, 09:42 AM
got no dog in this fight but will pull for the guys down the road LG 41 WOs 21. Now this is based on the LEPS coming out and playing a whole game like they played the second half of the HJ game. they do that and they will role, but have those first half mistakes against WOS it will be a lot closer.

I agree BB Bulls, that first 15 minutes against HJ was not the kind of football this team is known for. Too many missed assignments and mental errors. However I think the Leps will have learned from this and will come out Friday and play 48 minutes of heads up Lep football. WOS has a very tough defense so I'm thinking 35-28 Leps.

PappaFeelGood
11-30-2014, 10:39 AM

If anyone is chest thumping they're from SETX. That's proven by this and other boards. Maybe LG should just forfeit, NOT. Yes this is no doubt LGs best opponent so far but I can assure you they will walk off that bus and give it everything they got . I expect WOS to do the same. Yes Dobbins is a beast and his work load is heavy and I can assure all that he is up to the challenge. Hutchinson did not have his best game against HJ albeit effective and his prescence was known. Should be epic a game and I believe it comes down to the fourth quarter. LEPS by 7 yes I'm a homer.

griff
11-30-2014, 12:03 PM
If anyone is chest thumping they're from SETX. That's proven by this and other boards. Maybe LG should just forfeit, NOT. Yes this is no doubt LGs best opponent so far but I can assure you they will walk off that bus and give it everything they got . I expect WOS to do the same. Yes Dobbins is a beast and his work load is heavy and I can assure all that he is up to the challenge. Hutchinson did not have his best game against HJ albeit effective and his prescence was known. Should be epic a game and I believe it comes down to the fourth quarter. LEPS by 7 yes I'm a homer.

Many of the "chest thumpers" on the setrx site are fans from other schools who are familiar with WO-S. WOS1 and myself, who are the only WO-S fans commenting over here, have been respectful about LaGrange's ability. At the same time, you guys are giving absolutely ZERO credit to HJ. It's only "first half mistakes" and such that made the game close. HJ outplayed LaGrange in the first half. You haven't acknowledged that HJ was a worthy opponent and went toe-to-toe with you. HJ made a couple of errors themselves that could have helped their cause, just as you say LG mistakes cost you some.

Pud, the callousness of your predictions is laughable..."WO-S has a very tough defense so I'm thinking 35-28 Leps." Yeah, no problem, we can still hang 35 on them, and Giddings can score 49 on them. Sir, YOU are the one who is limited on knowledge of football teams outside of your area. WOS1 and I, and a few other "quiet" posters, watched LaGrange vs. HJ and have seen plenty of film on your team. I don't think you've watched a lick of WO-S football this year. It's also funny that region 4 teams, which LG was until this year, have historically lost to region 3 teams almost every year. We saw what Carthage did to you last year. We gave Carthage their toughest game of the playoffs. This year, we have two common opponents, and WO-S fared better in both games. To you, we're just another team with a winning record that LG will dispose of. I love your overconfidence, because you really don't know the kind of team LG is facing. Even one of the Giddings fans who posts here said he would rather play LG again than play WO-S again. I never make score predictions, but I guarantee you Dobbins and the rest of the team will see a team unlike any other you have played to this point. Our defense will pursue you from all 11 positions. Our offense is not your mama's slot T, either (sorry, HJ fans). We will pound the middle, but we will also spread the field, and we will go deep, as well.

We know more about LG than you know about us and you seem content to write us off. If we win, that will just make this all the more satisfying. Friday can't get here soon enough.

PappaFeelGood
11-30-2014, 12:28 PM
I gave HJ props in a earlier post. They will be a force to contend with in the upcoming years. With that said I think LG out played themselves in the first half with mistakes and turnovers. The second half was more LG style of football and they out scored HJ 29-7. This weeks game will well be worth the price of admission. This weeks winner MOST LIKELY will advance to the state game.(I know R4 will have something to say bout it). The clips I've seen on WOS we are equal. Friday night will tell all who is the better team. LEPS by7

Pudlugger
11-30-2014, 02:15 PM
Many of the "chest thumpers" on the setrx site are fans from other schools who are familiar with WO-S. WOS1 and myself, who are the only WO-S fans commenting over here, have been respectful about LaGrange's ability. At the same time, you guys are giving absolutely ZERO credit to HJ. It's only "first half mistakes" and such that made the game close. HJ outplayed LaGrange in the first half. You haven't acknowledged that HJ was a worthy opponent and went toe-to-toe with you. HJ made a couple of errors themselves that could have helped their cause, just as you say LG mistakes cost you some.

Pud, the callousness of your predictions is laughable..."WO-S has a very tough defense so I'm thinking 35-28 Leps." Yeah, no problem, we can still hang 35 on them, and Giddings can score 49 on them. Sir, YOU are the one who is limited on knowledge of football teams outside of your area. WOS1 and I, and a few other "quiet" posters, watched LaGrange vs. HJ and have seen plenty of film on your team. I don't think you've watched a lick of WO-S football this year. It's also funny that region 4 teams, which LG was until this year, have historically lost to region 3 teams almost every year. We saw what Carthage did to you last year. We gave Carthage their toughest game of the playoffs. This year, we have two common opponents, and WO-S fared better in both games. To you, we're just another team with a winning record that LG will dispose of. I love your overconfidence, because you really don't know the kind of team LG is facing. Even one of the Giddings fans who posts here said he would rather play LG again than play WO-S again. I never make score predictions, but I guarantee you Dobbins and the rest of the team will see a team unlike any other you have played to this point. Our defense will pursue you from all 11 positions. Our offense is not your mama's slot T, either (sorry, HJ fans). We will pound the middle, but we will also spread the field, and we will go deep, as well.

We know more about LG than you know about us and you seem content to write us off. If we win, that will just make this all the more satisfying. Friday can't get here soon enough.

I support my team just like you. I have watched all the film clips on MaxPreps that I can find on WOS. They are a solid football team. HJ was a solid team and I said so on here and SETX congratulating them on their season. You seem to think that as an LG poster I should genuflect to WOS. Well I think LG wins this game. I have read all about how our schedule was softer than WOS and that we have not played teams of the same caliber as those that beat the Mustangs. Well here is some stats I just posted on SETX:

Here's a statistical breakdown for both teams.

WOS 11-2 average PF 36 average PA 12 Strength of Schedule* 14.4

La Grange 13-0 average PF 41 average PA 15 Strength of Schedule* 21.6

So LG has played a tougher schedule scoring on average 5 more points per game and giving up 3 more points per game than WOS winning all 13 games with WOS having 2 loses.

Going on this LG should be a 7 point favorite in this game.

*MaxPreps;

http://www.maxpreps....4b-1fea937a3e36

LG 35-28

AggiesAreWe
11-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Have seen both teams in action. WO-S wins this one.

WO-S 34
LG 20

speedbump
11-30-2014, 02:28 PM
Pigskin Prep strength of schedule:

By opponents record LG - 76-74 ranked 18th toughest in D-2
WO- 87-65 ranked 7th

By opp. power rating WOS comes in at number 10 , LG at 19.

WOS1
11-30-2014, 02:31 PM

^^^^^^ What he said! :)

I've been watching Dobbins/LG on youtube/Maxpreps since I started hearing about him way back in week 3 or 4.

Pudlugger
11-30-2014, 03:02 PM

WO- 87-65 ranked 7th

You know speedy you have been an LG doubter all year. I think you're still butt hurt about the blowout LG gave the Ricebirds last year in round one 42-7. Time to just move on pal. ;)

Leopardfan201
11-30-2014, 03:15 PM
I seen WOS on film they are fast offense and defense. But I believe we will have the best player on offense out of both teams in JK Dobbins. WOS may have a great defense but Dobbins will find holes too run thru he always does

Pudlugger
11-30-2014, 03:18 PM

WO- 87-65 ranked 7th

That being said they have two losses from the best teams they have played so far while LG has won them all. Tatum has a high rating on the PIg too but they're playing basketball now with a 7-6 record.

Leopardfan201
11-30-2014, 03:21 PM
LG beat teams that r still playing next week, as in Yoakum and Liberty hill teams LG flat out blew out

WOS1
11-30-2014, 03:40 PM
That being said they have two losses from the best teams they have played so far while LG has won them all. Tatum has a high rating on the PIg too but they're playing basketball now with a 7-6 record.

LG hasn't played a soul you could even attempt to compare to Foster.

WOS1
11-30-2014, 03:41 PM
LG beat teams that r still playing next week, as in Yoakum and Liberty hill teams LG flat out blew out

Still playing in region 4...

Pudlugger
11-30-2014, 03:50 PM
LG hasn't played a soul you could even attempt to compare to Foster.

MaxPreps disagrees. LG 6th in R3 overall and Foster 15th! In R4 Liberty Hill 10th and LaVernia 12th. LG beat them both handily. Newton beat yall and is 26th in R3.

speedbump
11-30-2014, 04:24 PM
MaxPreps disagrees. LG 6th in R3 overall and Foster 15th! In R4 Liberty Hill 10th and LaVernia 12th. LG beat them both handily. Newton beat yall and is 26th in R3.

LOL @ MaxPreps

BB BULLS
11-30-2014, 04:29 PM
PUD & LEPFAN you can say what ever you want to these etx people no matter what it is and you will always be wrong etx is the best there is no other place that compares. the programs they have are all better than anyone else. you guys will thump WOS just MO, so jump on it etx. i have seen both both teams play by the way

griff
11-30-2014, 04:37 PM
PUD & LEPFAN you can say what ever you want to these etx people no matter what it is and you will always be wrong etx is the best there is no other place that compares. the programs they have are all better than anyone else. you guys will thump WOS just MO, so jump on it etx. i have seen both both teams play by the way

Don't confuse SETX posters with smoaky. Any superiority complex you read about comes from the east Texas guys on smoaky, not us.

That loss to HJ still hurts, doesn't it.

BB BULLS
11-30-2014, 04:43 PM
by the way itried to get on the setx site before we played HJ never got approved, but there was another person on there from Bellville and they was giving them setx boys alot of crap. but he might have got kicked off cause i have not seen anymore post from him. so i guess if you dont play the way they want you to they just kick you off

BB BULLS
11-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Don't confuse SETX posters with smoaky. Any superiority complex you read about comes from the east Texas guys on smoaky, not us.

That loss to HJ still hurts, doesn't it.

no i dont hurt we just got beat by a better team that day. its simple someone as win someone has to lose. HJ had a very good run they deserve all the credit they get.

griff
11-30-2014, 04:48 PM
I gave HJ props in a earlier post. They will be a force to contend with in the upcoming years. With that said I think LG out played themselves in the first half with mistakes and turnovers. The second half was more LG style of football and they out scored HJ 29-7. This weeks game will well be worth the price of admission. This weeks winner MOST LIKELY will advance to the state game.(I know R4 will have something to say bout it). The clips I've seen on WOS we are equal. Friday night will tell all who is the better team. LEPS by7

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. You "SAY" you gave credit to HJ, but then blame the closely played game on "LG outplayed themselves in the first half with mistakes and turnovers." ZERO real credit is being given to HJ. Saying they'll be good in "upcoming years" does not speak to the game played Friday. The game was close because the Hawks are a good team and gave LG all they wanted. You guys can't bring yourself to admit that.

LG had a tougher struggle with HJ and Giddings than WO-S did. WO-S is a better all around team than HJ. You will see on Friday.

BB BULLS
11-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Griff i am just like you i am gonna root for the team from my area. is that to hard for you to understand?

griff
11-30-2014, 04:55 PM

Dude, I tried telling you earlier that Foster is in 5A D1. Their ranking of 15th is in a classification three notches above WO-S and LG. You can't compare that to the rankings of the teams in 4A D2 (Liberty Hill, La Vernia). Newton is in a lower classification. They will likely win state in their classification and deservedly so.

griff
11-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Griff i am just like you i am gonna root for the team from my area. is that to hard for you to understand?

'Got no problem with that. I'm disputing the discredit given to HJ and WO-S by at least a couple of LG fans. Read between the lines.

griff
11-30-2014, 05:01 PM
by the way itried to get on the setx site before we played HJ never got approved, but there was another person on there from Bellville and they was giving them setx boys alot of crap. but he might have got kicked off cause i have not seen anymore post from him. so i guess if you dont play the way they want you to they just kick you off

It may be quiet from Bellville posters because there's only one or two and their season is over. Did you consider that? I know the moderators at setx and they only ban people or prevent their registration when someone gets vulgar. Send AggiesAreWe or WOSGrad a note and they'll get you in.

BB BULLS
11-30-2014, 05:02 PM
'Got no problem with that. I'm disputing the discredit given to HJ and WO-S by at least a couple of LG fans. Read between the lines.

ok cool! but can you tell me if WOS has faced RBS as good as LG has this year

hookandladder
11-30-2014, 05:14 PM

I would be willing to bet no they have not, maybe comparable to Hutchinson but not Dobbins. WOS defensive game plan will be simple, do everything they can to try and stop Dobbins and hope like hell Hutchinson does not go off on them. I do see a great game between these two teams, Leps in a tight one.

PappaFeelGood
11-30-2014, 05:18 PM
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. You "SAY" you gave credit to HJ, but then blame the closely played game on "LG outplayed themselves in the first half with mistakes and turnovers." ZERO real credit is being given to HJ. Saying they'll be good in "upcoming years" does not speak to the game played Friday. The game was close because the Hawks are a good team and gave LG all they wanted. You guys can't bring yourself to admit that.

LG had a tougher struggle with HJ and Giddings than WO-S did. WO-S is a better all around team than HJ. You will see on Friday.

I complimented HJ on a great game. I don't think HJ being out scored 29-7 results in as close of a game as you are referring to. LGs mistakes either offensively or defensively resulted in a 14-0 score at the end of the 1st Q. From that point LG was well in control out scoring HJ 36- 14 for the remainder of the game. Our definitions of close are not the same.

As to Giddings 14 of the 39 came late 4 th Q against 2nd defense.

Close score does not always mean the same as a close game.

BB BULLS
11-30-2014, 05:50 PM
I complimented HJ on a great game. I don't think HJ being out scored 29-7 results in as close of a game as you are referring to. LGs mistakes either offensively or defensively resulted in a 14-0 score at the end of the 1st Q. From that point LG was well in control out scoring HJ 36- 14 for the remainder of the game. Our definitions of close are not the same.

Pappa they are from ETX you can not compliment them you have to praise them, they are much better than anyone else. dont you know that? hahahahaha

PappaFeelGood
11-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Pappa they are from ETX you can not compliment them you have to praise them, they are much better than anyone else. dont you know that? hahahahaha

Southeast Texas at that BB. I was once informed that Orange was the capital of Louisiana. LOL.

BB BULLS
11-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Southeast Texas at that BB. I was once informed that Orange was the capital of Louisiana. LOL.

thats funny cause my wife told that etx folks was wanna be coon asses that just didnt make it. hope i dont get in trouble for that last comment.

drewlsu
11-30-2014, 06:13 PM
If LG wants to win this one, they better be up by 20 at halftime.
No coaching staff in 4a can compare to the adjustments that WOS makes at halftime.
If WOS has the lead or is down by less than 20, they win this game.

Pudlugger
11-30-2014, 06:22 PM
Dude, I tried telling you earlier that Foster is in 5A D1. Their ranking of 15th is in a classification three notches above WO-S and LG. You can't compare that to the rankings of the teams in 4A D2 (Liberty Hill, La Vernia). Newton is in a lower classification. They will likely win state in their classification and deservedly so.

"Dude" the ranking I quoted is for all divisions combined in the region, 1a-6a in region 3. Here is the ranking:
R3
http://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/football/1/section/tx/region+iii.htm
R4
http://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/football/1/section/tx/region+iv.htm

hookandladder
11-30-2014, 06:26 PM
No coaching staff in 4a can compare to the adjustments that WOS makes at halftime.

Easy to make adjustments at half against weak teams, La Grange is not one of your weak teams. If you cannot contain our running game in the first half , your adjustment at half will not help. Looking forward to a great game.

BB BULLS
11-30-2014, 06:28 PM

all i will say is you have lost your mine. have you been involved with all the adjustment that other teams have made? i will say no! there for you are stupid for even making that comment, come dude get real.

PappaFeelGood
11-30-2014, 06:34 PM

Now you're wanting to spot us 19 pts and you still win. Tell the truth you and WOS 1 been down in the swamp again hitting the crack pipe. Man y'all need to lay off that stuff it's making y'all null and void.

Pudlugger
11-30-2014, 07:36 PM

Gee I wish our coach could make adjustments at halftime. Just think how great that would be. /s:doh:

AggiesAreWe
11-30-2014, 07:38 PM
Using Maxpreps for rankings or stats is your first mistake. Very inaccurate and only rank based on record.

AggiesAreWe
11-30-2014, 07:39 PM

BB Bulls, what username were you trying to register under at SETX? I can approve you over there if you still want to register.

Leopardfan201
11-30-2014, 07:43 PM
Well I'm leopardfan201 approve me

Pudlugger
11-30-2014, 07:47 PM
Using Maxpreps for rankings or stats is your first mistake. Very inaccurate and only rank based on record.

Actually MaxPreps uses much more than team records in their rankings. They take into consideration relative team strength, scores, number of games played, etc.

Here is the explanation from their webpage:

http://www.maxpreps.com/utility/about_rankings.aspx

griff
11-30-2014, 08:06 PM

It's hard to tell if you want to have an intelligent conversation about the LG/WO-S game or just insult setx fans as coon ass wannabes. Which is it? Your attempted insults and false "superiority" accusations are juvenile. WOS1 and I have not projected ourselves that way.

As for your question...only two teams we've played have a back comparable to Hutchison...the two from Newton and the QB/TB Kendall King from Hamshire Fannet. Not quite as good, but comparable. I will say this. Dobbins is NOT the best tailback we've seen this year. However, he IS the best tailback/safety/kick returner combo we've seen. :cool:

hookandladder
11-30-2014, 08:33 PM
It's hard to tell if you want to have an intelligent conversation about the LG/WO-S game or just insult setx fans as coon ass wannabes. Which is it? Your attempted insults and false "superiority" accusations are juvenile. WOS1 and I have not projected ourselves that way.

As for your question...only two teams we've played have a back comparable to Hutchison...the two from Newton and the QB/TB Kendall King from Hamshire Fannet. Not quite as good, but comparable. I will say this. Dobbins is NOT the best tailback we've seen this year. However, he IS the best tailback/safety/kick returner combo we've seen. :cool:

Dobbins does not play TB , he plays QB and lines up some at WR. Please tell me the name of player or players that you have faced are better runners then Dobbins, I would love to see film on them.

griff
11-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Dobbins does not play TB , he plays QB and lines up some at WR. Please tell me the name of player or players that you have faced are better runners then Dobbins, I would love to see film on them.

You missed the sarcasm. I said Dobbins is not the best RB, but the best RB/safety/kick returner (and you can add QB & WR) that we have seen, meaning he is more than the best RB...he's the best "do it all" guy we've faced. It was a compliment. Even though he is technically lined up at QB, he is more of a wildcat formation runner/pistol QB.

Leopardfan201
11-30-2014, 08:54 PM
I say the winner of this game will be in jerry world playing Gilmer for the SC

lostaussie
11-30-2014, 09:00 PM
I just read this whole thread and my head is spinning.....its a lot of yada yada.......but in the end, a damn fine team is gonna be at the house next week. Good luck to you both!!

AggiesAreWe
11-30-2014, 09:06 PM
Well I'm leopardfan201 approve me

You are approved

Dawgs
11-30-2014, 09:30 PM
Haven't seen either play this year, but we played both in the playoffs last year. I know both had a lot coming back. This should be a great game. Toss up IMO. I'm pulling for La Grange.

WOS1
11-30-2014, 09:31 PM

This is awesome... Lets divide the game up and only count the scoring spurts in our favor... Homerism at it's finest... I saw the game, HJ was up 14 to nothing because they kept LG from getting first downs and shoved it down their throat on offense on two nice drives. Nothing more, nothing less. The game is 4 qtrs long, the score at the end of those qtrs was LG 36, HJ 28. That is a close game no matter how you want to dissect, make up excuses or whatever.

WOS1
11-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Now you're wanting to spot us 19 pts and you still win. Tell the truth you and WOS 1 been down in the swamp again hitting the crack pipe. Man y'all need to lay off that stuff it's making y'all null and void.

Pappa, if we do the unthinkable and are able to slow down Dobbins you just make sure you show back up here on Saturday. I promise, I will do the same... Don't you dare disappear... ;)

WOS1
11-30-2014, 09:55 PM

Kendrick King HF is comparable. I would not say better. He does not have as good a supporting cast with him.

WOS1
11-30-2014, 09:59 PM
nm...

PappaFeelGood
11-30-2014, 10:10 PM
Pappa, if we do the unthinkable and are able to slow down Dobbins you just make sure you show back up here on Saturday. I promise, I will do the same... Don't you dare disappear... ;)

I'll promise to eat a big ol helpin of crow should WOS "contain" Dobbins for 48mins. I'll expect the same from you should the LEPS win. I've stated repeatedly this will be a great game and a probable trip to Jerry World is on the line.(no disrespect to R4) and not looking past this game at all. I just hope the stangs don't focus so much on 22 cause 5 can run the ball also. This will be a long week for us all let's enjoy the ride.

PappaFeelGood
11-30-2014, 10:17 PM
How many yds did Hickey from Giddings gain on y'all . Just curious because he is a good RB.

YTBulldogs
11-30-2014, 11:15 PM
a probable trip to Jerry World is on the line.(no disrespect to R4) and not looking past this game at all.
None taken and hasn't all year pappa.;) Ya'll two just get after it, and go about 10 overtimes in this bad boy and knock to crap out of one another.:1popcorn:

Pudlugger
11-30-2014, 11:21 PM
haha I see what you did there YT!

YTBulldogs
11-30-2014, 11:50 PM
haha I see what you did there YT!

I didn't do nothing Pud. Just responding to pappa. Do agree, this is a epic matchup, and I think it will be very intense the entire way.

BB BULLS
12-01-2014, 07:51 AM

come on Griff cant you take a little ribbing? just giving you guys a little bit of a hard time. if you took it as an insult oh well my bad. this is just a game played by young men who have worked hard all year long to get here. there nothing said on this board or any other board that will affect the out come of the game. i am rooting for LG because we are out of it and they are in my area. from what i know which is not much, IMO LG wins by 2 to 3 scores. but i have been wrong plenty times before. this i do know WOS will not contain Dobbins he is gonna get his.

i do agree that whoever wins this will be playing in JJ Kingdom

griff
12-01-2014, 07:53 AM
How many yds did Hickey from Giddings gain on y'all . Just curious because he is a good RB.

Not sure, but Giddings as a team only had 137 total yards for the game.

Pudlugger
12-01-2014, 07:53 AM
I thought it was funny YT :). It has been the case in the past that teams get worn out coming out of Region 3 and this year may be no different. LG just finished a bruising game with a very physical HJ and now faces the Mustangs. Playing Cuero like the Bulldogs did is no cakewalk either. Good luck with Sinton I'll be pulling for the Bulldogs.

PappaFeelGood
12-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Not sure, but Giddings as a team only had 137 total yards for the game.

Orange Herald reports Hickey having a 136yds on 20 carries with a 78 yd kick off return. Obvious that the cream rose to the top as WOS had 20 unanswered points in 4th quarter, which includes a interception as the Buffs were driving.

Pudlugger
12-01-2014, 08:40 AM
I still bet WOS will not kick it deep Friday. They're sceered of Hutchison going the distance.;)

griff
12-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Orange Herald reports Hickey having a 136yds on 20 carries with a 78 yd kick off return. Obvious that the cream rose to the top as WOS had 20 unanswered points in 4th quarter, which includes a interception as the Buffs were driving.

That doesn't sound right. The Orange Leader shows 137 yard team total. Their first TD was after a kickoff return to the 12 yard line. Not far to go to the goal line. I suppose the RB could have been credited with all of team yardage for the whole game because I know their QB couldn't get anything running or passing. Giddings had only one sustained drive for the entire night.

griff
12-01-2014, 09:15 AM
I still bet WOS will not kick it deep Friday. They're sceered of Hutchison going the distance.;)

We're hoping you kick it deep to us, too. I know you homers love talking about the Dobbins Diamond, and he deserves all these accolades, but we have excellent deep threats on returns, as well. I was impressed with the LaGrange kicker. The best we've seen all year. In the HJ game he put every kickoff into the end zone except for one. His PATs were high and deep. That kid is college grade kicker material. Will he be playing on Saturdays next year? If so, which school?

Pudlugger
12-01-2014, 09:22 AM
60% chance of rain according to Accuweather.com Friday night in Conroe. That may be a problem for WOS's passing game with a sophomore Qb. Slippery ball means turnovers. Leps will need to protect the football. Rain definitely favors the Leopard offense though.

griff
12-01-2014, 09:28 AM
60% chance of rain according to Accuweather.com Friday night in Conroe. That may be a problem for WOS's passing game with a sophomore Qb. Slippery ball means turnovers. Leps will need to protect the football. Rain definitely favors the Leopard offense though.

Of course...everything favors LaGrange looking through Leopard spotted lenses. :cool:

Check again. The Houston TV stations are all saying 20-30% chance of rain. Remember, the game is in Conroe, not LaGrange.

Pudlugger
12-01-2014, 09:30 AM
We're hoping you kick it deep to us, too. I know you homers love talking about the Dobbins Diamond, and he deserves all these accolades, but we have excellent deep threats on returns, as well. I was impressed with the LaGrange kicker. The best we've seen all year. In the HJ game he put every kickoff into the end zone except for one. His PATs were high and deep. That kid is college grade kicker material. Will he be playing on Saturdays next year? If so, which school?
I haven't heard of any recruiting action on #10 Rigden. He is an outstanding athlete as CB on defense and WR on offense. LG's special team play has been very effective this year. Rigden is one of several outstanding players who form the backbone of this team yet remain in the background just doing their jobs and doing it well. #30 Worsham our middle linebacker and Outside LB # 9 Mueller are two others.

Pudlugger
12-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Of course...everything favors LaGrange looking through Leopard spotted lenses. :cool:

Check again. The Houston TV stations are all saying 20-30% chance of rain. Remember, the game is in Conroe, not LaGrange.

WTH you don't think I know where the game will be played? You WOS posters play loose and fast with the assumptions. Here see for yourself: 60% chance of rain Friday night in Conroe.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/conroe-tx/77301/daily-weather-forecast/335910?day=5

griff
12-01-2014, 09:45 AM
WTH you don't think I know where the game will be played? You WOS posters play loose and fast with the assumptions. Here see for yourself: 60% chance of rain Friday night in Conroe.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/conroe-tx/77301/daily-weather-forecast/335910?day=5

Can't take a little ribbing? C'mon, man. I checked with Houston TV stations KHOU, KTRK, and KPRC. They all say 20-30%. I hope they're right and not accuweather.

Pudlugger
12-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Can't take a little ribbing? C'mon, man. I checked with Houston TV stations KHOU, KTRK, and KPRC. They all say 20-30%. I hope they're right and not accuweather.

OK that's cool. The weathermen are not known for their accuracy so who knows. Remember last year when it was an icey windy night? I about frooze in Bastrop and yall did as well. I think it will probably rain a little though especially if they say 20% as it often rains when they say that LOL.

BB BULLS
12-01-2014, 10:07 AM

wanted to post this again just in case you missed it.

Originally Posted by griff

As for your question...only two teams we've played have a back comparable to Hutchison...the two from Newton and the QB/TB Kendall King from Hamshire Fannet. Not quite as good, but comparable. I will say this. Dobbins is NOT the best tailback we've seen this year. However, he IS the best tailback/safety/kick returner combo we've seen.
come on Griff cant you take a little ribbing? just giving you guys a little bit of a hard time. if you took it as an insult oh well my bad. this is just a game played by young men who have worked hard all year long to get here. there nothing said on this board or any other board that will affect the out come of the game. i am rooting for LG because we are out of it and they are in my area. from what i know which is not much, IMO LG wins by 2 to 3 scores. but i have been wrong plenty times before. this i do know WOS will not contain Dobbins he is gonna get his.

griff
12-01-2014, 10:29 AM
wanted to post this again just in case you missed it.

Originally Posted by griff

As for your question...only two teams we've played have a back comparable to Hutchison...the two from Newton and the QB/TB Kendall King from Hamshire Fannet. Not quite as good, but comparable. I will say this. Dobbins is NOT the best tailback we've seen this year. However, he IS the best tailback/safety/kick returner combo we've seen.

Sometimes interpreting someone's posts can be hit or miss, especially when you don't know them or their intent. A message board has that effect.

YTBulldogs
12-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Playing Cuero like the Bulldogs did is no cakewalk either. Good luck with Sinton I'll be pulling for the Bulldogs.

You got that right Pud. Many ice bath's followed I'm sure. Good luck to your Lep's as well.

PappaFeelGood
12-01-2014, 12:45 PM
That doesn't sound right. The Orange Leader shows 137 yard team total. Their first TD was after a kickoff return to the 12 yard line. Not far to go to the goal line. I suppose the RB could have been credited with all of team yardage for the whole game because I know their QB couldn't get anything running or passing. Giddings had only one sustained drive for the entire night.

That's is what the stats revealed also. The Buff QB had a tough time. Not many yards and a few picks, one that seem to be a back breaker. IDK I wasn't there just going on the article that I read. It looks like Giddings also had another long kick return 50 ish. The Orange Herald not very clear on that.

PappaFeelGood
12-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Who's the better RB? HJ Moreaux or WOS Teate.

WOS1
12-01-2014, 03:27 PM

Again, I'd bet LG is more likely to NOT kick deep or NOT punt deep, than WOS. LM kicked deep on both and ask them how it worked out for them. ;)

Leopardfan201
12-01-2014, 03:32 PM
I agree both special teams r dangerous. WOS is very fast from wat I seen on film, probably the most speed LG has seen all year. This game will be epic, it's really the WOS defense stopping our 2 headed monster which no one done all year long

WOS1
12-01-2014, 03:40 PM
That's is what the stats revealed also. The Buff QB had a tough time. Not many yards and a few picks, one that seem to be a back breaker. IDK I wasn't there just going on the article that I read. It looks like Giddings also had another long kick return 50 ish. The Orange Herald not very clear on that.

If I remember correctly Hicks had about a buck 20 rushing because I remember thinking he was the whole offense. That rushing total includes one run in the 3rd qtr for 60 yds. He did have a long KO return in the 1st qtr right after we scored that resulted in them tying the game at 7. After we went up 20-7 in the 3rd, number 5 had a good KO return down the mustang 35 and after a personal foul penalty it moved to the 20. That was not a drive, after the return, 2 straight runs by Hicks went nowhere then came the near pick 6 by Thompson. Giddings only had the one sustained drive the entire game which included the 60 yd run by Hicks to start the 2nd half.

WOS1
12-01-2014, 03:42 PM
I agree both special teams r dangerous. WOS is very fast from wat I seen on film, probably the most speed LG has seen all year. This game will be epic, it's really the WOS defense stopping our 2 headed monster which no one done all year long
Agreed, both the LG offense and the WOS defense have monumental tasks ahead of them.

WOS1
12-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Who's the better RB? HJ Moreaux or WOS Teate.

Really hard to say, they are different runners. Moreaux is fast, but he is more of a straight ahead runner. Teate is a burst guy. He will go 0-60 in a couple of steps. More of a slasher type. If he sees a lane, he's through it and in the 2nd level. Teate is a 4.4 guy so if he breaks, he's gone, unless he's running from Dobbins. His backups, one is like a bowling ball. Short and fast and is like a Sproles type of runner. The other is taller and more of a sprinter type. He is more like Moreaux than any of them. Not real flashy, runs north and south, but has a motor. Not sure if he is as fast as Teate but it's close.

Oh and I forgot about Baldwin, he is our back when we run from the "I" and short yardage. He is a BEAST! 6'1" 210 and is all muscle. Very strong runner and is good between the tackles. He plays the Wing in our regular offense. He is also a good receiver out of the slot and wing.

drewlsu
12-01-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm an HJ fan and I say Teate is the better back at this point. Moreaux is a sophomore and didn't get much playing time until about week 5. Even then he wasn't a starter.

PappaFeelGood
12-01-2014, 04:51 PM
If I remember correctly Hicks had about a buck 20 rushing because I remember thinking he was the whole offense. That rushing total includes one run in the 3rd qtr for 60 yds. He did have a long KO return in the 1st qtr right after we scored that resulted in them tying the game at 7. After we went up 20-7 in the 3rd, number 5 had a good KO return down the mustang 35 and after a personal foul penalty it moved to the 20. That was not a drive, after the return, 2 straight runs by Hicks went nowhere then came the near pick 6 by Thompson. Giddings only had the one sustained drive the entire game which included the 60 yd run by Hicks to start the 2nd half.

According to the stats in the Orange Herald Hickey had 136 yds and that was it offensively for our Buffalo neighbors. Its really a moot point I was more curious than anything. Both teams will have to execute and play minimal error football. Turnovers and special teams could be the difference. As to the kicking deep we may not but our kicker can put it in the endzone. Time will tell what Kates has in store for the stangs.

hookandladder
12-01-2014, 05:33 PM

Not sure if our kicker has any interest from colleges at the moment however he definitely has the ability to play at the next level, his path would most likely start at a JUCO if he has the interest to play.

87coog
12-01-2014, 05:42 PM
LM hasn't played no one all year till now. I seen them play Freeport in September LM wasn't that good

no we were not and we know that. this is not the same LM program that use to wreak havoc.

Pudlugger
12-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Again, I'd bet LG is more likely to NOT kick deep or NOT punt deep, than WOS. LM kicked deep on both and ask them how it worked out for them. ;)

LG will kick it into the endzone. Special teams coverage is excellent.

GUNHO
12-02-2014, 09:11 AM

That's about what it boils down to.We know the WO-S defense is capable of slowing down the Leps and the special teams play will be a huge factor.The outcome will not be determined on this board but on the field come Friday.Both these teams bring something to the table and both have a chance to advance.What else could you ask for?

Mr. Football
12-02-2014, 11:24 AM
I want to see a La Grange vs. Yoakum game in the semis

Pudlugger
12-02-2014, 12:33 PM
I want to see a La Grange vs. Yoakum game in the semis

Getting through WOS will be a huge test for the Leps. The Leopards have what it takes and are working hard to get there. Coach Kates will have them ready to roll Friday.

pirate4state
12-02-2014, 01:50 PM
i think it's funny that you guys are thumping your chest over speed... We wrote the book on it... You may have the fastest individual on the field. You will not have the fastest team... You are about to find out what real team speed is all about.

We are not afraid of kicking deep, returning punts or whatever you guys want to do. You dont want a track meet. You got 2 guys that can go. We have a whole team...

:D:D:D

go WOS!!!

Pudlugger
12-02-2014, 04:11 PM
I'd like to see some screen passes Friday. Leps have not run that play much all year. WOS defence likes to pin back their ears and rush the passer blitzing so it would burn them imo.

...but according the folks on SETX Leps can't pass. Oh well :( /s

WOS1
12-02-2014, 04:52 PM
:D:D:D

go WOS!!!

:)

Hello Rita, my friend! Been a long time! Looks like there is a chance we could see each other soon?

WOS1
12-02-2014, 04:53 PM
I'd like to see some screen passes Friday. Leps have not run that play much all year. WOS defence likes to pin back their ears and rush the passer blitzing so it would burn them imo.

...but according the folks on SETX Leps can't pass. Oh well :( /s

Nah, WOS rarely blitzes, thats just our D-Line getting after it.

And in 3 more days the Leps get to prove on the field how effective they can pass the ball. To be honest, I hope we are seeing a bunch of passes from the Leps. That would mean 22 wasn't having his way with us.

hookandladder
12-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Nah, WOS rarely blitzes, thats just our D-Line getting after it.

And in 3 more days the Leps get to prove on the field how effective they can pass the ball. To be honest, I hope we are seeing a bunch of passes from the Leps. That would mean 22 wasn't having his way with us.

I am sure that is WOS game plan, time will tell if they can do it.

WOS1
12-02-2014, 05:59 PM
I am sure that is WOS game plan, time will tell if they can do it.

If you were the WOS coach, wouldn't that be your game plan?

Pudlugger
12-02-2014, 07:36 PM

Putting too much coverage on one man opens up vulnerabilities in the defenses. Coach Kates and his assistants will be expecting just that and will have a plan. This is going to be one exciting game for all. Basically the predictions on various sites are all within 1-2 points either way. Someone put up this link earlier on the Sinton-Yoakum thread. Here it is for the LG-WOS game:

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=La+Grange&site=%40&team2=West+Orange-Stark

WOS1
12-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Putting too much coverage on one man opens up vulnerabilities in the defenses. Coach Kates and his assistants will be expecting just that and will have a plan. This is going to be one exciting game for all. Basically the predictions on various sites are all within 1-2 points either way. Someone put up this link earlier on the Sinton-Yoakum thread. Here it is for the LG-WOS game:

http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=La+Grange&site=%40&team2=West+Orange-Stark

The first thing you have to do when planning a defensive strategy is to try and take away what they do best. That's no secret. Usually, to do that you have to make yourself vulnerable somewhere. The hope is that you are athletic enough to be able to limit them where you're vulnerable. This is the "game within the game". I would imagine that the game plan would be to commit as much personell to stopping Dobbins and the run game of LG and to play man to man on the LG receivers. So, the question is, are your recvrs quick enough to get open man to man? This is where the team speed comes into play. We know about #22 and #5. Is the rest of your team fast enough to get open, create space from our defensive backs?

speedbump
12-02-2014, 08:13 PM

All of those predictions will have to do for now Pud. The most important one (mine) is locked away in a secret vault that will self destruct Thurs. at midnight. Be patient, it's coming soon.

Pudlugger
12-02-2014, 08:28 PM
All of those predictions will have to do for now Pud. The most important one (mine) is locked away in a secret vault that will self destruct Thurs. at midnight. Be patient, it's coming soon.

:spitlol:

Roughneck93
12-02-2014, 11:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPsT0VyeLl4&sns=em

Roughneck93
12-02-2014, 11:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIZo1AS-7Y4&sns=em

Celina8
12-03-2014, 05:53 AM
Looking at both these teams with the above video provided to me this game is a toss up. It will come down to which teams defense steps up and makes the key stops as I can easily see this game being high scoring . My score prediction is 38 to 36 and I am going with WOS just because I flipped a quarter and it landed on tails. If it would have landed on heads the La Grange...I really have no clue which team to choose on this game, but it will be a good one.

Pudlugger
12-03-2014, 06:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIZo1AS-7Y4&sns=em

Too bad they didn't film the second half where we outscored HJ 22-7. HJ was a very big physical football team with some excellent athletes and much better overall as a team than LaMarque. They came out fast and hot and caught the Leps flat footed and went up 21-14. In that film you would have seen our O line knocking guys including big #7 down and paving the way for Hutch and Dobbins and our D line blowing up the HJ backs up the backfield. Fortunately the coaches made some key adjustments at the half and the rest is history. If we do that Friday we will be in trouble. The last time we came out flat and got behind early in the game was against Columbus in week 2. We came back in the second half to win 29-6. But the thing is the next week we played one of the best games of the season against La Vernia winning 34-22. If we rebound like that again this week look out WOS. I feel like the Leps got the butterflies out in the HJ game and proved they can rise up to the level of competition and come back for the win. Now they need to start fast and jump out early to take control of this big game Friday. I agree with most that this will be a close one possession type game Go Leps 35-28.

hookandladder
12-03-2014, 08:56 AM

No doubt, you have to try and take away what the other team does best or it's best player in this case. I am interested if LG will try different ways to get the ball in Dobbins hands other then at QB, hard to go away from what has been working all year. Will the Sophomore continue to play with confidence and not get rattled in the big game, I am guessing he will step it up a notch this week. Look for a lot of 22 with the ball, which will be no surprise to anyone. Looking forward to a great game, first playoff game of the year for me. Leps by a TD.

Pudlugger
12-03-2014, 09:52 AM
No doubt, you have to try and take away what the other team does best or it's best player in this case. I am interested if LG will try different ways to get the ball in Dobbins hands other then at QB, hard to go away from what has been working all year. Will the Sophomore continue to play with confidence and not get rattled in the big game, I am guessing he will step it up a notch this week. Look for a lot of 22 with the ball, which will be no surprise to anyone. Looking forward to a great game, first playoff game of the year for me. Leps by a TD.

Hook I have a good feeling about this game. The Leps had a scare last week from their slow start. This matchup is better for the Leps style of defense and this team knows it can come from behind and win. Much more confidence going into this game than last week. Kates will have them ready and biting at the bit Friday night.

PappaFeelGood
12-03-2014, 11:37 AM

Hook it will be real interesting to see what the Leps do game plan wise on Friday night. They have always followed a not so good game with a very well executed game. I expect no different this week. Hutchinson as well followed a not so good game with a great game. WOS started of slow against LM last week scoring only 7pts in the first half. The Giddings game also a slow start for WOS. Early 3rd Q Buffs tied it at 14. If they start slow this week it will be a long night for the stangs, as we know the leps can strike quick and often and lep defense will not lay down. It'll be good to see you at the game this week.

WOS1
12-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Hook I have a good feeling about this game. The Leps had a scare last week from their slow start. This matchup is better for the Leps style of defense and this team knows it can come from behind and win. Much more confidence going into this game than last week. Kates will have them ready and biting at the bit Friday night.

Better for the Leps style of defense??? You know we have a better offense and run the same offense as Giddings, the team you gave up 39 points to and more speed all over the field.

WOS1
12-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Too bad they didn't film the second half where we outscored HJ 22-7. HJ was a very big physical football team with some excellent athletes and much better overall as a team than LaMarque. They came out fast and hot and caught the Leps flat footed and went up 21-14. In that film you would have seen our O line knocking guys including big #7 down and paving the way for Hutch and Dobbins and our D line blowing up the HJ backs up the backfield. Fortunately the coaches made some key adjustments at the half and the rest is history. If we do that Friday we will be in trouble. The last time we came out flat and got behind early in the game was against Columbus in week 2. We came back in the second half to win 29-6. But the thing is the next week we played one of the best games of the season against La Vernia winning 34-22. If we rebound like that again this week look out WOS. I feel like the Leps got the butterflies out in the HJ game and proved they can rise up to the level of competition and come back for the win. Now they need to start fast and jump out early to take control of this big game Friday. I agree with most that this will be a close one possession type game Go Leps 35-28.

How do you know that HJ is a better overall team than LM????? Because that is who the Leps played????? lololol. Your homerism has no limit, does it, Pud? I think we WOS folks would be a better judge of which team is better since WE"VE PLAYED BOTH. Of course, we were up on HJ 42-14 when it mattered and beat LM 34-0. I think a game between the two would be tight. Yes we shut LM out but we are playing our best football right now.

Pudlugger
12-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Better for the Leps style of defense??? You know we have a better offense and run the same offense as Giddings, the team you gave up 39 points to and more speed all over the field.

Keep hanging your hat of the Giddings game. We wont have our 2 and 3's in the game in the middle of the third quarter like we did against Giddings. This game will be a whole new ballgame.

WOS1
12-03-2014, 04:44 PM

I find it hard to believe the Leps would have MORE confidence than they did against a team we beat the brakes off of...lol

WOS1
12-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Keep hanging your hat of the Giddings game. We wont have our 2 and 3's in the game in the middle of the third quarter like we did against Giddings. This game will be a whole new ballgame.

You can blow that smoke up someone elses rear... I saw the Giddings game, I know what happened and so do you.

Pudlugger
12-03-2014, 04:45 PM
How do you know that HJ is a better overall team than LM????? Because that is who the Leps played????? lololol. Your homerism has no limit, does it, Pud? I think we WOS folks would be a better judge of which team is better since WE"VE PLAYED BOTH. Of course, we were up on HJ 42-14 when it mattered and beat LM 34-0. I think a game between the two would be tight. Yes we shut LM out but we are playing our best football right now.

Yada yada yada more mustang effluent flowing freely here.:hand:

Pudlugger
12-03-2014, 04:49 PM

When are you WOS posters going to start bragging on your big win over Scarborough? LG>>LM even posters from LaMarque admit that and when you look at all the data HJ>>LM. Because you say so doesn't make it so. Check all the power ratings and rankings if you don't believe it.

Snotbubbles
12-03-2014, 04:53 PM
When are you WOS posters going to start bragging on your big win over Scarborough?

EZ Pud, Scartissue was a playoff team. They counting them as playoff teams they played this year?:spitlol: I have not been keeping up on this tit for tat. Sounds like a Gilmer thread. LGFan201 would fit in fine with them Buckeyes.

pirate4state
12-03-2014, 05:04 PM
I sure hope so! Wouldn't that be fun?! :D

Good luck and let's hope both our teams take care of business :wave:

:)

Hello Rita, my friend! Been a long time! Looks like there is a chance we could see each other soon?

WOS1
12-03-2014, 05:07 PM
When are you WOS posters going to start bragging on your big win over Scarborough? LG>>LM even posters from LaMarque admit that and when you look at all the data HJ>>LM. Because you say so doesn't make it so. Check all the power ratings and rankings if you don't believe it.

Where did Scarborough come from, Pud? LOL. You're bragging on your win over a "big, physical HJ team"...lol Like we haven't played them and then down playing our win... I realize that the LM team we beat was not as good as LM state championship teams of the past... I never said they were, but they weren't bad. You keep hanging your hat on that HJ win, buddy. ;)

WOS1
12-03-2014, 05:08 PM
I sure hope so! Wouldn't that be fun?! :D

Good luck and let's hope both our teams take care of business :wave:

No doubt.

Pudlugger
12-03-2014, 05:09 PM
EZ Pud, Scartissue was a playoff team. They counting them as playoff teams they played this year?:spitlol: I have not been keeping up on this tit for tat. Sounds like a Gilmer thread. LGFan201 would fit in fine with them Buckeyes.

Thanks for joining in Snot you're always a lot of fun. It's getting to be crunch time and things heat up a bit. WOS posters say they are too fast and too physical for LG and are going to stop our running game in the backfield. They say we can't pass and are a "one trick pony". They say we haven't faced a team as physical as the Mustangs. They say LH Yoakum and LV are just R4 and don't really amount to much. I tried to tell them but they wont listen :). Apparently if you're not from SE Texas you're not worth a cup of warm spit. Wait till Friday win or lose they will know they played a very good football team.

WOS1
12-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Thanks for joining in Snot you're always a lot of fun. It's getting to be crunch time and things heat up a bit. WOS posters say they are too fast and too physical for LG and are going to stop our running game in the backfield. They say we can't pass and are a "one trick pony". They say we haven't faced a team as physical as the Mustangs. They say LH Yoakum and LV are just R4 and don't really amount to much. I tried to tell them but they wont listen :). Apparently if you're not from SE Texas you're not worth a cup of warm spit. Wait till Friday win or lose they will know they played a very good football team.

Poor pitiful Pud... WOS people know we are in for a war... Stop trying to be a victim. ;)

Pudlugger
12-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Poor pitiful Pud... WOS people know we are in for a war... Stop trying to be a victim. ;)

Not a victim just pointing out what has been said about our team. Don't say it if you wont own it.

OldBison75
12-03-2014, 05:36 PM
I don't have a horse in this race, but I can assure both sides that these are two very good football teams. If LaGrange can establish a running game that puts them in third and short a lot that will be a big advantage and will likely get them a win. However, if they have too many third and five or better, look out. WOS will pin back their ears and send everybody on defense and force the Leopards to make a pass play on the scramble. WOS has an above average secondary that can and will play a lot of one on one coverage successfully. The WOS defense is also very skilled and using multiple blitz packages that disrupt a running game and can also put quick pressure on the QB to make a big play.

I think this will be more of a defensive battle than the people of LaGrange believe. I do think the Leopards can win this game, but they better be ready to win a 24-20 type game and not count on putting up big points. If the Leopards make any mistakes like turnovers or untimely penalties, this could go to the Mustangs. I would say the winner wins by no more than 4 points.

WOS1
12-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Not a victim just pointing out what has been said about our team. Don't say it if you wont own it.

Hey, I'll own anything I say and I didn't say any of that stuff other than that you guys have played R4 teams and it wasn't because R4 teams aren't good, it's because R4 teams don't typically have the speed we do. I'll own that all day and will stand by it. If you arent trying to be poor pitiful Pud, you'll admit it's true.

Snotbubbles
12-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Well, stop playing their game. You said your piece. Your falling into their trap. We will know in just a few days now. Gilmer converted LGfan201, don't let WOS do the same to you. Ya'll hashed everything here, except which cheerleaders are prettier. Guess that's next, now. Good luck, enjoy the ride and the best team wins at this point in playoff's IMO. Regardless what we post.

Pudlugger
12-03-2014, 06:03 PM
I don't have a horse in this race, but I can assure both sides that these are two very good football teams. If LaGrange can establish a running game that puts them in third and short a lot that will be a big advantage and will likely get them a win. However, if they have too many third and five or better, look out. WOS will pin back their ears and send everybody on defense and force the Leopards to make a pass play on the scramble. WOS has an above average secondary that can and will play a lot of one on one coverage successfully. The WOS defense is also very skilled and using multiple blitz packages that disrupt a running game and can also put quick pressure on the QB to make a big play.

I think this will be more of a defensive battle than the people of LaGrange believe. I do think the Leopards can win this game, but they better be ready to win a 24-20 type game and not count on putting up big points. If the Leopards make any mistakes like turnovers or untimely penalties, this could go to the Mustangs. I would say the winner wins by no more than 4 points.

I agree it will be a one possesion ballgame. Defense more than ever is paramount. The Leps can't count on the offense to bail them out with the level of play by WOS.

WOS1
12-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Well, stop playing their game. You said your piece. Your falling into their trap. We will know in just a few days now. Gilmer converted LGfan201, don't let WOS do the same to you. Ya'll hashed everything here, except which cheerleaders are prettier. Guess that's next, now. Good luck, enjoy the ride and the best team wins at this point in playoff's IMO. Regardless what we post.

Snot, we aren't trying to lure Pud into anything. We just love our team as much as he does. The truth is that we have a ton of respect for LG and expect this to be a war between two talented teams. You can go back and look at all of my posts. I have not made any predictions because you just never know. I believe WOS has the ability to win this game just like Pud believes LG does. And I think we both can agree, that, we would not be surprised if our team came up short.

hookandladder
12-03-2014, 08:42 PM
This is the point in the playoffs where speed does normally play a huge factor in the outcome, if LG can overcome the overall team speed of WOS we have a shot at winning this game and making it to Jerry World. LG has speed at some skilled positions however I am sure WOS has more, sometimes the more discipline team can overcome the speed factor. We will soon find out, Good luck to both teams.

Pudlugger
12-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Well I'll get things started today for the Leps. Looks like WOS edged ahead in our poll 26-25. Folks recognize how close this game will be. Hook points out how fast the Stangs are and that we are only half fast ha ha. Anyway, I expect LG will come out fired up and ready to play this Friday unlike last week. The WOS faithful are very confident they will shut us down mostly based on that HJ game. LG has not always been consistent in putting teams away allowing them to rebound and score(Caldwell and Giddings) but they have always found their way in the second half to pull away for a comfortable victory. HJ was the first team to lead at half time all year. LG must have gotten an earful at the half because they were on fire in the second half. WOS is the kind of team you don't want to get behind on due to their solid defense and prolific offense. I am like most LG fans wondering what adjustments if any the Leps will make in this game. We have a very astute brain trust in our coaching staff evident over the past several seasons which is reassuring. It is a real honor to be where we are this season with the opportunity to beat a truly excellent opponent like WOS. The Leps have played up to the level of the opposition all season against some quality opponents and must do so again to get to the semi-final. Go Leps! LG by 7

hookandladder
12-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Pud I think you reading a little more into my post then what I said , I am just saying I think WOS has overall more team speed however that does not always decide the outcome. Leps were not able to handle Carthage overall team speed last year, with WOS having two D 1 WR it will be a must to contain them to win this game. I think this game could come down to who is most conditioned to control the LOS in the 4th quarter, looking for a great game. Leps by a TD.

griff
12-04-2014, 10:02 AM

WO-S rarely blitzes. It's never been our scheme. Our front five just get after people. The secondary, yeah we use a lot of one-on-one coverage, but above average? OK...whatever you say.

I hope LG tries to pass more than they did against HJ. :cool:

griff
12-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Well I'll get things started today for the Leps. Looks like WOS edged ahead in our poll 26-25. Folks recognize how close this game will be. Hook points out how fast the Stangs are and that we are only half fast ha ha. Anyway, I expect LG will come out fired up and ready to play this Friday unlike last week. The WOS faithful are very confident they will shut us down mostly based on that HJ game. LG has not always been consistent in putting teams away allowing them to rebound and score(Caldwell and Giddings) but they have always found their way in the second half to pull away for a comfortable victory. HJ was the first team to lead at half time all year. LG must have gotten an earful at the half because they were on fire in the second half. WOS is the kind of team you don't want to get behind on due to their solid defense and prolific offense. I am like most LG fans wondering what adjustments if any the Leps will make in this game. We have a very astute brain trust in our coaching staff evident over the past several seasons which is reassuring. It is a real honor to be where we are this season with the opportunity to beat a truly excellent opponent like WOS. The Leps have played up to the level of the opposition all season against some quality opponents and must do so again to get to the semi-final. Go Leps! LG by 7

"...shut us down..."??? That's not the consensus among WO-S faithful. We do, however, think you'll face the toughest resistance from an opposing defense.

cowboyandchrist
12-04-2014, 10:15 AM

I totally agree with you, last year WOS held my Dawgs powerful offense with a very fast hard hitting defense. I too believe LG can win if they can run and pass the ball. Carthage beat them by doing both. WOS may have the best defense in 4A, but LG from what I have read have a very good O line. God Bless both.

scrub c
12-04-2014, 12:13 PM
WOS will win

Pudlugger
12-04-2014, 12:27 PM
LG is looking like the underdog by the results of the Downlow poll. I hope we can rise up and make a statement tomorrow night. Leps by 7.

buff4ever
12-04-2014, 01:58 PM
I think that this game will likely be very low scoring for these two teams' average scoring. I am thinking 21 to 17 or possibly 17 - 14. I also feel that WOS will edge. Not that I am pulling against LG, but I think that from playing both teams, that WOS has the better defense and that in a low scoring game, that will be the difference.

GUNHO
12-04-2014, 02:05 PM
LG is looking like the underdog by the results of the Downlow poll. I hope we can rise up and make a statement tomorrow night. Leps by 7.

Heck I think we are both underdogs Pud.That's how close I think it is.

WOS1
12-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Man, one more day!! I can't wait!!

It was good seeing a Giddings fan weigh in on this one. Buff4ever, will you be making this game?

WOS1
12-04-2014, 02:18 PM
One more thing, Are we going to have a meet up for this game?

Leopardfan201
12-04-2014, 02:39 PM
One more day till GameDay. It will be a war, looks like the rain going to hold off until after the game

GUNHO
12-04-2014, 02:49 PM
I think that this game will likely be very low scoring for these two teams' average scoring. I am thinking 21 to 17 or possibly 17 - 14. I also feel that WOS will edge. Not that I am pulling against LG, but I think that from playing both teams, that WOS has the better defense and that in a low scoring game, that will be the difference.

Well we have had 21 put on us and I think LG is capable of doing that.To be safe I would think WO-S would have to put up at least 28.You never know how the game is going to go with all the bad stuff that could happen to you.Turnovers at the wrong time and dumb personal fouls that extend drives and things like that.I think I heard the other day WO-S has had a total of 16 turnoves in their last 3 quarterfinal games.Don't care how good your defense is you don't win doing that.As for as LG is concerned,I would not be surprised if they win they have a good team.

Leopardfan201
12-04-2014, 02:57 PM
WOS has a good team also. Who ever plays better tommorrow will win, we r both winners in my book for getting this far. Good luck too both teams

Pudlugger
12-04-2014, 03:49 PM
"...shut us down..."??? That's not the consensus among WO-S faithful. We do, however, think you'll face the toughest resistance from an opposing defense.

Fair enough no argument there griff.

WOS1
12-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Well we have had 21 put on us and I think LG is capable of doing that.To be safe I would think WO-S would have to put up at least 28.You never know how the game is going to go with all the bad stuff that could happen to you.Turnovers at the wrong time and dumb personal fouls that extend drives and things like that.I think I heard the other day WO-S has had a total of 16 turnoves in their last 3 quarterfinal games.Don't care how good your defense is you don't win doing that.As for as LG is concerned,I would not be surprised if they win they have a good team.

17 turnovers in 3 regional championship games: 5-against Coldspring, 5- against Navasota and 7 against Carthage and still had a chance to win that one.

PappaFeelGood
12-04-2014, 05:52 PM
One more thing, Are we going to have a meet up for this game?

Who is bringing the crow? Lol

Pudlugger
12-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Who is bringing the crow? Lol

I think crow is on my diet but I would rather have viande de cheval.:D

PappaFeelGood
12-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Don't know what that is Pud. You are to sophisticated. BTW the crows not for LG fans.
LEPS by 7.

Pudlugger
12-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Don't know what that is Pud. You are to sophisticated. BTW the crows not for LG fans.
LEPS by 7.

horse meat (French)

PappaFeelGood
12-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Them SETX boys know French, Cajun Style.

WOS1
12-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Ahhh yes you boys are quite sure of yourselves, aren't you? The side line to side line guys picked you so I guess were in trouble...

pirate4state
12-05-2014, 01:05 AM
Hell those yahoos have Gilmer & LG in the finals :eyeroll:

Leopardfan201
12-05-2014, 06:24 AM
Its gameday Leopards go get them Stangs

PappaFeelGood
12-05-2014, 06:31 AM
Hell those yahoos have Gilmer & LG in the finals :eyeroll:

Roll them eyes pirate. We'd love another game against the Sinton Pirate. Hells Bells I seem to remember a OT win 2009. First things first LEPS by 7.

zebrablue2
12-05-2014, 06:35 AM
Winner of this game will roll to the S/C game no doubt! Love me some Dobbins, show um that speed tonight boy, and GO LEPS...

Pudlugger
12-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Good luck to the Leps today. You have worked all year for this opportunity now make it count. The LG community is mighty proud of this football team. Break some records tonight and go 14-0! Go Leps!

Saggy Aggie
12-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Think I might attend this one....

BB BULLS
12-05-2014, 07:58 AM
lets have a clean injury free game. good luck to both teams but i will take the Leps by two scores

PappaFeelGood
12-05-2014, 08:12 AM
I like the way you think BB.

WOS1
12-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Ahhhh. If games were only won on message boards...

teetle
12-05-2014, 09:49 AM
Y'alls donts believeses puds puller. He knows whats hes bes talking about. Hes wills bes celebratings to nights.:eek::speech::vrycnfsd::2thumbsup

BB BULLS
12-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Y'alls donts believeses puds puller. He knows whats hes bes talking about. Hes wills bes celebratings to nights.:eek::speech::vrycnfsd::2thumbsup

teetle where you been all year?

buff4ever
12-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Good luck to the Leps today. You have worked all year for this opportunity now make it count. The LG community is mighty proud of this football team. Break some records tonight and go 14-0! Go Leps!

However pudlike this is, you have turned it down this year compared to others.

Good luck leps, find a way to put up 20 and I think you win this game. The mustang defense is legit, but 20 is your goal in my opinion.

PappaFeelGood
12-05-2014, 10:21 AM

ITs beez goods tos hearz from Teatle. Wez miss ja. Thanks for da support.

GUNHO
12-05-2014, 10:29 AM
At last,game day.Been having nightmares all week.I kept hearing this voice from someone named Pud something are other yelling Leps by 7 over and over.lol

I think your right Buff.Been saying I think WO-S needs at least 28.Going to be a great game.

teetle
12-05-2014, 11:19 AM
I hases nots alots to crows abouts. Sealy not to goods. Lookings to the future. I bes very happy for Puds.:speech::D:clap::speech:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2014, 12:23 PM
WOS by 8

Pudlugger
12-05-2014, 12:42 PM
WOS by 8

You would rather not have to play LG. I understand.:)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2014, 12:50 PM
You would rather not have to play LG. I understand.:)
lol come on Pud if it happens we both can win tonights game it would give Sinton fans a chance to say payback in baseball region final loss in 2013 and 2009 region final over time loss in football. Yoakum would like a second shot at yall also :)

WOS1
12-05-2014, 01:39 PM
lol come on Pud if it happens we both can win tonights game it would give Sinton fans a chance to say payback in baseball region final loss in 2013 and 2009 region final over time loss in football. Yoakum would like a second shot at yall also :)
You can't say anything about even thinking another team may beat LG or Pud will whine about it. Nor, give reasons why you think your team can beat them or, again, whining.

Pudlugger
12-05-2014, 01:56 PM

Yes there is some interesting history between these schools over the past few years. I really hope we can meet up next week too but we must get by those pesky Mustangs tonight. :)

Leopardfan201
12-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Ether Yoakum or Sinton can't beat LG or WOS, in my opinion too much talent

WOS1
12-05-2014, 02:53 PM
At last,game day.Been having nightmares all week.I kept hearing this voice from someone named Pud something are other yelling Leps by 7 over and over.lol

I think your right Buff.Been saying I think WO-S needs at least 28.Going to be a great game.

If Giddnigs can score 39 i see no reason why we can't.

1st and goal
12-05-2014, 02:57 PM
If Giddnigs can score 39 i see no reason why we can't.

I sure hope that was a typo.

regaleagle
12-05-2014, 03:09 PM
This is the game I just don't have a good "feel" for. LG has been so impressive offensively with that running attack, but WOS can play some ball. What in the Sam Hill is gonna happen in this game tonite, huh??? I don't think EITHER team really knows, lol. Guess what....I don't either. LG is not undefeated by chance....they are really, really good. BUT look out for WOS.....I believe they have a defense and an offense that will give LG all they can handle. Will turnovers be the deciding factor? I don't think so. I think it will be just whichever team plays their best football tonite....both are highly capable. In the end, I'll take WOS to win in a squeaker, but that is only a total "feeling", haha.

1st and goal
12-05-2014, 03:11 PM
This is the game I just don't have a good "feel" for. LG has been so impressive offensively with that running attack, but WOS can play some ball. What in the Sam Hill is gonna happen in this game tonite, huh??? I don't think EITHER team really knows, lol. Guess what....I don't either. LG is not undefeated by chance....they are really, really good. BUT look out for WOS.....I believe they have a defense and an offense that will give LG all they can handle. Will turnovers be the deciding factor? I don't think so. I think it will be just whichever team plays their best football tonite....both are highly capable. In the end, I'll take WOS to win in a squeaker, but that is only a total "feeling", haha.

This game will be won in the trenches.

Leopardfan201
12-05-2014, 03:27 PM
About too hit the road too conroe come on Leps let's do this

WOS1
12-05-2014, 03:43 PM
I sure hope that was a typo.

No, it pretty much says what I wanted to say, why would it be a typo? Giddings DID put 39 on them, didn't they?

WOS1
12-05-2014, 03:47 PM
This game will be won in the trenches.

I agree

1st and goal
12-05-2014, 04:32 PM
No, it pretty much says what I wanted to say, why would it be a typo? Giddings DID put 39 on them, didn't they?

Look closer at how you spelled it.

Saggy Aggie
12-05-2014, 04:35 PM

LOL... I didn't see that until you pointed it out SMH

WOS1
12-05-2014, 05:02 PM

Oh wow!!! LMBO... that was definitely a typo!

My son and I are getting a good laugh on that one... I even reiterated that it said exactly what I wanted to... I'm such a tard!!!

Leopardfan201
12-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Alrighly here let's go Leps

Saggy Aggie
12-05-2014, 06:51 PM
En route....

Traffic sucks coming up the beltway and 45...

Leopardfan201
12-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Gates open at 6

Roughneck93
12-05-2014, 07:04 PM
En route....

Traffic sucks coming up the beltway and 45...

Lol, yeah that traffic on 45 is horrible. I left WC at 2:30 just to beat the traffic.....

Go Leps!

speedbump
12-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Defense wins this one. WOS 28 - LG 20

Saggy Aggie
12-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Even though hook and I have our differences, I'll be pulling for the Leps tonight....

WOS1
12-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Go Leps!

You're killin me man!

Roughneck93
12-05-2014, 07:26 PM
You're killin me man!

Lol, nothing against WO-S, would be rooting for them if it wasn't LG they were playing. I just have so many ties to LG...my brother is a LG alum and he's my ride...:)

WOS1
12-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Ahhh ok I understand

hookandladder
12-05-2014, 08:27 PM
I am here, Let's rumble, Go Leps.

Roughneck93
12-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Game time....

drewlsu
12-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Td wos!

Roughneck93
12-05-2014, 08:44 PM
Uh oh....

drewlsu
12-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Rut-ro Shaggy
14-0

drewlsu
12-05-2014, 09:15 PM
Stangs defense stepping up

hookandladder
12-05-2014, 09:17 PM
Dobbins done, LG in bigger trouble now. To much speed on the field, WOS pretty salty.

Saggy Aggie
12-05-2014, 09:44 PM
I'm gonna be honest here....

The dobbins injury definitely doesn't help but it wouldn't have mattered. When he was in there, LG wasnt any more effective than they have been without him.

WOS just way too much for LG. Getting dominated at the line.

WOS making it look easy and LG having trouble managing a first down. This game is already over.

hookandladder
12-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Have to agree for the most part, only thing I was thinking if Dobbins would have not got hurt maybe we could have worn them down in the second half. They have no back ups , most all playing both ways. After seeing their WR I knew our DB's could not handle them, total mismatch in the first half.

WOS1
12-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Prayers for Dobbins. I hate that for the kid. The kid is a great player.

hookandladder
12-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Prayers for Dobbins. I hate that for the kid. The kid is a great player.

Thanks, knee injury no word how bad.

44INAROW
12-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Had Dobbins committed to a college yet? Sure hope his injury isn't bad....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WOS1
12-05-2014, 10:35 PM
Hutchison is a warrior

Scoop27
12-05-2014, 10:40 PM
What's the score?

WOS1
12-05-2014, 10:47 PM
42-7 wos

WOS1
12-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Victory formation. Good game Leps. Be safe going home.