PDA

View Full Version : Final: A&M 17 LSU 23

PhiI C
11-27-2014, 11:01 PM
Aggies got rooked by the officials by a non call offsides that would have given them a chance at then end.

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2014, 12:23 AM
Didn't deserve to win by any stretch of the imagination, but still a BS no-call and a gay way to lose

caleb_mccaig
11-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Didn't deserve to win by any stretch of the imagination, but still a BS no-call and a gay way to lose

Not saying it wasn't offsides, but that is when having a freshman quarterback will screw you. He should have been aware that a flag was never thrown and not thrown it up for grabs. Never leave a game in the officials hands, because nine times out of ten you are going to get screwed.

Macarthur
11-28-2014, 10:28 AM
Not saying it wasn't offsides, but that is when having a freshman quarterback will screw you. He should have been aware that a flag was never thrown and not thrown it up for grabs. Never leave a game in the officials hands, because nine times out of ten you are going to get screwed.

I disagree. I think he did the right thing. NOw, you can argue that he made a poor throw, and you would be right about that, but everyone in the stadium and watching on TV knew it was offsides. QBs all across the nation would have done the same thing. If fact, I would go so far as to say that he was probably coached to do the same exact thing he did.

caleb_mccaig
11-28-2014, 10:43 AM
I disagree. I think he did the right thing. NOw, you can argue that he made a poor throw, and you would be right about that, but everyone in the stadium and watching on TV knew it was offsides. QBs all across the nation would have done the same thing. If fact, I would go so far as to say that he was probably coached to do the same exact thing he did.

I definitely think that everyone will have their opinion on it, personally, I like when quarterbacks are coached well obviously, but also know when to take things into their own hands. You can't really expect a true freshman to do that, but I don't think you would see Aaron Murray, McCarron or Mettenberger all last year make that mistake. Those flags usually pop out on offsides ASAP after the ball is snapped. I think any quarterback would have time to see it out of the corner of their eye. Even if you aren't sure just throw it out bounds. Throwing it straight up into the air against the best secondary in the SEC is probably not the smartest idea lol.

Regardless, I thought Allen really made strides in the second half. Do any of the A&M faithful want him as the full time starter? Also, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that Kyler Murray, if Allen is the future, is willing to sit three years before starting.

Also, I haven't watched many A&M games this year, but I thought Myles Garrett was supposed to be good? He looked God awful last night and was dominated during the entire contest. I've never heard so much hype about a guy and then seen him fall absolutely flat. I know he broke the record for sacks by a freshman, but after last night I'm attributing that to dumb luck.

Macarthur
11-28-2014, 11:26 AM
I agree that he made a poor throw, but he absolutely made the right decision.

YTBulldogs
11-28-2014, 11:51 AM
Now I gotta kinda root for A&M I guess. Former Yoakum and Blinn WR Keith Ratley commits to the Ag's today. This will be hard.

Hi Saggy:doh: grrrrrrr.:wave:

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Garrett had been a beast pass rushing. Run d not his strong suit, and especially true when being doubled most every play

caleb_mccaig
11-28-2014, 05:11 PM
Garrett had been a beast pass rushing. Run d not his strong suit, and especially true when being doubled most every play

I mean the play where La'el Collins welcomed his ass to the SEC showed me what kind of player Myles Garrett was and that was one on one.

NastySlot
11-28-2014, 10:54 PM
I mean the play where La'el Collins welcomed his ass to the SEC showed me what kind of player Myles Garrett was and that was one on one.

one play showed you what kind of player he is?

I saw some good pics of the game last night- great one with Collins (70) grabbing Myles jersey from behind (from behind? would that mean he had gotten beat) as he hits the LSU on the so called in adverted whistle...the same play a couple of stripes were signaling incomplete pass.

so my looking at those stills I should get idea of what kind of player Collins is as a senior..........nah.

I usually will give credit where credit is due. Kids playing (PLAYING) D1---their all pretty good.

Saggy Aggie
11-29-2014, 08:32 AM

LOL, you mean the one where Collins got flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct? What exactly was impressive about that?

Did you see Garrett beat Collins one on one for the sack and forced fumble?

Say what you want, but he's a true freshman and already one of the best pass rushers in the country...

Rabid Cougar
11-29-2014, 07:47 PM
One questionable no call didn't cost A&M the game. Their Offensive Coordinator sure as hell did though. Piss poor.

caleb_mccaig
12-02-2014, 02:17 PM
one play showed you what kind of player he is?

I saw some good pics of the game last night- great one with Collins (70) grabbing Myles jersey from behind (from behind? would that mean he had gotten beat) as he hits the LSU on the so called in adverted whistle...the same play a couple of stripes were signaling incomplete pass.

so my looking at those stills I should get idea of what kind of player Collins is as a senior..........nah.

I usually will give credit where credit is due. Kids playing (PLAYING) D1---their all pretty good.

La'el Collins is a guaranteed 1st round draft pick while Garrett is stuck on one of the worst defenses in the entire country. Garrett isn't bad by any degree, but when it came to playing against one of the best in the conference he got shut out.

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2014, 04:57 PM
La'el Collins is a guaranteed 1st round draft pick while Garrett is stuck on one of the worst defenses in the entire country. Garrett isn't bad by any degree, but when it came to playing against one of the best in the conference he got shut out.

No he didn't.... He had a sack and a forced fumble. A BS inadvertent whistle removed that, but to say he didn't do it is dumb.

caleb_mccaig
12-02-2014, 05:02 PM
No he didn't.... He had a sack and a forced fumble. A BS inadvertent whistle removed that, but to say he didn't do it is dumb.

I'll give him the sack and the forced fumble, but if you do that then you also have to credit him personally with giving LSU that first down.

Saggy Aggie
12-02-2014, 05:44 PM
I'll give him the sack and the forced fumble, but if you do that then you also have to credit him personally with giving LSU that first down.

That makes 0 sense. He can't control what happens once the ball comes out.... He made a play. Simple as that. Crazy stuff after that happened which lead to a first down. Okay.