PDA

View Full Version : Edna Fire Tragedy

44INAROW
11-26-2014, 11:43 AM
Please, if you're a person of faith, please keep the Edna community in your thoughts and prayers - 5 children died in a house fire Tuesday morning.. all siblings.. mom and dad got out along with a 2 year old son. Oldest son was on the Edna Cowboy football team #50. I can't imagine.. How do you even function to prepare to bury 5 of your children... :(

YTBulldogs
11-26-2014, 11:45 AM
So sad, GOD Speed to that family. I too, can't imagine.

JVDAD
11-26-2014, 11:45 AM
Prayers sent...terrible.

Wonkas_Willy
11-26-2014, 12:52 PM
What a tragedy...WOW, I could not even imagine. How do you bury 5 kids? Just horrible

Matthew328
11-26-2014, 06:31 PM
What a tragedy...WOW, I could not even imagine. How do you bury 5 kids? Just horrible

Just incredibly sad.....the oldest, the boy on the Edna football team went back in to try and save his sisters and died with them in his arms....

Pudlugger
11-26-2014, 07:15 PM
Beyond grief, so very sad. Prayers for the surviving family and community.

Bull Butter
11-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Gonna be tough for anyone without a dog in the fight NOT to root for Edna. God speed, Noah #50

bobcat1
11-26-2014, 07:39 PM
That is terrible. My prayers are said and sent.

Cowboy_Up
11-26-2014, 08:10 PM
I have a hard time describing what it is like in Edna right now. I guess the best I can do is say their is a heavy cloud of sadness over our community.
All five children went to school in Edna, 2 in elementary, 2 in JH, and Noah was a Sophomore in HS. If you have kids in Edna, you knew someone from the family. My kids went to the candlelight vigil last night and when they got home they just lost it. We just hugged 'em and let them cry it out.

After they went to bed I went to get a cold one. I've made friends with some folks from Sri Lanka who bought a local convenience store. They are great guys and while they were not accepted so well at first, they have won people over with their kindness and hard work. One of them works open to close most days. When I walked in he came over and we talked about the day. He was very upset and began to cry. He comes into work very early to start cooking and had been driving in around 5 am and saw the fire. He went over but the house was already fully engulfed. He said he saw Noah come most of the way out, and then go back inside. When he saw him again, he had his little sisters, one under each arm, but as he was trying to get out of the flames the floor gave way, and that was the last they saw of him. The people there tried to get to him but it was impossible. I don't know how you overcome seeing that.

Edna won one of the biggest games in recent Cowboy history last Friday with a 2nd round win over heavily favored Goliad. The town was euphoric about the Cowboys, now very sad, but also very determined to help this family and carry on. There are go fund accounts set up and you can find them on the Vic Advocate and Jackson County Herald-Tribune web sites.

Thanks for all the prayers. Those of us on the outskirts of this tragedy will move on, but I don't know how life is ever the same for the family. All we can do is try to comfort and love them. I appreciate the down low for being a place to get some emotion out. I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to everyone still playing and supporting high school football.

Bosqueville
11-26-2014, 08:37 PM
I have a hard time describing what it is like in Edna right now. I guess the best I can do is say their is a heavy cloud of sadness over our community.
All five children went to school in Edna, 2 in elementary, 2 in JH, and Noah was a Sophomore in HS. If you have kids in Edna, you knew someone from the family. My kids went to the candlelight vigil last night and when they got home they just lost it. We just hugged 'em and let them cry it out.

After they went to bed I went to get a cold one. I've made friends with some folks from Sri Lanka who bought a local convenience store. They are great guys and while they were not accepted so well at first, they have won people over with their kindness and hard work. One of them works open to close most days. When I walked in he came over and we talked about the day. He was very upset and began to cry. He comes into work very early to start cooking and had been driving in around 5 am and saw the fire. He went over but the house was already fully engulfed. He said he saw Noah come most of the way out, and then go back inside. When he saw him again, he had his little sisters, one under each arm, but as he was trying to get out of the flames the floor gave way, and that was the last they saw of him. The people there tried to get to him but it was impossible. I don't know how you overcome seeing that.

Edna won one of the biggest games in recent Cowboy history last Friday with a 2nd round win over heavily favored Goliad. The town was euphoric about the Cowboys, now very sad, but also very determined to help this family and carry on. There are go fund accounts set up and you can find them on the Vic Advocate and Jackson County Herald-Tribune web sites.

Thanks for all the prayers. Those of us on the outskirts of this tragedy will move on, but I don't know how life is ever the same for the family. All we can do is try to comfort and love them. I appreciate the down low for being a place to get some emotion out. I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to everyone still playing and supporting high school football.

I literally had tears in my eyes reading this. It's unimaginable.

44INAROW
11-26-2014, 09:09 PM
Dang Cowboy, I don't know what to say😪. Tragedies like this sure to put things into prospective...
Prayers for strength for the family, friends and teammates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tejastrue
11-26-2014, 09:58 PM
I'm not asking anyone to agree or disagree... or to debate the pros and cons of the existence of a greater being...my only thoughts that I choose to share is that there must have been a spiritual presence at that moment that chose to take these innocent children...all at the same time... for some greater purpose. Yet as a parent, it makes it so difficult to imagine what that purpose would be...just know our thoughts and prayers are with this family, their friends and the entire Edna community.

Scoop27
11-26-2014, 10:34 PM
They had news stories on the fire on at least two Houston TV stations earlier in the week. Will listen to the Cowboys game on Saturday

Tejastrue
11-26-2014, 10:39 PM
Wth???

Matthew328
11-26-2014, 10:44 PM
Aside from cheering for my alma mater Edna and Austin LBJ are two teams I'm rooting for..

zebrablue2
11-27-2014, 11:40 AM
Prayers said and sent for the family and community!!!

PappaFeelGood
11-27-2014, 08:55 PM
Unimaginable, my thoughts and prayers are with the family and the entire Edna community.

Cowboy_Up
11-28-2014, 10:50 AM
http://www.jacksonconews.com/articles/2014/11/26/cowboy-not-be-forgotten

Cowboy_Up
11-30-2014, 10:27 AM
Edna beat Ingram Moore last night 50-28

Noah wore #50 and when Edna scored the final TD, they downed the XP to keep the score at 50.

Right after the coin toss, the Ingram Moore Principle presented a check for $16,000 to the parents of the five children who died. For that town, that area, to take the time to collect those donations while they too were preparing for their biggest game of the year was just unbelievable. What incredible class.

This week we have a long time rival in Hallettsville. It'll be another tough week, but the fact we are still gathering to support our team also helps as we gather to help a family get through the unimaginable.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/29/fire-kills-five/19675969/

here4Villa
11-30-2014, 11:18 AM

Noah wore #50 and when Edna scored the final TD, they downed the XP to keep the score at 50.

Right after the coin toss, the Ingram Moore Principle presented a check for $16,000 to the parents of the five children who died. For that town, that area, to take the time to collect those donations while they too were preparing for their biggest game of the year was just unbelievable. What incredible class.

This week we have a long time rival in Hallettsville. It'll be another tough week, but the fact we are still gathering to support our team also helps as we gather to help a family get through the unimaginable.

Gave me chills reading this. Applause to the community of Ingram Moore and my thoughts and prayers for the family affected.

Devine
11-30-2014, 11:28 AM
Gave me chills reading this. Applause to the community of Ingram Moore and my thoughts and prayers for the family affected.

For the town of Ingram to do what they did makes them a winner. Both teams won in my books. Hats off for Ingram and prayers being sent to the family and town of Edna. And you're right about chills just reading this "here4Villa".

PappaFeelGood
11-30-2014, 06:58 PM
Wow!!!! What a class act by the Ingram Moore community. You are true winners in my books.
Congrats to Edna may God be with you in these troubling times.

TexMike
11-30-2014, 08:04 PM
Story about a fellow making personalized caskets for the children http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/29/fire-kills-five/19675969/

zebrablue2
11-30-2014, 08:05 PM

To score that 50 is a sign from God, I truly believe! As far as the donation from I/M, what a blessing...

TexMike
11-30-2014, 08:12 PM
To score that 50 is a sign from God, I truly believe! As far as the donation from I/M, what a blessing... Many will scoff at that but I have seen multiple situations like this where a player from a team tragically dies and then in the very next game something unexplainable happens. Had a kid on a HS soccer team years back who's team lost a youngster in a car crash a few days before the game. The game would decide who went to the playoffs. It ended in tie score so they had a shoot out. Our team was up by 1 when the opponent's last player took his shot. The ball was headed right for the upper right corner of the net and was going to be a score but at the last second it veered right and hit the goal post bouncing away. Things happen that we can't explain nor should we try to. There will be a time when it is all clear to us. And until then, it is one of life's grand mysteries.

Cowboy_Up
12-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Public memorial service for the 5 children 1pm Sat at Edna Memorial Stadium

Article from Houston Chronicle

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/article/One-thing-missing-for-Edna-is-teammate-who-died-5935127.php?t=3ee8fcd41fcba496f0&cmpid=twitter-desktop#/1

zebrablue2
12-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Hope the Cowboys win another one tonight:2thumbsup:

44INAROW
12-05-2014, 10:00 PM
They were leading at halftime. 👍

zebrablue2
12-06-2014, 07:32 AM
They were leading at halftime. ��

28-21 Cowboys, GREAT win!!!

Weebe
12-06-2014, 08:17 AM
They are going to build a statue of Chancellor in that town.

What an unexpected semifinal run.

Crow22
12-06-2014, 08:50 AM
They are going to build a statue of Chancellor in that town.

What an unexpected semifinal run.

UNBELIEVABLE.

I'm not kidding when I say this....someone should make a movie about this season for Edna. The unbelievable sadness that those kids and that community have gone through is unexplainable. The playoff run they're on right now is a tribute not only to the young man (and his siblings) that passed away in the fire, but also to the power of the human spirit and how a group of ordinary young men can come together to do extraordinary things. Huey and his coaching staff have done an incredible job of holding these kids together.

I've NEVER rooted for Edna until now....and now....I'm an Edna Cowboy fan.

Keep it rollin' Cowboys. God bless.