PDA

View Full Version : O-Line/D-Line Appreciation Thread 2014: The Unsung Heroes

hollywood
11-24-2014, 03:38 PM
As most threads are focused on the teams playmakers on the offensive and defensive sides of play, let's give our respect and appreciation to the unsung heroes of the game, the O-Linemen and D-Linemen! Without the great play from these hogs, most teams can't be successful.

I was a RB in HS football and always gave our linemen much respect and appreciation.

Show your support for these O-Linemen/D-Linemen here! Any getting offers at the next level? Any have kiddos playing on the O-Line/D-Line.

greendawg84
11-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Yep , mine is the unsung deep snapper . Nobody even knows he is there unless something goes wrong ! :clap:

hollywood
11-24-2014, 03:47 PM
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/10/16/high-school-football-powered-unsung-heroes/P3OJmEzoon8BJY4UmTpPhP/story.html

hollywood
11-24-2014, 03:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-texans/post/_/id/8778/rtc-offensive-linemen-this-weeks-unsung-heroes

toddg
11-24-2014, 03:53 PM
yep!! if i was an announcer..i would say "60 yard TD run #21 @%& @%%&&, great POA block by #67 @%& $$&&&&&, and down field block by #72 @$$$ !!^^^^!!!"

RPF2666
11-24-2014, 04:06 PM
yep!! if i was an announcer..i would say "60 yard TD run #21 @%& @%%&&, great POA block by #67 @%& $$&&&&&, and down field block by #72 @$$$ !!^^^^!!!"

Ever been to a home game in Argyle? Their guy does exactly that (especially last year with that special group)! It is/was really annoying when they are kicking your A$$ like they did last year!

Rattler
11-24-2014, 04:11 PM
As most threads are focused on the teams playmakers on the offensive and defensive sides of play, let's give our respect and appreciation to the unsung heroes of the game, the O-Linemen and D-Linemen! Without the great play from these hogs, most teams can't be successful.

I was a RB in HS football and always gave our linemen much respect and appreciation.

Show your support for these O-Linemen/D-Linemen here! Any getting offers at the next level? Any have kiddos playing on the O-Line/D-Line.

:iagree::cheerl::clap:

slingshot
11-24-2014, 06:05 PM
:iagree::cheerl::clap:I agree with... a GRAHAM fan?!! All kidding aside--our offensive and defensive lines are the heart and soul of our team. Hats off to the big guys!

defense51
11-24-2014, 06:17 PM

Contact on every play, and the foundation of any good offense or defense!

LHPfactory
11-24-2014, 06:37 PM
I agree, Cant stress enough how even though the O-Line dont get their names called, everyone of them that neutralize a play maker on the Defense is a big impact player!

When I watched the LaGrange game the first week of the season agains LH, the Leps front 5 were the most impressive thing about that team.

JVDAD
11-24-2014, 07:50 PM
Mine is #66 on the Wylie Bulldogs plays OT and DE, doesn't get a lot of playing time but out there everyday on the scout team busting his tail trying to get the 1st team ready every week. There were 100 started in 7th grade and 36 left, had the chance to quit but has accepted his place and works hard everyday for the few snaps he does earn. Have a freshman working hard on the line, hoping he decides to stick it out. Talent fades character lasts a lifetime.

the Ville 89
11-24-2014, 08:34 PM
Mine is #66 on the Wylie Bulldogs plays OT and DE, doesn't get a lot of playing time but out there everyday on the scout team busting his tail trying to get the 1st team ready every week. There were 100 started in 7th grade and 36 left, had the chance to quit but has accepted his place and works hard everyday for the few snaps he does earn. Have a freshman working hard on the line, hoping he decides to stick it out. Talent fades character lasts a lifetime.

Bravo...much respect to you and your son! A lot of boys quit and its very understandable, this game involves a lot of hard work and commitment and for boys like yours to stick it out who don't start or play a big role, shows the true character in your son... he will do great things in life. As for my son well he is on that highly scrutinize Defense for the Jackets, plays D-lne and is 1 of 17 seniors remaining out of 103 that started out in 7th grade. He is one of the hardest working kids you will find, plays hard and with a lot of intensity. And believe me when I say it absolutely kills him when him and his D teammates struggle game in game out.

JVDAD
11-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Appreciate it 89, wow only 17 left that is surprising! Best of luck this weekend.

hollywood
11-24-2014, 11:21 PM
A cool pic from SC game in 2012.

https://media.victoriaadvocate.com/cache/a6/1c/a61cb5554acab06d9c009f9f199349a3.jpg

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Ever been to a home game in Argyle? Their guy does exactly that (especially last year with that special group)! It is/was really annoying when they are kicking your A$$ like they did last year!

Pansies all.

Larry Allen, Mike Munchak, Bruce Mathews, Conrad Dobler, Rayfield Wright, and the others cover their ears when they hear this. Wike Webster, Dave Otto and Dan Dierdorf are spinning in their graves.

As an old Olineman and the dad of two former Olinemen.... All that stuff is for the premadonna "skill" players.

Cam
11-25-2014, 11:59 AM
73 - RT Aaron Cook
52 - RG Saldivar twin, Christopher. His bro, Christian, mans the LG position. The O-line has been the heart & soul of Burnets offense! Nice thread hollywood!

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0171.jpg

here4Villa
11-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Bravo...much respect to you and your son! A lot of boys quit and its very understandable, this game involves a lot of hard work and commitment and for boys like yours to stick it out who don't start or play a big role, shows the true character in your son... he will do great things in life. As for my son well he is on that highly scrutinize Defense for the Jackets, plays D-lne and is 1 of 17 seniors remaining out of 103 that started out in 7th grade. He is one of the hardest working kids you will find, plays hard and with a lot of intensity. And believe me when I say it absolutely kills him when him and his D teammates struggle game in game out.

Great post! Go #7!!!

Rattler
11-25-2014, 12:46 PM
http://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Graham/Football/2014-05-FB-Steers-vs-Wylie/i-L5BxMSL/1/XL/FB_Steers_2014-09-12_1803-XL.jpg

Rattler
11-25-2014, 12:50 PM
http://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Graham/Football/2013-13-FB-Steers-vs-Castleberry/i-xkKmBtJ/0/XL/FB_Steers_2013-11-15_1251-XL.jpg

hollywood
11-25-2014, 12:59 PM
http://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Graham/Football/2014-05-FB-Steers-vs-Wylie/i-L5BxMSL/1/XL/FB_Steers_2014-09-12_1803-XL.jpg

Great photo Rattler! You're son is a man child. I wish him the best this week!

Rattler
11-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Great photo Rattler! You're son is a man child. I wish him the best this week!

Thank you... Hopefully next week you get to see a lot more of him!! :evilgrin: