11-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Post your predictions
Longhorn fan but going with TCU

Macarthur
11-24-2014, 12:17 AM
Froggies

regaleagle
11-24-2014, 06:20 AM
This game will be nationally televised and finally show how DEEEEEP the Big 12 really is, LOL. TCU has a top-ranked offense and is a scoring machine, while Texas has a top-ranked defense and appears to be making much progress in Charlie Strong's first year....even after some house-cleaning of the roster. I think this game will be a fairly close one, but give the edge to TCU. They just have so many weapons and Boykin is a threat with his feet and his arm every time he has the ball.

Macarthur
11-24-2014, 09:53 AM
This game will be nationally televised and finally show how DEEEEEP the Big 12 really is, LOL. TCU has a top-ranked offense and is a scoring machine, while Texas has a top-ranked defense and appears to be making much progress in Charlie Strong's first year....even after some house-cleaning of the roster. I think this game will be a fairly close one, but give the edge to TCU. They just have so many weapons and Boykin is a threat with his feet and his arm every time he has the ball.

Don't disagree but Charlie isn't the only good defensive coach in this game. GP can coach some defense. He's always been really good at making teams one dimensional. He will do everything he can to slow the run. I think this game will come down to swoopes. If he is good and makes throws down the field, UT can def win the game. If swoopes isn't effective, this could get ugly.

1st and goal
11-24-2014, 10:05 AM
I think TCU takes it, but the horns make it difficult. A couple turnovers in the horn's favor and the score could flip flop.
If TCU loses, Baylor will climb in the polls while TCU falls back to about #10 or so.

BwdLions
11-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Horns win this one 31-24.

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2014, 09:48 PM
I just wanna see Slanina do well

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2014, 11:36 AM
TCU By 10.

hookandladder
11-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Texas definitely has a shot at taking down TCU, it will depend on Swoopes play again this week like last game. Home game with a lot of excitement in the air, Horns feeling it. Texas gonna make it 4 in a row, no doubt best game on Turkey Day in the State. ATM playing for sole possession of 6th place in the sec west, LMAO.

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2014, 09:07 PM
Texas definitely has a shot at taking down TCU, it will depend on Swoopes play again this week like last game. Home game with a lot of excitement in the air, Horns feeling it. Texas gonna make it 4 in a row, no doubt best game on Turkey Day in the State. ATM playing for sole possession of 6th place in the sec west, LMAO.

I hope to God that they meet in Houston.

hookandladder
11-26-2014, 07:27 AM

Watch out for what you hope for, LOl.

Mr. Football
11-26-2014, 08:52 AM
If UT was still playing like they were earlier in the season I would say TCU wins easy but the past month UT as finally been putting it all together and winning. They actually have a shot at winning tomorrow. Horns wins!!! 28-24

hookandladder
11-26-2014, 11:14 AM

I know you a big Texas fan, so maybe it will happen. Lol

regaleagle
11-27-2014, 03:23 AM
I'm a Horns fan too, and just so happens I like what Strong is doing at UT. But I also like TCU and Patterson, and his M.O. has been defense. If TCU can slow down that running game of Texas and make them go to the air, I believe the TCU secondary will get some picks. That's trouble with a capital T for Texas, and even more possessions for a quick-scoring and highly talented TCU offense. I think the Texas defense is the key to this game.....can they keep the possessions down and make some TCU stops?

1st and goal
11-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Yep, TCU is going to have to get some stops on UT's running game to win.

regaleagle
11-27-2014, 08:27 PM
So far both defenses are looking good. The fumble by Swoopes that scored a TCU TD was huge, and gives TCU even more room to open up their offensive scheme. Texas cannot afford to allow TCU to get another TD without a TD to answer.

Scoop27
11-27-2014, 09:22 PM
Longhorns may be one of the worst teams in scoring points in the third quarter this season

Roughneck93
11-27-2014, 10:48 PM
Swoopes/Diggs...:thmbdwn:

Macarthur
11-27-2014, 11:00 PM
Go frogs!

Scoop27
11-27-2014, 11:03 PM
Longhorns got a beat down by the Frogs

Tejastrue
11-27-2014, 11:06 PM
No..not really..it was more the ineptitude of the UT offense... but still...it is a team sport....

slpybear the bullfan
11-27-2014, 11:07 PM
So tired of Swoopes. Terrible, just terrible at QB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macarthur
11-27-2014, 11:24 PM
No..not really..it was more the ineptitude of the UT offense... but still...it is a team sport....

TCU had a bit to do w that.

Celina8
11-28-2014, 06:16 AM
QB and offensive line are the biggest need for this team. Swoops is not the answer and Charlie might need to hit the juco route to bring in a QB who can at least give the horns better stability. Swoops is a major factor in why the offensive cooridnator has to limit the playbook as he just does not show the ability to progress through his reads , use good technique for passing, and is to slow to be a running threat. The offensive line needs more depth and size and that will come during the off season. Just not a good night for Texas, but for the Big 12 this was a good night . Having both Baylor and TCU stay with just one loss helps our conference and I am pretty sure they could compete with any team right now in the country if they played.

Tejastrue
11-28-2014, 10:15 PM
TCU had a bit to do w that.

Sure they did...I have always been a TCU fan since the Wacker days. Grew up in that part of the world. In a way I did not want to see TCU lose the chance for a title shot yet I would have been okay with a Longhorn win or a great showing. Obviously TCU won out on both. If the QB play would have been there for UT..this would have been a much different conversation.

Macarthur
11-29-2014, 10:57 AM
QB and offensive line are the biggest need for this team. Swoops is not the answer and Charlie might need to hit the juco route to bring in a QB who can at least give the horns better stability. Swoops is a major factor in why the offensive cooridnator has to limit the playbook as he just does not show the ability to progress through his reads , use good technique for passing, and is to slow to be a running threat. The offensive line needs more depth and size and that will come during the off season. Just not a good night for Texas, but for the Big 12 this was a good night . Having both Baylor and TCU stay with just one loss helps our conference and I am pretty sure they could compete with any team right now in the country if they played.

Charlie has a big challenge in front of him. His calling card is defense and he loses about 6 big key parts to this years good defense. If recruting ranking are to be believed, UT does not have the level of talent waiting in the wings that is leaving the program - diggs, brown, hicks, Edmonds, etc. those are going to be really difficult pieces to replace.

And offensively, he simply doesn't have a QB. Swoopes may improve, but he is not the long term answer. Reports came out this year that the kid out of Denton that is RS, was way behind swoopes in his passing ability, if that's even possible. This kid coming in from NM looks good on paper, but it's most likely going to be 2016 before he's really ready.

And Charlie isn't exactly blowing people away on the recruiting trail. He is clearly lagging behind sumlin and you know Patterson and briles are going to use this years win against him.

I am clearly not a UT fan, but I like Charlie and what he stands for, however, in trying to be objective, I think you have to be concerned if you are a UT fan.

hookandladder
11-29-2014, 05:08 PM
Charlie has a big challenge in front of him. His calling card is defense and he loses about 6 big key parts to this years good defense. If recruting ranking are to be believed, UT does not have the level of talent waiting in the wings that is leaving the program - diggs, brown, hicks, Edmonds, etc. those are going to be really difficult pieces to replace.

And offensively, he simply doesn't have a QB. Swoopes may improve, but he is not the long term answer. Reports came out this year that the kid out of Denton that is RS, was way behind swoopes in his passing ability, if that's even possible. This kid coming in from NM looks good on paper, but it's most likely going to be 2016 before he's really ready.

And Charlie isn't exactly blowing people away on the recruiting trail. He is clearly lagging behind sumlin and you know Patterson and briles are going to use this years win against him.

I am clearly not a UT fan, but I like Charlie and what he stands for, however, in trying to be objective, I think you have to be concerned if you are a UT fan.

Yea and you know what they say about opinions , they like assholes and everybody has one. Lol

Bullaholic
11-29-2014, 07:19 PM
TCU loving it right now...Ole Miss up 14 on No. 4 Miss St with less than 2 min to go.

Bullaholic
11-29-2014, 07:22 PM
Ole Miss won.