PDA

View Full Version : Celina vs Iowa Park Friday 7:00 @ Brewer Bear Stadium Ft. Worth

orange machine
11-23-2014, 12:01 AM
I think Celina controls this game and wins.
Celina 50
Iowa Park 14

bobcat1
11-23-2014, 09:07 AM
Wonder why they didn't just schedule it for Waco? LOL Seems like a long way out of the way for both.

orange machine
11-23-2014, 09:14 AM
Wonder why they didn't just schedule it for Waco? LOL Seems like a long way out of the way for both.

That's what I thought lol.

orange machine
11-23-2014, 09:18 AM
I'll take a 1hr and 15 min drive to Ft. Worth verse 3 hrs + to Brownwood.

toddg
11-23-2014, 12:00 PM

sunday driver! you're slow OM!! lol!:D

bobcat1
11-23-2014, 12:02 PM
:thinking: Denton made more sense to me. Iowa Park won there Thursday. My brother's niece's son(other side of the family) is playing for Iowa Park. He's a good kid. I have watched him grow up.

toddg
11-23-2014, 12:36 PM
GOOD LUCK TO IOWA PARK coach Aubrey Sims...once an INDIAN always a Indian!

BwdLion73
11-23-2014, 12:36 PM

Hope you made it through Early without getting stopped.

orange machine
11-23-2014, 02:41 PM
Hope you made it through Early without getting stopped.

Didn't got through early we took 183 to 20.

marler1972
11-23-2014, 02:42 PM
Brewers Stadium looks nice. Glad we are not playing in Denton, that stadium has not been to kind to us the last few years.

orange machine
11-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Brewers Stadium looks nice. Glad we are not playing in Denton, that stadium has not been to kind to us the last few years.

Hope celina is the home team because the visitors bleachers at Brewer sit about 25 yards away from the field.

marler1972
11-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Hope celina is the home team because the visitors bleachers at Brewer sit about 25 yards away from the field.

we are the Home team

hollywood
11-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Didn't got through early we took 183 to 20.

Then you went through Early! Lol

orange machine
11-23-2014, 03:29 PM
Then you went through Early! Lol

Oh well no I didn't get pulled over lol.

d0tc0m
11-23-2014, 08:00 PM
Another fairly easy win for the Bobcats this week. The offense is clicking, and the defense is still playing at a high level. It'll be another 3+ TD win. Keep everybody healthy and geared up for that Sweetwater/Vernon matchup next week. That'll be a big clash, no matter which one of those teams it is against.

Sweetwater Red
11-24-2014, 11:02 AM
Random thought:

I watched Iowa Park and Greenwood play in Wylie a few weeks ago. Well, with the game
in hand and the clock winding down somebody on the IP sideline or in the stands shouted
a line from The Karate Kid.

"Get him a body bag!!! YeeAAAHHHH!!!!!"

My immediate thought was...you'll be playing Celina soon and well... :dispntd:

RPF2666
11-24-2014, 02:25 PM
Random thought:

I watched Iowa Park and Greenwood play in Wylie a few weeks ago. Well, with the game
in hand and the clock winding down somebody on the IP sideline or in the stands shouted

So you think we may stand a chance this week?:kiss:

bobcat1
11-24-2014, 08:27 PM
Random thought:

So you think we may stand a chance this week?:kiss:Absolutely!:2thumbsup

garciap77
11-24-2014, 10:29 PM
Celina in a blow out!

GreenMonster
11-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Just want to remind everybody that this is the third round of the playoffs and anything is possible on any given Friday night, so don't count my Hawks out yet. There's a reason why we play the games!

RPF2666
11-25-2014, 09:54 AM
Celina knows that as well as anyone, and it will help our young men prepare for this game. They'll be prepared for this week, and only this week
come Friday night, knowing that if they aren't there won't be a next week!

44INAROW
11-25-2014, 02:20 PM
Just want to remind everybody that this is the third round of the playoffs and anything is possible on any given Friday night, so don't count my Hawks out yet. There's a reason why we play the games!

Lord Have Mercy - Green Monster lives :)

d0tc0m
11-25-2014, 02:56 PM
Well, I finally had a little time to sit down and watch some Iowa Park film, and here are few things I noticed.

The Hawks have pretty decent size from what I can tell, unless my eyes are deceiving me (which is a very real possibility). That said, they won't match up to the Bobcats in that category. Celina will dominate on both the offensive and defensive lines. The Iowa Park QB has a pretty good arm, but sometimes he forces the issue, makes mistakes, especially when under pressure. He tends to try to do too much at times. But the biggest thing I saw from Iowa Park is their defense is soft, and that's being friendly. They don't tackle very well, especially in space, and I noticed the secondary taking plays off on several occasions. That will spell an absolute disaster for them against the Bobcats, who can run over you or throw it where you're not, because, honestly, in none of the film I watched did I see a team with the athletes Celina will bring to Brewer on Friday. And honestly, Alexander could have another 200+ yard game if they feed him the ball enough. Should be another big one for Elliot too, and for Marler and the rest of that solid receiving corps.

I know it's the third round and anything can happen and all that jazz ... but that's a stretch. I think the Bobcats roll. Give me Celina by 3-4 TDs. And bring on Sweetwater.

Red&White_9x5
11-25-2014, 03:09 PM
Well, I finally had a little time to sit down and watch some Iowa Park film, and here are few things I noticed.

The Hawks have pretty decent size from what I can tell, unless my eyes are deceiving me (which is a very real possibility). That said, they won't match up to the Bobcats in that category. Celina will dominate on both the offensive and defensive lines. The Iowa Park QB has a pretty good arm, but sometimes he forces the issue, makes mistakes, especially when under pressure. He tends to try to do too much at times. But the biggest thing I saw from Iowa Park is their defense is soft, and that's being friendly. They don't tackle very well, especially in space, and I noticed the secondary taking plays off on several occasions. That will spell an absolute disaster for them against the Bobcats, who can run over you or throw it where you're not, because, honestly, in none of the film I watched did I see a team with the athletes Celina will bring to Brewer on Friday. And honestly, Alexander could have another 200+ yard game if they feed him the ball enough. Should be another big one for Elliot too, and for Marler and the rest of that solid receiving corps.

I know it's the third round and anything can happen and all that jazz ... but that's a stretch. I think the Bobcats roll. Give me Celina by 3-4 TDs. And bring on Sweetwater.

In your opinion, how do they compare against your first two opponents? Sounds like the will be a big upgrade in talent next week for yall

d0tc0m
11-25-2014, 03:24 PM
In your opinion, how do they compare against your first two opponents? Sounds like the will be a big upgrade in talent next week for yall

Well, I speak from a point of having only seen film and not a game in person, so someone who's been to the games can likely speak with a little more authority than me. But I'd say Iowa Park looks like they could beat Madison. I don't think they'd beat Monhans, though I think it'd be a close game. There's no question Celina will face its toughest test of the postseason next week against Sweetwater, but that's what you'd expect come this time of year. I still say Argyle has probably been the Bobcats' biggest test of the year. And that was a game that, if Elliot hadn't been hurt, you could argue could/should have gone in Celina's favor. The Bobcats and Sweetwater have the athletes to match up with each other, though, which is why - if both teams win - next week should be a magnificent game.

Steernation
11-25-2014, 03:30 PM
I would like to see IP win this game. The chances of that happening are slim to none though. Celina by 2 TDs

Sweetwater Red
11-25-2014, 03:39 PM
With only 40 miles separating Ram Stadium and Brewer Stadium along with favorable start times don't be surprised
to see some RED :D or maroon :( mixed in with the orange and green Friday night.

marler1972
11-25-2014, 03:42 PM
With only 40 miles separating Ram Stadium and Brewer Stadium along with favorable start times don't be surprised
to see some RED :D or maroon :( mixed in with the orange and green Friday night.

Don't be surprised to see some orange at Ram Stadium.

RPF2666
11-25-2014, 03:45 PM

Mix with the orange! Don't need that 'Frog in a Blender' look on the visitor's side! :-)

Sweetwater Red
11-25-2014, 04:34 PM
Don't be surprised to see some orange at Ram Stadium.

I really hope so.

Macarthur
11-25-2014, 05:18 PM

Sounds like the Hawks shouldn't even bother to show up. :rolleyes:

orange machine
11-25-2014, 05:22 PM

That would be okay also but I personally would love to see a game.

d0tc0m
11-25-2014, 06:25 PM

I went back and reread what I wrote, but I can't find a point where I said Iowa Park shouldn't show up. But, like I said earlier, my eyes could be deceiving me. I hope it's a game too. But as a fan who has seen a game or two, and has a bit of knowledge about the game and match ups, I simply said what I see happening. So yes, I'm predicting a big Celina win. If the Hawks are reading this and basing whether they show up on Friday or not on my judgement, then they're already beat.

RPF2666
11-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Iowa Park should definitely show up. Ideally, they will play great and make the Bobcats work for a comfortable win.

We DO NOT need an easy game at this point, we need challenge to keep the improvement coming along as it has been!

orange machine
11-27-2014, 12:36 PM
Well the Hawks have got the Bobcats attention now. Found out yesterday the Iowa Park players have decided to call out and mouth off at the Celina players via twitter. I must say "I LOVE IT". I'm afraid the Hawks have made a mistake by doing this!

Sweetwater Red
11-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Well the Hawks have got the Bobcats attention now. Found out yesterday the Iowa Park players have decided to call out and mouth off at the Celina players via twitter. I must say "I LOVE IT". I'm afraid the Hawks have made a mistake by doing this!

Apparently they aren't the only ones. Although I have no idea who Adam Mize is.

@mizeadam: @BCHsports @texashsfootball they ain't ready for them Vernon Lions though!
Shared via TweetCaster

ynot
11-27-2014, 04:48 PM
Well with that "twitter" has ruined Iowa Park Football! Bobcats win this one 34-14 and will have their hands full with Sweetwater even though flavored water shouldn't scare the bobcats!!!!!

toddg
11-27-2014, 05:07 PM

Oh no! They went and mouthed off??!!
So the Bobcats are really ready to play now!! What if Gilmer peeps mouth off? Will they be in trouble too?! LOL!

d0tc0m
11-27-2014, 05:37 PM
So the Bobcats are really ready to play now!! What if Gilmer peeps mouth off? Will they be in trouble too?! LOL!

Aww, what a cute post!

orange machine
11-27-2014, 08:19 PM

I'm being sarcastic, but I do love the mouthing off.

bobcat1
11-27-2014, 08:44 PM
The kind of fire "mouthing off" instills burns out quick.

ynot
11-27-2014, 09:07 PM

TODDG Where you guys playing this week and what time. I'm guessing Iowa Park would have ran their mouths and whipped Alvarado. PS Allen is really good and the Cowboys Suck, Mavericks are gonna make a run and it's almost Christmas stay calm and Santa is coming maybe he'll bring you a win or 2 next year!!!!!!

toddg
11-27-2014, 10:12 PM
TODDG Where you guys playing this week and what time. I'm guessing Iowa Park would have ran their mouths and whipped Alvarado. PS Allen is really good and the Cowboys Suck, Mavericks are gonna make a run and it's almost Christmas stay calm and Santa is coming maybe he'll bring you a win or 2 next year!!!!!!
hahaha! you got me man!!

marler1972
11-28-2014, 07:37 AM
Game day

RPF2666
11-28-2014, 07:48 AM
Game day

Finally!

ynot
11-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Game day is Right sit back with an Ice Cold DR Pepper and watch Gilmer and Gladewater serve uppercuts to each other best game by this season in 4a! Im taking Gilmer should be a fun one Gilmer 35-21.