Leopardfan201
11-22-2014, 09:42 PM
Give me Navasota 47/30

Leopardfan201
11-22-2014, 09:43 PM
Navasota by 17

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 09:46 PM
BIGTIME game for bigtime programs. I have Navasota winning this in my bracket, so I reckon I'll be a Sota fan in this one. :D

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Looks like we have 3 different threads for this game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2014, 09:48 PM
3 threads worthy, lol

Leopardfan201
11-22-2014, 09:49 PM
No one beating Navasota but maybe argyle

bansheefan03
11-22-2014, 10:12 PM
Have a feeling this game may end up like state game in 2012

Scoop27
11-22-2014, 11:06 PM
Webcasts
www.kulpradio.com
http://navasotanews.com/

Weebe
11-22-2014, 11:16 PM
Navasota by 17

Are you as sure about this as you were about the Carthage/El Campo game?

speedbump
11-22-2014, 11:36 PM
Looks like we have 3 different threads for this game.

Two of the threads were started at 8:32 and the other at 8:33. LOL Wierd

cowboyandchrist
11-23-2014, 12:07 AM
The Rice Birds are a very good football team, but they will have to throw the ball 15 to 20 times to keep the Navasota defense from loading up box. Navasota can stop the run, it will not be a team full of freshmen, sophomores, and juniors like Carthage had trying to stop the 230 lb manster. If they can't pass I don't believe they can beat the Rattlers. The Rattlers appear to be able to run or pass and have a great defense.
The Rice Birds play hard nose football and Navasota will have to be at their best in order to beat them. This has the makings of a good ball game, I say the Rattlers 35 and Rice Birds 24.

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2014, 01:00 AM
Two of the threads were started at 8:32 and the other at 8:33. LOL Wierd

I guess that as soon as everyone got word of the location, we all wanted to share the news.

Saggy Aggie
11-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Rattlers by 21

region4fan
11-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Good en here

garciap77
11-23-2014, 06:49 PM
Rattlers!:2thumbsup

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Still not able to combine the threads?

HEMOTOXIC
11-23-2014, 07:22 PM
It's really quiet. Where is everyone?

Scoop27
11-23-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm sure this thread will heat up as the week goes by

panfan
11-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Just a hunch, but I think the Rice birds win over the Rattlers. call me crazy.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Just a hunch, but I think the Rice birds win over the Rattlers. call me crazy.

Wishfull thinking. If the Ricebirds can't stop the pass it won't be close.

jason
11-24-2014, 10:42 AM
This turns into a repeat of 2012 state title game...Navasota BIG......

bird_fan
11-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Ricebirds shock the Rattlers!!! yes Im a homer

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Ricebirds shock the Rattlers!!! yes Im a homer

As you should be, there's no reason for you to think otherwise. Plus, if El Campo wins, I don't think that it would be that much of a shocker.

speedbump
11-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Wishfull thinking. If the Ricebirds can't stop the pass it won't be close.

The Birds have 21 interceptions this year. Of course that wasn't against Navasota caliber teams. But then the Rattlers gaudy numbers aren't all against El Campo caliber teams either. The Birds only chance is to play a mistake free game. No penalties, no fumbles and they pull off the upset. That's an awful lot to ask for against a team like Navasota.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2014, 01:51 PM
The Birds have 21 interceptions this year. Of course that wasn't against Navasota caliber teams. But then the Rattlers gaudy numbers aren't all against El Campo caliber teams either. The Birds only chance is to play a mistake free game. No penalties, no fumbles and they pull off the upset. That's an awful lot to ask for against a team like Navasota.

Anything is possible. The Rattlers better come ready to play.

Weebe
11-24-2014, 01:53 PM

Agree

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2014, 01:55 PM

And, the opportunity to intercept the pass is very minimum when the receiver is 5-10 yards ahead of the defender.

speedbump
11-24-2014, 02:06 PM
And, the opportunity to intercept the pass is very minimum when the receiver is 5-10 yards ahead of the defender.

I wouldn't know.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2014, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't know.

You will soon find out on Friday. Good Luck.

speedbump
11-24-2014, 02:11 PM
You will soon find out on Friday. Good Luck.

How you gonna stop Dove?

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2014, 02:13 PM
How you gonna stop Dove?

The Rattler Defense.

speedbump
11-24-2014, 02:17 PM
The Rattler Defense.

That would be a first this year.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2014, 02:21 PM

HMMMM.

I really don't think that any defense will "Stop" Dove. Slow him down, yes. The bigger question is how will El Campo stop Navasota's offense?

speedbump
11-24-2014, 02:33 PM
HMMMM.

I really don't think that any defense will "Stop" Dove. Slow him down, yes. The bigger question is how will El Campo stop Navasota's offense?

That's top secret. Even I haven't been told.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2014, 02:54 PM
That's top secret. Even I haven't been told.

LOL. I think that this is our first ever meeting. Do you know for sure?

WhartonTigers
11-24-2014, 05:55 PM
You mean a second.....

speedbump
11-24-2014, 06:39 PM
You mean a second.....

No, I mean first just like I said.

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2014, 07:05 PM
no, i mean first just like i said.

lol...

speedbump
11-24-2014, 07:38 PM
LOL. I think that this is our first ever meeting. Do you know for sure?

Yep , the first ever. Brenham (25 times) is the only team from your area we've ever played as far as I can tell. Some folks around here are finally learning that Navasota isn't somewhere between Nova Scotia and Minnesota like they thought. Not all Bird fans are as well traveled as I am.

Starlinmarlin
11-24-2014, 08:04 PM
I would call 19 carries for 149 yards (7.84 per attempt) contained but definately not stopped.

speedbump
11-24-2014, 08:08 PM
I would call 19 carries for 149 yards (7.84 per attempt) contained but definately not stopped.

Yea and he probably had more than 50 yards erased by all the procedure penalties in that game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Yep , the first ever. Brenham (25 times) is the only team from your area we've ever played as far as I can tell. Some folks around here are finally learning that Navasota isn't somewhere between Nova Scotia and Minnesota like they thought. Not all Bird fans are as well traveled as I am.

Yeah, I remember that Brenham played you guys a lot when I was growing up.

Dawgs
11-25-2014, 10:04 AM
I know it's hard to compare common opponents but by looking at the CH game only, I would have assume that Carthage's D is better than Navasotas'. And I would also have to assume that Sota's O is way better. Carthage was able to contain the edges on EC, and was able to put them in 3-4 3rd and long situations. Although they did have a couple of long passes on us the Ricebirds just look out of place throwing the ball. I do think the Ricebirds will move the ball, but I don't know if it will be enough. The question will be can EC undersized D get stops? I don't think they can against a team as athletic and with as many weapons as Sota. I have respect for both programs, but as others have said I see it playing out just like the 2012 state game. Maybe worse. EC is not as good as they were in 2012. Now it's time for Sota to prove they are that elite team this year. State championship caliber.

HEMOTOXIC
11-25-2014, 10:18 AM
I know it's hard to compare common opponents but by looking at the CH game only, I would have assume that Carthage's D is better than Navasotas'. And I would also have to assume that Sota's O is way better. Carthage was able to contain the edges on EC, and was able to put them in 3-4 3rd and long situations. Although they did have a couple of long passes on us the Ricebirds just look out of place throwing the ball. I do think the Ricebirds will move the ball, but I don't know if it will be enough. The question will be can EC undersized D get stops? I don't think they can against a team as athletic and with as many weapons as Sota. I have respect for both programs, but as others have said I see it playing out just like the 2012 state game. Maybe worse. EC is not as good as they were in 2012. Now it's time for Sota to prove they are that elite team this year. State championship caliber.

Chapel Hill not having their starting QB against Carthage makes a big difference. Also, two of those touchdown were passes to the tightend. More of a coverage issue. Navasota shut down Chapel Hill in the second half.

For what it is worth, we can't have a repeat performance like we saw against CHILL in the first half. We will have to come out and force the Birds to punt early and often. Navasota will score points. We will only stop ourselves from doing so with penalties and turnovers.

OldBison75
11-25-2014, 11:11 AM
Chapel Hill not having their starting QB against Carthage makes a big difference. Also, two of those touchdown were passes to the tightend. More of a coverage issue. Navasota shut down Chapel Hill in the second half.

For what it is worth, we can't have a repeat performance like we saw against CHILL in the first half. We will have to come out and force the Birds to punt early and often. Navasota will score points. We will only stop ourselves from doing so with penalties and turnovers.

Hemo, I agree with you on the repeat of the first half.

Navasota had a horrible first half passing especially. Eppler appeared to be so hyped that a lot of passing were high and resulted in tipped balls and dropped passes. Dickson dropped two passes he would normally catch. The passing game was just not working in the first half. Defensively the Rattlers seemed to be a step behind all of the first half. Bledsoe made the yards a lot of times with little resistance until he was 7 or eight yards downfield.

Then, the second half was totally the opposite. The Rattler offense was wide open and everything clicked. Defensively they controlled the line and suddenly the Chapel Hill running game was under control.

The overall game was a tale of two halves, but, don't forget that Navasota held Chapel Hill to over 120 yards below their per game average and the Rattlers still put up 582 total yards of offense even with a horrible first half.

HEMOTOXIC
11-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Hemo, I agree with you on the repeat of the first half.

Navasota had a horrible first half passing especially. Eppler appeared to be so hyped that a lot of passing were high and resulted in tipped balls and dropped passes. Dickson dropped two passes he would normally catch. The passing game was just not working in the first half. Defensively the Rattlers seemed to be a step behind all of the first half. Bledsoe made the yards a lot of times with little resistance until he was 7 or eight yards downfield.

Then, the second half was totally the opposite. The Rattler offense was wide open and everything clicked. Defensively they controlled the line and suddenly the Chapel Hill running game was under control.

The overall game was a tale of two halves, but, don't forget that Navasota held Chapel Hill to over 120 yards below their per game average and the Rattlers still put up 582 total yards of offense even with a horrible first half.

Yes, it definitey was a terrible first half. By my account, we should have had at least 14 points by the end of the 1st quarter.

OldBison75
11-25-2014, 09:18 PM
WOW, I can't believe there is no more talk about this game!!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-25-2014, 09:33 PM
WOW, I can't believe there is no more talk about this game!!!!!

WOW, I was just thinking the same thing... I get home from an evening out, and what do I find? Nothing.

Weebe
11-25-2014, 10:52 PM
WOW, I was just thinking the same thing... I get home from an evening out, and what do I find? Nothing.

I think the El Campo fans on here are being respectful in not talking trash about a team that should be favored to beat them.

There are fans of other teams on this website that should probably follow that lead.

speedbump
11-25-2014, 11:03 PM
I think the El Campo fans on here are being respectful in not talking trash about a team that should be favored to beat them.

There are fans of other teams on this website that should probably follow that lead.

We can't even crow about the coin toss.

OldBison75
11-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Weebe, I respect that, but I thought there would be more back and forth about the good things and bad things that each fan base had to say about two really good teams that are this far into the playoffs. I can tell you that the Rattlers have been on both sides of these type games before and you just hope that when it is over both teams can hold their heads up because they gave their all. I am a Rattler fan from way, way back even though I did not graduate there. I can assure you that no matter how good we think we are, we have eaten enough humble pie thanks to teams like Liberty Hill, Chapel Hill, and Gilmer that we know that any team can win at this level of competition. I wish your team good luck and honestly hope this game is a reflection of both of our seasons.

With that said, I am piking the Rattlers by 14 because they are my team and I believe they can make enough defensive stops to outscore the Ricebirds.

speedbump
11-25-2014, 11:53 PM
Weebe, I respect that, but I thought there would be more back and forth about the good things and bad things that each fan base had to say about two really good teams that are this far into the playoffs. I can tell you that the Rattlers have been on both sides of these type games before and you just hope that when it is over both teams can hold their heads up because they gave their all. I am a Rattler fan from way, way back even though I did not graduate there. I can assure you that no matter how good we think we are, we have eaten enough humble pie thanks to teams like Liberty Hill, Chapel Hill, and Gilmer that we know that any team can win at this level of competition. I wish your team good luck and honestly hope this game is a reflection of both of our seasons.

With that said, I am piking the Rattlers by 14 because they are my team and I believe they can make enough defensive stops to outscore the Ricebirds.

Lets start with the bad things (weaknesses) about Navasota. What are they?

OldBison75
11-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Navasota has sometimes had early problems adjusting the run defense, especially on teams that mix up the running game a lot. However, the opposition better take advantage of it early or they will find that the Navasota coaches make adjustments on the run and usually get it right pretty quick. Other than that they have very few weaknesses. They bend some on defense but don't allow very many big plays. The longest they have allowed all year was a 42 yard run against Chapel Hill. Before that there had only been three plays over 20 yards against them all season.

Aggie98
11-26-2014, 12:47 AM
Based on last weeks games, I don't think either one of these teams are on the same level as they were in '12. But, I think Navasota is significantly closer. I'll take the Rattler's by 21. Also believe that an Argyle/Sota title game is imminent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2014, 07:21 AM
Based on last weeks games, I don't think either one of these teams are on the same level as they were in '12. But, I think Navasota is significantly closer. I'll take the Rattler's by 21. Also believe that an Argyle/Sota title game is imminent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can agree with the assessment of comparing us to 2012. That 2012 team was special. This year's team will have to write their own script. Hopefully it was be as entertaining and special as 2012.

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2014, 07:25 AM
Navasota has sometimes had early problems adjusting the run defense, especially on teams that mix up the running game a lot. However, the opposition better take advantage of it early or they will find that the Navasota coaches make adjustments on the run and usually get it right pretty quick. Other than that they have very few weaknesses. They bend some on defense but don't allow very many big plays. The longest they have allowed all year was a 42 yard run against Chapel Hill. Before that there had only been three plays over 20 yards against them all season.

I agree. Navasota has made the needed adjustments during half time. The second halves versus Coldspring and Chapel Hill are the two games that come to mind. The game versus the Trojans, we were tied up at 14 all. We won the game 35-14. Navasota held Coldspring to less than 100 yards the second half. Of course, a pouring rain didn't help in the first half either. In the Chapel Hill game, they were able to get their yardage. Most coming in the first half. Of course in that game, we outscored them 35-7 in the second half.

Weebe
11-26-2014, 07:40 AM
When El Campo has played close games this year, it's been due to penalties and turnovers. A 10 yard holding penalty can really hurt an offense that relies on the running game.

The run defense is not as good as it was in 2012 but the pass defense is better. But, we haven't played anyone that can pass like Navasota.

Our backs are better than 2012 but the OL is not as dominant. But, El Campo will score points. As speedbump said, no one has slowed Dove down all year.

I think the key to El Campo having a shot is whether secondary can slow down the Navasota offense enough to allow the offense to wear Navasota down.

El Campo doesn't do well in shootouts(see 2012 SC game).

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2014, 08:03 AM
What I like about El Campo fans.. You give a honest, fair assessment. Most, being Homers, will give some wild prediction or even go as far as to say that their team will do something that they haven't been able to do all season. You are a real class act. Good luck to both teams and safe travels. Btw, happy Thanksgiving to you all and your families.

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 10:03 AM

If every body did that it wouldn't be much of a HS sports forum. You El Campo guys are too serious. No fun at all.

speedbump
11-26-2014, 10:08 AM
If every body did that it wouldn't be much of a HS sports forum. You El Campo guys are too serious. No fun at all.

It's been fun beating Carthage.

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 10:15 AM
It's been fun beating Carthage.

Hahaha. I've left both games thinking Carthage was far superior. Y'all have our number. What can I say. Y'all have proven on the field. But we got the trophy case full, so I guess we get the last laugh.

speedbump
11-26-2014, 10:28 AM
Hahaha. I've left both games thinking Carthage was far superior. Y'all have our number. What can I say. Y'all have proven on the field. But we got the trophy case full, so I guess we get the last laugh.

Maybe you should teach those trophies to block an tackle.

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 10:41 AM
Maybe you should teach those trophies to block an tackle.

That was a good one. Maybe y'all should have your boys pull back from the buffet and y'all would have a chance against top tier teams. Sota 65 EC 30. Y'all saved us another butt kicking. Appreciate it.

speedbump
11-26-2014, 10:47 AM
That was a good one. Maybe y'all should have your boys pull back from the buffet and y'all would have a chance against top tier teams. Sota 65 EC 30. Y'all saved us another butt kicking. Appreciate it.

Ours will stop eating when yours find a barber shop.

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2014, 10:49 AM
:1popcorn:

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 10:50 AM
Ours will stop eating when yours find a barber shop.

Hahaha. Ok I will have to agree. Them boys need a barbershop!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2014, 11:33 AM
Navasota Rattlers vs. El Campo Ricebirds

4A Division I regional

Buddy Moorhead Stadium, Conroe — 7 p.m.

Head coaches: Navasota — Lee Fedora; El Campo — Bob Gillis

Records: Navasota 12-0 (5-0 in 11-4A Division I); El Campo 11-1 (5-0 in 12-4A Division I)

Last year’s meeting: The teams did not play one another

Last week’s games: Navasota 49, Tyler Chapel Hill 28; El Campo 28, Carthage 21

Streaks: Navasota 12 wins; El Campo 8 wins

Radio: 1550 AM KWBC

Harris Ratings pick: Navasota by 14 points

Next: The winner will face Henderson (10-2) or Jasper (9-3), who play at 2 p.m. Saturday at Lufkin

YTBulldogs
11-26-2014, 11:39 AM
'Sota in a romp.

speedbump
11-26-2014, 11:52 AM
Navasota Rattlers vs. El Campo Ricebirds

4A Division I regional

Buddy Moorhead Stadium, Conroe — 7 p.m.

Head coaches: Navasota — Lee Fedora; El Campo — Bob Gillis

Records: Navasota 12-0 (5-0 in 11-4A Division I); El Campo 11-1 (5-0 in 12-4A Division I)

Last year’s meeting: The teams did not play one another

Last week’s games: Navasota 49, Tyler Chapel Hill 28; El Campo 28, Carthage 21

Streaks: Navasota 12 wins; El Campo 8 wins

Radio: 1550 AM KWBC

Harris Ratings pick: Navasota by 14 points

Next: The winner will face Henderson (10-2) or Jasper (9-3), who play at 2 p.m. Saturday at Lufkin

Is that a hint? LOL

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2014, 12:09 PM
Is that a hint? LOL

No, that's the line from www.brazossports.com
See Brazos Valley Football Capsules

WhartonTigers
11-26-2014, 02:32 PM
I dont see el campo secondary keeping up with those explosive wr's from Navasota...Qb will be the best they have seen all year....Navasota by 21

Weebe
11-28-2014, 08:48 PM
El Campo getting hammered. We will always get dominated by efficient passing teams until our coaches make defending the pass a priority.

We don't see it in practice because of our offensive system and we don't really compete in 7 on 7.

Roughneck93
11-29-2014, 12:52 AM
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Dickson-carries-Navasota-past-El-Campo-and-into-5923903.php

YTBulldogs
11-29-2014, 01:25 AM
Hooping it up now speedbump?

bird_fan
11-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Way too much speed on the Rattler team. this could be th best team in Texas Good Luck the next few weeks Bring home a championship

hookandladder
11-29-2014, 09:39 AM
'Sota in a romp.

Looks like you nailed it, that's a lot of points to give up. Navasota way to much for them birds, thump , thump time.

speedbump
11-29-2014, 10:01 AM
What I like about El Campo fans.. You give a honest, fair assessment. Most, being Homers, will give some wild prediction or even go as far as to say that their team will do something that they haven't been able to do all season. You are a real class act. Good luck to both teams and safe travels. Btw, happy Thanksgiving to you all and your families.

That's one heck of a football team you got over there. After the game the Rattler players were shoulder to shoulder with the Birds while they played the EC school song. When two class acts get together you get more than just a great game. The Birds will be as good or better running the ball next year and they will start working on a new pass defense today. Hope to see you next year with a different result. It ill make me feel better if I can say we were sent home by the state champions so go get it done.

bird_fan
11-29-2014, 10:22 AM
That's one heck of a football team you got over there. After the game the Rattler players were shoulder to shoulder with the Birds while they played the EC school song. When two class acts get together you get more than just a great game. The Birds will be as good or better running the ball next year and they will start working on a new pass defense today. Hope to see you next year with a different result. It ill make me feel better if I can say we were sent home by the state champions so go get it done.

Im still PROUD of the Ricebirds. We were outgunned but never gave up and played hard till the end and not many have been able to put up 400 yard of offense oe 36 point on Navasota I for one am proud of our effort. Hope the Rattlers win State!
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2014&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=227167&TeamID=169&SearchType=Teamshttp://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2014&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=227167&TeamID=169&SearchType=Teams

HEMOTOXIC
11-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Hey you guys are a class act. I tell you, hearing the Ricebird crowd ROAR on that 4th quarter play where the back was ruled down before losing the ball was awesome. That's the loudest that I've heard a crowd by far this year.

Dove, that kid is something special. I didn't realize that he was a junior. Welp, We have one more year to deal with that kid. :(

Thanks for making us sweat late in the 4th as we hung on to an 11 point lead.

Good luck and I'm sure that we will see the Ricebirds again very soon.