PDA

View Full Version : Biggest surprise upset?

44INAROW
11-22-2014, 08:28 PM
I don' know if it's the biggest but I was surprised with the Robinson win over La Vernia.

Who surprised you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lostaussie
11-22-2014, 08:57 PM
Don't know how much of an upset....but the way 6-5 Tatum destroyed Coldspring surprised me. Just can't figure them boys out.....but I hope we get the chance again:D

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Definitely Edna over Goliad. They held Goliad to 14 pts.....their low by a long stretch all season. And Edna had only 4 wins.

Just a warning>>>>this happened in Victoria Memorial, haha.

cowboyandchrist
11-22-2014, 09:29 PM
Don't know how much of an upset....but the way 6-5 Tatum destroyed Coldspring surprised me. Just can't figure them boys out.....but I hope we get the chance again:D

Do you remember me bragging about this bunch before the season started and after the Gilmer game, I felt like I stuck my foot in my mouth. The Defense is what I said would be one of the best in 4A because of the speed, size, and strength. Well for what ever the reason, they showed up two weeks ago. They have the will to win every game from here on out, I hope it happens. God Bless and pray no injuries.

Tejastrue
11-22-2014, 09:45 PM
I don' know if it's the biggest but I was surprised with the Robinson win over La Vernia.

Who surprised you?

This game definitely...Lake Travis losing to Spring tonight was a shocker for me...

Rabid Cougar
11-23-2014, 05:30 PM

Who surprised you?

I wasn't.

pirate4state
11-24-2014, 01:28 PM
La Vernia losing
Rockport winning

Weebe
11-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Definitely Edna over Goliad. They held Goliad to 14 pts.....their low by a long stretch all season. And Edna had only 4 wins.

Edna had 6 wins. But still an upset.

Chancellor has them rolling. I

GrTigers6
11-24-2014, 02:36 PM
2-8 Whitesboro making it to the third round and not by just barely winning. Knocked off 10-0 Sunnyvale 47-39 and then a 35-7 win last week over 8-3 Winnsboro

44INAROW
11-24-2014, 02:52 PM
2-8 Whitesboro making it to the third round and not by just barely winning. Knocked off 10-0 Sunnyvale 47-39 and then a 35-7 win last week over 8-3 Winnsboro

wow - that is surprising - I bet Sunnyvale was really surprised

GrTigers6
11-24-2014, 04:04 PM
wow - that is surprising - I bet Sunnyvale was really surprisedI bet too. I officiated one of their games. they were really good. Very fast offense and a quick defense. It was mind boggling when I saw that score

YTBulldogs
11-24-2014, 04:15 PM
wow - that is surprising - I bet Sunnyvale was really surprised

:thumbsup:

Yoe_09
11-24-2014, 06:31 PM

Yeah, this one surprised me more than La Vernia/Robinson. Robinson has shown at times they can play well. It seems like they put it together last week.

Now, Edna over Goliad was a big-time head scratcher. Hempstead had just beat Edna, 75-18 before entering the playoffs. Goliad beat Hallettsville by multiple scores. Hallettsville just beat Hempstead. I felt it would definitely be Goliad or Hallettsville out of that region, but who knows now.

YTBulldogs
11-24-2014, 06:48 PM
Yeah, this one surprised me more than La Vernia/Robinson. Robinson has shown at times they can play well. It seems like they put it together last week.

Now, Edna over Goliad was a big-time head scratcher. Hempstead had just beat Edna, 75-18 before entering the playoffs. Goliad beat Hallettsville by multiple scores. Hallettsville just beat Hempstead. I felt it would definitely be Goliad or Hallettsville out of that region, but who knows now.
Maybe there was some injury's involved.

Dawgfan64
11-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Never would have called the Goliad game. They seemed to be firing on all cylinders and their QB is outstanding. That's why we play the games and don't just work them out on paper. :thinking::confused:

Dawgfan64
11-24-2014, 07:37 PM

There may be hope for us yet????

Rabid Cougar
11-24-2014, 08:16 PM
No upset with unranked 7-4 Cameron over big bad Teague?????

IFrom Dave Cambell------n Class 3A, the biggest topic is obviously the “Region of Death.” In case you’ve been sleeping under a rock, that’s Region III in DI. Cameron Yoe proved it's still the team to beat out there with a 42-31 win over state title favorite Teague. The Yoemen did an excellent job of slowing down a Teague offense that was averaging close to 60 points per game. Cameron Yoe is hot right now and might be poised for another title run. The Yoemen will now face East Chambers, which came away with a hard-fought victory over Little River Academy. In the top half of the bracket, Kirbyville made a statement by rocking Brett Gilchrist and Whitney, 74-48. This Kirbyville offense is flat out dangerous with quarterback Jackson Gore, so Rockdale better be ready. The Tigers were ranked No. 1 for a majority of the season and are coming off an impressive 55-28 win over Buna. This region is downright scary, and we can’t wait for this weekend’s set of games.